Redefining what it means to be a modern wedding DJ

Our philosophy is simple – enhance the focal point of any moment in a wedding, but to never be the focal point of your wedding. Whether we are providing your reception DJ and MC, ceremony sound, music for your cocktails, or gorgeous lighting - we are committed to providing the best service at the best value. Very few DJs meet our standards, so we maintain a small, hand-picked team. Bela Sono Music is founded on simple principles: Perform at the highest level for everything we do, don’t cut corners, and be fair and transparent with every client and wedding industry partner. Get in touch to see the true difference in a boutique approach to the absolute best weddings through music programming and lighting design!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment

Washington DC, Virginia and Maryland (703) 573-0752

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Winston C

Choosing a DJ for our wedding was a big decision for my (now) wife and me. We are both big music fans and go to a ton of live shows. You could say we’re pretty picky about our tastes in music. We also realized that music is such a big part of the success of a wedding/reception.... Read More We didn’t want a DJ who would just press play on a playlist of top 40 songs. We were looking for a DJ who could transition smoothly from song-to-song, improvise where needed, work in our requests, keep people on the dance floor, move from oldies through 80-90s to modern music, and MC without being too over the top. Ross turned out to be everything we wanted and more. He was so easy to talk to in the planning stages. He took special care to make sure he knew correct pronunciations of the names of the wedding party. He really listened - talking to us at length about what types of music we liked and didn’t like. He reviewed the wedding timeline with us so he knew exactly what was happening when. He followed up calls with recap notes. He was all around super professional. When it came time for the reception - Ross nailed it. He is a truly talented DJ. He mixed from song to song, overlaying one track seamlessly over another. He worked our favorite songs into the mix. His voice when MCing was super professional and not radio-DJ-cheesy. He rocked. We didn’t have a single complaint. I think my favorite thing about Ross was that you could tell he truly loves DJ’ing - his passion as skill were apparent. I would not hesitate to choose Ross for whatever event you’re planning. He was awesome!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kaitlin J

Ross was amazing! He did such a great job with matching the type of music to the current vibe of our reception! We would 110% recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Rachel B

Ross Anderson and I both went to Christopher Newport University, although we never crossed paths he treated me like a true captain. He made our day fantastic. He listened to all of our concerns and requests, fulfilling them tenfold. We chose to let Ross play his selection of... Read More music at our reception and that was the best decision we made. Besides our first dances which were predetermined Ross took the reigns and had our guests dancing all night long. He definitely knows what he is doing. I would highly recommend him and his team to make your wedding day a success. Not only as a bride but as a wedding planner.

Reviewed on 5/03/2017 Allison W

Bela Sono made our wedding an unforgettable event! Our guests are still talking about the music and DJ Ross! Ross spent the time to get to know our relationship, our interests, our music preferences, our family and our overall vision. He then worked with us and our wedding... Read More coordinator on planning each of the big moments. He was personable and fun with all of our guests. He created the perfect atmosphere we wanted for each part of wedding, the romantic ceremony, relaxing fun dinner and a true party on the dance floor. Even our toasts and speeches went along seamlessly. Ross knew how to bring all the generations happily together on the dance floor. The music was amazing and not a soul wanted the night to end! If you want a stress free experience, and your family and friends talking for years to come about how your wedding was the best they have ever been to, call Bela Sono immediately.

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Rebecca O

Ross is amazing. We found him at a wedding show and I am so happy I did! He is young, professional, and really knows what he is doing. He worked with my husband and I to make a wedding sound track that was unique to us and made an amazing party. The music was amazing all night.... Read More The dance floor was full all night long, even for the final song everyone was still jumping! He also provided lighting for the wedding and it was beautiful. He started very warm and calm during dinner and then when the music went up the lights did too! He did an awesome light show that really helped set the tone of the party. All my guests told me that my DJ was great and they loved the music and lights! I never had to worry about Ross, I knew he would do what he said he was going to and more. He is so easy to work with and really listens to you to make your day as unique as you are.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Mika M

We were so thrilled with Bela Sono's services at our wedding! I wasn't sure how I was going to know which DJ service to use but when I talked to Ross, it was so obvious how thoughtful he was and I felt like he really listened. We had a very productive sit-down session the week... Read More before the wedding, and he guided us through the night and made sure that we covered every angle. Then, on the actual wedding night, he killed it! He kept the dance floor going strong the whole night. He played every song on our "must-play" list and managed to keep everyone engaged with a good balance of old and new music. Several guests raved to us about how much they liked the DJ! It was really important to me to feel like we danced the night away - and that was exactly what we did. Thanks so much, Ross!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Rimas F

A wedding is the most important day in bride’s and groom’s lives. It needs to be expressed by videography, photography, floral design, custom decorations and all of others extremely important ways. But if your music background is none existent, it will more than likely, ruin it... Read More all! That’s why, You have to make a good investment for a wedding Dj. And RimasFilms can’t recommend Bela Sono Music highly enough! The DJ, Ross, is an amazing guy to work with. He is talented, friendly and full of ideas. With his perfected mix of songs, he can make any wedding party a unique emotional wedding party. Feeling the vibes and creating the right mood. Your wedding party needs Bela Sono Music!

Ross Anderson

Ross Anderson grew up as a musician loving music of all kinds. In middle school he started learning to DJ, and by high school was performing for community events and parties. He developed a passion for DJing weddings in college, and found his calling. Weddings require an attention to detail, as well as the ability to blend multiple families, genres and styles together seamlessly. With more than a decade of specializing in weddings, Ross is proud to act as the Managing Director and DJ for Bela Sono Music. Ross and his team are redefining what it means to be a modern wedding DJ.