Bethany Melvin Photography

South Dakota. Minnesota. Iowa. North Dakota. Nebraska.

It's your love story; brag a little.

I love seeing my clients as friends and capturing a wedding day as such; as I would capture my best friend's wedding. You get this day to show off your love and I'll be there to catch each little moment for you to cherish and share with friends and family for years to come. It’s your love story, brag a little.

Classic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

South Dakota. Minnesota. Iowa. North Dakota. Nebraska. (605) 660-1449

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Emma S

Bethany was an absolute rock star to work with for our wedding and engagement photos! First of all, every single picture we see of ours we are just captivated by. She really captured what a beautiful day it was, and showcases that beauty in her photos. She made us feel very... Read More comfortable in front of the camera. She has a very calming and friendly presence and my husband and I found it very easy to just be ourselves around her! Something else that we really appreciated is that she is extremely timely about getting previews of your photos to you. We were so impressed that we saw previews the same day that the pictures were taken! And we received all of our photos in a very short time. She really delivers and we feel very blessed to work with her for our wedding. Highly, highly recommend.

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Caitlyn T

I can't say enough great things about Bethany! From the first call prior to booking through engagement pictures and delivering our wedding pictures, I couldn't have asked for a better experience! Bethany listened to everything we were looking for and did everything in her power... Read More to make it happen. We took engagement pictures in the rain and they were still beautiful. Our wedding day pictures are gorgeous and I can't pick a favorite because I love them all!! She dealt well with both of our large extended families and never missed a detail! We highly recommend Bethany for anyone hiring a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Natalie F

Bethany was an absolute joy to work with on our wedding day! She helped to make my husband's requests a reality for both our engagement and wedding pictures and she captured images that we will cherish forever!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Kristi S

I truly cannot say enough good things about Bethany. After I got engaged, I immediately contacted Bethany. Asking her to be our wedding photographer was the easiest (and best) decision I made during the entire wedding planning process. She had photographed my brother's wedding a... Read More couple years before, as well as shot an anniversary session, and I knew there was nobody better to capture our day! She was so easy to work with and was always willing to answer any questions I had. We live in Rochester, MN and also had our wedding here. Bethany was great and came to town early both times to look around town and scope out good picture locations. Bethany was so fun to work with; my now husband warned me multiple times before we got our engagement pictures taken that he's not photogenic, but Bethany totally proved him wrong! She made our engagement shoot feel so natural and it was a lot of fun. Fast forward to the wedding and Bethany definitely worked her magic again! She made out entire wedding party feel comfortable and it was a lot of fun. She is creative with all of her poses and pictures. I received so many compliments from family and friends about her work. I will definitely be recommending Bethany to anybody I can!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jenna B

Bethany was amazing and was there for us even before the wedding by helping us make a timeline so everyone knew what was going on. She was flexible and had great ideas the day of. SHE IS AWESOME!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Nicole W

So awesome to work with! She was very open to any picture ideas and also had awesome ideas for photos! Our engagement and wedding pictures turned out fabulous!! I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Kimberly L

Bethany was AMAZING!!! She was so easy to work with, and so accommodating to anything we had requested. We purchased a package of our engagement pictures & wedding day together- and we couldn't be happier of what we got; all of our photos are incredible!!! She captured our day... Read More SO perfectly- when we looked back through our wedding pictures, we felt like we were living our favorite day all over again! THANK YOU, Bethany!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Emily W

Bethany did a fantastic job with our wedding! We got married last year and I still love looking at all of my wedding photos. Not only because the day was PERFECT, but also because the quality of photography and the special moments she was able to capture with her professional... Read More eye. She had such great ideas before and during our wedding day, things I never would have thought of and I'm so glad she did because her ideas turned out to be some of our favorite photos! B. Photography is also very cost-friendly which made choosing B. Photography an easy choice over a year ago. Bethany also did our engagement pictures and I'm so glad she did because it was easier to feel more comfortable with her on the day of our wedding. So if you are looking for someone to capture your Love Story, choose Bethany with B. Photography!

