West Michigan's Premier Party Band

Brena Band is a one-stop-shop when it comes to wedding entertainment. Their six member band, featuring guitars, drums, horns, violin, keyboards, and tight vocal harmonies, will keep your guests dancing all night long. Their wide variety of songs offer a little something for everyone; ranging from oldies, to current top 40 hits, classic rock to smooth R&B, country to high energy dance music, and everything in between. In addition to their well-oiled wedding reception dance party, they offer a classical and contemporary string trio for your ceremony. To add even more sophistication to your wedding, they also offer a jazz trio that is perfect for cocktail hour. Brena Band provides professional sound and lighting, emcee, and DJ services. Send Brena Band a message for more details!

Instruments

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100
340be60c 20f2 414a addb 4083a1d96c7a~rs 100

Grand Rapids, MI (231) 233-1680

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Laura F

Having Brena band play at your wedding is a sure-fire way to make the day unforgettable! We hired the guys to play something different for each part of our wedding; classical music for the ceremony, jazz trio for the cocktail hour, and full band for our reception. What an... Read More incredible choice and investment! A few weeks before the big day, one of the band members (Craig) called to talk in detail about the day. Our conversation was thorough and we talked about details like microphone placement for the ceremony, what instruments would be used for the jazz trio and how they'd introduce us as we walked in. Craig was accommodating and attentive to our special requests (songs during the send-off and collaborating with a special guest singer (Ellie Frances - outstanding voice!) for two numbers at the reception. Throughout our entire experience it was evident that this band really cared about us and using their talents to make our day magical. Craig even sent recordings beforehand of both the first dance and unity symbol songs they'd practiced, to ensure we were happy with the way they sounded. The day-of was spectacular. Brena's ceremony music was beautiful. Our guests can attest to the awesome jazz combo during cocktail hour and the reception...by far the one of the best choices we made in booking them! Everyone was dancing all night long. In fact, we had to move a few more tables and chairs out of the way to make more room for the dance floor. We can't count how many times family and friends asked where we found Brena. My uncle said he wants to book the band and he lives in NYC - they were THAT great! Brena band is a group of professional and talented musicians that put on an incredibly fun show with loads of on-stage presence and charm. Bottom line: Book this band for your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Booking Brena was the best wedding planning decision we could have made! Craig was so easy and helpful to work with in the build up to the wedding, and the whole band absolutely killed it the night of. They had great crowd interaction, making it a blast for all of the guests.... Read More We're still getting compliments on them several weeks later. We also opted for all the bells and whistles (string trio for the ceremony, jazz quartet for cocktail hour, and a saxophonist who was available to play with the band at the reception), all of which were well worth it. We whole-heartedly recommend doing the same!

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Ashley B

I cannot tell you how many friends and family members told my husband and I that our wedding was the best they ever went to. I definitely give a ton of this credit to Brena! We first saw Brena perform at a Grand Rapids bar. 2-3 songs into their set, I told my husband that this... Read More was the band we needed to book. This was an entire year before our wedding day. During that time, two of my bridesmaids and some more of my friends went to see Brena at different venues. Every time, I would get texts about how great Brena was and how they were excited to see them preform at the wedding. This made us even more excited to see them again! When our wedding finally came, Brena performed a jazz trio during our cocktail hour (which we heard was beautiful) followed by a full reception. I can honestly say, the dance floor was never empty. They preformed special songs that we requested a little time on advance like the first dance song and the father daughter song. But really everything was amazing. They were extremely accommodating and upbeat. Our guests really had a great experience and thought the band was very interactive. I already have and would continue to recommend Brena to anyone and everyone. Every penny you spend is repaid ten fold. Thank you so much for everything guys! We will see you soon!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Brittani M

Book Brena - the day you get engaged! They’re not only the best, they’re the best to work with. Music is the single fastest way to make or break the mood at any event, so on your wedding day it’s nothing to take lightly. Having them on your big day is an experience you’ll never... Read More forget...our family and friends are still raving. Trust the reviews, give them a call, and secure your date!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Emily L

Brena easily was one of the best things about our wedding! They kept the party going until midnight, the dance floor was always full. From ceremony to cocktail hour to reception they did an amazing job keeping people entertained. They truly made our day so unforgettable, you... Read More NEED to hire them for your special day!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Alicia H

Booking these guys for our wedding was the best decision we made. There is something about a live band that a DJ just can’t recreate. They keep the momentum going and we were on the dance floor from start to finish! We also had them play classical versions of some of our... Read More favorites for the ceremony. We had so many compliments about how wonderful they were and multiple friends that want to book them for their upcoming weddings. The easiest vendor to work with by far, so professional, I can’t say enough about how amazing these guys are! Do yourself a favor and book Brena, you won’t regret it.

