Bud Johnson Photography

Savannah, St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island and Worldwide!

We LOVE love!

We are a husband & wife team who are thrilled to be a part of your big day! We love hearing your love story and getting to know you! We capture each genuine moment as it unfolds and craft breathtaking, natural images for you to cherish for years to come. Bud is a fine art photographer who specializes in luxury weddings. We can't wait to talk with you and see if we're the perfect fit for your big day! _____________________________________________________________________________ *P.S. We previously called ourselves "Common Spark Media" as you'll see in the reviews below. We think Bud's name is pretty cool though ;)

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Getting Engaged, After Party, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Savannah, St. Simons Island, Jekyll Island and Worldwide! (804) 310-2485

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Kelsey D

Bud and Sarah were absolutely wonderful to work with! From the very beginning, they patiently stepped us through the process of planning for our wedding photography and making sure we got the photos we wanted. It was so nice to have Sarah as a contact, as she was extremely... Read More prompt and helpful in answering any emails or questions as they arose. We booked a package that included an engagement session, and it was hugely helpful to have that time with Bud as he stepped us through a variety of poses and learned what we liked and what made us comfortable. Neither my husband nor I are incredibly comfortable in front of a camera, but Bud made the experience easy and fun - and, most importantly, he captured beautiful images that feel very authentic to us. We really cherish the photos from our engagement session and our wedding, and we are so thankful that we found Bud and Sarah!

2017-11-08T20:39:11 Response from the vendor

Wow, Kelsey! Thank you so much!! Y'all were so much fun to work with and certainly made it very easy to create such beautiful images! We loved getting to be a part of your wedding process and getting know y'all along the way!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Nina C

Bud and Sarah were a joy to work with. We had met Bud a couple years prior at our friend's wedding, so when it was our turn to get tie the knot we knew exactly who we wanted to capture our special day. Bud and Sarah are so attentive and answered every single question we had in a... Read More very timely manner. Our facetime meetings were awesome and we could tell that Bud and Sarah genuinely care so much about all of their couples. When the day arrived, it was like Bud was already a part of our family. He stayed for EVERYTHING and it was a really LONG day. I was worried that maybe he would be too worn out from two ceremonies and a reception but he was right there with a huge smile on his face until the very end. Our photos came out amazing and we have way more than a few favorites. We received so many compliments and I love that our friends and family are able to look at them anytime they want on the online album that Bud put together for us. I wish Bud and Sarah could capture all of my life events!

2017-11-08T11:13:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your kind words!! What an amazing day you had! I had so much fun at both ceremonies! It was great to spend so much time with your family and learn more about Laos culture!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015 Rachel P

Common Spark is absolutely incredible!!! After meeting with Bud we knew that our search for a photographer was over. I had seen their work because of my sister in law and I absolutely loved their style. However, after working with them personally I love them for beyond just... Read More their pictures. Bud and Sarah are amazing people and genuinely care about their clients. They walk you through every step of the process and you don't have to worry about a thing! If I ever had a question, they emailed me back right away. I can't say enough good things about them!

2015-11-03T14:42:43 Response from the vendor

Aw, thank you so much Rachel!!! You are so sweet! We have had the best time getting to know y'all and working with y'all throughout your wedding journey! You had such a gorgeous day and we can't wait to relive that with y'all in just... Read Less Read More

