BPM Deejays & Photobooths | Perfect Pittsburgh Weddings

PITTSBURGH, PA

Pittsburgh's Original Nightclub-Style Wedding DJs

BPM Deejays are experts at combining time-honored tradition with modern styles & sensibilities. Since 2004, we have been Pittsburgh's boutique solution for couples seeking a wedding DJ that can deliver a nightclub-quality performance, while preserving the elegance of their special day.

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

130 S. 18th St., PITTSBURGH, PA (412) 481-5852

Make Your Wedding Memorable with BPM Deejay's!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Amanda P

Planning a wedding from out of town is tough, especially when it comes to picking your vendors. I hope that this review can help someone else out there to be steered in the right direction! I found BPM Deejay's through an avenue very similar to this - being from Pittsburgh... Read More but living in Baltimore, I had not been to any weddings recently in the area that allowed me to use vendors similar to those of my friends/family - so I was left up to my own methods of finding a DJ. I scoured countless DJ postings on theKnot, Wedding Wire, etc. to help in my search. In the process, I spoke to many DJs on the phone - and I'll admit that's probably the worst part of the process - how does one get comfortable with a DJ just by talking to them on the phone!? Aside from BPM's stellar reviews, in talking with Matt from BPM, he was able to provide me with some sample videos/music clips that helped ease my worries & the price point was also just right! Everything that needed to be handled from the point of signing the contract to the wedding day went very seamless, and was actually one of my least burdensome vendor experiences! Our wedding reception was AMAZING! From the intros to the last (and then the finale song) - Matt had our guests having a great time! I was VERY impressed by the music selection - both new & old songs, considering we had not given many specifics outside of our entrance & 1st dance songs. It was also very appreciated to see a DJ who actually had some club DJ experience & was able to spin songs in & out (excuse my DJ lack of official DJ lingo!). I received outstanding regards for Matt from our guests, and really believe he MADE our wedding night what it was! I told Matt that night before leaving how grateful I was - as I truly do believe it helped make it one of the best nights of my life & one I'll truly never forget :) To all of you brides out there looking for a DJ - I'd give my 100% guarantee that you'd have no issues with BPM as yours. Best of luck!

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

For all you soon to be husbands and wives.. stop your DJ search. BPM Deejays is the best in town. Experience started off great at their newly renovated location in Southside. Compared to the other DJ locations, this place seemed like a Doctor’s Office. Very clean and modern. We... Read More elected not to go with the photobooth due to budget constraints, but tested it out. Their photobooth is top notch! (it’s not someone taking a picture of you behind a curtain like some other services we met with). Matt was actually already booked for our date, so he set us up with Steve Spin. Couldn’t be more happy with Steve. He called me the one day to discuss songs in which we wanted played/not played. I started to tell him about when the reception location and when it is available, he stopped me and said he had ALREADY contacted them. I couldn’t believe it. He was the first vendor of ours that we didn’t feel like we had to pull around and get up to speed. He took initiative and was already prepared. Many people came up myself and Jackie during/after the wedding and said that was one the best DJ’s ever at wedding. Played a variety of music, dealt with my not-so-sober friends, and made the night even better than we expected. Thanks again Steve. You’re the man. We also went with the up-lighting which really added to reception. Sound system was loud and clear. Short and sweet… BPM DeeJays is Highly Recommended Thanks Matt & Steve…. Mike & Jackie Cullen

