Your Day... Your Way... It's That Simple

Long Islands #1 Wedding DJ Service since 1983! Personalization: Others may claim it ... we provide it! On your wedding day, we promise you won't be surprised. Our reliability, professionalism, superb reputation and exclusive money-back guarantee assures you of that.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09

36 South Mall, Plainview, NY (800) 244-4487

Perfect music selection and utmost professionalism

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Vinessa D

When we were doing our research for the DJ, we had a clear vision of the type of music and vibe we wanted for the wedding. More than any other vendor, Gerry focused on the right questions and didn’t upsell us for a band or any crazy premium packages. Instead, he spoke about the... Read More equipment, the setup, his team, and the music samples. He walked us through different options in order and gave us some homework to consider (that really would apply to any DJ). Not only was it extremely informative to speak with Gerry, but we found he really just wanted us to have a great wedding. Communication with Gerry and Jeff was simple. A few emails back and forth providing some thoughts on music, very responsive requests for shortened versions of our choreographed first dance, and overall check-ups to make sure everything was aligned. We met once at their office and within an hour covered the choice of songs and walked through the ceremony and reception completely. By the end, we sent over a Google sheet with names of songs we wanted to hear and a special column for those “please play” songs. On the day of, the setup was unobtrusive and Jeff worked very well with the Garden City Hotel staff. He DJ’ed the wedding with the right amount of direction and flare, and adjusted to our small requests. We couldn’t get off the dance floor because all the songs had memories. From pure journey experiences, there was also some very tactful strategy with playing the oldies first and transitioning music at different meals. All-in-all, Jeff and his team really made the best suggestions and paid attention to us. I’d highly recommend the up-lighting because it really does help with the dancing cues.

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Ashley L

Our wedding was 3/26/16 and we used Big Hits DJ Entertainment, they delivered the party of a lifetime. The amazing energy in the room was all because of Jeff and John. Jeff was extremely knowledgeable and his passion is something that sets him apart from the competition. My... Read More husbands family is Dominican so it was important that we had a mix of Spanish music as well as Today's Top 40 and all of Jeff's recommendations were a hit. John transitioned from each song effortlessly, making the entire night flow. At the end of the night when our guests were saying good bye they could not say enough good things about the DJ. We also used Big Hits for lighting, the cocktail hour and reception rooms were breathtaking. The lighting too the ambiance to the next level. Jeff also set us up with 3 strings for the ceremony- as if the ceremony wasn't emotional enough, the violins were the perfect touch. Jeff and the team at Big Hits DJ Entertainment helped bring our fairytale to life. I would HIGHLY recommend them.

2016-03-28T22:02:29 Response from the vendor

Hi Ashley & Mixto, It was truly our pleasure to perform at your wedding. The two of you were so easy to work with and you had a really fun and receptive crowd. So glad you were thrilled with us and can't thank you enough... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Catherine S

Big Hits Entertainment did an amazing job at our wedding last November! I didn't even get a chance to speak to the DJ or MC because I was having so much fun dancing the whole night! They really kept the party going and the dance floor was packed the whole night! They also did my... Read More friends's wedding last night and again did an awesome job! Our first meeting with Gerry was the reason why we chose Big Hits. Meeting with the owner of the company gives you a sense of comfort and reassurance. We loved how Gerry took the time to really explain how his company operates and even show us how they mix music. No other company did that nor did we meet with the owner, just a "salesperson." They also really pay attention and execute what YOU want played at your wedding. I very highly recommend Big Hits Entertainment!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Elissa P

Big Hits made our wedding. We had a DJ and a percussion player and the party went all night! We did not give a list of hundreds of songs we wanted them to play, we let the professionals do their job. The DJ played a variety of music that had my parents' friends, my 90 year old... Read More uncle and our younger friends dancing literally all night. Everybody LOVED the percussion player!! He was energetic and engaged the crowd. I was highly entertained by him! My husband and I are very happy with Big Hits and we enjoyed working with Jeff. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/29/2017 Natalie P

