Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

D5539e19 8bbd 4a86 b4c8 d7be04c6c773~rs 100

3520-1 Greenwood Blvd., St. Louis, MO (314) 647-3813

Reviewed on 1/17/2018 Liz S

Tom (Block Rockin' Beats) was absolutely the perfect choice for our wedding! We had attended a friend's wedding where we were so impressed with energy and flow of the evening that we decided to meet with him. During our meeting we discussed what type of music we like, what we... Read More definitely wanted to have played, and what we definitely did not want played. This allowed us to personalize the party far in advance, so we didn't have to worry about anything on the big day. Tom did an amazing job of keeping the dance floor full! He mixed it up with older tunes and newer high energy songs to appeal to our crowd of all ages. He did an awesome job of fielding requests in a very professional way-- making sure every song was completely clean and fit within our desires that we talked about at our initial meeting. Tom is a super nice guy, very professional and prompt with communications, very reasonably priced, and also gives great recommendations for concerts in the area once he knows your music taste! :) I can't recommend Tom highly enough! He made our reception perfect!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Melissa G

Tom DJ’ed our wedding in November and it was the dance party we always dreamed of for our reception!! We actually ended up extending our dance floor because we had so many people still dancing at the end of the night. There were people dancing around the dance floor because... Read More there was not enough room on the dance floor! It was better than we ever could have imagined. He understood what we wanted and worked within that and read our crowd to keep the dance floor busy literally the whole night. If you want a dance party for your reception – call Tom!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelsey H

Tom DJ’d our wedding in June and kept the party going all night long! After the wedding for weeks when we would see people everyone would remark on how great the DJ was. He does a great job at listening to what you want and also feeling out the crowd. Also at keeping the... Read More keeping the timeline running smoothly. If you are looking for a night of great music and a great professional I would highly recommend hiring Block Rockin’ Beats.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alison K

Tom was a great addition to our wedding! I knew from the moment that we first talked on the phone that he was going to be our DJ. He had a great selection of songs and really understood our vision of wanting to have a big party with a full dance floor! He has been in the... Read More business for a while now and it definitely shows!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Allegra L

We had an absolutely ideal experience with Tom and Block Rockin’ Beats. From the moment we first met with him, it was clear that he’s the kind of DJ who really wants to be in tune with YOU and the kind of atmosphere you want to create. He was an absolute dream to work with, fun... Read More to talk to, incredibly professional, and simply excellent at what he does. My husband and I are both professional musicians and we had ridiculously particular musical requests — we had a long list of specific recordings of big band/jazz standards that we wanted during our cocktail hour and dinner, and we were pretty intense about the dance party playlist we had in mind after dinner, too. Tom could not have been more accommodating. He tracked down exactly what we wanted, even checking in with us on a couple of songs to make sure he had the right version. On the night of the wedding, Tom made sure everything ran like clockwork, kept our guests dancing all night (we got so many compliments on how fantastic he was), and even took the time to get cocktails for us when we first sat down at the reception. I just can’t say enough about him. Hire him — you won’t regret it!

Reviewed on 5/10/2017 Amber B

Our main goal at our wedding was to showcase who we are as a couple and for everyone to have fun. Tom was essential to both of those! He met all of our quirky requests without a problem and also kept the dance floor packed. From the first song to the last the dance floor was... Read More constantly full. We've received so many compliments about our reception, even our friends parents have reached out to tell us how much fun they had. Tom is definitely to thank for that!

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Teri P

We got so many compliments about the music at our wedding. It was all Tom's doing! We gave him an idea of what we liked (and didn't) and he took it from there. Tom really knows how to work the room, when to play slow songs, when to speed it up, and what's going to get people out... Read More on the dance floor. Tom also did a great setting up the mic for our ceremony. He's a wedding expert and has great connections with other vendors.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Pat W

I can't imagine a better DJ than Tom. He was so easy to work with and so accommodating. He had the dance floor full all night at our daughter's wedding reception. He worked so well with all of the other vendors that we didn't have to do anything except enjoy the evening... and... Read More that we did. I would HIGHLY recommend Block Rockin' Beats. Tom is a great value and a great person! He will work hard to make your event special!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Jessica P

First: HIRE TOM AS YOUR DJ! But I mean really, our dance floor was packed the entire night, he was by far one of the best decisions we made! He made ALL of our requests happen, even the Disney music when dinner was served. He was super easy to work with, and get ahold of, and... Read More was just a great guy. The guests all have raved about our music. If you didn't hear it earlier: don't think, just HIRE TOM!!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Catherine M

