Boydville The Inn at Martinsburg

Martinsburg, WV

Book Your Wedding with Boydville The Inn at Martinsburg

A BACKYARD IN MARTINSBURG, WV

Built in the autumn of 1812, Boydville—also known as the Inn at Martinsburg due to its location in Martinsburg, West Virginia—is a historic mansion that serves as a classically elegant wedding venue. The house itself is made of 2-foot-thick stone that is covered with a white plaster. As guests enter the mansion, they are greeted by three fan-glassed doorways with hand-carved woodwork that open into spacious rooms with high ceilings. Couples who are looking to book a wedding at Boydville have the option of hosting an intimate reception within these walls or a bigger celebration in the beautifully manicured garden.

At the end of the front hall is the sunroom, which was originally a back porch that the owners added in 1914. Today, the sunroom serves as an indoor banquet area with room for up to 50 guests. This space also opens out into the courtyard garden, which features an expansive brick patio.

When couples rent the entire mansion, the rooms on the lower floor of Boydville can accommodate up to 125 guests for a seated dinner. This space includes the sunroom and all adjoining rooms, each of which feature a fireplace with hand-carved mantle original wallpaper, hand-wrought brass knobs and locks and brass chandeliers from France.

For outdoor events, Boydville's 13-acre property can easily accommodate more than 300 guests. Much of the courtyard is still enclosed by the property's original brick and stone walls and this space features a large brick patio, root cellar, summer kitchen, gazebo and smokehouse. For pre-reception cocktails, Boydville has a covered porch and gazebo.

The base package for weddings held at Boydville includes full use of the mansion and grounds from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Couples have the choice of holding their ceremony and reception either inside the mansion or anywhere on Boydville's 13 acres. This package also includes chairs and tables for up to 150 guests. Extra tables and chairs as well as a tent may be rented for an additional fee.

Boydville offers an option for small parties with fewer than 50 guests in the sunroom. This package includes access to tables and chairs as well as total event time of five hours—including setup and teardown. No cooking is allowed, but a butler's pantry for food prep is available.

The venue supplies a list of preferred caterers, planners, photographers, florists and bands, but will work with your chosen vendors.

Boydville's base wedding package comes with extra perks including:

• Separate dressing areas for bridesmaids and groomsmen
  • Ample parking
  • Discounted rates on a bridal suite for the newlywed couple
  • Free one-hour photo session on the couple's one-year anniversary

The GRANDEST, most HISTORIC venue in Martinsburg!

You and your guests will slip back in time as you make your way down our long tree-lined drive to Boydville, a stately Georgian mansion situated on over 13 park-like acres. Saved from burning by President Lincoln himself during the Civil War, Boydville has entertained William Jennings Bryan, Adlai Stevenson, and Mrs. Woodrow Wilson, and two centuries later we continue the southern hospitality for which it is well known. Let your guests be swept away as they enjoy your special time at the GRANDEST, most historic venue in Martinsburg! The Elisha Boyd room houses our elegant bridal suite adorned with numerous mirrors for the ladies' preparation, and the detached Law Office building houses our masculine Gentlemen's Quarters, a vintage game room/prep area to show the guys they matter as well!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Barn, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Destination Weddings, Planning, Rentals + Equipment

601 S Queen Street, Martinsburg, WV (304) 270-7362

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Jennifer B

We had our wedding reception here in June 2015. We could not have picked a better place! I could not believe how much of a bargain we got! Jonathon and Meagan were always available to meet us, talk to us, or email us to answer any questions we had. They went above and beyond in... Read More helping us out. The house and the grounds are so beautiful. There is even a gazebo in the back (complete with decorative lights) that we used as a dance floor. Thanks to Boydville we were able to have the wedding of our dreams!

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Lisa P

Our wedding 4/16/16 could not have been better! Boydville is beautiful inside and out and the owners Jonathon and Meagan are gracious and wonderful people. Our ceremony was in front and the reception was out back, everything about the weekend was perfect!

2016-04-24T20:33:53 Response from the vendor

Lisa, it was a pleasure to work with you and Ralph for your beautiful wedding and magical courtyard reception full of big band music courtesy of the super talented orchestra. Thank you so much for choosing Boydville for your big day as well as your... Read Less Read More

Awesome location!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014

We couldn't have picked a better location for our wedding than Boydville. Nestled in downtown Martinsburg, the 13 acre property is easily accessible from Apple Harvest Drive and S. Queen St. The grounds are well manicured / maintained offering a beautiful setting for an... Read More outdoor venue or backdrop for your pictures. Clients will find that Boydville offers intimate settings for groups of all sizes inside the home, in the rear courtyard, or the larger front yard... The large front porch would be a great alter-like area for your ceremony. This historic home adds a bit of character to your wedding through its history and rustic feel which creates a conversation starter for your friends and family before your festivities. The owners worked very closely with us ensuring we had everything we need to make our day a success and provided recommendations tailored to our event. Rental fee included usage of the grounds, usage of the lower level of the house (including indoor restroom), and plenty of parking near the home. My wife and I couldn't have asked for more and are confident that this will become one of the best venues to host weddings and other events in Martinsburg!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Chelsea B

We had our ceremony in June of 2017, and our vintage/rustic theme made Boydville the perfect venue to meet our style. We soon found out that it not only met our visual wants for the setting and pictures but it also met everything else we could want from a local venue: space,... Read More flexibility, cost, and wonderful owners/staff to work with for planning. One of my favorite things about this venue is that you pay for the place - not the food, alcohol or staff that comes with it. That freedom allowed me to better control my budget and bring in caterers and bartenders that fit my finances which made my decision even easier. Highly recommended!

