Providing the Soundtrack For Your Events

Blackbook Social Club specializes in contemporary, indie, traditional and non-traditional weddings. We provide REAL DJs to seamlessly mix all your favorite music and customize playlists according to your taste for the perfect evening.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Equipment

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Ellie S

Blackbook Social Club made our wedding a special and wonderful event! Nguyen worked with us to understand exactly what our daughter wanted and did a fantastic job. This was the first wedding/big event that I ever had to put together and on top of this, I live in... Read More Pennsylvania! Nguyen did a fantastic job of working through everything with me and helping me plan and hold a wedding in the LA area....planning from the other side of the country! Thank you Nguyen!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Claudia A

Blackbook Social Club provided a great wedding experience. They were helpful in preparing for the event and they provided a great mix of music the night of our wedding. They did an amazing job in incorporating different genre's of music that kept all our guest dancing all night.... Read More All the guest keep raving on how AMAZING the DJ was. Nguyen was extremely helpful and exceeded our expectations. You can't go wrong with them.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Allison S

We hired Blackbook Social Club to DJ our wedding and it was the best decision ever! Nguyen was really hands on from the beginning and was genuinely excited to be working on our wedding. He was so helpful, answered all of my questions and really made sure that he listened to... Read More everything that we wanted. On the day of, he and his assistant worked so hard to make sure the music was amazing. You can tell that he takes real pride in his business and that he wants to make the day extremely special for each couple. I can't thank them enough and definitely recommend them to brides and grooms looking for a wedding DJ!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Angelica K

Nguyen Nguyen is amazing -- an absolute pro, such a cool guy and a ridiculously talented DJ. I can't say enough good things about him and Blackbook Social Club. I'll keep recommending them to everyone I know who needs a top notch DJ. He and Jordan did my wedding at SmogShoppe... Read More and it went off without a hitch! Nguyen was always so reachable and accommodating over email and over the phone. So many DJs and DJ companies just drop the ball when it comes to communication skills and professionalism. With Nguyen, I always felt like he was on top of everything. And when we met him, we could tell that he and his style matched my husband's and my taste to perfection. He provided the uplighting rentals and coordinated the music for the ceremony, the reception, and dancing -- no lame tracks here. We had multiple people tell us throughout the wedding how awesome he was. He even gave us the cocktail hour playlist he put together, and it's so great that my husband and I listened to it all through our honeymoon, and we're still listening to it weeks later! (Nguyen, we're keeping this playlist and putting it on whenever we have guests over, to make them think we're cooler than we actually are.) Nguyen's so pro, he works with you to figure out what your tastes and preferences are to suit your event. It's so important to have a DJ that can read the crowd and tailor the music to the guests' energy. You want someone who knows what they're doing. You want Nguyen. We had people dancing and having such a great time (my side of the family is really reserved, but even they got down on the dance floor!). And once things were dying down and the wedding was wrapping up, he played the Lemonade visual album on the big screen on my venue. Amazing. It was a perfect way to wrap up such an incredible day. Nguyen, you're such a boss. Thank you for everything! Let me and Ryan know next time you're working in LA. We'd love to come out and see you!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Katie M

Nguyen and his team is amazing!! Besides being a great DJ, they are really cool. I think the best vendor is someone who is attentive and cares about you and your big day. It's like having another friend at your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Rachel L

Nguyen and his team are amazing! My wedding was absolutely perfect because of Nguyen's set. He kept the dance floor packed all night and knew what to play at all moments. We had such a spectacular night!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Vivian H

Music has always been one of the most important parts of my life. A single song can completely change the mood of a scene of a movie. For my wedding I needed every moment to be setup with the soundtrack of my wife's and my relationship. I had very specific moods and tones I... Read More wanted for each part of the wedding. Strings for the pre-ceremony, slightly upbeat indie for the cocktail hour, slow and moody for the dinner, and full on party for open dance. I sent a list of songs I wanted played and Nguyen and Jordan were able to seamlessly fill in the rest. During the processional they didn't miss a beat with the music queues. They were able to work hand in hand with my coordinator to stick to our schedule and when it came to emcee they did so clearly and professionally. Open dance was a dream, they live mixed all the music and kept the party going until the very end. They were able to read the floor and adjust to keep the energy high and the party banging. I received many compliments from my guests noting the song selection and atmosphere created from pre-ceremony to the last song. Nguyen was always very responsive and answered all requests and questions we had. The guys from Black Book Social Club are true professionals who also know how to fuel a killer party.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Brianna L