Tom is a total joy to work with! From communication, to planning, to perfect execution of the evening, he is absolutely one of the best vendors (top 2) we worked with during the entire wedding planning process. At midnight the night before our wedding he was the last person... Read More I contacted -- asking him to add in a song my partner wanted ... he responded right away and included it during the wedding evening. Communication was perfect and quick during the entire planning process. I (bride) have some strange musical preferences. He got me right away, spot on. He brought me vintage versions of my favorite artist (Tori Amos) during one of our in-person meetings. Music is personal and he gets that. He kept the night flowing. Our guests had an amazing time. The dance floor was never empty, always packed. It went by way too quickly but was so much fun and totally perfect. So I'm using my own ratings since there are so many choices on these sites (note, I was planning this STL wedding from Seattle): Communication - Perfect Ability/ ease of paying/ contracting - Perfect Execution of crazy bride ideas - Perfect Value - For what he delivered and importance of a DJ, I don't think we paid him enough On top of it all, I really like Tom, he's just a good guy. We really enjoyed working with him and cannot say enough nice things about him. Stop reading and go hire him!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Emily N

Our wedding was this past October and we couldn't have been happier with Tom. Our dance floor was packed for almost the entire reharsal. Tom played a great mix of music styles so that our parents' friends and grandparents had opportunities to dance as well. He made sure that... Read More everything went smoothly and coordinated with our photographer to make sure everything went the way we wanted, we didn't have to worry about a thing. Tom really made our reception everything we hoped it would be and even before the night was over we had people asking for his information so that they could have him at their wedding. I would highly recommend Block Rockin Beats.

Made Our Reception!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Jacque E

Tom was a referral from our photographer, Cary Klein and we couldn't have been happier! He had an excellent selections of songs to choose from and great suggestions. He kept our dance floor packed all night long and everyone had an amazing time dancing the night away! He made... Read More our reception the party we wanted it to be. The reception ran so smoothly and he made wedding planning a breeze! His experience shows through, excellent DJ.

Tom is the best

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Christine G

Tom was the best DJ we could have imagined for our reception. The dance floor was full all night long! He's been doing this for 17 years and it shows. Everyone had the best time and Tom had a huge part in that! Highly recommend!!!

Tom is the best!

Reviewed on 9/07/2015 Melissa S

Tom was so great to work with and kept the party going all night long. We clicked instantly with him at our first meeting and knew he would be the perfect DJ for us. He really took time to get to know us as a couple and what we envisioned for our reception. We met with him twice... Read More and stayed in contact with him throughout the whole planning process. He had awesome song lists for us to go through and pick out songs we wanted played and songs we didn't. From those lists, he got a good idea of what we wanted - a mix of classic oldies and new songs. He could not have done a better job mixing up the songs, reading the crowd and keeping people dancing all night long. The dance floor was PACKED all night and I couldn't believe how many people were still dancing when the reception ended at midnight. It is exactly what we wanted - lots of fun and dancing!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2015 Jaclyn S

Tom was our DJ for our wedding in November and was absolutely fantastic! He was great to work with ahead of time and helped us put a plan in place for the night! In addition, not only did he play great music that kept the dance floor full all night but he organized and kept the... Read More reception moving while working with our other vendors to ensure a perfect evening! We didn't have to worry about a thing! We have received SO many compliments from all our guests. This guy is the BEST!

This Guy Is GREAT!!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2015 Tim C

He spun great tunes all night!! He delivered everything promised and then some. He reads the crowd and gets everyone moving!!

Outstanding--You can't go wrong!

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 Jessica W

Tom of BRB is unlike any other event DJ we’d ever encountered, and we knew shortly after meeting him for the first time that he was a perfect fit for us. Laid back, knowledgeable without being showy, and most of all engaged in making the event “yours”, Tom lets you know right... Read More away that he’s there to help you make your event feel like you. We’re pretty particular about our music, and he worked entirely within the confines of our instructions while also combining and ordering songs in a way that read the crowd and kept the party going. We selected almost every song (or artist) on the playlist, and he had no problem tracking down even relatively obscure tracks and, in one instance, even editing the song to remove a section that we didn’t want to hear. He is highly amenable to taking or deflecting requests, depending on your preference. If you absolutely do *not* want to hear certain songs, he’ll handle an audience request for that song gracefully. The staff at our venue commented that they hadn’t seen a dance party that happening in a long while. We did not realize until our wedding that the DJ is the person who is most responsible for making sure that the event runs smoothly and on schedule, so that there is ample time for dancing and partying after all the other typical wedding events (bouquet toss, toasts, dances, etc.). Tom did an amazing job at keeping everything on schedule very smoothly. We cannot recommend him highly enough.

