Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

20 Dell St, Somerville, MA (617) 764-0472

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Keara G

We had Big City Wedding Band play at a Christmas Gala in the Seaport. The band was absolutely fabulous. They all had so much energy and got every person up dancing on the floor. They were so talented and entertained a room full of people of all different ages. Every single... Read More person loved them and had so much fun singing and dancing along. Not only was the band great- however they were wonderful and so easy to work with. I didn't have a single complaint or issue about them and will definitely use them again for any occasion. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kelly A

If you are looking for a phenomenal wedding band, here it is! My guests could not have had a better time!! The band really knew the crowd and played songs that have lived throughout many generations - classic song choices that had EVERYBODY up and dancing all night long!! Ken,... Read More the band leader, was very easy to work with. The price is far lower than other bands in the area but believe me, there is NO sacrifice in quality!!!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Erica S

We absolutely loved Big City! From the second we met with Ken and heard the demo tape we knew that they would help create the most fantastic wedding day! The band was truly incredible and our guests could not stop raving about them. They played everything and anything and... Read More there wasn't a song that we didn't like! The only problem was that we didn't get to talk to our guests during the night because we were all on the dance floor enjoying the music too much! But that's a good problem to have, isn't it?! :) We would gladly hire Big City all over again. I can not say enough good things about Ken and the band. Bravo!

Reviewed on 7/20/2015

Ken and The Big City Band absolutely made our wedding! They were a joy to work with from start to finish; prompt, helpful and professional all the way... and that was just in the planning! They rocked our wedding and we've been inundated with praise from our guests about them... Read More since. Total pro's one and all, never enough thanks to you

Reviewed on 6/12/2015 Sarah B

I can't say enough about them...they were fantastic!!! They played the perfect mix of songs and EVERYONE was on the dancefloor once they started the party music. :) It was an amazing night and they had everything to do with that! The music can make or break the evening...with... Read More Big City Band, you won't have to worry about it, it's bound to be a party to remember!!! Thanks so much guys!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Brittany B

WOW is all I can say! We booked big city after they were recommended by another band who was already booked for our wedding date, and what a blessing in disguise! We were originally nervous because we couldn't hear them live before the wedding (they sent us a complementary CD... Read More and skyped with us to answer questions). But...on the big day they absolutely surpassed any expectations. They kept the party going all night and played the perfect mix of music. Our guests can't stop talking about it, and neither can we! Absolutely recommend!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Elizabeth E

Best Wedding Band! Everyone that came to our wedding said that the band was the best band that they had ever heard at a wedding. The male and female lead singers were awesome. They played some jazz during dinner with a trumpet player. Then, they got the party started with... Read More some rock hits. The male lead singer kept the energy going and added some slow songs to change things up. All of our guests were tearing it up on the dance floor the entire night. No one wanted the wedding to end. I would recommend this band to anyone. They were terrific. The whole night went smoothly.

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2015 Danielle D

We hired Big City Band after only listening to their CD and were a little nervous come our wedding day because we had not heard them in person. Did we worry over nothing! They are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I had so much fun at my wedding and danced the entire night! They learned a... Read More specific song for our first dance and we loved every minute of that time together. The two lead singers were fabulous and everyone loved when they came onto the dance floor with the guests. My husband says one of his favorite memories is when they gave me the mic and I sang along! Our wedding was over a year ago, and I still get numerous compliments about how wonderful the band was. I loved them so much, I recommended them to a friend of mine...she used them this past November for her wedding and loved them as much as a I did. Such an amazing band and made my wedding day very memorable!

Rave reviews all around!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Alex P

Big City may have outshone me on my wedding day they were that good :) Ken was really great to work with right from the start, and they really made our wedding night even more fun than I could've hoped for. They played great songs and did an amazing job, everyone was up... Read More dancing all night even though it was hot and humid and we were all drenched in about 10 minutes. I'm not sure if there was a single guest that didn't tell me how good they were or ask me for their name. I didn't get to hear them live before hiring them, and while I thought their CD was really good, to be perfectly honest they were a million times better live. They had great energy, sounded great, and really played to the crowd. Not to mention they were one of the more affordable bands we contacted and yet I can't imagine how the night could've been any better!

received tons of compliments on this band

Reviewed on 6/28/2011 Kimberly F

Received a sample cd from this band and booked them after listening. What initially drew them to us was their song list - lots of classic rock mixed with modern dance songs. Our contact was Ken, who was very nice and responsive to phone calls and emails. He also coordinated... Read More our ceremony music, so it was one stop shopping! (we had a keyboardist and sax for the ceremony) The band is a 7 piece band with male and female vocalists. After the wedding I received so many compliments on "finding such a great band!". Everyone had a great time dancing and they kept the fun going! I would recommend to people with a large venue and for those who don't want soley top 40.