Wonderful Wedding Cakes, Fabulous Flavors!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes & Desserts only uses fresh butter, no shortening or lard, only fresh fruit instead of jams and jellies and the freshest cream in our finish to create a very rich and smooth-tasting frosting.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

682 Transfer Rd, St Paul, MN (651) 642-9400

Fantastic!!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Kristin S

We had a great experience with Buttercream! Our tasting experience was a lot of fun. Our host was hilarious and kept us laughing throughout the hour. We liked them so much that we had them do our Groomsman cake too. They did a wonderful 2 tier cake with all of my husband's... Read More favorite sports teams on it. Definitely go them. You will not be disappointed!

Best part of the wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Katherine H

It took me awhile to find a place that did tiered cheesecakes, but I'm so glad I did. They worked with me to make it look beautiful to every detail I wanted. Every person was raving about how delicious the cheesecake was, and wanted to know their contact information.

Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kate H

Right from the start, Buttercream set itself apart from other bakeries we tried in the search for our wedding cake. Not only were their cakes delicious, but they allowed my husband and me to take a tasting platter home so we could share them with our parents (who were unable to... Read More make it to the initial tasting). The people at Buttercream were also very willing and excited to make a design based off of our invitations. We were also able to mix the flavors of cake and frosting as we liked. The end result was a beautiful, delicious cake that all of our guests enjoyed. As an added bonus, instead of having to keep the top tier in your freezer for a year, they offer a complimentary cake at your first anniversary so it will taste just as it did on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Erin E

Delicious!!! Our guests raved about the delicious cupcakes at our wedding! David is who we worked with and he is wonderful! He was so easy to work with and really took his time with us. We highly recommended this place!!!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Liz L

Buttercream made a gorgeous cake for our wedding! It was delicious and they did a fantastic job delivering the cake and placing the flowers from our florist on it. The cake tasted super yummy and not too sweet, which is why I chose them! Thank you Buttercream!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Erika M

YUM! The cakes were delicious! We had 6-inch centerpiece cakes at each of our tables and Buttercream accommodated our needs and we could even pick different flavors! The guests had a great time cutting their own cake, sharing with other tables, and "digging in." Seriously the... Read More best cake I think I have ever had :)

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Michelle M

The cake and desserts we ordered were amazing! Buttercream was so easy to work with and took the hassle out of ordering the desserts.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 A K

We ordered cupcakes, and they were delicious! I was however a little disappointed as we had them on a cupcake tree and none of the cupcakes were labeled. Our guests had no idea which cupcake was which and we had four flavors.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Julia T

Buttercream was easy to work with. scheduling the tasting was easy. The cake was delicious and delivered on time with no worries about it. They know what they are doing. I thought it was silly that after spending an hour meeting with them and designing and reserving our cake,... Read More that they sent a completely generic email about how nice it was to meet us, but then: "If you haven't reserved your cake with us yet make sure to call us with your deposit to save your date! If you have reserved with us, we will be in touch to review your order and finalize the guest count 2 weeks prior to your wedding date." I'm spending a lot of money on a cake in your bakery, can't you personalize a little more? Even just taking out the option of "if you haven't reserved with us" for people who obviously have. Otherwise, Buttercream did a great job! The cake was awesome!

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Ashley W

Our wedding cake was perfect! The three-tiered cake looked just like the model we had seen when we had our tasting. We got nothing but compliments from our guests! We had a few pieces left over that we were able to take home (which was awesome). My husband has frozen those... Read More pieces and unfrozen them throughout the last few weeks and the pieces still taste fresh :) When you go in for your tasting, the staff are very honest with you which is wonderful. By being so honest with us, we changed our vision of having cupcakes to having a three-tiered cake and couldn't have been more happy :)

Reviewed on 3/10/2017 Alexandra C

We absolutely loved using Buttercream for our wedding cake and cupcakes! Our taste testing experience was perfect, and the individual who helped us was honest and professional. We wanted a small cake for the head table and then cupcakes for all of our guests. Every step of the... Read More way, Buttercream was helpful and on top of their game! We even had to change our order kind of last minute, and they were more than willing to help! We had Buttercream deliver the cake, cupcakes and cupcake stand the morning of the wedding, and all of the cupcakes made it in perfect condition! The delivery person set up the cupcakes in sections exactly like we wanted, and they even set up our signs for us that listed what each cupcake was. We even requested to have a few cupcakes set aside so my husband and I could have one the next day, and they gave us a little to-go case for the cupcakes and put them in the fridge at our venue for us! The cake and cupcakes were DELICIOUS, and we still get compliments on how tasty they were! They had the best and most unique flavors too, which we loved! And we even get a complimentary cake on our 1 year anniversary! Buttercream is highly recommended!

