Bugbee's DJ Plus

We serve clients throughout the Midwest!

Professional Planning. Professional Service.

We sincerely believe every event should be an elegant representation of the clients we serve. Our team brings an experienced and professional approach to your event. Bugbee's offers professional DJ/MC Service, LED Uplighting, Photo Booth Services, Monogram Projection and Media Equipment Rental.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

2304 Winchester Drive, Champaign, IL We serve clients throughout the Midwest! (217) 419-7964

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Brooke P

Planning a wedding isn't easy; regardless of how stress-free you start out, something will always pop up that you realize you never even considered. For us, it was the flow of how the evening would go: when thinking about every wedding we'd ever attended, we realized that we... Read More couldn't really remember in what order anything had occurred and had no idea where to start. Dan Church with Bugbee's DJ Plus was a LIFE SAVER! From our initial online correspondence to our first meeting to the final meet before the wedding to the big day itself, Dan covered literally everything we came up with and the things we didn't even consider. What we most appreciated was that he was there to really guide the entire event along: he was a true master of ceremonies, letting people know what was happening when with engagement and charisma. When you think of a DJ, you probably think of someone who just plays the music for you, but Dan really helped the whole event flow from beginning to end, and he was incredibly patient throughout the entire process of planning (because we genuinely had no idea what we were doing approximately 99% of the time). It's also worth noting that Dan was incredibly involved in getting to know us and what we wanted from him and out of our whole day, and he made sure that who we are as people came out in the music that played over our entire wedding day. If you want something more than someone to just play music and really be involved in your experience, Bugbee's is absolutely the way to go. Thank you so much, Dan!

The Best DJ Team in Central Illinois - HANDS DOWN

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Hailey W

For us, deciding to go with Bugbee's DJ Plus was an easy choice. My sister and her husband worked with them 5 years prior for their own wedding reception. When my husband and I were researching bands versus DJs for our own wedding reception, we quickly agreed that Bugbee's was... Read More the best company to select, by leaps and bounds. We were familiar with the company and their level of professionalism and great rapport with their clients, as not only has family selected them for previous weddings but many of our Champaign friends have used their services as well. It really says a great deal at a wedding reception when everyone is out of their seats and on the dance floor - that is how it was all night long! Dan C., our DJ, did an amazing job of coinciding our own suggested playlist with those of his choice, that matched the overall "feel" of the night and the mood of our guests. We could not have envisioned a more perfect wedding reception and were so grateful to work so fluidly with Dan C. Our guests kept saying how much they loved all the music, were having a blast the whole time - we even had our crowd that was still partying and dancing at the last song chanting "One more song! One more song!" Dan was such a great sport and played another GREAT (second) last song. Such a fun, final wedding reception my husband and our families share because of Dan! We would highly, highly recommend Bugbee's time and time again to those who are looking for an outstanding company to work with! Thanks again, Bugbee's & Dan!!

A flawless wedding reception reception courtesy of an AMAZING DJ

Reviewed on 6/19/2014

My wife and I had our dream wedding reception and Greg Bugbee and Bugbee's DJ Plus were one of the main reasons why. We cannot recommend them highly enough. They were AMAZING. First off, Greg is INCREDIBLY responsive and timely with emails, phone calls and all... Read More communications. Greg's rates were among the best and most competitive in the area. And Greg is just a kind, friendly and fun guy to be around. We were just so impressed by Greg's professionalism, reliability, vast experience and commitment to detail. Greg was not only our DJ and Emcee but helped us think through and plan our entire reception to make sure the event would go smoothly and cater to the different types of people we'd have at our wedding, dancers vs non-dancers, drinkers vs non-drinkers, old vs young, etc. In our first meeting, he came incredibly prepared and has done SO many different types of events that he was able to answer every question and help us think through a lot of the complexities of executing a wedding reception. I remember turning to my then-fiance about 15 minutes into our meeting and telling her, "this guy is AMAZING." And throughout the whole planning process, it was clear to us that Greg's priority was making sure that every single guest had a great time at our wedding reception. And that was exactly what happened. Greg somehow managed to appeal to every demographic at our reception: our elderly relatives from Asia, the young clubbing-types, the more conservative non-drinkers/non-dancers, kids and everyone in between. Throughout the weeks after our reception we kept hearing variations of this: "Who was that DJ guy? He was amazing!!" Many of our friends and family said it was the most fun they've had at a wedding reception. So in conclusion, we are so happy to write this review because we hope that many engaged couples will have a chance to work with Greg and his amazing team. We seriously cannot recommend them more highly and if you don't believe us, just meet with them once and we are pretty sure you will be convinced. Andy Kim

