Bugbee's DJ Plus

We serve clients throughout the Midwest!

Professional Planning. Professional Service.

We sincerely believe every event should be an elegant representation of the clients we serve. Our team brings an experienced and professional approach to your event. Bugbee's offers professional DJ/MC Service, LED Uplighting, Photo Booth Services, Monogram Projection and Media Equipment Rental.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Caribbean, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

1409 North Neil Street, Champaign, IL We serve clients throughout the Midwest! (217) 419-7964

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Brooke P

Planning a wedding isn't easy; regardless of how stress-free you start out, something will always pop up that you realize you never even considered. For us, it was the flow of how the evening would go: when thinking about every wedding we'd ever attended, we realized that we... Read More couldn't really remember in what order anything had occurred and had no idea where to start. Dan Church with Bugbee's DJ Plus was a LIFE SAVER! From our initial online correspondence to our first meeting to the final meet before the wedding to the big day itself, Dan covered literally everything we came up with and the things we didn't even consider. What we most appreciated was that he was there to really guide the entire event along: he was a true master of ceremonies, letting people know what was happening when with engagement and charisma. When you think of a DJ, you probably think of someone who just plays the music for you, but Dan really helped the whole event flow from beginning to end, and he was incredibly patient throughout the entire process of planning (because we genuinely had no idea what we were doing approximately 99% of the time). It's also worth noting that Dan was incredibly involved in getting to know us and what we wanted from him and out of our whole day, and he made sure that who we are as people came out in the music that played over our entire wedding day. If you want something more than someone to just play music and really be involved in your experience, Bugbee's is absolutely the way to go. Thank you so much, Dan!

The Best DJ Team in Central Illinois - HANDS DOWN

Reviewed on 10/23/2014 Hailey W

For us, deciding to go with Bugbee's DJ Plus was an easy choice. My sister and her husband worked with them 5 years prior for their own wedding reception. When my husband and I were researching bands versus DJs for our own wedding reception, we quickly agreed that Bugbee's was... Read More the best company to select, by leaps and bounds. We were familiar with the company and their level of professionalism and great rapport with their clients, as not only has family selected them for previous weddings but many of our Champaign friends have used their services as well. It really says a great deal at a wedding reception when everyone is out of their seats and on the dance floor - that is how it was all night long! Dan C., our DJ, did an amazing job of coinciding our own suggested playlist with those of his choice, that matched the overall "feel" of the night and the mood of our guests. We could not have envisioned a more perfect wedding reception and were so grateful to work so fluidly with Dan C. Our guests kept saying how much they loved all the music, were having a blast the whole time - we even had our crowd that was still partying and dancing at the last song chanting "One more song! One more song!" Dan was such a great sport and played another GREAT (second) last song. Such a fun, final wedding reception my husband and our families share because of Dan! We would highly, highly recommend Bugbee's time and time again to those who are looking for an outstanding company to work with! Thanks again, Bugbee's & Dan!!

A flawless wedding reception reception courtesy of an AMAZING DJ

Reviewed on 6/19/2014

My wife and I had our dream wedding reception and Greg Bugbee and Bugbee's DJ Plus were one of the main reasons why. We cannot recommend them highly enough. They were AMAZING. First off, Greg is INCREDIBLY responsive and timely with emails, phone calls and all... Read More communications. Greg's rates were among the best and most competitive in the area. And Greg is just a kind, friendly and fun guy to be around. We were just so impressed by Greg's professionalism, reliability, vast experience and commitment to detail. Greg was not only our DJ and Emcee but helped us think through and plan our entire reception to make sure the event would go smoothly and cater to the different types of people we'd have at our wedding, dancers vs non-dancers, drinkers vs non-drinkers, old vs young, etc. In our first meeting, he came incredibly prepared and has done SO many different types of events that he was able to answer every question and help us think through a lot of the complexities of executing a wedding reception. I remember turning to my then-fiance about 15 minutes into our meeting and telling her, "this guy is AMAZING." And throughout the whole planning process, it was clear to us that Greg's priority was making sure that every single guest had a great time at our wedding reception. And that was exactly what happened. Greg somehow managed to appeal to every demographic at our reception: our elderly relatives from Asia, the young clubbing-types, the more conservative non-drinkers/non-dancers, kids and everyone in between. Throughout the weeks after our reception we kept hearing variations of this: "Who was that DJ guy? He was amazing!!" Many of our friends and family said it was the most fun they've had at a wedding reception. So in conclusion, we are so happy to write this review because we hope that many engaged couples will have a chance to work with Greg and his amazing team. We seriously cannot recommend them more highly and if you don't believe us, just meet with them once and we are pretty sure you will be convinced. Andy Kim