Nguyen and his team are absolutely AMAZING! We had Nguyen DJ our wedding this past May and we still can't stop thinking about how great the music was and how much fun we had at our wedding. All of our guests were on the dance floor the entire night and we owe that to the... Read More Blackbook Social Club! Overall, Nguyen is extremely professional and just an overall cool guy. We were totally lucky to have found him and his amazing team. Months leading up to the BIG day, Nguyen was extremely helpful and attentive. I would email him and he would literally get back to me in minutes, it was so awesome. I can't think of anything bad to say because it really was the easiest process working with him. We also were very particular with what kind of music we wanted at our wedding. Our ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner hour we wanted to be a bit more indie/folky/feel good and Nguyen knew exactly what that meant to us! He not only did an amazing job during those hours but he killed the dance portion of our reception! Nguyen did an amazing job of feeling out the crowd, as well as playing the genres of music and songs that we had requested. One of our goals at our wedding was we wanted it to be a fun, enjoyable time for our family and friends...and because of Blackbook Social Club, we accomplished that! Blackbook Social Club will be the best decision that you make. I did hours and hours of research and interviews with other DJs and by far Nguyen and his team surpass every expectation that I could ever imagine having. I can't say enough great things! So look no further, Blackbook Social Club will not disappoint!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Nguyen was everything we could ask for in a DJ. Music was one of our worries for the wedding. As the bride and groom, you want to make sure your guests are having a blast AND that you each love the music as well. Nguyen easily helped us accomplish that. We had everyone dancing... Read More and complimenting the music. Blackbook Social Group was the best decision and made our night memorable, not just to us but to our guests.

Reviewed on 4/02/2016

If the dance floor is always packed at your wedding, and the friends and family who don't normally dance, find themselves dancing all night, you've done something right. In our case, we knew our guests, we knew their music tastes and hired an awesome DJ who could pull off our... Read More vision for a fabulous evening. No awkward pauses in music or stange transitions that I've experienced at other events. These guys are real DJs and know how to transition from song to song. That was important to us to keep the mood and energy flowing smoothly. Nguyen and Jordan were great to work with. Nguyen is very professional and available to answer any questions. I honestly didn't need to give him much direction, just a few simple goals.....mainly make our guests happy and keep them dancing. They also helped us with extra equipment and mics for our ceremony, even though we only used them for the reception. I give them my highest recommendation!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Zully C

Booking with Blackbook Social Club was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Nguyen went above and beyond our expectations for a DJ! He was very communicative, professional, attentive, and genuine. He met us at our venue for the walk-through to ensure scope out... Read More the logistics which was helpful and reassuring. Above all else, my husband and I appreciate how much he catered to our specific requests and matched our taste in indie and eclectic music. It was a wonderful feeling to hear our hand selected songs play throughout the wedding with additions made by Nguyen –and I have to say, the songs that were selected by Nguyen were on point! One of my greatest fears since my engagement was that there would be a mass exodus during the reception which had happened to many of my family’s weddings. However, Nguyen & co. kept spinning and mixing songs that brought my guests to the dancefloor while keeping us in mind to! We had a great crowd that danced throughout the night. Even as the wedding was wrapping up and only immediate family and the bridal party remained, the music did not stop. In fact, one of my fondest memories of the night was dancing the last songs with our smaller crowd as the catering & events folks were stacking chairs around us. I appreciated their commitment to us (and to the contract!) by playing until we were ready for the last song. Our wedding was a highly personalized and wonderful experience, most in part due to the ambiance that Blackbook Social Club help set. If you care about your music selection and are looking for serious audiophiles without the cheese of a “typical” wedding DJ, this is it. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Taryn C

As a wedding planning team, a good DJ is key to a successful event! Nguyen is absolutely fabulous as a DJ but also as a collaborator in your wedding. They're fantastic at communication and that's key for us as planners. We recommend them without any hesitation whatsoever!

