BIG FUN Disc Jockeys

Peninsula, San Jose, San Francisco, East Bay, Montery, Napa

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Bow2010

Cupertino, CA Peninsula, San Jose, San Francisco, East Bay, Montery, Napa (800) 924-4386

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Lacey K

Big Fun was hands down one of our favorite / most professional vendors for our wedding at Kohl Mansion (Burlingame, CA). We worked with Henry and he was absolutely amazing! Here are some highlights on why Henry and Big Fun are awesome: - He was extremely timely and responsive.... Read More He was also mindful of reaching out too often if it was early in planning and gave us necessary space - but super responsive (within matters of minutes sometimes!) when we were getting closer to the wedding day. - Very professional and clearly experienced - We basically ended up building our day-of schedule from Henry's suggestions (from small things like how long should a certain song be, to how long we should wait for people to sit, etc!) and were so glad to have him helping us on our day - Amazing POSITIVE ATTITUDE! During our skype call to discuss nitty gritty details, Henry made us feel as though we were "choosing the best songs!" (we liked that..!) and helped guide us through the entire process And of course, on our wedding day - - Guests LOVED the playlist that Henry put together for us. He also made awesome suggestions like "choosing a slow song for guests" in the beginning, all of which were very helpful. - Also guests loved Henry's emcee'ing voice :) All in all, THANK YOU HENRY for being an amazing help!!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Katherine W

BIG FUN DJ was one of the best parts of our wedding! We had Stefano as our DJ and he kept our wedding dance floor packed all night long and our guests raved about his excellent song selections! We also appreciated Stefano's terrific MC-ing skills and smooth transitions from one... Read More part of our wedding to the next. BIG FUN was easy to work with from the initial interaction, always providing prompt communication and responses through both phone and email. Thank you Stefano and BIG FUN for making our wedding day so special! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Justine K

There's a reason why Big Fun has so many 5 star reviews. They are the most professional, responsive, and reliable people I've ever worked with. We had the honor of having Henry DJ our wedding at Thomas Fogarty Winery in July. Henry is such a pro!!! He is extremely well prepared,... Read More knows everything there is to know about wedding music and the dynamics of a wedding dance floor, and gave incredibly helpful advice and input throughout the process. He edited our dance songs and helped us put together our timeline and figure out dance music. He went above and beyond our expectations with his fast response times, positive attitude, and great stage presence. It's so nice to work with someone whom you know you can trust completely to get the job done right, and we feel very lucky that we chose to work with Big Fun! Cannot recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kate N

BIG FUN (specifically Henry) was by far our favorite vendor to work with for our wedding. I am so glad we were referred to them. Leading up to the wedding, Henry was always extremely responsive and detailed in his emails. Our meeting with him was productive and we were impressed... Read More with how prepared he was. One thing I didn't quite realize before wedding planning was that the DJ would play a huge role in progressing the schedule of events for the day. Henry made sure he knew the exact timeline down to the minute and offered valuable suggestions for how we should time everything. He even wrote down phonetic pronunciation of the names of people he was announcing - I feel like that is a strong indicator of how professional and detail-oriented he is! On the actual wedding day, we couldn't be happier with Henry's performance. Most of my favorite memories of my wedding day happened on the dance floor during the reception, and Henry played a big role in that. He stuck to our preferred list of songs and even had a few surprises for us. I absolutely loved the atmosphere of the lights and fog machine (included in the cost of the service!). I literally struggled to tear myself away from the dance floor! Our guests also looked like they were having a blast, which made me feel so great. I only wished that the party lasted longer. Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about BIG FUN and Henry. Thank you so much for your huge contribution to our wedding day!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Karen S

Paul did an incredible job DJing our wedding. From the music for the ceremony to providing microphones for the speeches and the dancing music at the end of the night - everything was flawless. So many of our guests commented on how great the music was and how much fun they had... Read More dancing. Paul went above and beyond prior to our wedding. He made sure he knew exactly what kinds of songs we wanted to play and he helped edit our first dance, mother/son and father/daughter dance songs to what we wanted. Highly recommend Big FUN DJs!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Michelle S