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Inspired Events b

LOVED! Greg was so easy to work with!! We kept in touch throughout the night to ensure that things were on time. As a wedding coordinator, it is very important to develop a great working relationship with you DJ, and I feel that we did just that! I so look forward to working... Read More with Greg on future weddings and/or events!!! He's so great at what he does!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Zachary B

I cannot recommend Greg and his team highly enough. My wife and I love music and dancing so we knew we wanted a huge dance party at our reception. As a professional musician myself I had very high expectations while interviewing potential DJ's. After just a few minutes of... Read More conversation, though, we knew we wanted to partner with Greg. I think he DJ's so well because he is personally passionate about music. While planning our reception, he helped us craft a "musical vision" for the whole evening and then he executed it PERFECTLY. Honestly, our dance party was a blast and we have to give Greg most of the credit for it. He kept the party going all night. Thank you, Greg!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Monica B

Planning a wedding is hard enough, but to us, one of the most important parts was the music. Dan had a great list of music for us to look through so that we could pick our favorites, and remove the ones we hate! He was easy to work with, responsive and listened to us! Dan worked... Read More the crowd the night of the wedding- we needed to appease the older crowd earlier, then bring in the new hits. The feedback I've gotten from my wedding guests was that it was so much fun, and everyone was on the dance floor. I'd say 90% of the people there! No joke! Overall, would highly recommend Dan and Bugbee's DJ.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Rachel

We were absolutely thrilled with how they helped make the evening run so smoothly and kept our hit list playing. We really appreciated being an active part in our song choices for the evening and that it was followed. Would choose them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 David B

If we could give SIX stars that is what I would give Greg and Bugbee’s DJ Plus. Greg was the DJ and de facto emcee for my daughter’s wedding over Memorial Day weekend. He was FABULOUS!! Everything you could want in a DJ – professional, prepared and fun! He spent time with my... Read More daughter and her fiancée beforehand to get a feel for the kind of music they liked and for how the reception would flow. He consulted with my wife and me to be sure we were comfortable with the set up. In every aspect, he exceeded our expectations. I can’t recommend Greg and his company any more highly.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 David B

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Charlotte F

Bugbee's DJ Plus went above and beyond for our wedding day. From the beginning meeting with us when needed to the very end Dan was nothing but helpful and professional. Highly recommend!

2017-03-31T09:44:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words. Your special day was so much fun to be a part of!

Reviewed on 3/30/2017 Travis F

Bugbee's DJ did a fantastic job with everything we asked them to do from beginning to end on my wedding day. Dan ensured us from the start that he would have everything taken care of as long as we took care of the details and he lived up to his word. I would highly recommend... Read More using Bugbee's DJ Plus if you get the opportunity.

2017-03-31T09:42:20 Response from the vendor

We were honored to be part of your special day. Your celebration was a truly joyful one. You had such a fun reception from start to finish! Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 3/06/2017 Kelsie S

We used Bugbee's DJ Plus for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we could have made! Dan was our DJ and he was FANTASTIC. He knew exactly what songs to play to keep the ebb and flow of the dance floor going, and he was very respectful of our wishes. Everyone... Read More commented on what a great DJ we had, and they were right! We also used their photobooth service which just added another great layer to our wedding day. People had so much fun using it during the reception, and we had a lot of fun going through the memory book at the end of the night. We are so happy with our experience with Dan, and we would recommend Bugbee's to anyone getting married. Amazing service!

