Blu Photography & Design LLC.

I have many different wedding/engagement packages to choose from. Packages starting at $1775 and up. Options include Memory books, custom USB's with printing rights, canvases, 2nd Photographer, Photobooth (with actual printed strips), Engagement Sessions. Packages can be customized based on client needs!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

Day After Session, Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

423 Margarette St, Lake Mills, WI (608) 604-0850

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Amber H

Katie is fabulous and I feel so fortunate to have worked with her over the years. Katie was nothing but accommodating when it came to anything including engagement pictures and working around the weather to last minute details on the big day! I have to give credit to Katie for... Read More being the only one to keep my sane on our wedding day! We had spent hours scoping out the perfect spots to take pictures for the big day just to find the day of that our (maybe a little too rustic) barn had completely collapsed! Katie kept her, and my cool and found something equally as beautiful right down the road to take pictures. Fast forward 1.5 years and she was the first person I contacted when we wanted family pictures when our beloved dog was diagnosed with cancer. She made that day just as memorable as our wedding day and shared both laughter and tears with us. I truly cannot explain how grateful I am that we were able to find Katie for our wedding. She treats each couple as more than clients and is passionate about her pictures and career!

2017-10-19T11:44:42 Response from the vendor

Stop, you made me cry!!!! You guys are definitely more than clients now! I'm so glad you chose me then, and that I've been able to see you year after year. <3

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Sarah S

Katie not only does a phenomenal job but is so fantastic to work with! After seeing her work at our friend's wedding we knew she was the perfect photographer for us. During our engagement photo shoot she helped us scope out awesome locations and made us feel so comfortable.... Read More Leading up to our wedding day she promptly answered all my questions, calmed all my fears, and came a couple days before to finalize the details in person. On our wedding day she kept her calm through all the crazy and still managed to capture the most amazing pictures. Katie is so personable and really gets to know her clients which makes her so fantastic to work with. Looking through our photos she was able to capture everything so perfectly, from our emotions to all the little details. In addition to working with her on our wedding day I also worked with Katie on a boudoir photo shoot as a wedding present for my husband. I definitely was nervous before we started but Katie made everything so relaxed and even met with me afterwards to let me assist in designing the book. In the future, she definitely is the first person we would contact for all of our photos.

2017-10-22T20:24:48 Response from the vendor

Sarah, you are AMAZING. Thank you so much! I can't wait to work/see you two again, and meet that puppy!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Sami C

Katie has exceeded our expectations! She is a pro when it comes to capturing candid moments and going with the flow. But not only was she professional and accommodating to our requests, she went above and beyond her duties when she stayed over her contractual time to make sure... Read More she captured our surprise gift from my mom-in-law. The UW marching band was suppose to come at 8:30pm but didn't show up until after 9:15, and Katie didn't hesitate to wait around until they arrived. In all honesty, I couldn't imagine a more perfect photographer.

2017-10-05T21:22:01 Response from the vendor

I wouldn't have missed the band!!! Your wedding was beautiful, thank you so much for letting me be a part of it!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Jenny S

I am so happy we choose Blu Photography for our engagement/wedding photography. Katie did a great job at capturing our special moments and at such a reasonable price point! I was also extremely happy with the turnaround time. She was able to get us our entire wedding album to... Read More view in less than 3 weeks even during her busiest season! That meant a lot to me. I hope to work with her more in the future!

2017-10-25T22:52:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review Jenny!!! Come find me anytime for future shoots :)

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Joy S

Katie was so amazing to work with! We chose Blu Photography for our engagement and wedding photos and could not be happier with how they turned out! Katie was wonderful to have on our wedding day and really made my husband and I feel at ease in front of the camera! I would... Read More definitely recommend her to family and friends! Thanks again Katie!

2017-10-17T14:34:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Joy!!! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to write this!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Maegan M

Katie is seriously amazing! We chose Katie because we had seen her work with one of our friends’ weddings a couple years ago and loved their photos, and in addition, her prices were very reasonable. We are so glad we made the choice to have her as our wedding photographer!!!... Read More Right from the start with our Engagement shoot, Katie made me and my husband (and our energetic dog) feel comfortable in front of the camera, and the pictures turned out awesome!! We received tons of compliments just from the engagement pics, and even more compliments from the wedding photos! The day of our wedding Katie was so calm and easygoing. She knew exactly the shots I wanted and made sure she got all of them :) We are SO happy with how our pictures turned out and could not have asked for a better person to capture our special day!! Bob also did a great job assisting Katie and getting some awesome candids throughout the day. Leading up to the wedding, Katie was super responsive and helpful, answering all my random questions. Thank you Katie and Blu Photography!!! We will definitely recommend to others and would love to work with you again in the future for other photography needs ;)

2017-10-17T14:35:24 Response from the vendor

Wow thank you Maegan!!! It helps me when the couple is so sweet <3

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Scott M

Katie was great to work with. She was easy to communicate with by e-mail (and responsive), which was very useful throughout our wedding planning. Most of all, she was easy-going and it felt like it would be easy to spend a day with her, and I think she made me and my wife feel... Read More very comfortable while being photographed. She was very willing to walk around downtown Madison for both our engagement and wedding photos. She was willing to be flexible with our pictures, but also provided some guidance when we needed it. We came away very pleased with the quality (and quantity) of the photos! =) We highly recommend!

2017-10-16T17:12:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Angela & Scott!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Sarah B

Katie was amazing to work with! Whether it was her extremely prompt communication before the wedding, being so helpful and calm and organized the day of the wedding or the fact that she got each picture we wanted and perfectly, she was the BEST choice! Each time I look through... Read More our photos, I'm immediately taken back to the day and am filled with the love I felt. Thank you Katie! We will treasure our photos forever and will forever be appreciative!

