Bud Maltin Music (LIVE Band) + Metropolitan Music DJs

Metro-NY & Tri-State Area

Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music

Extraordinary range of styles, non-stop continuous dance music as well as ceremony & cocktail hour. Get the vocalists and musician you see. Free CD on request, see us live in NYC. Discounts for certain dates, call for price quote & song list. Plus DJ services including DJ/Live combinations.

Instruments

Vocals

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Wedding

Live Music

New York, NY Metro-NY & Tri-State Area (212) 447-6543

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Nita G

Coming from a family of musicians, I was a little hesitant to hire a "wedding band" but when my daughter and son-in-law brought us to hear Bud Maltin's band in a showcase, we were sold! They are all such professional and serious musicians and they know how to bring the crowd to... Read More their feet to dance, dance, dance the night away - which after all, is the goal at a wedding, right?! This band made the entire evening MAGICAL! The guitar/flute combo at the ceremony was a perfect blend to enhance the vows. The cocktail hour background music by their classical guitarist was absolutely beautiful! But of course, it was the DANCE MUSIC which truly made our party a success, with Bud at the helm, navigating our various guest soloists (family members and the bride!) effortlessly through the evening. Also wanted to mention how attentive and cooperative both Bud and manager Bill were throughout the planning process. Bud made a special trip to the venue a few days prior to the wedding to ensure that everything would be perfect for our daughter and her groom. He helped us to maintain a couple of surprise events at the wedding by planning enough time. All in all, we would highly recommend the Bud Maltin Band for your event! You will be in good hands and have so much fun dancing that your guests will be talking about it for months!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Alexandra B

I can't find the words to truly express how impressed, happy, excited, beyond pleased I am with how you all performed at my wedding on April 8th. Everything was flawless and you made me feel so relaxed and confident as a bride to just let you run the show because you know... Read More EXACTLY what to do. You guys nailed it. Everyone (two weeks later) is still raving about THE BAND! It was the most magical night for us and I am so thankful for all of your talents. Everyone single one of you were spectacular and beyond gifted!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Amanda V

LOVED OUR BAND!!! (saw one Bud's bands at a friends' wedding first and was impressed). Band manager Bill Galbo was very responsive and great to work with from the get-go. He was super collaborative, attentive, and fun. I am a former wedding singer (and thus know what I want and... Read More like) and he made it super easy to have a ton of input on the song list, etc. And they said it would be entirely possible (and welcomed) for me to get up and sing with the band at some point in the night. Bill (And Bud) also worked with me to get the band arrangement that fit my price range - which was critical! They even DJed the ceremony and cocktail hr. The band that played our wedding was led by band leader/saxophonist Timmy Cappello. Timmy is one of the kindest people and a super talented musician. He was the perfect MC (said all of the right things, but was quick and to the point and didnt do any cheesy stuff that you sometimes see at weddings!). The song selection was SPOT ON. They played such an amazing range of music (pop, motown, funk, swing, hip-hop, RAP!) and did it so well. Each band member was very talented and soloed/riffed and got really into it! Also -the singers were UNREAL (Sherma and Eric). We (and vast majority of wedding guests) were literally on the dance floor the entire night. It was one, huge, happy dance party and that is exactly what we wanted. (with the perfect slow songs sprinkled in and the requisite relaxed James Taylor tunes (we are big fans) for the few moments that we actually wanted to sit and eat!) They played our Sam Smith wedding song - Latch - super well and nailed the arrangement - slow version into the upbeat remix version. They also killed it on the father/daughter dance (Stand By Me) and mother/son dance (Shower the People). Last but not least, when it came time for me to sing (I planned with Timmy to sing three songs) - they were SO incredibly GRACIOUS and fun to sing with. They nailed the instrumentals and back-up vocals and I had the best time singing to my new husband in front of my family and friends.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Annie C

