Bittersweet Confections - Artistry and Perfection

One-of-a-kind, artfully crafted, and melt-in-your mouth delicious! Our cakes are baked to perfection, moist and flavorful. Respectful of your visions, Bittersweet will work with you to execute your ideas for a flawless, "tasteful", and memorable day. Grooms cakes, dessert displays, and NOLA favors!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

725 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 523-2626

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Cheryl and team at Bittersweet Confections are by far the best at what they do! We had a destination wedding in Nola and worked very closely with Cheryl via email. Not only was she meticulous about all the details of the wedding but her attention to detail on everything she... Read More makes was top-notch. She presented the most beautiful almond flavored naked wedding cake, custom made chocolate mousse grooms cake made as a trophy fish mounted, and incredible bites for the dessert bar. We had mini eclairs, mini key lime tarts with burnt sugar, mini fruit cheesecake in jars with sundae spoons, various truffles, peanut butter bars (that disappeared immediately). Cheryl staged the cakes and desserts, at the reception venue, In a way that was unique and delectable and looked like it was right out of a food magazine. We had several "foodies" and restaurateurs at the reception and they told me everything was the best they have tasted. Bravo Cheryl and team!!!

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Lauren

I can't express how amazing Bittersweet was. The cakes were delicious (which I never doubted). Cheryl is as sweet as can be. She and her team took my idea for an Xbox groomscake and ran with it! Adding an eye of the tiger (LSU) on top and a controller on the side. It was... Read More perfect! I had servers from the reception venue see us later at a restaurant stop us to tell us how awesome it was. And it was not made of gross fondant.. The icing tasted marshmallow-like and delicious! My husband chose red velvet cake, and it was delicious. The wedding cake was beautiful.. Again, I didn't want fondant. We chose a rose design, and it came out perfect. For how delicious and beautiful everything came out, the price is definitely reasonable!! I go in to Bittwersweet on a normal basis for cupcakes and will continue. We went the non-traditional route and will be purchasing a fresh cake "topper" for our one year anniversary.. I can't wait!!

Wow.....Just WOW!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Kristi H

The only "problem" we had with Bittersweets? All of our out of town guests are insisting that they may never be able to eat any other cake again because they had experienced the BEST! Incredibly reliable, artistic, and so easy to work with....the folks at Bittersweets FAR... Read More exceeded our expectations. New Orleans is known for its incredible food and bakeries....Bittersweets came recommended by others, so we visited them first. We tried their basic "wedding cake" cupcake....and our eyes lit up! We knew cakes weren't going to get better than this. There was no reason to go anywhere else. On a sad note, 4 months before our wedding, my 22 year old daughter suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. We had considered putting off the wedding but decided that my daughter would want us to push on. I hadn't made any final decisions on our cake, outside of the flavor and how many people it should serve. As I am sure many can imagine, I was in no shape to do any more wedding planning. I contacted Bittersweets and told them what had happened: I then just asked them to "make it happen." I had no idea what my cake would look like....but I love surprises! When I walked into my reception, I gasped...it was perfect....beyond anything I could have ever wished for. I smiled and cried (smiling had been an infrequent occurrence for me in the previous months) And the taste...the freshness...we had NONE left after our guests got a hold of it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! All of you wonderful folks at Bittersweets for helping to make my wedding carefree and DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 4/21/2018 Heather S

Bittersweet Confections made us the perfect wedding cake! We went for a tasting several weeks before the big day. Everything was delicious but Ben was helpful in narrowing it down and in the end we chose to have different cake in different layers. It worked out perfectly.... Read More Everybody loved the cake and we only had the top left after the reception. We're looking forward to devouring it in a year! Bittersweet delivered and set up the cake at the venue for us. It was great not to have to worry about picking it up. Bittersweet Confections.. Highly recommended, great folks! Thanks!