Ah-mazing!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the very beginning, Bud and Sarah went above and beyond and far exceeded any expectations we had regarding wedding photography. Our first conversation with Bud was over skype – he took the time to get to know us as a couple and blew us away! Sarah was so on top of... Read More everything as the “brains behind the operation” and was also quick to answer an email/question or to make sure that we were all on the same page, which is SO important when you are in the thick of the wedding planning. When so many aspects of the planning process are stressful, Bud and Sarah made everything seamless. There are so many things that set Common Spark Media apart. Their attention to detail is unbelievable, and Bud and Sarah really tap in to the whole “point” behind wedding photography in the first place – which is to capture the love and memories in to photographs and keepsakes that can be cherished for a lifetime. One of the COOLEST things that Bud does is offer prints of a handful of photos that he takes throughout the session (he did this for both our engagements photos and my bridal portraits) as well as during the wedding day! It was awesome to have something tangible (presented in a handcrafted leather pouch that Bud MAKES HIMSELF – like I said, ah-mazing!) that you can immediately flip through…talk about instant gratification  Even more amazing? Bud slipped away while everyone was eating at our reception to put together a “day-of” slideshow on his iPad. He literally brought me to tears when he passed me the iPad so I could see the beautiful photographs that he had taken just hours before. Booking them for our wedding was absolutely one of the BEST decisions we made in regards to wedding planning. Bud and Sarah truly “get it” – they know what is important to their couples and are so unbelievably kind, quick to respond, and make you feel like you are the only couple they are working with. Bud instantaneously puts everyone at ease, from the couple themselves (trust me, my husband and I are NOT naturals in front of the camera…at ALL) to friends and family at the wedding – everyone LOVED him and we were so grateful to have a photographer that we felt like we had known for years. Honestly, I felt like I had one of my best guy friends hanging out with us all day, taking amazing photos. Which actually reminds me…the photos themselves? Truly breathtaking. Bud captures “feelings” which I didn’t even think was possible. He makes having your photo taken FUN and you somehow end up with a gallery of beautiful photos that make you think: 1) you are marrying (or just married) a rockstar supermodel and 2) he tapped in to what makes you tick as a couple. Trust Bud to get unbelievable photos (even when you feel ridiculous and he makes you do some sort of “action” – for me it was a run and spin – I promise, it’s worth it ) Bottom line? Book them. I promise you won’t regret it.

2015-10-28T14:22:08 Response from the vendor

WOW, Ellie!! You just made our day! You are too kind!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write so many nice things about us :) Y'all are such an amazing couple and we had such a wonderful time working with y'all all... Read Less Read More

Highly recommend Common Spark Media!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

I'm extremely happy my wife and I chose Common Spark Media for our engagement pictures AND to photograph our wedding. The husband and wife run business came highly recommended from other friends and was consistent with other reviews I read online. They both are very good... Read More communicators; we never once felt pressured, disappointed or under-valued. One big turn on for us was that we outright own our pictures! They do not use copyrights and I like that! We also LOVED their photobooth! SO MUCH FUN! tons of props and fun and friendly photobooth attendant and we all the digital copies from that were uploaded within 24 hours! All of our expectations were beyond met we highly recommend this business because they are super friendly, accommodating, professional and hands-down excellent at what they do!

2015-10-28T14:46:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks, Nathan!!! You are so kind! It was our greatest pleasure to be a part of your and Ivelis' wedding day in so many special ways! We love y'all!

Wonderful Photographer!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Elizabeth O

I cannot say enough things about Common Spark Media! Throughout the whole process Bud and Sarah were supremely helpful, timely, and above all, friendly! From our first inquiry we were amazed at the response times and excitement from Sarah! We set up a time to get to know Bud and... Read More talk about our options and get to know him, and from there our decision was made! We clicked instantly and he wanted to know our story and get to know us as people. Leading up the wedding they helped us a lot with our day of timeline and made excellent vendor recommendations. On our wedding day Bud and his second shooter Su were early and took a minute to get a lay of the land and meet our Bridal party. They really listened to the shots that we wanted. From there they took off to take as many photos as they could, and we could not be happier with the results. Our photos are GORGEOUS. Beautifully framed and setup, the colors pop off the page of each one making it easy to step back to each moment. Bud has an art to making staged shots (hey some moments just have to happen one more time) look completely natural. They did an excellent job getting every shot we could want. They both really made us all feel comfortable and we had the BEST time laughing and having a great time to get beautiful pictures. One of the best parts was while we were sitting down to dinner. Bud ran out to the car and compiled a short slideshow of some of the shots he had already taken. It was nice to take a moment with just me and my husband to look through the awesome day we were having and to be together. At the end of the night we were handed a leather satchel to take with us. It was filled with Polaroids of candid shots taken throughout the day. We had a great time looking through them once we got back to the hotel. Our pictures were delivered quickly after the wedding, in a great online album that we could share out to our families. It is a riot going through SO MANY pictures with people. There are seriously so many pictures that I could not think of a single "If only we had gotten this shot" moment. Our experience could not have been better, and we HIGHLY recommend Common Spark Media to any couple looking to really capture their wedding day!

2015-10-17T20:30:10 Response from the vendor

You are too kind, Liz!!! Thank you so much for your incredible novel review of us!!! ;) Seriously, y'all are such an amazing couple and we were lucky to be a part of your awesome day! Much love, Sarah & Bud

LOVE Common Spark Media!!

