Orlando's Exceptional Catering

As Central Florida’s premier gourmet caterer, Big City Catering can provide a culinary experience like no other. Whether your reception is a more intimate gathering or a lavish affair, our staff and chefs will create a tailor-made menu specifically designed to match the theme of your special day!

Cuisine

American, Eastern European, Greek, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion, Seafood

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

9500 Satellite Blvd suite 210, Orlando, FL (407) 438-3488

Fabulous Caterer!

Reviewed on 4/23/2014 Freda S

It is a full month after my daughter's wedding - and still people are coming up to me and saying how delicious the food was! We had a wonderful experience with Big City Catering. They provided plenty of staff, all of whom were all extremely polite and gracious, and the food... Read More was without a doubt, simply mouthwatering! Thank you, Kristina, for giving us such a wonderful evening of fine dining. You guys are great!

Great Food, Great Service and Great People!!

Reviewed on 3/06/2014 Victoria L

For our wedding we were limited to what caterers we could use by the venue, no matter all were good, but one was great. Big City provides you with a level of service that would make you feel like a celeb or VIP. From Kristina taking the time to answer questions or help us think... Read More of all the questions you can't, to the tasting where Chef Thomas walked us thru the different or courses and dishes we selected to taste (felt like I was a judge on Top Chef), and to the night of the event when hors d'oeuvres were brought to us while we took formals and our personal drink choices were brought to us right after so we could relax. Tracy and her staff made the night run smooth, Kristina made sure what we wanted was what we got, James and his colleague manning the bars made sure the drink kept running, and Chef Thomas made sure the food was memorable to all. If you want a place whose service, quality, and attention to detail far exceeds the price you're paying then Big City is definitely for you. I guarantee months later your family's and friends mouths will start to water every time they think back to your special night.

Big City Delicious and Professional!

Reviewed on 2/21/2014 Angela M

We used Big City Catering for our wedding this past August and they were AMAZING! We had about 75 guests and served the Jack Daniels Chicken and Captain Morgan Beef with roasted veggies, spoon bread and other awesome dishes. We worked with Kristina Mollo who was so... Read More professional, caring and knowledgeable - it really made our experience great! The day of our go-to person was Tracy - who is also amazing! I can't say enough about how delicious the food was and everyone commented on it. They really know how to handle a large professional event and took care of everything - as the bride, I could not have asked for more - I knew it was going to be great the day of and was not worried one bit. The staff took special care of my father who could not walk well and other elderly members of the family who could not go through the buffet line. Kristina was also there with me right before I walked down the isle to help with timing (totally not her responsibility, but since I did not have a day of coordinator - she volunteered :) Love Love Love the chef and all of the staff. Great experience and I would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Nicole C

Big City Catering did an amazing job at our wedding at Cypress Grove Estate House!! Our guest keep raving about how good the food was! We also opted to get extra desserts to go along with our wedding cake and I am so glad we did, everyone loved it! Definitely recommend Big City... Read More Catering for your event!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Marisa R

Wonderful chef and staff. Would highly recommend them.

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Jessica J

Big City Catering was the exclusive caterer for Cypress Grove and we were not disappointed. We had a tasting a few months prior to the wedding date and were able to try many of the options that we had picked out for our Southern Buffet. We were pleased with all of the food... Read More options and also had an open bar. The entire staff were friendly and professional throughout our entire wedding and even packed up some food to-go for us since we didn't have much time to eat during the wedding. We enjoyed this on our patio at the hotel that same night :) I would definitely recommend Big City Catering hands down! :)

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Craig C

The Big City Catering team was a pleasure to work with. Chef was able to adapt to our customary menu. Kristina was there every step of the making sure we were 110% satisfied with our food selections. Aubrey took over near the wedding time, at first I was a bit nervous with the... Read More transition but, it work out fine and Aubrey was a charm to work with. The team at Big City Catering helped make our wedding night a “not so hangry” evening. Everyone one at our wedding including other vendors were raving about how delicious are food was. Everything from the fried sweet plantains and beef patties to the curry shrimp and coconut shrimp was exactly what we tasted and requested of Chef. Fabulous job Chef and Big City Catering for making all of our guest bellies full of scrumptious food, Thank you :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amber V

Great food! Willing to customize the menu for us. Everyone loved the food at the wedding.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016

My wife and I were married April 19th of this year at Cypress Grove Estate House. Thanks to Big City and all of their vendors, everything was flawless. The food is absolutely delicious, the presentation is beautiful and the service was impeccable. They were so sweet and... Read More attentive, even surprising us with two full meals to enjoy after the reception. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect!! xoxo-Jen & Melissa Deegan

