Bittersweet Confections - Artistry and Perfection

One-of-a-kind, artfully crafted, and melt-in-your mouth delicious! Our cakes are baked to perfection, moist and flavorful. Respectful of your visions, Bittersweet will work with you to execute your ideas for a flawless, "tasteful", and memorable day. Grooms cakes, dessert displays, and NOLA favors!

Cake Stands, Cake Toppers, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

725 Magazine Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 523-2626

Reviewed on 4/06/2016

Cheryl and team at Bittersweet Confections are by far the best at what they do! We had a destination wedding in Nola and worked very closely with Cheryl via email. Not only was she meticulous about all the details of the wedding but her attention to detail on everything she... Read More makes was top-notch. She presented the most beautiful almond flavored naked wedding cake, custom made chocolate mousse grooms cake made as a trophy fish mounted, and incredible bites for the dessert bar. We had mini eclairs, mini key lime tarts with burnt sugar, mini fruit cheesecake in jars with sundae spoons, various truffles, peanut butter bars (that disappeared immediately). Cheryl staged the cakes and desserts, at the reception venue, In a way that was unique and delectable and looked like it was right out of a food magazine. We had several "foodies" and restaurateurs at the reception and they told me everything was the best they have tasted. Bravo Cheryl and team!!!

Phenomenal

Reviewed on 7/21/2014 Lauren

I can't express how amazing Bittersweet was. The cakes were delicious (which I never doubted). Cheryl is as sweet as can be. She and her team took my idea for an Xbox groomscake and ran with it! Adding an eye of the tiger (LSU) on top and a controller on the side. It was... Read More perfect! I had servers from the reception venue see us later at a restaurant stop us to tell us how awesome it was. And it was not made of gross fondant.. The icing tasted marshmallow-like and delicious! My husband chose red velvet cake, and it was delicious. The wedding cake was beautiful.. Again, I didn't want fondant. We chose a rose design, and it came out perfect. For how delicious and beautiful everything came out, the price is definitely reasonable!! I go in to Bittwersweet on a normal basis for cupcakes and will continue. We went the non-traditional route and will be purchasing a fresh cake "topper" for our one year anniversary.. I can't wait!!

Wow.....Just WOW!!!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Kristi H

The only "problem" we had with Bittersweets? All of our out of town guests are insisting that they may never be able to eat any other cake again because they had experienced the BEST! Incredibly reliable, artistic, and so easy to work with....the folks at Bittersweets FAR... Read More exceeded our expectations. New Orleans is known for its incredible food and bakeries....Bittersweets came recommended by others, so we visited them first. We tried their basic "wedding cake" cupcake....and our eyes lit up! We knew cakes weren't going to get better than this. There was no reason to go anywhere else. On a sad note, 4 months before our wedding, my 22 year old daughter suddenly and unexpectedly passed away. We had considered putting off the wedding but decided that my daughter would want us to push on. I hadn't made any final decisions on our cake, outside of the flavor and how many people it should serve. As I am sure many can imagine, I was in no shape to do any more wedding planning. I contacted Bittersweets and told them what had happened: I then just asked them to "make it happen." I had no idea what my cake would look like....but I love surprises! When I walked into my reception, I gasped...it was perfect....beyond anything I could have ever wished for. I smiled and cried (smiling had been an infrequent occurrence for me in the previous months) And the taste...the freshness...we had NONE left after our guests got a hold of it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! All of you wonderful folks at Bittersweets for helping to make my wedding carefree and DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Emily E

Cheryl was great to work with!! Her team was easy to communicate with and prompt. They made sure all the details of our cakes were perfect. And it tasted great too!!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Rashena T

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CAKES!! We ordered both our wedding cake and groom's cake from Bittersweet Confections and were extremely happy with them! Our guest are still raving about the cakes 4 months after our wedding! The customer service was outstanding, and Cheryl was an... Read More absolute joy to work with. Highly recommended and the best bakery in NOLA by far!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Elora D

Absolutely the best!! Bittersweet made our insanely delicious wedding cake (you can't beat their icing!) and our groom's cinnamon roll tower! We received so many compliments from our guests. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 katie p

Highly recommend this for a wedding cake vendor! The cake is absolutely delicious and beautiful! The team worked hard to make exactly what we requested...and it was perfect. Everyone is super helpful and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Julie I

Bittersweet Confections is incredible!!! They were so easy to work with and their cakes are delicious. We had a tiered king cake as our wedding cake and it was perfect! The red velvet groom's cake was also well done. I am a cake lover and Bittersweet Confections makes some of... Read More the best I've ever had!

