Wonderful Wedding Cakes, Fabulous Flavors!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes & Desserts only uses fresh butter, no shortening or lard, only fresh fruit instead of jams and jellies and the freshest cream in our finish to create a very rich and smooth-tasting frosting.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

682 Transfer Rd, St Paul, MN (651) 642-9400

Fantastic!!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Kristin S

We had a great experience with Buttercream! Our tasting experience was a lot of fun. Our host was hilarious and kept us laughing throughout the hour. We liked them so much that we had them do our Groomsman cake too. They did a wonderful 2 tier cake with all of my husband's... Read More favorite sports teams on it. Definitely go them. You will not be disappointed!

Best part of the wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Katherine H

It took me awhile to find a place that did tiered cheesecakes, but I'm so glad I did. They worked with me to make it look beautiful to every detail I wanted. Every person was raving about how delicious the cheesecake was, and wanted to know their contact information.

Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kate H

Right from the start, Buttercream set itself apart from other bakeries we tried in the search for our wedding cake. Not only were their cakes delicious, but they allowed my husband and me to take a tasting platter home so we could share them with our parents (who were unable to... Read More make it to the initial tasting). The people at Buttercream were also very willing and excited to make a design based off of our invitations. We were also able to mix the flavors of cake and frosting as we liked. The end result was a beautiful, delicious cake that all of our guests enjoyed. As an added bonus, instead of having to keep the top tier in your freezer for a year, they offer a complimentary cake at your first anniversary so it will taste just as it did on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Monique H

We just got married on March 2, 2018 and I am not usually a cake person, but Oh. My. Gosh. My wedding cake from Buttercream was unbelievably amazing! We had a beautiful, simply decorated four-tier cake in two flavors. They took care of the delivery and set up and they even did... Read More flower placement with the fresh flowers from the florist! I love that they take pride in every aspect of their cakes and use only high-grade ingredients. Our guests raved about the cake - many people even went back for seconds so they could try a piece of each. The serving sizes were very generous! I am so excited to recommend them and I can't wait to get another cake from here! Keep up the great (and tasty!) work, Buttercream!!!

Reviewed on 3/01/2018 Liz C

We used Buttercream's services for our wedding because they were included with our reception venue. However, given a choice we likely would have selected a different vendor. We thought cake tasting would be a highlight of wedding planning but we were incorrect. My parents met us... Read More at the tasting in the St. Paul location and neither of us felt welcome when we arrived. Both of us got the impression that they were trying to get us to leave until we reminded them we had a scheduled appointment. I called ahead twice to make sure that they could accommodate a peanut allergy and was told that this may limit the types of cake we tried but that they did have a peanut free option. When we arrived they had prepared a tasting that was not peanut free. They were able to change to a peanut free tasting but we were treated as an inconvenience. We were also disappointed to find out that despite their name the frostings are more of whipped and cream cheese frosting than a true buttercream frosting. While the cake was included with our venue we were responsible for any costs of decorating the cake and cake stands used. On the day of the wedding the cake was actually better than the cake we tried at the tasting which was a nice surprise. Overall the cake turned out to be good in the end but given Buttercream's reputation in the Twin Cities the whole experience was not up to our expectations.

Reviewed on 2/15/2018 Bryn L

Tasting process was enjoyable, lots of designs to choose from, and most importantly-delicious cake!! Loved working with buttercream and would do so again and again!!

Reviewed on 2/01/2018 Rita S

Buttercream did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. They made the process easy and set up the cake beautifully. We asked for a “naked” cake with flowers arranged and it looked great!

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Jessie F

Buttercream created the best wedding cake I have ever tasted. We have received so many compliments on their work!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Brianna P

Our book themed wedding cake was absolutely gorgeous (and delicious)! Buttercream had an amazing selection of flavors and their designs are to die for! They were super professional and were a joy to work with.

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Sandra G

THE BEST Always get my special events at Buttercream! Greg is the fabulous to work with! Marissa does an amazing job with all my requests for my birthday cakes, bridal parties, and last my Wedding Cake was AMAZING! The signature flavors are the BEST!

Reviewed on 11/29/2017 Sarah P

We had a great experience with Buttercream (Minnetonka location) and received multiple compliments. Many guests even asked what type of cake we had and said it was the best they'd ever had! We had to agree- it was absolutely delicious and everything we'd wanted.

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Lauren B

The best tasting cake and cupcakes I have ever had! We had six different cupcake varieties and a small cake for cutting at our wedding and they were a huge hit with our guests! The cupcakes are HUGE, you really get your money's worth! The frosting is so light, and not overly... Read More sweet. I can't wait to eat the rest of my wedding cake!

