Editor's Pick by Washingtonian B&G Magazine

We specialize in providing DJs, uplighting, photo booth and live musicians for fun and elegant weddings. We know from experience that entertainment is the cornerstone to any successful event. We pride ourselves on the kind of quality service that will ensure that your special day is truly one to remember.

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2010

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Matt R

Bryan George Music is outstanding. We highly recommend them for any wedding. From the initial stages of wedding planning through the end of the reception, Bryan George Music provided an exceptional experience. Bryan’s responsiveness and flexibility made for any easy, convenient... Read More setup. He clearly understood our approach and theme for the wedding and made sure everything came through. Our DJ, Ramses, could not have been better. From showing up early to help coordinate with the event staff to setting up equipment on two floor to keeping the mood and tone of the wedding going with the exact music we wanted to hear – Ramses was all around excellent. Thanks to him, the dance floor was non-stop full throughout the reception. The fact that our guests continue to complement the music is a testament to Bryan George Music.

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Jeff J

Like everyone else has said--working with Bryan George Music was amazing. Unlike some of the other DJ's we met with in planning, Bryan George Music really understood who we were. Bryan was never pushy and we were super impressed with his professionalism through the entire... Read More process. This was the first time my husband and I have ever worked with a professional DJ before, so we really had no idea what the process or timelines should look like. Bryan and his team were great, providing education when needed, coaching us through each of the steps, yet also being incredibly patient to allow us to work on our timeline. Wedding Details: Gay wedding with outdoor ceremony and reception, indoor seated dinner. Total guests: 94 On the actual day of the wedding, Ray arrived exactly on time and was cool, calm, collected and professional--exactly what we needed! He set up quickly and actively participated in the dry run of the evening, he even somehow collaborated with my husband to surprise me with a special song! Doing an outdoor wedding in an urban environment could be challenging, but Ray set up the system perfectly. The speakers filled the area, and the wireless mics picked up every part of the ceremony. That special music my husband sang for me was one of the best-balanced audio setups I've heard in a long time--so much so that many of the guests thought it was a recording at first! When we moved indoors for the dinner and toast, Ray had another great setup which balanced perfectly in the room--loud enough everyone could hear music, but quiet enough even those with hearing aids could have quiet conversations. Ray was present but unobtrusive, allowing him to actively help move the evening along while always be in the background. Finally, for the reception they did a great job of taking the song list we provided and working it to keep the night lively and entertaining. There were no awkward transitions, and Ray did a great job of incorporating the music from across generations in a way that brought all the generations together. I was really impressed with Bryan George in all conversations and coordination leading up to the wedding day. I was a little nervous about what to expect on the actual day of the wedding since we'd never talked with Ray. All of our concerns were unwarranted though, as Ray showed the same outstanding professionalism and engagement we saw with Bryan. We truly were impressed with the finesse and detail Ray demonstrated, making us feel comfortable and allowing us to enjoy the day. We cannot thank Ray and Bryan George Music enough for helping to make our wedding an incredible day in our lives! We wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone!

2017-11-23T12:53:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! You were a pleasure to work with and it's really an honor to have been entrusted in playing a role in your special day. Best of luck with everything! Sincerely, Ray & Bryan

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Sarah B

DJ Bryan is AWESOME!! Our November 2016 wedding went off without a hitch, and we really have Bryan to thank for that. He worked with us to perfectly execute our vision and made sure the whole evening came together seamlessly. He's also just a pleasure to work with and has great... Read More taste in music--every song was better than the last, and all our guests, young and old, had a blast on the dance floor! Thanks, Bryan!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Michael R

Bryan did an awesome job DJing our wedding. He was communicative and receptive to our ideas and questions from the start and helped balance our enthusiasm with his experience for how to get the most out of our reception. He was extremely reliable and professional and I highly... Read More recommend his services.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Jackie T

