After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Music

Newport, RI New England (401) 864-5941

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jillian H

If you want incredible music at your wedding and a talented and fun-loving band... look no further. Blockhead is the AMAZING and is by far one the best bands our there. They were the highlight of our wedding and all of our guests are still talking about what a phenomenal band... Read More they are, and keep asking me where I found them! The truth is- my mom and I booked Blockhead last March for my wedding this July after hearing them play one set. We knew from the first time we heard them play that they were awesome and we had to have them play at my wedding if they were available. My, now husband, was a little taken back that I did not consult him because he loves music and is very particular. He saw the band earlier this year and fell in love with their ability to play his type of music perfectly, 70's rock, as well as my type of music- country and hits. At our wedding they were on point. They were able to play such a wide variety of music and each and every song sounded perfect! They even let my husband sing a Guns and Roses song- his favorite- that night - which was so thoughtful and special. Before the wedding John Erickson, one of the band members, was extremely professional, easy to work with, and helpful. He made sure we had everything we needed and helped us plan all the music for our big day- from the processional at the ceremony to the hits on the dance floor. The band played acoustic during out cocktail hour and dinner, which was so elegant and beautiful and really kicked it up a few notches to get the dance party going after dinner! They also did a great job with the introductions and traditional dances. We knew the band and music was fantastic because people of all ages were killing it all night on the dance floor and were having a great time. I look forward to going to see Blockhead again in RI or MA and we would definitely recommend that have them at your wedding- you will not be disappointed- they are the best!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Bryan M

We hired Blockhead for our wedding at The Towers in Narragansett, and they were the talk of the wedding! From start to finish, nothing but professionalism. John played an acoustic song for us to walk down the isle, which was PERFECT! Also, the acoustic set on the courtyard... Read More was amazing! The introductions and toast were fantastic as well. As for the the rest of the evening, WOW! The dance floor was jumping, and for the non dancers is was like attending a concert. Not only would I hire them again, but I would go to see them perform locally. Again, they were a hit as entertainers, as well as professionals when it came to all the little details of making the wedding a night to remember. Finally, numerous guests commented on the band and their performance. Many stated they were one of the best bands they have seen perform at a wedding!

Perfect for our ceremony!

Reviewed on 8/22/2015 Amy L

We had hired a DJ previous to meeting John Erickson at Blockhead, so didn't have the opportunity to have the entire band there that evening. However, we did have John on a guitar playing during our ceremony. Our venue had really strict regulations on ceremony music and John was... Read More able to work with them while ensuring the music really set the stage for the event. His voice is AMAZING and our guests really enjoyed listening to him play acoustic. He was able to accommodate any song we asked for and even gave great suggestions and ideas when we didn't have any in mind. With John and the head, I'm sure the entire band will be just as amazing!

Fun for young and old!

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Christine F

Blockhead was the highlight of our wedding. They went with the flow when we had to make a last minute change on the cocktail hour location, were so professional and helpful when I didn't know what order I had set up for intros, and accommodated all of my crazy requests! They... Read More played a special song for the groom and kept the party going all night. Parents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and friends all loved them from start o finish, highly recommend!

Amazing band!

Reviewed on 8/16/2012 Kyla M

This band was everything we hoped for and more! They play a great variety of music and do it well. They learned our first dance song in only a couple days and did amazing with it. I didn't stop dancing my entire wedding and everyone loved them!

2012-08-24T10:18:28 Response from the vendor

Kyla, thank you so much!!!!