Tom is AMAZING!

Reviewed on 6/24/2014 Ashley R

Tom was seriously so awesome. He kept our guests dancing all night, and we had SO much fun. He's not a loud, obnoxious, in your face DJ - he just announces what's supposed to be announced, plays what you want played, and reads the crowd (also, when you ask him not to play... Read More something, he doesn't...even if your well meaning bridesmaids request it ;) ). He's a great modern DJ, with no tacky sign advertising his services. A lot of our guests have told us our wedding was the most fun they had been to, and we think Tom is a BIG part of that! He was worth every penny of his fee, and then some!

Great DJ!

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Jessie

Tom was wonderful at our wedding. He was easy to work with while picking the traditional music to play, as well as reading the crowd for dancing later in the night. He had every person on the dance floor, young to old. It has been over 4 months since, and I am still getting... Read More comments from friends and family on how "That was the most fun I've had at a wedding-EVER!" I do credit my crazy family a tad - but if you are "fun" people you cannot go wrong with Tom! A couple friends have asked for referrals because they now want to have Block Rockin Beats at their wedding too!

Great at Reading a Room

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Elizabeth D

Tom was fantastic to work with. He got a read on me and my fiancee right away and could tell exactly what we would want - and more importantly what we didn't want! he was respectful and accomodating of all of our requests, and did a great job with the other music. We left a... Read More lot to his discretion with some general guideline. He read the room and was able to keep our party of 100 very diverse guests happy and dancing all night long!

Awesome DJ, could not have been better

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Megan H

Tom Rotter was one of our favorite vendors. When you book him as your DJ, you are booking HIM, not somebody in a larger company - and he makes sure to take the time to get to know your personality and your preferences. He is a funny guy and did a great job leading the schedule... Read More of events during our reception in a laid-back, classy way. Tom is incredibly easy to work with, super responsive to emails and really organized. He took the time to get to know us and it was really reflected in the music throughout the night. Just book Tom and let him do his thing - he will pick the right songs to get everybody dancing and you won't be disappointed!

Block Rockin' Beats has personalized service

Reviewed on 10/09/2011 Carrie G

I found Block Rockin' Beats through the suggestion of another DJ, who worked my friend's wedding. We met with Tom, the guy who runs the DJ service, directly, and he kept in email contact w/ me throughout the contact of the wedding. He spent a lot of time talking w/ my... Read More now-husband and me, about our tastes, about the wedding, and about music in general. Tom was always very easy to get in touch with, VERY easy to get along with, and made the not only the planning, but the wedding day a lot easier to handle. He organized the reception well, and was in contact w/ the groom and myself to keep things running smoothly, make sure everything was okay. He adhered to our do-not-play list, which was very important! One of the things I was most impressed with was that Tom listened to us--it is obvious he loves music (much like my husband and I do) and based on our tastes, he pulled a couple of surprises out during the reception that surprised me in a good way. "Oh my god, I LOVE that song!" We had many guests come up to us and compliment the music in much the same way. I felt like Tom really cared about what he was doing, and that it wasn't just a JOB or a chore for him. Five stars!

DJ

Reviewed on 10/01/2011 Jennifer M

Tom was fantastic!! He played the music we wanted to hear. We wanted a party and he gave us an amazing soundtrack to party to!!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 Liz H

Tom is awesome! He surpassed our expectations for a DJ. Most of our music (ceremony & reception) was very non traditional. Tom was fine with that and took the list I provided seriously. Someone requested a song on the do not play list. Instead of telling them no, he came and... Read More asked if we didn't mind. He went way above and beyond a traditional wedding DJ. We has some rain towards the end of our reception and Tom moved all his equipment so we could keep the party going. Whatever you want from a DJ, Tom can do it. Of all our vendors, he responded to communication the fastest. I will def use him again and refer him to my friends and family. Thank you sooo much, Tom!! You made our day.

great dj!

Reviewed on 7/09/2011 Molly S

Tom Rotter, the DJ, was awesome. He was really helpful, friendly, and reliable. We picked a lot of what music we wanted, and he supplemented it wonderfully. The last few hours of our wedding was an awesome dance party, and Tom kept the party going!