Stefano with Big Fun DJs took our wedding concept and made a wedding playlist for the evening. We wanted to customize our walk out music and he was able to splice in the CAL fight expertly. He helped us to select our first dance and parent/child dance songs, which was a huge... Read More help! He was a great MC, helped microphone all speakers, and the night dance floor was hopping!!!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Isabelle D

I worked with Stefano Bortolin and everything was perfect! He was extremely prompt and clear with communication in the months leading up to our wedding which was a huge stress relief. He nailed it on the specifics we had requested for the wedding (ceremony songs, reception... Read More entrance, first dance, etc) and he came through on the parts we left up to him (cake, bouquet, garter, etc). Not going to lie... I was a little nervous when he said that he usually handles the music for those parts... but of course, I had nothing to worry about because he completely "got" our style and preferences and delivered :-) Our venue coordinator said she had never seen a dance floor so "poppin" for the whole duration of the wedding reception. I'll credit at least 50% of that to Stefano for the DJing... (the other 50% goes to our crazy friends and family). But Stefano definitely knew how to keep the party going!! Very reasonably priced too.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Jessica S

Big Fun, especially Woody, totally made our wedding day! They were incredibly quick to respond and up front about their pricing and various add-ons, which is so refreshing when you're planning a wedding since everyone else seems to be so coy about revealing their actual prices.... Read More During the planning process, Woody was an absolute life-saver - when we met with him (via Skype because we were planning from LA), he helped us make a very concrete timeline for the entire reception. He also made suggestions for songs and some logistical details that were incredibly helpful, on top of just being super personable and funny! On the day of, he acted as the MC when needed and kept us on schedule throughout the reception, which allowed us to relax and enjoy ourselves knowing that he would direct the guests as needed. He also dealt with a minor power outage right when the dancing started - he had the issue fixed within what seemed like about a minute. And of course, his DJ skills for keeping everyone on the dance floor were amazing! We had a mix of ages and backgrounds, but I saw every single person out on the dance floor at least once during the night, and I totally credit Woody for knowing his crowd that well. All in all, Woody made our reception an absolute blast for us and for our guests - I could not recommend him more highly!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Dee S

Woody was our DJ and he met with us prior to the wedding to make sure we get the music we wanted. He MC'd the entire wedding working with our fantastic wedding planner, Frances of Charmed Events. He was able to help us work with my niece who sang live for us with having her... Read More music timed to my walking down the isle. His team also helped some of my shy guests getting their feet going on the dance floor, and everyone had so much fun! Thank you Woody, Big Fun!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Pauline W

Henry was amazing!!! He did a fantastic job at our Labor Day weekend wedding. I would recommend him to anyone. He was super professional, knowledgable, and always quick to reply. He has many years of experience, which showed in our pre-wedding meeting with him and the other... Read More preparation. (I think he DJ'd his 1000th wedding this summer??) My mind was totally at ease going into the event. He gave a lot of great guidance, considering that I had no prior experience planning a wedding evening timeline! I really appreciated how much thought and care he put into his email replies to my many questions. Henry easily accommodated a somewhat complex setup for two sets of ceremony musicians (1 piano trio for processional/recessional, and a guitar keyboard duet for our Christian worship song and Honoring the Parents song). He also took care of bringing a projector and screen for our slideshow for $200 additional fee. Our guests thought he was very funny and did a great job getting the dance party going. Not only was Henry thorough, detail-oriented, and methodical, he was an absolute pleasure to work with. Nice guy! Don't even think twice, just book BIG FUN :-)