2017-06-30T07:05:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words, Chelsea! Your front porch ceremony was beautiful, and it was something we've been waiting years to see! Thank you for choosing our venue to hose your big day, and it was great working with you, Chase, and your family!... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Alici B

Boydville is incredible! Every single aspect of this venue is absolutely amazing. Not only does the property give you an awesome romantic setting, but it also allows you to have your wedding and reception all in one allowing more time to take your day in. You have several... Read More options of how to set up your ceremony/ reception allowing each couple to have their own flare on their special day! Also, the staff allows you to use the property the whole weekend if you choose to have a traditional Saturday weekend like we did. We were able to set up the decorations on Friday, had our Wedding on Saturday, and cleaned up the following day on Sunday. The staff is so helpful and even helped us set up even though it was not expected. The staff was willing to let us to visit the property several times throughout my year of planning and offered many suggestions to help us out along the way! I am so thankful that I found such an affordable and beautiful venue! Choosing Boydville is one of the best decisions we made! I hope to be able to have another event here in the future!

2017-04-30T17:31:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Alicia, and we're so glad you and Christian enjoyed your big weekend with us! Your setup was beautiful from the horse and carriage ceremony entrance to the tented courtyard reception! Thank you for alowing us to host you and your family... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Brenda W

Our wedding was October 3, 2015. I was an older bride with mobility challenges so I had to be very careful of the venue I booked as I couldn't climb stairs and needed dressing rooms on a ground level, etc. It was such a blessing to find Jonathon and Meagan Mann and The Inn at... Read More Boydville. To say Jonathon was accommodating is an understatement. He had a beautiful ground floor bedroom suite perfect for my bridal party dressing room and he worked with me down to the last detail as I planned our outdoor wedding. The grounds are meticulously cared for and an outdoor fall wedding is gorgeous there! There are a gazebo and courtyard behind the mansion that is perfect for outdoor receptions. Alas, as fate would have it a day before our wedding a heavy rain front moved in. I had been watching the weather and praying it stayed to the south, but it wasn't meant to be. No worries! Jonathon and Meagan to the rescue!! Everything was reworked so that the ceremony would take place in the south parlor at the front of the house and the reception tables were set up indoor in the sunroom. Meagan had all of the linens ironed and ready for use. It was a virtual monsoon on our wedding day, but The Inn at Boydville couldn't have been more stunning and my husband and I owe it all to Jonathon and Meagan Mann. We highly recommend them!!

2017-01-29T11:56:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the warm review, Brenda, and Meagan and I are so pleased that you and Robert enjoyed your big day despite the crazy weather. It was our pleasure to assist with the re-working of your ceremony and reception locations, and we definitely agree... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Andrew S

Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg, was the perfect venue for our wedding. With such amazing history and beautiful property grounds, this is the best place my wife and I found to tie the knot. The owners are very professional, and went out of their way to make our special day... Read More perfect. With exceptional value and gorgeous scenery, this is the perfect place for all your special events and occasions. We were extremely pleased with everything Boydville, The Inn at Martinsburg, provided for us that day.

Reviewed on 1/28/2017 Alexis S

We had our wedding here in May of 2016. I was so relieved to find a beautiful venue within our price range. The price is unbeattable. We got married under the tree in the front yard & it was magically. It honestly looked like a $20,000.00 wedding. The driveway is what stole my... Read More heart, it it very long and the trees were beautiful. I arrived on a horse & cinderalla carriage, absolutely stunning. There is a lot of space for your guests, I would def reccommend this place to any brides looking for their venue. Jon was very helpful throughout the process! Check this venue out!

2017-01-28T19:30:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words, Alexis,and your ceremony in front of our horse chestnut tree was beautiful as was your carriage! We wish you and Jacob all the best!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Bergan H

The staff at Boydville was amazing, from our first visit to the day of our wedding. Along the way all of my questions were answered promptly. The day before and day of, the weather was less than ideal for an outdoor event, that didn't stop the staff from coming up with solutions... Read More and making it so that I could have my outdoor wedding. I would recommend this venue to anyone! Not only is the property stunning, it's also affordable and everyone is amazing!

2016-12-12T13:47:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind review, Bergan! Your wedding was gorgeous, and from the pictures you would never know that the weather was less than stellar! Thank you for choosing us, and we're so pleased that you and Matthew enjoyed your time here... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Amber H

My husband and I had our wedding here and it was absolutely beautiful! The venue made for amazing photos and such a great place to have a wedding. Jon was wonderful at accommodating with us for everything we needed.

2016-10-12T22:10:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Amber! It was a privilege to host you, Samm, and your families on your special day!

Reviewed on 3/15/2016 Samantha H

Great place! The owners are so generous, genuine, and fun to work with! They truly care about the Inn and the experience for each guest!

Great place for an awesome price!

Reviewed on 12/21/2011 Deanna G

The Pros: Low costBeautiful backdrops for photos The owners are pretty flexible and willing to work with you. Lots of space to work with both indoors and outdoors. The caretaker lives behind the structure so if there were any problems, then he would be there to help. The... Read More Cons: Some rentals may be needed--Tables, chairs, place settings Space was a little tight for us; however, we could have made changes to accomodate the space a little better. We had some delays in contracting the venue; however, this was due to policy changes. Overall, it was a smooth process given the amount of change that was occuring. This is a beautiful venue to atleast consider!