Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club

Hoffman Estates, IL

Book Your Wedding with Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club

A BALLROOM IN HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL

Glorious gardens, rolling fairways and greens and breathtaking sunsets are what a bride and groom can expect when hosting their wedding at the Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club. This indoor and outdoor wedding venue is located less than an hour outside of Chicago, Illinois, in the suburb of Hoffman Estates. There are plenty of activities to enjoy in the area, such as shopping, parks or taking a stroll in the nearby gardens at Goebbert’s Farm and Garden Center. There are many hotels to choose from in the surrounding area for out-of-town guests or a wedding night stay for the bride and groom.

Outdoor Ceremony Space. The Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club provides a stunning outdoor location for the wedding ceremony. The bride and groom will take their vows in front of an open-air gazebo with a waterfall and lush trees as the backdrop. This area includes the setup of white chairs and use of the area for up to one hour. The outdoor area measures 8,200 square feet and can accommodate 250 guests. A social hour can also be held in this area, with a fee for setup, tables and a bar.

Banquet Room. The indoor banquet room can accommodate up to 250 seated guests and allows for plenty of room for a dance floor and guests to mingle. The room is elegantly decorated and surrounded by large windows that look out over the golf course.

An event consultant is assigned to the bride and groom when choosing the Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club. The consultant helps to personalize and execute all the finer details that the couple desires on their wedding day, including referrals to preferred vendors.

The couple’s budget and personal style is always taken into consideration when planning everything from the menu to the layout of the ceremony and reception. The catering options allow for a plated meal, a buffet style service or food stations. Cocktail hours, desserts and coffee stations are also available.

The wedding package includes butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, wine service with dinner, a champagne toast for all guests and four hours of call brand bar service. The venue also includes a custom wedding cake in its package. The venue can provide white tablecloths, linen napkins, place cards and a gift table. Candles and mirrors are also available.

The Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club is an all-around scenic and pleasant place to host a wedding celebration. The to-be-weds can also take advantage of the following extra perks:

• A 10 percent discount is offered to a bride and groom holding their nuptial celebration on a Friday or Sunday, excluding holiday weekends
  • The beautiful championship golf course at the Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club is a great place for the groom and his wedding entourage to enjoy some time together before the wedding day; lessons are offered also
  • Bridal suite available

Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club

Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club provides a spacious clubhouse paired with elegant decor and exceptional cuisine. Our intimate banquet rooms and outdoor ceremony area accommodate groups up to 250. Our banquet rooms offer guests a breathtaking view of our 18-hole championship golf course.

Ballroom, Country Club, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1400 Poplar Creek Drive, Hoffman Estates, IL (847) 781-3658

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Brianna H

I had my wedding here, and it was the absolute most amazing experience. From the venue to all of the wedding personnel involved, I was stunned. It was not only beautiful, but Jennifer, the coordinator, was the most accommodating wedding planner I had ever met. Jennifer, went... Read More above and beyond to ensure I had the wedding of my dreams. From day one she made me so comfortable, at ease, and worry-free about my special day. Jennifer made sure we had planned both an outdoor wedding as well as indoor back up plan in case of unfavorable weather. Even as the wedding day was fast approaching Jennifer made anything and everything, no matter how difficult or extravagant a change, possible. As far as the food, service, atmosphere along with the entertainment, I would give it all a 5-star rating. I was actually so impressed with this venue that I forwarded and recommended it to three of my friends that were soon to be married within the next year. Hands down the most impressive, elegant and wonderful venue in the northwest suburbs. Without Jennifer my big day would not have been possible.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Brynn S

Jennifer is amazing. Planning a wedding is overwhelming and she was there every step of the way. We didn't want a cookie cutter reception venue and we stumbled upon this golf course. We bothered her for a few tastings and many different add-ons to our special day. She was... Read More courteous and flexible to make the requests possible. We asked for a special red wine and she worked with their vendors to find it. We were able to bring in special Italian pastries (from local licensed bakeries) that helped make it a special day. Pictures were taken around the golf course and at the stunning gazebo. We couldn't have had better weather for our outdoor cocktail hour. This place is a hidden gem. Food is amazing! People are still talking about the food. Book them. You will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Stephanie D

My husband and I chose to have our ceremony and reception at Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club in August and from start to finish it was the most perfect day! Jennifer and her staff went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect. We were able to bring in our... Read More decorations the week of the wedding and the room was completely set up upon our arrival-not one thing out of place. Our ceremony started promptly at 5pm without any missteps from the staff. The outdoor space is absolutely beautiful with no need for additional flowers or decorations. Throughout our cocktail hour and reception, Jennifer and the banquet captain were outstanding. The food was served piping hot with generous portions. We had a split menu and each guest got served exactly what they ordered! At the end of the night we were told that we could come back the next day to pick up all of our things-that made the night so much easier and stress free. Overall our day was absolutely perfect, all thanks to Jennifer and her staff. If I could I would give Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club 10 Stars!!! From the pricing to Jennifer, the banquet captain, and their entire staff to the venue overall...it was the most perfect day!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Rachel B