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Megan L

Bugbee's did a wonderful job at our wedding. They were thorough in their questions and provided exactly what we requested. Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Becky S

We had our wedding this month and Dan did an AMAZING job!! We were supposed to have an outside ceremony but since it was storming all day plans had to be changed. He did an amazing job of being on top of everything! He even got certain songs that we requested before and during... Read More the wedding. The price was also very reasonable. We didn't want to be spending a fortune on our wedding. I also have gotten several comments from friends/family on how good of a job Dan did!! We wanted everyone to have fun at our wedding and it was a success! I would DEFINITELY recommend him to anyone!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Jessica F

100% WOULD pick these guys in an INSTANT! We celebrated our wedding just last weekend and we had Roger as our DJ. He was AWESOME! He played all the songs we asked and when we were unsure of what song to use during parts of the day he was great at giving us song choices! We had... Read More the joy of getting to know both him and his wife Lindsay who ran the photobooth, she as well was AMAZING! The photobooth is totally worth getting on top of a kick butt DJ! You get to have a copy of all the photo strips put into a scrapbook (which Lindsay handles cutting and sticking and makes it look nice!), the awesome thing about that is that she gives space for people to leave a nice note to you after they leave the photobooth. It was a really awesome addition and we ended up with more people using that than our actual guest book (which I secretly now love more than our guest book. haha.) All in all Bugbee's DJ Plus is truly AMAZING. Everything went SO smooth, Roger showed up for Rehearsal to make sure all acoustics worked well with our Barn venue and that everything ran smooth. He was the first one to refill our glasses and take care of our plates at the table. At one point my dad said "Geesh you really do take care of everything on the day of don't you" and Rogers reply was "that's the 'Plus' part of the business, I don't want to see Mom or Dad doing anything." I would recommend this duo and the company to ANYONE! My brother and his fiance are getting married in June 2018 and while at our wedding they decided to forget about the two companies they were debating between and actually BOOKED Bugbee's for next June. We CAN'T WAIT to see Roger and Lindsay again, YOU. TWO. ROCK!!! (literally ;) ) THANKS Bugbee's!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Matthew H

Dan nailed it with the music and MC at our wedding. The whole experience had such a personal feel to it. He contacted us months in advance to meet us and get to know our personalities and tastes. With that, he asked for our input constantly and ensured that music we wanted was... Read More played throughout the celebration. He was involved with the other vendors throughout the night as well to make sure that everything went off without a hiccup. Bugbee's and Dan will now come highly recommended from my wife and me. The pricing is very reasonable for the services provided and the personal feel the night had. The dance floor was never empty and we celebrated well into the evening. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Brittany D

The moment my husband and I met Dan from Bugbee's DJ Plus we knew we hit jack pot. They are the best to work with and for anything in the future we will be contacting them. Dan was always professional. He corresponded to our emails and then eventually text messages within a... Read More responsible response time. He thought of things and even gave recommendations such as all navy blue lighting that gave the room a special touch. The photobooth was awesome! Alexis was a hit as well! She prompted people and encouraged people to use props with the photobooth. The room in the booth was spacious. Enough for 6 adults! I can go on and on about their services but I think you all get my point. Hands down a great overall experience. Thank you Bugbee's and Dj Dan for making our day and the planning special and easy.

