Airbrush makeup & hair styling on location

Airbrush makeup or Traditional makeup and hair styling on location. For more pictures, please go to www.beautybymay.com or instagram under "makeupartist by may". Please contact me at [email protected] or my cell phone (808)220-4765.

Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails

2920 Ala Ilima St, Honolulu, HI (808) 220-4765

May is a Must Have!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Krista F

May is truly an artist. My main concern when it came to hair and makeup for our wedding was for it to be beautiful for sure, but also for me and my matron of honor and my mom to still look like ourselves. I wanted what we ended up calling a "dramatic but natural" look and what... Read More May gave us was exactly that. We looked and felt gorgeous! And we still looked like ourselves. May also did my mother's makeup. My mom, 73, had never had her makeup done by anyone before and was quite nervous but May did an amazing job and the look on my mom's face when she saw herself was priceless. She loved it. May also did our hair and that turned out gorgeous as well. I wish I could add pictures here of the bridal party and my mom to show you her wonderful work. May's warm manner, professionalism, and artistry make her a must have for your wedding or special event. I highly recommend her!

About May

Reviewed on 4/18/2015

May is absolutely amazing! She was very professional and extremely friendly! I was a little concerned about hiring a makeup and hair artist because I didn't know how good they would be. All I can say is AMAZING! My makeup and hair lasted all day and night even after my vow... Read More renewal! I received so many compliments. I've had my hair and makeup done professional many times before and I can honestly say May is the best!

Bridal Makeup

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 annie h

I love May and so does my bridesmaids! If I could, I'd put her in my bag and take her home with me! Then we'd have to fight over who gets her first! =) My girls are very picky with their makeups but they ooh'd and ahh'd about how great the makeup/hair turned out. She showed... Read More up earlier than scheduled time (A++++ in my book) and she was such a great person to work with. I would highly recommend booking her. My makeup came out perfect! Amazingly, the makeup lasted more than 10 hours! Bonus was the touch up kits :) Thanks May, I only used it once for my lips. Now the hair was amazing. I have thin Asian hair and she managed to give me volume and bounce that I've never seen before. On the day of my wedding, it was crazy windy but whatever magic she did with my hair, it stayed in place. Thanks May for making me beautiful and my wedding would not have been perfect without your great work! =) Mahalo, Annie @ Sheraton Waikiki Room 644

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Karina C

May is awesome! Highly recommended. She is very sweet and friendly. I totally love my bridal and bridesmaid makeup. Everything was great and she's super easy to work with. She is very responsive on emails and always get the information on time. Her customer service skill is... Read More excellent and her rate is very reasonable. I showed her a photo of the hairstyle that I like, and she made it way more prettier than I expected. Book with her and you will know!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley J

I worked with May for our hair and makeup and 100% recommend her. She was easy to talk to, always responded super quickly during the planning process, was super friendly, and obviously VERY talented and what she does. She took care of me (the bride) and 8 other people and got us... Read More all looking fantastic the day of. Again, I 100% recommend her to anyone looking to get hair and makeup done.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Ivy J

I didn't speak or meet May prior to my vow renewal since she was booked through a wedding coordinator. Pictures were sent to her for makeup & hair looks & she did exactly what I wanted if not better. She's punctual & professional. I highly recommend May.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kelli V

May did an amazing job. She made us feel at easy and listened to what we wanted then went about transforming us to the most beautiful versions do ourselves. Thank you May for all your hard work.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Amelia G

May is so incredibly talented and sweet! She made my getting ready for my wedding the best! She is super sweet! Would definitely recommend to anyone in need!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Anne L

I was so glad I picked may to be my makeup and hairstylist for my wedding day! She was so nice, professional, did a fabulous job and transformed me into a bridal model! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Jen C

I love May and Patty so much I can't even. My wedding coordinator recommended her and from the very beginning I knew she was professional and one of the best. When my wedding photographer showed up, they greeted each other cause they work together so often. May and Patty... Read More arrived a little early (!) and I was worried because my bridesmaids weren't all there yet. No worries, they got to work on my MoH right away and managed to finish everyone on time. My girls and I looked gorgeous with our hair and make up done in the exact styles we wanted. May even gave us recommendations when she thought something didn't look quite right and showed us why. I had asked for some flowers in my hair and May brought a variety of soft foam flowers for me to choose from. I love them and were able to keep them and take home with me as a memento of our special day. May even left me with a cute touch up kit with the colors of my lip gloss that she used, oil absorbing sheets, and q tips for application. It was such a sweet touch, I really appreciated it. Thank you for everything! I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out :)