Reviewed on 1/07/2016 Kristin H

Nguyen and Tessa are hands down the best. Their pricing was extremely affordable, they were both so friendly and professional, and most important, they music at the wedding was amazing. I can't tell you how many compliments my husband and I received on our amazing DJs. Every... Read More single song kept the energy up, people on the dance floor, and the vibe was exactly what we wanted. I can't thank them or recommend them enough. PS - Our wedding was Oct 2015

Reviewed on 11/12/2015 Rachael K

Hire them. No more searching, no more interviewing, if Nguyen is available, just close the browser, and hire him. You will thank me. The only reason this is long is because I honestly don't know how to squeeze his spectacular performance into fewer words. Apologies for the... Read More lack of brevity but I do promise you specifics. About me: I am a high-maintenance, high-expectation, specific, critical, demanding, and "at times" difficult, Jewish girl from LA. So keep that in mind as you read this review. If you don't trust or believe me, seriously, email me at [email protected] so I can send you the videos and emails from my guests who couldn't get over this guy. Again, this is not just me talking. It's the 170 guests at the Bel Air Bay Club celebrating a Jewish LA girl and an Italian NJ boy. It's the STAFF at the Bel Air Bay Club. It's our VIDEOGRAPHER. It's our WEDDING PLANNER. Our PHOTOGRAPHER. NONE of whom had ever heard of him before. Welcome to the jungle people. I wish I could tell you everything he did so perfectly. For now, I'll keep it to examples and specific quotes from our guests. The ingredients. Bel-Air Bay Club, Pacific Palisades, 170 people from all over the country, ages 5 to 92. We've got doctors, bankers, professors, attorneys, non-profit pros, asset managers, programmers, liberals, conservatives, to name a few. We've got pretty much every high-end westside wedding vendor (all amazing though) we could find to spend our own hard-earned dollars on because we got completely carried away. So the room is gorgeous albeit far too expensive. Which means we've got a bride and groom who not only expect impossible perfection but who happen to consider the music to be THE single most important thing that must be perfect at the wedding. We've got a DJ whom no one working on the wedding had heard of, let alone actually heard play. We've got song requests spanning (no joke) 85 years of music taste. Result: An all-night long PERFECT... no - beyond perfect - song set, supremely outstanding read of the crowd, the dance floor, the room, the party by the DJ. Literally: perfect. Highlights from guest quotes include (and bear in mind, we're spanning a very broad age group): "Your DJ rocked the house." "Who is your DJ, he is amazing!" "Your DJ crushed it" "Goodness me, your disc jockey was really quite impressive!" "You know, your disc jockey really read the room - he's clearly an expert in his field, how old is he?" "I love your DJ!!" "I wuv [sic] yooo [sic] VJ [sic]!!" "Wow, whoever that guy is, he MADE your wedding." Our guests could not stop about Nguyen. Nguyen, hands down, was MVP of Halloween, i.e. our wedding night. The bartenders of the wedding venue said he was the best they've heard. I shouldn't say this and you'll hate me for it, but my father was actually shocked at how much I paid Nguyen, exclaiming that he was expecting the number to be 10-15x what we paid. Multiple. Not percent. I mean I don't know how else to explain this other than to NOT hire him would just be taking a major risk that no one really wants. Seriously, the second you sign your contract to book Nguyen, your mind should be completely at ease. If I ever have another party, I'm calling him immediately. Oh I guess I should also mention that he's an incredibly cool, down-to-earth guy, very humble, a whole lot of fun, I mean, now I'm just gushing but I can't say enough good things about him.

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Katie S

My now husband knew he wanted on thing for our wedding: a DJ that could spin vinyl and didn't play your typical macarena music. With this goal, he started his intensive research and finally found the amazing Tessa and Nguyen of Blackbook Social Club! Tessa and Nguyen were a... Read More dream to work with! They are both so nice, friendly, and responsive. Most importantly, though, their work is amazing. I still have guests telling me how amazing the music at my wedding was and how much they loved our DJ's. Their prices are also reasonable enough, considering you get two DJ's!! I only wish that I had another reason to book them again. They made our wedding a true event to remember.

