Bud Maltin Music (LIVE Band) + Metropolitan Music DJs

Metro-NY & Tri-State Area

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music

Extraordinary range of styles, non-stop continuous dance music as well as ceremony & cocktail hour. Get the vocalists and musician you see. Free CD on request, see us live in NYC. Discounts for certain dates, call for price quote & song list. Plus DJ services including DJ/Live combinations.

Instruments

Vocals

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Wedding

Live Music

New York, NY Metro-NY & Tri-State Area (212) 447-6543

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nita G

Coming from a family of musicians, I was a little hesitant to hire a "wedding band" but when my daughter and son-in-law brought us to hear Bud Maltin's band in a showcase, we were sold! They are all such professional and serious musicians and they know how to bring the crowd to... Read More their feet to dance, dance, dance the night away - which after all, is the goal at a wedding, right?! This band made the entire evening MAGICAL! The guitar/flute combo at the ceremony was a perfect blend to enhance the vows. The cocktail hour background music by their classical guitarist was absolutely beautiful! But of course, it was the DANCE MUSIC which truly made our party a success, with Bud at the helm, navigating our various guest soloists (family members and the bride!) effortlessly through the evening. Also wanted to mention how attentive and cooperative both Bud and manager Bill were throughout the planning process. Bud made a special trip to the venue a few days prior to the wedding to ensure that everything would be perfect for our daughter and her groom. He helped us to maintain a couple of surprise events at the wedding by planning enough time. All in all, we would highly recommend the Bud Maltin Band for your event! You will be in good hands and have so much fun dancing that your guests will be talking about it for months!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Alexandra B

I can't find the words to truly express how impressed, happy, excited, beyond pleased I am with how you all performed at my wedding on April 8th. Everything was flawless and you made me feel so relaxed and confident as a bride to just let you run the show because you know... Read More EXACTLY what to do. You guys nailed it. Everyone (two weeks later) is still raving about THE BAND! It was the most magical night for us and I am so thankful for all of your talents. Everyone single one of you were spectacular and beyond gifted!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Amanda V

LOVED OUR BAND!!! (saw one Bud's bands at a friends' wedding first and was impressed). Band manager Bill Galbo was very responsive and great to work with from the get-go. He was super collaborative, attentive, and fun. I am a former wedding singer (and thus know what I want and... Read More like) and he made it super easy to have a ton of input on the song list, etc. And they said it would be entirely possible (and welcomed) for me to get up and sing with the band at some point in the night. Bill (And Bud) also worked with me to get the band arrangement that fit my price range - which was critical! They even DJed the ceremony and cocktail hr. The band that played our wedding was led by band leader/saxophonist Timmy Cappello. Timmy is one of the kindest people and a super talented musician. He was the perfect MC (said all of the right things, but was quick and to the point and didnt do any cheesy stuff that you sometimes see at weddings!). The song selection was SPOT ON. They played such an amazing range of music (pop, motown, funk, swing, hip-hop, RAP!) and did it so well. Each band member was very talented and soloed/riffed and got really into it! Also -the singers were UNREAL (Sherma and Eric). We (and vast majority of wedding guests) were literally on the dance floor the entire night. It was one, huge, happy dance party and that is exactly what we wanted. (with the perfect slow songs sprinkled in and the requisite relaxed James Taylor tunes (we are big fans) for the few moments that we actually wanted to sit and eat!) They played our Sam Smith wedding song - Latch - super well and nailed the arrangement - slow version into the upbeat remix version. They also killed it on the father/daughter dance (Stand By Me) and mother/son dance (Shower the People). Last but not least, when it came time for me to sing (I planned with Timmy to sing three songs) - they were SO incredibly GRACIOUS and fun to sing with. They nailed the instrumentals and back-up vocals and I had the best time singing to my new husband in front of my family and friends.

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Valerie H

My husband and I hired Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music for our wedding. We purchased a package including a Live/DJ Combo, where we had a DJ (AJ), female vocalist (Sherma) and a musician. Our musician was Bud, who we had communicated with throughout most of the process leading up... Read More to the day of. He played the flute for our ceremony (with beautifully pre-recorded music to accompany him), and was hired to play the sax. He even brought his keyboard too. Sharma played the keys as well, and she had a beautiful voice! If you can't afford a full band this was an excellent option that I'd highly recommend. My guests had a wonderful time, and the dance floor was full nearly the whole night. Bud and Bill were more than willing to working with us on song selections, special requests and offered plenty of helpful suggestions too. They made the experience smooth and seamless and Bud was a great Emcee. I would absolutely work with them again in the future.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Jessie L

