Makeup by Elizabeth Root

Message me for a trial! I have over ten years of professional experience in makeup. I specialize in a more natural beauty but can confidently translate any type of look you might have in mind. I would be honored to make you feel beautiful and relaxed on your big day!

Beauty Group Bookings, Makeup, Makeup Artists, Beauty

0c8d5aab 564e 4969 83d1 f2c9134807e2~rs 100
A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100
9f08a459 f4b9 433a 96a4 cf8bc9e1b3dd~rs 100

Lamont St., San Diego, CA SAN DIEGO, CA AND BEYOND (619) 985-1066

Lucky to have found someone so great

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Jeff B

Elizabeth is AMAZING! She did my make-up for my wedding and my mom's. She worked with me to make my make-up natural; similar to what I wear everyday, but with a tad bit of spice with a flawless finish that I did not need to touch up all evening long. She was on time and... Read More accommodating for both my trial and the day of and her loving personality made it even more of a joy to work with her. I found her simply on the internet since I was new to the area and could not have been any happier. The highest of recommendations!

Incredibly Talented!

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Katherine R

I had the pleasure of working with Elizabeth on a recent shoot that I photographed and I couldn't sing higher praises. We were in a crunch for time as we were shooting outdoors, so she gladly and effortlessly did a majority of the clients makeup in the car on the way to the... Read More location. Her work is absolutely stunning and flawless. Not to mention, she can range from highly dramatic to the most natural and soft look. She is a highly talented artist and kind soul. I really look forward to working with her again in the future. -Katherine

Creative and Talented!

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Tricia G

Elizabeth is so amazing! I am so glad that I found her. For my wedding last September she did my makeup, as well as the makeup for my sister and my mom. Elizabeth is extremely talented and creative - not to mention sweet and down to earth. Our makeup looked gorgeous! She was... Read More able to listen to the direction that I had in mind and then use her creative vision to turn my vague statements into an amazing look for me on my wedding day. On top of all that, she was so professional. She showed up on time, was quick to answer my emails and questions and was very understanding and flexible when I had to reschedule my trial makeup run a few times. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist - I definitely plan on calling her again for any special occasion where I need to look and feel extra beautiful! Thanks again Elizabeth :)

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Amanda M

Great energy and VERY talented! Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with and provided me and 7 other women with gorgeous looks for my wedding day. Elizabeth traveled to Santa Barbara to do our makeup and although she had a jam packed day, she remained so fun, calm and positive all... Read More day. I highly recommend Elizabeth if you are going for that natural look and if you want to work with someone that has great energy!

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Tara D

I could not have asked for a better makeup artist on my Big Day. Elizabeth has perfected the natural makeup look and I'm so grateful I found her! Everyone's makeup turned out beautiful and exactly what they wanted it to be. Elizabeth was also great during the planning process.... Read More Super communicative and prompt in her responses. Also, her prices are standard across the board. Highly, highly recommend Elizabeth for anyone looking to get their makeup done!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Britt R

I LOVE Elizabeth! I couldn't have been happier having her on my wedding day. It was super important to me to have a natural look and she did an amazing job. I loved my makeup and plan on using Elizabeth for all future occasions. She's also just really sweet and knew how to keep... Read More me relaxed on my big day. She's the best!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Leah F

Elizabeth did my bridal make up, as well as my three bridesmaids and achieved exactly what I was looking for. I wanted to look like myself, but still have enough makeup on for the pictures. I could not have been happier and she totally accomplished exactly what I envisioned. A... Read More natural, classic, bronze-y look. My bridesmaids were super happy too (no one touched up what Elizabeth did – and these girls are picky ) and one has hired her since for a wedding. In addition to her expert make up skills, she is just a genuinely good, sweet, kind, patient person and was an awesome energy to have the morning before I walked down the aisle. Would recommend her and use her again without a doubt. Thank you Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 9/15/2017 Sarah A

