Our Style: Beautiful, Authentic, Photojournalistic

We know you are juggling a lot planning a wedding. So, we want every aspect of the wedding photography to be straightforward, relaxed and fun. The first step in taking the most amazing pictures of your wedding day is getting to know you! We want to hear from you to learn what you want from your wedding pictures, as well as the photography experience itself. We want you to enjoy your wedding day AND to have amazing pictures of the best day of your life. Once we hear your ideas and inspirations, we collaborate and customize the photography just for you. The best way to get to know you is through an engagement shoot which also gives us the opportunity to take pictures together. Once your wedding day arrives, you know us, we know you and the photography is woven seamlessly into your big day!

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

$5,000+

Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo

Brooklyn, NY New York City and Worldwide (917) 689-6024

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Amy N

Brooke and Sam are amazing photography geniuses. They somehow managed to turn my unphotogenic self and my husband into magazine models! At least that is the final product we received. We love our wedding pictures so much that we decided to purchase an official wedding album from... Read More Brooke and Sam. Normally my husband and I hate the way we look in pictures and we were typically not excited about having our picture taken. We were drawn to Brooke and Sam’s photojournalist background because we wanted candid pictures of us, our family and our friends. Brooke and Sam have an incredible eye for lighting and the ability to capture a moment at just the right angle to catch the emotion and beauty. My husband and I will cherish our wedding album for the rest of our lives with the priceless ability to experience the love, happiness and joy we felt that day. For that I will forever be grateful in our decision to hire Brooke and Sam as our wedding photographers.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Dong S

My (now) wife and I hated almost every minute of wedding planning. We hated looking for venues, we hated interviewing florists, we hated compiling a guest list, and we certainly hated paying for all of it. However, we loved working with Brooke and Sam from the very start. I... Read More reached out to Sam based on the recommendation of one of my groomsmen, who had worked with him in a professional context and had a lot of respect for his work. We liked that both Brooke and Sam did not solely do wedding photography- with experience in travel journalism and documentary projects, we had confidence that they would capture our wedding day the way we wanted. We wanted lots of candids and we wanted to pictures to look natural and authentic since we both hate posing for pictures. Brooke and Sam took the time to get to know us- they took us out for drinks to get a sense of who we were and so that we could understand their experience and approach. From that very first meeting, we knew we were in great hands. Since then, they provided guidance when we needed it, scouted locations in advance for our engagement shoot, provided images very quickly, and were always available and responsive if we had any worries or questions. On the wedding day itself, they knew how to put everyone at ease in front of a camera (Brooke is especially talented at getting shy 3 year old flower girls to smile for the camera) and how to direct shots without being intrusive. As for the images- well go to their site and judge for yourself. We think they do wonderful work and work great as a team. Despite the stress leading up to the wedding, my wife now likes to tell me that we had the best wedding. We had the best venue (a castle!), the best party, the best friends, and yes, the best photographers!

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Jen C

Brooke and Sam are simply the best. Not only are their pictures beautiful, honest, and truly reflective of the couple's personality, they are fabulous people who we are so glad to have met. This is what really sealed the deal for my husband and I. From our first meeting all the... Read More way through to after our wedding, they were supportive, knowledgeable, and made my husband and I feel comfortable. We have some complicated family dynamics which required multiple rounds of family pictures on our wedding day and Brooke and Sam helped us stay calm, cool, and collected while keeping everyone organized and taking some truly beautiful shots. My husband and I normally don't like taking photos, but we never felt uncomfortable and even managed to have fun while doing our engagement shoot. I can't emphasize how much I valued their personalized approach to everything, compared to how some things can feel while planning a wedding. And two years later, we still get a kick out of looking at our wedding photos. Working with them was one of the most important and best decisions we made in our wedding, and I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Elyse R

My husband knew Brooke and Sam through a mutual friend. When we were planning our wedding he suggested them since I love candid photos. At our initial meeting they asked all the right questions and really got to know us as a couple. We planned a big wedding in less than 90 days.... Read More Brooke and Sam were great at working with my hectic work and wedding planning to schedule our engagement shoot. They sent us the pictures so quickly I was able to use some at the wedding . I cannot say enough about their professionalism. They went to the venue ahead of time to look at the lighting and on the day of the wedding I didn't feel as though I was being followed around with a camera all day but our pictures were absolutely stunning. We were so happy with them we've recently asked them to take pictures from our newborn and once again we were thrilled with the pictures. I would recommend them a thousand times if I could!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Megan P