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Kristen D

The best wedding band. Truly the best. Easy to work with, kind, thoughtful, and flexible. They respond quickly to email, made planning incredibly easy on us, were willing to change the music plan even on the day of the event, and truly seemed invested in our happiness and... Read More making sure that everyone had fun at our wedding. And, above all that, they're incredibly talented musicians. They did strings for the ceremony, jazz for the cocktail hour, and the full 6-person amazing band for the party and never seemed to get tired, never faded, and performed incredibly well until the end of the night. All of the music was awesome. Even the songs that they learned for us were performed incredibly well. If they're available, you should book them now...there's no better option.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Emily K

We couldn't recommend Brena more highly! They were wonderful to work with, kind and fun, and exceptionally talented musicians. We hired them for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and they truly made our night. Every one of our guests was on the dance floor, singing and... Read More dancing - even my 84 year old grandmother. We love Brena and will never forget how memorable they made our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Karen S

Brena was FANTASTIC! The bride and groom's wishes were to have the best party of the summer and Brena made that happen! We had a tent and dance floor specially built for the band, since that is where the party was going to be after dinner. Everyone moved from where the dinner... Read More was served to seating around the dance floor (seats were not used much since everyone was up dancing). We had Craig sing at the church ceremony. To show how accommodating they are, I actually texted Craig to add another song to the service at 7:00 the morning of the 2:00 wedding, no problem he replied back. We also had the jazz quartet for cocktail hour, and the band for the the main reception. What amazing talent they all have. People that were at the reception are still talking about the fun they had dancing to the best band they had ever heard. We also booked the venue around the availability of the band, it was the best decision we made! Our only wish was that they could have played longer than 11:00, but because of the sound ordinance around the lake, we couldn't:( Thanks again guys you made the reception a huge success.

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Michelle M

Booking Brena was the absolute best wedding decision we made! They were so responsive and flexible and built a package around our wants and needs. What could've been the most complicated part of our day (the reception) was actually the easiest - Craig and Stephen took care of... Read More everything. Most importantly THEY. BROUGHT. THE. HOUSE. DOWN. People on the street and restaurant below were devastated that they couldn't come join our party. I can't say enough good things. Great people, fantastic musicians. The hubs and I might get married again just to rebook them. :)

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Brandon W

Like many other reviews, we picked our wedding date around Brena being available and you should too! Almost no one left the reception because everyone was listening to the fantastic music and dancing. People were literally coming off the street asking who the band was. Craig... Read More has everything buttoned up leading up the big day, very easy to work with. I can't say it enough, Brena was the BEST decision made for our wedding, besides deciding to marry my wife of course. :0)

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Heather L

It's hard for me to put in words how amazing Brena band was for our wedding! They sounded great and our guests never left the dance floor! Leading up to the wedding, Craig was a pleasure to work with and was always available to talk to/email during the planning process.... Read More Working with this band was such a good decision and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a band! They added so much excitement and fun to our day! Thank you for the best night of our lives!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Kara H

I cannot express how thankful I am we chose Brena for our wedding!! Having a band at our wedding was something I knew I wanted from the beginning, and I can't imagine a more perfect band than Brena. They were a dream to work with from day one, after talking to Craig on the phone... Read More the first time we knew Brena was the band for us! We had Brena play at our ceremony and cocktail hour as well - and we're so glad we did! They made our reception absolutely perfect, from keeping the evening going along on time, to playing exactly what everyone wanted to hear when we wanted to hear it! Every single person of all ages was on the dance floor, all night long, and that is exactly what we wanted! We loved their song selections, and every song, no matter the genre, sounded amazing and had the whole crowd dancing and singing every word! They learned two songs for our first dances, and again, played them perfectly! The lead singer was amazing and could sing all types of songs! The rest of the instrumentalists were also so talented. I truly cannot recommend Brena enough. Thank you for everything, Brena!!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Kelsey T

We based our wedding date around Brena. They are THAT good. Craig was amazing to work with and was so helpful with everything. They were all so personable also. People could not stop talking about the band after the wedding. Older people who planned on leaving a little early... Read More stayed ALL night because of the music. Brena will make every wedding amazing. Thank you for making mine unforgettable!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 lauren b

Seriously...THE BEST. Sure, having a live band is great, but having Brena play is next level. We actually got upset that we had to talk to our friends and family and not be out on the dance floor all night. These guys and gal are seriously talented...we're hoping they'll play at... Read More our future children's bar mitvahs :)

Reviewed on 2/23/2017 Shelby W

A band can make or break a wedding and Brena Band absolutely made our wedding! Each and every band member is talented beyond measure, energetic, and polite. The entire process was seamless, from booking to the day of, they never missed a beat. We are so pleased with our choice... Read More and have been getting compliment after compliment on the band. You cannot go wrong with Brena Band!