Reviewed on 3/29/2018 Jennifer B

Ben and Cheryl were amazing! we planned our wedding in 5 months, from across the country and needed to trust our vendors implicitly since we weren't meeting them in person before booking. people: there is a reason they have 5 stars!!! Ben spent time with me on the phone,... Read More developing a good relationship. In the end, we chose almond cake with almond buttercream. They matched a photo I sent over beautifully (sugar cookies looked like silk flowers!!) and the taste... DELICIOUS! we had another two days in town after the wedding and ate a slice a day to get our fill of that flavor!!! Bittersweet Confections is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 3/24/2018 Rian G

AMAZING!!! The best looking and tasting wedding we have ever had. She worked with us to make sure everything was exactly what we envisioned. The end result was perfection. all of our guest raved about the cakes.

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 Erin R

We knew we had chosen wisely when we met Cheryl for our tasting. She takes great pride in her work and her cakes tasted amazing!!! My partner and I were married at the Chicory on 2-24-18. Cheryl executed the cake design perfectly! Our guests have been raving about how beautiful... Read More and delicious the cake was. We have never had wedding cake so fresh and we couldn't be happier that we used Bittersweet Confections.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 Kristen L

We got married in November, 2017. A year prior to that, I relied on these reviews to help me make my decision on our destination wedding. After reading the great reviews, I decided to go with Bittersweet. Y’all, Cheryl is just so easy to work with. We walked in while visiting... Read More New Orleans, and they did an impromptu cake tasting on the spot. They take care of everything. We wanted flowers on the cake. We told Cheryl the florist, and they did everything from there. In lieu of a grooms cake, we elected to do tres leches mini cups. The guests loved them! Cake was delicious. Save yourself the worry and book them!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Stacey M

This cake was beyond expectations. I had to plan out of state so never tasted the cake in person, I sent a picture of the cake I liked. Not only did they deliver a beautiful cake, it exceeded all my expectations and turned out better than the picture I had sent! On top of that,... Read More the cake was DELICIOUS!!!!! Would highly recommend them

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Whitnee N

We got 2 cakes and pralines for our guests from Bittersweet and everything was delicious! Also, they are so easy to work with! I can't say enough good things! Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Carrie-Anne M

First of all when my fiance and I went for our cake tasting here I (half) jokingly referred to it as the best day of my life. He took pictures. Pure joy. I love cake. Choosing a wedding cake was the one aspect of wedding planning that I actually really looked forward to and... Read More enjoyed and I have zero stress associated with. After going to bittersweet confections our cake tasting adventure was cut short because we cancelled all of our other tastings. There was no need to even try anywhere else. These cakes and this group of individuals are INCREDIBLE. You can actually feel their passion and excitement for baking. We worked with Cheryl who could not have been more helpful and pleasant and every single person who answered an email or phone call if Cheryl was not available was just as pleasant and helpful. They gracefully navigated my forgetful bride brain and my changes of heart on the order i.e. king cake/no king cake, cake pulls/no cake pulls, cake for 260/cake for 200/cake for 175, the list goes on and on. We ended up going with a dark chocolate cake and almond frosting. The cake matched the image of perfection in my mind, and the team worked wonderfully with Leaf and Petal to coordinate the flowers for the cake topper so that I did not have to be involved in the timelines or coordination process. People always say to order less cake than you think you need, that nobody even eats it. Initially I listened and I planned for enough cake for roughly 2/3 of our guests to have a slice, however when our guests began rsvping I never changed the cake order and we ended up with almost 100 fewer people than we initially planned for, i.e. there would now be more cake than people instead of the other way around. Well all I have to say is its a good thing I didn't listen and decrease the order size because this entire cake WENT. People went back for seconds, people took to-go containers, if it wasn't for Adam at the columns making sure a piece got sent up to our room for us I don't know that I would have even found a slice!!!! It was honestly the best piece of wedding cake I have ever eaten and liked I mentioned before I. LOVE. Cake. I can't recommend Bittersweet Confections highly enough!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Lauren S

I contacted Cheryl because they were one of the only bakeries I could find near the quarter that would make a croquembouche. I met with her while I was in New Orleans planning some things for our destination wedding. Being a cake decorator myself I had a pretty good idea of what... Read More I wanted and she absolutely delivered. She custom made sugar skulls to go on the top of our croquembouche and also suggested that we have a six inch cake to cut. Everything was absolutely beautiful and the flavors were incredible. Everyone was raving about the cream puffs and my husband snacked on them for the next few days. I absolutely recommend Cheryl and her team. They are great!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kayla S