Brooke and Sam made our wedding day even more memorable than we could have ever imagined! During the planning phase, they were flexible with setting the day up to our needs, but also did not shy away from offering their expert opinion where needed. They also scouted out... Read More beautiful spots in our neighborhood for some of our shots. One in particular was an area that we hadn't previously noticed ourselves, but now has a special place in our hearts every time we walk by (and also resulted in some of our favorite photos!) Brooke brought a such a sense of ease into the morning prep.  I felt as if she was one of "the girls" as she captured the moment and added to the overall delight of the girl time. Sam also gets a shout out for keeping my groom at peace before his big entrance too. Phew. In addition to Brooke and Sam both bringing a sense of calmness and professionalism into the day, these artistic experts were both fun, fun, fun! Unexpectedly due to weather, we took them to our favorite bar in the West Village to get a moment of R&R before the reception. Instead of sending them off to capture the beginning moments of our party, we kept them all to ourselves for good times and laughters. This has been our favorite pre-game yet. Do yourself (and your fiancé) a favor and call Brooke & Sam NOW. They are talented photographers, a wonderful team and truly genuine people who will help capture & create your amazing day and turn them into beautiful memories to last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kyle L

There are not enough positive adjectives to describe how amazing Brooke & Sam are! They shot our wedding recently and did an incredible job the entire time. From planning the engagement shoot to our first-look to the reception to the delivery of the files, they were... Read More articulate, easy to work with, fun, organized, professional, talented...everything we wanted and more! My wife and I fully intend to use them for any photo shoots in the future. It goes without saying that I would highly recommend them to anyone in the market for a wedding photographer - you won't regret choosing Brooke & Sam!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hitomi K

Brooke took pictures at my wedding, my son's one-month birthday, and even my office for headshots. I keep asking her to come back because my family (and colleagues) looks the happiest in her photos! I don't know how she doest it but she brings out the best expressions when she... Read More looks through those lenses. I can't wait to invite her back for my son's one year birthday!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Gabrielle A

Brooke was amazing--she was the most flexible and accommodating vendor we had, by far. We had a lot of fun with her and she was super professional; she made us feel like she enjoyed being part of our wedding, and it wasn't just a job. We felt super comfortable with her and we... Read More love our engagement and wedding photos so much!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Siobhan D

Brooke and Sam were fantastic: relaxed, fun and dedicated to learning my husband's and my style ahead of the wedding so that the pictures would come out as good as possible. And they did! I recommended them to a co-worker after our wedding, and she loved working with them, too!... Read More Truly the right choice. Try them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Evelyn H

Brooke and Sam were so wonderful! They are so much fun to be around that it made the whole process very easy. Even taking the group family shots was easy and fun, and I could imagine it having been very tedious with someone else. We loved all the candid photos that they got.... Read More Also, they paid great attention to the lighting, so the pictures from later in the night looked as wonderful as the day shots. They were great at directing us without being at all intrusive. Our photos turned out beautifully and we couldn't believe how quick the turnaround was. My wife and I were thrilled with everything about working with Brooke and Sam!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Helena T

Brooke and Sam were such a pleasure to work with and truly made our wedding day that much more special. They genuinely took the time to get to know us, and made sure that our vision was realized, even more so than we thought possible. The pictures are stunning and we have so... Read More many memories from our wedding that we will look back upon for many years to come all thanks to Brooke and Sam.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Nichole H

Booking Brooke and Sam for our wedding was the best vendor-related decision that my husband and I made in planning our wedding. Their professionalism, vision, and friendliness set us at-ease during the entire process: from initial consultations, to the engagement shoot, and... Read More throughout the wedding day itself. We really appreciated the way that they listened to our needs and brought our dreams to life in their photos. The images themselves are beyond beautiful: they captured our once-in-a-lifetime moment with integrity and an incredibly artistic eye. We couldn't be more grateful for all of their hard work, and we hope they will be able to see and work with them again!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jane T