Reviewed on 3/18/2017

May knocked my vision for hair and makeup out of the park. She helped me make the final decision based on my dress and she was bang on with her decision. Thanks May ❀️

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Boyd H

Words cannot begin to say how beyond impressed I was with May. My girls looked great and my hair and make up was PERFECT - exactly what I hoped for. I felt so beautiful and yet comfortable! My makeup wasn't too heavy, it stayed in place, my hair was solid but not too tight. She... Read More was also very flexible with the last minute addition of doing my flower girl's hair. I would absolutely recommend May!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Adna K

Being from Australia and having my wedding in Hawaii I didn't have the advantage of local knowledge. However my wedding planner has worked for many, many years with May and recommended her without a doubt and I am so thankful she did. May was absolutely amazing. Even without a... Read More test run, the hair and make-up of me, my mum and my bridesmaids turned out absolutely beautifully. May herself is extremely sweet and kind, and very accommodating. She graciously agreed to a later start time so that I could get an extra hour or so of shut eye! (Because who sleeps well the night before their wedding?!) So thank you so much to May and her mother for being so great on such a special day :)

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Adna K

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amy Q

May and Paty did a fantastic job on hair and make-up for me, 2 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and my now-hubby's mom. I first met May in August when my fiancΓ© and I visited Hawaii to do some wedding planning. I went into my hair and make-up trial not really knowing what end result... Read More I wanted, but May looked at the photos I showed her, listened to me describe my dress, and then helped combine a few of ideas I had into a look I really loved... and something she thought would look nice with my dress. On the big day in November, May and Paty arrived 15 min early (best news ever to a bride on her wedding day lol) and waited patiently in the lobby for us to get the room ready for them to work their magic. They were super organized and kept all of us right on schedule. May did make up for everyone else and Paty did hair for everyone else, but May did both hair and make-up for me. At some point, one of the groomsmen came to exchange my letter to my fiancΓ© with his letter to me. When he came to the door, May and my bridesmaids helped hide me so that the surprise wouldn't be spoiled. :) When the photographer and videographer came, she asked them if they wanted her to do/repeat anything she had already done so they could get the shots they wanted. She was very sweet and accommodating! May and Paty did and amazing job on everybody's hair and make up, but I have to give super special credit to May for my bridal hair and make-up. The curls stayed completely intact all night and did not fall out. Someone even asked me if I had extensions in because it looked so voluminous.... but nope, it was just May's magic. She also gave me a touch-up kit just in case I needed to fix anything during the day, but I ended up not needing it... even though I got super emotional and cried multiple times throughout the day. The makeup didn't come off and looked flawless all night. May's the best! :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sarah C

May is amazing! I tried not to bug her a lot but I wanted her to have an idea before she came to do my hair so I texted her pics and samples of what I was looking for. She is so responsive and always answered my texts. She's so sweet and offers great advice! I didn't really know... Read More what I wanted with my hair and she was able to work her magic! Thank you so much for making me feel like a beautiful bride!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Maureen C

May was truly amazing. My coordinator actually booked and scheduled everything for me, and I'm so grateful we got May for my wedding. We flew into Honolulu on Friday at noon for a Sunday wedding, and immediately went to May for a trial session. I'm glad we did that because it... Read More gave us time to get to know each other and chat. May is so nice and sweet and gave us recommendations for food, and even said that, should we ever visit her home country of Thailand, we could contact her and ask her for more recommendations. We chatted about a ton of things, which was great because, of course on Sunday, I was too nervous and excited to say anything. But because of the Friday session, I felt like we had great rapport and she knew what kind of look I wanted. I had her provide makeup services for the groom, both the mothers, and myself. All of them turned out great! My new husband jokes he wish we could bring her home to help us with our faces every day. For the hair, both the moms had short-ish shoulder-length hair, so I wasn't sure what kind of hairdo she would have, maybe just curls straight down? No way, May did some amazing stunts and gave them an updo that looks so full of long locks but did not need to use a single extension! I was thoroughly impressed and really excited. Our moms looked BEAUTIFUL and overall May gave us the ability to just confidently smile and laugh without worrying if hair was leaking out of bobby pins or if makeup was streaking down our face. It held up SO WELL in the heat. I love May and I loved her services, and I would recommend her to anyone coming to Oahu for ANYTHING.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