Jeff and Wayne at Big Hits Entertainment were exactly the DJs we were looking for. Their experience shined through from the first meeting to the wedding day. They truly listened to what we wanted. We trusted them 100% and they exceeded our expectations in every way. We received... Read More a ton of compliments from guests and friends have already booked them for their wedding. We can’t thank Jeff and Wayne enough for making our wedding a true party!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Lauren R

Jeff and Big Hits DJ did a perfect job with our music for our wedding on 5/20! Everyone (of all ages) was dancing the entire time. The music was exactly what my husband and I wanted, and they kept the night fun and lively! I am still getting compliments from our guests about the... Read More music on our wedding night. We also used their Photo Booth service and all our guests enjoyed it. Big Hits DJ is not a cookie cutter place, they truly enjoy their work and it shows. Jeff was excellent and professional. It was a pleasure working with him. I would recommend Jeff to everyone! Thank you Jeff for being a part of our wedding and helping to make it so special!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Angelika K

Jeff and the Big Hits team are amazing! They helped us with our music selection and played all the songs we wanted. If you end up booking with them i recommend getting the Zap Photos. The photographer took over 500 photos which we got on a CD and USB stick at the end of the... Read More night. She was amazing! All of our guests enjoyed the music and they were very organized and helped us out with the timeline through out the day. Thank you guys!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Christan Z

Big Hits Entertainment made our wedding a major success. Ever since our initial meeting with Jeff, we felt very comfortable working with the company. They didn't try to persuade us into anything we didn't want to do and understood exactly what we wanted. Jeff was always very... Read More responsive to my emails and fulfilled every request that I had (playing special songs during the night, not playing certain songs, etc.) On the day of our wedding, when I was away from the guests, he went through the schedule of the night and was very flexible and accommodating to whatever we needed to make changes to. The dance floor was not empty the entire night! At one point, Jeff wanted to do a quick game to give away our centerpieces, but ended up scratching the idea because our guests were dancing to the dinner music and he didn't want to ruin the momentum of the crowd. Big Hits was so professional, played just the right amount of every genre we requested, and didn't try to steal the show like we have seen other MC and DJ companies do. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Julie W

Thank you Jeff for our providing our music and entertainment for our Long Island wedding! Our guests have been raving about your services. .You know how to get the good vibes going! Highly recommend! Thank you!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Aimee K

I can't wait until my wedding! I was blown away with their art of DJing!!! Not only did they work through prices but also showed my fiancé and I how everything works. It was such a nice treat!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Tori D

Our wedding was Christmas Eve and Big Hits gave us the ultimate holiday party! Not only was Big Hits extremely accommodating, they were true to our vision for music. Jeff was incredibly responsive with any questions we had. We were thrilled to have Big Hits as our entertainment!

2017-01-09T23:03:52 Response from the vendor

Hi T & J, Thank you so much for the great review. It was our pleasure to work with you. Your crowd was great and we had an awesome time. Thanks again, Jeff Big Hits DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 1/03/2017 Sabrina H

We were blown away! And our guests were raving about the music and it showed that our dance floor was filled the whole night!! We gave them a list of our favorite songs and they actually did what we asked of them it was amazing !! We also used the photo booth from them and that... Read More was awesome too!!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 linda t

Wow! Jeff is extremely talented and I would highly recommend him for you your wedding without any reservations People still are raving about how much fun they had and I had a blast! What a party that had everyone on the dance floor celebrating life to its fullest! His... Read More strengths: 1)Jeff through the night engaged the crowd so well...he loves what he does and it shows. 2)He presents in a very classy and articulate way. 3)He is so experienced and professional that he was able to hold the crowd's attention and guide a large crowd through the flow of the night beautifully. 4)He kept us organized and on time coordinating with the reception staff and photographer; flexible but assertive.This allowed us to have time for all the aspects of the wedding that we wanted included such as family dances, toasts, cake cutting, cultural dances. 5)Because he is attuned; he is very aware of what is needed at the moment and adjusting to it. I never really knew how much went into being an excellent DJ and producing an excellent party until I watched Jeff in action! An extra energy shot to add to everything was brought by John the drummer. John was an amazing addition engaging with the crowd wonderfully and even starting a spontaneous conga line where the whole crowd joined in! Very memorable. Jeff met with us several times before the wedding giving us ample time and guidance to prepare. He was very responsive to our choices of music and actually played most of our song requests on the wedding day which is so important! Jeff and his staff made my wedding what it was and I am very, very grateful. Beautiful lifetime memories to hold onto. Linda, Garden City Hotel Wedding 11/27/16

