Bryn Du Mansion and Fieldhouse

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

The Bryn Du Mansion and Fieldhouse is just the spot for couples who yearn for a wedding destination with an affluent atmosphere. A massive guest list is a non-issue at this gigantic estate. Resting exclusively on 52 acres of scenic landscape in Granville, Ohio, this Federal-style sandstone mansion can accommodate all of your guests and then some. Although the property dates back to 1905, it offers modernized luxuries and conveniences that many only dream of on their wedding day.

Dominating the landscape on the gorgeous hillside, the Bryn Du Mansion is packed with centuries of history and a long legacy of richness that’s infused into every detail of architecture, groundwork and décor. From hand-crafted wooden panels that highlight the East and West wings and the formal dining room, to a breathtaking garden terrace with a backdrop of rolling hills, this exquisite destination is truly what dream weddings are made of. Couples getting married at the estate have three different spaces to choose from for their grand day of matrimony.

This space is 7,200 square feet of contemporary, multi-purpose event space located on the main level of the property. With the capacity of up to 350 guests, the venue is best suited for wedding ceremonies and receptions. It has wall-to-wall hardwood floors with cathedral ceilings. There’s even a spacious 5,000-square-foot outdoor patio on the upper level of the venue that seats up to 350 people.

This house is an Arts & Craft-styled location with two charming rooms for rehearsal dinners and other small gatherings. It is 1,200 square feet and is purposed for intimate settings.

These areas are perfect for bridal photo sessions. They include an expansive terraced garden, patio and quiet arbors. Surrounded by rolling wooden hills, the venue’s picture-perfect scenery is terrific for gathering with family and friends after the wedding.

The Bryn Du Mansion doesn’t restrict you to a list of preferred vendors. You can select any catering or planning service of your choice. The venue will provide helpful recommendations, if you so desire.

It is available year-round on a first-come-first-serve basis. Couples are welcome to take a tour of the property, but by appointment only. To reserve an event location, a deposit is required and even with a deposit, your accommodations aren’t guaranteed until you’ve fully executed and completed the use agreement.

There are three event spaces on the property-two of which provide tables and chairs. The Fieldhouse does not provide anything but open space. If you need additional tables and chairs, the venue can help you find a provider.

To-be-weds who choose this venue are destined to have the time of their lives. Unmatched elegance and colossal lodging and event space are only a part of what makes this place unique. Other stand-along perks include:

• The Polo Field, hosting a variety of athletic events year-round
  • The Art Center, offering educational classes, workshops and public events, with a studio and art gallery

Welcome to Bryn Du Mansion and Fieldhouse

The Bryn Du Mansion is a fifty-two acre estate in Granville, OH with 2 unique venues & many outdoor locations. Use the elegant Mansion for smaller events & the spacious lodge-like Fieldhouse and Patio for events up to 350. Choose from our list of caterers or your own. Bring your own alcohol too.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

537 Jones Road, Granville, OH (740) 587-7053
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Melina S

Bryan Du Mansion was the perfect place to have our vintage wedding! A very beautiful place! The bridal suite for the bride and bridesmaids to get dressed in was so spacious and perfect! Athena was always ready to help with any questions we had. She was a great help the day of... Read More the wedding letting me know when the caterer was there to when it was almost time to walk the aisle! I would recommend this venue!

2016-11-10T12:07:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. It was a joy to spend your special day with you. It was a beautiful day for November!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Libby C

A wonderful experience! Bruce and Athena were always available, very easy to work with and always had our needs in mind. They genuinely care about their couples and it shows!

2016-10-12T10:50:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words. Congratulations to a lovely couple, thank you for sharing your day with us.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Ashley D

The most perfect place to have a wedding! The thing we loved most was that it was essentially a blank canvas, you got the space and could fill it with any vendor you wanted to make your wedding your own. We had everything there, rehearsal/rehearsal... Read More dinner/ceremony/reception/pictures. You get so much time to set up and tear down. Athena and Bruce are amazing to work with and were so helpful throughout everything and very responsive when I had questions. I would recommend Bryn Du to anyone for their wedding, we could not have picked a more perfect place!

