Bittersweet Confections - Artistry and Perfection

One-of-a-kind, artfully crafted, and melt-in-your mouth delicious! Our cakes are baked to perfection, moist and flavorful. Respectful of your visions, Bittersweet will work with you to execute your ideas for a flawless, "tasteful", and memorable day. Grooms cakes, dessert displays, and NOLA favors!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

725 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 523-2626

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Cheryl and team at Bittersweet Confections are by far the best at what they do! We had a destination wedding in Nola and worked very closely with Cheryl via email. Not only was she meticulous about all the details of the wedding but her attention to detail on everything she... Read More makes was top-notch. She presented the most beautiful almond flavored naked wedding cake, custom made chocolate mousse grooms cake made as a trophy fish mounted, and incredible bites for the dessert bar. We had mini eclairs, mini key lime tarts with burnt sugar, mini fruit cheesecake in jars with sundae spoons, various truffles, peanut butter bars (that disappeared immediately). Cheryl staged the cakes and desserts, at the reception venue, In a way that was unique and delectable and looked like it was right out of a food magazine. We had several "foodies" and restaurateurs at the reception and they told me everything was the best they have tasted. Bravo Cheryl and team!!!

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Lauren

I can't express how amazing Bittersweet was. The cakes were delicious (which I never doubted). Cheryl is as sweet as can be. She and her team took my idea for an Xbox groomscake and ran with it! Adding an eye of the tiger (LSU) on top and a controller on the side. It was... Read More perfect! I had servers from the reception venue see us later at a restaurant stop us to tell us how awesome it was. And it was not made of gross fondant.. The icing tasted marshmallow-like and delicious! My husband chose red velvet cake, and it was delicious. The wedding cake was beautiful.. Again, I didn't want fondant. We chose a rose design, and it came out perfect. For how delicious and beautiful everything came out, the price is definitely reasonable!! I go in to Bittwersweet on a normal basis for cupcakes and will continue. We went the non-traditional route and will be purchasing a fresh cake "topper" for our one year anniversary.. I can't wait!!

Wow.....Just WOW!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Kristi H

The only "problem" we had with Bittersweets? All of our out of town guests are insisting that they may never be able to eat any other cake again because they had experienced the BEST! Incredibly reliable, artistic, and so easy to work with....the folks at Bittersweets FAR... Read More exceeded our expectations. New Orleans is known for its incredible food and bakeries....Bittersweets came recommended by others, so we visited them first. We tried their basic "wedding cake" cupcake....and our eyes lit up! We knew cakes weren't going to get better than this. There was no reason to go anywhere else. On a sad note, 4 months before our wedding, my 22 year old daughter suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. We had considered putting off the wedding but decided that my daughter would want us to push on. I hadn't made any final decisions on our cake, outside of the flavor and how many people it should serve. As I am sure many can imagine, I was in no shape to do any more wedding planning. I contacted Bittersweets and told them what had happened: I then just asked them to "make it happen." I had no idea what my cake would look like....but I love surprises! When I walked into my reception, I gasped...it was perfect....beyond anything I could have ever wished for. I smiled and cried (smiling had been an infrequent occurrence for me in the previous months) And the taste...the freshness...we had NONE left after our guests got a hold of it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! All of you wonderful folks at Bittersweets for helping to make my wedding carefree and DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Lyndsay M

Cheryl and Ben at Bittersweet Confections were a delight to deal with! I had a wedding cake topper and cupcakes for our wedding on 04.12.2017 and they were absolutely delicious! The ingredients are top notch and I have to admit my husband and I (without any guilt!) ate the rest... Read More of the cupcakes on our road trip back to San Diego. They were so accommodating, and helpful, especially with it being a destination wedding. I am still craving the lemon cupcake and the almond cake, may need to make a trip back to NOLA to indulge. Great company to work with, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Cheyenne M

The cake was the best thing I have ever had in terms of desserts. The staff was amazingly easy to work with and set-up on the day of the wedding was seamless. Even if you end up not getting your cake there, buy some of their treats because they are the best bakers in New... Read More Orleans, no doubt about it!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Kristin B