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Mike B

We recently hired Bugbee's DJ Plus for our daughters wedding and we were so impressed with the level of personal and professional service we felt the need to comment here. DJ Roger met with the kids months before their wedding day and came prepared with an easy to follow... Read More ceremony outline to assist with planning. On the day of rehearsal DJ Roger had his music and photo booth all set up and was efficient, fun and confident in getting everyone in the bridal party organized for the big day. The Wedding was perfect in every way and everyone enjoyed a fun filled evening of dancing with the perfect mix of music. The photo booth, run by DJ Rogers wife Lindsay was a huge hit as well. She kept things running smooth and provided the guests with a film strip of their fun photos along with a scrap book for the kids containing photos that the guest could write a personal message, very cool! Roger and Lindsay went above and beyond with other details involved in the ceremony and reception, all we can say is "Wow and thank you"!! Looking forward to a spring 2018 wedding for our son and hopeful that DJ Roger and Lindsay will be available.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Lauren B

Dan (DJ) and Miranda(photo booth) Church worked our wedding and I cannot tell you how many compliments we had on how well they did. Dan was such a great DJ and made the night transition so smoothly! And Miranda was such a sweetheart and had such a great time doing the photo... Read More booth! Bugbee's DJ Plus is definitely the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Meredith H

Greg is honestly absolutely amazing. My fiancé and I AND our guests are still talking about how great he was (we got married in July). Greg kept the whole night going and made it effortless for us. He had everyone dancing the whole night long- the dance floor was constantly full... Read More from Start to finish of our reception! Hiring Bugbees was honestly one of the best decision we made for our wedding. I cannot recommend them enough!!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Frank K

When we got engaged I knew exactly who I wanted to DJ our wedding. I got to know the family behind Bugbee's and Dan was the obvious choice. I knew our musical tastes were similar and after our first meeting we were on the same page about how wedding music should go. He played... Read More everything we wanted and kept people on the dance floor. Most importantly he coordinated well with all of our other vendors. The best was when we noticed our awkward transition from cake cutting to first dance and got our venue into action. He made a special cut of a song for the Mother/Son dance and coordinated with my Dad to make our Father/Daughter dance song a surprise. He notified my husband when the last couple songs were going to be played to make sure they were the exact ones we wanted to end our night on. Everyone was having so much fun we literally had to kick them off the dance floor. I can't say enough amazing things about Dan and the entire Bugbee's team!

2017-09-01T16:07:32 Response from the vendor

It was such an honor and privilege to be part of you and Frank's special day! Thank you for the kind words. The Bugbee's Team is so glad your day was all you were hoping it would be!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Corey L

Roger Young, Our DJ, was absolutely incredible. He was kind, collected, and very easy to get in contact with. He responded to emails quickly, and had a lot of great ideas that we would never have thought of. He was able to answer all our questions! The day of our wedding, he was... Read More phenomenal. He was organized, made sure we had all our needs met, and all of our guests loved him. He made the reception a real party that everyone enjoyed! I highly recommend that anyone needing a DJ goes to Bugbee's DJ Plus. Not only are the DJ services affordable, but you'll get the best DJ service around and you'll have a party that everyone will Ben talking about for years to come.

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Stephanie P

We are so pleased that we went with Bugbee's DJ Plus for our wedding on 6/24/17! Greg was absolutely wonderful to work with! He immediately put us at ease as soon as we started talking to him about the reception. He took the extra time to create the perfect uplighting color for... Read More us as well! He was an integral part of our wedding and kept our guests on the dance floor all night long! We can't say enough great things about Bugbee's DJ Plus and we would definitely recommend them!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Nick G

We are very happy we chose Bugbee to DJ our wedding. Roger did a great job with the DJ responsibilities, and also was very valuable serving as host/MC when necessary throughout the night. Greg and Roger's preparation leading up to the wedding was well executed and the entire... Read More process was very professional. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Ali R