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception here in October 2017. The venue is beautiful and there is an amazing outdoor ceremony space. Jennifer was very responsive and accommodating through our entire wedding planning process. Bridges of Poplar Creek is also very... Read More accommodating with dietary restrictions, which was very important for our wedding as we had many guests with food allergies. The food at our reception was delicious and many of our guests commented on how good the food was. The only reason I am not giving Bridges of Poplar Creek 5 stars is because the staff threw our cake topper away after they cut the cake. Fortunately, my maid of honor noticed that we did not have the cake topper and demanded that the staff dig through the garbage to find it. We did get it back, but I was upset that it happened in the first place. If you get married here, definitely assign someone to keep track of your cake topper, cake cutting set and toasting flutes! Otherwise, you might not get them back. I understand that mistakes happen, but the cake topper is typically a keepsake and the staff should have asked if we wanted it before making a decision on their own to throw it away. My husband and I had our cake topper custom designed and had no intention of throwing it away. Other than the cake topper incident, our wedding was great and we would still recommend Bridges of Poplar Creek!

2017-11-01T11:14:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review and thank you again for hosting your wedding here. I do apologize for the incident with the misplaced cake topper. This was not intentional and was an accident. We take pride in setting up these items along with any other... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Bill G

My husband and I just had our ceremony and reception at Bridges, and we cannot say enough great things about it. Everything from the staff, the food and everything in between was amazing! We would highly recommend having your wedding here! Thank you. Jennifer and staff for... Read More making our wedding the best it could be!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Stacy T

I recently got married and I am SO happy we chose Bridges of Poplar Creek for our ceremony and reception. The gazebo area is so gorgeous that we didn't even need to decorate anything for the ceremony. The reception space is perfect. We had 100 people, but it didn't seem too big... Read More for the number we had. Food was great. Jennifer was AWESOME to work with. I think I emailed her hundreds of times leading up to the wedding and she always responded promptly and was always willing to help. It was unseasonably HOT for our wedding and Jennifer did everything she could to make it more comfortable for everyone. They are reasonably priced and all around just great. We could not be happier with how everything turned out!! Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Paige D

Bridges of Poplar Creek is amazing! My husband and I had our reception there on October 14th 2017. From the start Jennifer made everything so easy. She was great to work with, she was flexible, there to answer any questions we had and really helped us make our day perfect! The... Read More venue is beautiful, unfortunately we had some bad weather and couldn't use the outside area for cocktail hour but that didn't matter. The room was beautiful and just how we imagined it would look! The food tasted great, the staff was wonderful, we can't say enough about how great this venue is! We would recommend it to anyone looking for a beautiful setting, wonderful staff and an easy wedding planning process!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Katilyn O

I had my wedding here September 2017. Everyone talks about weddings being so stressful to plan. I did not feel like that and I think it has to do with booking it here. I did not have to worry about a thing. I brought all the stuff I wanted for the wedding day a week before and... Read More it was all set up the day of. One thing I loved was the waiters brought in food and champagne to the bridal suit without asking! This place is beautiful and they really try to make your day the best they can! I recommend this place hands downs!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kerstin P

My husband and I got married there on Sept 3rd. It was absolutely beautiful! Everything was perfect and the staff was so helpful! Jennifer was great to work with.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Loreto L

Jennifer is fantastic! She went out of her way to give us everything we wanted. We had our wedding September 2017 and I don't think it could have gone any better. We definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Alaina K

We are so glad we chose Bridges of Poplar Creek for our wedding ceremony and reception and to have had Jennifer coordinate and supervise it! Jennifer responded timely to all of our questions and worked with our vendors. There was a 90% chance of rain on our wedding day, and... Read More Jennifer worked with us by the minute to keep us updated about the ceremony location. Fortunately, we were able to have our wedding ceremony outside, and the staff worked flawlessly to set it up. We were also able to take the golf carts around to get pictures on the gorgeous grounds. Bridges of Poplar Creek took a lot of the stress out of wedding planning by providing an amazing cake vendor (included in the price), setting up our decorations, and providing all of the minor things we didn't think about. The food was also amazing; our guests are still complimenting it after almost 2 weeks. We couldn't have chosen a better venue!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Felicia J

