Big Sky Event Hall

Royse City, TX

Gorgeous Ranch Venue in Royse City, TX

ALL AVAILABLE 2017 DATES DISCOUNTED! Big Sky is a 250 acre ranch that's been family-owned for 40+ years. Rustic, elegant, spacious...all describe the new event hall in Royse City, just 25 miles east of Dallas. Big Sky's name originated from the idea of what can be more breathtaking than saying your vows underneath the big Texas sky.

Ballroom, Barn, Waterfront

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

7508 County Road 2584, Royse City, TX (972) 400-8914

Reviewed on 3/28/2018 Tara M

As soon as we came across Big sky we knew we wanted to get married there. Jill and Leslie were so amazing through out the whole process. Our day was perfect thanks to the staff at big sky and their gorgeous venue!

Reviewed on 3/28/2018 Courtney H

I would give this venue way more than 5 stars. Lesli and Jill were fantastic. I didn't have to worry about anything. This venue is super flexible with their set up and if your wedding is on a Saturday, you have the venue all day! My biggest concern with having a March wedding... Read More was weather, but they were super easy to deal with and if we needed to change from outdoor to indoor, they assured me they would make it happen! I highly highly recommend this venue for any wedding.

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Megan S

I absolutely loved having my wedding at Big Sky Event Hall. The venue is beautiful and Leslie and Jill are fabulous and helped me with all of my needs. I wasn't sure how to put my vision together for the big day and they just knew what to do and it came out perfect, better than... Read More I could have imagined.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Scott B

This venue was perfect for our wedding! We fell in love with it as soon as we saw it. The owners and staff were very helpful and the wedding day ran smoothly. It was great!

Reviewed on 3/19/2017 Lane C

Where do I start...From the beginning, I knew this was it for us! The girls are amazing, all of them. (Lesli, Jill) They answered all of my questions by email or text ASAP. They were so helpful from the beginning which makes a bride happy happy! The venue is beyond beautiful.... Read More Ceremony is outside and reception is inside/outside. It had rained the day before my wedding so we had to do "Plan B" for the ceremony. The guests were out of the grass because it was so saturated, but my husband and I were out near the pond with the amazing view for pictures! Lesli was our wedding day coordinator and she was awesome! She made me feel so at ease even though we had to do Plan B! And Plan B was still amazing! Our guests loved everything about the venue. It was a night we will never forget. Also- they have an open vendor policy which is extremely helpful especially if you are on a budget (like we were!) Big Sky, thank you so much for the perfect wedding day.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Christy H

What a beautiful place

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Tiffany L

Beautiful venue, great price, but staff I had the day of were not that great. Cake table was dirty I had to clean myself and staff was nowhere to be found most of the day. Other than that I really liked the venue!

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Amber G

Leslie with Big Sky and her staff were amazing! Any and all of our questions were answered quickly, and everyone was so helpful on our wedding day. The venue itself is beautiful, and was easy to decorate for our wedding. I loved the door frame set up as a cake table, and the... Read More sweet little chandeliers hanging from the trees outside. I would definitely recommend this location to anyone looking for a rustic indoor/0utdoor wedding - our day was perfect!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 VY T

Love this fantastic Big Sky venue.

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Shelby M

This venue is so stunning I barely had to decorate my wedding. The ladies there are sooooo helpful and they made my wedding day go so smoothly. I will always recommend Big Sky to my friends getting married. It's beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Diana H

Definitely the best venue for your money in the area. Its an incredibly cute venue, the ladies that run it offer a lot of things as part of the reservation, instead of charging you for every damn thing. They even have centerpieces you can use, they have a bartender and security... Read More options, and are pretty open to any vendors. They don't charge you to access the property the day before to set up either. The only negative, and this is if you get really nit-picky, is the bathrooms aren't very large. Its like two stalls in each bathroom. Other than that, super cute venue, easy to work with, would definitely recommend!

Beautiful Venue!!!

