Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

33 Whiting Street, Plainville, CT (860) 410-4292

Great Taste, Lacking Luster

Reviewed on 12/15/2014 Keri R

I went to Bolo after having a few of their cakes at different weddings, and parties. Each cake tasted delicious and looked amazing. I thought my cake would be the same; however, upon arrival, my cake fell short of my expectations for its looks. The fondant exterior looked... Read More weighty for the additional decorations. For example, the fondant lace on the bottom layer was very think and looked too heavy due to it. I was under the impression that the detail and design would have been painted on to give it a flat look. However this fell short. For its price, I expected more.

Beautiful, delicious wedding cake!

Reviewed on 12/26/2012 Jacqui M

Christina from Bolo was excellent to work with. The cake looked exactly like the picture I gave them. They coordinated with my florist for additional decorations. Most importantly, all of our guests said the cake tasted amazing!! Very easy to work with and very reasonable... Read More pricing. I would highly recommend Bolo!

Great!

Reviewed on 11/03/2012 Amanda S

My husband and I only needed a ceremonial cake for our wedding. Bolo did a great job creating a cake that was even better than our vision that tasted delicious. It was also very reasonably priced.

beautiful cake!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2012 Christine F

I had shown the people from Bolo picture of the cake I wanted. When I got to my reception, the cake looked EXACTLY like the picture! The cake was delicious and moist! I have ordered from them plenty of times before, they are always delicious. The price was great and the people... Read More are so nice!

Bolo Bakery

Reviewed on 8/30/2012 Alison V

We had cupcakes instead of a cake. Everyone said that all the flavors that we had were awesome. I should have ordered more chocolate but that was my fault. We had lemon, coconut, chocolate, cherry nut and vanilla with a raspberry mousse.

Great local bakery!

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Stephanie M

This bakery was easy to work with and reasonable priced. The cake is amazing! We continue to use them for other special occasion cakes!