Reviewed on 12/13/2015 Ashley G

Bethany is phenomenal. She knows how to make you feel comfortable in your own skin. Her photo skills are leaps and bounds over the rest. I highly recommend her to anyone in need of a session or just simply wanting to feel glamorous!! From our wedding day, engagement shoot to my... Read More boudoir photos she made me and my husband feel like we were her number one priority. She understood how to make our moments and desires highlighted for years to come through these intimate shoots. Anyone would be lucky to have her illustrate their special moments!

Great photographer!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Cassie C

We used Bethany for our engagement pictures, which were decently priced and turned out beautifully. We also booked her for our wedding day. She came in to our hotel to get some pictures of me and the bridesmaids before we headed to the church. She also went to the church and... Read More took many pictures there. She made sure me and my husband didn't see each other before we walked down the aisle and she also put together a "first look" for me and my dad (which meant ALOT to me). We also had a second photographer with her and that was an additional $350. This way she could ride on our party bus with us to get fun shots while the other photographer got many detailed shots at our cocktail hour/reception before we showed up. So excited to get our pictures from the big day back!

3.28.15

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Andrea H

Betty was a college friend of mine and I always thought she was a creative individual, whether in graphic design, music, art, you name it - she could make it unique and beautiful, which is exactly what she did for us on our wedding day. I was a little nervous about picking out a... Read More wedding photographer because I didn't want to break my budget, but I wanted good, quality pictures with someone I felt comfortable with. Betty was the perfect choice. I am so so glad that I thought of her when I got married a couple of years after college. She was so creative with her ideas, so easy to work with, so charismatic, and so flexible. We made some last minute changes with some pictures that we wanted and she had no problem adjusting. No matter what was thrown her way, she was prepared. Our ring-bearer threw a fit right before pictures and she still managed to make the picture turn out awesome. She made sure everything we wanted was captured in a timely manner, too - she is extremely quick and efficient! She also showed flexibility in the scheduling. We only booked her for 10 hours and when the time came for her to leave, we still hadn't done our first dance so she agreed to stay a bit longer for us. The picture of my husband and I dancing our first dance is one of my favorite pictures so far and I'm so grateful that she put in the extra couple of minutes to capture a few more moments of our day. She made everyone feel so comfortable and fit our style perfectly. I've gotten so many compliments on the pictures so far. I would definitely recommend her if you are looking for an amazing, fun, down-to-earth photographer that will capture everything you want and more. Thanks again Betty!

Best. Photographer.Ever

Reviewed on 3/18/2015

Bethany captured the best day of my life, with the best people in it, in the best way possible. Bethany was so professional and fun; in continue to get compliments on our wedding photos and ask where we got them done and who did them. Even with a DOWNPOUR after the ceremony... Read More Bethany not only got amazing shots but took over as a second personal attendant and kept me calm after I got upset about the rain. Bethany does a great job of capturing the character and personality of the people she is photographing. She is amazing at what she does and will make you feel like you have one of your best friends taking your most precious photos. THANK YOU BETHANY!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Bethany B

I was in a bridal party for a wedding Bethany did last fall and it was one of the most laid-back, fun weddings I have been through regarding photos. I didn't feel like we were standing around forever not doing anything. She was great about keeping us all energized and coming up... Read More with unique ideas on the spot. I saw my friend's photos and she had so many amazing photos to choose from. I hope I get engaged soon so I can book her!!

Bethany Buitenbos

I built my business on 2 principles: grace and a kind heart. Those are the two most important things my grandfather taught me about life. That’s where the Melvin comes in; my love for my grandfather and all he taught me. I am who I am today thanks in a large part to him. I love photography, things that are gold and teal, searching antique shops for knick-knacks, bowls of ice cream that never end, and giraffes. I was born and raised in Marshall, MN and currently reside in Sioux Falls, South Dakota with my husband Christopher and our furry sidekicks Riley & Murphy. You'll see them make special