Beechwood Hotel

Worcester, MA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Maria Gill Wilson Room. The turn-of-the-century Victorian chapel is a beautiful and romantic setting for indoor ceremonies. The historic chapel boasts original stained glass windows, wood beams, wainscoting and a carved wooden ceiling from 1872.

Grand ballroom. The Beechwood Hotel's grand ballroom features beautiful decor and vast cathedral ceilings in a space that can accommodate up to 250 guests.

Seasonal outdoor spaces. Outdoor spaces are available seasonally for ceremonies and receptions. Outdoor events enjoy views of the garden patio and beautifully landscaped grounds.

The Beechwood Hotel also offers overnight accommodations and an on-site restaurant, the Ceres Bistro. Couples can create a full weekend event for their guests with a rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and the Beechwood Brunch on Sunday morning. Large parties can reserve a private room for brunch, or guests can enjoy a general reservation or breakfast at Ceres Bistro.

The Beechwood Hotel offers luxurious accommodations for couples and their guests. Its 52 guest rooms and 21 suites boast vaulted ceilings, sophisticated decor and modern comforts, and couples receive group rates for their wedding guests. Couples also receive complimentary overnight stays on their wedding nights.

Weddings at the Beechwood Hotel include an event planner that works with the couple to create their ideal wedding day. The wedding coordinator works with couples on all aspects of their wedding, including location selection, decor and the catering package. Catering and alcohol must be provided by the venue, and all packages are fully customizable to best meet the couple's needs. Some catering packages include alcohol, and cash bars are also available. All linens, tables, chairs and chair covers are included.

Catering services include options for hors d'oeuvres, cocktail receptions, plated dinners, buffet dinners, stations and desserts. Packages include the use of servers, and couples can also schedule tastings to choose their menu items. Outside cakes are allowed. Bar services include options for:

• Bartenders
  • Champagne toast
  • Open, limited or cash bar
  • Signature drink
  • House beer, wine and liquor
  • Premium beer and liquor
  • Specialty wine

To reserve their wedding date, couples must provide a deposit upon booking, as well as a second deposit six months before the event. The final payment is due 10 days before the scheduled event.

The Beechwood Hotel pampers the bridal party on the big day with a relaxing and private hospitality room complete with hors d'oeuvres and champagne. Other perks include:

• Dance floor
  • Complimentary on-site parking
  • Wheelchair accessibility

Worcester's Only Luxury Boutique Hotel

Exchange vows in our authentic Victorian Chapel, entertain guests on our terrace, dance the night away within our magnificent Grand Ballroom. Accommodating up to 250 guests, we provide impeccable service, award-winning cuisine, luxurious rooms and all coordinated by our professional staff.

Ballroom, Hotel, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

363 Plantation Street, Worcester, MA (508) 453-1112

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Ellie T

Our wedding ceremony and reception at the Beechwood was absolutely perfect! The intimate chapel with gorgeous stained glass set the perfect background for our ceremony, and the ballroom was an ideal set up for an elegant and flawless reception. The staff, led by Elisabeth,... Read More went above and beyond for us. They turned our vision into a reality and made it completely stress free. Their attention to detail, responsiveness to phone calls/emails, list of vendors and overall guidance during the entire process was unparalleled. The beautiful hotel complete with breakfast and a great bar is just the icing on the cake. We would absolutely recommend having a wedding at the Beechwood! It was honestly the best decision we made while planning our wedding!

2016-09-12T09:58:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Ellie and Tom, for your kind words. It was a pleasure to work with you, and nothing made me happier than seeing you two able to focus on your family, friends, and most importantly, each other on your wedding day. All... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Robin G

Having our wedding reception at the Beechwood was a dream come true! Elisabeth was wonderful to work with! She is so sweet and easy to talk to! Sometimes it would take her a couple of days to get back to me in an email, but she was very on top of her game! The Beechwood itself... Read More is a gorgeous hotel! If you are looking for a formal setting, this is the place to go with! We got so many compliments on the food, and the service was on point! There were also several things included in our wedding package that made things so much easier, such as including our cake in the cost. We had several people comment on how elegant and beautiful the reception was, and our guests were very happy with their stay at the Beechwood. Would highly recommend!