We selected Bud Maltin Music for our wedding reception and it was one of the best decisions we made for our event. It was one of our top priorities to find the right DJ to ensure our guests would be on the dance floor all night. And that's exactly what happened! We worked with... Read More Bill Galbo, who was an absolute pleasure from day one. He totally got the taste in music we were going for by asking the right questions from the get-go. He was accommodating, easy to work with and reliable. Also, he had a plethora of experience, so we relied on his expertise and suggestions. We knew we were in good hands with no stress at all. As for the reception, Bill, and his colleague, AJ, made the nights go smoothly. Everything was times perfectly, thanks to him and his coordination with our venue. All the toasts, speeches, first dance and cake cutting flowed through the night. The best part is that Bill read the crowd well. As promised, he made sure everyone stayed on the dance floor and had a wonderful time. We highly recommend Bill and Bud Maltin Music for your next event. They are the best in the business!

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Nicole A

FABULOUS! From start to finish, Bill and his team were an absolute pleasure to work with. He listened to us, really understood the feeling we were trying to create and helped us figure out how best to do that with the music. From the types of instruments to the special song... Read More selections to the structure for the evening, Bill was always available to offer advice but was never pushy or overbearing. Amidst so many other moving pieces of the wedding planning process, we were so grateful for the professionalism, creativity and quality provided by Bill; we knew we were in good hands and had no worries going into the day; we couldn’t be happier with how everything came together. We had an acoustic guitarist (Mark) for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he was simply amazing! For the reception, we opted to have both musicians and DJ (keyboard, vocalist, guitar) for a mix of live and recorded favorites, and it was a blast! The entire team was so talented, and our guests loved the combination. Bill even found moments to get in a few songs that were meaningful to us but didn’t quite work for special songs, which was a really nice personal touch. All in all, the music was one of the highlights of the evening, and we would HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Elisa S

We had a fabulous time at our wedding dancing with Bud Maltin Music. The band was professional, fun, and just a pleasure to work with. From the cocktail hour music, to the ceremony, to the dance party, everything was perfect. Best choice we made.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Matt S

To say Bill & the gang from Bud Maltin exceeded my expectations would be an understatement. Not only we're all the suggestions Bill made spot-on and enhanced the evening, but he took the time to meet with us and hone in on exactly why we wanted. We received countless comments... Read More from guests regarding how much they loved the band/dj combo many saying it was the best band they've ever seen at a wedding and I completely agree. If you want the perfect music for the perfect night, look no further than Bud Maltin.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Widya L

We worked with Bill Galbo for our wedding at the Battery Gardens. Bill was very responsive from the start and was hands on throughout the entire process. That's what I love about him. I already knew what songs I wanted for the ceremony but Bill was sending us new ideas on the... Read More ceremony details to make it even better and me, my now husband and Bill worked together perfectly making the whole process painless. The night before the wedding, the DJ assistant was diagnosed with foot & mouth disease but Bill sent me an email to say they have found a replacement. On the day, he was so professional and made us feel at ease. There was a couple of glitches with the prelude that was partly caused by a misunderstanding with the officiant. My advice to all bride/groom-to-bes, be super detail-oriented during your ceremony rehearsal.. like actually play the music on your phone, and make the officiant/bridal party rehearse and walk to the music as if it's the actual day from beginning to end to avoid any mishaps! When we asked Bill what happened after the wedding, he was so professional about it and took all the responsibilities. Hey, mistakes happen even with all the detailed planning! We had some major problems with our florist and they were very defensive, ended up blaming our venue and were not professional at all. So we know Bill is amazing and not all vendors are as good! In the end, we also had other details, like playing a slideshow which went perfectly. Bill also made some dance song suggestions to pump up the crowd which worked great. Overall, the wedding was a great success. Our guests danced the night away, the dance floor was never empty and everyone could not stop talking about how fun and amazing our wedding was. Thank you Bill and team!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kit N

