Cuisine

Vegetarian

Buffet, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

7511 Asheville Highway, Knoxville, TN (865) 522-5552

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Kelsey S

We fell in love with Bradford the minute we tasted their pot roast! They were super accommodating and patient with us as we picked our menu and I feel like even though our process was long, we still got a very personal experience- they take the time to know all their clients!... Read More Their desserts are to die for and they offer a wide variety of foods. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Rachel H

Diane with Bradford's Catered Events is so wonderful! We booked them a year before our wedding, and she was so helpful and patient as we figured out what we wanted. Food was one of our highest priorities for our wedding and Diane understood that. We created an initial menu,... Read More but later decided it didn't really reflect "us". She worked with the chef to allow us to create a custom menu with specific recipes and she offered thoughtful advice throughout the entire process. They also were able to work with us to provide meals for our vegetarian and vegan family members - no easy feat! She and all of the staff at Bradford's are absolute professionals and I would recommend them to anyone for any size event. Our guests raved to us about the appetizers when we walked in and continued to rave about the food throughout the night and afterwards. Everything was perfect, from the presentation to the taste. We had a seated, plated, 3-course meal, which they timed perfectly. The food was delicious. I was most shocked by our dessert table. We had left a few notes and our cake topper and when we saw it, we were both blown away. They did a beautiful job of arranging our pies, cupcakes, and wedding cake. It was exactly what we wanted - even though we didn't ask! I would highly recommend Bradford's - they can do any kind of food and are very transparent about their costs!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Rachael B

Rex and Beverly at Bradford catering were wonderful to work with for our Memorial Day weekend wedding! We planned our wedding from afar, and they were very responsive to phone calls and emails. Beverly reworked our proposal several times when we made adjustments, and Rex... Read More worked with us to make a custom menu to fit our event. We had a selection of hors d'oeuvres that represented both our homes and where we met, and had a buffet of Southern comfort foods for dinner. Rex even came up with a recipe for pecan-crusted catfish that he fried on site! We also did our dessert through Bradford. We selected their banana pudding shooters, red velvet cupcakes, Jack Daniels cupcakes (vanilla cake, caramel icing, and a JD pipette - YUM!), and a strawberry cake with vanilla icing as our cutting cake since it was strawberry season. They used cupcake liners that we provided, and decorated the cake exactly as we wanted. They were so flexible, and all the food was SO delicious! A tip for when you go in for your tasting - go hungry. I went with my mom and my fiance, and we were all stuffed and still had leftovers. I can't recommend Bradford enough!

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Jennifer Z

Bradford Catering events helped things go off without a hitch. The food was great from the pasted lamb lollipops during cocktails to the custom chicken dish served at dinner. I received rave reviews from my guests about the food.

Reviewed on 11/24/2015 Holly H

Bradford Catered Events is absolutely amazing! Bradford has an amazing team of courteous waiters and bar tenders! They took care of my wedding recently with the most amazing spread of food, appetizers and drinks. I am still hearing raving reviews from our 260 guests about the... Read More buffet meal that was served! Our meal included a cesar salad, winter pot-roast, green beans, broccoli casserole & sweet potato biscuits. I would recommend them to anyone for any event! They are creative, professional, classy and serve food that you would die for! Bradford can do it all! I am also a event planner and have used Bradford Catered Events many times for business events! You really can't go wrong with Bradford Catered Events!

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 Morgan L

Bradford is absolutely amazing! I couldn't of asked for a better team to cater our wedding! I recommend them to everyone! Super prepared, classy and delicious food!

Amazing Heavy Appetizers and Stations

Reviewed on 4/02/2015 Kelsey P

WOW!! this is the only word for Bradford Catering, and Elizabeth Atchley! They were so attentive and the food was phenomenal!

You won't need a wedding planner & your food will be amazing!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 Rachel M

Rex, from Bradford Catered Events (formerly Abner's Attic), was a life-saver for a girl who a) didn't know much about how to throw a wedding and b) didn't hire a wedding planner. He was spot-on with recommendations about how much food we needed to have enough and great... Read More recommendations about people's preferences (e.g. lamb lollipops vs. chicken satays). He also was helpful with suggestions about the wedding reception timeline, doing the footprint for how tables and chairs would be arranged in our reception venue, and in suggesting a DJ/band and a bartender when we hadn't a clue where to start. On top of ALL of this, he just did a fabulous job making the food and our cakes. My wedding cake-- the vanilla with french vanilla icing-- was to die for! another HUGE hit with our guests was Rex's fried green tomato station-- they LOVED it and raved about it all night long. Rex was only wrong about one thing-- his recommendation about wine & beer for our headcount ended up being off because more of our guests chose to drink wine over beer, which is something no one anticipated. If you are buying your own wine/beer to stock the bar, try to find a vendor that will let you return unopened bottles the day after the wedding, and if you can, buy a little extra. We ended up being WAY over on beer, a little over on white wine, and having to send two groomsmen to buy more red wine. (Bob's Package store let us return unopened white wine the next day, so I assume they would do the same for any wedding.) Despite the little snafu around needing more red wine, we literally couldn't have planned a wedding without Rex/Bradford's. They were amazing. I would recommend them to any friends or family planning a wedding in Knoxville.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Tonya J

I used Bradford Catered Events for my Zoo wedding. I saw them at a bridal show, tried their food and spoke with the owner, he made sure to inform me that they will do anything that is within my budget, options galore. We made an appointment, met, discussed options and rolled... Read More with everything. On top of loving the food and staff, they use all real plates, glass, and silverware. I also adored the vintage theme that they use. The company did a fabulous job. Bradford was spot on with everything, keeping the groom and I very happy. They staff was dressed and presented professionally, they take care of set up and clean up, the food was still warm when the reception started. I had so many compliments on everything. I would recommend them one hundred times over.

