Brooklyn Girl Bakery

Philadelphia and surrounding area

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, Phoenixville, PA Philadelphia and surrounding area (610) 757-8318

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shauna B

We used Brooklyn Girl Bakery for our June 2017 wedding and could not be happier! I am a huge cake lover and Peri really delivered on our wedding cake. Every communication or meeting we had with her was so pleasant and friendly, which really puts a bride at ease. Not only is she... Read More friendly but she is creative. I asked her to make a groom cake for my husband for our rehearsal dinner and after mentioning some of his interests, she had an idea and I let her run with it. Both cakes came out amazing and tasting so delicious. I would not hesitate to recommend Brooklyn Girl Bakery.

Reviewed on 11/11/2016 Kat S

Peri is an absolute talent!!! Our original wedding cake baker fell ill right before our wedding and so we were back on the hunt when we found Peri! In the end it was meant to be, because Peri is incredible! We wanted piping on our wedding cake and many bakers turned us away... Read More as we did not want flowers and instead had other ideas. Peri listened to everything and took our ideas and made them come to life. She also was very understanding and accommodating of our timeline. In addition the flavor of the cake made our cake memorable to all of our guests. We had guests for weeks after the wedding coming up to us and saying how delicious our cake was and beautiful. Many said we had the best cake from any wedding they have attended. Also, Peri made a custom cake for our rehearsal dinner of my husband’s golf bag. It was such a personal touch to the special night and everyone loved the creative custom cake. We have had the best experience with Peri when we knew we were expecting we immediately contacted her for our baby shower cake, I just know it will be incredible and delicious! Thank You Peri!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Shawna M

I can't say enough about how much we loved working with Peri and how great our cake was. I can't wait to eat the top layer later :)

Reviewed on 5/04/2016

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Peri! We fell in love with her cakes when we first met her at a bridal show at our venue, the Radisson in Valley Forge. She was incredibly amazing to work with and super sweet! We came to our cake tasting with a mix-match of... Read More ideas revolving around our dream of a Disney wedding cake to go with our Disney themed wedding. Peri completely brought our vision to life and it was more than perfect on the day of our wedding! Her cake is so tasty and incredibly moist unlike other bakery cakes we tasted. We are beyond exited to enjoy our cake again on our one year in June!

Reviewed on 1/01/2016 Mary

Peri- Jimmy and I could not have been happier with our wedding cake! It was perfect!!! Not only was it gorgeous, but the guests could not stop telling me how delicious it was. Thank you for everything. It was a pleasure working with you :)

Reviewed on 12/10/2015 Joe M

It was a please working with Peri. She was so helpful through the whole process. I had my wedding this past weekend In Limerick, PA. The cake was DELICIOUS, couldn't have asked for a better and more beautiful wedding cake. Exactly what I envisioned my wedding cake to look like.... Read More We had people asking us at the end of the night if there were leftovers to take home. :) HIGHLY recommend!

The wedding cake of our dreams!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015

Peri Anderson at Brooklyn Girl Bakery truly made our wedding cake dreams come true! She created a cake that was as delicious as it was beautiful. Peri was a pleasure to work with, from our initial meeting at our cake tasting. She was professional, responsive, and understood... Read More exactly how I wanted our cake to look. Thank you for creating our beautiful cake, which we look forward to enjoying again on our first anniversary!

Reviewed on 11/08/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Peri and Brooklyn Girl Bakery! I have been to countless showers that have been "sweetened" by Peri's cakes, cupcakes, and cookies (my personal favorite!) and every pastry of every flavor is absolutely delicious! From traditional to... Read More unique flavors and beautifully crafted sweets...Peri just does it right! Working with Peri is also such a pleasure. She answered all of my many questions, gave great suggestions, and created cupcakes and cookies that complemented the theme of my baby shower perfectly. I would recommend Peri and Brooklyn Girl Bakery to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Wonderful service! Wonderful cake! Peri was a dream to work with! The tasting was so much fun! On the big day, the cake was even prettier than expected, delivered and set up perfectly! Thank you Brooklyn Girl Bakery!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Sarah B