2017-03-31T09:22:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you Kelsie and Jake! We were honored to be part of your special day. The ceremony and reception at Allerton Park were beautiful. You were truly a joy to serve!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Whitney Y

To us, the DJ was one of the most important parts of the wedding planning process and wedding and reception. We wanted someone who we were confident in and trusted to be our DJ for the ceremony and reception. Dan was just that person! After we met with Dan to start planning how... Read More we wanted our ceremony and reception to feel, we felt so relieved and confident that we picked the best and most professional DJ. He was so helpful in helping us select music from the ceremony music to cake cutting music all the way to the last song and responded back to any questions quickly. Dan was also helpful in selecting up lighting and making sure placement and color was how we envisioned. The day of, both Dan and Cody were very attentive to what was happening and and transitioned the ceremony and reception smoothly! We are so thankful for all their hard work on our special day and would highly recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Briana L

I could not have been happier with choosing Bugbee DJ! Such a pleasure to plan with and they devote themselves to making your day go as smoothly as possible, definitely blessed on having them be such a big part of our special day!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Kari T

I am so impressed with Bugbee's! I recently booked Bugbee's for a nonprofit fundraiser held in November. Not only were they professional and prompt to respond via email, they did an amazing job of interacting with the crowd and getting everyone out on the dance floor! For the... Read More event, they provided DJ, uplighting, & photobooth services. Everyone said how much fun the photobooth and props were and the uplighting was fantastic. Cannot recommend them enough- I wouldn't hesitate to book them for any event!

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Tari E

We decided to go with Bugbee's DJ Plus after the recommendation from a family friend who had used them for two weddings already. They were the best price we could find for what we needed. Upon our first meeting, Roger, our DJ, was very professional, excited about his job, and... Read More listened to exactly what we wanted. He was quick to respond to all emails and always willing to answer questions. On the day of the wedding, Roger was at our venue early to set up and meet with the other vendors to make sure timelines matched up, etc. During our reception, Roger did an incredible job with the music and kept people on the dance floor. There was never a moment without people dancing--which is exactly what we wanted! We highly recommend Bugbee's DJ Plus and specifically Roger to anyone wanting a fantastic DJ!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Erin D

We had the pleasure of working with Roger from Bugbee's and he was fantastic. We planned our Michigan wedding all the way from Virginia so working with vendors was strictly by phone or email. Roger took time out of his schedule to skype with my husband and I for over an hour... Read More and a half to make sure we got all the desired details. My husband is in the military (as was Roger) and Roger made it a point to thank him for his services every chance he got. This may seem silly to some but for us, it was really a compliment to his great character. He was fun, direct, and the crowd loved him. Although some of the songs I added to our play list for him to play came on twice almost back to back and some of the songs were not really in a cohesive order everyone was still on the dance floor for most of the night. We ran over the schedule for photos but Roger kept us on track for the rest of the evening. I do wish there was more communication between the dj and the photographer because we missed some great shots due to lack of communication before trying to get back on schedule for the games and dances. All and all Roger helped make our wedding unforgettable and we thank him so much!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Taylor N

Hiring Bugbee's Plus DJ was one of the BEST decisions I made for my wedding. Initially, I was incredibly nervous about hiring a DJ. I read scary reviews of other DJ companies online and how they ruined the reception. I was so relieved when I found Bugbee's and felt even better... Read More when I met with Greg and Dan. They are extremely friendly and professional. Dan Church and Cody Frailey were so fun to have as DJs and got everyone up on their feet dancing the whole time. I highly, highly recommend having them at your wedding.

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Jessica H

I can not say enough wonderful things about Greg and his amazing business!!! He is incredibly professional (I mean he brought an array of ties to match our wedding theme) and really wanted to capture who we were as a couple. He took the time to meet up with us before the wedding... Read More to get to know us better and the kind of music and style we wanted. He didn't even flinch when we let him know that I wanted to walk down the aisle to Concerning Hobbits from Lord of the Rings. He made our day beautiful and completely 100% us. If you are thinking about hiring a wedding planner for the day of, save your money and hire Greg. He had everything planned out and kept all of the stress off of us, he replaced champagne in the Bridal Party glasses for the toast and handled the caterers. He kept the night moving and running smoothly and got everyone on the dance floor! The snowball dance was amazing and I am so glad he recommended it. Greg and Bugbee's DJ Plus service was the BEST decision that we made for our wedding and would strongly recommend them to anyone who is in need of a DJ service.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Neil G

Bugbee's DJ Plus was very responsive to all of our inquiries and questions. They were super professional and the reception went off without a hitch. I'd recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Barb N