We had the pleasure of working with Bugbee's DJ Plus for our wedding on 7/1/17, and Roger went above and beyond to ensure our reception was everything we ever could have dreamed of! From the start, communication was great, there was never an email left unanswered. We had a... Read More specific idea of what we wanted played and when during our wedding, and Roger was very accommodating with our wishes and did a wonderful job, keeping the dance floor packed at all times! Not only very friendly but professional as well- we felt at ease with Roger coordinating our day. We highly recommend Bugbee's DJ Plus! Thanks again, Ali and Rob Bengel

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Javed H

They are, without a doubt, the best DJs in the area. Cassie did an amazing job with our wedding. The uplighting looked great, the music was everything we wanted it to be. If we had more to spend, we would've also gotten the photo booth. Just an amazing experience.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Inspired Events b

LOVED! Greg was so easy to work with!! We kept in touch throughout the night to ensure that things were on time. As a wedding coordinator, it is very important to develop a great working relationship with you DJ, and I feel that we did just that! I so look forward to working... Read More with Greg on future weddings and/or events!!! He's so great at what he does!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Zachary B

I cannot recommend Greg and his team highly enough. My wife and I love music and dancing so we knew we wanted a huge dance party at our reception. As a professional musician myself I had very high expectations while interviewing potential DJ's. After just a few minutes of... Read More conversation, though, we knew we wanted to partner with Greg. I think he DJ's so well because he is personally passionate about music. While planning our reception, he helped us craft a "musical vision" for the whole evening and then he executed it PERFECTLY. Honestly, our dance party was a blast and we have to give Greg most of the credit for it. He kept the party going all night. Thank you, Greg!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Monica B

Planning a wedding is hard enough, but to us, one of the most important parts was the music. Dan had a great list of music for us to look through so that we could pick our favorites, and remove the ones we hate! He was easy to work with, responsive and listened to us! Dan worked... Read More the crowd the night of the wedding- we needed to appease the older crowd earlier, then bring in the new hits. The feedback I've gotten from my wedding guests was that it was so much fun, and everyone was on the dance floor. I'd say 90% of the people there! No joke! Overall, would highly recommend Dan and Bugbee's DJ.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Rachel

We were absolutely thrilled with how they helped make the evening run so smoothly and kept our hit list playing. We really appreciated being an active part in our song choices for the evening and that it was followed. Would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 David B

If we could give SIX stars that is what I would give Greg and Bugbee’s DJ Plus. Greg was the DJ and de facto emcee for my daughter’s wedding over Memorial Day weekend. He was FABULOUS!! Everything you could want in a DJ – professional, prepared and fun! He spent time with my... Read More daughter and her fiancée beforehand to get a feel for the kind of music they liked and for how the reception would flow. He consulted with my wife and me to be sure we were comfortable with the set up. In every aspect, he exceeded our expectations. I can’t recommend Greg and his company any more highly.

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Charlotte F

Bugbee's DJ Plus went above and beyond for our wedding day. From the beginning meeting with us when needed to the very end Dan was nothing but helpful and professional. Highly recommend!

2017-03-31T09:44:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. Your special day was so much fun to be a part of!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Travis F

Bugbee's DJ did a fantastic job with everything we asked them to do from beginning to end on my wedding day. Dan ensured us from the start that he would have everything taken care of as long as we took care of the details and he lived up to his word. I would highly recommend... Read More using Bugbee's DJ Plus if you get the opportunity.

2017-03-31T09:42:20 Response from the vendor

We were honored to be part of your special day. Your celebration was a truly joyful one. You had such a fun reception from start to finish! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kelsie S

We used Bugbee's DJ Plus for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! Dan was our DJ and he was FANTASTIC. He knew exactly what songs to play to keep the ebb and flow of the dance floor going, and he was very respectful of our wishes. Everyone... Read More commented on what a great DJ we had, and they were right! We also used their photobooth service which just added another great layer to our wedding day. People had so much fun using it during the reception, and we had a lot of fun going through the memory book at the end of the night. We are so happy with our experience with Dan, and we would recommend Bugbee's to anyone getting married. Amazing service!

2017-03-31T09:22:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kelsie and Jake! We were honored to be part of your special day. The ceremony and reception at Allerton Park were beautiful. You were truly a joy to serve!