2016-10-12T10:49:11 Response from the vendor

A lovely day and a lovely couple, congratulations!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Steph F

Athena and Bruce were an absolute pleasure to work with; they were both personable, accommodating, and present. They always responded in a timely manner and answered any questions that we had. We had our ceremony in the garden area, cocktail hour in the mansion, and reception... Read More in the field house. All three locations were absolutely beautiful due to the wonderful groundskeeping that Bruce and Athena do. We received many compliments on the pure beauty of the mansion where we had our cocktail hour (it was so gorgeous on it's own that it did not really need much decorating). The Bryn Du Mansion Property is also very reasonably priced for a wedding venue. It is a steal. We loved having our special day at Bryn Du and would highly recommend it to anyone who is considering having an event there.

2016-10-12T10:48:03 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you shared your day with us here at Bryn Du, you were a pleasure to work with and it was a lovely day.

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Deanna S

Great venue! We had our wedding reception at the mansion in the garden and it was perfect! The setting is beautiful and the team at Bryn Du is incredibly helpful throughout the process.

2016-07-28T10:14:28 Response from the vendor

Congratulations, we are so glad you shared your special day with us!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Cydney C

We had our wedding in the field house at the mansion and it was wonderful. It's such a beautiful venue! The ceremony was supposed to be held on the terrace, cocktail hour on the balcony, and reception inside the actual field house. It ended up raining on the day of our wedding... Read More so we had to move everything inside but it worked out anyway. We were able to use the stairs inside to walk in for the ceremony and it ended up being a nice touch. The outdoor grounds are beautiful and don't need much decorating, inside the Fieldhouse will need quit a bit of decorating though. But if your like me that's perfect because I wanted to put my own touch on everything! We were able to come in on Friday at any time and get things ready so that was nice. Bruce and Athena are great to work with and such nice people! They are very accommodating, easy to get ahold of, and just genuine people. I would definitely recommend any area of the mansions grounds and I am so happy we had our wedding there!

2016-06-07T11:42:07 Response from the vendor

We are so glad you shared your special day with us!

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Rachel B

We used the Fieldhouse patio for our ceremony, the terrace for our cocktail hour, and the fieldhouse for the reception. Everything flowed seamlessly. The grounds are beautiful and Bruce and Athena were beyond friendly and accommodating. We planned from out of state and they... Read More were so helpful between calls and emails we got everything done. There was another wedding at the mansion the same day as ours but we did not even notice, they are far enough away from each other. Upstairs in the fieldhouse has a bar and bathrooms and downstairs is huge with bathrooms a small kitchen and plenty of event space. We had about 160 people and plenty of dance floor space but I believe it can fit almost double that. The big thing for us was being able to bring in our own alcohol, we more than made up for the cost of the venue with the amount we saved on alcohol. Overall we had a perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Caitlin W

So far we have only toured this venue, but we had a fantastic experience when we were there. The venue is quiet, clean and beautiful with a TON of different combinations of options for ceremony and reception venues.

Magical setting, great history, wonderful character... made for the perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 5/04/2015 Erika L

I still remember looking up the Bryn Du on the knot and visiting their website thinking, "this is very interesting and may be perfect". I liked the character of the mansion, so we scheduled for an appointment to see it. It was nice that the website is up front with all their... Read More fees and amenities.. it's definitely a blank slate, but that's what made it perfect for us. The Bryn du was our first pick with all the sites unseen, even though it was further away than we would have liked. But when we drove past the gates, up to the parking lot... everything looked beautiful. My family is Chinese, and as a family business we did Chinese antiques and crafts, so the details in the mansion, how well it is kept, the large columns and swings on the front portico; everything was perfect. When we drove home my then fiance asked, "do we even need to see other places?" I replied with full confidence, "no honey, I think we've found it." Bruce and Athena were both very helpful, and have great advice and suggestions... Sure, throughout the process of planning and trying to coordinate everything from Columbus, it proved to be tricky and patience testing.. but everything worked out beautifully in the end. I wouldn't do anything different. It was picture perfect; with the big Chinese lanterns, many other Chinese wedding festivities details... loved every bit of it. Thank you Bruce and Athena for such a great, magical place that will forever hold an important place in our hearts.

