Burge Plantation

Mansfield, GA

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Burge Plantation

A BALLROOM IN MANSFIELD, GA

Burge Plantation in Mansfield, Georgia, is a beautiful site full of history, charm and romance. A private hunting preserve, the Burge Plantation has been owned by the same family since before the Civil War. With stunning lawns, formal garden and stately oak trees, the scenery at Burge Plantation can be traditional and formal or trendy and whimsical. The beauty of the surroundings is only second to that of the bride herself.

Rental of the Burge Plantation for the wedding ceremony and reception gives the couple exclusive use of the Main House, Conservatory and the grounds.

Main House Steps. The most sought after spot for the ceremony at Burge Plantation is on the stately front steps of The main house. There are also several lovely options in the front yard or in the formal garden and croquet lawn. Two additional pavilions are also available.

Conservatory. The Conservatory has a covered terrace and is an elegant choice for the wedding reception. Both the Conservatory and the terrace can be heated or cooled.

Experienced wedding coordinators at the Burge Plantation will assist the couple every step of the way. The professional and friendly staff often go above and beyond to attend to the details, large and small alike. The coordinators have several packages that can be customized to please the couple. The main focus of the coordinator is to attend to the wishes of the couple and it is a task that is taken very seriously.

Packages for wedding ceremonies and receptions at Burge Plantation include one hour of rehearsal time. All chairs, tables, china and flatware and linens are included in the package. Facility set up and clean up is also a part of the package. Parking attendants, servers and bartenders, cake cutting service and security provided by an off duty police officer is also a part of every package. Security is required if alcohol is to be served.

If alcohol is to be served, the client must provide the alcohol. Licensed bartenders will be provided through Burge Plantation. Bar service may last for five hours. Non alcoholic beverages will be provided by Burge Plantation. Staff will be available to pass champagne for toasting, but the client must provide the champagne. No alcoholic beverages of any kind will be served to anyone under legal drinking age.

The culinary staff at Burge Plantation will provide all of the food services for the wedding reception. The culinary staff and event coordinator will work with the couple to customize the menu that is pleasing to the couple. Dinners can be either plated or buffet and can have a choice of entrees. The culinary staff hosts tastings twice a year, no private tastings are done. No outside caterers are allowed.

In addition to the regular package items, the Burge Plantation offers many other items for use at an additional fee. Some of those items are:

• Shepherd Hooks
  • Mirrors
  • Floating candles and bowls
  • Wooden arbor
  • Wooden cross
  • Burlap table overlays and runners

The staff at the Burge Plantation knows that the most important thing about the wedding day is making wonderful memories with family and friends. As part of the celebration Burge Plantation includes:

• Two complimentary cottages for overnight use
  • A hayride tour of the property

Burge Plantation

Burge is an historic site with the traditional charm and romance of its rich past, yet modern in its facilities and services for weddings and receptions. Please visit for a private tour and discussion of your wedding plans. You will fall in love with Burge!

Ballroom, Barn, Historic Venue

44 Jeff Cook Rd, Mansfield, GA (678) 414-5940

Picture Perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 10/25/2013 Whitney M

My wedding at Burge Plantation on July 14, 2013 was picture perfect! The entire wedding planning process could not have been more stress-free or gone any more smoothly thanks to Dawn at Burge. She was incredibly helpful and flexible, making sure my day was everything I wanted it... Read More to be, going above and beyond to plan and make sure things ran smoothly the day of. The venue is beautiful, with all the country charm and character of an old southern plantation. We have received a lot of positive feedback from guests at our wedding, mostly about how AMAZING the food was!! The chef at Burge did an extraordinary job of catering the menu to fit our taste and budget, and with the farm-to-table approach he uses with all the ingredients, everything was extremely fresh, flavorful, and delicious! Everyone said it was by far the best wedding food they have ever tasted. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't consider having my wedding anywhere but Burge Plantation!!!

