Boston Public Library

Boston, MA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Boston Public Library

The Boston Public Library offers one of the most unique and historic event venues in the city. Ornately designed spaces in a variety of sizes offer couples from across the country an ideal setting for their wedding ceremony and reception. Books are just the beginning.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Library, Museum, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Rentals + Equipment

Bow2010

700 Boylston, Boston, MA

The BPL is the PERFECT spot for a Boston wedding!

Reviewed on 2/17/2012 Catherine M

Everything about the BPL is perfect and you cannot pick a more unique and special backdrop for your wedding in Boston. The library will take your guests' breath away when they walk into the foyer and see the grand staircase. We did our ceremony in the Abbey Room on the second floor and it was absolutely stunning. The rich colored murals and dark wood in this room give it a church-like vibe. Many of our guests said it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever seen (in large part because of the space). Our cocktail hour flowed between the Chevannes Gallery and the Abbey Room. Then guests went to the Popular Reading Room on the first floor for the reception. It was nice to use so many different spaces within this beautiful building and they have many more that we did not even use. Beyond the beauty of the building itself, the BPL is within a block or two of dozens of nice hotels and restaurants making it extremely convenient for guests. We found the rental fee to use the space very reasonable (it was comparable to many of the large estates outside the city we looked into). They also offer a discount if you get married in the off-season or on off-nights.

Catered Affair at the Boston Public Library

Reviewed on 11/28/2011 Sarah M

Catered Affair at the BPL cannot be matched. They are beyond professional and made sure that the entire evening was perfection (200+ guests with no coordinator or planner and they handled everything). Truly cannot say enough about the entire process.

Perfect!

Reviewed on 11/10/2011 Monica S

The BPL was fabulous. They were very accommodating the day of when our plans had to change and while expensive were willing to do some things to work with my budget.

The Catered Affair @ the BPL is extraordinary

Reviewed on 10/25/2014 Jennifer R

I can't even put into words how amazing The Catered Affair at the Boston Public Library is. Their detail and level of service is incomparable to any other wedding venue in Boston. Our event planner Annie was AMAZING. Her attention to detail, flexibility, and focus on personalization made our wedding absolutely perfect. On the day of, our attendant Meghan was an angel sent from heaven. We worried about NOTHING all day. We had food / drink in our hand at all times and never had to walk away from dancing or conversations. BPL is truely top notch. I would recommend them to anyone who wants to have an extraordinary wedding. Our guests can't stop talking about it...

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Beth L

The BPL is the perfect location for a Boston wedding! It is a hidden gem. Each room you pick is unique. We worked with Eliza and she was so helpful! She listened to each and every question and helped us plan the perfect day. On the day everything went so smoothly, we had such a wonderful time! It was perfect! I couldn't recommend this venue more!

Wedding Perfection

Reviewed on 9/07/2014 Kara H

I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding. Eliza, Alyssa and staff were so attentive during the year of planning our wedding. They made sure that I had nothing to worry about on the day of the wedding, which completely de-stressed me and my groom. The food was so delicious and we received rave reviews from all the guests. There is not one thing I asked of the catered affair that they said they couldn't do. They also took care of our favors (doughnuts - cronuts and chocolate covered candied bacon - highly recommend!) and cake. They also spoke with all the outside vendors to make sure everything was timed perfectly, a huge help! I would recommend the catered affair to anyone who asks and wish I could relive the day over and over again!

Wedding at BPL

Reviewed on 9/05/2014

My daughter's wedding at the BPL was perfection from start to finish. Our wedding coordinators, Eliza and Alyssa were absolutely a delight to work with and amazing at their jobs. The food and service were incredible. Even if I tried I could not find one thing wrong with anything that night. Thank you to the whole staff at BPL for making my daughter's wedding a night to remember.

AMAZING Boston Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/23/2013 Megan D

I cannot say enough good things about the BPL for a wedding venue. It is beautiful all by itself - grand ceilings, marble staircases, balconies, a courtyard with fountain, just perfect. You can absolutely enhance the space with beautiful florals, uplighting, linens, etc. However, if you are looking for a venue that doesn't need much added in order to look great, this is your space. Also, love, love, love the Copley Square location - all of our out-of-town guests were wowed, and really got a true Boston experience.

Every detail was perfect

Reviewed on 6/18/2011 Lucy G

I had my ceremony and reception at the BPL this May and it was perfect. They got every detail right and I wouldn't have changed a thing. They were a breeze to work with!

STUNNING VENUE

Reviewed on 10/19/2010 Amy S

The moment I set foot into the Library, I knew it was a must. From the courtyard and the grand staircase, to the sky-high ceilings and impressive stacks, it was just breathtaking. I chose this venue for what it is; no real "transformation" required. They were very cool about letting us remove the lobby items, such as the metal detector (!) and circulation desk. I had flowers and potted palms brought in, uplighting, and of course cocktail tables, etc. Little else in the way of decorating was needed to enhance this building's natural beauty.

An elegant Boston wedding

Reviewed on 8/16/2010 Linda h

My daughter and her husband wanted a uniques venue for their wedding. The Library fit the bill beautifully. My guests commented they felt like they were in Europe! The staff at the Library was extremely competent and helpful in planning the event. The Catered Affair was terrific as well. Food was great. The Courtyard was perfect for the ceremony and so inviting for guests to catch some air in the soft light of the fountain.The Popular Reading Room was warm and inviting for the evening festivities. The location is great for (out of town) guests as there are so many hotels in the area. I recommend this venue without reservation.

TO Boston Public Library