Breen Wedding Photography (Darren Breen Photography)

Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, West Michigan and Beyond

Photo Ninja and his Lovely Wife

Breen Wedding Photography (a branch of Darren Breen Photography) is a husband-wife team from Grand Haven, MI. Darren is a trained photojournalist and makes the majority of your gorgeous wedding photos, while Mandy looks after details, equipment, and helping to keep your big day run as smoothly as possible. We believe in the power of great photographs to document the genuine and authentic joys of your wedding day, and have fun working together to capture your love!

Artistic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Grand Haven, MI Grand Haven, Grand Rapids, West Michigan and Beyond (616) 795-1632

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Marcella G

We had Darren do our engagement and wedding pictures. We loved our photos! For our engagement session he took his time, explained what he was doing and why he used certain techniques, and had a unique and amazing vision for some pictures. He made us feel comfortable and made the... Read More experience enjoyable. For our wedding, the whole day was a blur but Darren captured some amazing moments (some of which I was not even present for). There was so much going on during the reception, I completely forgot about him at times but he was always in the background capturing the night. Mandy was an excellent help - she takes care of anything and everything. She makes the day/night go smoothly and can be a great line of communication to Darren or others in the wedding party. My husband and I had a fabulous experience with Darren and beautiful pictures to remind us of our special day forever. We highly recommend using them for your wedding and engagement session!

Reviewed on 12/29/2017 Morgan K

My husband and I can’t say enough great things about Darren and his wife Mandy. Throughout the entire wedding planning process Darren and Mandy were professional, accommodating, and extremely helpful. Darren’s attention to detail and overall expertise in photography are amazing.... Read More Both our engagement and wedding photos are beautiful and capture the true candid moments and love that surrounded the wedding day. Darren met with my husband and I about 2 weeks before the wedding to iron out the remaining details and try his best to make sure we were as calm and relaxed for the day as possible. Mandy was terrific the day of, she was aware of my stresses and did everything in her power to make sure the day was as smooth as possible and that we were able to get all the pictures we wanted. We are so happy that we chose Darren and Mandy to capture our wedding and we can’t thank them enough for all the amazing memories we now get to relive through their efforts. We will always keep them in mind for our future events and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Stacey A

Darren is amazing to work with. He took our engagement pictures and wedding pictures. They are beautiful! For our engagement session we had 3 outfit changes and multiple locations. We loved being able to take our time and not feel rushed. Darren was focused on getting the best... Read More pictures and didn't mind spending a few hours with us. For our wedding we got the package to have an extra photographer. It was well worth it to have another person to capture all the moments. Darren was with us for abut 12 hours on our wedding day. Again he was not rushing to get home. He stayed late into the night so we could have different lighting to play with. His wife Mandy works as Darren's assistant and she is AMAZING! She is more than just a photographer's assistant. My bridal party called her Mary Poppins because she would have anything you needed in her bag. I didn't have time to steam my dress. Mandy saw that it needed to be steam so she did it for me while I was getting my makeup done. I was so grateful for her help that day. Darren and Mandy make a great team. They are very professional, kind, and helpful. They are the people you want to have on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Brian K

Was great working with him and his lovely wife! Very professional and easy to work with. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Daniel T

We had a great overall experience with Darren and his wife Mandy. Engagement photos and wedding photos turned out great. I appreciated Darren's attention to detail in both his art and conducting business. I would recommend Darren to anyone I know without hesitation.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Katie T

My husband and I hired Darren Breen for our September wedding. We can not say enough good things about Darren and his lovely wife Mandy! From helping us narrow down locations to organizing the list of photos we wanted they were amazing. They both went above and beyond the day... Read More of the wedding. Mandy kept me calm during my “bridezilla” moments and Darren captured even the smallest of details as well as the candid moments between my husband and I. The pictures turned out phenomenal we couldn’t of asked for a better photographer. We were so lucky to find Darren and Mandy. In fact we are already planning to use them again in the future.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Sarah s

Darren and his wife Mandy are the ultimate photography team. Throughout the whole wedding planning process Darren did an amazing job communicating with us. He is very professional to work with. Unlike most photographers he took time outside the wedding day to do a walk-through... Read More of our marriage site and reception venue. During this time he was able to meet my husband and I and see our interaction with one another which was captured beautifully in our engagement and wedding photos. His attention to detail shows in all his work. His photography displays our special day as it happened which allows us to relive our experience. We are so happy we chose Darren to be our wedding photographer and will be using him in the future for special events. I would recommend to all my family and friends, or anyone looking for a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Bina P