Reviewed on 2/13/2017 Erin C

We planned our wedding around the availability of Brena. We heard from almost every guest that they were the best they had ever heard. They made the wedding memorable! If you want an unforgettable wedding day, book Brena as your wedding band!

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Laura M

We planned our wedding date based on Brena's availability. THAT is how amazing they are! Their organization, professionalism and prompt responses make wedding planning seamless as a bride. They require minimum direction, outside of special requests. Brenda is an... Read More accommodating group and extremely personable. Our dance floor was full before 9 PM, and our guests are still raving about our reception. Everyone had the time of their lives. Book Brena as soon as you put a ring on it - best and easiest decision you will make!

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Claire C

If you hire Brena for your wedding or event, you can rest easy knowing that your guests will have an unforgettable time. They're incredibly professional, easy-going, charismatic, and unbelievably talented. They played for our ceremony, organized the music for cocktail hour &... Read More dinner, and played our reception. I've never seen a wedding dance floor more packed! I can't overemphasize how impressed I was with them. You won't regret hiring Brena!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Paula O

What an amazing night, so glad we hired the Brena Band for our daughter's wedding! Professionals, easy to work with and great interaction with our guests! Our guests had a great time ... still getting calls telling us how amazing the band was! Thank you for helping make the... Read More wedding so special.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Emily R

Brena is AMAZING. They were our wedding band in September and I am so happy we hired them. The dance floor was full all night long and I got endless complements on how great they were. They sure know how to entertain! They play different styles of music, they use multiple... Read More different instruments, they engage with the audience...it's awesome. Everyone had a blast at my wedding because of them :) Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Lindsey W

If I could give more stars, I would. Craig is AMAZING - fast to respond, fast to assist, and fast to recommend a variety of things to make sure the day of the wedding goes smoothly! Day of the wedding - we had them do our ceremony and reception - they were perfect for both!... Read More They arrived early to set-up and worked well with the ceremony/reception site. They were professional and jammed all night long! We received feedback from our guests who loved the band and music (and the bridesmaids were swooning over these guys). They made sure to keep everything going throughout the day, which was SO helpful! My cousin wanted them for her wedding next September and they're already booked! This doesn't surprise me, as they are amazing! Thank you again for making our day that much more special - it was greatly appreciated! I would definitely recommend them for any event and would hire them again in a minute!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016

When we were looking at bands for our wedding day, we were just blown away at how incredible these guys sound, and perform. All of them live to entertain and it shows! This is by far the best cover band I have ever heard! They can play anything and have such a wide range of... Read More talents from instrumentation and vocals that you just can't miss. We asked them to play for the ceremony we had on the Lake Michigan Beach, along with some sweet jazz sounds while everyone drank in the spirits and a beautiful sunset. After dinner, the band swelled to all six guys and we danced into the night to a full moon to every style and era of music you could imagine. Besides just the talent and professionalism they bring, you could not ask for a more personal group of guys to have as the extra guests for your wedding. They just fit right in. And to Craig, I must say, every time we spoke with you, it felt like we have known you our whole life. God provided us with the natural beauty of the setting but Brena brought the atmosphere! Check out their site, check their schedule and find a public event they are playing. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Jordan S

Let me get the important message out: Hire these gents for your wedding. Steffan and his bandmates are incredibly talented, charismatic, and most importantly, great guys. We booked Brena a long time ago, and Steffan has been a joy to speak with ever since. He and I talked about... Read More important songs, the schedule to the evening, and anything else that might have been important frequently. He was always affable, and perhaps most incredible, I, as the groom, looked forward to a wedding preparatory conversation every time it was with him. Brena were flexible enough to learn songs I alerted them to mere days before the wedding, and they even learned a (reasonably corny) '50s tune the day of for me to dance with my mother. Oh, and for you future brides and grooms, you're welcome if they bust out "Our Time Is Running Out" at your wedding. Every person in the band is excellent at what they do, kind, and fun. The fact that they've done weddings several times before is abundantly clear, as the flow of songs, the candor from the band, and the atmosphere work perfectly. Let me reiterate. Hire these gents. You won't regret it for a second, and your wedding will be unforgettable.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Christine C

I cannot thank Brena enough for playing on our wedding day! They played both our ceremony and reception and it was truly amazing. Not only are they extremely talented, but they are some of the nicest people I have met and so energetic- literally every one of our guests was on... Read More the dance floor because of them! If I had to do this all again, I would choose Brena a million times over!

Craig Avery

Craig Avery received a Bachelor of Arts in Music from Grand Valley State University in 2009. He has over 25 years of experience in music, with a diverse musical background in jazz, classical, pop, funk, and everything in between. Book Brena for your wedding today!