The wedding cake was so moist and so beautiful. The grooms cake was a traditional New Orleans doberge chocolate cake. It was wonderful and the customer service was first class!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Maggie W

Thank you Bittersweet for making an amazing wedding cake! Cheryl is so sweet and great to work with. Their cake is incredibly spongy and moist. The buttercream icing is wonderful, creamy and not too sweet. One of the reception cake cutters told me that he's been doing this... Read More for 3 years and our cake was the best he's tasted. I had friends say they don't like wedding cake, but thought ours was delicious. EVERYONE wanted to know where the cake was from. You won't go wrong with Bittersweet!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Thuy T

Wow! What a phenomenal job. My 5 tiered wedding cake was a showstopper. The groom's Popeyes cake also had a crowd of it's own. Not only did these cakes looked amazing, they tasted even better. Absolutely fabulous job by Cheryl and her team!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Marisa C

Cheryl and Bittersweet Confections was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding cake and grooms cake was designed exactly how we wanted it. The almond flavor of the cake was amazing. The cake was so moist and the buttercream icing is to die for. My husband and I recently had our 1... Read More year anniversary and our cake top was just as delicious as we remembered on our wedding day. I would recommend Bittersweet Confections to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah D

A big thank you to Ben and team at Bittersweet! We ordered both macaroons and petit fours for our destination wedding. Both were absolutely delicious; our guests particularly raved about the petit fours sooo good!! Since we coordinated the wedding from out of town, Ben made... Read More communication via email easy and quick, with pictures and invoices available to pay online. Pick up the day of was also easy and desserts were ready on time. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jessica P

Cake was bomb! Cheryl helped us plan for the perfect amount of cake. It was also beautiful and tasted delicious. Great company to work with.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Emma P

Cheryl is just the best. So kind and easy to work with, and willing to make whatever is on your mind! Our guests could not stop telling me how great our dark chocolate wedding cake was! Easiest decision ever.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Joni J

AMAZING!! The wedding cake and the Groom's Cake (German Chocolate) was incredible. To this day, the guest are raving about the cakes and some guest were very happy to report that they had more than one piece! Cheryl was a total joy to work with, making our wedding day very... Read More special! Thanks Bittersweet Confections! It was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Bailee H

Only got one bite (the one my husband fed me) of this cake at the reception, but boy was I glad to see that our planner had brought extra to the room! It was delicious and I received SO many compliments! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Elise S

The wedding cake, adorned with magnolias made of icing, occupied a large round table to itself and needed no other decorations to be a spectacular centerpiece. It was delicious, as well - carrot cake with cream cheese icing, just we requested. Cheryl was friendly and easy to... Read More work with - reassuring when organizing from afar as we were. We can't wait to thaw out the top and eat it again (next year)!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Catherine N

Bittersweet Confection made an beautiful and delicious cake for my wedding that was even more inspired than the photo I had provided. Everyone loved it. Cheryl is an remarkably brilliant and meticulous baker. When we met her at the tasting, she was also easy to communicate with,... Read More down to earth, and so sweet. The whole process was stress free and the cake was delivered on time with no issues. I appreciate Cheryl so much for helping to make our big day amazing!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Lindsey Z

We ordered a Croquembouche as an alternative to having a wedding cake. We chose a vanilla cream puff version with white pastry flowers to accent the tower. It was absolutely beautiful and it was delicious! It was so pretty, our guests at first didn't even want to touch it. But... Read More once they did, they couldn't stop talking about it! Very glad we chose a Croquembouche over traditional wedding cake and very happy that we chose Bittersweet Confections to make it.

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Kristin T

I could not have asked for a better experience. From the tasting to the cake delivery, Cheryl made everything perfectly seamless. She designed the cake with little direction from me and it looked beautiful! I appreciated her kindness and professionalism and would recommend her... Read More to anybody. Our fleur-de-lis red velvet cake was an amazing compliment to our elegant southern wedding.