Darren was absolutely amazing to work with! He captured our bicultural, non traditional outdoor wedding perfectly! The photos are so lovely.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Sheila R

Professional with spectacular results!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Gia C

We are so happy with our engagement & wedding photos! Darren did a wonderful job capturing candid moments and artistic shots - we have a 90 pg album full of photos we love. Darren was very professional, responded quickly to our emails and was flexible with plans. We had asked... Read More for a same day edit to be shown during our reception at the GRAM and though he had never tried it before Darren delivered. Our guests loved seeing some day-of photos and it was a big hit. On top of that, Darren & his wife Mandy were simply a joy to work with. So glad we chose Darren Breen Photography to capture our big day!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Alecia S

We were extremely happy with our photos from our wedding. Darren made us feel very comfortable. We would definitely recommend.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Nicole B

We could not be happier with Darren. Our wedding photos are fantastic. Darren and his wife Mandy were also incredibly helpful to us in planning out the logistics of our wedding. As a couple who was often quite lost when attempting to plan the wedding, Darren and Mandy's... Read More expertise helped us make several wedding decisions beyond the who was appearing for photos when. They were very accommodating and a real pleasure to work with. We highly recommend Darren for any wedding.

Reviewed on 11/01/2016 Brian D

Great experience overall! Darren got great photos without being a distraction. He was also creative and able to get unique once in a lifetime photos.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erin H

Darren did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. He understood our vision and brought it to life through his photography. It was so much fun for us to go through the photos and remember the day – he captured all the best memories from the entire day and made everyone look... Read More great. We did a “destination” wedding in Grand Haven so we weren’t familiar with the area, and he was great at making recommendations and showing us around to great photo locations – we only wish we’d had more time in the day so we could have made it to all the places! Darren also went above and beyond on our engagement photos to get to know us during the session and to deliver amazing photos that we could use in our wedding day guest book. Darren was great to work with, and we would highly recommend him for wedding photography.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Laurel A

Darren was one of the best choices we made during our wedding planning! We did our engagement photos as well as the wedding day photos with him. The engagement photos helped get my fiance, now husband, and I accustomed to Darren and his style of photography. On our wedding day,... Read More Darren was a calm presence and did not get flustered even when we were off schedule! I highly recommend him for beautiful artistic photos that capture the day as well as an energetic presence behind the camera. Darren Breen did a great job - would make this decision over again many times!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Aiyana B

Darren is a fantastic photographer! He is creative and professional. We love how our photos turned out. He is worth the price, didn't have to stress at all that my pictures would be great. He is highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 John D

My wife Dolly and I loved having Darren and Mandy photographing our wedding at the Garfield Park Conservatory in Chicago. Darren is a photographic wizard. He captures the candid shots especially well. He also had many good suggestions for wedding pictures and how to plan the... Read More schedule for the wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Vicki H

Overall Darren did a terrific job. He was very detail-oriented and made certain we were happy with his recommendations, etc. We would have loved more photos of the people who attended, but that may have just been a miscommunication between us and him. We also only had Darren... Read More take pictures of the ceremony and start of the reception so there was not a lot of time. We were married on the beach and Darren took some very beautiful pics of my husband and I walking on the beach/dunes prior to the ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Brittany C

Darren and his wife were great! Darren is such a fun, nice guy to work with who produces great images, expresses his creativity, and really gets to your level. I am a photographer as well, and he was very nice in asking me if I had any shots I wanted to do, etc, and he respected... Read More our wishes to not call our bridal brigade "bridesmaids" (personal preference), but his listening skills and raw talent really helped us have a great day.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Kathleen K

Darren and Mandy were fabulous photographers! They were kind, fun, and so very hard working! Darren was incredibly responsive well in advance of my wedding and was very thoughtful throughout the entire process. As I was planning a wedding from across the country, I couldn't be... Read More there to do a walk through with him, but thankfully my mom could. She couldn't say enough wonderful things. He noted where light fell and calculated where it would be come the wedding, he had plan B and probably a plan C. Not only did he help me through the photos, but he gave great advice on things such as timeframes and other wedding insight that a first-timer like myself couldn't possibly have known of. Plus, our photos turned our phenomenal! I could not recommend him and his wonderful wife Mandy highly enough!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Tara G

Darren was an amazing photographer! We were getting eaten alive by mosquitoes during our engagement shoot and it didn't even phase Darren! He was very focused and wanted to do everything he could to take amazing photos, which he accomplished! When it came to our wedding, I... Read More absolutely loved him and his wife! They make an amazing team and do everything they can to make your wedding great! They pulled us aside later in the night to get some night photos of just me and my husband and I love that they took the time to do that!! I can't wait to see how it all turns out! I would highly recommend Darren for a photographer. You can really tell its his passion and he will not let you down. I couldn't have been happier with my choice for my wedding photographer.