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Stephanie B

Can't speak highly enough of Jeff and the DJ that did our 11/5/16 wedding at The Garden City Hotel!!! Our guests are still raving about the music played which was almost a month ago. Jeff was attentive, organized and professional from start to finish. On Jeff's recommendation,... Read More we also used NYC Cello for the ceremony and cocktail hour which really added a nice touch. I can't thank Jeff enough for an amazing night!! THANK YOU!!! PS- ALL of our guests say the same thing "I didnt really get to talk to anyone because I was too busy dancing the whole night." LOL JOB WELL DONE! Love you guys...you are the best!! best!! Stephanie and James

2016-12-06T20:54:58 Response from the vendor

Hi Stephanie and James, Thank you so much for the great 5-star review and kind words you used regarding me and our services. You were both really fun to work with and me & DJ John had a great time as well. Love in return... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Jannelle B

My husband and I really liked working with the Big Hits team and they did a great job at the wedding. We were impressed how they read the crowd and blended 80's music with contemporary R&B, Hip Hop and top 40's.

2016-11-14T12:33:45 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the great review. We had a lot of fun with you and your crowd.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lauren F

Our wedding was 10/1/16. We were so happy with Big Hits! Jeff was professional and listened to all our requests. He checked with us throughout the night and he even checked with my dad to see if the music was too loud. The DJ played all of the songs we requested. Our guests had... Read More a great time dancing the night away. Jeff was energetic without being over the top. They also showed up early to make sure everything was set up. I would absolutely recommend Jeff and his team. Thank you so much!!

2016-10-25T12:13:29 Response from the vendor

Hi Lauren and Craig, Thank you for the great review. We had a great time at your wedding! Thanks, Jeff

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Kristin A

From the first time my husband and I met with Jeff from big hits we knew we found the right DJ... he sat with us and went over the variety of music that we liked and guided us to make sure we had music everyone would enjoy. The wedding was amazing everyone had a great time.... Read More Thank you so much Big Hits!!

2016-10-24T14:45:10 Response from the vendor

Hi Kristin, Thank you so much for the great review. You were both such a pleasure to work with. JB and I had a great time!! Thanks, Jeff

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Liz K

Jeff and the Big Hits Entertainment team made our October 2nd wedding so amazing. The song selection was amazing and our guests literally danced the entire night!. They were a pleasure to work with, easily reached, and provided us with advice that made the music secletion flow... Read More perfect. We have not stopped receiving compliments on how wonderful Big Hits Entertainment and how much everyone at our wedding (young to old) enjoyed he music.

2016-10-24T15:10:38 Response from the vendor

Hi Elizabeth & Jimmy, Thanks for the wonderful review. What a great fantastic crowd you had. Me and DJ JB were in our glory with a packed dance floor from the first to the very last song! Thanks, Jeff

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Christina S

Very professional group. Jeff the MC was great in helping us plan the song sets and getting the crowd going and our guests loved the DJ.

2016-10-12T21:01:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Alyssa N

Jeff from Big Hits Entertainment and I hit it off from our first meeting a year ago. He was so personable, professional, and knowledgable when it came to music and weddings. I could tell from that start that he was experienced and that I was in great hands. He helped me each... Read More step of the way offering tips, suggestions, and insight. I am so happy I had Big Hits Entertainment DJ my wedding. They played a variety of music that kept that party going. People were on the dancefloor the whole night! I would 100% recommend Jeff and Big Hits to anyone looking for fantastic wedding entertainment!

