Where Romance & Fun Meet in San Diego

Bonita Golf Course offers a versatile ceremony and reception venue where elegance and comfort are seamlessly merged. Located just miles from downtown, BGC brings emerald fairways and champagne toasts to you with style and attention to detail. Our newly- renovated reception venue, surrounded by a picturesque view of mountains and mountainous views, makes BGC the ideal location for every event. Accommodations up to 300 guests with a lush manicured outdoor ceremony site located just outside the contemporary ballroom.

Ballroom, Country Club, Garden, Mountain, Restaurant, Trees

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Se Habla Español, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alexis M

Absolutely amazing venue! Lauren was so great at responding to any and all of my questions. She was very patient and did everything she could to accomodate us for our big day. The food is great too! That was one of the main things guests said they loved about our wedding :)... Read More Great location, great food, great service & staff. There is nothing else we could have asked for. Thank you so much BGC and Lauren for making our special day even more wonderful!

2017-10-20T11:24:19 Response from the vendor

We love this, Alexis! Thank you for choosing BGC to host your special day!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Nermin F

Just had my wedding here in December, and it was amazing! As an avid golfer I asked my husband (then fiancé) which golf course he likes the best he said BGC, and that was it! The venue is great, and the outside ceremony space is beautiful. A huge thank you to Lauren for all her... Read More help and planning. Even noted sunset time the day of the wedding so that we would maximize time for the ceremony. She was also helpful in recommending other services to us. Also, service all-around was great. From the servers to the bartenders. And the chef! The food was amazing! Definitely recommend BGC for your wedding, or any event.

2018-01-19T12:47:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Nermin! We were honored to be a part of your special day. We wish you the best! -BGC

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Alexis U

I had my wedding ceremony and reception here in April and it was amazing. First off, Lauren is very great to work with! I had so many updates and changes on guests etc and she worked so well with me to get it fixed! Lauren helped so much, she is very sweet! The ceremony was held... Read More on the golf course and it was simply beautiful and amazing! I loved that the venue also came with linens and they set up prior in time for my auntie to come in and add my centerpieces! The waiters and waitresses were also very nice and the food was AMAZING! I will definitely recommend this venue for wedding ceremony, reception, and other events you may plan on having!

2017-10-23T16:03:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Alexis! We're thrilled that your wedding was a success with us. We appreciate your business and wish you the best! -BGC

Reviewed on 4/24/2018 Alejandro C

We just had our wedding venue this month and it was amazing! Lauren was so great at responding to all of our questions and very patient. She was very helpful and listened to any changes we had to make, from the beginning until the end. The main things guests said they loved... Read More about our wedding was great location, great food, great service & staff. Thank you so much BGC and Lauren for making our special day a very memorable one! We would highly recommend this place. Love it!

Reviewed on 3/22/2018 Pat D

What a spectacular venue! The only thing better than the venue is the staff and how amazingly professional and helpful they all are. Lauren seemed like she worked 24/7 to make sure everything was perfect and went off without a hitch. Leading up to the day she worked tirelessly... Read More to make planning seem like it went too easy for us. She is a consummate professional and will do whatever it takes to ensure your special day is PERFECT!!! I'm still getting compliments on our menu choice, and all the credit goes to Joe and his staff! Such a diverse menu to choose from and there truly is no bad option! Whether you need Vegan/Gluten Free/ Vegetarian options, this place has it all covered. 11/10 stars from me!

2018-03-23T11:28:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words, Pat! We're thrilled to hear that you had such a positive experience at BGC. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed on 3/12/2018 Drew L

This place is fantastic! We could not have been happier. Everything from the food, drinks, setting and exceptional service was just what we asked for. We were truly impressed— Lauren and the rest of the crew were amazingly accommodating. If you're planning an event, give BGC a... Read More call— you will certainly not regret it!

