Airbrush makeup & hair styling on location

Airbrush makeup or Traditional makeup and hair styling on location. For more pictures, please go to www.beautybymay.com or instagram under "makeupartist by may". Please contact me at [email protected] or my cell phone (808)220-4765.

Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup Artists, Nails

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

2920 Ala Ilima St, Honolulu, HI (808) 220-4765

May is a Must Have!

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Krista F

May is truly an artist. My main concern when it came to hair and makeup for our wedding was for it to be beautiful for sure, but also for me and my matron of honor and my mom to still look like ourselves. I wanted what we ended up calling a "dramatic but natural" look and what... Read More May gave us was exactly that. We looked and felt gorgeous! And we still looked like ourselves. May also did my mother's makeup. My mom, 73, had never had her makeup done by anyone before and was quite nervous but May did an amazing job and the look on my mom's face when she saw herself was priceless. She loved it. May also did our hair and that turned out gorgeous as well. I wish I could add pictures here of the bridal party and my mom to show you her wonderful work. May's warm manner, professionalism, and artistry make her a must have for your wedding or special event. I highly recommend her!

About May

Reviewed on 4/18/2015

May is absolutely amazing! She was very professional and extremely friendly! I was a little concerned about hiring a makeup and hair artist because I didn't know how good they would be. All I can say is AMAZING! My makeup and hair lasted all day and night even after my vow... Read More renewal! I received so many compliments. I've had my hair and makeup done professional many times before and I can honestly say May is the best!

Bridal Makeup

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 annie h

I love May and so does my bridesmaids! If I could, I'd put her in my bag and take her home with me! Then we'd have to fight over who gets her first! =) My girls are very picky with their makeups but they ooh'd and ahh'd about how great the makeup/hair turned out. She showed... Read More up earlier than scheduled time (A++++ in my book) and she was such a great person to work with. I would highly recommend booking her. My makeup came out perfect! Amazingly, the makeup lasted more than 10 hours! Bonus was the touch up kits :) Thanks May, I only used it once for my lips. Now the hair was amazing. I have thin Asian hair and she managed to give me volume and bounce that I've never seen before. On the day of my wedding, it was crazy windy but whatever magic she did with my hair, it stayed in place. Thanks May for making me beautiful and my wedding would not have been perfect without your great work! =) Mahalo, Annie @ Sheraton Waikiki Room 644

Reviewed on 3/18/2018 Rita Y

May is amazing, love my makeup and hair so much. She is super friendly and professional! I feel I’m so lucky to have her for my wedding make up and hair stylist.

Reviewed on 2/27/2018 Elisha L

May is a JOY to work with! if you want to hire vendors that will help to create a stress free wedding, HIRE MAY. I hired her for my engagement photos. It was a super windy day but my hair and makeup held up just fine. After all the winds blew through my hair, I just ran my... Read More fingers through the curls and it bounced right back into place. I also had her do a trial where she was able to get exactly what I was looking for. Throughout the wedding process she was very quick to respond to my questions and so very sweet, including when I needed to change the timeline of the wedding day. On the day of the wedding, she came early (as she usually does, making things more stress free), and worked on my four bridesmaids. She and her assistant worked quickly, but quality was not compromised because my girls all looked flawless! When it was my turn, she was able to give me advice on where to place the flowers I'll be putting in my hair, helping to put in my veil, and even what kind of makeup would work best based on the weather that day. My hair and makeup looked exactly like how we had it in the trial, and stayed in place throughout the night of a million hugs and sweaty dancing. On top of that, her prices are beyond reasonable for the quality and service you get. I recommend anyone looking for a hair/makeup artist book May asap!!!

Reviewed on 2/12/2018 Caitlin L

I found May through The Knot and decided to book her for my wedding based on the photos of her gorgeous work and the fact that she specializes in hair and makeup for Asian women (I have very straight, slippery hair and typical Asian eyes). She is very prompt and sweet in her... Read More communications. I had a trial run a few months before the wedding and she made me feel at ease and allowed my mom and sister to be there as well. She listened to what I wanted but also added her own professional input, which I appreciated. On the day of the wedding, May and her helper were there bright and early and took care of me, four bridesmaids, my mom and mother-in-law. Everyone looked beautiful and they even finished ahead of schedule. I mentioned to May that I wanted some slight changes to my hairstyle from the trial session, and she was able to pull it off wonderfully! I felt beautiful but still myself (very important to me as I wear hardly any makeup in my everyday life), and I got a lot of compliments from my family and friends. My hair and makeup lasted through the end of the night and I couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. Thank you May!