Beautiful, laid back, and affordable!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Mary R

My husband and I just recently got married at Bryn Du in the Mansion with just shy of 100 guests. We got so many compliments on the venue, which is set in Granville, OH on a beautiful and HUGE lot with tons of mature trees and other historical buildings. The mansion captured... Read More that classy yet approachable vibe that we were looking for. Working with Bruce and Athena (and Quincy!) was wonderful. They are so flexible, unlike many other venues in the area. We got married on a Saturday and we were able to get into the mansion to start setting up on Friday morning, hold our rehearsal there Friday evening, and then we had the mansion all day on Saturday. The flexibility in when we could be in the venue was a major stress relief. We ended up working with a caterer and rental company that were listed as preferred vendors for Bryn Du (which I highly recommend since they were SO knowledgeable about the venue and working with Bruce that I ended up having very little to figure out!), but they are very flexible to letting you pick your vendors. As far as price, Bryn Du is very affordable and they offer a lot of great amenities. They provide chairs and tables (though you can work with a 3rd party vendor, like I did, to order additional tables and different chairs), they have a kitchen on site, are handicap accessible, have a HUGE parking lot, and are very easy to get to. From the beautiful mansion, the expansive land, the great cost, and extreme ease of planning, it was perfect.

Beautiful place for a wedding

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Shawn M

My daughters wedding this past weekend was at the Bryn Du Mansion. It was a gorgeous setting. I rented the entire facility and could not be happier. Gave us many options for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. Athena and Bruce were on hand all weekend and very... Read More helpful. If you are looking for a unique special location this is it!! We had our guests stay at Cherry Valley Lodge, which worked out beautifully. I highly recommend Bryn Du Mansion!!

Great Venue!!!

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Brittany P

This venue was perfect for our June wedding!!! Bruce and Athena were so great and easy to work with! We were able to choose any cater, dj, ect for this venue which let us personalize everything and work in our budget!! Great opts for pictures!!! Would highly recommend Bryn Du... Read More Mansion as we thoroughly enjoyed our Big Day!!!

Overall wedding

Reviewed on 5/22/2014 jillian d

nice venue, got a great deal, management was easy to get a hold of and for the most part attentive to our needs

Ceremony and Reception - Beautiful & unique!

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Julie A

We had our ceremony and reception at the Bryn Du Mansion in September. We had the ceremony on the front patio and the reception in a tent out back. The Bryn Du is basically a blank slate, you can bring in any vendors and pretty much have free reign over how to use the space. It... Read More was a lot of work to plan but I wanted to be able to be creative and make the decisions and it all turned our beautifully. Bruce and Athena are very laid back and we were able to set up on Friday because there was no one using the house that day which helped a lot. We also used the little bridal room upstairs which was a nice place to wait and finish getting ready before the ceremony. I think it is an extra $100 and we paid $1800 for use of the house (with a local Granville discount because my husband's mom lives there). They let you bring in your own alcohol which is a big bonus as well. We had another wedding ceremony outdoor at the Field House location (they have up to two weddings a day) running at the exact same time but you couldn't hear anything from the other event and the staff made sure guests went to the right spot. It was the perfect place for us because we wanted something a bit non traditional and outdoor so if you are willing to put in a little extra work and would like something unique and romantic I would highly recommend the Bryn Du!

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Darcy M

Bryn du Mansion was an excellent choice for a vender. My ceremony was downtown Columbus, so it was a drive for my guest. It was a tough choice, but I am so glad I choose this location for my reception! It was so beautiful. Bruce was excellent to work with and my guests were so... Read More impressed by the mansion and the grounds.

Beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 9/13/2012 Samantha S

Upon visiting Bryn Du, we instantly fell in love with the charming atmosphere and the lush outdoor space. We got married on the patio and held our reception inside the field house. Bryn Du is a venue that allowed us to be creative, bring in our own vendors, and also required a... Read More true DIY mindset to bring our vision to life. Bruce was amazing - extremely helpful and kind throughout the entire process from our initial booking to clean-up the next day. It was a magical day, set at a magical space.

Perfect

Reviewed on 4/08/2012 Tessa H

Bryn Du mansion is amazing! Bruce was so kind and there were so many fun places to get pictures. It was the best place I could have dreamed of!

wedding at the Bryn Du Mansion

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 robyn j

This place is amazing! My wedding here was everything I wanted & more. This place rents you the facility under a few circumstances, this allows you to bring in your own alcohol & hire your own caterer. This saved us a lot of money in the long run. It is more hands on... Read More since you are required to set up & clean up, but it saved us money.

Great!

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Allison A

Bruce is very helpful and the mansion was beautiful. Kinda pricy because the price does not include insurance but overall, a great place for a reception.

LOVED THEM!

Reviewed on 9/17/2011 Amanda T

I really loved having my wedding at the Bryn Du Mansion. Everyone else loved it too! The only thing I'd see differently would be the fact that they didn't set up their own tables.

Field House Wedding Ceremony and Reception

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Karlyn B

The venue is beautiful, comfortable, and great for DIY Brides. We were able to come on Friday and set up tables and centerpieces, which made Saturday easier. I was able to enjoy the time with my sisters instead of worrying about the reception. I was also able to come on... Read More Sunday to make sure the caterers had done a good job cleaning up. I got many compliments on my choice of venue. Bruce was friendly and very easy to work with.

Bryn Du Mansion - The Fieldhouse

Reviewed on 7/29/2011 Sarah L

We had an amazing experience working with Bryn Du. We loved that we were able to bring our own outside vendors and did not have a set list that we had to use. Bruce Cramer, who runs the mansion, is so helpful. We also loved that when you rent the property, you have it Friday,... Read More Saturday, and Sunday. It made our Saturday wedding a lot less stressful! The only negative thing I have to say is that they do double book the property most weekends in the spring/summer. The other wedding on our day was at the mansion, with an outdoor ceremony and reception. Their reception was taking place outside near our ceremony, at the same time as a ceremony. Bruce made sure that they were quiet though, and he even made sure to block off parking spots for our guests so they weren't all taken by the earlier wedding. Loved Bryn Du!

Great Place!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Raven D

The Bryn Du Mansion Estate in Granville, Ohio is more then beautiful but, don’t forget to check out their Field House. The Field House has a beautiful stone out door patio and terrace. The weather didn’t allow us to have the ceremony outdoors as we had planned but the Field... Read More House had more then enough room for us to move the ceremony indoors with reception seating as our back up plan. Bruce was more then flexible to work with… he even allowed us to have our rehearsal dinner at the field house the night before the wedding. Please take into consideration that you will need to rent tables, chairs, linens, china, find a caterer, etc when using this location…. But, think of it as a blank canvas that you get to paint. You are not locked into a caterer that you may not like and if you are resourceful you can plan a beautiful wedding within any budget!

Beautiful but Pricey!

Reviewed on 8/25/2010 Kristin D

The place is absolutely beautiful! Very expensive though, and for what you pay you only get the space...no tables chairs linens or cleanup!!

Bryn Du

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Megan G

Like the other review noted you are only renting the building and surronding area, but it so beautiful. I was married last July and the view from the top area looking down on the grounds was so surreal. We had cocktail hour on the terrace. The atmosphere was just perfect. You... Read More can truly do alot with this building. The man in charge was so easy to get ahold of worked with us on everything we needed.