I can't speak more highly of Brooke and her presence at our wedding. From our first conversation over the phone to the super speedy processing of photos, she was so lovely, professional and engaged in the process. Brooke seemed to immediately understand the low key vibe we were... Read More going for and was totally willing to meet us where we were. Besides having a mobile app ready to share with guests only 5 days after the wedding the best part about working with Brooke was her super calming demeanor. With very little instruction she captured beautiful family and friend candid shots. She had scoped out some street shots before hand and in less than 15 minutes (at my request) our bride and groom pics were shot and came out gorgeous. Wecouldn't be happier with them. She managed to perfectly capture the feelings we were hoping our guests would feel that night... Lots of love and fun in a relaxed, East Village setting.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Joyce C

My husband and I came to New York from Scotland to celebrate our son's wedding. We met Brooke and Sam on the wedding day and immediately felt comfortable with them. We had so much fun with them and knew that they would capture the best photographs that we continue to share with... Read More our Scottish relatives that were unable to attend the wedding. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Robert C

Brooke and Sam took excellent photographs of me, my wife, and all of our guests and contributed to our wonderful day. They captured the best intimate and special moments without us even noticing they were there. I recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Janis M

My husband and I have made several weddings for our daughters. So many details and so much work goes into them. The weddings are over in a flash. All you have left are the photographs. I think the photographers are the most important component of a successful event! Brooke and... Read More Sam are a team and worked together seamlessly. With their great personalities and excellent photography techniques, they captured our daughter's wedding perfectly, creating a memory that we will cherish forever. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Abby C

If we could give Brooke and Sam a million stars, we would! Brooke and Sam turned our rainy wedding day afternoon into the most gorgeous backdrop for our photos. When the sun peaked out, they were able to get amazing outdoor shots. During the whirlwind day, they found the most... Read More perfect and creative backgrounds to take our photographs. They captured the most special moments like when I saw my best friends for the first time as a bride. Not only are the photographs everything we could have hoped for, but also Brooke and Sam are the loveliest people. Their personalities added to the magical evening.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mike G

We had a blast with Brooke and Sam. They took a lot of great candid shots of us and all our guests as well as great portraits. They have a background in editorial photography and that really showed in their work. Checking out their photos after the wedding was full of awesome... Read More surprises. They were easy to work with and really professional. Would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Mike G

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lindsey K

We couldn't have asked for more beautiful photos! Brooke and Sam were amazing to work with and for an slightly uptight bride (me!) were perfect! They didn't miss a single detail and captured our day in a way no one else could have. Book them!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Lauren A

Brooke and Sam not only captured all the special moments of our wedding day, but they were able to find those moments we didn't even know we wanted! From the beginning Brooke wanted to make sure the lighting was right for our July day. They scoped out places with a Brooklyn feel... Read More like we wanted and made sure with the time of day we wouldn't be washed out or squinting. I never thought of this! And now when I look at friends wedding pictures I unfortunately notice the very thing they helped us avoid. To be honest we had a lot of random things go wrong on our wedding day, think that's pretty normal, but the photographs were not one of them! And for that we are so grateful for that is the way the day will live on for us and be rememebered. We wouldn't hesititate to recommend Brooke and Sam!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Denise R

Brooke and Sam were so on point with all of our wedding and engagement photos. Besides having a great aesthetic, they went above and beyond, choosing great locations that had meaning for us (we gave them a general idea), and they made the effort to get to as many places as... Read More possible. Family and friends all flipped over how great our photos were and I've recommended them to lots of friends since then! It's great to see a real life couple working together so seamlessly, especially on your wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016

The best! Brooke and Sam are extremely professional and well prepared - for both the engagement shoot and the wedding day, they had already scouted several beautiful locations that we never would have though of ourselves. The pictures themselves were amazing, obviously. To top... Read More it off, they turned the pictures around in a matter of weeks so we were able to share them quickly. Overall we could not recommend them more highly.

Brooke + Sam

We are unique in the fact that we are a husband and wife photography team. With us, you have two photographers, not just a second shooter. And as a married couple, we deeply understand the emotions and meaning of your wedding day. Not only are you getting married, but your families are coming together and you'll be surrounded by the people that you love the most in the world. We strive to capture all of that love in photos that hold all of the beautiful moments and emotions of your wedding day.