Book Your Wedding with Boston Park Plaza

A BALLROOM IN BOSTON, MA

The Grand Ballroom brings to mind celebrations of centuries past with its theater-style layout and grand stage. Perfect for the sweetheart table, spectacular first-look photos or as the center point to a romantic wedding ceremony, the stage sets the to-be-weds well above the crowd. Ornate balconies overlook the seating and dance floor area of the Grand Ballroom. Accented with gold and heavy brocade curtains, the balconies give photographers the opportunity to capture truly unique photographs of the ceremony and reception.

The Statler Room with its elegant wall sconces and bird's-eye view of the city is a bright and comfortable space for cocktail receptions or simple ceremonies. Carpeted, modern and airy, the Statler Room can be arranged to accommodate small wedding parties with up to about 75 guests.

The Boston Park Plaza contains a variety of attached restaurants and an Irish pub. A complete catering service is housed in the hotel, and an event coordinator is available for each wedding or reception planned at the hotel. Suites and guest rooms are available for the bride and groom along with guests arriving from out of town.

Known for spectacular fresh and local dishes that include seasonal fruits and vegetables, the Boston Park Plaza houses the ultra modern Strip Steakhouse. Catering menus vary depending on the season. Event staff members are available to prepare everything from the catering menu to the table placement to the guest room reservations.

The fantastic service and incredible ballroom at the Boston Park Plaza are definitely perks to keep in mind when seeking an event venue. In addition, the venue is:

• Within steps of Boston Common, the Boston Public Garden and the Boston theater district
  • Known as one of the "haunted" hotels in Boston; fun for theme weddings and adventures

Classic Elegance with a Modern Twist

Celebrate your love in Boston’s Most Beloved iconic ballroom. Your special day deserves an equally special backdrop, and Boston Park Plaza provides an enchanting setting that will transform your wedding into an unforgettable occasion. Whether your party is small and intimate or large and grandiose, we attend to all your personal needs with perfect attention to detail, every step down the aisle.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

50 Park Plaza at Arlington St., Boston, MA (617) 457-7457
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Jaclyn P

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Boston Park Plaza on July 2, 2017 and it was beyond anything we could've asked for. Everything was PERFECT. Everything went so smoothly, food was great, and all of our guests really enjoyed themselves. It was such a pleasure... Read More working with Adrianna through the process. She is so professional, extremely responsive and helped make the process so easy. We would recommend the Park Plaza to anyone as it was the most magical experience of our lives!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Carine S

We had an amazing wedding at the Park Plaza it was like a dream come true! The service was great and everything was on point. Not to mention the ball room is breathtaking!! They set everything up the exact way I wanted. I had last minute changes and they were very helpful with... Read More that. The food was delicious it definitely satisfied our guests! Ask for Adrianna she made everything less stressful for us!! She was ready for anything I asked for. Great experience overall!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Iuliia K

Adrianna was our wedding coordinator at Boston Park Plaza on June 17 2017 and we couldn't be more happy about our decision. She did an amazing job and I'll put 25 stars if I can. Our wedding had over 180 guests, an entertainer, a gospel choir, several Ukrainian traditions and... Read More rituals. My husband and I, both have full time intense jobs, planned everything ourselves in 6 months. You can understand that it was a really short timeline and a lot of back and forth communication between us and Adrianna. Despite all of these she did a brilliant job organizing. I want to highlight that it was ZERO pressure from her, every issue was solved in no time, just positive "can do" attitude. Adrianna is the best!!!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Erin I

We had our wedding at Park Plaza in Fall 2017 and it was AMAZING! The ballroom is absolutely stunning and the service our 180 guests received was top notch for our big day! Special thanks to the planner Adrianna for working alongside us for a year to plan and execute every... Read More detail perfectly. We wanted to customize almost all of our wedding elements and Adrianna helped create a custom menu, donut/dessert display and was essential in almost all of the design aspects such as rental furniture, lounge & SO SO much more! . My husband and I are very grateful we had someone like Adrianna to make our vision come to life! We had our entire wedding on site at Park Plaza (ceremony in Georgian, cocktail in Ballroom B, reception in Grand Ballroom) and a room block for our family and friends. It all worked seamlessly! It also rained on our wedding day and it didn't even matter because not only is the ballroom beyond beautiful but the modern renovations to the hotel gave us endless options for photos. Thank you Park Plaza and Adrianna for making our wedding day incredible!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Erin D