By chance we used Bugbee's DJ Plus in July 2011 for our oldest daughter's wedding and we were so impressed with Greg Bugbee's DJing service. He made the reception very fun and we had so many positive comments from both young and old. That time I sent so many emails pre-wedding... Read More and he answered every one quickly. August 2016 our youngest daughter was married 2 1/2 hours North of Champaign, IL. On a whim I sent Greg an email to see if they would go that far. Like in 2011, he answered my email the same day and I was happy to hear Bugbee's DJ Plus would travel that far (for no additional travel fee ... amazing!!!). Again Greg made the reception a very fun event. Even the owners of the venue commented they have never seen so many people on their dance floor at once. The quality of service we received from Bugbee's was worth far more than the amount we paid. Both of my daughters lived out of state for their weddings and Greg worked with them with their limited availability for their pre-wedding meetings and song selections. I only have 100% positive comments about this company and their service. A++++++

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Elise B

Dan was our DJ and he was amazing! He wasn't obnoxious and played what we wanted! Thumbs up to him!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Sarah W

We first contacted Bugbee's DJ after our first DJ back out on us. We contacted them with a little over three months left till the big day. Let me just say that we were more than a little stressed. We met with Roger. He was so wonderful and put us at ease right away. He came... Read More prepared with lists of what he would need from us and suggestions for the big day. We were more than just a little clueless when it came to music for the reception. He let us know all that Bugbee's had to offer in terms of music, lighting, and what we could expect as him as our DJ. From that moment on we were sold. Rodger put us completely at ease. He gave us a list of what he needed from us and when he would need it by. It was great! Roger reached out to us a few times before the wedding, to check in on how we were and if there was anything we needed until the big day. We had our venue space the day before our Wedding, so Roger came and set up all his equipment, so that there would be little to worry about the following day. He also double checked all of the information with my husband and me to make sure he had all the names right and music right. When the big day came and the reception was in full swing, we did not have to worry about a thing. Roger kept the party going and people on the dance floor. There was never a lull or dull moment. And everyone raved about the music and his service. On top of Roger keeping the party going the whole night, he went above and beyond making sure everything was perfect for us. He kept us informed of when we had to be where, he cut the remaining cake and served it to the bridal party and our parents, he also made sure all our glasses at the head table were full for the toasts. He was so wonderful. I have been going on an on...so I will leave my review with this: I would give Bugbee's DJ's a 10/10. If you are thinking about using them, do. They were just a smidge more then we had budgeted, but they were worth every penny. And if you can get Roger as your DJ, do that too!! He was great!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Shelley M

When first contacting Greg from Bugbee's DJ Plus (the owner and negotiator), he was very responsive and offered to meet with us in person. He was very accommodating to our time constraints and met us at a place which was near our home. Greg was very enthusiastic and made us feel... Read More like we were going to be taken care of on our wedding day. He seemed very organized and professional. After the meeting, he responded to emails very quickly. If he was unable to respond quickly, he had one of his associates contact me. When planning a Wedding, I feel as if it is important to have timely communication with vendors. As far as the price goes, Bugbees seems reasonable considering the experience and professionalism you are getting. They also have an option of including a high quality photobooth with props and if you do both at the wedding, there is a bundling price. Unfortunately, we did not look at competitors' prices, so I am unable to comment for sure on whether the price was reasonable for DJ services and photobooth services together. However, considering you have someone helping you plan the entire reception and the convenience of dealing with one vendor for two services, it seemed reasonable to me. The actual DJ on our Wedding day was Roger. He reached out a couple months before the big day and offered to meet me at Panera by my work during my lunch hour, so it was convenient for me. He also paid for my coffee, which was a very nice gesture. Roger is an extremely friendly and personable guy. This is someone you want to have running your wedding. Roger was also very organized and had great suggestions for songs. He let me pick the entire playlist for the general dancing at the reception and made sure every song was played at the Wedding. Roger was also very responsive to every email after our meeting. He also has a great memory and did not confuse the details from my wedding with another wedding. I do not like it when vendors do this and make you feel unimportant. He made us feel special as if we were the only wedding he was DJing for that Summer. Roger was great on the actual day, despite having just had surgery, though you could not tell. He pronounced everyone's names right in the Wedding party and the night was great! I would definitely recommend this DJ service to others.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

Bugbee's DJ Plus did a fantastic job at our wedding! They were so nice and professional at our event. It was super easy to get in touch with Greg about pricing and booking them for our wedding. Roger did a fabulous job with our guests! They loved him, he was so helpful... Read More especially when the younger kids were in there taking photos. I would definitely recommend them!