Black Tie Sounds

DFW Metroplex and Surrounding Areas

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin

Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

Frisco, TX DFW Metroplex and Surrounding Areas (469) 759-3691

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Liz D

Jeff was awesome!!! The dance floor was packed the entire night, he knew exactly what to play! He also honored our requests. Thanks again for everything Jeff!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Mike K

We had peace of mind from the moment we met Jeff that he was the right choice. He was thoughtful and thorough in all aspects, from the planning to the rehearsal, all the way through the last second of the wedding. Jeff's equipment was top notch and he was well prepared to meet... Read More our needs. Jeff is extremely professional and delivered execellent service at a reasonable price. He's highly recommended.

Reviewed on 7/28/2017 Katie C

Jeff was SO great to work with! He was incredibly organized - he walked us through decisions we didn't even know we needed to make! We had a general idea of the music we wanted played during the reception, but Jeff did an amazing job reading the dance floor and keeping it... Read More packed ALL night! If you are looking for someone that will make your wedding planning life easier, definitely go with Black Tie Sounds!!

Reviewed on 6/28/2017

DJ Jeff Burris provided a wonderful wedding experience for my wife and me. From our very first meeting Jeff he was friendly, prepared, and professional. He was attentive of the vision we had for our wedding and worked with us to plan a music selection that was fun and well... Read More balanced for everyone at the reception. A month after that unforgettable night friends and family are still telling us how much fun they had at the reception. No doubt these compliments are due the excellent job done by DJ Jeff Burris at Black Tie Sounds.

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Megan K

Thanks to a recommendation, we used Black Tie Sounds for our wedding and reception and couldn't be happier! My husband and I married last winter, and people are still telling me how much they enjoyed our wedding and reception! They really loved the music and the lighting that... Read More Jeff provided! Jeff went far above and beyond during the whole wedding planning and on the big day itself! It was truly a blessing to have him there because without his coordination with everyone, the day would not have been nearly as successful! We are so thankful that our family friend recommended him because he is a big reason everything went so seamlessly on our wedding day! Just for a brief idea, we held our wedding and reception at the same place but the events started early afternoon and went until my husband and I made our formal exit around at the earliest 11:00 pm that night. Needless to say, it was a long event and thanks to Jeff, he kept the transition from the wedding, to cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, to the reception so flawless! We were amazed how easy everything seemed thanks to his amazing planning and skills to work and coordinate with everyone involved!

Reviewed on 3/21/2017

We never knew how important a DJ is to a wedding venue until we hired Jeff! It's so much more than "just playing the music". From the rehearsal the day prior, to our private last dance, Jeff coordinated and directed everything perfectly the way we wanted. He took so much stress... Read More off of us and handled the ceremony starting 30 minutes late, to the timing of the music as we walked down the aisle, to the direction and flow of the reception throughout the night. He was a huge part of our day and he made the memory of it perfect. He has an extensive event planning program but it was well worth the time that is put into it to have everything you want. Jeff shows the meticulous art to being a dj and makes the whole event come together. He's great at his profession and we highly recommend him.

Reviewed on 2/21/2017 Laleh O

Jeff was AMAZING! We have nothing but excellent things to say about him and his work. Leading up the wedding, he was so on top of everything. He had even done a bit of research on us before our first initial meeting. Once we booked him, he sent reminder emails of upcoming... Read More deadlines and met with us again to finalize everything. Jeff was so knowledgeable about the whole process. He helped us pick out things when we weren't sure and gave us lots of guidance. What was really, really wonderful about Jeff was that during the reception, he made sure things were happening when they were supposed to happen! For example, he found a bouquet and said, "It's time to do the toss soon! are you ready?" It was awesome to have him so focused on getting the timing of our event done currently. Is you need a DJ for your event, Jeff is the perfect choice!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Channing N

Jeff was so fantastic throughout our entire planning process. He was thorough, organized, and patient. On the day of, he was so attentive and executed all of our plans perfectly!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Jessie P

Such an awesome DJ! We could not afford a wedding planner and he was so kind to act as our coordinator! Helped with timing of the events, helped with releasing our guest tables to get food... he even coordinated a fun last group dance where all of our guests surrounded us and... Read More sang "Don't Stop Believing" By Journey to us! We did not expect it at all, it was a surprise and so sweet! Highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Ashley M

I'm not sure I can come up with the right words to explain just how great Jeff is. He went far above and beyond what you'd expect from even the best DJ in town. We had a wedding coordinator but if Jeff saw anything that was needed, he'd just jump in and help. He always made sure... Read More my husband and I had drinks in our hand, knew where we needed to be, and ultimately had no care in the world other than to enjoy our day. He kept the dance floor full and it was the ultimate dance party - we wouldn't change one thing. Our wedding party gave him rave reviews as well! Most people have been to numerous weddings and every person we've spoken to expressed our same sentiment, that Jeff/Black Tie Sounds was the absolute BEST DJ! THANK YOU JEFF!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Katherine C

Let me start by saying that if you have any doubts about who to choose for your DJ, do yourself a favor and go sit down and chat with Jeff Burris. He is very professional, knows his music and made us feel at ease. We met with him twice before the wedding and he even came to our... Read More rehearsal! I LOVED his online planning platform, it helped us choose songs and stay organized. The day of the wedding he showed up early and had two setups (one at the ceremony and one at the reception). His MC skills are amazing and he kept our guests on the dance floor all night- WIN! I highly recommend his services. He was one of my vendors that exceeded my expectations. THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Tina N