My wife and I did not have our wedding at BPP, but we did have 50 rooms in the hotel for our wedding guests from out of town. The team was helpful in getting good rates, adding more rooms when needed, updating us on changes, and booking suites. The day after brunch was... Read More delicious. It was simple and easy to choose food and it worked for 100 people's differing tastes. The hotel didn't deliver all of our welcome bags, though. Some were delivered late and some were not delivered at all. Also, they never came to clean the bridal suite in between lunch and 2 am so when we got back to the room it smelled like smoked salmon. Not super romantic, but when we called at that time they came right up to get the dishes. Overall, a great experience, just a few missteps.

Reviewed on 4/07/2017 Caitlin M

We had our wedding at Park Plaza in February 2017 and it was fantastic. The venue is stunning and really captures the feeling of old Boston. We did pretty much no decorating and yet our pictures look stunning in the ballroom. It's also right in the heart of Back Bay so its close... Read More to everything for you and your guests. Our contact, Adrianna, did an amazing job of working with us on every detail from the day we first met her to the day of the wedding. I would pick this place over and over and over again.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Megan S

We were so glad we chose the Boston Park Plaza to host our wedding reception! The Imperial Ballroom is just spectacular and the entire hotel has been re-done and updated. We were blown away by the elegance and majesty of the ballroom. There is room for a huge dance floor and we... Read More were introduced for the first time as husband and wife on the ballroom stage! The balconies are also a unique place to look down at all the guests below and throw the bouquet. We really appreciated how much the wedding package included (food, drinks, linens, champagne toast, separate room during cocktail hour for the wedding party, a really nice and spacious hotel suite for two nights etc.). The food was great; there were various hors d’oeuvres options and great entrée options (including vegetarian choices!). Most of all, we cannot express how much we appreciated the kindness, patience, expertise, and experience of Adrianna (the wedding coordinator). She was extremely helpful throughout the entire process and really wanted us to have a memorable night. She knew the reception logistics inside and out, ensuring that we were where we needed to be on time and that everything ran smoothly. It was amazing to have someone we could trust to execute everything on our wedding day so we didn’t have to worry about things like the vendors setting up or arranging the decorations. We have recommended working with Adrianna and the Park Plaza to all of our friends looking to get married in Boston.

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Allyson B

I had the wedding of my dreams this past August, it was absolutely perfect! Adrianna (their wedding planner) is the sweetest and most helpful person you could ask to work with! She was phenomenal! The ball room is breath taking and the food was delicious! There were some... Read More situations with some room reservations being mixed up on the hotels end and my wedding had cranky bar tenders :-( but besides that I would totally recommend The Park Plaza!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Alyssa K

Our wedding at the Park Plaza was one of the most memorable and special days thanks to Adrianna and the rest of the staff at the Park Plaza! The whole weekend was flawless and could not have ran smoother! Everything from the delicious food and the gorgeous ballroom to the flow... Read More of the night was incredible. Adrianna was extremely organized and resourceful, managing our outside vendors and had an answer to every question we had (which were a lot!). The service was amazing and I could not be more thrilled to have gotten married there with the top-notch experience I had! Adrianna and the team went above and beyond to ensure a beautiful night and made it fun for us to plan (as it should be)!!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Katie B