Reviewed on 12/15/2015 Kristi H

My husband and I loved Big Sky!! They were so accommodating to what we wanted for our wedding. The attitudes and personalities of the owners are so kind and caring! They truly are there for you in order to make your wedding everything that you want. They are so flexible and... Read More have decorations that you can rent, as well as decorations included in the deal. It was affordable and perfect for what we were looking for!! Everything is so down to earth and makes you feel so comfortable. It's beautiful! I would definitely recommend this venue to other brides!

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Erin H

We LOVED Big Sky Event Hall. It fit the two of us perfectly for the kind of wedding vibe we wanted, and the venue has everything you could ever want or need. Plus the place itself is beautiful; we did minimal decorating because it already looked amazing. Having the whole day to... Read More set up was great, and the fact that Jill and Lesli act as day-of coordinators meant that neither of us worried about anything on the big day. Jill managed all the vendors, timing, everything. We’re so glad we chose them, they were perfect for us.

Rustic Venue!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Ashli G

Not only is this venue the perfect location for a rustic setting the coordinators alone are worth it! Lesli and Jill are helpful with ideas for your event plus are super flexible to your needs and will go above and beyond to help with anything that you want to become possible... Read More for your big day! They become your friend during the process and try to take off as much stress as they can during the planning process! The location and venue are perfect for a small or larger event and has all the accommodations you could need without having to go elsewhere!

Rachel and Carlos Pena' Wedding ♡

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Rachel H

My wedding at Big Sky Event Hall could not have gone smoother. Leslie and her team made the day of my wedding so easy on me. Throughout the year of my engagement Leslie kept up with me talking to me all of the time letting me know she was there and had many ideas to help out if... Read More needed. My mother and mother in law would come up there to the venue as often as we could to go visit and look at things and Leslie was totally fine with us doing that :). I had a very large wedding, around 250 people, possibly more trickled in due to my husband's very large family. I had a mini melt down when my daughter (3 yr old, flowergirl) through a temper tantrum and ended up falling asleep right before the ceremony started. Leslie was quick to help me through it and get my mind back on track. All in all I had the most amazingly beautiful wedding. I don't think it could have been better!! Thank you Leslie and the team for letting me celebrate this wonderful part of my life at ya'll's event hall IT WAS A BLAST!!!

absolutely breathtaking venue!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Katelyn K

This venue is perfect for a Texas chic wedding. We luckily got a beautiful, sunny day so we were able to have tables and chairs outside and roll up all the garage windows. We put cocktail tables near the lake and had the dance floor outside. Not only are Jill and Leslie... Read More completely professional and organized, they are fun and excited for my wedding. They are sure to have every detail in place for the big day. Also, they allow you to have the FULL day (starting at 9am) so set up is not stressful and you can sip champagne and get ready with the girls in the bridal suite! Finally, they allow you to choose any caterer and roll in your own alcohol so you save a lot of money this way! My guests and family are still talking about how breathtaking my wedding reception was. The photos turned out perfect and it was a flawless, once in a lifetime experience. I highly recommend this venue … you will not be disappointed! I also recommend using Soulman's BBQ for catering!!

Excellent venue

Reviewed on 1/18/2015

My daughter and her fiancé chose Big Sky for their Fall wedding and we could not have been more satisfied with Lesli and Jill in coordinating the use of the venue. Parking is convenient, the setting for the ceremony is beautiful, the dressing rooms are spacious and... Read More well-designed. We had 300 guests and the table set-up indoors and on the patio provided plenty of room. With the dance floor outside, the inside area provided a great atmosphere for conversation throughout the night while enjoying watching the first dance. A commercial kitchen with a walk-in refrigerator provided great space to prepare before moving food to the long serving bar. There are great options for decorating and many sites for photography before the ceremony. Lesli was great help in offering advice and pitching in to make sure everything looked great. She is very flexible and easy to work with before, during and after the wedding.

couldn't have been happier

Reviewed on 11/04/2014 maggie l

Big Sky was absolutely perfect. They were accommodating and helpful every step of the way. The value was fantastic.We appreciated being able to bring in our own vendors and not being charged extra for having a large head count. We were able to pull off a large inexpensive... Read More wedding with their help. Being able to have a beautiful place for pictures, ceremony and reception all in one place was awesome. All of my guests loved the venue and the scenic backdrop was beautiful. Leslie was a fantastic event coordinator and understood my style and did a great job taking care of me. She had great ideas for where to put things and decorate. She had back up plans for back of plans that made me have no fear if the weather took a turn or anything didn't go as planned. She worked well with our families and vendors.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Kerri F

My husband and I knew Big Sky Event Hall was the place for us from the moment we saw it! The pond and surrounding atmosphere is so relaxing and made us feel right at home. We could not have asked for a more beautiful venue. Lesli was our wedding coordinator and she was beyond... Read More amazing. We are so grateful for the staff at Big Sky and all they did to make our wedding day so special! We highly recommend Big Sky to anyone planning a special occasion!