My Hardest Vendor Choice, But DJ Steve Spin Made the Party

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Alexandra M

Amazing. Hands down, the DJ was my hardest decision because I felt like there is such subjectivity in a good DJ! Plus, the commonly suggested "best" DJs in Pittsburgh book so fast and are usually very pricey. I kept putting this decision off until I found BPM DJs. When I saw... Read More that they were often played two of our favorite Southside bars, I knew they were the right choice for us! Steve was probably my best surprise of the day, as he was a really good value (not cheap but not outrageous) and provided such a high caliber of entertainment. We added to our package to have him provide background music at the cocktail hour which was a nice touch. Then for the reception, I was continually impressed. He wasn't wasn't an annoying emcee, thank goodness, but interjected just enough when he had to in order to provide a great flow for the evening. And MAN WAS THE DANCE FLOOR PACKED. I would describe his style as definitely in the "club" vein, mixing a variety of songs all night, and my guests loved it (we had people of all ages dancing all night) Every time I looked around, hardly anyone was sitting down. Steve also was accommodating with requests, which my friends appreciated. He had a great mix of classics and top 40 hits and made sure to incorporate our must plays. I can't say enough good things about him, and man am I glad we booked him. Matt, the owner of BPM, was also very prompt and cordial in everything. We didn't meet personally, but he made sure to email me whenever needed and he was also very prompt in replying to any of my questions. Overall, A+++ pick.

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Jessica C

Matt is a wonderful dj; very easy to work with, communicate with, and he's very professional. We utilized his DJ services only, but I have friends who have rented his photo booth and they also speak very highly of him. I could not have been happier with the music at the... Read More wedding... from ceremony to reception, everything was GREAT.

2017-08-03T14:19:44 Response from the vendor

Hello, and thank you for the wonderful review. It would be great to know which of my awesome clients were compelled to write such a compliment on our services. Could you provide a name or a wedding date so that I know who this is?... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Mike Z

BPM Deejays couldn't have done a better job! They were incredibly easy to deal with and were able to make all of our requests a reality. Music was fantastic and we couldn't have asked for more!

2017-08-03T14:13:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you to whomever this is. I do appreciate the kind words, but without a valid wedding date or any details, I cannot take credit for a job well-done! Please let me know who you are!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Rachel B

We hired Steve from BPM Deejays as the DJ for our wedding and he was fabulous! He was a great DJ and a very nice person who went out of his way to make sure we were having a good time. He made the planning process quick and easy for us and made sure to confirm all the details... Read More the week before. We got the package that included up-lighting and a monogram and both looked amazing the day of. I love to dance and Steve made sure to not only MC everything fluidly and precisely as we had requested but also kept the dance floor packed all night. He had a great variety of music and transitioned between songs perfectly! We got compliments from everyone there (including our reception venue) on how fun our wedding was due to the DJ. I would highly recommend both Steve and BPM Deejays for any event. You will not be sorry!!

2017-08-03T14:11:31 Response from the vendor

Rachel and Trevor; thank you for the kind words! I will be sure to pass them on to Steve. I am so happy that you appreciated our efforts. Little did you know that Steve was actually suffering through a pretty serious illness that day, which... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Lisa H

Very accommodating, quick to respond. Made adjustments to songs and requests that we had easily and they sounded great! Very nice and easy to work with. Made time for us even though we were not in town much. Our song needed to hit a certain length and he did that and added a... Read More duet part. It was very beautiful. This is the second family wedding we have used him for. He would be highly recommended in the future.

2017-06-05T17:40:34 Response from the vendor

Hey Lisa! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. It was a lot of fun to be back to entertain Jazzy Jan and the Haddad family once again. I'm glad that you mentioned the music edit, and that you appreciated... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Joe Bankert M

We got married at the beginning of October and had a great experience with BPM Deejays! We would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone for any type of event. DJ Steve did a great job of making sure music was being played that was great for people of all ages. The dance floor was... Read More filled the entire time! Thank you BPM Deejays for making our wedding everything we were hoping for!

2017-06-05T17:35:38 Response from the vendor

We definitely appreciate the kind words, and your confidence in letting us be a part of your special day. Best of luck to you, Megan & Joe!

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Cara D

Wonderful! Matt was very professional and helpful during the planning process. He was accommodating to our music requests and kept our guests on the dance floor with a great selection of music! Would highly recommend him!

2017-06-05T17:33:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Cara. It was a pleasure getting to know you and Stephen. I'll look forward to another dinner at Stagioni very soon!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kaitlyn J

I used BPM DeeJays for my October 1st wedding and couldn't be happier with my decision. I found wedding planning to be extremely stressful but the DJ was one thing I didn't have to worry about. Their process was extremely simple and both Steve and Matt were very helpful the... Read More whole way through. Everyone had a great time and Steve had people of all ages on the dance floor. I'm still getting compliments on how great my DJ was! Thanks again Steve Spin and BPM DeeJays!