Early in the planning process my friend suggested Bud Maltin Music be our entertainment for our September wedding, and I'm so glad she did! After our initial phone call with Bill, the owner, we felt completely comfortable and excited for him to do our wedding. Bill was so prompt... Read More at responding to any questions we had and offered us many ideas and suggestions as far as entrance music, the order of our reception, etc. A few days before the wedding he confirmed absolutely every detail of the night which had me feeling extremely calm heading into the big day. At our wedding we had Bill, a vocalist, guitarist, and sax player and they were all phenomenal!! I had never been to a wedding that had a combination of live and recorded music and it created such a unique atmosphere to the night. Being able to dance our first dance to live music was incredible! We received so many compliments, and we still do, on how awesome the music was! The selection was great, something for everyone, and again the live aspect was so fantastic. Everything happened just as Bill said it would, only better! We can't thank Bill and his team at Bud Maltin enough for making our wedding so memorable. We only wish we had another event we could hire them for, maybe an anniversary party! Thank you again Bill!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Allison B

Bud Maltin Music was beyond incredible! The band was excellent at engaging the crowd that there was not a single person not dancing. Their song lists are extensive and their song choices were really timed well. For example, in my father's speech he mentioned the fact that he... Read More calls me brown eyed girl and after the speech the band went right into playing the song "Brown Eyed Girl" without having any previous knowledge. They have an excellent ability to read their crowd and adapt. Our family and friends were blown away by their performance and all had an amazing time because of Bud and the band. Also, one of the best parts is that they are so easy to work with, Bill was so helpful and quick in communicating with me throughout the whole process.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Amanda M

Bud and his band were excellent. The DJ/Live piece combo was the perfect entertainment for our wedding. Bill Galbo was a pleasure to work with. Live piano and harmonica during dinner was a highlight. Our guests had a wonderful time!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Ann L

When my fiance and I left a Bud Maltin showcase at Smash Studios, we knew they were our band for our big day. With a crew of incredible talent and wide knowledge base of songs, they killed it on our wedding day. Our guests kept raving at how awesome they were and asked how we... Read More found them. Bud and Bill were super easy to work with and fast to respond to any questions we had. They also welcome any song suggestions and recommended great songs when we didn’t know what we wanted. Bud, Bill, Belinda, Anthony, John, David, Frank, Dean, thank you SO much for making our special day truly memorable!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rosie S

Bud Maltin completely exceeded our expectations. They are totally wonderful. Bud is a pleasure to work with and the band is absolutely full of talent. They learned a few specific songs I requested just for our day and really kept the dance floor going in keeping with the mood... Read More we wanted set. For the ceremony, they provided a flute and acoustic guitar which were above and beyond as the bridal party walked down the aisle. Their attention to detail was perfect and they just ROCKED. I'd hire them again in a second. Best wedding band I've ever seen. Picking the music for our wedding was one of the hardest decisions we made since it is so pivotal to the celebration and I am so happy we chose Bud Maltin!

Reviewed on 7/16/2016 Emily O

Dear Bud and Bill, THANK YOU for literally making our dreams come true on Saturday. Everything you guys touched was perfect. The ceremony music and accompanying my sister was incredible. We were smiling and laughing hearing John Denver during our recessional. You nailed the Ray... Read More Charles intro and the Natalie Cole song. Being announced during that horn section may have been the best moment of Ed's life!! Then you played the best hora ever. I got several comments that that was the best hora ever. In addition, I got several comments that you were the best band ever, and we wholeheartedly agree! People were asking, "Where did you find that band?" And "Where can I see them play again?!" You kept the energy high all night, which made for the best dance party ever. Even the older folks said they had never danced so much! During the planning process, every interaction we had with you was efficient and helpful. You guys are so good at what you do--we trusted you completely, but we also felt we could give our input and ask for whatever we wanted. It was incredibly easy to work with you. Thank you so much for helping to make our wedding the best day of our lives. Please send our gratitude along to the rest of the band. We hope to hear you play again soon! Warmly, Emily