Southern Elegance at Its Magical Best

Reviewed on 12/30/2013

We held our daughter's rehearsal dinner (100+ people), the wedding and a reception for 250+ guests at Burge Plantation. I am not quite sure where to begin other than to say that it exceeded our wildest expectations and the many complements and accolades that we have received... Read More from the guests who attended has been overwhelming. Just to quote a few (of the many): " Yours was as special as any wedding that we have ever attended....the food was divine....your wedding was perfect in every way....Burge was magical...the most memorable wedding that I have ever attended in my life...a perfect venue ...stunning ... incredible ....gorgeous ... amazing ... over-the-top ..." I could go on and on, but needless to say we are very proud parents and very appreciative of the job that Dawn Leonetti, Chef Andrew and the incredible staff at Burge did. Our daughter's wedding was truly wonderful in every sense of the word. Choosing the appropriate venue is a daunting, if not intimidating task, and a destination wedding where you have both the ceremony and the reception only serves to increase the anxiety, but I can tell you this 1) it is worth the effort, 2) the Burge staff does an incredible job of providing guidance and support and 3) the rewards are great. Burge truly is a unique setting that makes for a magical event. And aside from the physical setting itself I would argue that its most attractive feature is the combined skills of Chef Andrew, Dawn Leonetti and their incredibly friendly and ingratiating staff. Dawn has to be one of the most talented, resourceful, cool, calm, collected and competent wedding planners that you can find - she is, to borrow some of our guests comments: AWESOME !! And she will hold your hand and guide you through every step of the way. Chef Andrew is the real deal, a five star chef who had our guests raving about the food - we have literally had guests call us to tell us that it was the best wedding reception meal that they have ever had anywhere in their lives. You get to work directly with him to tailor your menu, he uses nothing but the freshest organic farm-to-table ingredients and everything from the beef tenderloin to the poached salmon and bacon wrapped quail was incredible. He even worked with us to create a signature cocktail whose recipe we obtained from a Charleston restaurant. And finally the staff. There are a lot of wedding venues that you can choose from - hotels, banquet facilities, clubs and the like - but I have never been to any wedding anywhere, where the staff was as friendly, as welcoming and seemed to be genuinely enjoying themselves and taking pleasure in making it a wonderful experience as those at Burge. So many times you go to parties, weddings and events where the catering staff (even with some of Atlanta's top caterers and facilities) seem to be just going through the motions, their demeanor that of someone who is just punching the clock. Not so at Burge. The staff was all smiles and made you feel that they were welcoming you into their house. They genuinely wanted you to have a great time and were thrilled to be a part of it. In short, I cannot say enough about what a wonderful venue Burge is for a wedding. I can say with confidence that you will be rewarded with a magical and memorable experience.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Rebecca P

After almost giving up hope on finding an all around affordable yet quality venue, my fiancé and I stumbled upon Burge Plantation. We reached out for information and immediately knew we had found THE place. The pricing is what we first noticed about Burge and how it was... Read More something that we could afford and still be able to have a honeymoon too. Then we met with Dawn who quickly was able to answer any questions we had as well as being very flexible in being able to meet and discuss your dream wedding. The responses we received even a year out in our planning process made us feel like our event was the only event for the next twelve months. We were always included in each tasting and even went twice because it was that amazing. At the tastings you not only get to gain confidence in the chef but the service you will receive as well. When storms this year knocked down a tree Burge was quick to clean up and the grounds were always well maintained. There are also so many places to take pictures. Dawn made sure to ask every question so I didn’t even have to worry about forgetting anything. In our trips up to the venue in the weeks before every staff member was friendly and willing to help and even let you know that they are looking forward to your big day just like they were a guest. Dawn handeled the rehearsal and managed all of our different family members effortlessly. On the day of she made sure to keep us in the loop, send pictures, and ask questions. She knew what we wanted and made it even better than we could have ever imagined. Dawn and her team are unbelievable. They were all smiling and helpful. The food was the best wedding food all of our guests have ever had. Chef Andrew helped customize a menu that fit us as a couple and everyone is still talking about it. Burge isn’t a their way or no way place. They customize and create the wedding of your dreams and my husband and I can’t thank Dawn, Chef Andrew, and the amazing Burge staff enough.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Amy K

Burge Plantation was our perfect wedding venue! From the beautiful grounds to the food to our wedding/event coordinator, Dawn, I cannot rave enough about it! The cost and ease of creating a menu through Burge and bringing our own alcohol was ideal. We also did our own... Read More centerpieces but the crew made sure everything was in its place! Everything was perfect for both ceremony and reception and if there were any hiccups from other vendors, Dawn was on top of it! Really, she made everything so easy, I didn't have anything to worry about on my wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Lisa V

Our recent experience hosting a rehearsal dinner at Burge Plantation was everything we had hoped it would be for our guests. Planning the event with Dawn and the whole team at Burge was easy, from the menu to the tables to the tents and stage for the band. The Burge team really... Read More delivered both the hospitality and the experience we envisioned for a southern dinner. We have already started recommending Burge to our friends who are planning weddings other special events for their families. Thank you Burge Plantation team.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Eileen K

I can't say enough good things about Burge Plantation--the venue, the food, the director, the staff, etc. This was the perfect venue to enjoy one of the most exciting days of our lives, sharing our daughter's wedding with family and friends. Dawn, as well as the staff,... Read More especially John and Nick, were incredible hosts and worked so hard to add special touches every chance they could. If we had to do it all over again, we would absolutely select Burge. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Tammy E