Couldn't be happier

Reviewed on 5/21/2014 Kim M

We used Bradford Catering for our April 25 wedding at Country Manor Acres. I could not have been happier with Diane and her team. From the very beginning Diane was very helpful in choosing different selections as well as making sure we had well rounded meal. I think the food at... Read More the wedding was even better than the food that we had at our tasting. We only did heavy apps so I was worried about not having enough food. We only had 2 no shows and we ended up with a lot of food left over. My husband and I had a plate of food ready for us. Diane came by several times to see if we needed anything. Overall, Diane and her team helped to make our day that much better by not having to worry about anything.

Catering!!

Reviewed on 8/21/2013 Stacey G

We used Abner's Attic as our wedding caterer in June 2013. My husband and I loved them from the start! The entire staff (from the office to the servers) were so kind, professional, and accommodating! The food was delicious!! All of my guests raved! We offered a Heavy hors... Read More d'oeuvres cocktail style reception and had SO many tasty options to choose from! I never worried for a second about having enough food or if there would be "something for everyone". Abner's Attic had it all covered!! I highly recommend using them as your caterer for any and all catering needs! I am positive you will be nothing but satisfied with their services!

absolute best caterer in town!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Caroline P

Our food at the reception could not have been any better! People raved about the delicious selection of foods and how well it was displayed. Abner's Attic is the kind of wedding food that people leave talking about, not like your average caterer that leaves people just... Read More satisfied. Not only was the food superb, the servers were polite and professional. Rex sent us off with 4 to go boxes piled high with cake and food all tied up in a beautiful white bow. I could not have been happier with everything!

Awesome Food! :)

Reviewed on 10/30/2012 Brooke B

I had several guests compliment me on the food at my wedding. The service was great! Rex and his team were there every step of the way to help me! I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a caterer in the Knoxville area.

Delicious food!

Reviewed on 9/24/2012 Erin K

Rex was so easy to work with and the food was delicious! The cranberry stuffed chicken, the spinach marsala (or creamed spinach), and the sweet potato biscuits were a huge hit! He had great suggestions, and I used most of them!

FABULOUS!

Reviewed on 7/05/2012 Christina B

Rex does a great job meeting the needs of brides and grooms...and their families. We had a 500 person wedding and he put out the food like it was nothing. He also used 3 of my family's recipes at the reception. He does a really good job with cakes, as I have seen before, but in... Read More our initial meeting, he said he'd rather not do it. Still, the rest of the food was amazing! We had fried green tomatoes, a shrimp boil, carving stations, roasted vegetables and various types of salads. Rex likes to use real dishes and silverware, so the reception looked very classy and nice without going overboard and being stuffy. His prices vary depending on what you're looking for, but he can meet the needs of almost any client!

My Caterer

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Sarah A

Rex was great to work with. He had an amazing selection of foods to choose from and I received SO many compliments about his food. I would suggest any bride to work with him at their wedding!

Wonderful

Reviewed on 1/04/2012 Leigh W

Abner's Attic was a joy to work with. Rex Jones met with us multiple times and helped us pick out the perfect menu for our wedding reception. The food was delicious, all of the guests at the wedding commented on how good everything was and how pretty the buffet looked. I would... Read More recommend Abner's Attic catering to anyone!

wonderful

Reviewed on 9/18/2011 Millie F

Rex and his team did a great job of giving me suggestions for what works best at the venue (they've done functions all over town!) while listening to me and taking what I wanted into account. They worked with our budget to ensure that we had enough food while sticking to our... Read More budget and made any changes we wanted up until the wedding. They were professional and the food was DELICIOUS!

Delicious!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2011 Allison R

Rex is the best. He was extremely easy to work with and was about to customize our menu to be exactly what we wanted. He was fantastic. He came highly recommended and he did not disappoint. Everyone raved about the food. Rex is extremely professional and will do anything he can... Read More to keep you happy.

MMMmmm good food!

Reviewed on 6/29/2011 Amanda M

Abner's Attic did a fantastic job with the menu! All my guests raved about our food - at the end of the night, it was all gone!! Wonderful service, and very professional. Highly recommended!!!

Food Was Fabulous!

Reviewed on 6/15/2011 Carrie K

Whatever you want, Rex can do! We made several changes to our menu during our wedding planning. Once we finalized everything (Denise is wonderful at returning emails, answering questions, etc.), we couldnt wait to see the presentation & taste the food. My only regret at... Read More the wedding is that I didnt get to enjoy as much food as I had hoped to. It looked great & we got TONS of compliments on the food. Rex's food is great....but his presentation makes it even better. Your guests will be impressed, no matter what menu options you go with!!

St Paddy's Day 2011

Reviewed on 4/03/2011 Anna W

I loved everything about working with Rex and the staff at Abner's Attic. He has perfected presentation with silver platters and an eye for placement. He clearly knows flavor and pairing foods. I really needed guidance, and he provides it while leaving room for you your... Read More ideas. He will also include favorite family recipes. We are still getting compliments on our food.