2016-09-06T16:22:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Robin! It was so rewarding seeing your friends and family gathering to celebrate the start of your marriage, and enjoying their time at the Beechwood. It was truly my pleasure!

One of a kind wedding-more incredible than we could have imagined

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Dawn-Marie C

From the moment we visited the Beechwood and met Yvonne, we knew we wanted to get married there. My husband and I were married in November 2014 at the Beechwood Hotel. Everything from the food, to the venue, to the service was outstanding. I highly recommend the Beechwood for... Read More an amazing wedding venue. We chose the roasted chicken and the salmon for dinner entrees, pecorino and pancetta mashed potatoes and roasted root vegetables. The guests raved about the food. For apps during cocktail hour, my favorite was the scallops wrapped in bacon. The bartenders at Ceres helped up choose a signature drink that the guests really enjoyed. Yvonne helped make the venue look amazing. She took all of the decorations we had, and decorated the venue perfectly. Yvonne also helped out tremendously throughout the process. She scheduled meetings to help us plan and decide all of the details of the wedding. She was easy to work with and always friendly. Sometimes it was easier to contact her via phone versus email for quick questions. Ceres entertained our guests after the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding as well as after the wedding. The guests enjoyed having a place to continue to celebrate after the wedding had ended. The morning after the wedding, our guests enjoyed the award-winning brunch at the Beechwood. Many have said they will be returning for the brunch alone! We had a wonderful experience and will be revisiting for our anniversary! Best of luck planning your wedding and the Beechwood Hotel is well worth looking in to!

2015-01-06T16:55:29 Response from the vendor

Dawn, Thank you for your amazing review! It was a great pleasure planning with you and Mark. Both your personalities and creativity were displayed beautifully. Please keep us in mind for any future events. I would very much like the pleasure of working with you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Danielle B

The 1/5 star rating we gave the Beechwood is generous, in my opinion. Let me preface by saying that my husband and I are very laid-back people, and we had no problems whatsoever with any of our other vendors (many of whom we gave 4.5+ stars already). The Beechwood Hotel was... Read More truly bad enough to elicit negative comments from us, which is really saying something. We were truly embarrassed by the Beechwood’s utter lack of hospitality. Since our wedding was out of town for most of our guests, we booked a wedding block with the Beechwood for our guest's lodging. Our ceremony and reception was held at the College of the Holy Cross. To emphasize our grievances more clearly and concisely, I'll list them below: 1) The staff of the Beechwood convinced us to book a smaller block, promising a warning call and the opportunity to book more rooms as the hotel filled up. WE RECEIVED NO SUCH CALL, and we quickly RAN OUT OF ROOMS IN OUR BLOCK as a result. Many of our guests had to make alternative arrangements. 2) Abysmal customer service. We received numerous angry phone calls (>10 calls) from family and friends saying that the Hotel’s front desk was very rude to them during the booking process. They were also rude to us when we called. We complained about this to the wedding coordinator, but nothing was done about it. 3) The abysmal customer service that prefaced our wedding was even worse in-person. The front desk was incredibly rude and snobbish to many of our guests (and us). 4) NOBODY BOTHERED TO CLEAN OUR BRIDAL SUITE, SO WE SPENT OUR WEDDING NIGHT IN A DIRTY, UNMADE ROOM. We were promised that our bridal suite, which I used to get dressed/hair done/made-up with all eight of my bridesmaids, would be cleaned while we were gone so that we would have a romantic setting for our wedding night. Instead, we spent the eve of our wedding sleeping next to a stale pitcher of mimosa with the room in complete disarray. How romantic. 5) We later discovered that the HOTEL DIDN'T GIVE US A PROPER BRIDAL SUITE. We were none-the-wiser until one of our guests mentioned how nice and roomy her room was and how she really enjoyed the fireplace. That was supposed to be ours. I’m glad someone got to enjoy it. 6) The hotel gave away the room of one of our guests and did not provide any compensation for their mistake. The 1 star rating that we provided the Beechwood Hotel is based solely on its elegant style, attractive aesthetics, and convenient location. Other than that, we could not be more dissatisfied with the Hotel.