We used Bryan George Music for our ceremony music, cocktail hour/ceremony music, and photo booth. We could not be more pleased with how everything turned out. The DJ was very detail oriented and worked with us to find and curate very detailed playlists for each part of our... Read More wedding, including helping us find string quartet covers of our favorite pop music. Going into our wedding weekend I was fully confident the DJ and photo booth were going to be one of our best vendors and I was right. The photo booth was also excellently done and allowed us to have digital copies of all our guests photos as well as helping to curate a photo guest book. I highly recommend using the bundles they offer for a slight discount, but overall the quality is well worth the money and rates were very reasonable for the DC area.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Nina C

From the very first email, Bryan was nothing but attentive, helpful, and most importantly, clearly invested in making our event the best it could possibly be. From incorporating Indian songs at our request, to understanding exactly what kind of dance party we wanted, to making... Read More sure to go over all details with us so we'd know exactly what was happening, we could not be more thankful. Bryan and DJ Ray had the party going all night long!!

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Brock D

Bryan was great. He worked with us from start to finish and made it a great evening. I strongly recommend him!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Daniel L

Bryan was an amazing DJ, a pleasure to work with, and the most helpful person we could have asked for during the entire process. From the very beginning, all the way up to the week of the wedding, Bryan was always available to help us plan the entire wedding soundtrack. He was... Read More even better the day of. Our wedding was 90 minutes outside of DC, and he still arrived with plenty of time to spare to set up. He prepared a great mix for cocktail hour and once the party really started, Bryan kept all our guests on the dance floor for over five hours. Seriously, the dance floor was never empty for five hours. We could not be happier with Bryan’s services, his professionalism, and his overall great attitude that truly separates him from other DJs. My wife and I would recommend him to anyone for any occasion.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Erin H

Bryan was the DJ at our wedding on August 5, 2017 and he was nothing short of fabulous. More than anything else, we were intent on having a fun celebration where people danced all night. Aside from our first dance, mother/son, and father/daughter dances, we left the music... Read More selections to Bryan and he did not disappoint. In the month since the wedding, people have continued to comment to us that they have never attended a wedding where the dance floor was packed all night long--everyone had fun. Bryan read the crowd well and picked songs that kept the party lively until the very end. Our nieces, our friends, and our older relatives all felt like the music was chosen just for them. Not only was Bryan great at the wedding, however, he was also instrumental in setting up the most perfect party. He was incredibly responsive via email and, when asked for input on the flow of the night, he provided excellent feedback based on his experience. He helped set the timeline for the night, which helped with the flow of the evening and maximized time for dancing. Bryan was exceptionally professional and helpful in every way he could be. We were grateful that Bryan also provided uplighting in our venue so we did not have to hire an additional vendor. Hiring Bryan was an outstanding decision and we cannot thank him enough for helping to create the most memorable party.

2017-08-30T08:47:50 Response from the vendor

Erin, thank you for the kind words! You guys had an amazing group of guests - I had a blast! Take care!

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Liz C

Bryan is outstanding! He responded to all of my e-mails quickly, and we were able to arrange everything over e-mail and over the phone. He worked within our budget and was willing to play our very specific, eclectic playlist. The week of our wedding, he called to run through... Read More everything with me, so our wedding ran smoothly and was exactly what I had imagined. When my sister requested a song that wasn't on the playlist (although it should have been!), he even ran it by us before playing it. He did a fantastic job mixing the songs we had sent him via Google Drive, starting and stopping songs at the times we requested, and making sure our wedding was perfect!

2017-08-05T12:07:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Liz! You all were an absolute pleasure to work with. Best of luck with everything!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Caitlin D

Working with Bryan was great! The online interface to plan the wedding ceremony and reception were easy to use. He also had multiple pages of song recommendation to help you get inspired. Bryan was extremely responsive and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. The... Read More music at our wedding was FANTASTIC! All of our must plays were heard. Everyone was up and dancing the entire time. It was hard to sit down to take a break because each song that was played was a jam! We requested that only clean versions of songs be played due to the ages of some of our guests, and Bryan complied. Everything went off without any problems. All names were pronounced correctly. The timing off all of the songs during the ceremony were on point. Bryan even cut songs and faded them out exactly when my husband and I wanted. Bryan also provided uplighting for our event in an amber color. It was beautiful and really helped with the overall feel of the decor for the wedding. I would highly recommend Bryan to everyone looking for a DJ.