2018-03-13T12:58:29 Response from the vendor

We really appreciate your feedback, Drew! So glad to hear you had a positive experience with us. Come see us again soon! -BGC

Reviewed on 2/06/2018 Lindsey C

I had my bridal shower here in January, we had about 75 people. We worked with Lauren (event manager), she was so responsive, flexible and a pleasure to work with. Pricing and fees were exactly as quoted. The catering staff was quick to serve and refill the champagne bar. If we... Read More asked for anything they were happy to accommodate us. The party was running behind schedule, they were wiling to work with us. All of the guests were pleased with the venue, view of the golf course and the large space available. This venue offers many options, and overall really help make your event turn out as you envisioned. I highly recommend the BGC you wont be disappointed!

2018-02-07T17:11:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We wish you the best. - BGC

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Nermin F

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Mary Z

From our first visit, we loved the beautiful venue, delicious food and friendly staff. Clayton and Lauren took care of every detail and ensured our daughter's wedding day was exactly as she envisioned it...and it was even better. Lauren made sure everything ran smoothly... Read More including accommodating last minute guest arrivals. The food was an important part of choosing this venue and I can't rave enough about how delicious it was. Kudos to the Chef! I will definitely keep BGC at the top of our list for future family events. They helped make the day perfect!

2017-11-10T14:42:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Mary! We're thrilled to have been a part of your daughter's special day. Come visit us again soon! - BGC

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lera D

I want to thank Lauren and the BGC staff for their professionalism and for being very accommodating on making my day very special. I recommend BGC for your wedding and/or for any festive event. I will definitely tell my friends and family. Thank you again BGC

2017-11-10T14:43:20 Response from the vendor

Our pleasure, Lera! We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your marriage!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017

Lauren and bgc staff are amazing. I recently had my wedding there and enjoyed every moment of it. From day one when I booked the wedding til the very end Lauren was always on it and responded quickly. It is such a beautiful and amazing place to have any type of event. Best thing... Read More and most important for events is the food and omg the food is delicious!! You will have a great and easy experience. Love that place.

2017-10-25T15:37:54 Response from the vendor

We're honored to have been a part of your special day! Thank you so much for your kind words. We wish you the best! -BGC

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Audrey O

I Had my wedding here in May and it was absolutely perfect! The food, staff, and space was amazing! Lauren was awesome and so easy to work with. She made sure that everything would run smoothly so that myself and guests could enjoy the reception!

2017-10-23T14:58:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Audrey! We're glad you had a positive experience with us and we wish you the best. -BGC

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 John S

Lauren and the staff at BGC are ever so accommodating. My wife and I had a wonderful time celebrating our marriage with our family and friends at BGC’s event hall. The staff are very professional and were extremely courteous and flexible when it came to fulfilling our needs on... Read More our special day. Leading up to our wedding, Lauren was very communicative and responsive when it came to questions and changes we needed for the big day. The back drop of the golf course made for wonderful pictures and the attentiveness of the staff made it easy for us to flourish happily on quite a hectic day. The room was set up to our specifications, with a minor missing of high chairs, but we survived that little mishap. As structured as a wedding is, we did have a few last minute changes and the staff were all smiles and accommodating when we made the requests. We had early access to the venue to set up the tables, and center pieces, and the staff made themselves readily available for assistance if needed. I can’t say enough about BGC’s courtesy and professionalism. I will recommend them to all who inquire or have a need for a wonderful, elegant, cost efficient, and memorable event hall. Thank you all at BGC for making our day that much more special.

2017-10-13T13:33:48 Response from the vendor

We're thrilled to have been a part of your special day, John! Thank you for your feedback. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Mayra M

I had my daughters Quinceañera here, at BGC on June 17, 2017 and I was extremely satisfied with Lauren and her staff, they were all attentive, the banquet hall had upgrades which were beautiful and made the decor look amazing, the food was delicious, had an open bar and all my... Read More guest were enjoying the fact that they created all types of mixed drinks, the staff kept me updated which helped me stay in budget and made it easy to enjoy my daughters party. I will definitely be having my youngest daughter’s event here. Thanks BGC!!!

2017-10-12T12:04:40 Response from the vendor

We're so glad to hear this, Mayra! Looking forward to another great event in the future. See you soon! -BGC

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Chelsey G

Recently went to a wedding here and was wowed by the event overall. The food was amazing, the service staff was friendly, and the venue was beautiful. I would definitely recommend this venue from a guest perspective-- we had a blast!

