BIG FUN Disc Jockeys

Peninsula, San Jose, San Francisco, East Bay, Montery, Napa

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Bow2010

Cupertino, CA Peninsula, San Jose, San Francisco, East Bay, Montery, Napa (800) 924-4386

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Dee S

Woody was our DJ and he met with us prior to the wedding to make sure we get the music we wanted. He MC'd the entire wedding working with our fantastic wedding planner, Frances of Charmed Events. He was able to help us work with my niece who sang live for us with having her... Read More music timed to my walking down the isle. His team also helped some of my shy guests getting their feet going on the dance floor, and everyone had so much fun! Thank you Woody, Big Fun!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Pauline W

Henry was amazing!!! He did a fantastic job at our Labor Day weekend wedding. I would recommend him to anyone. He was super professional, knowledgable, and always quick to reply. He has many years of experience, which showed in our pre-wedding meeting with him and the other... Read More preparation. (I think he DJ'd his 1000th wedding this summer??) My mind was totally at ease going into the event. He gave a lot of great guidance, considering that I had no prior experience planning a wedding evening timeline! I really appreciated how much thought and care he put into his email replies to my many questions. Henry easily accommodated a somewhat complex setup for two sets of ceremony musicians (1 piano trio for processional/recessional, and a guitar keyboard duet for our Christian worship song and Honoring the Parents song). He also took care of bringing a projector and screen for our slideshow for $200 additional fee. Our guests thought he was very funny and did a great job getting the dance party going. Not only was Henry thorough, detail-oriented, and methodical, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Nice guy! Don't even think twice, just book BIG FUN :-)

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Sam L

DJ Henry is the man! He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We looked around for DJs to help our wedding guests get down and boogie and Big Fun stuck out to us because they didn't require payment until 30 days AFTER the event. They were also SUPER fast in... Read More responding to us with an immediate response after we emailed, they had an open booking schedule, their options were clearly and thoroughly laid out, and they just have a comprehensive vendor-client processing system. We pretty much planned what we wanted with them in 24 hours time. Henry sat down with us about a month before our wedding and asked us about what our music preferences were, the timing of our day's events and what other equipment we required. Our wedding was at the Treasure Island chapel and Admin building so that space required a lot of speakers and a good amount of power to avoid the annoying echoing. The day of, Henry and his team set up the PA system at the 2 separate sites and I could tell he was working hard because he was sweating like a mother. The dead cat he used to filter out the high winds worked perfectly for our outdoor ceremony and none of the guests complained about being able to hear anything. The reception was smooth and ALL the guests enjoyed the music selection and everyone had a great time dancing. Henry has a great, commanding announcing voice and he helped move along the evening's events in a perfectly smooth way. Overall, clearly laid out pricing online, SUPER quick and attentive correspondence, 30 day payment after the wedding and free dancing lights! Dude, book these guys now!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Heyman O

Completely professional, friendly, handled all the details so we didn't have to worry about anything while incorporating our interests and tastes throughout the evening; great music, sounds, and MC

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily H

Working with Henry Kim was a blast. He met with us a month before the wedding to go over playlists. My in-laws wanted to sing for the first dance through YouTube and Henry was so patient with us on his editing. Things were changed last minutes but he went out of his way to... Read More accomodate our need. The day of the wedding was super fun. Our family and friends were on the floor dancing and laughing. We were thankful for Henry to keep the energy up for the late Sunday night. Everything went well and exceed expectation. Thank you BigFunDJ for the amazing experience !! Highly recommended for any big events need. Emily

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Iryna B

Paul was so wonderful to work with! He was very thorough and detailed in helping us set a timeline for the wedding. Paul really made the dancing atmosphere irresistible! We didn't make his job easy by asking him to incorporate Ukrainian, Latin, and American music, but he really... Read More nailed it and the dance floor was full. He also worked with us to combine a couple songs for our first dance and to find the right versions of the songs we wanted to use for the ceremony. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with my experience, and I'd recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Marta W

Big FUN DJ was the best addition to our wedding. Stefano was great and kept the party moving all night long. The inclusion of dance floor lighting was a huge plus for us since our event was outdoors. One of the easiest vendors to work with and has a long list of every song under... Read More the sun. We highly recommend Big FUN DJ!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ted T

