Brandeis Catering - Omaha's Favorite

Brandeis Catering is a full service catering and event planning company. We have been in the hospitality and food service industry for over forty years specializing in professional, friendly service and exquisite cuisine. We offer the Livestock Exchange Ballrooms as our exclusive venue and we cater throughout the Omaha/Council Bluffs Metro Area at many other fine facilities. Our company has been voted the Best Catering company in Omaha for the last ten years and running by readers for B2B Magazine plus many other honorable awards. We strive to provide excellent service and attention to detail to provide an unforgettable event!!!

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

4920 S. 30th St. Suite B, Omaha, NE (402) 334-5446

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Molly M

We had the best experience ever with Brandeis Catering! There was a slight problem with our original venue, but they made sure to make everything right (even though the issue was out of their hands). We had our wedding reception at the livestock and it was gorgeous! Carolyn was... Read More wonderful in every way. And Betty helped so much the day of the wedding! My mom was able to enjoy herself . From start to finish it was a fantastic experience. I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Caitlin S

Brandeis Catering is an exceptional caterer with delicious food (especially the stuffed chicken) and incredible service. We worked with Carolyn, who was very professional and responded to any questions within a day, usually an hour! We served a plated meal at our wedding... Read More reception and we are constantly being told by our guests how our dinner was the best food they had ever eaten at a wedding. It came out steaming hot and all 250+ guests were served with their correct dinner choice in a matter of minutes! Brandeis was absolutely delicious and so easy to work with! We would highly recommend them for any event looking to have food that is still talked about in the following weeks!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Megan D

Michelle from Brandeis was wonderful! She helped make the process so smooth. The food was fantastic! Our guests said it was some of the best wedding food they had ever had. The staff who helped the evening of our wedding was great too. There were checking in on us and bringing... Read More us drinks as needed. HIGHLY recommend them!

Great

Reviewed on 12/29/2015 Taylor S

A little pricey but good food and super nice to deal with

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kendall M

Carolyn was extremely helpful in the search of our reception venue. Working full-time made looking at venues during the day challenging but she was flexible and even allowed us to view the space with it set up to see how I would like it before wedding day. The serving staff was... Read More kind and checked with my "go-to-person" before making a decision. I'm grateful for the experience and could not have asked for a better reception at the Livestock Exchange.

Great Value & Delicious Food!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Liz M

Brandeis Catering provided the food for our wedding at the Livestock Exchange building. We chose the buffet and were happy to find that they offer so many options! The guests all commented on how great the food was, especially the chicken basiline and broccoli salad. Thanks to... Read More the efficient staff, they also commented on how fast the buffet line ran and how they never felt that they had to 'wait' for their dinner. Thank you Brandeis!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015 Tim A

Carolyn worked with me and my mother to make sure everything was organized and perfect. She answered several one off questions within a timely manner. The food was fantastic and we received many compliments it was one of the best reception foods from our guests. The service and... Read More attention to detail was spot on. Thanks to all you helped in making our wedding reception amazing!

Reviewed on 1/06/2015

We worked with the staff at Brandeis catering for a year planning our wedding. Joe and his staff helped us to make this event perfect. They were professional, courteous, and helpful throughout the entire process, paying attention to every detail. Our guests raved about the... Read More food and service they received. What a beautiful venue!

Best Wedding Option in Omaha!

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Megan S

I had my wedding at the Livestock Exchange Building and cannot say enough good things about the venue and Brandeis Catering! Everything was perfect! The staff at Brandeis was so accommodating and made sure everything ran smoothly and room/food etc was exactly as I wanted! I... Read More don't think there is a more beautiful location in Omaha! Our guests were raving about what a beautiful reception we had! I would highly recommend Brandeis to anyone!!!

A wonderful reception at UNO's Thompson Center!

Reviewed on 10/22/2014

Thanks to Joe Thallas and his team at Brandeis Catering, we hosted a beautiful reception for our son and daughter-in-law at UNO's Thompson Center. After a small out-of-town wedding we were looking for a venue for an Omaha reception that included an outdoor space, great natural... Read More lighting and delicious food. We found all three of those at the Thompson Center. Joe worked with us to create a fun and tasty menu (food stations that included pasta selections and a fajita bar), Steve Summers, the manager at the Thompson Center was a great help in assisting us with planning the evening, and the Brandeis Catering team was delightful that evening, from servers to bartenders. Guests raved about the reception, and there wasn't one thing we would change. Thanks to everyone for helping us create an evening for the newlyweds to remember!

AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2014 Caitlin W

We used Brandeis Catering for our food vendors and they were absolutely perfect! The food was fresh, delicious and you definitely wanted to go back for seconds and thirds. I worked with Carolyn Sullivan and she was the most wonderful and caring person to work with. I give this... Read More vendor 2 thumbs up!

