13425 Blanco Road, San Antonio, TX (210) 492-1952

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Misty M

I was super impressed with the Betty Jane’s Bakeshoppe. The cakes were delicious and all our guests loved it! The cakes were exactly what we had discussed during our tasting and they looked so pretty at our reception.

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Alexandra M

I was extremely disappointed with Betty Jane's. First of all, we booked our cake tasting appointment for 10:00 am on a Saturday -- because that is what worked for our work schedules. When the cake was brought out, it was still very cold. The owner said "oh we don't usually... Read More have appointments so early, it's pretty cold still." Uh, Okay. I booked this appointment almost two weeks in advance, and you couldn't come in a little earlier to let the cake thaw before our appointment? Why even book appointments that early if you are going to deliver a sub par product? Second, the grooms cake discussion. My fiance wanted a Texas Tech cake. Upon telling the owner that he was thinking of the Double T's, the owner then replied "oh my Daughter Amanda hates doing those cakes." Really?? She then proceeded to try to convince us to do a sheet cake with the Texas Tech Double T's drawn on in icing. If that's all I wanted, I could just go to HEB and get a sheet cake. Not to mention the price quoted was crazy to carve two T's into a sheet cake. I was just overall disappointed and not impressed given the good reviews.

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Jedi Olivia K

A mom and daughter homemade cake shop - no box cake here - on Blanco in San Antonio. Easy to schedule a meeting. Plenty of options to choose from. I scheduled one appointment, made my decisions, paid for the cakes, drove home five hours, and never saw them again until my... Read More wedding day. So nice to check that off my list and not have to worry about it being perfect, showing up on time, etc. I MELTED WHEN I TASTED THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING. Delicious and Perfect in every way.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Kate S

BEST. CAKES. EVER. Seriously. They're amazing! I first had Betty Jane's at my sister's birthday party. After falling in love with the most creamy and delicious cake ever, we had them make my birthday cake too! When I got engaged I told my husband the one thing I won't budge on... Read More is having our cakes made at Betty Jane's. My husband is in the military and they were kind enough to do two tastings for us. Once for designing my cake and the second time after my husband got back home from deployment. It meant the world to him to get to be involved in even the smallest part of wedding planning since he had been deployed through most of it. We had TONS of cake. A 3 layer bride's cake, two additional smaller "brides" cakes, tons of mini pies of all kinds of flavors, and my husband's grooms cake. The mini pies left the dessert table before we could even finish dinner! My husband's groom's cake was a replica of our handsome Golden Retriever, Jax. They did an awesome job! Our friends and family couldn't stop obsessing over how cute it was! Betty Jane's is top notch. I will be a customer for life!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Paige P

As a bride who had to plan a Texas wedding from Virginia, I wasn't able to do any tastings or meet anyone in person, so I went off of reviews to make my decision. Choosing Betty Jane's was a GREAT decision!! They made my cake exactly as I asked and not only was it GORGEOUS, it... Read More was delicious!! Not too sweet, just moist enough... if I still lived in San Antonio, I'd have them make cakes for every party. Great choice.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Alyssa G

One of my biggest fears going into this was what if my guests don't like my cake?! Well Betty janes bakeshoppe crushed that fear! We have a 5 tier cake with 3 different flavor and ALL of them tasted like heaven. Everything was fresh and so good! My guests loved the cakes! Thank... Read More you so much for making my day amazing!

Reviewed on 4/13/2017 Hope R

Betty Jane's did our wedding cakes and they came out perfect, just as we imagined. They were both beautiful and delicious. The ladies at the shop were good to give us a box and directions on how to best freeze the top tier for our first anniversary. I would definitely come back... Read More if I need another large, beautiful cake :)

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Patricia L

The flavor of my cake was amazing, and it was a big hit with my guests. However the decoration was definitely not what I expected. We ordered the forest/fairytale cake with a blue background but it did not look like the model they had. It looked like it had been rushed and... Read More instead of many small trees ñ, the cake had a few really big trees drawn on it. Again the flavor was great, but I was disappointed with how it looked.

Reviewed on 3/25/2017 Kristen K

Oh...my...gosh! I just had THE...MOST...AMAZING...CAKE...EVER! Moist, scrumptious, delicious, incredible, beautiful, can't get enough, best cake ever! You can tell they are made from scratch. My mother, brother, and daughter and I cleared a tasting tray clean. Peggy was... Read More wonderful and reminded me of my favorite aunt, and Amanda is an incredible artist. Be warned, the pictures online do NOT do this establishment justice...AT ALL. Go with Betty Jane's - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Samantha G

The cake was delicious and everything that we ever wanted!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Jenny M

Betty Jane's did our wedding & grooms cakes (yes he had two grooms cakes). The cakes turned out exactly like we had wanted them to & they tasted amazing!!! I'm not one that normally likes cake but I loved this cake! They were so moist & delicious that we were getting comments... Read More from friends & family for days about how good the cake was. The frosting was all done in cream cheese buttercream (YUM!!!) & we had vanilla cake with raspberry & custard filling, strawberry cake with strawberry & custard filling, and chocolate cake with raspberry filling. They were all so delicious but I think my favorite was the vanilla cake with raspberry & custard. Amanda was so helpful through the entire process from cake tasting, creating the cakes & making sure they were delivered to our wedding venue on time. We'll definitely be back to order our next birthday cake here!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Tamara S

We had a three tier cake and from the tasting on Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe was superb! Our cake was absolute perfection and tasted amazing! We got many compliments and hope to send more business their way.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Jennifer C