We worked with Woody for our wedding and were thrilled with our experience. Woody set up a FaceTime session with us well ahead of the event to learn more about us, our musical tastes and understand the timeline for the event. When the big day came, Woody made sure everyone... Read More doing speeches was aware of the order and queued them up when it was going to be their turn, so everything could go seamlessly For the actual music and dancing, Woody came ready with an amazing light rig and smoke machine to make for an exceptional time on the dance floor. We left the music mix mostly up to him with some guidance on things we definitely did not want played. He adhered to our requests and put together a great playlist that mixed in the old with the new so that all ages at the event could get into it. One other item of note is that the initial conversation with the Big Fun team was great too. They were extremely quick to respond and provided a comprehensive list of information up front. These guys are true professionals and fantastic event DJs.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allison G

Paul from Big Fun was sooo incredibly helpful, very friendly and accomodating ! He reviewed the timeline of the night with us before the wedding, checked in with us and also helped us pick out songs for important aspects of the night. He was easy to get in touch with and did an... Read More amazing job! Our guests danced the night away and many people commented on how great he was. We were very pleased with Big Fun and highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Leah H

I worked with Patrick from Big Fun Disc Jockeys on a wedding in February 2016. As a wedding planner, it is extremely important to be working with vendors that are communicative, flexible, and professional. During the planning process up to the day-of, it was easy to plan with... Read More Patrick. He responded quickly and offered support as well as different suggestions on ways to make things work for the slideshow and video that needed to be played for the wedding. Patrick arrived on time and his setup was smooth and on time. He was clear on all of his responsibilities and completed them with confidence. My assistant and I had a very easy time working with him over the course of the day through cues and making adjustments as needed. He was very communicative throughout the day which made it easy to work with him as a team. When it was his time to kick up the party on the dance floor, the music was amazing! Thank you so much, Patrick & Big Fun Disc Jockeys :) Hope to work with you guys soon!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Charlie R

Paul was our DJ and was incredibly professional from ceremony to reception! So nice to work with a calm and competent professional on a very exciting, yet stressful day. He took the time to get to know us and help us cater the day to our preferences including, but not limited... Read More to, organizing a music trivia segment during the reception, coordinating the ceremony, and most importantly keeping the evening's events flowing without any dead time. I'm so glad we chose BIG FUN!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Adi R

I don't know where to begin this review. Henry (Our DJ, who is also the co-founder of this company) rocked our wedding reception at Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club. Pros: - Henry is very methodical. He meets with you several weeks ahead of your event and gathers all... Read More the information he needs - They have an awesome selection of music - They are knowledgeable about space setup, flow of the night, lights - Easily accommodates last second requests - Flow of the night at my wedding was so smooth ( majority of the people never left the dance floor ) - they don't charge you a single penny until your event is over ( you have 2 months to pay the bill after the event) - their setup includes fog machines, lights , microphones etc. - Henry did a fantastic job in introducing the bridal party Cons: - NONE Not only were we impressed with Henry but also the Country Club. They will be adding BIG FUN to their preferred vendor list.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nikole M

I saw BIG FUN DJ at a friends wedding last year, and when I got engaged shortly after, I immediately sent them an email. I had the pleasure of working with Paul B. His email correspondence was unmatched, and he took the time to meet with us via Skype because we were a bit... Read More further away than most of their clients. The way he edited our favorites songs for our important dances and really took the time to understand what I wanted the wedding to sound like was so thoughtful. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tierney F

These guys were AWESOME! Henry planned, coordinated, and set up all the initial details with such care and attention to detail. And Paul Birchfield, was simply wonderful to work with! He was extremely easy going and very happy to accommodate our requests along the way- making... Read More special request tracks, asking really important questions I never would have remembered, even stepping up big time when we threw last minute changes at him! Super professional and even more kind. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 janet l

BIG FUN DJ were great!! My brother had hired them for his wedding. The owner/manager Paul was always SUPER responsive to my emails and questions and we ended up hiring Mike Calpito for our special day. Immediately when we met Mike, we knew he was the right guy for us. Very easy... Read More to work with, patient and has amazing taste in music (much like my taste). He helped us A LOT build out our wedding reception schedule and provided a lot of great input. My guests had a great time and really enjoyed some of the 90's and 00's throwback goodies I wanted to play that was also right up Mike's alley. BIG FUN was also able to provide a projector and screen to show our wedding slideshow during the reception which a lot of other DJ companies couldn't support. Thank you for making our wedding so fun!! We would highly recommend BIG FUN for your wedding or party and we loved working with Mike Calpito!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jennie C