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 caitlin j

Common Spark Media is absolutely the best! The first time my husband and I met Bud we knew right away that he was the photographer for our wedding! Our first meeting with him was so great that we even decided to do engagement pictures, something that we didn't plan on doing at... Read More all! And Sarah is so great at being the "brains" of the business! She was so quick at responding to all my questions, requests, and concerns throughout the entire wedding planning process; she seriously is AMAZING! Jared and I recently had the honor of doing 1st year anniversary photos with them and we had a blast! They are so creative and the quality of their photos is impeccable; you truly will not be disappointed with anything that has to do with Common Spark Media!

2015-10-17T20:32:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Caitlin!!! You are SO sweet!!! We had such a great time doing your anniversary photos recently! Y'all are hilarious and too cute! It's been an honor to be a part of each step! Much love, Sarah & Bud

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Tiffany M

Common Spark Media was absolutely AMAZING to work with! We used them for our photography, photo booth, AND video. BEST DECISION! The pictures that Bud is able to capture are out of this world. I seriously lost count of how many people complimented him after our wedding!! They... Read More loved not only the pictures he captured, but also how nice he is! AT THE WEDDING, Bud got out his iPad and showed my husband and I pictures he had taken throughout the day! He also went over and showed my family AND my husband's family! Bud also gave us PRINTS at the wedding! REAL PAPER PRINTS! Who does that anymore?! Common Spark Media- that's who. Their attention to detail is what really makes them stand out from the rest. You will feel like you have known them all of your life when you work with them. (Which helps when you are awkwardly standing in front of a camera!) His wife, Sarah, was also fantastic to work with. She contacted me throughout the entire journey of wedding planning- and not just to discuss business with them. Just to check in and chat about the plans! In a fast paced world it is so nice/refreshing to have someone who you are in a business transaction with to be so kind, caring, and just all around AWESOME. Hopefully by now you are already contacting them- I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they are available!! I promise it will be the best decision you make in regards to planning your wedding! (Second to choosing your husband of course :-))

2015-10-17T20:35:32 Response from the vendor

"awkwardly standing in front of a camera" - LOL!!! Yes, I couldn't agree more that getting to know each other before the big day is so relieving! You are too kind, Tiffany!! :) Thank you for taking the time to write all of this! You... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/07/2015

From the moment we chose to work with Bud and Sarah they made us feel like their priority! They were always available to answer questions during the wedding process! They were super supportive and made us feel much more at ease! We are beyond thrilled with both our engagement... Read More and wedding photos! Bud really captured our wedding day and us as a couple! We highly recommend CSM for anyone looking for an engagement/wedding photographer! We are so happy that we chose them!

2015-10-17T20:41:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for posting this awesome review for us, Kasey!!! You are awesome! We're so glad to hear you enjoyed the whole process as much as we did! Y'all are what makes this job so amazing! Much love, Sarah & Bud

Reviewed on 8/11/2015

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Bud and Sarah. I had seen their photos in the past and I loved them. When we got engaged, they were the obvious first choice. Their creativity, photography style, professionalism, and all around personalities are out of this world!... Read More During our engagement session, Bud took his time getting to know us, which instantly made us feel more comfortable in front of the camera. Throughout the planning, they were super responsive to all our questions. When the day of the wedding rolled around, Bud and his team were with us all day and were excellent to work with! They were able to capture all of our special moments before, during and after the ceremony and reception. They were so warm and genuine it felt like they were actually a part of our wedding and not just a vendor. Most importantly, the quality of their work is superb (peruse their website and you'll see what I mean). Our wedding photos really capture how magical and special our wedding day was and really exceeded all of our expectations. Lastly, they use PASS (a really cool photo sharing web-based software), which provides you with high-quality electronic prints of ALL your photos. They also give you full rights to your images, which makes it so easy to print, download and share your photos with family and friends! Thank you Common Spark Media! We will cherish our photographs forever!

2015-08-11T13:19:48 Response from the vendor

Wow, Kimmi!!! You are too kind!! That just made our day! Y'all are so awesome, I know Bud really felt like a part of the family on the big day and we both have so enjoyed getting to know y'all more over the past year... Read Less Read More

Love Love Love!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Delmis J

I could not have asked for a better photographer for my wedding day. Bud made us feel comfortable from the very beginning and in the end everything turned out amazing. We made a very good choice sharing our day with Common Spark Media.