2016-11-01T20:29:51 Response from the vendor

Hi Kaitlyn. This is my favorite kind of testimonial. When someone says that we relieved them of at least some of their wedding planning stress, then I know that we are truly appreciated. It also speaks to why you should hire a professional that you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Reem H

Matt was an incredibly professional, well-prepared, and poised DJ for our wedding reception. He met with us personally before the wedding to go over our preferred music styles and song choices. He was able to mix both Arabic and American music into a wonderful multicultural... Read More reception for our guests. He was an excellent host for the reception - he got everyone's name right and made sure all the transitions went smoothly. And he made sure the dance floor was packed all night by reading the crowd very well - we had multiple guests come up to us afterward to say how awesome our DJ was! We would recommend Matt to anyone hoping to have a great reception that will get all of their guests dancing the night away.

2016-11-01T20:32:44 Response from the vendor

Hi Reem. You and Rob are such a nice couple, and I am happy that I was able to help make your night special. I enjoyed the challenge of incorporating the Arabic music into the playlist, and it is becoming a bit of a specialty... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lindsay D

I do not even know where to begin to start talking about how great Matt and BPM Deejay's was for our wedding! From our Day 1 meeting before securing the booking, Matt was so incredibly helpful. We only had a few ideas on what we absolutely wanted in terms of songs so his... Read More guidance and helpfulness went a long way! He walked us through everything expertly and patiently without ever belittling us or getting impatient though we would not have blamed him! Whether you have a specific vision or need him to take the reigns and help give you direction he is definitely up to the task. To make matters better, BPM Deejay's is so reasonably priced. We used them both for our ceremony and reception. Our dance floor was never empty thanks to Matt and he read the crowd so incredibly well! He also got every one of our must play songs in and kept every song on our do not play songs out. I can not honestly thank Matt and BPM Deejay's enough for the great work that they've done! You will not be disappointed with the services they provide!

2016-10-31T20:15:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Lindsay! I'm guessing that you and Kofi are relaxing on an island right now, so I really appreciate that you took the time to write this review. Wow, did we have a great time at your wedding this weekend, or what? I was feeling... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Juliana B

We absolutely loved working with BPM DJs. Steve was so awesome and helped to make our reception truly perfect!!! They have a unique style and the party never stopped the entire night! They were easy to work with and reasonable priced compared to other vendors. I would absolutely... Read More pick them again!

2016-10-31T17:14:51 Response from the vendor

Juliana, thank you very much for your sweet review. I'm happy to know that you would do it all over again. For the record, if I get a chance to entertain for you and Mark again, I would absolutely be honored. We wish you both... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Beth T

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Matt and BPM Deejays!! Not only was Matt super accommodating during the planning process (which meant a lot to me since I was planning the wedding from out of state) but the quality of his work is outstanding! My husband and I asked for... Read More Memphis blues to be played during cocktail hour and dinner. Matt asked for a few samples of what we wanted, did his research, and absolutely nailed it. The music during the reception was amazing as well! He really read the crowd and was able to keep EVERYONE (from our 4 year old nephew to 21 year old cousins to 65 year old uncles) on the dance floor the whole night. The transitions between songs were seamless and there was never a drop in energy. We asked that the music be appropriate for all ages and yet it didn't feel like the music was geared towards children. It was fun, lively, and awesome the whole night. Matt was available any time we needed him but never made himself the focus. He was open to our suggestions but when we had no opinion (such as for a cake cutting song) he was able to step in and pick something that perfectly fit us. It felt like he knew exactly who we were as a couple - but I'm certain he makes everyone feel that way. He is the ultimate professional. BPM Deejays gets our wholehearted recommendation without any reservations. We strongly encourage everyone to check out BPM Deejays!