Reviewed on 3/01/2017 Annie H

Buttercream exceeded my expectations for a wedding cake. Everything from the initial tasting appointment to the cake delivery on the big day went smoothly. The pricing was reasonable (we had a two tiered cake and a couple sheet cakes). I can't wait to get my complimentary... Read More cake tier on our first anniversary!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Vamsi K

My friend's mom suggested Buttercream for us and she raved how good their cake was at a wedding she went to. Buttercream really is the best option available in the twin cities. We looked at various bakers, sampled their cakes and looked at their designs. First of all, their cake... Read More is far better than anyone else. They are not dry at all, right flavor and texture and they have the right idea not to use fondant. They sat with us on a couple of sessions to really figure out what kind of design we are looking for. We looked up on internet and sent them the ideas and when we sat with them they improvised the design to match our theme. We were doing old time classy black & white polka dots and bow-ties and things like that. They suggested what works best and what doesn't work. They delivered the cake on time and it looked great. Pictures looked great. It tasted fantastic. We think we really picked the right flavors. Also they don't do freezing the top tier for the anniversary and all that. They are just going to bake a new cake for us for our anniversary, at no extra charge. They are competitively priced (or even better than others) around the twin cities and they really live up to their reputation. Best wedding cake baker in the cities, hands down!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Tayler S

Our cake was so amazing! We ordered a three layered cake with each layer a different flavor. My family are such chocolate lovers we asked if they could make the chocolate richer and they were happy to. They were so nice and easy to work with. The cake looked beautiful and tasted... Read More great (no fondant). I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great cakes. And we are getting a small anniversary cake on our 1 year anniversary.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Shannel M

We worked with Buttercream's Excelsior location. We had a great time at our tasting and they were so easy to work with. We had a small one tier cake and then cupcakes. They also let us do a mix of gluten free and regular, we were very grateful for that. Everything looked great... Read More and tasted amazing!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Courtney B

All everyone could do was RAVE about how phenomenal our wedding cake was! We had a Neapolitan layer and the Chocolate cake with Bailey’s frosting. We can’t wait for our One Year anniversary so we can enjoy our anniversary cake!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jessica W

Our cake and gluten free cupcakes from Buttercream were absolutely delicious and everyone loved them. The staff is extremely accommodating and dependable. I even requested a first anniversary cake a day before I wanted it (they request 3 days notice) and they took the time to... Read More have it ready for me! They are the absolute best!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Martie C

Our cake from Buttercream was one of our absolute favorite parts of the wedding, and we were so happy working with them every step of the way. The cake tasting session is a joy all in itself. The cake is delicious, and the decorators/designers are incredibly friendly and seem... Read More to absolutely love their work. Our cake design was gorgeous and really spoke to us personally. They even put in a little black lab puppy at our request, and it melted our hearts to see it the day of! As embarrassed as we were to ask for this addition, the staff was not phased at all and loved the opportunity for a challenge. We get the impression that no matter how weird your request is, they will work with you! All our guests absolutely LOVED how the cake looked and tasted (even my husband's diabetic dad who snuck two pieces!). We might be biased because it was our wedding, but it was by far the best wedding cake we’ve had. Trust us, you will be so glad you went with Buttercream for your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Heather G

The cake and cupcakes tasted delicious, and looked great. We had a small cutting cake, which they used a custom pattern for that turned out very well. They were, however, a little unfriendly after we booked. The sales guy was very nice and supportive of our ideas. We used... Read More cupcake candelabras as stands on each table. they are metal stands, like an antique candelabra. The sales guy thought they were spectacular when I showed him a picture. The catering person was very skeptical of them (It ended up looking lovely set up). As far as I know they arrived on time and set things up.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Jessica H

We went with Buttercream since they were the preferred bakery of our vendor and would waive the cake cutting fee if we used them. I am glad we did not have to look anywhere else. The cake was delicious! We went the Neapolitan and Bailey Lovers. The Neapolitan was a lighter... Read More flavor and the Bailey Lovers satisfies those who crave a heavy chocolate flavor. We ordered a 3 tier cake and did the rest as sheet cakes. It turned out beautiful and it was so fun to see all of their available designs at the tasting. I am looking forward to our 1 year anniversary just to taste some of that delectable cake again!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Sarah B

Absolutely the best! I'm not a cake person but there was a deal through our wedding venue with Buttercream. We went through their Minnetonka site. I found the older gentleman helping us very entertaining and accommodating. We went with 2 flavors - lemon raspberry and BAYLO... Read More (bailey's/chocolate lovers). The cake turned out great and delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Alicia M

We recently hired Buttercream for our wedding on 11/5/16. It was a great choice as their cake is DELICIOUS! You are able to go in beforehand and try an assortment of their best flavors, or choose from a list as well. We had a hard time choosing as they are all so good! I will... Read More have to say that even though their cake is really good, it is on the more expensive side, and they do charge a high fee for delivery which we felt should have been waived based on how much we paid for our cake.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Loren C

For the first couple weeks after the wedding my husband and I kept turning to each other and saying "wait, why didn't we eat more of our cake?" it was that good. We got a 3 tiered traditional wedding cake and it was amazing. Not only was it beautiful and exactly what I wanted my... Read More wedding cake to look like it was also absolutely delicious. Everybody loved it. The fact that buttercream uses no fondant whatsoever means that there is delicious frosting and the cake itself is moist and light. Beyond everything the price of the cake was extremely reasonable and we greatly look forward to our anniversary cake in a year!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristin H

AMAZING! We chose to have four smaller cakes in different flavors. Buttercream accommodated our request and our guests ave rave reviews. We had exactly two slices of cake left at the end of the day, and who ever has that happen? You can't go wrong with any of their cakes.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 M M

Avoid this place! Terrible service, poor quality product, and expensive to boot! My cake was lopsided...sent them photos both via email and USPS and never even got a response. They might have been good once upon a time, but no more. Look elsewhere...or be warned!