Highly, highly recommended! We got married here in July of 2016. There are so many reasons that put the Boston Park Plaza head and shoulders above the competition: (1) The hotel's extraordinarily attentive wedding planner, Adrianna Avery, was with us every step of the way,... Read More always responsive, always helpful, always organized, always attentive to every detail, never pushy, never frustrated, from the very beginning of the planning process to the night itself. [Boston Park Plaza, give her a raise and don't let her go, she's too good!] (2) The food is spectacular. You have to use their in-house catering, but trust me, you WANT to - it's really, really good. The tasting left me wishing that I could order everything. (3) The actual spaces themselves are jaw-dropping! The adjacent Imperial and Plaza Ballrooms - really their signature spaces - are classic, elegant, and sophisticated; the Imperial Ballroom has built-in LED uplighting on the balcony pillars that they didn't charge us extra to use, and the space is surprisingly flexible. Our wedding had 180 guests, which the Imperial Ballroom easily accommodated, unlike many other hotel ballrooms around Boston, which would have fit but been on the tight side. And the Imperial Ballroom is a pretty flexible space - you can use or not use the balconies (yep, they fit full-size tables), use or not use the space under the balconies, use or not use the stage - there's tons of space, but it doesn't look empty if you're not filling all of it, which is a really neat trick. (4) The bedrooms are beautiful (some are a little small but none are cramped), and the per-night price for wedding room block bedrooms in the hotel is excellent. To have a wedding at any other fancy hotel in Boston, we would have needed to provide a second, cheaper option for out-of-town guests, because other fancy hotels were really too expensive to have asked our wedding guests to book. The Boston Park Plaza is large enough that their room rates aren't off the charts, and it makes everything so much simpler when people can just go upstairs when the night's done. (5) Overall, we couldn't imagine having a better experience anywhere else. Highly, highly recommended.

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Joanna J

HAVE YOUR DREAM WEDDING AT THE PARK PLAZA!!! My wedding day was truly the best day of my life and Adrianna and the Park Plaza are a huge part of why I can say that. I don't know how she does it, but she made me feel like I was the only wedding the Park Plaza had this year. It... Read More was incredible especially since I think there was a wedding there every weekend for months. She was always available and took care of everything immediately. Adrianna made the planning process so easy, which is essential to having a perfect wedding day- I was so relaxed on my wedding day because I knew everything was taken care of and for that I am so grateful. Her suggestions were vital to helping me create the wedding of my dreams. And then when you combine her skill and expertise with an awesome staff, attentive service, incredibly gorgeous take-your-breath-away ballroom, phenomenal food and newly renovated hotel, and you've got the perfect wedding venue. If you want a fairytale "wow" wedding, look no further. I should mention the food again because it was sooooo good! I am dying to have the seabass again. The Park Plaza exceeded all my expectations. I will never be able to thank Adrianna and the Park Plaza enough.

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Megan K

We cannot thank the Park Plaza enough for what was an absolutely perfect day- so cheesy, and so true! We had so, SO much fun, in large part because we simply got to enjoy every minute. Having Adrianna and the Park Plaza staff "run point" on both the day of and everything leading... Read More up to it made this whole process so much more enjoyable than I ever imagined possible. Over the past year, people kept asking me how planning was going, what I still had to do, and how stressed I was. Every time that happened, I thought of Adrianna's smiling face and take-charge attitude that allowed me to remain calm and casual about the whole thing. It was a major reason we booked the Park Plaza in the first place, in addition to the gorgeous renovations of the entire building. You'll have a great day here- book and enjoy your wedding AND the process!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Ylan P

Had the BEST wedding at the Park Plaza - people could not stop talking about how amazing it was, really nothing beats how grandeur it is, especially after all of the renovations. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. The food is delicious. It's the perfect place to have your wedding... Read More in the city. We couldn't be happier with our decision to go with them. Adrianna and Michaela worked with us throughout the whole planning process and made things super easy for us, always answered quickly whenever we had questions or issues. They were there for us every step of the way. The venue worked well with all of my vendors as well, which is nice to have no issues day of with that.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Alyssa B

We married in October 2016 at the Boston Park Plaza, and it was a phenomenal experience - from the gorgeous ballroom and incredible food, to most importantly, the invaluable wedding planner Adrianna Avery. I couldn't recommend this venue more. I work in the hospitality industry... Read More at another large Boston hotel (events and marketing), and I am also a perfectionist with a very close attention to detail. With that, I thought it might be impossible to find a wedding planner who would think about more than I do; HOWEVER, Adrianna is the best out there. Everything was flawless and exactly as we had envisioned, and guests noted it was the "best wedding" they'd ever been to. The ballroom is grand, opulent and luxurious with gorgeous chandeliers. We held our ceremony in the room adjacent, which was equally as stunning. Guests are still raving about the food quality, and how everything they tried was fantastic. The room blocks worked very well on-property, and Francisco was incredibly helpful in managing MANY rooms for our large group. It rained all day for us, but if given the opportunity, outdoor pictures in the Public Garden are a must!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 Samantha L