2016-10-31T17:05:29 Response from the vendor

Hi Beth. I will admit that in preparing for your reception, I was a bit nervous, but I think that is when I do my best work. I studied hard to educate myself on blues music, and build a nice catalog, and playlists appropriate for... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Robert E

DJ Steve did a fabulous job at our wedding! We were referred to him by a couple who hired him for their wedding. Absolutely no regrets. One of the guests at our wedding was in the process of planning her own wedding and hired DJ Steve as well! Word of mouth at its finest! BPM is... Read More the way to go!!

2016-10-31T16:49:26 Response from the vendor

Hi Robert. It was an absolute pleasure working for you and Stephanie, and we wish you the very best. It is wonderful how the word gets around! We actually booked TWO other weddings that were related to yours, and the original referral that brought you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Susan S

BPM DJ's provided us with exceptional service prior to our wedding day. Their website was easy to use and allowed for my husband and I to focus on how the music would set the tone for our day. We were guided through every step along the way and were able to ask questions as they... Read More came up. Matt was super friendly and quick to respond to our communications. The day of couldn't have gone any better. Steve did a fantastic job moving our wedding along. He is so easy-going and that allowed for our guests to have fun and get out on the dance floor. We received endless compliments on how beautiful the day was and a large chunk of that is a testament to the wonderful job of BPM.

2016-10-31T17:12:31 Response from the vendor

Hi Susan. Steve and I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm for our work, and are so happy that you enjoyed your experience with BPM Deejays. I especially like the feedback on our online planning site. We have certainly put some time into that, and we are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Amanda S

When it comes to picking a DJ for a wedding, something not often thought about is how important of a role they play. We had Matt and he was by far our #1 choice not only because of what he could offer (lighting, custom monogram, etc.) but because of his professionalism... Read More throughout the entire process. He was very helpful with planning everything out and giving suggestions. Plus, the fact that he covers the entire day rather than just a few hours shows just how dedicated he is. Matt played a great selection of music and is definitely the type to liven up any room without "over-doing" it. I would highly recommend Matt & BPM Deejays to make your big day special!

2016-10-31T17:10:51 Response from the vendor

Amanda: I had so much fun entertaining for you and your guests, and it really makes my day to know how appreciative you are of my efforts. We take a lot of pride in what we do here, from playlist-building and music-mixing, to the graphic-design... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Christina H

Matt was AWESOME! He listened to everything we asked for with helpful but respectful comments on what tends to work best! He read the crowd SO WELL! I can't even tell you what a great job he did at picking up on what our crowd wanted and delivering!! There was never a moment... Read More where our dance floor was empty!! It was SUCH an incredible party and I know we have Matt (and our awesome friends and family) to thank for that!! If you want a classy but rocking party for a great price - you've found your DJ.

2016-10-30T15:02:11 Response from the vendor

You definitely brought a great crowd together, and I had a blast entertaining for them. Thanks for trusting me with your big day, and best of luck to you Christina & Nick!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelsey J

My husband and I couldn't be happier with that we chose BPM Deejays for our wedding day. Steve was very professional and organized throughout the planning process. The entire night flowed flawlessly, and he delivered the energetic and fun vibe we wanted for our reception. The... Read More dance floor was packed the entire night, and we heard nothing but positive feedback from our guests. We can't thank Steve enough for helping us make our night perfect!

2016-10-26T20:49:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your complimentary review, and best of luck to you both, Kelsey! It was our pleasure to entertain for you on your big day!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Danielle G

We were so happy with our decision to pick Matt as our DJ! From our initial consultation to the wedding day, he was quick to respond to questions and anything else we needed. We were also not 100% typical clients; we had recorded our own first dance song & managed to keep it a... Read More secret from our guests. He rolled with our ideas, and it ended up being a huge hit at our wedding. We heard later that he even took video of our first dance, and has made plans to get us the video. As we hadn't hired a videographer/our friends & family were too busy listening to take video, this extra little piece meant a lot to us. The dance floor was never empty our entire reception! He kept the party going right up to the end, and our final song had everyone on the dance floor. Another big point for us is that he provided all the lighting/uplighting we would ever need! That was really important to us so we made sure to splurge for that package. It checked an extra item off the list for us. Overall, we could not be happier with our choice and recommend BPM to everyone!!