I attended a wedding here this past weekend, and I had a horrible experience. At first, I was optimistic because the environment was beautiful. Unfortunately, the food and service were poor. For example, the serving portions were very small and the vegetables were under cooked.... Read More I was the only vegan at the table, and I had to ask for my plate several minutes after everyone else was served. The staff seemed to have forgotten about me. Also, the waitress was abrupt when asking me whether my child wanted the kids meal or not. All I saw was the waitress's back after my daughter told me she wanted the kids meal. Soon after toasting the bride and groom, the servers came to take away the champagne glasses before we were finished drinking. In fact, my cousin lifted up her glass for a toast and the waitress grabbed the glass out of her hand. My cousin told her " I am not done with my drink." and the waitress responded " Well, you are now!" in a mean tone. Then, after dessert, all the bottles of wine, even full bottles, were spirited away from the tables. Also, the waitress tried to confiscate some gluten free prepackaged cupcakes I brought in for my sisters. I guess you need to guard any food or drink with your life for fear that it will be taken away from you. In short, I do not recommend this place.

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Kaitlyn K

My husband and I got married on 9/17/16 and everything was absolutely STUNNING and GORGEOUS!!!! Jennifer and her team were so great and went above and beyond for us. Honestly everything was perfect and more then I could have ever imagined on our wedding day! Jennifer was always... Read More so sweet, kind, helpful and there whenever I needed her or had any questions she was there. Our guest till this day still talk about how perfect, beautiful and smooth our wedding day went. The food is AMAZING and the golf course is GORGEOUS to capture those special moments!! Everything about Bridges of Poplar Creek is amazing and beautiful and everyone there is so great to work with!! We cant thank you enough for everything ..we want to relive our wedding over and over again!! We cant wait for our next opportunity to have another event with you! Thank you so much!! :)

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Matthew K

My wife and I had our wedding at Bridges of Poplar Creek in June of 2016 and we both agree it was the best day of our lives. This was in no small part due to the support staff at Bridges of Poplar Creek and the beautiful venue they support. Jennifer and Brian were courteous... Read More and professional from the first moment we met them. My wife and I had a great feeling about the venue and staff right away, and Jennifer in particular was amazing to work with. She was attentive and interested in making sure our special day was truly amazing. The planning process was very smooth, the staff was very organized and thorough. Every call, meeting, and rehearsal showed how professional the staff at Bridges is. On the day of the wedding, Jennifer and Brian bent over backwards to ensure my wife and I had the perfect day. Jennifer in particular was attentive to our needs and after all was said and done, we feel she played a huge role in the success of our day. The rest of the staff at Bridges played a huge role, from the kitchen, wait, and bar staff. When my wife and I will think back on our wedding day, we will not only remember the ceremony and reception, but those who helped us in making the day a huge success. Bridges of Poplar Creek made sure every need was met and it felt like our big day was also their big day too. We are truly appreciative of Jennifer and Brian, along with the rest of the staff, and they deserve more than the 5 stars I am able to give them for this rating.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Lynne C

I attended a wedding at Bridges of Poplar Creek on Saturday October 1st. The venue was beautiful. The food, not only wonderful but was hot when served. Many weddings/events that you attend you witness picked over plates by the guests, not here. But what stood out more than... Read More the venue and the food was the staff. Upon arriving for the reception cocktail hour, my husband and I experienced a slight confusion when the table our place card had us assigned to, was full. I spoke to a young lady and asked for assistance. In short order, the wedding planner and venue representative discovered that the place card simply had the wrong table number on it and helped us find the correct table. Sometime later, when dinner was being served, that young lady from earlier passed by me and said that she was so happy to see that I had found my table. And upon seeing the smiles and laughter of the entire table, also commented on what a great table it was. She wished me a wonderful evening and was off to finish what she was doing. I was thoroughly impressed that this young lady, with everything going on during a reception, not only remembered our very brief interaction from earlier, but that she personally followed up with me. Customer service is often what sets apart a good venue from one that is lacking. My experience at Bridges of Poplar Creek tells me that you can rest assured that you and your guests will experience impeccable customer service and have a wonderful event!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Emily K

If you're looking for a venue that has it all: ambience, beauty, service and the best staff. You've found it. Jennifer is amazing, she's an experienced professional and made everything so easy and smooth. My wedding day was the best day of my life and I owe a lot of the credit... Read More to Jennifer and her team at Poplar Creek!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 KRISTEN M

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Bridges of Poplar Creek and it was perfect! From the first time we walked in, the staff was so helpful. When we saw the gazebo area for the outdoor wedding, we were sold! It was so beautiful and the atmosphere was just what we were... Read More looking for. We loved that we could have our cocktail hour outdoor where our ceremony was held. Jennifer and her staff did an amazing job answering all of our questions and helping up plan the perfect day! She was very easy to get a hold of, work with, and knowledgeable about other local vendors. Nancy took our decorations and visions for the reception room and made them come to life! Our guests have continued to tell us how wonderful everything was from the service, to the food, to the location. Everyone had a wonderful time celebrating! We could not have asked for a better staff to work with!