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Sam L

DJ Henry is the man! He was a pleasure to work with from start to finish. We looked around for DJs to help our wedding guests get down and boogie and Big Fun stuck out to us because they didn't require payment until 30 days AFTER the event. They were also SUPER fast in... Read More responding to us with an immediate response after we emailed, they had an open booking schedule, their options were clearly and thoroughly laid out, and they just have a comprehensive vendor-client processing system. We pretty much planned what we wanted with them in 24 hours time. Henry sat down with us about a month before our wedding and asked us about what our music preferences were, the timing of our day's events and what other equipment we required. Our wedding was at the Treasure Island chapel and Admin building so that space required a lot of speakers and a good amount of power to avoid the annoying echoing. The day of, Henry and his team set up the PA system at the 2 separate sites and I could tell he was working hard because he was sweating like a mother. The dead cat he used to filter out the high winds worked perfectly for our outdoor ceremony and none of the guests complained about being able to hear anything. The reception was smooth and ALL the guests enjoyed the music selection and everyone had a great time dancing. Henry has a great, commanding announcing voice and he helped move along the evening's events in a perfectly smooth way. Overall, clearly laid out pricing online, SUPER quick and attentive correspondence, 30 day payment after the wedding and free dancing lights! Dude, book these guys now!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Heyman O

Completely professional, friendly, handled all the details so we didn't have to worry about anything while incorporating our interests and tastes throughout the evening; great music, sounds, and MC

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Emily H

Working with Henry Kim was a blast. He met with us a month before the wedding to go over playlists. My in-laws wanted to sing for the first dance through YouTube and Henry was so patient with us on his editing. Things were changed last minutes but he went out of his way to... Read More accomodate our need. The day of the wedding was super fun. Our family and friends were on the floor dancing and laughing. We were thankful for Henry to keep the energy up for the late Sunday night. Everything went well and exceed expectation. Thank you BigFunDJ for the amazing experience !! Highly recommended for any big events need. Emily

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Iryna B

Paul was so wonderful to work with! He was very thorough and detailed in helping us set a timeline for the wedding. Paul really made the dancing atmosphere irresistible! We didn't make his job easy by asking him to incorporate Ukrainian, Latin, and American music, but he really... Read More nailed it and the dance floor was full. He also worked with us to combine a couple songs for our first dance and to find the right versions of the songs we wanted to use for the ceremony. Overall, I couldn't have been happier with my experience, and I'd recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Marta W

Big FUN DJ was the best addition to our wedding. Stefano was great and kept the party moving all night long. The inclusion of dance floor lighting was a huge plus for us since our event was outdoors. One of the easiest vendors to work with and has a long list of every song under... Read More the sun. We highly recommend Big FUN DJ!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Ted T

We worked with Woody for our wedding and were thrilled with our experience. Woody set up a FaceTime session with us well ahead of the event to learn more about us, our musical tastes and understand the timeline for the event. When the big day came, Woody made sure everyone... Read More doing speeches was aware of the order and queued them up when it was going to be their turn, so everything could go seamlessly For the actual music and dancing, Woody came ready with an amazing light rig and smoke machine to make for an exceptional time on the dance floor. We left the music mix mostly up to him with some guidance on things we definitely did not want played. He adhered to our requests and put together a great playlist that mixed in the old with the new so that all ages at the event could get into it. One other item of note is that the initial conversation with the Big Fun team was great too. They were extremely quick to respond and provided a comprehensive list of information up front. These guys are true professionals and fantastic event DJs.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Allison G

Paul from Big Fun was sooo incredibly helpful, very friendly and accomodating ! He reviewed the timeline of the night with us before the wedding, checked in with us and also helped us pick out songs for important aspects of the night. He was easy to get in touch with and did an... Read More amazing job! Our guests danced the night away and many people commented on how great he was. We were very pleased with Big Fun and highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Leah H