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Ashley C

Big City Catering did a great job and I can’t thank them enough for all their hard work! When we first started planning our wedding we had met with another caterer and had our hearts set on using them but when we chose Cypress Grove as our venue plans changed as they are the... Read More only caterers permitted at our venue. We were provided the standard menus to pick from the standard options of each category so I was a little underwhelmed at first. The first thing that really won me over with Big City Catering was when I contacted them directly to discuss menu options. I received a response from Tom Pokorny, the owner of the company. He was really flexible and set up a meeting with me for when I was in town (it was a destination wedding for us from Canada). I couldn’t have been happier we did that, we talked about all the different items that they had prepared in the past, what they are capable of doing and he even shared with us some of his favourites. In the end we walked away with the perfect menu that captured the tastes of both my fiancé and I. On the day of the wedding, the food tasted amazing! People are still talking about the hors d'oeuvres, we went with Bleu & Beef Skewers at Tom’s recommendation and Mac and Cheese bites for myself. The wait staff was quick and friendly. I always hear of weddings where the bridal party gets no food because everything is all gone by the time the pictures are finished. This was definitely not the case with Big City Catering. The wait staff kept coming to the bridal party with full trays of hor d’oeuvres during pictures. Dinner was certainly the cherry on top, everything just kept getting better. I had requested mushroom ravioli with a cream sauce as one of the pasta dishes and it was by far the greatest thing that I have ever tasted! Our guests can’t stop raving about how good the food was. We could not be any happier with Big City Catering and I would definitely recommend them as #1 for food and service!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Hallie P

Kristina and the entire Big City team were the BEST! Food tastings were my fiancé and I's favorite part of wedding planning, and so we went to a lot of them to really shop around, LOL! Our first tasting had everything we requested, even things not on the menu that they were... Read More trying out just for us! We really felt special, and wined and dined, if you will. We were very particular on some of the flavors we wanted and how we wanted the beef cooked and seasoned, ect. And they did perfect! The team was so professional to work with the entire time, from that moment through the big day! On our busy wedding day, they made sure that my groom and I got all the food to try no matter where we were and had food ready for us wherever we were going! So, from the service, to menu to the DELICIOUS taste of the food, everything was exceptionally PERFECT!! I want more! LOL. Thank you so much Big City, I'm soooo glad we went with you guys!

Amazing Service, Delicious Food

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Amanda M

Big City Catering was a preferred vendor at the venue I was having my wedding, and I hemmed and hawwed over speaking with a caterer that didn't provide a price over the phone or in person and requested an in-person meeting. So much so that eventually meeting with them was... Read More something I was doing just to be thorough, and I am so glad that I did. Kristina and her team were very knowledgeable, super nice, and were just as competitive as the rest of the caterers I had been looking into, but they offered so much value for the cost, I really lucked out. Any inane question I had was considered seriously and responded to promptly. I knew I wanted to go with them after making it to one of their sampled catered dinners. We had 150 people at our wedding, and multiple family members commented on the fantastic service they received, particularly from a wonderful server named who I want to say was named Silvana? She doted on seemingly so many women in my family. My bride, my grandmother, it seemed like half of my family had noticed this woman going above and beyond what you'd expect out of an event hosting so many guests, offering to bring food for my grandmother, brought drinks at dinner to my aunt and others, insisting to my bride who had finished her drink that red wine was good for body and brought a glass. I cannot recommend Big City Catering enough.

Delicious food with excellent service

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lauren J

The southern Buffett was perfect for my wedding and I had many compliments from my guest! I also was so excited to hear specific compliments on how excellent the staff was! Everyone from butlers to bar tenders! Absolutely perfect!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Kellie W

Kristina and her team were the best ever! She was a blast to work with and the food is literally amazing! You know how you normally go to weddings and usually can anticipate that something will be horrible, that doesn’t happen with Big City Catering. Everything was perfect, all... Read More of my guests raved about the food. We had a macaroni and cheese bar and mashed potato bar and it was so fun for us and our guests! We also added an ice cream bar for dessert, instead of cake, and all of our guests said it was the best ice-cream ever! We met with Kristina multiple times before our wedding and she really goes above and beyond. My fiancé and I have become best friends with her after all of our communication and coordination of picking the best food ever for our big day. I wouldn’t even look at any other vendors for catering. Big City wins, hands down. Best food, best people, best everything. You won’t be disappointed at all, your expectations will be highly exceeded if you choose Big City. Thanks Kristina and thank you Big City Catering for making my wedding day the best ever. Oh and definitely get the crab cakes!