Words cannot express how thrilled my Husband and I were with our wedding cake! We currently live in Nashville, TN, but a New Orleans wedding was our dream. When we began our planning so many people told us whatever we did, do not have an almond cake as our wedding cake. We had... Read More never even heard of an almond wedding cake, but we really did want to keep with New Orleans tradition... Our wedding planner set up a cake tasting with Cheryl at Bittersweet Confections at 9 a.m. on a Saturday, what better to start your weekend than with cake and coffee for breakfast, right?! When we arrived, she came out with a platter of cakes and icings of various flavors, some of which literally sparkled. At the end, we gave in to the traditional almond cake with almond icing and I have to admit, it was one of the best choices we made. The cake was amazing, it looked exactly the way we planned and tasted better than I could have ever imagined. My Husband's Groom's Cake, a R2-D2 dressed in a tuxedo with a matching purple bow, was the talk of the reception. Needless to say, we are counting the seconds until our one year anniversary to have another taste of that almond cake!! Yum!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Andrea B

This bakery is amazing! Instead of one big cake, we decided on 4 cakes and some petifores. They turned out beautiful and made sure they were exactly how I wanted. Our guest ranted about how good each cake was and we had NONE left after the reception. Such a hit!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Chelsea D

THE BEST CAKE EVER! Ben and Cheryl were awesome. From the cake tasting, to the design, taste, and looks of both the bride and grooms cakes.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Delaney E

Honestly, the best cupcakes I’ve ever had!! We decided to not have a cake at our wedding and do cupcakes instead. They were so delicious!! We had lemon, strawberry and wedding cake flavors. Many people told me how great they were, and we even caught our venue staff trying to... Read More sneak some as well! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Whitney F

Cheryl, the owner, is very nice and easy to work with and returns correspondence pretty quickly. I love her! Our groom's cake (an old-school Nintendo console) was the talk of the wedding the entire night. Both cakes were delicious, and exactly what I wanted. I would recommend... Read More Cheryl and her team to anyone.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Tanisha W

We ordered two cakes from Bittersweet and they were spectacular. Both were delicious and everyone raved about how good the strawberry wedding cake and red velvet groom's cake was. I'm admittedly not a big fan of cake or icing which is why I got a scraped cake and I thought it... Read More was to die for. I could not recommend them more!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Katie M

The best! My husband and I decided we wanted just the top of a cake and then different flavor cupcakes cascading down in a cake formation. Bittersweet took our idea and made it happen! The grooms cake too was so amazing-a giant chocolate flour de lis with gold trim (Go Saints!)... Read More and peanut putter inside! Bittersweet was so easy to work with!

Reviewed on 9/02/2017 Noelle T

Our wedding cake and grooms cake came out absolutely perfect! Cheryl and Ben were so great to work with. Ben did our tasting with my mom grandma and I and we had a blast! And of course, the wedding cake turned out beautiful and delicious! Our grooms cake was a tiered cookie cake... Read More and looked EXACTLY the way we envisioned it would (it also tasted great)! We were very pleased with this bakery and are so thankful for everything they did to make our wedding perfect :)

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Andrea P

OMG. Our cakes were GORGEOUS! truly stunning. She made us a naked cake and a millenium falcon! Not only was it beautiful....but it tasted amazing. Cheryl was an absolute joy to work with and was so helpful as we were planning our wedding abroad.

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Emily E

Cheryl was great to work with!! Her team was easy to communicate with and prompt. They made sure all the details of our cakes were perfect. And it tasted great too!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Rashena T

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CAKES!! We ordered both our wedding cake and groom's cake from Bittersweet Confections and were extremely happy with them! Our guest are still raving about the cakes 4 months after our wedding! The customer service was outstanding, and Cheryl was an... Read More absolute joy to work with. Highly recommended and the best bakery in NOLA by far!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elora C

Absolutely the best!! Bittersweet made our insanely delicious wedding cake (you can't beat their icing!) and our groom's cinnamon roll tower! We received so many compliments from our guests. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 katie p

Highly recommend this for a wedding cake vendor! The cake is absolutely delicious and beautiful! The team worked hard to make exactly what we requested...and it was perfect. Everyone is super helpful and easy to work with.

Bittersweet Confections