2017-07-19T21:09:24 Response from the vendor

Caitlin, you and Ryan were an absolute pleasure to work with! And your crowd was great! I had an amazing time being a part of your wedding. Best of luck with everything!!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Lauren T

Ramses was awesome every one was out on the dance floor having a great time. Many thanks to Bryan George's music!

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Katie T

He was really great. Didnt give him much direction and the wedding reception music was perfect. The contract and process of choosing add-ons was all very easy. Reasonably priced. Logistics were all done by him and we just showed up and he had it all under control. You can really... Read More tell that he is a professional that is a seasoned veteran. Definitely recommend Bryan George for his professionalism, ease to work with, and a really great product. Couldn't of asked for anything more.

2017-05-24T16:50:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! Your wedding was AWESOME!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017

I recently was married in Frederick, MD on New Year's Eve. I originally wanted a band for the event but I couldn't find anything that didn't cost an arm and a leg :-) Bryan George Music was the next best choice. He DJ'd our friend's wedding a few years back so we knew he was... Read More great from the beginning! Throughout the planning phase, he was always responsive and very helpful. I have a very specific taste in music and came prepared with a list of songs that I wanted to play (100+ songs). Bryan very professionally and politely explained to me why some of my choices weren't best for the overall crowd as they wouldn't promote a dancing environment :-) I'm a tough person to convince but he definitely explained to me why my choices wouldn't work. Basically, he knows what he is doing and wanted to make sure my guests enjoyed themselves. Which was very important becuase our reception ran from 8:00 - 12:30 am! Bryan's music choices were great and kept everyone entertained throughout the night.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Ashlie L

Bryan was AWESOME. He responded quickly, understood exactly what I was asking for and even called me a few days before the wedding to verbally go over everything. The dance floor was literally full the whole night and I honestly spent so much timing dancing the time flew by. He... Read More was professional, on time and knows how to work a crowd. He also pronouced everyones name right which I know they appreciated ! Awesome DJ, awesome music!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Matt R

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Sarah L

Bryan George Music was incredible to work with from beginning to end. Bryan himself DJed for our wedding. He was punctual, polite, and very professional. He kept our guests dancing until the end of the night! He also supplied uplighting for our reception and a sound system for... Read More our ceremony/cocktail hour which added an extra special touch of ambiance. I highly recommend Bryan and his company!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 rimas f

A really significant part in filming a wedding and later producing a documentary wedding film for me is finding out the couple’s musical taste and the blend of songs they prefer. So I am always happy to get to know the DJ for the special day. I have met Bryan George Music... Read More recently filming a wedding at East Lynn Farm. He is very experienced, professional and more than just Your average DJ. Bryan George seemed to run the reception party effortlessly: he played customized mix of songs, made the announcements and more. Generally, Bryan was a fun and all around nice guy to work with, who really knows his field. RIMAS FILMS would like to recommend Bryan George music for any of Your future event!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Nancy L

We were attended a wedding of good friends, in Baltimore, on July 30, 2016. Bryan was the DJ for this venue and the dance music was brilliant. Every time we thought we'd be able to sit down for a rest another fantastic song was already starting to play. No one could stop... Read More dancing and the dance floor was packed. It was one of the best weddings that my husband and I have attended.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stephen G