Paul is AMAZING. Thank you for being so attentive and wonderful at our wedding including all the prep leading up to it. Without Paul, the day wouldn't have flowed as smoothly as it did. He made sure to read the mood and adjust timing based on it. He also offered loads of advice... Read More leading up to the big day, and made sure that everything (not just the music) was so very us. 100% would recommend Paul and BIG FUN DJs!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Nathalie H

I LOVED our DJ. They are so amazing. Woody was our DJ for the night and he did everything perfect. He was so entertaining and complying to the strict rules that ended up being part of our reception place. He planned out the night with us to the T. I couldn't say anything bad... Read More about him. I would recommend the for your wedding if you want a fun dancing night that runs smoothly! Thank you for dealing with our chaos and for making our night special! -Nathalie and Brian

Big Fun Makes Weddings Easy

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Elyse C

Our DJ, we had Paul specifically, was so helpful with the schedule of events, music choices, music editing, and even other questions. He kept us on task which allowed us to have more fun and visit with our guests.

Dance the night away 05//01/15

Reviewed on 5/18/2015 Daniella D

Paul Burchfield and big fun know how to bring the fun. Paul did a great job keeping the timeline, corralling guests and getting them to boogie the night away. I had more than one person say that this was the best wedding they had ever attended and a lot of that is a testament... Read More to Paul. Thank you Paul for making sure our wedding was memorable.

Reviewed on 5/07/2015 Beth F

We hired Big Fun DJ's for our wedding reception and we are so glad we did! Paul was fun and wonderful to work with! He was a perfect Emcee! He was so accommodating to our tastes in music and helped us have our event exactly the way we wanted it! Music was the theme of our... Read More wedding and so it was important to us that we had the special songs we wanted represented - no problem for Paul. Whatever we wanted he made it happen!! He kept in touch with us the perfect amount before the wedding and was available and responsive if we needed to email a quick question. Big Fun DJs came highly recommended to us through a very good friend. We would highly recommend them for any event where you need a DJ.

Stop looking, hire BIG FUN!

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Gina M

Paul Burchfield of BIG FUN Disc Jockeys is the MAN! My husband and I are beyond thrilled with the wonderful experience he provided on our wedding day in Santa Cruz. You might find other DJs at a slightly lesser cost, but DO NOT let that sway you from the perfection that you... Read More will get with Paul. His services are worth every price! Plus, you don't have to pay until after the wedding! Our prep meeting at a coffee shop was thorough and fun. Communication leading up the wedding day was helpful and informative. I'd done a lot of wedding research and Paul taught me so much that I hadn't known! Paul helped me track down songs I had only seen on YouTube. He trimmed longer songs to make them fit for first dances. I was constantly adding and removing songs to our playlist regularly. He sent us a fabulous CD of music to choose for all parts of the ceremony and reception. I couldn't decide on a father/daughter song and he sent me so many options to choose from. On the big day, we were so happy with the results. Our recessional performer backed out at the last minute and Paul was ready with our Plan B song without skipping a beat. At the reception, our guests had a fabulous time dancing all night long. My dad loved Paul so much, he pulled him in for pictures, too! I absolutely recommend Paul Burchfield from BIG FUN. Stop looking elsewhere!

GREAT DJ!

Reviewed on 11/12/2014 Alicia F

Paul Burchfield was our DJ for our wedding at Nestldown in October 2014, and he was wonderful! We had a really nice and detailed meeting with him about a month before the wedding to discuss all the music details (AND THERE ARE LOT!) He was wonderful at keeping us well... Read More informed and gave us ideas for the schedule of the wedding events. Somehow he was able to keep track of my like 20 emails with ideas and was pleasant during the entire planning process. On top of that, he would go out of our way to make the planning process more pleasant. For example, Big Fun gives you a CD of music options for the ceremony, but I don't have a CD drive in my laptops. Paul quickly uploaded the entire CD online so I could continue planning. It was really really helpful! And on the actual wedding day, we heard some of our favorite songs we hadn't requested because he is very good at understanding the overall feel and music genre you're trying to capture at different points throughout the wedding. And he did a great job of blending different styles. He was also instrumental in keeping us on schedule at the wedding, which is super important! We highly recommend Big Fun DJ, and specifically Paul!