Reviewed on 6/26/2016 Laura

Wow, what a band! Our wedding was bursting with joy and dancing, largely thanks to their great music. We approached the band about six months before the wedding, and they were wonderful to work with. Bud Maltin and Bill Galbo were so organized — they gave us song ideas, and Bud... Read More met with us several times to talk about the music and wedding schedule. (The schedule was key — we had a brunch wedding, and Bud helped us plan it down to the minute. His help was invaluable. At the wedding, he helped keep us on schedule by announcing what was happening next, including the cake cutting, parent speeches and more. ) The band even learned a new song — our favorite: Satellite, by Guster — and they did a great job, playing it when our ceremony ended and when we did our first dance. The band provided music during the ceremony, cocktail hour and played nonstop continuous music throughout the party. Hands down, it was the best hora I've ever experienced. Everyone, both young and old, was dancing their hearts out. We saw and heard the exact performers that we expected. The lead vocalist was amazing, and most of the other musicians sang as well. The music was so beautiful, that both groom and mother were in tears during the parents dance. I highly recommend this band!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016

Bud Maltin Music is absolutely the best wedding band we've ever experienced. Bud's band played at our wedding in September 2015, as well as several of our friends' weddings. I've known Bud for years, and he offered great, honest advice regarding our music choices and band... Read More options, as well as advice on the wedding venue itself and general wedding tips. The band provided live music for the ceremony (acoustic guitar), cocktail hour (piano), and reception (full 8-piece band). The party had non-stop continuous music, interrupted only by speeches. The band also learned several songs just for our wedding. The music was a great variety, too, so the youngest attendees and oldest all had songs they wanted to dance to (i.e,. Rihanna vs. Rolling Stones). The exact band members that Bud said would play/sing at our wedding did play/sing. The lead vocalists were amazing (I can't believe they don't have record deals), and most of the rest of the band sang, as well. They also take some requests during the reception since their repertoire is so big. After our wedding, people consistently commented about how great the band was and how much fun and memorable it made the whole reception. I'd hire them again in a minute and hope I get invited to more weddings where they are the band!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Absolutely best wedding band we could have chosen. Dance floor was crowded all night with crazy great dancing and they played even longer than expected!!!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Diana S

One of the best decisions we made with our wedding planning was booking Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music for our ceremony and reception music. Bud is a true gem and was great to work with - such a professional with a creative spirit. He's really one of a kind. We saw the band about... Read More 1 year before our wedding and worked closely with them to lock in our wedding. Bill was responsive and wonderful to work with on the contracting process. He understood our needs and worked closely with us and our budget, which was so helpful. I am a professional event planner by trade, and I searched high and low for a band that was within our budget and had a stellar reputation. Bud Maltin has just that. The band delivered and truly exceeded our expectations. Everyone was out on the dance floor all night long and had the best time. One of the highlights was when Bud surprised us with a throwback song (Backstreet Boys, I want it that way). I mentioned I grew up in the boy band era and all my old childhood friends would be at the wedding and would love at least 1 old school boy band song. The band learned it and hit the nail on the head! Picture 20+ girls just singing and dancing to BSB live...it really was an amazing moment! The band also played some Australian tunes for our family which was a really nice touch! We can't thank them enough. The ceremony music was beautiful and Bud on the harmonica was just perfect. Lighting on the dance floor...tableside keyboard playing during dinner...it was all wonderful. I'll never forget all the comments during the wedding about our main female vocals - "That woman has pipes!". Oh you bet she does! The entire band played harmoniously together!! Can't say enough great things about this band!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Michelle K

BEST WEDDING BAND EVER!! Bud Maltin Music was absolutely fabulous. Our guests are still talking about them! At our first meeting, Bud treated us with utmost respect and wanted to tailor their performances to our musical tastes and needs. We were married at The Edison... Read More Ballroom in Manhattan and Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music kept the party going all night long for our 200+ guests. They do not take breaks! The Band also provided musical accompaniment for our ceremony and cocktail hour. I (the bride) am a wedding photographer and Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music is by far the best I've seen. Fantastic singers and musicians all around. We splurged for the full 10 piece band and we're so glad we did. The horns were killer! We wish we could throw parties every year so that we could hire them over and over again. We highly recommend hiring Bud Maltin Metropolitan Music for your next event!

Bud Matlin Orchestra Rocked Our Wedding

Reviewed on 12/09/2015

Bud Matlin Orchestra and more specifically Bill Galbo were the highlight of our wedding. If you are looking for a band / DJ hybrid that is professional, aware, on time and versed in all genres and periods of music, then Bud Matlin is a perfect choice. We were extremely... Read More pleased!