Elizabeth is incredibly talented at what she does!! She did my make up for my engagement photos and I have already referred her to all of my girlfriends... and I will keep doing so for years to come! She's amazing and I would recommend her to anyone :)

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Jennifer D

We could not love Elizabeth more. She was so positive and calming morning of the wedding, and helped everyone shine in their own beautiful ways. Everyone's make up was personalized and helped each maid and mom feel their absolute best. Elizabeth is so talented, professional,... Read More fun, relaxed, and caring, and we could not be more thankful for her help on the wedding day. Thank you Elizabeth!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Becca D

I am so happy I hired Elizabeth to do my wedding make-up! She did make-up for my mom, my mother-in-law, my bridesmaids, and myself, and we all looked like our best selves while still looking natural. On top of her great work, Elizabeth is a dream to work with. She was quick... Read More to respond to emails, was super flexible with my ever-changing schedule, and has a calm and friendly personality--exactly what you need around on your wedding day! Would definitely Elizabeth again and again!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Nikki H

Elizabeth is the BEST! I hired Elizabeth to do our wedding makeup for myself (bride), 2 mothers, and 3 bridesmaids and everyone was so happy and looked gorgeous! The 3 bridesmaids that chose not to get their makeup done were so disappointed that they did their makeup themselves... Read More after they saw how talented Elizabeth was! Elizabeth is not only talented but her personality is exactly what you need on your wedding day. She was calm, happy, bright and brought a mellow to the room. I loved the way she did my makeup, I asked for "victoria secrete angel" and that is what she made me look like. I didn't want overly heavy makeup and she was able to do my makeup just perfect. You will not be disappointed, hire Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Laura M

Elizabeth is fabulous. My makeup was beautiful and natural. I looked like my best self without being overdone. She also did makeup for three of my friends and a little grooming on my brother (who was officiating) and the groom. Everyone was happy with her work and looked... Read More beautiful. She made the guys feel very relaxed and helped them to feel a little manlier by telling them she has done sportscaster makeup! She has exactly the type of lovely, calm, and positive vibe that you want around on your wedding day. While she is relaxed, she is also very professional. She will arrive and run on time, and she will do it with ease.

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Ame'e W

Elizabeth did an amazing job and went above and beyond. I loved that she was incredibly honest regarding what would and wouldn't look good on me and was able to do what a I wanted with a few small tweaks to make it look better than the pictures I showed her. She also helped... Read More calm my nerves, write my vows and made sure I didn't look like I had been up since 4am due to too much drinking the night before! She even got a glowing review from my EXTRA picky cousin, which is extremely hard to come by!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Lindsay P

Elizabeth is BEYOND talented. We hired Elizabeth for my wedding in November. All siz of my bridesmaids wanted to get their makeup done by her because they saw how beautiful her work was. Normally when bridal parties get their makeup done I am used to half the girls washing their... Read More face and starting over and the other half touching up what was done....not with elizabeth! Every girl LOVED their makeup and could not have been happier. She executed exactly what each girl wanted in the most natural and beautiful ways. On top of that she has the most easy going, professional and kind spirit. I was so happy with her work that I even hired her for a photoshoot and she was incredible for that as well. Thank you Elizabeth! You are amazing!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Robin S

I can't say enough about Elizabeth! Elizabeth did the makeup for my wedding for 7 of us, ranging in age from 14 to 70. The looks she created were tailored to each of us, and were flawless! Everyone looked natural, yet glamorous. I couldn't have been happier. Elizabeth is a... Read More consummate professional, and her talent is matched only by her sweet, calm demeanor. Everyone loved her. I highly recommend her, and she will be my go-to makeup artist in the future. Thank you Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Kathleen R

Elizabeth is incredible! She did my wedding makeup (and some of my bridesmaids' and mommas' makeup, too). I don't wear much, if any, makeup and always opt for a minimal look; I wanted to look like myself on my wedding day. After our makeup trial, I knew Elizabeth was just who I... Read More was looking for! She did a beautiful job: I felt natural but also SO glamorous. Her presence is so calming and sweet, which helped make for the best morning I could ask for on our wedding day. If I could give more than 5 stars, I would! She is simply the best.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Masey B

Elizabeth was awesome for all of our makeup needs. She came as a recommendation from our photographers, and now we can see why... even with close and personal pictures, she made us all look flawless! Not only that, Elizabeth is one of the kindest people you will meet. I would... Read More highly recommend her for any event needs you have.