Exceptional Staff

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Everything was perfect for my wedding, Big Sky's staff worked so hard to make my big day memorable! I loved the venue, from arrival on wedding day to departure....everything was wonderful! Staff was exceptional and value of service was superb!

Big Sky

Reviewed on 9/24/2014

We had a fabulous wedding thanks to everyone at Big Sky. From the planning to the wedding and cleaning up after the reception. they were first-class all the way. I would use Big Sky again for a future special occasion.

From a guy...

Reviewed on 9/22/2014

I didn't really mind where we got married but my bride picked the place and we really liked it. The pond was a big hit with everyone, especially the guys waiting around for the girls, and the room we got ready in was pretty cool too. Once it got dark, the lights in the trees and... Read More everywhere else were awesome. It was truly a beautiful place.

Amazing Venue!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Reagan O

I believe I was just the second bride at Big Sky, but it felt like Lesli, Jill and the crew had been doing weddings for ever! We felt right at home and everything (as far as I knew) went off without any problems! We loved, loved, LOVED our venue and HIGHLY recommend Big Sky to... Read More anyone!

Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

My wedding was absolutely AmAzINNNGGG at Big Sky Event Hall!!! It was quickly planned with just a few months to go and everything turned out perfect! Leslie and Jill were so helpful and always just a phone call away! They helped me with anything I could ask for!!! The florist... Read More was the best. I loved my flowers such beautiful colors!! It was a wonderful night really a dream come true!!! Love, Love, Love them and Big Sky Event Hall!!!

I am in LOVE with my venue!!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Megan M

I absolutely loved Big Sky Event Hall. Both Leslie and Jill were extremely helpful throughout the entire process. They did a great job of making themselves available anytime I had questions or concerns. They were very flexible with the time that we used the venue; they let me... Read More come decorate on Wednesday for my event on Saturday because Friday wasn't booked. That helped to relieve a LOT of stress that would have been ensued on the day of my wedding had I not been able to decorate early. They were also wonderful with welcoming the vendors on the day of the wedding and helping them to set up where they needed to go. They also let me have my rehearsal at the venue the night before (Friday - again, since it wasn't booked). The Venue itself is AMAZINGLY gorgeous. It is very secluded with the perfect scenery for any type of wedding. The pond behind the ceremony was gorgeous and the acres upon acres of untouched "country" was a perfect backdrop for pictures. Even though the ceremony was outside in JULY, and half of the guests were seated outside at the reception, the air conditioning billowing out from the indoors made it very nice. Most of my guests migrated to the outside patios. The lights are just perfect outside. They also have TONS of BEAUTIFUL decor that they let you use including chandeliers in the trees outside (or anywhere you want them, probably. I had mine in the trees). They have wood centerpieces, professionally arranged silk flowers in birch boxes and mercury glass vases. The chairs are very nice, sturdy wooden chairs (that DON'T fold). They have white linens with a gorgeous champagne satin overlay that goes perfectly with the venue. They offered us the use of a margarita machine and a soft-serve ice cream with all of the containers to put the topping in, and that was a hit! There's plenty of room for all your vendors! We had a photobooth set up inside with the DJ outside near the dance floor. The bridal sweet is ADORABLE and is a perfect background for all of the "getting ready" pictures. The Grooms suite is very clean and masculine, and they have CABLE, so they can watch football while the girls get pretty. Obviously I could go on and on. I am in love with my venue. I have lots of friends and acquaintances that have recently gotten married, and I have loved my venue the most and have paid less than all of them! It's amazing. I love Big Sky Event Hall!