Contact

Reviewed on 8/11/2014

Contacting this vendor has been nothing but a pain in the rear. They take awhile to respond and sometimes don't respond at all. I have tried twice now to start a conversation about getting one of their venues and both times they have shut the conversation down without so much... Read More as a tip of the cap. I have another event with them at the end of the year and this is not the first time I have worked with them so you would think that they would get back to me. I dread talking to them and hope I never have to deal with them again after this last event.

2014-10-07T14:13:46 Response from the vendor

I am sorry that you have not received the service you deserve. Please let us know how we can work with you to make up for the lack of service you have received. If I can assist you please call and ask for Joe.

Good!

Reviewed on 6/14/2014 Lauren M

We were very happy with our food and their service.

Tip Top Ballroom was excellent

Reviewed on 4/30/2014 Becky A

Michelle the event coordinator was so great! The venue was spacious and beautiful, the staff was really awesome! I had the ceremony in the lobby and the reception in the ballroom and it was perfect!

My caterer

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Erin B

The food was awesome!!

Breakfast brunch wedding

Reviewed on 6/10/2013 Brianna K

Loved it! The food was great and the service was fantastic. Just wish they didn't put peppers in the potatoes!

Great value, delicous food!

Reviewed on 1/27/2013 Paige B

I'm so glad we went with Brandeis for our reception. They own several venues, but we picked the Tip Top Ballroom because of the great downtown location. Their pricing is very reasonable & they didn't have hidden costs. Our friends are still talking about how great the food... Read More was. :)

Food and Drink

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Kaitlin O

Brandeis took care of everything for us. From making sure the room looked great to the food being amazing. You are invited to multiple tastings and get to pick what you like. Our food was amazing from the appetizer to the entree dish. Our salad course was even great. Super... Read More impressed with the food, service, and cost of everything!

I love Carolyn!

Reviewed on 6/20/2012 Amanda P

We had our wedding at UNO therefore we had to use Brandeis as our caterer. The caterer is very well known in Omaha and has a good reputation so I wasn't worried. We went to a taste testing with our parents and it was really good. The coordinator we worked with Carolyn was... Read More amazing at our meeting and went over every single detail of not just the food but the wedding. She put my mind at ease and had the answers to all my questions. The only thing I was confused on was the fact that she drew out on the building layout where things were going to go and when we got to UNO the staff was not following those directions at all they were just doing their own thing so we had issues there. The staff was very friendly though.

Reviewed on 6/05/2012 Erin T

I absolutely loved working with Carolyn and Brandeis Catering. She was so helpful and did everything she could to make our vision a reality. She made great suggestions when we were picking out our menu, deciding how to decorate, etc. We were able to drop off all of our... Read More decorations the week before the reception and did not have to worry about anything after that. The first time I saw the ballroom decorated was when I arrived on the Saturday evening of the event and it was perfect. The wait staff was fabulous and made our day very special. Our family and friends commented on how excellent the food was (we had the prime rib carving station and the chicken basiline, delicious!) I would definitely recommend Brandeis!!

You get what you pay for.

Reviewed on 2/05/2012 Maya B

Delicious and professional. You get what you pay for.

Fabulous!

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Laura M

Brandeis is the exclusive caterer for the Thompson Center at UNO, which is where we got married. I was relieved that I didn't have to interview lots of caterers because I felt like I had a lot of other interviewing to do for the wedding. My dad also works at UNO, so he has had... Read More Brandeis' food many times and really recommended it, so I felt confident they would be great. And they were! People raved about the food that day after we'd eaten and after the wedding. I thought Michelle was really nice and easy to work with during the planning stages, and Mary was really great and helpful to me as the bride the day of the wedding. As far as I know, Mary was great and helped my mom and my friends decorate the reception room while I was getting ready. They were very professional and put out all the centerpieces when they arrived. Between the Thompson Center staff and Brandeis' staff, everyone really made me feel special and like I was "the star" of the day. Mary particularly made me feel like it was my day and anything I wanted was fine with her. I had fun in the meeting with Michelle when my mom and I were picking the menu because my mom asked a million questions and Michelle just rolled with it and knew all the answers and spoke very knowledgably about their food. Everything went very smoothly the day of the wedding, due in large part to Brandeis' professionalism and their friendliness.

Satisfied Bride

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Lindsay L

Brandeis is an exceptional catering company! There is a reason they are always ranked first in the BEST of OMAHA. The food was deicious and there was a wide selection to choose from. The staff is very professional and would bend over backwards to please their client. Not... Read More only did they provide amazing food, but their services also provided clean-up, set-up, around the clock workers for the duration of the event. Everyone is so friendly and their services are worth whatever you would pay for them.

Catering

Reviewed on 10/10/2011 Kristi S

The food was VERY good. We got a lot of compliments on it. The price is extremely high, but if you book the venue, you have no choice on catering. We had one bartender that was extremely rude to all of our guests and even tried to cut off the groom before he had even gotten a... Read More drink.

Great Service

Reviewed on 9/02/2011 Courtney R

Wonderful service. Brandeis helped plan the wedding reception and their service was great. They did a wonderful job making sure the night went off without a hitch.

Start a Conversation!