Our wedding was August 6, 2016, and we could not have asked for a more stunning venue with incredible people. Adrianna went above and beyond, and her team was the best. The whole night everything was taken care of. Our family and friends still cannot stop talking about how... Read More floored they were with the food, people, and of course the ballroom. We could not have done this without Adrianna. She gave recommendations for all of our vendors, and every one of them blew us away. She is truly the best! The Park Plaza is hands down the most phenomenal wedding venue. We could not have dreamed of more!

Reviewed on 7/12/2016

As the mother of the bride I was anxious about the long distance planning and managing a wedding reception for 250 plus guests. Adrianna and the professionals at the Boston Park Plaza were with us every step. Fabulous food, great service and providing about 40 hotels rooms... Read More to guests who had traveled from around the world to celebrate with the bride and groom. In addition to all the expected service, the staff provided excellent recommendations for vendors including florists, guest transportation and bakeries. The ball room was beautiful. Our guests had a wonderful time. The bride and groom were thrilled. Choosing the Boston Park Plaza made everything else simply.

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Janeen B

I cannot say enough about this venue and their wedding personnel. Adrianna Avery the Wedding and Social Events Manager was amazing to work with and on top of EVERYTHING. Park Plaza needs to give her a raise. She went above and beyond, which was noticed by my guests and my... Read More family. I knew we were in great hands during the first meeting we had to walk through the venue. We had our wedding in the Imperial Ballroom, which was a stunning backdrop to our night. The bridal suite was HUGE and made getting ready so much fun with my bridesmaids. For a wedding in the middle of Boston, you cannot beat this value. Their wedding packages are outstanding. Overall, we had a dream wedding weekend at Boston Park Plaza!

A great hotel to stay in for a wedding..

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Kayla R

The majority of my guests stayed at this hotel; my husband and I stayed in the presidential suite for two nights in this hotel. The rooms were clean and the staff was extremely accommodating. The location is near many attractions in the city. The breakfast in the lobby was... Read More delicious, and the dinner we had at Strip by Strega in the hotel was to die for.

Don't waste your time with this

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

Per recommendation of the hotel, we did a room block for our guests. We were told if we set aside a certain number of rooms, the guests would receive a discounted rate. The savings ended up being $2.00 per room. What a joke. We still ended up including the information for... Read More the room block on the wedding invitations, especially since if you do not fill %80 of the block you will be responsible for the cost of the left over rooms that were not booked. Soon later, we were getting text messages and calls daily from guests saying they could not book a room through the block. They were told it was full, or the representative on the phone had no idea what they were talking about. To try it out and see first hand, my father in law called and was on the phone for 30 minutes to book one night! Most of our guests ended up booking online through other sites such as Expedia, etc. I did notify the Park Plaza of these issues, and we were told an additional $20 would be taken off the cost of each room for guests, but I am not sure if that ended up happening. In addition, the hotel rooms are in serious need of updates. It is almost embarrassing to have them looking like such at a hotel called the Park Plaza, known for its elegance and charm. Overall, the hotel room block was a waste of time and I would not recommend.

Reviewed on 9/06/2015

We just had our wedding at Boston Park Plaza last month (August). Everything went as perfect as it could be. Adrianna ensured that the wedding flowed as it should. We had so many compliments!! The food was great and the new renovations were better than expected. Thanks again... Read More BPP!!

