Wonderful Wedding Cakes, Fabulous Flavors!

Buttercream Wedding Cakes & Desserts only uses fresh butter, no shortening or lard, only fresh fruit instead of jams and jellies and the freshest cream in our finish to create a very rich and smooth-tasting frosting.

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

682 Transfer Rd, St Paul, MN (651) 642-9400

Fantastic!!! Highly Recommend!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Kristin S

We had a great experience with Buttercream! Our tasting experience was a lot of fun. Our host was hilarious and kept us laughing throughout the hour. We liked them so much that we had them do our Groomsman cake too. They did a wonderful 2 tier cake with all of my husband's... Read More favorite sports teams on it. Definitely go them. You will not be disappointed!

Best part of the wedding

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Katherine H

It took me awhile to find a place that did tiered cheesecakes, but I'm so glad I did. They worked with me to make it look beautiful to every detail I wanted. Every person was raving about how delicious the cheesecake was, and wanted to know their contact information.

Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kate H

Right from the start, Buttercream set itself apart from other bakeries we tried in the search for our wedding cake. Not only were their cakes delicious, but they allowed my husband and me to take a tasting platter home so we could share them with our parents (who were unable to... Read More make it to the initial tasting). The people at Buttercream were also very willing and excited to make a design based off of our invitations. We were also able to mix the flavors of cake and frosting as we liked. The end result was a beautiful, delicious cake that all of our guests enjoyed. As an added bonus, instead of having to keep the top tier in your freezer for a year, they offer a complimentary cake at your first anniversary so it will taste just as it did on the wedding day. I would definitely recommend this bakery.

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Vamsi K

My friend's mom suggested Buttercream for us and she raved how good their cake was at a wedding she went to. Buttercream really is the best option available in the twin cities. We looked at various bakers, sampled their cakes and looked at their designs. First of all, their cake... Read More is far better than anyone else. They are not dry at all, right flavor and texture and they have the right idea not to use fondant. They sat with us on a couple of sessions to really figure out what kind of design we are looking for. We looked up on internet and sent them the ideas and when we sat with them they improvised the design to match our theme. We were doing old time classy black & white polka dots and bow-ties and things like that. They suggested what works best and what doesn't work. They delivered the cake on time and it looked great. Pictures looked great. It tasted fantastic. We think we really picked the right flavors. Also they don't do freezing the top tier for the anniversary and all that. They are just going to bake a new cake for us for our anniversary, at no extra charge. They are competitively priced (or even better than others) around the twin cities and they really live up to their reputation. Best wedding cake baker in the cities, hands down!

Reviewed on 2/09/2017 Tayler S

Our cake was so amazing! We ordered a three layered cake with each layer a different flavor. My family are such chocolate lovers we asked if they could make the chocolate richer and they were happy to. They were so nice and easy to work with. The cake looked beautiful and tasted... Read More great (no fondant). I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great cakes. And we are getting a small anniversary cake on our 1 year anniversary.

Reviewed on 1/12/2017 Shannel M

We worked with Buttercream's Excelsior location. We had a great time at our tasting and they were so easy to work with. We had a small one tier cake and then cupcakes. They also let us do a mix of gluten free and regular, we were very grateful for that. Everything looked great... Read More and tasted amazing!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Courtney B

All everyone could do was RAVE about how phenomenal our wedding cake was! We had a Neapolitan layer and the Chocolate cake with Bailey’s frosting. We can’t wait for our One Year anniversary so we can enjoy our anniversary cake!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jessica W

Our cake and gluten free cupcakes from Buttercream were absolutely delicious and everyone loved them. The staff is extremely accommodating and dependable. I even requested a first anniversary cake a day before I wanted it (they request 3 days notice) and they took the time to... Read More have it ready for me! They are the absolute best!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Martie C

Our cake from Buttercream was one of our absolute favorite parts of the wedding, and we were so happy working with them every step of the way. The cake tasting session is a joy all in itself. The cake is delicious, and the decorators/designers are incredibly friendly and seem... Read More to absolutely love their work. Our cake design was gorgeous and really spoke to us personally. They even put in a little black lab puppy at our request, and it melted our hearts to see it the day of! As embarrassed as we were to ask for this addition, the staff was not phased at all and loved the opportunity for a challenge. We get the impression that no matter how weird your request is, they will work with you! All our guests absolutely LOVED how the cake looked and tasted (even my husband's diabetic dad who snuck two pieces!). We might be biased because it was our wedding, but it was by far the best wedding cake we’ve had. Trust us, you will be so glad you went with Buttercream for your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Heather G

The cake and cupcakes tasted delicious, and looked great. We had a small cutting cake, which they used a custom pattern for that turned out very well. They were, however, a little unfriendly after we booked. The sales guy was very nice and supportive of our ideas. We used... Read More cupcake candelabras as stands on each table. they are metal stands, like an antique candelabra. The sales guy thought they were spectacular when I showed him a picture. The catering person was very skeptical of them (It ended up looking lovely set up). As far as I know they arrived on time and set things up.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Jessica H