August 30, 2014

Reviewed on 10/27/2014

Common Spark Media was amazing !! This husband and wife team are quick to respond to your questions and there to support you every step of the way . They love sharing about their past weddings and enjoy helping you plan out all the details of your wedding, so they can meet your... Read More every need! We had a meet and greet in person to go over prices and general expectations at Starbucks . Bud is super easy to work with - such a great person as well as a photographer . We also had a phone meeting several weeks before the wedding to make sure he knew who and what I wanted pictures with , we also went over my itinerary at that time . His wife is great when it comes to book keeping and helping keep the bride calm while planning for the BIG day ! I was nervous about paying more than expected for our photos - however you have full right to all the photos he takes ! You can download them and print them at walmart, cvs , ext. or have them professionally printed . All your photos get loaded onto your own personal webpage so your family and friends can view and download which ever ones they want if you choose to give them the web link . My husband and I were very satisified with Common Spark Media, Bud has a way of capturing your wedding day unlike any other photographer I have seen ! We will be using them for future photo sessions . Thank you Common Spark Media !!!

Hands down BEST decision of our wedding, besides getting married :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Katherine D

Bud took our engagement photos and photographed our rehearsal dinner and wedding day, start to finish (and all for an affordable price!). It's obvious that he and Sarah truly have a passion for what they do and it shows through in their commitment to the couples they work with... Read More and the high quality of their photos. They go above and beyond working with you to make sure you have the experience and photos you want. We've been thrilled every step of the way and would 100% recommend Common Spark Media to anyone!!

2015-08-11T13:21:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Katherine & Ryan!! We had a great time getting to know y'all throughout these big life events! Ryan's bands are so talented! Love that they played the rehearsal dinner & reception - so cool! Katherine, you did an amazing job pulling everything together!... Read Less Read More

DREAM TEAM

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 Sarah R

Bud & Sarah were the perfect choice! They went above and beyond our expectations from the very beginning. We fell in love with their photos but they were a few hours away. Bud face timed us throughout the process to make sure we were all on the same page and Sarah responded to... Read More my ridiculous amount of questions via email almost immediately. Bud even sent us a post card from Paris :) My husband and I were both a little nervous about picture posing and not looking awkward...Bud had the BEST personality and made us look amazing while making it seem seamless. I am so happy with our photos and I can not wait to hire them again!!

they're rad ;)

Reviewed on 10/21/2014 jennifer w

I was originally drawn to Commonspark when I saw the intimacy of their photos. They didn't look like your cookie cutter staged, you stand here and smile photos. Every email was quickly answered. They were awesome- even when after the fact we both realized we forgot to get... Read More rings pics- we were able to meet up and get it done. The photo booth was a hit at the reception. Bud was very easy to work with on the day of our wedding- very laid back which made the experience so much better. Our pics were fabulous- everyone loved them- especially us. And then we were out of the blue surprised when we got this beautiful canvas that now hangs over our mantle from them! I try to pimp these guys out to everyone.

2015-08-11T13:22:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Jennifer & Wood!! Y'all are the raddest (word?)! You spoil us and really make us feel appreciated, which we appreciate! ;) We have loved getting to know y'all and can't wait to catch up soon so you can meet our munchkins too!

Common Spark Media = the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jennifer S

Bud and Sarah are two of the best people you could ever have the pleasure of meeting. From our first consultation to beyond our wedding day, they have been the most supportive and helpful vendor you could hope for. Bud's pictures are breathtaking - every single one. You will... Read More not regret hiring this amazing team!

AMAZING Photographer

Reviewed on 9/14/2014

Bud and Sarah went above and beyond for our wedding. They not only met with us in person many times, but did a meeting via video chat. They also sent a great book that we enjoyed reading on our honeymoon. I have only received compliments on the pictures they have taken. People... Read More are amazed at the great work that is done.

Engagement Shoot

Reviewed on 2/01/2014

My fiance and I are from Florida. He was working in Richmond on a client site when he purchased "the ring". Richmond became part of our wedding story and we wanted to capture some places we visited through pictures. We had a hard time getting other photographers to even write us... Read More back. Through a co-worker, my fiance heard of Common Spark Media. They came highly recommended. Our experience was excellent throughout the entire process. Upon entering an inquiry on their wedding site we were immediately contacted. From the first contact through the delivery of the final pictures, Sarah was extremely professional and answered all of our questions timely. Bud took the time to skype with us prior to the shoot to find out what we liked and introduce himself. This is a family owned business and throughout the process you see how much they genuinely care. Our shoot felt just as important to them as it was to us. Bud took two days out of his weekend due to weather; he knew we only had a weekend to capture our pictures as we were traveling from Florida. He was excellent to work with and thought of things such as a pop-up tent to make it easier for us to change outdoors. For us, it was the little things that made the experience. We had a blast shooting with Bud. It's hard to say what we enjoyed better. Our experience or our pictures. We highly recommend Common Spark Media.