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Lindsey B

They are the best! I ordered my grooms cake from here and it could not have been more spectacular! They captured everything that I wanted and more! Wish I would have ordered my wedding cake from here also. Because I know they would not have messed it up like Haydels Bakery did!... Read More Wish I could post a picture of the grooms cake just to show you how amazing it was.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Courtney A

Ben is awesome! Cakes melt in your mouth

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Athena M

Worked directly with Cheryl on a dessert bar and cake for our wedding reception. Not only was she open to ideas on the types of sweets for the table but also the look and feel of it. She even did a custom dessert for us that was off the menu. We provided her with some pinterest... Read More images, guest count, types of ideas we were into and she brought it all to life. She had everything we would need to pull of a gorgeous dessert bar. She had apothecary jars, gold scopes and beautiful trays to hold the equally gorgeous desserts she created by hand. Not only did our dessert bar LOOK delicious it WAS delicious. Everything down to the candy on the table tasted absolutely divine. There was no detail missed. We also sent her some decorations that we liked and she put it all together absolutely beautifully for the evening. It was the focal point of the room for sure. Cheryl was also all about helping us stay within budget and figure out where we could save a little and where it was worth spending a little more. My only regret was not letting her box us up and ship us out the left over cake back to Denver for us because it was DELICIOUS!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Kristi B

Bittersweet made our wedding cake, petit fours, and chocolate king cake grooms cake and they were all to die for! Not to mention beautiful! Ben was so easy to work too! Everyone at our wedding talked about how good the desserts were and I was happy one petit four made it to the... Read More leftover box after our wedding! :)

Reviewed on 5/25/2017 Lyndsay M

Cheryl and Ben at Bittersweet Confections were a delight to deal with! I had a wedding cake topper and cupcakes for our wedding on 04.12.2017 and they were absolutely delicious! The ingredients are top notch and I have to admit my husband and I (without any guilt!) ate the rest... Read More of the cupcakes on our road trip back to San Diego. They were so accommodating, and helpful, especially with it being a destination wedding. I am still craving the lemon cupcake and the almond cake, may need to make a trip back to NOLA to indulge. Great company to work with, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Cheyenne M

The cake was the best thing I have ever had in terms of desserts. The staff was amazingly easy to work with and set-up on the day of the wedding was seamless. Even if you end up not getting your cake there, buy some of their treats because they are the best bakers in New... Read More Orleans, no doubt about it!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Kristin B

The wedding cake was so moist and so beautiful. The grooms cake was a traditional New Orleans doberge chocolate cake. It was wonderful and the customer service was first class!!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Maggie W

Thank you Bittersweet for making an amazing wedding cake! Cheryl is so sweet and great to work with. Their cake is incredibly spongy and moist. The buttercream icing is wonderful, creamy and not too sweet. One of the reception cake cutters told me that he's been doing this... Read More for 3 years and our cake was the best he's tasted. I had friends say they don't like wedding cake, but thought ours was delicious. EVERYONE wanted to know where the cake was from. You won't go wrong with Bittersweet!!

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 Thuy T

Wow! What a phenomenal job. My 5 tiered wedding cake was a showstopper. The groom's Popeyes cake also had a crowd of it's own. Not only did these cakes looked amazing, they tasted even better. Absolutely fabulous job by Cheryl and her team!!

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Marisa C

Cheryl and Bittersweet Confections was a pleasure to work with. Our wedding cake and grooms cake was designed exactly how we wanted it. The almond flavor of the cake was amazing. The cake was so moist and the buttercream icing is to die for. My husband and I recently had our 1... Read More year anniversary and our cake top was just as delicious as we remembered on our wedding day. I would recommend Bittersweet Confections to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Sarah D

A big thank you to Ben and team at Bittersweet! We ordered both macaroons and petit fours for our destination wedding. Both were absolutely delicious; our guests particularly raved about the petit fours sooo good!! Since we coordinated the wedding from out of town, Ben made... Read More communication via email easy and quick, with pictures and invoices available to pay online. Pick up the day of was also easy and desserts were ready on time. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 9/04/2016 Jessica P

Cake was bomb! Cheryl helped us plan for the perfect amount of cake. It was also beautiful and tasted delicious. Great company to work with.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Emma P

Cheryl is just the best. So kind and easy to work with, and willing to make whatever is on your mind! Our guests could not stop telling me how great our dark chocolate wedding cake was! Easiest decision ever.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Joni J

AMAZING!! The wedding cake and the Groom's Cake (German Chocolate) was incredible. To this day, the guest are raving about the cakes and some guest were very happy to report that they had more than one piece! Cheryl was a total joy to work with, making our wedding day very... Read More special! Thanks Bittersweet Confections! It was PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Bailee H

Only got one bite (the one my husband fed me) of this cake at the reception, but boy was I glad to see that our planner had brought extra to the room! It was delicious and I received SO many compliments! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Elise S

The wedding cake, adorned with magnolias made of icing, occupied a large round table to itself and needed no other decorations to be a spectacular centerpiece. It was delicious, as well - carrot cake with cream cheese icing, just we requested. Cheryl was friendly and easy to... Read More work with - reassuring when organizing from afar as we were. We can't wait to thaw out the top and eat it again (next year)!

Reviewed on 5/21/2016 Catherine N

Bittersweet Confection made an beautiful and delicious cake for my wedding that was even more inspired than the photo I had provided. Everyone loved it. Cheryl is an remarkably brilliant and meticulous baker. When we met her at the tasting, she was also easy to communicate with,... Read More down to earth, and so sweet. The whole process was stress free and the cake was delivered on time with no issues. I appreciate Cheryl so much for helping to make our big day amazing!

Bittersweet Confections