The Burge in Mansfield, GA was so amazing for our son’s wedding. His beautiful bride researched and found the perfect venue to meet and exceed every detail. The Plantation home was filled with history charm and peacefulness. The food was spot on for the rehearsal dinner the... Read More grand reception was fantastic and more. The service I give you a 10 and more. Dawn you took charge of EVERY detail from the beginning to the very end! Thank you for a perfect wedding!! Tammy and Felix Enriquez

Reviewed on 10/20/2017

Thank you again! It was great working with you all. Thank you for making the wedding perfect! Dale and Barbi

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Megan F

Burge was our dream wedding venue! The entire staff made sure that every detail was flawless and it was a night to remember. Dawn was incredible from start to finish. She was such a pleasure to spend time with, was helpful with every question big or small at all hours of the day... Read More and had fun with us as well. Staying at the property helped relieve stress and gave us a ton of comfort. All of our guests could not stop raving about the food, many of our guests are in the restaurant or hospitality industry and said it was the best food they ever ate. Burge was my husband's choice of venue and I am so lucky to have found Burge and to have a wedding that could not be topped!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Caroline C

Where do I even begin?! There are no words that could describe how amazing everything about Burge Plantation is. I have been going to Burge every since I was a little girl, so when my fiance Josh and I started the wedding planning process we immediately knew that we wanted to... Read More have our wedding at Burge and it could not have been more perfect. I could go on and on, so I will try and point out some of the highlights (even though everything about the entire weekend was a highlight). The food - absolutely delicious! Chef Andrew is truly talented and our guests were raving about the menu all night. The venue - simply stunning. We had our ceremony on the front lawn of the main house and the reception (dinner and dancing) in and around the Conservatory. What originally had me "sold" on the location for the reception was the floor to ceiling windows, the outdoor patios, and the overall simplicity which allowed for tons of gorgeous natural light. The staff - inviting, incredible service, and easy to work with (you never had to tell them anything twice). The wedding planning process and cite visits - easy and not stressful. Lastly, Dawn - the wedding coordinator - who deserves her own category. Dawn is a true angel and does her job perfectly. From start to end, she made the entire process fun and really enjoyable! Dawn is the type of person, which I know all brides and their family's appreciate, that you never have to tell her anything twice. She is incredibly efficient and very detailed (which I really appreciated). She was by my side every step of the way, and on my wedding day. I honestly do not know what I would have done without her. Dawn made our wedding day - and the entire weekend - absolutely perfect and a true dream come true! Burge Plantation is the perfect place for a wedding! Thank you guys for everything! <3 Caroline and Josh

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Jessi W

My husband and I were married at the Oakhill Farmhouse at Burge Plantation last week. We could not be more pleased with everything that Burge has to offer. From the moment we toured the property and met Dawn, we knew without a doubt that Burge would be the perfect wedding venue... Read More for us. Everything and everyone absolutely exceeded our expectations! Dawn was so helpful and knowledgable throughout every step of the planning process. The venue is stunning, the food is exquisite, and the staff is delightful. Thanks to Dawn and everyone at Burge, our wedding day was better than we ever could have dreamed!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Sarah W

Our daughter was recently married at the Farmhouse at Oakhill at Burge Plantation. From the moment we first visited with Dawn, the wedding coordinator, we knew we were in good hands. Her kind, patient demeanor was a breath of fresh air as we were making wedding plans. After... Read More meeting her, my daughter was confident that Dawn would do a great job, and she surpassed our expectations! From the beautiful farmhouse and grounds to the scrumptious food served at the reception, Dawn and Burge Plantation delivered a wedding venue that will be remembered by my family for ages! Thanks to them, our wedding experience was absolutely wonderful! Thank you, again, Dawn, for a wonderful wedding experience! Sarah and Mark Whiting

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Kathy B

I wanted to plan an elegant luncheon for my Niece's Bridal Party and WOW did Dawn Leonetti ever deliver. I met with Dawn and took her advice as she presented options on the room, table arrangements and food. Dawn incorporated "special details" into the occasion with her... Read More personal touch. She handled everything, even providing the flowers from the Burge Plantation. Such a beautiful table.... Kudos to the Chef for a scrumptious meal - the food was excellent. And, many thanks to our attentive servers who were personable and engaging. The entire day was Amazing. I had an impeccable experience and cannot wait for another celebration so that I can use the Plantation again . Many, Many Thanks

Reviewed on 8/25/2017

Burge was the perfect venue for my daughter's wedding in July of 2017! Dawn is an amazing event coordinator, the entire staff was so accommodating, the food was scrumptiously delicious, and every detail was handled. They made it so easy for us and we enjoyed every second.... Read More Thanks Burge for giving my daughter her dream wedding!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Emily F