We didn’t realize just how much were getting - Bryan George was not only the music DJ. He also made all of the announcements and provided amplification for the ceremony officiant as well for speeches during the reception. Bryan is also really nice - he has a very warm... Read More persona that came across both in his announcements, as well as just beforehand when we were planning with him. For ceremony, cocktail hour and reception… He had lists of hundreds of great songs for each event at the wedding. We simply circled some songs we really liked and he took care of filling in the rest with other great music. We also had some very distinct ethnic music requests, which he was happy to purchase and play on our behalf such as Lebanese Dabke music. He helped us come up with a full gameplan for the timing of reception events, but told us things never run on time but not to worry; he was completely adaptable when some events ran longer than expected and found a way to help get us back on track so that guests didn’t lose time on the dance floor! So many of our guests told us after the wedding how much they loved the dance music. They also commented on the very classy music played at the cocktail hour - Duke Ellington, Ella Fitzgerald, Louis Armstrong, Dave Brubeck ... Bryan knows his stuff! We were extremely pleased with how our reception went, and we feel that huge credit for that is due to the phenomenal job by Bryan George. Thank you, Bryan! You made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

When it came to selecting a DJ for our wedding, my wife and I went through quite a few different options. Having owned a small DJ business in the past, I had a decent idea of what needed to go into our special day. Bryan made things exceptionally easy, from the planning phase... Read More through the end of the night. We made some adjustments on the fly, and he was able to switch gears with little to no effort to support our needs. I can’t even begin to count the amount of folks that made a point of telling me what a phenomenal job he did keeping the dance floor packed! His equipment is unobtrusive and powerful, handled our outdoor ceremony and large dinner area with ease. The lighting and main dance floor setup really rocked the house. Bryan George Music should be on every engaged couples’ list for their wedding!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Lindsey B

Christian with Bryan George Music was amazing - he was so nice and great to work with! We had so many compliments from our guests about the music. Majority of our guests stayed until the end of the very last song because of how great the music was! My husband and I were... Read More thoroughly impressed with our entire experience with Bryan George Music and would recommend their company and especially Christian 110%! Thanks again for helping to make our special day even more amazing!

Reviewed on 7/06/2016 Fabrizia A

The most important thing you need to know about Bryan is that he focuses on understanding exactly what you're looking for and then delivers that experience to you. He was very responsive to any questions we had with quick turnaround times and helpful advice regarding song... Read More selection for different parts of the evening (cake cutting, father/daughter dance, etc). Although his advice was great, he didn't try to impose his ideas on us. It was clear his goal was to make the night all about us and what we wanted (which isn't necessarily the case with a lot of wedding vendors we found). Thanks Bryan!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Tessa S

Bryan George Music was a great vendor to work with for planning our wedding. Bryan was super quick to respond to emails, sent a helpful template for walking us through all the music we needed to pick, and caught all of our last minute changes. Our DJ on the day of, DJ Ramses,... Read More was super friendly and did a great job mixing all of the music we selected, friends' requests, and some tunes of his own choosing. I would highly recommend Bryan George Music!

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Debora C

We absolutely loved working with Bryan George and his company. He was very professional, respectful and such a pleasure to work with. We had Bryan as our DJ and our wedding reception was amazing. Bryan did not only run the entire reception flawlessly, but he also could feel the... Read More mood of the crowd and played the perfect songs all evening long. We had so many compliments of how great our reception was! A big thanks to Bryan for that! We also hired two string musicians through Bryan's company to play in our ceremony. They were amazing and a pleasure to work with. We totally recommend working with Bryan and his company and would do it all over again! They are great!

Bryan George

I started Bryan George Music while at Villanova University in 2001. It grew out of my natural love for music, and my ability throw a good party! In 2004, I moved the company back to my hometown of DC, where it has grown into a leader in the wedding industry with a team of 10 top-notch professional wedding DJs. I've been a DJ for 15 years and have since won multiple awards from Washingtonian Magazine, Wedding Wire, The Knot, & Yelp. Two years ago, I married my beautiful wife, Danielle. Together, we handle the day to day operations of the business and absolutely love what we do!