2017-10-15T17:07:42 Response from the vendor

AWE! Sarah, thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Meghan T

Katie is seriously the best; I don’t know where to start! It was so overwhelming trying to pick out a photographer and we ended up choosing Katie based on her portfolio and the fact that it felt like we could hang out with her all day from the first time we met. She was very... Read More responsive in communication from the start and all the way leading up to our wedding day. We did engagement photos with her as well as our wedding day and could not be happier. Katie provided so much advice and help when needed as well as was open to any of our opinions and ideas! She was the perfect balance of professional as well as fun and flexible. She also worked seamlessly with our other vendors. Both our engagement and wedding photos were ready much faster than we had expected. It’s been two months since our wedding and we are still choosing our wedding photos because they are all so perfect we can’t decide. You will not be disappointed with Katie and we will definitely be using her/Blu Photography and Design in the future! Thank you Katie!

2017-10-05T14:42:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you Meghan & Ryan!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 James B

We could not have asked for a better photographer for our wedding! Katie went above and beyond our expectations. The pictures turned out amazing. We will not go to anyone else for pictures in the future. Thank you Katie and Blu Photography & Design LLC.

2017-10-04T16:37:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review!!!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Rebecca M

Katie is a great photographer. She was awesome at making us feel comfortable for photos (both at engagement session and at the wedding). She's super easy-going but on top of everything which was exactly what I wanted in a photographer. Her prices were more reasonable than others... Read More I saw--- and the photos are all beautiful. Would highly recommend Blu Photography and Katie!

2017-07-18T09:49:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Becca! I loved the details of your dress and your decorations were phenomenal!! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 JENNA H

My husband and I were lucky to have Katie and her brother Bob. They were friendly, helpful and an awesome pair to capture our special day. I couldn't ask for a better photographer capturing the moments that help us relive our special day.

2016-10-26T19:08:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking time to give us feedback! Hopefully I'll be able to work with the two of you again in the future!!!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Kylie K

My husband and I could not have been happier with our decision to have Katie capture our special day. She took the most amazing pictures and was very comfortable work with. Definitely worth every penny! Best photographer in the Midwest!

2016-07-04T15:13:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kylie & Matt!!!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Val B

Katie did a fantastic job with our photos. She was creative and very professional. I was impressed with how she was able to capture the little moments you forget about until you go through the photos. Additionally, the photo booth she offered was totally worth the money.... Read More Everyone really had a lot of fun with it. Some of the best and my favorite guest pictures came from the photo booth. Would definitely recommend!!!

2016-06-30T20:26:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you Val! I had a blast going through the images from the Photobooth, your guests didn't disappoint.

Reviewed on 2/16/2016 Jenna L

Working with Katie was an absolute delight! We were working on a very short time frame & she was still able to accommodate us & was very attentive to those needs. We had a completely offbeat wedding- our theme was "beauty & the geek"- and Katie really captured all the... Read More playfulness of our day as well as our unique personalities!

Great Quality and Great Service

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Lindsey L

We absolutely loved working with Blu Photography and Design! Katie is very friendly and easy to work with. We did our engagement and wedding pictures through her and we loved all of our pictures. Our pictures were ready for us in a very short period of time, so it was even... Read More better that we didn't have to wait. I would recommend Blu Photography to anyone and everyone! Thank you, Katie!

2016-01-18T10:58:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you Mrs. Ryan! :)

Amazing pictures!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

Blu Photography did a wonderful job with our engagement and wedding pictures. Not only were the pictures gorgeous but she went above and beyond to ensure we had an amazing experience. She even took the time to scope out our venue in Milwaukee to pre-plan what areas would look... Read More best for the pictures for the wedding. If you are looking for an extraordinary experience, we would recommend Blu Photography!

2014-10-11T19:06:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Megan & Bryan! It's easy to capture a wedding like yours, beautiful venue, location, couple, and everything was planned so perfectly.

Best Professional Photographer I've Worked With!

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Marissa M

Katie/Blu Photography was great to work with! Katie truly captured our wedding day perfectly. Our wedding party and friends had a blast with all the photos. It was wonderful having Katie incorporate our ideas and our wedding party's ideas with hers. The photos ALL turned out... Read More amazing, we all had so much fun, and it was a great value! Quick turnaround time and a fabulous experience with engagement photos and wedding photos!!

2014-10-11T19:03:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback Marissa! It always makes my day to know that I made a bride and groom happy!

Capturing Moments That Last a Lifetime

Reviewed on 8/19/2014 Katie H

I cannot say enough about Katie and Blu Photography! We have so many amazing moments that she captured on our wedding day that we will treasure forever. Our pictures are also very unique to our personalities. She was wonderful to work with for everything from beginning to end-... Read More engagement pics, wedding day lay out, wedding pictures, and getting prints of all those special moments! Katie has a very unique gift and has an amazing personality. She did a great job helping us corral our large wedding party. The quality of Blu Photography's pictures is simply stunning. The turnaround time is also very efficient! I would highly recommend Blu Photgraphy!

2014-10-11T19:04:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you Katie! You and Spencer were a blast to work with!!!! And so was your wedding party!

Katie Trumm

Katie and her husband Josh started this business in 2010 as a side profession while she was working full-time. As she built up her clientele, she became busy enough that working, family and business were becoming too much. After some financial consideration and market research by she and her husband, they decided to make this a part time passion into Katie's full time career. Katie graduated from the University of Platteville with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and a minor in photography. We do a minimum of 20-25 weddings per year, as many as 35.