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Amy V

Darren and Mandy are the dream team of wedding photography! Darren has such an amazing talent for capturing ‘moments’ which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. His focus is not on the formal photos but the moments that you share with family and friends that make the... Read More day perfectly special. Darren captured the natural fun and excitement that is so important. Darren's ability not to miss a moment is incredible and his energy and passion comes across in the photos. Darren and Mandy make such a great team and we could not be happier that we chose them to capture our wedding.

Reviewed on 11/25/2015 Kelly V

When I first met Darren, I knew I wanted to have him be our wedding photographer. His pictures from other weddings captured those perfect moments and emotions. I knew I needed pictures like that like I needed air. :) Anyway, Darren was amazing. He was constantly communicating... Read More with us beforehand. His wife helped him on our big day and she was just the best. She helped me keep my cool which was a blessing. Wedding day jitters are a real thing. The pictures? I couldn't have been more of an emotional wreck (in a completely good way) when we finally got to look through them all. I laughed. I cried. We got those beautiful pictures we had only dreamed of having. I couldn't recommend Darren enough. If you're reading this and wondering if he could be your wedding photographer, make it happen. :)

So we wanted a "photo ninja"...

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Christel W

When you AND your husband to be are freelance photographers (who don't like to be photographed...oh the irony lol) finding your perfect wedding photographer goes to a whole new level of difficult. Did I mention we were on a budget as well? Oh, adding to this dilemma...my fiance... Read More

was living in Michigan & I'm in North Carolina! After looking through about a dozen photographers we found Darren Breen on a site for a wedding walk event in Grand Haven MI. Once we emailed Darren letting him know about our vintage 40's/50's style wedding & our multiple challenges:logistics, finances, finding someone who can be a "photo ninja" & get great shots of us since we're generally the ones taking the photos etc; it didn't take long before we knew that Darren was our guy. He was the only photographer who took an interest in our photography & actually looked at our work to get a feel for us as artists. This really meant a lot to me, it meant that he took the time to see what our style of photography was, so as to know what we were wanting from him as an artist. Darren (& his wife) were so incredibly nice & easy to work with, the 2411 remaining characters that I have left aren't enough to describe how wonderful they are! As my (now) husband & I gave Darren ideas we had for photos, he was very receptive. The Big Day came & of course as these things tend to go...we had a few hiccups. We were running late, there were issues with the music etc. Darren just rolled with it & even had to save the day at the last minute when our music wouldn't work! His lovely wife downloaded the song I was to walk down the aisle to on her phone to plug into the sound system. At the reception we had a lot of fun getting shots that we had talked about around a pool table, then down at the beach/lakeside. After it was all over & we got to see the final result there were so many photos that my husband & I kept saying "I didn't know he got that!" Darren truly lived up to our hopes of a Photo Ninja. We couldn't have been happier. All the photos captured the day & all the things that made it unique to us, just as we had hoped. Darren made our vision come to life in his images just as we knew he would. Friends & family that look at his photos can't stop complimenting us on our choice of photographers. We couldn't imagine having anyone else there with us on that day. Typically your vendors get forgotten about after all is said & done where as Darren & his wife felt like old friends at our wedding. We never felt like we had strangers there intruding on our celebration, with cameras in our faces. You only saw their smiling faces & saw the great images captured later. Darren Breen Photography does not disappoint!

Amazing attention to detail!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Mandi C

We chose Darren Breen as our wedding photographer after he came highly recommended from another wedding vendor. After viewing his portfolio and speaking with him, he was clearly the correct choice for us. With our wedding package, we also got engagement photos, but we opted to... Read More go for a less traditional photo shoot that included 4-5 different locations, 3 outfit changes, and even our dogs. Throughout the entire shoot, Darren was extremely professional, funny, and understanding of what we were going for, and he spent over 5 hours taking hundreds of pictures for us. He made us feel very comfortable with him, to the point that when we saw him at our wedding, it was like reconnecting with an old friend. On our wedding day, Darren spent 12 hours with us, taking pictures of the girls getting ready, the wedding, the bridal party pics, and the entire wedding reception. I think he and his wife Mandy were the last to leave the venue. The variety in the pictures that he took, and his ability to capture moments of every guest at the wedding made the collection of photos he sent to us a few weeks later into almost a flip-book reminder of our amazing day. Darren really understood who we were and what we were looking for in our wedding photos, and the quality of the photos that he took will be cherished forever!