Jeff Burris provided DJ services for my daughter's wedding reception. He is extremely professional and always responded promptly to any questions. He met with us personally twice before we secured his services...once with me and my daughter and again to meet my future... Read More son-in-law. He also met with us just prior to the event to finalize our plans for the evening. He is extremely organized, on-time and very easy to work with. His online planning platform was very easy to use and helped my daughter and her fiancé plan their music long-distance. Jeff arrived for the event early and had a very professional setup. We were concerned about the acoustics in our venue, and Jeff made sure the sound was great. I also credit Jeff with keeping the reception events progressing smoothly when we had some unanticipated glitches. He was very observant of how the evening was going and responded quickly to keep things moving. And people danced!! I highly recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff and Black Tie Sounds and Lighting were simply professional, valuable, and a joy to work with. Jeff met with us early on to outline his services and help us plan for things we had not even thought of. He was extremely responsive and helpful throughout the entire wedding... Read More planning process, and on the day of the event, he was amazing. We cannot recommend Black Tie Sounds and Lighting enough!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff was a pleasure to interact with from the time we first met with him in June, all the way through the end of our reception in November. He was always prompt with responding to any of our questions. It was clear that he puts a lot of thought into what he does to make your... Read More event unforgettable. We had many guests tell us that our DJ was the best that they had seen at a wedding. Our big day went smoothly and my husband and I couldn't have enjoyed our reception more, in big part thanks to Jeff. Without a doubt, Black Tie Sounds is THE DJ you should hire!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

If you have any doubts about the DJ you’ve chosen for your wedding, do yourself a favor and go sit down and chat with Jeff. My wife and I were in that exact position, where we weren’t quite sure how comfortable we were with the people we had interviewed with. Made the decision... Read More to go sit with Jeff from Black Tie Sounds and never regretted it. Jeff was very helpful all along the process with making suggestions and recommendations, all while answering a million other different questions that we had. He is truly a professional in this industry. He didn’t sit back and do nothing, and he also didn’t try and steal the show. We could not be more satisfied with choosing Jeff as our DJ for our wedding. Numerous people told us how great he was, after our wedding, compared to other wedding DJ’s they had seen/heard. Trust me, go sit down and chat with Jeff. Your DJ search will be over.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

DJ Jeff was the DJ for our wedding. He was fantastic! We received so many compliments from our guests telling us how much they loved his music selections. He knew how to read the crowd, and our prep meeting before the event was extremely reassuring and thorough. Some parts of... Read More our timeline had to change last minute and he did extremely well at going with the flow and directing the nightly events (and did a great job working with our nightmare of a day-of coordinator). Highly recommend! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff is AMAZING. He worked great with our other vendors to keep the timing of our reception right and the music was wonderful. He knows exactly how to read the room and I didn't have to worry about anything. Anytime we have an event that needs a DJ we'll be booking Jeff! I... Read More cannot express how grateful I am for what an amazing job he did.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff, of Black Tie Sounds, was wonderful. My husband and I met Jeff about 11/2 years prior to our wedding and booked him then. We did not have a wedding coordinator/planner, but Jeff's expertise and MC skills helped manage our wedding. I was able to contact him with any... Read More questions and he would quickly respond in helping plan day of timeline. My Husband and I originally had a friend who was going to play music during our ceremony and then the week of found that they were unable to do so. Jeff coordinated all of the ceremony music during the rehearsal a couple of nights prior to the wedding. I can not say enough how much we appreciate Jeff and all his help.He delivered exactly what we wanted. I would recommend Jeff for any occasion. His value, expertise, and the quality of service he provides is extraordinary.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

My husband & I were lucky enough to meet Jeff at an open house at our wedding venue where he is highly recommended by the coordinators and staff. I understand why because Jeff was one of the most reliable, professional, & responsive vendors we had the pleasure of working with... Read More for our big day. He exceeded all of our expectations as a DJ with music selection and MCing. Our friends and family can't stop talking about what a fun wedding it was (some people never even sat down)! But he ALSO made sure the reception went on smoothly (making sure we were in the right spot for photos, helping us stick with a timeline for toasts, cake cutting, etc.) We truly can't thank Jeff enough for making our wedding so perfect!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff was absolutely amazing through our entire wedding planning process and his services the day of. He helped us organize a timeline for our reception in detail (which we would not have thought to do on our own), held meetings with us to keep us on schedule, and I loved his... Read More song planner where you could choose songs as 'must play,' 'play if possible,' or 'don't play.' He had different mixes of music (and recommendations for us) for cocktail hour, dinner, initial dancing, toasts/garter/bouquet, and then later in the night more adult dancing music. He was fantastic!!!! We literally could not have done it without him. AND he provided our lighting, and he had a great price. I would recommend him to anyone. Thank you so much Jeff!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

Jeff was quick to respond to me with any questions I had. He met with me twice before the wedding to plan the music, has an amazing way of having it set up where you choose your songs online. I had the songs that I wanted on my reception plus kept the flow of reception well and... Read More great atmosphere! Had fun! Highly recommend him for any event, professional and great experience and listens to his clients requests.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

We were so happy with DJ Jeff!! He was great and really felt he gave us his undivided attention! He was very professional but we also felt like he was an old friend, we were so comfortable with him. I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!!!!