Wow! I do not even know what to say about the place or the staff! They made my wedding day perfect. Dawn sure does know how to throw a wedding/ reception. Food is great and the plantation is stunning! Would recommend this place to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Linda Y

Dawn was awesome! Every detail of our experience was covered. The whole weekend and the year leading up to the wedding was perfect! Thank you all so much!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 David C

Thank you so much for all of your help Dawn! Building up to the wedding and helping us "weather the storm"! We had such a wonderful time at The Burge. It was the perfect place for us to say "I Do" and celebrate with friends and family! Thank you!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Margie T

We could not have asked for anything better. Everyone was so nice and attentive. Thank you all so much!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Melinda S

Very professional, friendly, and efficient staff. Guests complemented on all aspects and reviewed with highest ratings. Dawn is accommodating in everyway to make it memorable. She is a valuable asset and excellent at her job.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anne P

Burge Plantation is the perfect venue for a magical wedding. My stepdaughter was married there 2 weeks ago and it was everything she had dreamed of. Thanks to Dawn, the most awesome wedding planner a bride could hope for, the staff and chef Andrew for the most AMAZING food!!!... Read More Can't say enough about Burge Planatation!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Winn B

Wow, just Wow. I knew from the moment I stepped foot on the Burge property that this was IT but it exceeded my highest expectations! The setting was stunning, the planner was the bomb.com, and the food was out of this world; everything was amazing! First and foremost, Dawn,... Read More she is beyond amazing!!!! She was incredibly helpful, fun to be around and calming from the moment you sit down with her to plan all the little details it takes to make a perfect weekend. Dawn is the complete package and I couldn't have done it without her. She was so wonderful to work with and made our magical day come to life. She was so organized and made everything FLAWLESS!! (Coming from an incredibly OCD Bride!) Next, the FOOD. O.M.G THE FOOD!!!! I only wish I could have more as I am salivating just thinking about it. Actually, we might just go back to the next tasting to enjoy it again! :) But really, Chef Andrew made the weekend. David and I are huge foodies and every meal just blew us (and all of our guests) completely out of the water. Plump Bacon Wrapped Scallops to Organic Free-Range Chicken to a Chicken and Waffles Brunch and to end the weekend with Shrimp and Grits, Veggie Mac and Cheese and the most delicious tenderloin you will ever put in your mouth. This venue is the perfect package. It is a beautiful setting where elegance and the outdoors meet. We were married between two beautiful large trees in the front lawn with a beautiful plantation home in the background. Our guests weren't even off the grassy lawn before being greeted with a glass of champagne on the 15 step walk to the reception site through the Chef Andrew's Herb Garden. The reception area was amazing being able to have both an indoor and outdoor setup. Our guests were able to enjoy games, amazing hors d'oeuvres, fireplaces and firepits in this amazing setting while they waited for our arrival. We couldn't have had more of a perfect weekend, thank you Burge!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Zack G

What a magical most perfect weekend our wedding was! Thank you for all of your hard work, phone calls, emails, planning meetings, etc. Your talent was seen throughout the weekend. It's evident that you love your job as you run aound with a huge smile on your face making sure... Read More all "demands" as met...and there were lots of them. From the elegant outdoor luncheon to the hayride, from delicious brunches to a successful ceremony and even more success party, I can't say thank you enough! It was even better than what I've dreamed of since age 4. It was a perfect weekend from beginning to end. Thank you for ALL you did for us. I wish we could hit replay and do it all over again. I guess we'll have to renew our vows one day....or maybe a baby shower at Burge. We'll see! With gratitude, Mary Catherine and Zack

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Patty W

We had our daughter's wedding reception at Burge on October 8, 2016. All I can say, is that from our first visit to Burge until the morning after the reception (yes, newlyweds and bride's family stayed the night at the two cabins at the plantation), the venue was perfect for... Read More what my daughter had envisioned for her wedding day. Dawn listened to us, told us about their services and delivered! It was the one constant (in about a year in planning.), where more than a few things went went wrong during the planning process.. Thank you Burge, Dawn and your staff. It was such a beautiful memorable day!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Meredith H

Everything was perfect! The staff were all kind and attentive. Dawn was absolutely amazing! She helped to make the day run smoothly and was wonderful in all of the planning meetings.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Lasley G

Such great help and support through planning to execution. We celebrate the whole team and the ways you all worked together for the entire weekend to make this very special event fluid, fun, and beyond anything we could have hoped for. Oh- and no rain and a full moon! How did... Read More you do that? Thank you all.