2016-10-25T18:37:23 Response from the vendor

Danielle & Joe: it has been a pleasure getting to know you, and it was a lot of fun entertaining for you. I have never seen a couple that was more excited about their wedding day, and more enthusiastic about my role in it. It... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Brandon D

We had DJ Steve Spin as our DJ at our wedding and he was great. Never stopped the music all night, kept people dancing, and was able to command the whole night. Would not have been happier with any other DJ. Would recommend them for every wedding.

2016-10-24T19:37:10 Response from the vendor

Thanks, and best of luck to you Natalie & Brandon! We certainly appreciate your review, and every recommendation that you make on our behalf.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Matt K

Matt was a fantastic DJ. His music suggestions and guidance were extremely helpful. He also was a fantastic emcee. His website is great and allows you to get all the necessary information to him easily. Highly highly recommended!!!

2016-10-24T19:32:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Matt! Congratulations to you and Hanna. I have some nice video footage from your wedding that I plan to share with you soon. I really appreciate the kind review, and you trusting me with your big day!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Christina H

We hired Matt from BPM Deejays for our wedding day. At the initial consultation, he assured us that he would keep people dancing all night, specifically stating how he doesn't play songs the entire way through if no one is dancing. We met with him again a few weeks before the... Read More wedding to go over everything (speeches, specific songs we wanted, etc). The day of the wedding was not exactly what we had pictured. While Matt was professional (dressed nicely, sounded great over the mic), he was not very fun. When announcing speeches (we only had three, plus a blessing), he skipped over announcing my father's speech and went straight to the blessing. Not a huge deal, but slightly annoying. He also went back on his "never playing songs all the way through if people aren't dancing" promise. There was about a 20-25 minute period where there didn't seem to be anyone on the dance floor. My husband and I also had to request our previously requested songs (only about 3, nothing too crazy), a few times before he played them, waiting until almost the end of the night to do so. My mother had also requested one song, which he didn't play until almost the very end. Overall, our guests seemed to enjoy him, but we were not wowed. He was not pleasant or friendly, and did not do what he had promised.

2016-10-20T20:01:28 Response from the vendor

This review has certainly taken me by surprise. During the course of Christina & Danny's wedding, I was given compliments by numerous guests, the father of the bride, the photographer, and associates of the Rivers Club. I had a booking request by one of their... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/24/2016 Amberly C

I only used the Photobooth services as I had already booked a DJ for my wedding. It was SO much fun and the photo strips came out perfectly. About a week prior to the wedding, I had to choose my template for the strips (which I thought was fun) They turned out very pretty and... Read More just what I wanted. The woman running the booth was so sweet and personable. My guests were able to go into the booth and take as many photos as they wanted! The strips printed out with a copy that was placed in an album for me to take home. I LOVE looking at them and seeing how much fun all my guests had. I would highly recommend this photobooth as the pictures are great quality and there is no limit on how many you can take. GREAT JOB!!

2016-10-20T19:12:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review, and for choosing BPM Deejays & Hot Flash Photobooths. Best of luck to you!

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Erik J

Steve Spin absolutely crushed it at our wedding. At first, I planned allot of songs to be played, but a few songs in I realized how incredibly talented he was. He totally felt the vibe of the dance floor and made it utterly impossible for anyone to leave. I couldn't be... Read More happier with our service.

2016-10-20T19:14:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your awesome review! We definitely enjoyed having you as a client, and wish you the best in your future together.

Matthew Swaoger

My name is Matt; owner of BPM Deejays. We are the original DJ company in Pittsburgh dedicated to bringing a modern, nightclub style of DJ performance to the wedding dance floor. Being in the business of DJing for more than 25 years, I have entertained at THOUSANDS of fun and exciting events. I love music, but I'm mainly driven by my love for a great party. These days, my schedule is busier than ever. With long-standing weekly residencies in places such as: Tiki Lounge, Rowdy Buck and Shady Grove, and a very busy wedding schedule, you can bet I will be orchestrating a great time somewhere!