This is long - but it was incredibly challenging to accurately describe how much I enjoyed working with Katie at Bloom52! I did my best to break it down into two parts:
1. Katie was prepared before I was even prepared: my we...
dding was more of an elopement, very small and non-traditional, located in the Boston Public Garden. I had a vague vision of a bridal bouquet and a few small arrangements for some family members to hold that incorporated a range of dusty pink and ivory hues – other than that, I honestly had no idea what I wanted! Katie knew all the right questions to ask and immediately had several ideas with examples to view. She made our conversation so personalized and completely set my mind at ease: “How about this [size, shape, color],” and “do you like this style, or would you prefer it be [lighter, darker, taller, shorter].” She took notes about every detail and provided the most amazing guidance when I was unsure.
2. Incredibly transparent pricing: Following our meeting, Katie sent over the most beautiful, personalized, pricing sheet that included the examples of everything we discussed during our initial meeting. This allowed us the most stress-free ability to take a few days to figure out what we wanted to include, while knowing the exact costs.
3. The day of the ceremony: Katie arrived early at the hotel where we were getting ready and had all of the arrangements set-up and ready to go. She then took the time to help secure the flower combs for my sister and I, before meeting up with the guys to secure their boutonnieres (avoiding all assumed jacket mishaps had she not been there to help).
1. Katie took my vague ideas and color schemes and turn them into the most extraordinary arrangements; she hand selected every single flower with so much thought and the most incredible eye!
2. The quality was unbelievable – I don’t believe my husband has ever commented on flowers, but the moment our ceremony ended he whispered, “those flowers are AMAZING!” I feel like that could be a review in itself.
3. Knowing that I was a non-traditional bride, Katie recognized that I wasn’t considering several things – the best example was the hair comb: she knew that I wanted to keep my hair simple and down, but also that I wasn’t sure about accessories. So she shared a few examples of different styles and past combs she created, just to see if it would be something I’d be interested in. Looking back, the floral comb is one of my absolute favorite parts of my wedding look and I am so appreciative that Katie thought to bring it up as an idea!
Overall, I can’t recommend working with Bloom52 enough. The entire experience was so, incredibly, positive from start to finish. Also! I have to mention that Katie is a former art educator in the Boston Public Schools; when you work with her, a portion of your purchase goes directly toward supplying Boston art classrooms with new supplies and materials. Living and getting married in downtown Boston, we loved knowing that choosing Bloom52 as a vendor would result in supporting such a great cause in our community.