I worked with Patrick from Big Fun Disc Jockeys on a wedding in February 2016. As a wedding planner, it is extremely important to be working with vendors that are communicative, flexible, and professional. During the planning process up to the day-of, it was easy to plan with... Read More Patrick. He responded quickly and offered support as well as different suggestions on ways to make things work for the slideshow and video that needed to be played for the wedding. Patrick arrived on time and his setup was smooth and on time. He was clear on all of his responsibilities and completed them with confidence. My assistant and I had a very easy time working with him over the course of the day through cues and making adjustments as needed. He was very communicative throughout the day which made it easy to work with him as a team. When it was his time to kick up the party on the dance floor, the music was amazing! Thank you so much, Patrick & Big Fun Disc Jockeys :) Hope to work with you guys soon!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Charlie R

Paul was our DJ and was incredibly professional from ceremony to reception! So nice to work with a calm and competent professional on a very exciting, yet stressful day. He took the time to get to know us and help us cater the day to our preferences including, but not limited... Read More to, organizing a music trivia segment during the reception, coordinating the ceremony, and most importantly keeping the evening's events flowing without any dead time. I'm so glad we chose BIG FUN!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Adi R

I don't know where to begin this review. Henry (Our DJ, who is also the co-founder of this company) rocked our wedding reception at Palo Alto Hills Golf and Country Club. Pros: - Henry is very methodical. He meets with you several weeks ahead of your event and gathers all... Read More the information he needs - They have an awesome selection of music - They are knowledgeable about space setup, flow of the night, lights - Easily accommodates last second requests - Flow of the night at my wedding was so smooth ( majority of the people never left the dance floor ) - they don't charge you a single penny until your event is over ( you have 2 months to pay the bill after the event) - their setup includes fog machines, lights , microphones etc. - Henry did a fantastic job in introducing the bridal party Cons: - NONE Not only were we impressed with Henry but also the Country Club. They will be adding BIG FUN to their preferred vendor list.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Nikole M

I saw BIG FUN DJ at a friends wedding last year, and when I got engaged shortly after, I immediately sent them an email. I had the pleasure of working with Paul B. His email correspondence was unmatched, and he took the time to meet with us via Skype because we were a bit... Read More further away than most of their clients. The way he edited our favorites songs for our important dances and really took the time to understand what I wanted the wedding to sound like was so thoughtful. I can't recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tierney F

These guys were AWESOME! Henry planned, coordinated, and set up all the initial details with such care and attention to detail. And Paul Birchfield, was simply wonderful to work with! He was extremely easy going and very happy to accommodate our requests along the way- making... Read More special request tracks, asking really important questions I never would have remembered, even stepping up big time when we threw last minute changes at him! Super professional and even more kind. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/22/2016 janet l

BIG FUN DJ were great!! My brother had hired them for his wedding. The owner/manager Paul was always SUPER responsive to my emails and questions and we ended up hiring Mike Calpito for our special day. Immediately when we met Mike, we knew he was the right guy for us. Very easy... Read More to work with, patient and has amazing taste in music (much like my taste). He helped us A LOT build out our wedding reception schedule and provided a lot of great input. My guests had a great time and really enjoyed some of the 90's and 00's throwback goodies I wanted to play that was also right up Mike's alley. BIG FUN was also able to provide a projector and screen to show our wedding slideshow during the reception which a lot of other DJ companies couldn't support. Thank you for making our wedding so fun!! We would highly recommend BIG FUN for your wedding or party and we loved working with Mike Calpito!!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Jennie C

Paul is AMAZING. Thank you for being so attentive and wonderful at our wedding including all the prep leading up to it. Without Paul, the day wouldn't have flowed as smoothly as it did. He made sure to read the mood and adjust timing based on it. He also offered loads of advice... Read More leading up to the big day, and made sure that everything (not just the music) was so very us. 100% would recommend Paul and BIG FUN DJs!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Nathalie H

I LOVED our DJ. They are so amazing. Woody was our DJ for the night and he did everything perfect. He was so entertaining and complying to the strict rules that ended up being part of our reception place. He planned out the night with us to the T. I couldn't say anything bad... Read More about him. I would recommend the for your wedding if you want a fun dancing night that runs smoothly! Thank you for dealing with our chaos and for making our night special! -Nathalie and Brian