Best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Jessie T

This review is for Paul, who was our DJ for our wedding this past Sunday. We LOVED Paul. As a DJ, he definitely knows what he is doing with music and such. What we think sets him apart, was his professionalism and how smart he is! So very impressed!!!!!!!! Our first meeting... Read More outside of a Starbucks - We had a destination wedding so we didn't really know the area well. Paul came to meet us!! we didn't even need to use Google map to find him! Correspondance prior to the wedding - If you are an engineer like us, you would appreciate what he does. He gives you a list of what you talked about, what still needs to be done, and he just takes care of everything. We were so stressed with the details, and he was there every step of the way to help us out. The day of the wedding - I have too many examples of how great he is. He showed up way ahead of time. I mean, real early. He set everything up and was ready to go before everyone else. Our ceremony was not quite what we planned... our family decided to give us a flower girl last minute. Paul gave the kid "flower-girl 101". At the end of the ceremony, our family decided it was a good time to give us gifts instead of letting us walk out. It was a bit awkward, but Paul handled the music beautifully. Throughout the night, he was not just a DJ. He was almost my coordinator! He helped us release tables for the buffet... he chased people down that were supposed to give toasts... He even had to come up with 2 more Persian knife dance songs... (we only gave him one, but the cake dance lasted way longer than that one song....) He's amazing. We LOVED Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Money We Spent

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Jessica

Hiring Big Fun DJ was, hands down, the best money we spent on our wedding. They're based in the south bay, but were more than willing to travel to Marin for our wedding! Paul B. was beyond amazing. Not only did he keep us on schedule and keep the party going strong, but he went... Read More out of his way to check on us multiple times throughout the night, rescuing my groom from a mid-dinner conversation so that he could eat and even tracking down a straw for my drink! Those little details made all the difference in the world. Our dance floor was literally packed from the moment the music started until the moment it stopped, and there were people out there that we NEVER expected to see dancing. My husband's boss had his wife up on his shoulders at one point! Paul read his audience perfectly and our guests had an absolute blast. After leaving our reception, my brother-in-law and his fiance reached out to Henry at Big Fun the very next day to hire Paul for their own wedding, and I have no doubt that with Paul in charge, their reception will be fantastic. Should I ever need another DJ for an event, there is no one else I would even consider.

The Best of the Best!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Rina K

Look no further if you are looking and wanting to hire an awesome DJ for your wedding or any other event. We recently got married (06/14/14) and we hired BFDJ to provide our music. They are worth every penny! As the Bride/Wedding Planner/Coordinator, I looked at a few other... Read More places and eventually found BFDJ here on Yelp and based on their awesome reviews, I knew that I had found the right place. I checked their website and was really impressed. It seemed to me that they really had a lot of experience in the business. I felt confident and knew that I could count on them in helping us have a successful and fun party. Well, I was right! They have an array of experienced disc jockeys to choose from and we ended up with the owner himself, HENRY KIM. Who turned out to be just a wonderful person to work with. He was not only professional in his manner the entire time but he was also prompt to respond when we had questions. We did everything mostly via e-mail and he was very efficient. Their pricing is comparable and you even have the option to pay after your event. He sent us our contract, which was clear and concise. They did not even ask for a down-payment and you can cancel a day before your wedding if I recall correctly. I remember the contract was very lenient. He was very accommodating with our special requests and was just so easy to work with and talk to. A month or so before our wedding we met up with him to talk in further detail. It was a good meeting and it really just solidified the fact that we are hiring the right company. He came prepared to our meeting and even created his own timeline based from the timeline that I had initially sent him. He also sent us a huge list of their music selections in all different genres. I was a little overwhelmed when I saw it but it was a good thing that they had such a huge selection. Not a bad thing at all in my book! On our wedding day, he and his crew showed up earlier as promised to set-up. He was prepared and had everything he needed and was very self-sufficient. He looked polished and professional. We were really impressed with his whole music system, his lighting, etc. Very impressive presentation! And of course when it was time to do his thing he was stellar. He was also very articulate and was all-around experienced. After our ceremony and right before our sit-down dinner reception, I sang a song to my now husband and Henry helped make that happen. We set-up a projector to show our wedding engagement photos slideshow to all of our guests and Henry cued the music for me and did a wonderful job at the introduction as well. The music flowed when it was dancing time and everyone had a grand time. He followed our timeline perfectly up to the cake-cutting announcement. He was great and really kept the party going… We highly recommend Henry and his company for your event…big or small. You will never regret it! He was such a nice, warm guy with a lot of skills. Wishing you continued success, Henry, in this business!