I highly recommend May to style your hair! My hair turned out absolutely beautiful and I loved how it looked in my pictures! She styled natural looking curls and controlled my frizz perfectly ;) She is also a very sweet and friendly person! She even styled the hair around my... Read More mom's face as a bonus :) I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Donna M

May did an incredible job with my hair and makeup! I was wedding planning from the East Coast and sent her a few pictures of how I wanted my hair and makeup to look on my wedding day. She was very quick to answer my emails (I was very nervous about the long distance planning)... Read More and actually showed up early to do my hair and makeup. She knocked it out of the park -- I got so many compliments on my hair (loose curls with a few intricate braids in the back) and my makeup. She chose this great pink lip color that looked absolutely stunning and really popped in my pictures. I would 100% recommend her to anyone. Also, she is incredibly sweet, and I enjoyed chatting with her as she helped me get ready. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone without any reservation.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mandy T

MAY IS A MUST! For my destination wedding in July, I was recommended to May for my wedding make-up and updo. I also had 4 other people who required updo's. May and her assistant were amazing! I had May come to the hotel where I was staying for a trial session - I highly... Read More recommend this, it's the best investment I made for the wedding! I kid you not! Photos might give you inspiration, but it always looks different on you! On the day of my wedding, I asked her to do something different with my hair and this was to take my original updo and change it so that it would sit higher. May did so and without any photo as a sample, she did her magic and I loved it! :) I had a second hairstyle (hair down to the side with lots of curls) for the evening ceremony and reception and May did an amazing job with this as well! Having long straight black hair, I was worried that my hairstyle would not last the evening, however, May made sure that it did! The curls were still in my hair the next morning, and I took advantage of it and went to our post-wedding brunch in a half-up do! I'm Asian and don't wear a lot of make-up and when I thought the make-up was too strong, May explained that it was required for photography as I was having an outdoor wedding where the sun would be very bright. May listened to my concerns and was very accommodating. As for my make-up, it lasted all night and though I was given a touch-up kit, I didn't have to use it at all! Aside from myself, my bridesmaids and Mom were all very happy with their hairstyles and the care that May and her assistant put forth in making sure we were comfortable with the hairstyles they had. One of my bridesmaids has mid-length hair and we weren't sure what exactly to do with her hair. May saw a picture of her and based on the shape of her face and hair length knew exactly what to do - and she looked amazing! :) May is formidable in what she does! She listens to feedback & gives you even more back! I can't recommend her more!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016

Beauty by May did an excellent job on my makeup. Her communication prior to the big day was exceptional which is really comforting. She arrived on time and was very professional. The photographer commented on how flawless the makeup was and how they'd be no shine to edit. I can... Read More confidently recommend her.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Gennessey L

May is truly an artist - and she knows how to give GREAT volume! All the ladies looked beautiful on my wedding day and all our hair and makeup lasted the ENTIRE day and night (from 1pm til about 2am!). May was so sweet and I absolutely loved working with her.

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Christina R

I first encountered May when I was Maid of Honor for my friend's wedding. I was blown away about how long my hair and makeup lasted. My friend's wedding started at 5 pm and it lasted all the way until 2 am! Curls and all. Flash forward to my wedding. I did look at other hair... Read More and makeup vendors to give myself options. However the other two weren't great at communication. May was prompt and professional from start to finish. Her work as always was fabulous. She even helped out with one of my bridesmaids who has sensitive skin allergy. She gave me a list of the makeup she used so my bridesmaid could go test it out before hand. Luckily she wasn't allergic to any of the make up! If I ever have any future events, I'm definitely contacting May. I already told my bridesmaid that's getting married this year also to definitely contact May. Of course she has experienced her work twice already!! Thanks May for all your hard work!!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Nhi P

May is the best make up artist that I ever met. She is not only skilled, but also very kind, sweet, and out going person. With the warmest smile on her face, I felt so comfortable and I knew that she could be so amazing. May made me so beautiful on my wedding day that my... Read More husband couldn't take his eyes off me. I received so many compliments on how beautiful and stunning I looked in the most important day of my life. I couldn't have dreamt anything better than what May is. May has a amazing talent for what she does. I greatly recommend her service to all the brides. Thank you so much for making me soooo beautiful on my wedding day May. You are the best. I love you πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Reviewed on 4/02/2016

I am sooo glad that I found May, she is so talented and creative! She definitely knows how to work on Asian faces and eyes, and of course hair too! I couldn't be happier of how everything turned out! And her customer service is also beyond my expectation. Just love her and... Read More definitely recommend her to every bride!