We are so pleased with the personal attention to detail & guidance we received from Brooklyn Girl Bakery for our wedding cake! Prior to our initial meeting with Peri, we’d planned to focus on the design of the cake & choose typical vanilla and chocolate tiers. We were blown away... Read More however by the delicious flavors Peri suggested and trusted that our guests would be too. The cake not only turned out beautifully but the Fall inspired flavors became one of the main talking points of the reception. Peri made the entire process effortless from beginning to end. We can’t thank her enough!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Colleen R

I had my wedding at the Loft at Landis creek last year and my cake was absolutely beautiful. Perry took my ideas and really made them come to life. She also kept me up to date on everything that needed to be done involving the cake. I would highly recommend Brooklyn girl bakery.

Cute and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Heather F

Yum-mazing! Peri is awesome. Enough said. My husband was deeply invested in dessert for our wedding and did the research that eventually led us to Peri. We showed up for our consultation with a picture of a cake she had created and worked with her to update it to make better... Read More sense for our wedding. We had 3 different flavors on our 4-tier cake and all tasted incredible. Our wedding was at the Elmwood Park Zoo and Peri made red panda bride/groom cake toppers out of fondet to match the new red panda exhibit. They were adorable! Everyone loved the cake - the way it looked and tasted. There might even be more photos posted by guests on facebook of the cake than of my husband and I. Go with Brooklyn Girl Bakery and you'll be super happy!

Reviewed on 7/11/2015

It was such a pleasure working with Peri to design my ideal wedding cake for our July 4 wedding in Valley Forge, PA. My whole family had as much fun tasting all of Peri's delicious cake and icing samples as we did chatting with her. She made the whole process easy and... Read More enjoyable, educating us about all our options, and gladly working with our budget. This was was only topped by seeing the gorgeous 3 tier cake on stage at my wedding reception. Everyone raved about how delicious it was. I highly recommend Brooklyn Girl Bakery for your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Kristen N

If i could give Peri at Brooklyn girl Bakery more than 5 stars I would! Peri was always willing to answer any qustions I had and in general is a very sweet nice person and easy to work with. My cake was everything I wanted it to be and tasted even better than I remembered from... Read More the tasting! She also made cupcakes for us. I had a handful of guests ask me where I got them from because they were the best cupcakes they ever tasted!!! You want quality and fantastic customer service look no further!

Reviewed on 6/02/2015

Peri was super easy to work with and professional. People were asking all night where we got our cake from and raving about it's unique flavors. It was SO beautiful and the best cake I ever had at a wedding. I highly recommend Brooklyn Girl Bakery for your next event!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015

Working with Peri was amazing. We came to her with a few ideas about what we wanted. She looked at pictures and we allowed her to come up with her own designs. The end result was nothing short of art. The cake looked better than anything we could have imagined. Throughout the... Read More night we received comments about how great the cake tasted. There were many options to choose from, and we had different layers as different flavors. We would/plan on using her services again for other events.

Simply the BEST

Reviewed on 3/02/2015 The-Uyen T

Peri is a gem! From the cake tasting, to the wedding night, Brooklyn Girl Bakery exceeded our expectations and our guests are still raving about the cake Peri provided for our wedding at Phoenixville Foundry. The cake was gorgeous on the outside and delicious on the inside. I've... Read More never had such a delicious cake at a wedding. Our guests loved the carrot and dark chocolate cake layers. The butter cream was subtle and not too sweet, which made the cake stand out! I had Peri create a groomsman cake that was a big hit with my husband and his friends! It didn't last very long in our house and I've reached out to Peri about making us another cake only two weeks out from our wedding! If your looking for a cake vendor for your wedding, Look no further!