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Lissa M

We loved the cakes and Buttercream was very easy to work with, very professional, and very delicious. Our venue (Chanhassen Dinner Theatres) contract included the cake from Buttercream which really simplified the process. We went in for a tasting (and got to take home the... Read More leftovers!) and our cake day of the wedding was very tasty. We got so many compliments on both flavors we chose - strawberry (white cake with strawberry frosting) and Bailey's chocolate. Would recommend this to anyone with 100% confidence.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Lynn G

Buttercream was the first and only bakery we met with for our wedding cake and cupcakes. The moment we met with David at our tasting, we knew we were in good hands. He was such a pleasure to work with! We chose strawberry a la ritz for our wedding cake and it was absolutely... Read More divine. Our guests also couldn't stop raving about the cupcakes - we happily let everyone know where they came from! We look forward to our anniversary cake next year, but will surely stop by for other goodies before then. Thanks to the Buttercream team for being part of our day! Highly recommended!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Katie P

this is for the Stillwater Location- to start off, the cakes were wonderful. They tasted wonderful and looked beautiful. We had 11 6 inch cakes and used them for our centerpieces. Each cake was a different flavor and each cake was decorated differently. Like I said, the cakes... Read More looked beautiful and tasted wonderful. The low scoring was the customer service. The communication wasn't good at all. There were lots of little things with lack of communication but the biggest thing was we asked if they have 11 serving utensils that we could use/rent, they said yes, they had 11 we could use. We also told them to deliver the cakes at 3. The cakes were delivered before 2, we didn't have the table numbers up yet with the flavor of cake so the cakes were placed at tables and we had to match them up and move from table to table. Then, they only brought one serving utensil. When we called them they said they only had one. We then had to run an hour before the wedding to find 10 serving utensils. I was very disappointed with the customer service of this place. I would not use them again. But the cake did taste good.

Reviewed on 11/09/2017 Amelia I

This vendor was amazing! I actually did not even hire this vendor for my wedding cake (only because I did not like the gaps between the tiers), but looking back- I should have! The wedding venue I opted to go with accidentally dropped the cupcakes on the day of my wedding.... Read More Normally this would be a huge headache as the Queen of cakes vendor I chose to go with turned my venue away saying they wouldn't make any more. Buttercream cakes to the rescue! My venue called them up and they had 130 new cupcakes delivered in about an hour! Way to save the day Buttercream! If I ever need cupcakes for anything- this is where I am going. Funny enough- we had more compliments on their cupcakes than most other food that evening!! Way to go Buttercream- Thank you for saving my wedding and satisfying my guests' sweet tooths'!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Alyssa B

I cannot say enough good things about our wedding cake. Buttercream was first and foremost delicious, I have never had a better cake. Also, our guests truly enjoyed their cake, again it was amazing! The design on our cake was classy and elegant, matched our venue perfectly.... Read More Thanks for everything Buttercream!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Monica B

You can't go wrong with this industry faithful! We used the Minnetonka location for our wedding cake and gluten free cupcakes and were extremely pleased. Dave was very professional, and made us feel very comfortable during our cake tastings and beyond. When you're looking for... Read More vendors, you're looking for an expert, and the I can guarantee that everyone on the Buttercream team is an expert! Everything from choosing flavors and design to making payments is fast and easy. We even had to change our order 3 weeks before the wedding due a reduced guest count, and the process was painless. My husband and a large portion of his family have Celiac disease, and the Buttercream gluten free cake was by far the best we tasted in the Twin Cities (and our guests agreed!). Thank you, Buttercream!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kaitlyn S

We used Buttercream for our wedding in June of 2017 and the cake was phenomenal! All of our guests were raving about how delicious it was and I'm so glad we had some leftover to enjoy for ourselves after as well! The planning process with Buttercream was quite easy and also very... Read More fun, take advantage of the tasting!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Gina A

YUM YUM YUM! We used Buttercream for our wedding cake and LOVED every part of it! They were absolutely great to work with and we can't say enough great things about the cake. We have been to 20-25 weddings since we started dating and cakes can just be eh! But this cake is one... Read More you will remember! :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Kelsey B

Super easy process working with Buttercream and everything went without a hitch on the wedding day. We received many compliments on how delicious the cake was. We went with strawberry a la ritz and cookies and cream - perfect for summer. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Rachel G

My quirky friend and I had a great tasting experience in June, I had wanted mini dessert and ended up going with a full cake. Prior to making that decision, we tasted until we were nearly sick. The cake on the day was delicious, and they did a great job with delivery and adding... Read More flowers so it looked really beautiful. I only wish the venue had left it out longer for everyone to see! I cannot wait for our anniversary cake. When we did the cake cutting, we were wowed by how great it tasted! After a couple days with no appetite leading up to the day, and I think I will always dream of how great that bite of cake tasted!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Danika P

Our cake was so beautiful and it tasted delicious at our tasting! We chose the tiramisu and Bailey's chocolate flavors for our four-tier cake. Sadly, we weren't able to try it on our wedding day, because we were visiting with guests when it was served and the staff at our... Read More reception took our plates before we even got one bite! Not Buttercream's fault though! Our guests loved the flavors though and we get a complimentary cake on our one-year anniversary from Buttercream - woo hoo!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Rob W

Buttercream did an amazing job on our wedding cake! We loved working with them before our wedding! Everyone at our wedding complimented on how much they loved our cake! Definitely a must :)

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Chelsea N

Buttercream did an amazing job for our wedding this past weekend! We had a 1-tier cake for our head table and 5 different flavors of cupcakes for all of our guests and we received numerous compliments on them all night long! We knew Buttercream was a great vendor but didn't know... Read More how great until that night came. We had people double-fisting cupcakes and others making multiple trips to the cake table they loved them so much. Thank you Buttercream for all of your hard work and we appreciate all that you've done!