We went with Buttercream since they were the preferred bakery of our vendor and would waive the cake cutting fee if we used them. I am glad we did not have to look anywhere else. The cake was delicious! We went the Neapolitan and Bailey Lovers. The Neapolitan was a lighter... Read More flavor and the Bailey Lovers satisfies those who crave a heavy chocolate flavor. We ordered a 3 tier cake and did the rest as sheet cakes. It turned out beautiful and it was so fun to see all of their available designs at the tasting. I am looking forward to our 1 year anniversary just to taste some of that delectable cake again!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Sarah B

Absolutely the best! I'm not a cake person but there was a deal through our wedding venue with Buttercream. We went through their Minnetonka site. I found the older gentleman helping us very entertaining and accommodating. We went with 2 flavors - lemon raspberry and BAYLO... Read More (bailey's/chocolate lovers). The cake turned out great and delicious! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Alicia M

We recently hired Buttercream for our wedding on 11/5/16. It was a great choice as their cake is DELICIOUS! You are able to go in beforehand and try an assortment of their best flavors, or choose from a list as well. We had a hard time choosing as they are all so good! I will... Read More have to say that even though their cake is really good, it is on the more expensive side, and they do charge a high fee for delivery which we felt should have been waived based on how much we paid for our cake.

Reviewed on 11/14/2016 Loren C

For the first couple weeks after the wedding my husband and I kept turning to each other and saying "wait, why didn't we eat more of our cake?" it was that good. We got a 3 tiered traditional wedding cake and it was amazing. Not only was it beautiful and exactly what I wanted my... Read More wedding cake to look like it was also absolutely delicious. Everybody loved it. The fact that buttercream uses no fondant whatsoever means that there is delicious frosting and the cake itself is moist and light. Beyond everything the price of the cake was extremely reasonable and we greatly look forward to our anniversary cake in a year!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kristin H

AMAZING! We chose to have four smaller cakes in different flavors. Buttercream accommodated our request and our guests ave rave reviews. We had exactly two slices of cake left at the end of the day, and who ever has that happen? You can't go wrong with any of their cakes.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 M M

Avoid this place! Terrible service, poor quality product, and expensive to boot! My cake was lopsided...sent them photos both via email and USPS and never even got a response. They might have been good once upon a time, but no more. Look elsewhere...or be warned!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Kat S

The absolute best cake I have ever tasted! Greg was so much fun to work with.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 April S

Our cake and cupcakes from Buttercream were amazing! We ordered a small Red Velvet cake for us and 4 flavors of cupcakes for guests: Lemon Raspberry, Salted Caramel, Black Bottom Cheesecake, and Red Velvet. They were all delicious and our guests loved the variety. The... Read More decorations on the top were very nice as well. Marisa was great to work with from the initial tasting up to finalizing everything, and the cupcakes were delivered right to the venue on time. Would definitely recommend Buttercream Bakery!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Ashley L

Should have bought more! We bought cupcakes, bars, mousse, and tarts and they all went super fast. Everyone loved the desserts!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Cheyenne R

Amazing cake/cupcakes! Everyone at the wedding was ranting how delicious the cake/cupcakes were. The tasting went well, but my only concern is they sent someone that didn't know how to set everything up. I spoke with the wedding lady on the phone and she said if we brought... Read More everything for decorations and left them on the table, they would decorate. But he didn't know how so my bridesmaids helped and it turned out really nice. Luckily, I had my girls. I would still highly recommend them but if you're having them decorate/setup, maybe ensure they person delivering knows how to.

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Amy N

Buttercream was fantastic. Our tasting was so much fun and everything that we tried was absolutely delicious. We ordered a small wedding cake for the wedding party and cupcakes for all of our guests. The cupcakes were an absolute hit, people are still talking about them weeks... Read More later. It was nice that Buttercream could contract with our caterer so that everything ended up on one bill. It was so easy to work with them.

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Tom F

Overall great experience with Buttercream from the tasting, the setup and the price! The 4 flavors of tiered cupcakes with our personal 6 inch cake on top was a huge hit!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Amanda S

Seriously the best cake you will ever eat, hands down. We did a tasting and went with Amaretto and Strawberry Shortcake and we had tried another cake vendor beforehand but Buttercream does not compare to any other bakery; they are far better than any cake we've ever tried. I... Read More think the cake was one of the most exciting things that we were looking forward to on our wedding night. Our cake design was so beautiful and all of our guests, including us, absolutely loved the taste.

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Ana B

We knew from the beginning that we wanted to go with Buttercream based on their reviews as well as their partnership with Green Mill, our caterer. To put it matter-of-factly, they did not disappoint! Our 4-tiered cake was beautifully designed and so moist and delicious. In fact,... Read More tasting the many different flavors of cake at our cake tasting with Buttercream was one of my most favorite wedding planning moments! The whole process was flawless, convenient, and the quality of the cake was stellar. Can't wait to receive our complimentary 1st anniversary cake from them next year!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Kelsey H

Awesome cake and it was decorated and set up beautifully! Responsive customer service and great suggestions at the tasting.

Start a Conversation!