Have your Cake and Eat It Too

Reviewed on 11/19/2014 Jennifer L

We used Brooklyn Girl Bakery as our wedding cake vendor through the Valley Forge Casino package and were fairly pleased with the results. Although there was not a huge selection of cake flavors to choose from the quality made up for it and the numerous filling combinations were... Read More so good! We had a very efficient tasting and with a gift certificate that I won at a bridal event that helped cover the extra detail fee of the cake. I was surprised at how little was covered with the basic package and how it was so expensive to add details but the outcome was exactly what we wanted.

Fabulous Cakes!

Reviewed on 11/14/2014 Amelia R

Through our wedding venue contract (The Loft at Limerick Golf Club), the wedding cake was included. All we had to do was pick which cake vendor we wanted to go with and then meet with them and pick everything out. We only had to pay $50 for our cake services because we chose... Read More to upgrade to a nicer decoration design. We worked with Peri Anderson, who is such a nice person. We had our tasting with her in May and we had a really hard time deciding because we liked everything!! We told her our color scheme, and we came up with our cake design on the spot. On the actual wedding day, she dropped it off and placed it on our cake stand. When I saw it, I was extremely excited because it looked even more beautiful that I imagined it would. It was very delicious also!!! I would definitely recommend this cake vendor in the future.

Awesome Cake

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Ashley S

Our cake was included with a package at the Radisson Valley Forge and we decided to go with Peri at Brooklyn Girl. She is amazing. When we met with Peri, we really had no idea what we wanted for our cake. She was able to come up with some ideas and we loved our cake. We had so... Read More many people come up to us at the wedding and afterwards saying how tasty the cake was. I would definitely use Peri for any cakes in the future!

Cake was better than I even imagined!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2014 Heather Y

Amazing, amazing, amazing! First, let me say.. her cakes are delicious!! We had one layer of red velvet and one of vanilla chooclate chip! Yum!! When I met with Peri, I really had little idea of what I wanted as far as design. Peri asked me questions to learn more about us, our... Read More theme and what might fit. I showed her a picture of my dress- champagne with ivory lace, mermaid dress. Bingo! She sketched this amazing cake that looked like my beautiful dress. The color of my wedding was pomengranate. So she added these beautiful open bright pink flowers that matched the color scheme. When I saw the cake, I was amazed! It was absolutely gorgeous. I received so many compliments!

Still getting compliments on the cake!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Meghan P

Peri and her team at Brooklyn Girl Bakery makes the best wedding cake around. It is almost 6 months after my wedding and we still get compliments about our cake that night! I looked beautiful exactly what I pictured when explaining my design ideas at our consultation and it was... Read More the best cake I've ever had! I'd like to reorder a top tier as our never made it home that night! Don't hesitate to place your order here, call Peri today!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/14/2014 lauren D

From the getgo Peri was reasonable, personable, and totally open to everything we wanted and answered any questions we had. Our cake was 4 tiers and all different flavors of cake and icing. Our guests RAVED about the cake!! Just scrumptious and creative concoctions!

Awesome Groom's cake

Reviewed on 9/10/2014 Jenna G

Peri made us an awesome groom's cake. Not only did it look great and surprise my husband, the cake (banana cake with salted caramel buttercream) tasted amazing and really blew me away. She customized the flavors for us and was very easy to work with and prompt in replying to... Read More inquiries and questions. Would highly recommend working with her for specialty cakes. The only downside is she only makes cakes for 35+ people, so I can't go regularly to get a small one!

Rustic & Romantic Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Annie H

Peri was recommended to us by our venue, The Loft at Limerick and did an extraordinary job helping us design our wedding cake. The tasting was such a fun experience and she really listened to our vision so the cake would fit our country, rustic theme. The day of our wedding the... Read More cake not only looked beautiful, but tasted even better than we remembered! Our guests loved it! Peri is one of the nicest and accommodating vendors we worked with and we highly recommend Brooklyn Girl Bakery for any occasion! We can't thank her enough for contributing her talent to our special day! It was perfect! ~Jenny & Annie