Best cakes ever! We had our wedding cake designed to look like a tree trunk and it did! All of our guests were amazed. The grooms cake had two figures at the top and zombies crawling up the sides, it looked fantastic! And Allen the cake was delicious! We did different flavors on... Read More each layer and guests wanted to try more than one flavor. We didn't have much cake left over at the end of the night. The staff is professional and amazing! I will definitely return for future cakes!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Brittani R

people could not stop complementing our cakes and even my husband who isn't a cake person was in love with our cake and flavors we picked

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michele K

Betty Jane's was able to create a gorgeous wedding cake made of cheesecake for me. It was frosted and decorated exactly like my dream wedding cake, except that inside was a scrumptious cheesecake - my favorite! The groom's cake looked great! It was a golf course in the shape... Read More of Italy for my Italian golfer.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Christina X

We got a two layered cake for our wedding with a 10inch base and 8inch top, enough for 56 people. Peggy was great to work with and gave us a lot of insight when we did our tasting. They're one of the few bakeries down here who make everything from scratch instead of using a... Read More pre-made mixture in a box. The bottom layer was vanilla with a chocolate mousse, chocolate ganache, and chocolate mousse filling. Our top was vanilla with pineapple, piña colada, and pineapple. We had a buttercream frosting and two magnolia flowers which were beautifully done. Our guests were crazy about how great the cake came out and we were really happy with it!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jordan S

Wow! I'm so so happy with how my wedding cake turned out from Betty Janes Bakeshoppe! I provided inspiration photos for what I wanted my cake to look like and they absolutely nailed it! It was a pinterest worthy cake, absolutely beautiful AND to top it all off it was... Read More delicious!!! I got so many compliments from guests on this cake. I will also note they are available to take appointments on Saturday which is great for us working brides. I was blown away and would recommend using them to any friend or bride in search of their cake. I thought the prices were very reasonable, and they offer on site delivery which is great. LOVE THIS PLACE!

Reviewed on 9/07/2016 Jessica V

Our wedding cake from Betty Jane's was a huge success! Everyone was saying how good the cake was! I would definitely recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Aida G

It should be noted that when planning our wedding, my husband and I were most excited for our wedding cake. I personally love cake, so that was huge for me. We drove to San Antonio from our university and shotgunned three wedding cake places to try and decide where to get our... Read More cake. Betty Jane's was our last tasting. First of all, they have SO MANY OPTIONS when it comes to fillings and cakes and icings. Peggy really cares about the cake she's baking and will recommend filling combinations. She also encourages you to eat it all (take her up on it!) and the cake is truly amazing! It is definitely NOT cake mix. What really amazed us was the decorations. Their show room has all kinds of fantastic displays and really show you what they can do. Finally, I had three cakes by them - my bridal shower, which I asked to be done as two books stacked on top of each other with specific designs (it was gorgeous!) and then groom's cake and wedding cake. The wedding cake actually was chocolate buttercream with flowers and marigold icing decoration and it was even better than I pictured. This is truly the best place for your wedding cake! Once you go and taste, you'll know!

Reviewed on 6/04/2016 Terri Lynn J

I almost lost it when I saw our groom's cake!! It was a surprise for my husband & it was in the shape of his 1985 Toyota 4-Runner!! It looked so PERFECT!!!!! He takes it off-roading so it had all the scratches, dents, & even his beer bottles. He was so surprised & he absolutely... Read More loved it!!! It looked exactly like the pictures I gave them, they did an amazing job!! Only problem, nobody wanted to cut into it, so we got to take the whole thing home with us!!! Thank you again for this awesome groom's cake, it was just perfect!!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 Sarah W

Hands down THE BEST buttercream we have ever tasted! Having a delicious cake was important to us, and man did Betty Jane's Bakeshoppe knock it out of the park! We went to meet with them, did a tasting the same day, and paid for a very reasonably priced wedding cake and grooms... Read More cake! I showed Peggy pictures for inspiration and our cake looked exactly like the inspiration! They allowed us to bring our cake topper and fresh flowers to have them placed prior to arrival and delivered on time! Don't try any other cake shops, because this is it!

Reviewed on 5/06/2016 Rebekah K

This is the only cake shop you should consider for your wedding in San Antonio! We went to at least 5 other cake shops in San Antonio and this was the only place that did not use cake mix. NO JOKE! If you don't want to serve your guests gross cake mix, go to Bettyjane's. The... Read More cakes are baked from scratch, delicious, and come with so many filing and icing options. We chose an amazing vanilla cake with lemon and raspberry fillings topped with buttercream icing! The showroom is very impressive. If you want a more customized cake design, they have you covered. We live in Dallas and Peggy had no problem accommodating our limited schedule for a tasting. For the quality of cake we received, I feel the prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Jessica T

Loved the cake Betty Jane's created for us. I found a cake I really liked on Pinterest, and they created it for me. The photographer said it was one of the prettiest cakes he has even seen at a wedding. I agree! The cake was really delicious too. My guests loved it. It had two... Read More layers with two separate flavors: one was chocolate with chocolate ganache and mousse, and vanilla with lemon and raspberry filling. The owners, a mother and daughter, were really nice and easy to work with too. I would use Betty Jane's for cakes in the future!

Delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Nicole R

Our bridal and groom's cake was absolutely delicious! We got lots of compliments and the cakes looked beautiful. Price is affordable and the quality is amazing!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Taylor A

Our wedding cake was beautiful! It was everything I had ever hoped for, and it tasted amazing! I had multiple people come up to me throughout the night and say it was the best cake they had ever tasted! Very happy with my experience and would highly recommend Betty Janes!... Read More Note to Brides: Don't forget to return the cake stand! I completely forgot about it and now trying to scramble to find it at our venue and get it back to them. If you're reading this Betty Janes we're sorry!!