Blacktie Photography

Los Angeles and Orange County

Los Angeles and Orange County Wedding Photographer

Fueled only by the fine brew of Peet’s coffee, I’m game to go wherever my couples can dream up, be it the woods, desert, or jumping in the pool. I’ve always been a creative person and thrived on the creative process, and finally found my favorite creative outlet in photography after a career as a graphic designer. I started shooting weddings in 2011 in my last year of college. I majored in Photojournalism and that’s 50% of my approach to weddings. The other 50% are very hands on. I like to direct, but also to watch. I like being a fly on the wall documenting the moments that you’ll most likely forget even happened. On the other hand, I like interjecting myself into your wedding day, and being a part it. I also thoroughly enjoy getting up close and personal with you and significant other

Classic, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Day After Session, Engagement

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Photo + Video

3637 Clarington Ave, Los Angelese, CA Los Angeles and Orange County (818) 835-5884
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Dee Dee H

In short, we loved our photos. Our families and friends were also very impressed at the beautiful pictures that came out, and thought they were candid yet artistic and beautiful. We love looking through our photos even now, 9 months later! Great things about David: David is so... Read More personable, friendly, and funny. He takes the time to actually meet you to tell you about the photo packages he offer, which is great because when we met him, we knew he would end up being our photographer. He makes you feel at ease! We both had never been professionally photographed before so we were nervous, but we were able to have fun because of David. - Instead of having you do awkwardly and artificially posed photos, David captures fun moments in a natural way, which makes for very great photos. All our photos look natural, candid, and beautiful! Not as great things about David: - these were hard to think of... but because David is so busy, it does take a very long time to get photos back from him. It took 2 months for us to get 5 highlight photos, and 4 months to get the actual full gallery of our photos. David is a highly coveted wedding photographer! - this is more of our fault than David's, so just a warning to any future bride and groom for their wedding photos... don't forget to talk to your photographer about shots you really want included! We forgot to do that, so we didn't end up with any photos of our rings, or a portrait of just the two of us in our wedding attire after the ceremony. We did spend a long time doing first looks at a good location though, which we didn't care as much about? Again, our fault about our lack of clear instructions. It ended up being okay though, because we took photos of our rings after the wedding with our phones (and besides, we will be wearing it for a lifetime, so no need for them photos), and the resolution of photos he gives you is so great that we just cut out other people in one of the pictures we liked so that we could have a pic of just the two of us right after the ceremony. Actually, that cropped photo was printed super big (like 18 in by 24 in big) and hung up in our apartment and we get so many compliments on how beautiful the picture is! So no complaints here, just a caution to future couples of any photographers. overall, we loved our photos and are glad to have gone with David. The style of the photos was exactly what we wanted, and we enjoy looking through the photos over and over again!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Melissa P

David is wonderful! My husband is actually the one who found David. He was looking for someone to take engagement photos and came across Blacktie Photography. We met with David and knew right away that he was our photographer, not just for our engagement photos, but our wedding... Read More as well. His work is beautiful and he's so much fun to work with. He really goes above and beyond to take interesting and beautiful shots. And he will keep you laughing and comfortable the whole time. I wholeheartedly recommend Blacktie Photography.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 James C

Having David as our wedding photographer was certainly one of the best choices that we made for our wedding. Before the wedding, David took extra time to meet with us in person and really listened to what we wanted in our wedding. The in-person meeting not only gave us a peace... Read More of mind for knowing that David understood our needs, but also gave us a chance to develop chemistry with David before our big day. On the wedding day, David arrived our wedding venue earlier than the appointed time in order to check out the various locations and to examine the lighting conditions. When things got crazy after other vendors and families/friends started arriving, David was always calm and focused. He knew exactly what kind of photo that he wanted to take. He did it in a way that did not interfere with our schedule and the flow of the wedding. When our smiles looked a bit tired after taking some many shots, David always had idea to make us laugh again. After the wedding, David kept us updated on the progress of our photos and he delivered all of our wedding photos on time. We were speechless when we saw how astonishingly beautiful our photos turned out. They were absolutely amazing! David successfully captured the moment that we wanted. Looking at those beautiful and genuine pictures will always let us remember all the precious moments during our wedding day. We couldn't be happier with our experience working with David and we honestly could not imagine having anyone else as our wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Keren A

David is a fantastic photographer and we can't recommend him highly enough! He was the photographer for our August wedding. He's are a true professional! From the first meeting to final touches on the photographs he communicated well and let us know what to expect each step of... Read More the way. We discussed our expectations for the wedding day about a week prior to the event. On the day of he arrived year to set up and scope out the place. He handled both of our families well (and there were a lot of them!), and put us at ease, especially since we are both sort of camera shy. To be honest throughout most of the party we didn't even know he was there, but in a good way! He captured many candid and unique shots! David was very personable, our families loved him and he became a friend so nothing was awkward. We felt comfortable even making suggestions if we had an idea for a cool shot to try. We just received our photos a couple weeks ago and they are breath taking. So many beautiful photos, it is very difficult to choose which to include in the album or to frame. Very very good problem to have! We also used the videographer David had recommended. Just received our wedding highlight video a few days ago, and again it turned out wonderful! David deserves 10 stars! Hopefully our paths can cross again soon for many more happy occasions.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Jacquie F

David is really a master of his craft. When my husband and I were looking for photographers for our wedding, we were very adamant about finding someone who told our story through our photographs. And David did just that. He is the funnest photographer we've ever worked with! He... Read More captures your personality through his pictures and even if you feel like you have no idea what you're doing, he makes you feel so comfortable in front of his camera and will capture you beautifully! He's not afraid to get adventurous and will get dirty (or in our case, wet because we were soaked when we went to the beach) to capture that perfect picture for you. We were so beyond happy with all our pictures!! David is an amazing photographer and the best person to capture your special day whether is be your wedding, engagement, maternity shoot or a birthday! Whatever the special occasion, you won't go wrong with David as your photographer!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Jamie A

Loved David and Issac to pieces. I've read a ton of reviews on a ton of different sites before I found David, and I'm honestly surprised I'm writing his first review on the knot! I'm the last of my group of friends to get married so I've seen my fair share of engagement photos... Read More on facebook. They all look very generic, and when I ask my friends about their photographers, I usually get "meh" as a response. I really wanted someone that we can connect with who will show off our personality in our photos and I found exactly that in David and Issac. Our engagement photos were absolutely stunning. Not only that, we had such a blast running around Venice with David. These photos will truly last a lifetime. We're getting married next month and can't wait to have our special day captured by David. Will update with a wedding review in the coming weeks.