Amazing Experience, would definitely book again if I could do it all over

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Kate T

Nguygen and Courtney from Blackbook Social Club were incredible! We just had them perform at our Sept 2015 wedding at the Hotel Bel Air where they did such a good job that I'm still hearing comments from the wedding guest about how fun the dance party was. For me personally,... Read More the best part was Nguygen's calming manner leading up to the wedding. I had no idea what I was doing and had saved a lot of the planning for way too close and he actually went above and beyond to give me advice about things like which father-daughter dance will be most simple to dance to, how to make the cocktail hour and dinner music elegant but modern, etc. He also empathized with what can sometimes be a stressful planning experience and just made the whole thing easier. Finally, the value is incredible. If I had known how great of an experience it was going to be, I would have been willing to pay double the price.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 dani f

My husband and I hired Nguyen from Blackbook Social Club for our May 2015 outdoor wedding. Nguyen was super easy to work with, responsive, professional, and a cool, down to earth, and nice guy! He played the songs we wanted--from cheesy Taylor Swift stuff during cocktail hour... Read More to old school 90s hip hop during our reception--without missing a beat. Nguyen was also there for our walk-through, which was really helpful to determine the set-up and whether we needed any extra equipment, such as a mic that was too out of range. Nguyen also kindly offered to provide up lighting for us a no charge. We are happy he was there to DJ our wedding and know you will be too.

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Aaron S

We had the privilege to have Nguyen and Jordan from Blackbook to entertain our 300 guest wedding recently. So music/dancing was on my top three most important aspects of my wedding (I started looking 2nd after photography) and I am so grateful that I found these guys! Once I... Read More listened to some of their DJs and looked at the awesome events (aside from weddings) that they do, I knew I had to inquire. I got connected with Nguyen and he was super quick to respond and we soon met with him on Facetime and my fiance and I knew that we had made our choice. He really wants to get to know how music has shaped your life and how you envision your day. Long story short, I basically made five Spotify lists of different categories (I know overkill...haha but just to show you how much it meant to me), I'm sure they would have chosen amazing music otherwise but I knew I had some favorites in mind. Also I had a pretty long DO NOT PLAY list. Nguyen received it all happily and had a positive attitude throughout the whole process. The night of our wedding (it was in a large industrial space, and Nguyen insured us that the sound would be amazing, and didn't even push us to add any extra features for sound). Anyways moving on to the music, the transition from cocktail, dinner, to the dance floor was seamless. We were all dancing for hours to amazing choice of Hip Hop songs, good hits, and even some crowd pleasing EDM. Our guests loved them so much we went way over our allotted time (which I actually expected) and we were more than happy to pay them for the extra time. I could tell Nguyen and Jordan were having fun watching us all act ridiculous on the dance floor, and I truly felt like they wanted to be there, not just get it over with. They also added some awesome uplighting (for an amazing price hehe) and helped my wedding planner set up the slide show with sound without any hesitation (even though it wasn't a part of their services). I wouldn't change a thing, they exceeded all my expectations. Let's just say all the girls were in flip flops that were provided by the end of the night :) *btw, they are pros at music, if you are looking for a MC that would entertain your guests with jokes or intermittent announcements, I recommend hiring that separately, but they are more than happy to cater to your requests*

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Marianne F

Nguyen was amazing! The music is the most important of the wedding reception and Nguyen did an amazing job of playing to the crowd and getting all my guests on the dance floor. Everyone stayed until the end and wanted to stay longer to dance! I highly recommend them for any... Read More event.

DJ Extraordinare

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 David D

We interviewed several DJs for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and when we met with Nguyen our DJ he won us over. And he came through with everything he promised. He met and communicated with us consistently in order to understand our wishes and what would make... Read More us most happy for our event. The music is one of the most important elements of an event and Nguyen was a master of detail and in tune with the guests. The dance floor was packed from the first song until the last.