2015-08-11T13:24:32 Response from the vendor

Wow, Mary & Kirk!! Thank you for all of those kind words!! We loved working with y'all and really wished we weren't booked on your wedding day! That would've been so much fun! We wish you guys a lifetime of joy together!

Absolutely recommend!

Reviewed on 1/29/2014 Chelsey M

The work that Bud Johnson produced was everything we could have dreamed of for our engagement, wedding day, and reception photos. He adapted perfectly to our style and our personalities are portrayed in each and every shot. We truly appreciated his flexibility with the traveling... Read More involved in our destination wedding on Hatteras Island, North Carolina, a small reception there, and a large home reception in Mechanicsville, Virginia a completely different weekend. He even created a slide show of wedding day photos as well as a slide show and video of our engagement shoot that he played at the reception at home. This was absolutely perfect because the people that could not make it to the wedding in North Carolina felt like they were a part of the day and got to experience it through his beautiful work. Su Nguyen, his brother-in-law, wed us on that gorgeous Monday on the beaches of Hatteras Island, but also played a large part in the photos we received to document the most important days of our lives. When Su was not leading the ceremony, he was aiding Bud in anything and everything he could. He assisted with shooting our engagement session, post ceremony photos, and played a large part in our reception photo booth that Bud also put together for us. By the way, that was an absolute blast and my guests could not say enough positive things about it. Highly recommend having a photo booth at any reception!! I get so much positive feedback from anyone that looks at my photos and my mother still tears up to this day when she flips through my wedding album. Bud, you are an amazing artist and so fun and easy to work with! Michael and I truly thank you for making the experience everything we wanted it to be and more.

Common Spark Media- Amazing

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Pennylee R

Bud is an amazing photographer. So far we have only had engagement pictures taken, but I can't wait to use him at the wedding. With Common Spark Media you will get a lot of personal service. Photography was one aspect of the wedding I did not want to skimp on. Photos last a... Read More lifetime, unlike other aspects of a wedding. Once again, Common Spark Media is amazing and I would not hesitate to use them again. If you want a professional, affordable photographer that cares about getting great pictures go with Common Spark Media.

Engagement, Wedding, Lifelong

Reviewed on 1/28/2014 Katherine N

Common Spark Media took pictures for my fiance and I back in September. They will also be shooting our wedding this May. Before we booked our engagement shoot or our wedding they took the time to sit down with us and hear our story and the vision that we had for our wedding.... Read More They were not pushy or overstepping their role, but wanted to hear what we wanted for our big day. I can honestly say that I have never had better pictures taken of me in my life. My engagement pictures were phenomenal. I honestly started tearing up when I saw them posted. It was so hard for my fiance and I to pick just one picture for our save the dates so we went with 5 pictures because we had so many favorites. He didn't just capture us... he captured the love that we have for each other and our story in his pictures. We cannot wait to have Common Spark Media shoot our wedding in May. I cannot wait to be able to share pictures and memories with family members who will not be there and to share our special day with our children one day through the pictures that they capture. Common Spark Media will not just be our "Wedding Photographers". We will continue to use them as our family grows and important things happen in our life.. we want Common Spark Media there to capture everything! If this is something you want then DEFINITELY give Common Spark Media a call to book your wedding. They are amazing!

Common Spark Media is simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/24/2013 Erin F

Common Spark Media went above and beyond for our May wedding! From the very beginning with our engagement photo shoots, Bud and Su were so creative and fun to work with! They made us feel instantly comfortable, despite the below freezing temperatures, and the outcome was... Read More everything we wanted. Our wedding day was even better and it really felt like Bud and Su were guests that just happened to be filming and taking pictures! The photo booth was the HIT OF THE NIGHT! It was truly a production and the time they spent with us helped make lifelong memories! We plan on having Common Spark Media photograph and document all of our major life events!

Bud & Sarah Johnson

Bud Johnson is a professional wedding and elopement photographer based out of Savannah, Georgia. He runs on diet Mountain Dew, could eat pizza for every meal (if his wife let him), and loves Amazon more than his wife wishes he did. His amazing wife & business partner, Sarah has quite the addiction to chocolate, has a weakness for macarons (seeing a pattern?) and stalks the secondhand sales sites even when she's not looking for anything. Bud loves photographing weddings and portraits around the world. Sarah and Bud ensure each wedding is given professional and loving attention.