My husband and I recently got married at Tribeca Rooftop this September. Bud Maltin played at my brother-in-laws wedding and he was one of the very first vendors we called as we knew we wanted to use him for our wedding as well. The Bud Maltin team is extremely professional,... Read More accommodating and attentive. We met with Bud a few weeks before our wedding to review our song list and he was very honest about certain song choices -- either telling us they were must-plays or giving us a similar option that he thought would be more of a crowd pleaser, both were very much appreciated! My husband and I had also been practicing a choreographed first dance for weeks and I emphasized to the band prior that I wanted it to be played exactly as the cover version sounded that we had been practicing to. Bud blew me away by making our first dance sound just like that version, down to the second. We can't thank Bud and his band enough for making our wedding day so perfect. We have received so many compliments on the band following our wedding and we would highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Mike T

The band were great and created a special atmosphere from the start of the evening. Starting with the Hora and ending with New York they were fun from start to finish. Thanks a lot guys.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Emily C

My husband and I worked with Bud and the band for our wedding in April and could not have been more pleased with the experience. Bud and Bill were such a great help leading up to the big day with suggestions and keeping us on track to get everything squared away. AND on the... Read More big day they were even better. We absolutely loved having them and all of our family and friends are still talking about how great they were six months later. I even dare to say they are the best wedding band we have ever seen. Go with Bud Maltin- you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Erica M

Bud, Bill and the rest of the band were absolutely amazing! I would (and have) recommend them to anyone I know for their wedding. They kept the party going all night, played all the songs we requested and totally got the vibe of what we were looking for. They also learned our... Read More first dance song for us and did an amazing version of it. Bud was also so helpful leading up to the wedding. He went over all the songs with us and helped us pick what to walk out to for the reception. I loved that he met with the wedding party before our entrance into the reception to make sure that everyone knew the flow of the events and that he could pronounce everyone's name correctly. Little details like that really made me so relaxed the day of the wedding! Bill also was great help when getting ready for the big day. He was extremely organized and prompt in his responses whenever I had a question concerning the band. It's been a little over 2 months since our wedding and our friends and family cannot stop raving about how great the band was! The band's love for music and performing shines through! The Bud Maltin Band MADE our wedding the perfect dance party we always wanted - THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Laura Z

I would highly recommend Bud Maltin Music! Bud and Bill were a pleasure to work with throughout the wedding process. They are true professionals and listened to what we wanted, but also helped advise on things we needed help with. We had an 8 person band and all of our guests... Read More RAVED about them the whole night! My family is so happy with Bud Maltin Music we are using them again at my brother's bar mitzvah. They are the best!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Lindsay S

Choosing Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music to play at my wedding was the best decision I ever made (well, second to agreeing to marry my husband!). From our first conversation to the big day itself, Bud and Bill, the manager, were incredibly responsive, thoughtful, and... Read More professional. I had no stress working with them whatsoever! The band itself is unlike any wedding band I've ever heard - they brought the house down and our friends and family were raving! Several guests told us that Bud Maltin was the best wedding band they had ever heard - and we agree! With an extensive playlist and an insanely talented line up, Bud Maltin kept our guests on the dance floor all night. We had so much fun! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Nanci S

We made the brilliant decision to hire the Bud Maltin band for our daughter's wedding this weekend. They were the consummate professionals from the first contact to the very last song of the evening. To say that they are gifted musicians and absolutely fabulous at getting a... Read More party started and keeping it going would be an understatement. The dance floor was packed all night long. They were lively and energetic without blasting you out of the room. They were incredibly pleasant in all dealings and are so eager to please. I cannot imagine anyone not being thrilled with this band. I would hire them again without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Craig S

I have made and attended many events but cannot recall any band that approached Bud Maltin Music for its musical aptitude, ability to "light up the room" and get (and keep) the party going, and overall quality. Their level of professionalism is unparalleled. They were a... Read More pleasure to work with from the time of our first contact through the conclusion of our reception. You will not be disappointed!!!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Vish P

Bud and the band were perfect - they created energy, managed the flow, and kept us dancing. From the start, Bill made the planning process really easy for us. Bud was in contact throughout, learning our first dance song, taking the time to talk through the plan for the night,... Read More working with our other vendors and wedding planner. Not having been to a wedding with a live band before, I could not recommend Bud and a live band more. We had a jewish/hindu wedding and Bud had the EVERYONE dancing during the Hora and jumping during bollywood and bangra later. Many many guests have told us that they've never made more fun at a wedding than doing the Hora. Overall, we were extremely happy with Bud, Bill and the band.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Annie C