Reviewed on 1/15/2018 Appi Y

I am so glad to have had May my makeup artist for our wedding! I first discovered May on Wedding Wire and was amazed to see the beautiful transformations she made on her clients! I emailed her soon after and she responded right away. I ordered the make up trial session and had a... Read More wonderful time getting my trial done with her. She was so kind and made me feel very relaxed as I got my makeup done. For the wedding, I ordered makeup and hair for myself and makeup done for my bridesmaids. On the day of, she was the first to arrive and was ready to go. With a brush and a palette, she managed to create magic and make my bridesmaids and I look BEAUTIFUL on my wedding day! She even provided a touch up kit to make sure our makeup stayed flawless. I felt absolutely beautiful the whole day and the photos/video of my wedding turned out wonderful. My bridesmaids and I LOVED having her as our makeup artist and I HIGHLY recommend her to all of my family and friends!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Sze S

May is awesome. She is very professional and being flexible to my hectic schedule. Her markup lasted for the entire day during a humid summer. The pictures came out very nice because of the makeup as camera usually picked up color stronger then human eyes. Highly recommended.... Read More Not to mention, May us very polite and a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Catherine F

She was awesome! At 62, widowed and entering my chapter 2. I felt Beautiful

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Ayano M

The perfect makeup-hairstyle for my perfect day! My wedding was destination wedding in Hawaii. I kept contact with May from overseas and her response was very quick and on time. I had a previous consultation with May before the wedding day, and discussed what style I want to... Read More have on my wedding, and she nailed everything I wanted to do in the day of. She also provided me her knowledge on make up, hairstyle from her various experience and that helped a lot! I had three bridesmaids, and they all were happy to receive her service. The pricing details were a little confusing for me since our major contact source was email (it’s hard going through a hundreds of email threads to find what you looking for) , but May was kind enough to remind me what is the total will going to be and what my invoice would look like. I’m very satisfied and happy with what she offers and she was a perfect hair& make-up artist for me! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Paige D

I highly recommend May to anyone looking to feel gorgeous on their wedding day! She was great at communicating and always got back to me right away during the planning process. On the day of my wedding I had met May, she presented very professional and sweet. She was so... Read More accommodating around all the chaos that goes on the day of a wedding. I can't thank her enough for working with and around such a large group of girls. She was truly amazing at doing exactly what I wanted with my hair and make up. The best part was my makeup stayed on perfectly all night without needing one touch up, I was very impressed especially with all the Hawaiian humidity! May played a huge role in making the biggest day of my life perfect!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Karina C

May is awesome! Highly recommended. She is very sweet and friendly. I totally love my bridal and bridesmaid makeup. Everything was great and she's super easy to work with. She is very responsive on emails and always get the information on time. Her customer service skill is... Read More excellent and her rate is very reasonable. I showed her a photo of the hairstyle that I like, and she made it way more prettier than I expected. Book with her and you will know!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley J

I worked with May for our hair and makeup and 100% recommend her. She was easy to talk to, always responded super quickly during the planning process, was super friendly, and obviously VERY talented and what she does. She took care of me (the bride) and 8 other people and got us... Read More all looking fantastic the day of. Again, I 100% recommend her to anyone looking to get hair and makeup done.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Ivy J

I didn't speak or meet May prior to my vow renewal since she was booked through a wedding coordinator. Pictures were sent to her for makeup & hair looks & she did exactly what I wanted if not better. She's punctual & professional. I highly recommend May.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Kelli V

May did an amazing job. She made us feel at easy and listened to what we wanted then went about transforming us to the most beautiful versions do ourselves. Thank you May for all your hard work.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Amelia G

May is so incredibly talented and sweet! She made my getting ready for my wedding the best! She is super sweet! Would definitely recommend to anyone in need!

Reviewed on 4/10/2017 Anne L

I was so glad I picked may to be my makeup and hairstylist for my wedding day! She was so nice, professional, did a fabulous job and transformed me into a bridal model! Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Jen C

I love May and Patty so much I can't even. My wedding coordinator recommended her and from the very beginning I knew she was professional and one of the best. When my wedding photographer showed up, they greeted each other cause they work together so often. May and Patty... Read More arrived a little early (!) and I was worried because my bridesmaids weren't all there yet. No worries, they got to work on my MoH right away and managed to finish everyone on time. My girls and I looked gorgeous with our hair and make up done in the exact styles we wanted. May even gave us recommendations when she thought something didn't look quite right and showed us why. I had asked for some flowers in my hair and May brought a variety of soft foam flowers for me to choose from. I love them and were able to keep them and take home with me as a memento of our special day. May even left me with a cute touch up kit with the colors of my lip gloss that she used, oil absorbing sheets, and q tips for application. It was such a sweet touch, I really appreciated it. Thank you for everything! I can't wait to see how the pictures turned out :)