2017-09-19T16:53:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback, Chelsey! We're so glad you had a memorable experience at BGC. Come see us again soon!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Mizi S

JC and I had a very memorable wedding at Bonita Golf Course last June 11, 2017. Everybody loved the ceremony site and enjoyed the delicious food they served. The newly renovated banquet hall was also perfect for our wedding reception and all of our guests had fun. Lauren and the... Read More whole BGC team were very helpful before, during and even after the wedding. Great venue, delicious food and friendly staff. We are thankful to BGC for helping us have a beautiful wedding. I highly recommend this venue ;)

2017-06-29T15:58:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Mizi! We're so glad to hear you had a memorable experience with us. We wish you the best!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Amanda S

Bonita Golf Course offers a great looking venue (especially after the recent renovations) and the beautiful views of their lush greens make a breathtaking backdrop for ceremonies and photos. The staff is friendly and fun during events and Lauren is helpful and efficient during... Read More the planning process. My favorite thing about the venue is how much customization they offer. You can bring in almost anything you want from different vendors and their food menu options are delicious and affordable. Definitely a venue to consider if you’re looking for something beautiful, versatile and affordable!

2017-06-29T16:00:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Amanda! We appreciate your feedback. Take care! -BGC

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Amber G

Lauren is always available for any meetings or anything you may need which made everything super easy! This is such a great venue and very affordable , everything went smoothly thanks to all the staff at Bonita golf course!

2017-06-15T12:26:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Amber! Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us on your special day. Best of luck to you in your marriage! -BGC

Awesome place, amazing staff!

Reviewed on 4/11/2014 Danielle D

This venue was one of our top picks from the beginning. We were looking for a venue that was accessible and at a reasonable price. We had our dinner reception in the banquet hall and there was no rental fee! We just had to pay for the food which helped us keep the cost down... Read More because their food is affordable and delicious (if you do the buffet, order the steak medium rare so that it's still tender even after sitting on the warmers for a while). Norma was the most amazing person to work with! We felt so welcomed and cared for. She really listens to your needs and has many helpful suggestions and resources. Additional plusses: big parking lot, good sized dance floor, and a beautiful view of the golf course. The only downsides are that you have to provide your own sound vendor, so the DJ has to set up everything himself and provide their own speaker system, you can't just plug in your iPhone somewhere. You also have to provide your own projector if you want to use their screen for a slide show. Other than that, we had an incredible wedding reception and this affordable, beautiful and accommodating venue with great staff! Oh! They also have a bar in the adjacent restaurant! You could give a set amount you want to spend on alcohol instead of just having an open bar which was nice so that we could offer our guests drinks without blowing our budget out of the water.

Excellent Venue

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Chelsea F

This venue was great for our wedding! The price was pretty affordable and the fact that they provide linens, chairs, china place settings, delicious food, and wonderful service made this venue the perfect choice.

Awesome

Reviewed on 1/08/2012 Michelle I

The service and location was perfect for my needs. The price was reasonable and the food was yummy!

Happy

Reviewed on 11/23/2011 chloe m

They always reminded me when I needed to make a payment and were always double checking that everything was how we wanted it. Our wedding was scheduled to be outside on the green but it started raining an hour before the ceremony and didn't stop. So they made sure the reception... Read More room was set up for us to do the ceremony in there. Was very pleased with our waiters they were constantly refilling our waters and seeing if there was anything else they could do. I would highly recommend going with them! Plus we went with the mexican buffet and it was delicous!!!

Beautiful Venue and Great Food!

Reviewed on 5/22/2011 Amanda S

The staff was so helpful and attentive. We never had to ask for our glasses to be refilled. The food was excellent - we went with an Italian buffet. The arching windows overlooking the golf course on a beautiful day. All of my guests keep talking about how beautiful it was... Read More and the excellent food!

Meet The Events Director

Lauren Markey

Graduate of The Ohio State University. Go Bucks! Excited to help make your special day a romantic, fun, and memorable one!