We selected Bud Maltin Music for our wedding reception and it was one of the best decisions we made for our event. It was one of our top priorities to find the right DJ to ensure our guests would be on the dance floor all night. And that's exactly what happened! We worked with... Read More Bill Galbo, who was an absolute pleasure from day one. He totally got the taste in music we were going for by asking the right questions from the get-go. He was accommodating, easy to work with and reliable. Also, he had a plethora of experience, so we relied on his expertise and suggestions. We knew we were in good hands with no stress at all. As for the reception, Bill, and his colleague, AJ, made the nights go smoothly. Everything was times perfectly, thanks to him and his coordination with our venue. All the toasts, speeches, first dance and cake cutting flowed through the night. The best part is that Bill read the crowd well. As promised, he made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor and had a wonderful time. We highly recommend Bill and Bud Maltin Music for your next event. They are the best in the business!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Nicole A

FABULOUS! From start to finish, Bill and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to us, really understood the feeling we were trying to create and helped us figure out how best to do that with the music. From the types of instruments to the special song... Read More selections to the structure for the evening, Bill was always available to offer advice but was never pushy or overbearing. Amidst so many other moving pieces of the wedding planning process, we were so grateful for the professionalism, creativity and quality provided by Bill; we knew we were in good hands and had no worries going into the day; we couldn’t be happier with how everything came together. We had an acoustic guitarist (Mark) for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he was simply amazing! For the reception, we opted to have both musicians and DJ (keyboard, vocalist, guitar) for a mix of live and recorded favorites, and it was a blast! The entire team was so talented, and our guests loved the combination. Bill even found moments to get in a few songs that were meaningful to us but didn’t quite work for special songs, which was a really nice personal touch. All in all, the music was one of the highlights of the evening, and we would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Elisa S

We had a fabulous time at our wedding dancing with Bud Maltin Music. The band was professional, fun, and just a pleasure to work with. From the cocktail hour music, to the ceremony, to the dance party, everything was perfect. Best choice we made.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt S

To say Bill & the gang from Bud Maltin exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. Not only we're all the suggestions Bill made spot-on and enhanced the evening, but he took the time to meet with us and hone in on exactly why we wanted. We received countless comments... Read More from guests regarding how much they loved the band/dj combo many saying it was the best band they've ever seen at a wedding and I completely agree. If you want the perfect music for the perfect night, look no further than Bud Maltin.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Widya L

We worked with Bill Galbo for our wedding at the Battery Gardens. Bill was very responsive from the start and was hands on throughout the entire process. That's what I love about him. I already knew what songs I wanted for the ceremony but Bill was sending us new ideas on the... Read More ceremony details to make it even better and me, my now husband and Bill worked together perfectly making the whole process painless. The night before the wedding, the DJ assistant was diagnosed with foot & mouth disease but Bill sent me an email to say they have found a replacement. On the day, he was so professional and made us feel at ease. There was a couple of glitches with the prelude that was partly caused by a misunderstanding with the officiant. My advice to all bride/groom-to-bes, be super detail-oriented during your ceremony rehearsal.. like actually play the music on your phone, and make the officiant/bridal party rehearse and walk to the music as if it's the actual day from beginning to end to avoid any mishaps! When we asked Bill what happened after the wedding, he was so professional about it and took all the responsibilities. Hey, mistakes happen even with all the detailed planning! We had some major problems with our florist and they were very defensive, ended up blaming our venue and were not professional at all. So we know Bill is amazing and not all vendors are as good! In the end, we also had other details, like playing a slideshow which went perfectly. Bill also made some dance song suggestions to pump up the crowd which worked great. Overall, the wedding was a great success. Our guests danced the night away, the dance floor was never empty and everyone could not stop talking about how fun and amazing our wedding was. Thank you Bill and team!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kit N