Reviewed on 3/18/2017

May knocked my vision for hair and makeup out of the park. She helped me make the final decision based on my dress and she was bang on with her decision. Thanks May ❤️

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Boyd H

Words cannot begin to say how beyond impressed I was with May. My girls looked great and my hair and make up was PERFECT - exactly what I hoped for. I felt so beautiful and yet comfortable! My makeup wasn't too heavy, it stayed in place, my hair was solid but not too tight. She... Read More was also very flexible with the last minute addition of doing my flower girl's hair. I would absolutely recommend May!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Adna K

Being from Australia and having my wedding in Hawaii I didn't have the advantage of local knowledge. However my wedding planner has worked for many, many years with May and recommended her without a doubt and I am so thankful she did. May was absolutely amazing. Even without a... Read More test run, the hair and make-up of me, my mum and my bridesmaids turned out absolutely beautifully. May herself is extremely sweet and kind, and very accommodating. She graciously agreed to a later start time so that I could get an extra hour or so of shut eye! (Because who sleeps well the night before their wedding?!) So thank you so much to May and her mother for being so great on such a special day :)

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Amy Q

May and Paty did a fantastic job on hair and make-up for me, 2 of my bridesmaids, my mom, and my now-hubby's mom. I first met May in August when my fiancé and I visited Hawaii to do some wedding planning. I went into my hair and make-up trial not really knowing what end result... Read More I wanted, but May looked at the photos I showed her, listened to me describe my dress, and then helped combine a few of ideas I had into a look I really loved... and something she thought would look nice with my dress. On the big day in November, May and Paty arrived 15 min early (best news ever to a bride on her wedding day lol) and waited patiently in the lobby for us to get the room ready for them to work their magic. They were super organized and kept all of us right on schedule. May did make up for everyone else and Paty did hair for everyone else, but May did both hair and make-up for me. At some point, one of the groomsmen came to exchange my letter to my fiancé with his letter to me. When he came to the door, May and my bridesmaids helped hide me so that the surprise wouldn't be spoiled. :) When the photographer and videographer came, she asked them if they wanted her to do/repeat anything she had already done so they could get the shots they wanted. She was very sweet and accommodating! May and Paty did and amazing job on everybody's hair and make up, but I have to give super special credit to May for my bridal hair and make-up. The curls stayed completely intact all night and did not fall out. Someone even asked me if I had extensions in because it looked so voluminous.... but nope, it was just May's magic. She also gave me a touch-up kit just in case I needed to fix anything during the day, but I ended up not needing it... even though I got super emotional and cried multiple times throughout the day. The makeup didn't come off and looked flawless all night. May's the best! :)

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Sarah C

May is amazing! I tried not to bug her a lot but I wanted her to have an idea before she came to do my hair so I texted her pics and samples of what I was looking for. She is so responsive and always answered my texts. She's so sweet and offers great advice! I didn't really know... Read More what I wanted with my hair and she was able to work her magic! Thank you so much for making me feel like a beautiful bride!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Maureen C

May was truly amazing. My coordinator actually booked and scheduled everything for me, and I'm so grateful we got May for my wedding. We flew into Honolulu on Friday at noon for a Sunday wedding, and immediately went to May for a trial session. I'm glad we did that because it... Read More gave us time to get to know each other and chat. May is so nice and sweet and gave us recommendations for food, and even said that, should we ever visit her home country of Thailand, we could contact her and ask her for more recommendations. We chatted about a ton of things, which was great because, of course on Sunday, I was too nervous and excited to say anything. But because of the Friday session, I felt like we had great rapport and she knew what kind of look I wanted. I had her provide makeup services for the groom, both the mothers, and myself. All of them turned out great! My new husband jokes he wish we could bring her home to help us with our faces every day. For the hair, both the moms had short-ish shoulder-length hair, so I wasn't sure what kind of hairdo she would have, maybe just curls straight down? No way, May did some amazing stunts and gave them an updo that looks so full of long locks but did not need to use a single extension! I was thoroughly impressed and really excited. Our moms looked BEAUTIFUL and overall May gave us the ability to just confidently smile and laugh without worrying if hair was leaking out of bobby pins or if makeup was streaking down our face. It held up SO WELL in the heat. I love May and I loved her services, and I would recommend her to anyone coming to Oahu for ANYTHING.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

I highly recommend May to style your hair! My hair turned out absolutely beautiful and I loved how it looked in my pictures! She styled natural looking curls and controlled my frizz perfectly ;) She is also a very sweet and friendly person! She even styled the hair around my... Read More mom's face as a bonus :) I highly recommend her!