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Ryan C

Hands down AMAZING!! My wife and I had our wedding in September here. We had 130 guests. The garden setting was amazing, Although it's at a golf course you would not even know because of how secluded and intimate they make it feel. It's a beautiful garden with water features... Read More and a gazebo at the center. Our wedding pictures turned out PERFECT!! The staff was hands down the best!! Before finding this gem my wife and I looked around and talked to many other venues around Chicagoland. All the other venues looked at us like dollar signs. Jennifer and her staff looked at us like family. They were so helpful and responded quickly with any questions or concerns we had. The food was outstanding. Highly recommend the late night burgers. Our guests loved them. My wife and I couldn't have been happier to have had our special day here. Thank you Jennifer and Diane for everything!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Daria E

Picking Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club for my wedding ceremony and reception was one of there best decisions that I have ever made. The whole property is beautiful, it provides a lot of opportunities for great wedding photos. We got married outside at the gazebo, which... Read More was decorated with flowers. Our guests loved cocktail hour outside at their beautiful stone bar. The whole wedding party really enjoyed taking golf carts and talking pictures on the golf course. Reception room was decorated absolutely beautiful! I loved the layout of the room and coral bows on all chairs. Food was delicious and many of my guests still tell me how good it tasted. We were able to make all of this happen thanks to Jennifer, who really helped us for entire year. All servers, bartenders and just people who helped us with organizing at Bridges at Poplar Creek were extremely nice and helpful.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Kelly B

We got married on September 30th. The venue was absolutely beautiful, and the food was amazing. People are still talking about it!!! The staff was very accommodating, quick responses and had plenty of options. They are honest, and tell you everything you should expect. I'd... Read More encourage you to go in and speak with them and get a sneak peak! We worked with Jennifer throughout the planning process, and Brian was our coordinator that day. The day was perfect!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Mishemma J

A truly wonderful experience!!! Jennifer Fuller is an amazing person. Jennifer, Diane, and Brian were very accommodating and responsive through out our entire process. The facility is beautiful, with everything you desire for an outdoor wedding. Our wedding and reception went... Read More off without a hitch thanks to Jennifer and her fabulous team. We had a very joyous experience.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Christina D

Absolute amazing venue! We recently had our wedding here on September 2nd, and I couldn't have asked for a better day. When we were searching for venues, I wanted either a garden or a beach wedding and although my husband was a fan of golf courses, I was not. When we found... Read More this venue with an enclosed but open garden area with a beautiful gazebo and an amazing indoor reception area, and perfect greenery for pictures for a reasonable price, it was hard to pass it up. We immediately booked it!! The staff is amazing. Jennifer and Diane were so responsive by phone and email; it was nice working with people who are not only friendly, but so willing to help. They answered every and any question we had, and it made us feel at ease. We had about 130 guests, and it was a very spacious venue with plenty of room...we felt at ease the entire night. The food was fantastic and we got so many nice comments from our guests on the food and venue. I will recommend this venue to everyone and anyone. We couldn't have had a better day...thank you, Bridges, for making this possible for us!! :)

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Patrice F

We just had our wedding on 8/21/2016 and it was PERFECT! Jennifer F. was wonderful through the entire process. The venue has a beautiful gazebo, where we held our ceremony. Both our guests and vendors raved about how gorgeous everything was. We are so happy we chose Bridges of... Read More Poplar Creek! I just wish we could re-live the day over again😁

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Diana K

Ryan and I were so lucky to have Jennifer help us plan our ceremony and reception at the Bridges of Poplar Creek Country Club. She made the entire wedding planning process so easy for the both of us. We had planned on having our ceremony and cocktail hour outside, but due to... Read More weather, we were unable to. Although devastating, I cannot thank Jennifer enough for being so calm and flexible during the time we needed to make a decision whether it should be an indoor or outdoor ceremony. If you do plan on getting married outside, just know that it is just beautiful for an outdoor ceremony. You really don't need any decorations! Not only was the wedding planning part stress-free, but Jennifer and her staff made sure that our night was also stress-free. We truly didn't have a care in the world. We also had raving reviews about the food from our guests! We couldn't recommend a more beautiful venue or a nicer team to take care of you from start to finish.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Christine W

Having my wedding here was the BEST decision I made! I LOVED everything about this place! Jennifer was wonderful to work with, she was kind, caring, helpful, and very accommodating! The entire staff was friendly and helpful too. I loved all of the opportunities for photos and... Read More being able to go onto the golf course for more pictures. I would highly recommend this place for your next special occasion.