Early in the planning process my friend suggested Bud Maltin Music be our entertainment for our September wedding, and I'm so glad she did! After our initial phone call with Bill, the owner, we felt completely comfortable and excited for him to do our wedding. Bill was so prompt... Read More at responding to any questions we had and offered us many ideas and suggestions as far as entrance music, the order of our reception, etc. A few days before the wedding he confirmed absolutely every detail of the night which had me feeling extremely calm heading into the big day. At our wedding we had Bill, a vocalist, guitarist, and sax player and they were all phenomenal!! I had never been to a wedding that had a combination of live and recorded music and it created such a unique atmosphere to the night. Being able to dance our first dance to live music was incredible! We received so many compliments, and we still do, on how awesome the music was! The selection was great, something for everyone, and again the live aspect was so fantastic. Everything happened just as Bill said it would, only better! We can't thank Bill and his team at Bud Maltin enough for making our wedding so memorable. We only wish we had another event we could hire them for, maybe an anniversary party! Thank you again Bill!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Allison B

Bud Maltin Music was beyond incredible! The band was excellent at engaging the crowd that there was not a single person not dancing. Their song lists are extensive and their song choices were really timed well. For example, in my father's speech he mentioned the fact that he... Read More calls me brown eyed girl and after the speech the band went right into playing the song "Brown Eyed Girl" without having any previous knowledge. They have an excellent ability to read their crowd and adapt. Our family and friends were blown away by their performance and all had an amazing time because of Bud and the band. Also, one of the best parts is that they are so easy to work with, Bill was so helpful and quick in communicating with me throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Amanda M

Bud and his band were excellent. The DJ/Live piece combo was the perfect entertainment for our wedding. Bill Galbo was a pleasure to work with. Live piano and harmonica during dinner was a highlight. Our guests had a wonderful time!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ann L

When my fiance and I left a Bud Maltin showcase at Smash Studios, we knew they were our band for our big day. With a crew of incredible talent and wide knowledge base of songs, they killed it on our wedding day. Our guests kept raving at how awesome they were and asked how we... Read More found them. Bud and Bill were super easy to work with and fast to respond to any questions we had. They also welcome any song suggestions and recommended great songs when we didn’t know what we wanted. Bud, Bill, Belinda, Anthony, John, David, Frank, Dean, thank you SO much for making our special day truly memorable!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rosie S

Bud Maltin completely exceeded our expectations. They are totally wonderful. Bud is a pleasure to work with and the band is absolutely full of talent. They learned a few specific songs I requested just for our day and really kept the dance floor going in keeping with the mood... Read More we wanted set. For the ceremony, they provided a flute and acoustic guitar which were above and beyond as the bridal party walked down the aisle. Their attention to detail was perfect and they just ROCKED. I'd hire them again in a second. Best wedding band I've ever seen. Picking the music for our wedding was one of the hardest decisions we made since it is so pivotal to the celebration and I am so happy we chose Bud Maltin!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Emily O

Dear Bud and Bill, THANK YOU for literally making our dreams come true on Saturday. Everything you guys touched was perfect. The ceremony music and accompanying my sister was incredible. We were smiling and laughing hearing John Denver during our recessional. You nailed the Ray... Read More Charles intro and the Natalie Cole song. Being announced during that horn section may have been the best moment of Ed's life!! Then you played the best hora ever. I got several comments that that was the best hora ever. In addition, I got several comments that you were the best band ever, and we wholeheartedly agree! People were asking, "Where did you find that band?" And "Where can I see them play again?!" You kept the energy high all night, which made for the best dance party ever. Even the older folks said they had never danced so much! During the planning process, every interaction we had with you was efficient and helpful. You guys are so good at what you do--we trusted you completely, but we also felt we could give our input and ask for whatever we wanted. It was incredibly easy to work with you. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives. Please send our gratitude along to the rest of the band. We hope to hear you play again soon! Warmly, Emily

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Laura

Wow, what a band! Our wedding was bursting with joy and dancing, largely thanks to their great music. We approached the band about six months before the wedding, and they were wonderful to work with. Bud Maltin and Bill Galbo were so organized — they gave us song ideas, and Bud... Read More met with us several times to talk about the music and wedding schedule. (The schedule was key — we had a brunch wedding, and Bud helped us plan it down to the minute. His help was invaluable. At the wedding, he helped keep us on schedule by announcing what was happening next, including the cake cutting, parent speeches and more. ) The band even learned a new song — our favorite: Satellite, by Guster — and they did a great job, playing it when our ceremony ended and when we did our first dance. The band provided music during the ceremony, cocktail hour and played nonstop continuous music throughout the party. Hands down, it was the best hora I've ever experienced. Everyone, both young and old, was dancing their hearts out. We saw and heard the exact performers that we expected. The lead vocalist was amazing, and most of the other musicians sang as well. The music was so beautiful, that both groom and mother were in tears during the parents dance. I highly recommend this band!