Disturbing Experience!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Jo L

Think twice before planning a wedding at Boston Park Plaza! In May I spoke to a hotel wedding spokesperson about a date in Sept 2016 for my daughter's wedding. She reserved that date and agreed to hold it until we met in June. We met and agreed on date/package. Two weeks... Read More later she emailed a wedding estimate with the correct date/info which was agreed to at our meeting. I confirmed the details and waited for the contract she said she would mail. Two weeks went by...no contract. I emailed looking for the contract. The very next day the hotel called me to say that a corporate client reserved the same date and my daughter could no longer have that date! They offered an alternative date and a discount. I rescheduled the church and three vendors to accommodate the new date and informed the hotel. The next day a hotel director called me to say the corporate client couldn't decide which date they wanted and we had to wait another 10 days to find out which date my daughter would get. At that point I signed a contract with another hotel. Point of story: It took 40 DAYS for the Park Plaza to let me know they had given our reserved date to someone else. BOTTOM LINE: Be absolutely sure of the date you choose, get a contract and sign immediately. Also know if you are competing with a corporate event at this hotel, you may lose out like we did. From our own personal experience, it seems Boston Park Plaza places a higher value on corporate business rather than weddings. Beware!!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Jessica M

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect! With the added stress of the renovation of the hotel, Adrianna and Chris worked hard to make sure the day was perfect for us. All the event spaces were ready and complete by our wedding and looked breath taking. As the doors opened... Read More from cocktail hour, there were people gasping at how beautiful the reception room looked. The beautiful balcony's made for some great pictures, especially a cool shot of all of our guests on the dance floor. Adrianna was extremely attentive the year leading up to the wedding and answered ALL of my annoying stressed out emails right away. Working with her alone was reason enough to have our wedding at this hotel, what an experience :)

DREAM COME TRUE!

Reviewed on 2/11/2015 Cecilia L

My husband and I recently got married in October 2014, and the only word to describe our wedding was: FAIRYTALE! Unfortunately, my wedding was initially planned at Lakeview Pavilion and just 6 weeks shy of the big day.. the venue burnt down to the ground. My husband and I... Read More were absolutely devastated, but there was to be a light at the end of the tunnel... The ONE place that I absolutely DREAMED of having my wedding since I was just a little girl, reached out to me asking if they could help - The Boston Park Plaza. Adrianna Avery, did everything in her power to ensure I had the wedding of my dreams. From start to finish - Adrianna went above and beyond in helping me plan and coordinate our new arrangements and did not disappoint at the end result! She was available to me ALL THE TIME - and trust me... I was super annoying haha! For most young brides, we usually have no idea what we're doing.. but Adrianna helped me in every way possible. She kept calm and composed in times where I was stressing out and having anxiety, which of course put me at ease that she DEFINITELY knew what she was doing! The overall venue was truly amazing - from the food, to the decor, architecture and overall hospitality - I couldn't have asked for a more magnificent evening. Every one of guests are still ranting and raving about how perfect and CLASSY our wedding was - and I couldn't agree more. I would HIGHLY recommend the Park Plaza to all bride/grooms to be! and THANK YOU ADRIANNA for making it even more amazing!

May 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Erin M

I would highly recommend the Park Plaza for your wedding. I got married last May and I had a wonderful experience. Adrianna, the event coordinator, was one of the best parts of the park plaza experience - she was organized, personal and calm at each step of the way. We had the... Read More ceremony and reception at the hotel and the flow was perfect and the location in the city is unbeatable. My pictures were in the Boston Common and brunch in the Garden Suite on Sunday. I worried about nothing but having fun during the entire weekend. One suggestion no matter where the venue is the more you are organized during the planning the more organized all vendors are with you. In additional to the venue, good vendors are worth the investment and they are all familiar with the Park Plaza - DesignLight - lighting, Flou(-e)r - flowers, Rachel Kate Photography- photography - you will not be disappointed!

Excellent wedding coordinator - Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/08/2014

My daughter and son in law recently held their wedding reception at the Boston Park Plaza. I can not say enough about the professional quality service that we received from the wedding coordinator Adrianna. I live out of state and was not always able to attend meetings with my... Read More daughter. Adrianna always promptly returned my calls and offered great ideas and solutions to all of my questions. She even arranged early check-in for some out of state guests who were flying in the morning of the wedding. The ballroom where we held the reception was a beautiful and elegant backdrop for the reception. The banquet staff was friendly, professional and extremely efficient. The food was outstanding and many of our guests commented on how much they enjoyed their meal. I would definitely recommend the Boston Park Plaza if you are planning a wedding in the Boston area.