Fantastic DJ, Musicians and Experience

Reviewed on 12/08/2015 Michelle A

They are the best! The music at our wedding was one of the most special and fun things about the night, completely due to the professionalism, creativity and skill of the musicians and DJ from Bud Maltin...We opted to have both musicians (keyboard, vocalists, and a guitar)... Read More and a DJ, and the combination produced something unique which our guests loved and which had everyone on the dance floor all night. Bill Galbo (DJ, vocalist and keyboard) was amazing, he worked with us via Skype, listened to us and found great ways to work in everything on our song list (which he also helped us produce, giving us fantastic resources) without sacrificing the tempo of the evening- even song requests that we thought might be tough (too slow, or too obscure, etc). A song that we loved but that wasn't really working for an entrance or first dance? He played it as one of our last dances. Weddings can be hectic and stressful, but of the moments that my husband and I will never forget in the midst of the whirlwind, and the fact that we (along with our guests) really had fun that night, we owe largely to them. I strongly recommend them, as DJs, musicians, or a combination.

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Lauren T

Overall we are very happy with having this band play at our wedding. Our guests are still talking about how amazing they were. People who typically don't dance at weddings were on the dance floor boogying down. They even learned a new song for our first dance. Tim was great to... Read More talk to in preparation before the big day. He had great ideas, like going from the first dance right into P!nk's "Raise Your Glass." It really kicked the party with a ton of excitement. Communication in the beginning was really good. As we got closer to our date, it was a little more difficult to get the full song list. I asked several times for it before it came. They learned a song for our dance which we had choreographed to a recorded song and the tempo was a bit slower, so our dance wasn't what it was supposed to be. What we really didn't love was the suggested tip email sent a few days before the wedding asking for about $1600 tip. On top of the thousands of dollars we spent, we thought it was distasteful to tell us what to tip. That said, the musicians are incredible at what they do. They read the mood of the audience very well and have great talent. I wish communication wasn't as strained toward the end.

Best Wedding Band Ever!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

We recently had our daughters wedding on 11/14/15. One of the preferred bands of our venue 3 West Club, was Bud Maltin Metro Music. Once I heard them last year, I felt no need to look any further in our search for the perfect wedding band! We knew we had made the right decision... Read More after the wedding. Our guests couldn't stop talking about the music! It was continuous for 5 hours and had our guests bearly sitting to eat. All current hits, her song "Photograph" sung beautifully for their first dance! We had 8 musicians who played their instruments flawlessly. The piano at the cocktail hour was a perfect touch. When only the best will do, this band is for you!🎉🎉🎉

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Nicole K

Hands down, one of the greatest bands to ever play at a wedding. My husband and I were SO happy that Bud and the band were available to play at our wedding. They were professional, courteous, and flexible about learning new music a few weeks before our event. They kept... Read More everyone on their feet dancing and I think I danced to every song. Each musician is so talented and the can play any genre of music we wanted. Everyone commented on how fabulous they were and I would recommend them without reservation. Thank you Bud!!!

Amazing Group!

Reviewed on 9/01/2015 Cassie S

Bill and his team were truly wonderful from start to finish! The second my husband and I met with them we felt at total ease. I was debating for awhile between band vs DJ and Bill pretty much told us we can have it all :) They were so flexible with us, and formed for us the... Read More perfect package that worked for the feel we wanted in a budget that was acceptable. We had a great time every time we met for a meeting and email response time was also 100% flawless. Anything we needed we felt that they were there. We got married upstate at Feast at Round Hill and the place is very diverse in where things are going on. Bill and his musicians made sure keep a beautiful flow at our wedding and knew the place very well which kept us confident :). We had a great night and guests told us numerous times how beautiful the music was. A mix of live music during ceremony and dinner time was such a perfect feel, everything turned out to be elegant and fun! Just the way we wanted :) We also got a chancee to snag a beautiful photo with them at the end! Bill also went out of his way to send us a little demo video of things he recorded during our wedding, it was really so nice! Thanks again for everything :)