2016-10-06T14:23:17 Response from the vendor

Hi Alyssa, thank you so much for the great review. You, patrick, your mom, and all you guests were a pleasure to work with. You had such a great crowd. Thanks, Jeff Big Hits DJ Entertainment

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kathleen G

I am SO grateful to have found and worked with Big Hits for my wedding! My husband and I are very picky about music, and we wanted only a certain type of music played at our wedding, and at certain times. We love old music, so we wanted a lot of music from the 1920's and... Read More 1930's. We had a list of music we wanted, and didn't want anything played outside of the list. When we met with Jeff, he put our minds completely at ease. He was professional and friendly, and immediately made us feel reassured that they would fulfill what we wanted. He really helped us put the pieces together as to how the flow of our wedding would be, from the ceremony to the end of the reception. Once I went with Big Hits, I felt completely taken care of. There was not one element I had to worry about with Jeff and Wayne. In true wedding emergency fashion, I discovered last minute we needed a microphone, and they were able to provide one! Everyone kept complimenting the music and the flow of the wedding the entire night. Wayne was awesome, and kept checking in with me during the night, which I really appreciated. Everything went off without a hitch! I recommend Big Hits for any and all weddings! We cannot thank you enough Jeff and Wayne!!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Kristen

My husband and I recently got married at the Larkfield and could not have been happier with our DJ and Photo Booth company, Big Hits Entertainment. Jeff, the MC, and his crew could not have done a better job if they tried. They brought a flow to the party that truly made it a... Read More night to remember. Big Hits Entertainment knew exactly what songs to play and what to say to get people on the dance floor at all times throughout the night. The transition from dining courses to dance party was seamless. It amazed me how one minute everyone was sitting down for dinner and instantly after, there was a full dance floor of people having a blast. Jeff truly ran the show and eased my worries about my guests enjoying themselves early in the night. From the pre-wedding meetings to the actual day, they were a class act. They took information on what we liked and disliked, what music we definitely did not want to hear, what music we definitely wanted played and hit a homerun on everything. I highly recommend the photo booth because it was such a big hit with our guests and we loved looking at all of the pictures on our computer the next day! One of our guests is even looking for a DJ company for her wedding and she said we just made her decision so easy for her! Overall, I could not have been happier with Big Hits Entertainment and hiring them was easily one of the best decisions I made for special day. -The new Mr. & Mrs. Scarpati

Reviewed on 7/28/2016 Donna M

They were so professional and had the dance floor filled all night. I also had a steel drum player during my cocktail hour that was great They are probably the only vendor that I can give a thumbs up to.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Kara S

Big Hits was recommended to us by a wedding photographer. We first met with Jerry and he gave us such a great first impression. You could tell how passionate he is about his company and music. We asked him his opinion on different songs for different parts of the wedding and... Read More he showed us how he could make remixes and transition smoothly between certain songs. You could tell he knew what he was doing and is great at his job. Months passed and we couldn't get in touch with our photographer. I contacted Jerry and Jeff and they made several attempts to contact him for us. We really felt this was above and beyond their responsibility to us. A couple weeks before our wedding we met with Jeff, who had the same work ethic as Jerry. He went through our song lists, gave us different options for each song we could use, and gave us helpful advice. The day of the wedding we had Jeff as our MC. The song choices were perfect for the crowd we had. Almost everyone was dancing which was what we wanted. They also made sure to play all the songs we asked them to at our final meeting. In addition, Jeff gave us a heads up when certain things were about to happen (e.g. cake cutting) so that we could use the bathroom beforehand if needed. If he needed to ask a question, he was very polite and mindful to not interrupt or intrude on what we were doing at the time. The lighting they used was perfect, as well. We couldn't be more thrilled with their professionalism.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Big Hits was an amazing company to work with for our wedding. Very professional, accommodating, and responsive to any questions we had along the way. Jerry helped us coordinate everything including booking a string trio for the ceremony, and drummer and photo booth for... Read More reception. Our guests were amazed by how classy and elegant the string instruments were, they played flawlessly. Jeff was our MC for the night and he did a fantastic job. The crowd did not stop dancing. We got the large photo booth which held 5-10 people and was a must have. All our our guests used it, and it was never empty. You also get a scrap book and USB with all the photos. Would highly recommend this company for any event. Thanks, Peter and Michael 4-29-16