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Norissa W

I'm so grateful that we chose Big City Catering for our April wedding. Kristina was our sales manager and she was absolutely fantastic every step of the way! She was so understanding and so helpful throughout the planning process. She's also incredibly prompt in answering... Read More emails, which always helped to ease my frantic bride mind! She was wonderful to work with, and our food tasting with her was so much fun! And the best part is, the food was delicious! It's been 2 months and I'm STILL getting compliments about it! Absolute must try items would be their coconut shrimp balls, mac and cheese bites, the pasta (the alfredo sauce was amazing!!) and their catfish! The catfish was to die for! If you're looking for delicious food and fantastic service, look no further than Big City Catering! And thank you to Kristina for making our day so perfect!

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Chelsea D

I held my wedding at Cypress Grove Estate House, a venue where Big City Catering has an exclusive contract. Big City was great to work with, and their food was delicious. The tasting at their office was lots of fun, and some of the "extras" they threw in at the tasting made it... Read More into our final menu. All of my guests praised the food at the wedding, and Big City made sure my spouse and I had a plate ready for us at our table! In particular, the mac & cheese bar was a huge it.

Perfection!

Reviewed on 4/08/2015 Jillian R

Pure perfection! Big City was a dream to work with! They were so willing to consider dietary restrictions and to help with anything they could. Chef Thomas was terrific! The food was incredible, delicious, and our guests are still talking about it!

Yum

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Beth H

All I have to say is WOW!!!! Big City's food is delicious and their bartender kept the top shelf drinks flowing all night. :)

You won't be disappointed

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 katherine l

Big City provided catering services for our recent wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the planning experience or end results. We opted for a multi-course, small-plate tasting menu with southern-influenced dishes. Kristina and Tom did a great job helping us select items... Read More that went well together, and we appreciated their willingness to adapt recipes, plating style, and portion sizes based on our feedback after the tasting. On the day of the wedding, the team was very professional and the food was excellent! We received so many compliments on the presentation and taste of the various dishes, such as beef skewers, chicken and waffles, and shrimp and grits. We'd been a bit nervous about getting through 6 courses in an hour with 80 guests, but the Big City team did an outstanding job. We also used their bar services, and the bar tenders did a great job of keeping up with orders to avoid lines and with mixing our signature cocktails. We highly recommend their services.

DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 9/13/2014

I used Big City for my wedding a couple months back and the food was absolutely phenomenal! Best in Orlando! The service was outstanding and everything was efficient and yummy. There was plenty of food for people to go back for seconds and thirds. They definitely know what they... Read More are doing and how to please their customers and guests! Highly recommend!

AMAZING Food!

Reviewed on 2/05/2014 Danielle L

Kristina at Big City could not have been any better. I knew I was in good hands from the first minute I met her, and she handled our party with grace, poise, humor, ease, and SO MUCH flexibility! The food was amazing (my 88 year old grandmother went back to the buffet for... Read More seconds), and I'm still getting compliments on the food!

Amazing and Perfect

Reviewed on 11/14/2013 Stefanie H

The Best Caters Ever. They were amazing. We had a fraud issue with our venue that in the end got fixed amazingly. But some of the items promised could not be done by the venue because they did not own them. But Big City stepped up and took over where the venue could not. And let... Read More me tell you it was amazing. We had a special entrance for the groom for the ceremony and they were apart of it, and they made it happen. and our guests could not say enough about the food and the service. And most of our friends are in the food and beverage industry, which is a tall order. And they stepped up and exceeded all of my expectations. I didn't have to worry about anything and they made sure my groom and I were taken care of perfectly. :)

Great Service!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Kendall

Big City Catering was fantastic!! They were the best service we had. They kept checking in on us, and wow-ed all the family and guests. The food was phenomenal and the service was outstanding.

Food was Amazing

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Jillian S

We used Big City Catering because that was the vendor that had to be used for our location, Cypress Grove Estate House... And I'm so happy we did!! Their food and service is phenomenal. We have been to plenty of weddings where the food is bland, boring and not good at all.... Read More Big City's food exceeded our expectations and all wedding food we have ever had, it was like going to a restaurant and ordering a delicious meal. They are very attentive of any food allergies of you and your guests. And the chef was so accommodating of any foods we wanted to try prior to the wedding and any changes we wanted to make. Big City is Top notch when it comes to catering food, our guests are still talking about how good it was! We also used their bar services and they also we excellent!

Delicious food and wonderful staff!

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Jennifer M

The food at Big City Catering is absolutely delicious! The Big City stuffed mushrooms are to die for! Highly recommend.