Love!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Sarah G

We had the most perfect wedding. We were married at College of the Holy Cross, and we had our reception at the Beechwood. Elisabeth, the wedding coordinator at the hotel, was amazing to work with. She took all our ideas and pictures and did the entire set up as we described. We... Read More did stations for dinner and utilized the chapel for dinner. Our guests all commented that the food was amazing. The entire staff was great to work with.

2015-11-03T11:31:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the lovely review, Sarah! Working with you and Evan was such a great experience. I loved being a part of your wedding day and helping to bring your special theme to life. I wish you both all the best, and... Read Less Read More

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Elizabeth H

The Beechwood Hotel exceeded my expectations for a reception venue! For the most part it is an all-inclusive package, and for the services they do not provide they give a great suggested vendors list. The wedding coordinators (Elizabeth & Meghan) were wonderful throughout the... Read More entire process, and all other staff the day of our wedding were fantastic! Our wedding reception was truly flawless, and we could not have asked for more from the Beechwood Hotel.

2015-11-03T11:21:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind review! It was so great to help you and your family plan your wedding day, and I feel very luck to have been a part of it. I wish you both all the best in your new life together! Thank... Read Less Read More

Lovely stay and wonderful bar/restaurant

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Helene H

This is definitely the best hotel in Worcester. The rooms are lovely, comfortable and have nice linens, etc. And the hotel's restaurant and bar are wonderful! It's a little pricey if you reserve something other than a standard room but still would highly recommend!

Outdoor Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Deanna C

We chose this venue for our ceremony because they have the outdoor terrace, with the indoor chapel available in case of bad weather. The weather was perfect and the ceremony beautiful outside! Yvonne was very helpful and all of my requests were honored for our ceremony.

Beechwood Wedding

Reviewed on 1/03/2013 Janna D

I had my wedding at the Beechwood December 2012. Everything far exceeded our expectations!! We worked with Laurie who was very professional and helpful through the whole process. She and the entire staff made sure we didn't have to worry about anything on the big day. The... Read More ballroom looked spectacular for our winter wedding. We got so many compliments on the food and the service at the hotel from our guests. We are so glad we chose the Beechwood for our special day.

Beechwood Hotel is the Best!

Reviewed on 8/23/2012 Christina V

The Beechwood was amazing to work with for my wedding. Their event coordinator, Laurie, really listened to what was important to me and made sure that everything was perfect on my wedding day, including getting me a special "bride" meal. It's a beautiful site with a top-notch... Read More staff who really worked with me and my guests to make everything run smoothly. It POURED rain on my wedding day but the Beechwood was prepared, lending guests huge umbrellas and having valets bring cars right up to the doors so that no one would get wet. I cannot say enough good things about this site if you are having a Worcester Wedding!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 Krystal H

The wedding turned out beautiful. There were a couple hiccups in communication at the begining but it all worked out in the end.

Good location BAD customer service

Reviewed on 9/04/2011 Sophia A

The Beechwood is a beautiful location and has a unique ballroom for a hotel. The food was good, although the food at the tasting tasted much better than the food actually served that day. However, I would not recommend this location because of their lack of customer service.... Read More Their event staff was difficult from the moment we signed the contract. We went through 3 different representatives of the event staff because they had to hire someone who either left or was fired. We were not even informed that our original staff person was no longer working at the Beechwood and we had to ask about this. Many of the requests we were promised and asked about before we signed the contract we had to fight for days weeks/months later. Simple requests such as the number of people at the head table we had to fight over. Ever request I made was a fight. The Beechwood caused me more stress than any vendor I had. That said the service the day of the wedding was great. We had a fabulous time and everything went smoothly for our guests.

Almost perfect!

Reviewed on 6/02/2011 Cara P

Everything on my wedding day/night was perfect! The people I worked with at the Beechwood were very helpful and always available. The only reason they didn't get 5 stars is because the service at our brunch the next morning was not up to par.