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Jacqueline B

Thank you Cheryl for the delicious wedding cake and Groomsmen cake for our March 19 wedding. The baseball mitt was a huge hit. The cakes were both soo good. We loved how quick you understood what I wanted and delivered. Can't wait to come back to NOLA to see you and visit your... Read More shop. Jackie

Reviewed on 3/24/2016 Lauren G

Best bakery ever! My husband & I had a destination wedding in NOLA last June and we had Bittersweet Confections make our wedding cake and cookies. The cake and cookies were AMAZING! Everyone raved about how delicious it all was and how beautiful everything came out. Everyone at... Read More Bittersweet Confections were so easy to work with and accommodating especially with us being from California and planning our wedding to be in NOLA! We would recommend them for any occasion!

Reviewed on 3/10/2016 Gabrielle G

Our Bittersweet wedding cake was the best wedding cake I've ever had... totally biased, but it really was delicious! We didn't want to run the risk of freezing the top for the next year and having it taste any less awesome than the first time we tasted it, so we ate it for... Read More breakfast for 3 days after the wedding... We'll have to get another one made for the anniversary. :) It was an almond flavored cake with vanilla buttercream frosting. Gorgeous, delicious, and dense. We had about 155 guests and needed four tiers. All that was left was the top tier for the bride and groom. The groom's cake was a giant carrot cake. It was perfectly executed. Go to the Bittersweet bakery or to the little shop they have at St. Roch Market and just try a few things out. The quality is top notch.

Reviewed on 3/01/2016

Cheryl at Bittersweet confections went above and beyond. We are simply THRILLED with how the cake turned out!!! It was absolutely delicious and beautiful. Cheryl took the time to listen to what we were interested in, she was patient with us too! She explained to us the process... Read More so we knew exactly how the various decorations were created and why some of them made the cake cost what it did. Having been quoted 5 times as much at our original venue, we were happy to save several thousand dollars with her as our baker. The cake tasted AMAZING too! Each layer had both vanilla and chocolate layers which satisfied everyone's palates. We will definitely go back to her for all of our baking needs!!

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Cody M

Absolutely the best cake I have ever had!!! I used to work for a catering company and I did nothing but cater weddings for the entire year I was planning my wedding, oddly enough. We, as the caterers, cut the cakes at the weddings. I was surprised more times than most on how... Read More firm most of the cakes were while cutting them on the wedding night. The one time where we observed how fresh the cake was it was from Bittersweet Confections. Naturally, I made a tasting appointment the next day! To die for!!! I did a 5 tier "naked" cake and it was everything I wanted!! Cheryl was so amazing to work with and even took care of my grandparents cake topper which is a huge family keepsake!! Thanks to everyone at Bittersweet!!!

Beautiful Cake!

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Courtney N

Cheryl at Bittersweet Confections did an absolutely amazing job with my cake! It was a four tier with ruffles and silver coloring and looked exactly how I wanted it to. She was a little difficult to get in touch with but that can be understood given the busy time of year that I... Read More asked my cake to be made! She even allowed me to bring in decorations on the day of my wedding to put on the cake! And the cake tastes amazinggg! My husband and I wound up eating the top layer instead of freezing it because we just couldn't get enough! :)

Reviewed on 12/28/2015 Cara C

Cheryl Scriptor and her Bittersweet team don't need any more 5 star reviews as you can see... Regardless, I want to write about what an incredible experience I had with Cheryl and her team. Cheryl, first of all, is literally one of the nicest people you will ever meet. She gave... Read More me venue ideas and seriously can do ANYTHING with a cake and desserts and it will be amazing! She made us a small cake and we added several truffles and small pastries from her bakery to our dessert table. She set up our dessert table and it looked beautiful! And, EVERYTHING was delicious! I know that a lot of people can make cake but there are not a lot of people like Cheryl! Thank you Cheryl for all your help! -Cara

Bittersweet Confections