Reviewed on 7/19/2015 MATTHEW N

Let me first start by saying what most people probably already know and can agree with me on. Weddings are not the easiest thing to plan and can usually become stressful as you start to work through the details. That being said, Nguyen of Blackbook Social Club brought a level of... Read More professionalism, helpfulness and general comfort to both my wife and I when it came down to finding the right DJ and ensured us that we were in good hands. When I first spoke to Nguyen, I immediately knew we were off to a good start. We were going over various genres of music and potential "must plays" and when I mentioned "return of the mack" to him, we bonded right there on the spot! Once we chose BBSC as our DJ, Nguyen made sure we were satisfied with every detail. We had several meetings,multiple emails and phone calls and not for one second did Nguyen make it seem like we were asking for too much. We had some special requirements for the outdoor ceremony which required a wireless PA (which we provided) and Nguyen was able to handle it no problem. After one of our meetings, my wife and I concluded we wanted to break our first dance into two songs. This again, was no problem. The timing and blending of the two played out effortlessly. Nguyen was able to help guide us perfectly into creating a night of fun and dancing for us and our wedding guests. My wife and I were so nervous about choosing the right DJ company as we had been to several events this year where the DJ had made the music and dancing unenjoyable from cutting out the songs right as everyone got into it or from blaring the music to a deafening level. Blackbook Social Club provided us with the exact opposite of those experiences! After the wedding, I took some time to look over photos and videos of the night. What I saw could not have brought a bigger smile to my face. In the videos, almost all of the guests were dancing, jumping around and having an amazing time! I would like to attribute that to BlackBook Social Club! Everyone, kept showering us with praise about the music, the atmosphere and the good vibes that were kept in perpetual motion from our DJ. Weeks after the wedding, people still were calling us to say how much fun they had! For those of you out there looking for the perfect DJ/entertainment company, you will be beyond happy and satisfied with Blackbook Social Club. Nguyen was helpful beyond words and brought peace of mind to my wife and I throughout the planning and up to the wedding! I would recommend BBSC to anyone for any event! Im able to say that we hired a great DJ but also made a good friend out of this experience too! Cheers, Matt

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 JuHyun Y

Nguyen and Jordan were the best! I did not even realize that DJs were there... meaning that they pretty much made things flow so smoothly and PERFECT that we did not have to worry about ANYTHING related to music throughout the wedding day. Nguyen also worked with us to match the... Read More uplighting perfectly to our wedding color. From the moment we met up to discuss the day till the end of the wedding night... Nguyen was very understanding and accommodating. Thank you both for making our wedding day so special. :)

Reviewed on 7/01/2015 Natalie K

Nyugen and Tessa were absolutely amazing on our wedding day! Not only are they reliable, professional, super friendly and so much fun to work with, they are amazing at what they do!!! We had all ages of people on the dance floor all night...and still getting compliments on how... Read More wonderful the music selection was. I am so happy that we booked blackbook social club. If you need a DJ, book them...they are the best!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Diana N

Nguyen was simply amazing to work with from the very begining! He is so quick to respond and so eager to help in any area that he can. While my husband and I love music, we are pretty much oblivious to the details of it. Play it and we will dance to pretty much anything! So... Read More besides the handful of songs that we knew we wanted (first dance, mother and son, cake cutting) we let it up to him and his assistant to do what they do best. Let me tell you, we had people on the dance floor that we would never imagine being out on the dance floor and it was non stop! His up lighting was on point with what we wanted our venue to look like. He really set the mood and the ambiance of our special day! Nguyen and his team were simply amazing. We can't rave enough about them! If you want a team that will listen to what you want and deliver results, they are your go to team!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

I am an event coordinator (Winnie Phung Weddings & events) and had the pleasure to work with DJ Nguyen for the first time this past weekend at an outdoor wedding. Even though our venue was a far distance from Nguyen, he took his time out to come to my client's venue walk... Read More through so that he could ensure the best set up and come equipped for the space. He reviewed my e-mails and timelines in great detail before the event and took initiative throughout the wedding to check in with me on our program and make sure we were not only on track, but that he wouldn't move on to the next item until we were ready. His team was very friendly, mindful and professional (KEY for a wedding!). For example, when we had a request for an inappropriate song, they checked in with the clients to get approval before playing. Additionally, our venue was in a residential area, and they were very mindful about checking the noise level from a distance throughout the night. The wedding was on a Sunday night, and we did not run into any issues. From what I could see, my clients and their guests were having a blast! And from a vendor standpoint, I would definitely recommend Blackbook Social Club to any clients in the future. Behind the scenes, it's very important that all vendors are not only on top of their game but also accommodating and work well with everyone else. It's definitely a team effort when it comes to the successful execution of an event, and I would have DJ Nguyen on my team any day!