Reviewed on 12/29/2016 Matthew S

I wanted leave a review because I know how helpful these are while searching for wedding help. I just got married in July 2016 and I can't thank Elizabeth enough for being apart of my wedding day!! I felt so beautiful and pampered and I really enjoyed her company. She is easy to... Read More talk to, very sweet and professional. In addition to my make up, I had 9 bridesmaids and my mom, and almost everyone had something done. We had a few scheduling set backs the day of and she was so patient accommodating to our changes. I also appreciated her hanging out with us all morning the day after she came back from your honeymoon!! If you can't tell, I think she's the best!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Kristen S

Elizabeth is incredible! Not only was she on time, professional, friendly, knowledgeable about her products, she also went above and beyond with my crew. Our make up was absolutely gorgeous, so natural not heavy or over done, she enhances your natural beauty. I adore her and... Read More would use her daily if I could! And I had a large wedding party so she needed to bring another artist, and she was amazing as well! So sweet and friendly and did an incredible job! If you haven't booked Elizabeth do it now! =)

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Heather M

I have only amazing things to say about Elizabeth!! From setting up a trial to the make up on the big day, she continued to impress. She is incredibly talented and was able to achieve a beautiful, natural look for myself, the bridesmaids, and my mom (who's never had her make up... Read More done and was a little nervous about false lashes). On top of that, she was such a sweet, calming presence on the morning of the wedding. I would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Amanda S

Elizabeth did my wedding in June and she was amazing! Myself, bridesmaids and mom, loved their makeup and we couldn't be happier. I really like that she has a more natural style and the pictures came out great. She was super sweet to work with and recommended the hairstylist... Read More that we ended up using who was also fantastic. She is super awesome I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Stephanie M

Elizabeth is the BEST. Not only does she make everybody look beautiful and natural, but she is so sweet and is exactly the person you want around on your wedding day! Elizabeth was professional, on time and so nice. Plus something about her made me feel so calm on a day that... Read More could get a little bit stressful. I can't recommend her highly enough. Thank you Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 6/10/2016 Jordan R

Is it possible to want someone to not only do your makeup on your wedding day, but everyday of your life? If so, I would like to have Elizabeth make me look pretty everyday. She's the most talented makeup artist I've ever seen, absolutely incredible. Elizabeth did makeup for my... Read More engagement photos last year, and for my wedding this past spring. Makeup is SO important to fall in love with on such a special day. I normally don't wear a ton of makeup, so finding someone who mastered the enhanced natural look was what I was hoping to come across. Elizabeth has a way of making every single person look their absolute best, while still looking like themselves. All eight of my bridesmaids and my mom looked outstanding! Not only is Elizabeth extremely skilled at what she does, but she's the sweetest person to be around. If you're looking for someone you can easily connect with and make everything enjoyable, she's your girl!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Krista O

Elizabeth was amazing!! From her friendly attitude when it turned out we would be starting very early, to her professionalism and must mention her products felt so comfortable on my skin. The pictures came out amazing!! Everyone looked amazing! Thanks so much Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Karen R

Elizabeth did an AMAZING job at doing my make for my wedding! I found out about Elizabeth though my sisters wedding. Elizabeth has done my makeup 3 separate times and each time it has turned out amazing. She did it once for my sister's wedding, once for my engagement photos and... Read More than once for my wedding. Elizabeth was so professional, and she kept me very calm on my wedding day. I loved having her in my room and it made my morning enjoyable. Elizabeth is also very organized and keeps to her schedule, which was very important to me. If you are going for an elegant but natural look I would definitely recommend her.

Elizabeth Root