Book Your Wedding with Butternut Farm Golf Club

The Green. Should couples choose to hold the ceremony on site, it can be flawlessly arranged on The Green. The couple is surrounded by natural beauty and has ample spots for one-of-a-kind, first-look photographs.

Heritage Room. Welcoming as many as 250 friends and family members, the Heritage Room is the ideal spot for hosting a reception. The gorgeous, vaulted ceilings make the room seem even more spacious, and the many windows offer a view of Wheeler Pond. This space is also equipped with a large dance floor for the end of the evening.

Octagonal Cocktail Lounge and Terrace. Couples that are interested in adding a cocktail hour can make use of the Octagonal Cocktail Lounge and Terrace. From this location, guests gaze over the pond, the covered bridge and ficus trees decorated with twinkling white lights. There's also ample space to mingle and watch the sunset.

The Butternut Farm Golf Club has several wedding packages from which to choose. All of the packages include free cake-cutting services, a complimentary food tasting for two and a choice of a champagne or white wine toast. The tables and chivalry chairs are also provided, along with ivory chair pads, floor-length linens and napkins in the color of your choice. Framed table numbers, glass hurricane lamps and white candles make for romantic centerpieces that all your guests will love. All staff adheres to a black-tie dress code.

After the food tasting, couples can select items from their traditional menu and seasonal menu to create a customized menu reflective of their family traditions and time of the year. All ideas are welcome, as the staff takes pleasure in making a wedding unique to each couple. A few of the popular hors d'oeuvres include spinach and feta triangles, scallops wrapped in bacon and petite filet on garlic toast. For the entree, you'll want to consider stuffed filet mignon, citrus grilled swordfish and chicken Florentine.

Two extra perks really put this venue at the top of the list. To start, the ladies of the wedding party are given access to a bridal suite, which can be used for photos, retouching makeup and taking a few minutes to just breathe. Later, the happy couple is treated to a complimentary round of golf so they can spend some time bonding and unwinding from their wedding day. Additional perks include:

• Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Wireless Internet service
  • No room or rental fee

The Heritage Room-NOW Available -Saturday 9-23-17!

Our award winning Heritage Room has been recognized year after year for our outstanding commitment to making our couples’ day the best it can be! We offer scenic views for you and up to 250 of your guests overlooking Wheeler Pond- where sunset pictures are amazing! You will fall in love with our vaulted ceiling ballroom, Octagonal Cocktail Lounge, Covered Bridge, raved about food & the warm, caring, above and beyond service from our family- The Pages! We host one event per day with onsite ceremonies for any weather. Our couples have the choice of selecting items from our seasonal menu & traditional menu to create a customized menu that is reflective of them and their time of the year! We offer cocktail wedding receptions too.

• Outdoor - Covered

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

115 Wheeler Road, Stow, MA (978) 897-3400

Reviewed on 2/26/2018 Caitlin C

I'll start by saying I could not imagine enjoying our wedding half as much as we did if it had been anywhere else, and that besides choosing each other, choosing Butternut Farm was the best choice my husband and I made in wedding planning! My now-husband and I looked at... Read More probably 2 dozen venues before we decided where to have our wedding in the fall of 2017, but from the minute we walked into Butternut Farm Golf Club we both agreed it was perfect for us. From the first day we toured the venue, Hope made both us and our families feel welcomed, comfortable, and as though our wedding was as important in her mind as it was in ours! She was kind enough to show us around not once but twice, on two separate occasions, both to make sure both of our parents got to see our choice and to be sure we got to see the ceremony space and Heritage room set up for groups of different sizes and with different layouts. The space in the Heritage Room is gorgeous set up for both big and small groups, and allowed plenty of room for mingling, plus the grounds at Butternut are incredible from the pond to the green where they host ceremonies – I loved that the porches and outdoor spaces are decorated seasonally, which was one less detail I had to worry about! Butternut Farm is a family run venue, and through the whole process of planning your event they treat you like a part of their family. Closer to our wedding, Erin took over the detailing and coordination of our big day, and I can’t say enough good things about how patient and organized she is, or about how she went above and beyond to address every detail of our event. She even went so far as to arrange for the Food & Beverage manager to bring in my dad’s favorite beer, which isn’t normally on their menu. She patiently fielded dozens of questions from me, my husband and my mother, and as a completely Type-A bride I had to admire how organized she is. From the menu to the décor to the timeline of the day, she seemed to anticipate everything I wanted, and helped me fill in the gaps of some details I hadn’t even considered. By the time our day arrived, I knew beyond a doubt that every detail was taken care of and that the event was in excellent hands. I expected to be stressed with last minute issues but she handled everything like an expert before I was even aware what was happening. She even personally made sure my husband and I had fresh drinks in our hand and plates of appetizers while we mingled, and kept our dinner plates warm until we were done greeting guests. Our friends and family have been raving about our wedding for the last five months, from how amazing the food was to how professional and friendly the bartenders and wait staff were. Everyone felt taken care of, and there was nothing more we could have wanted for our guests on our big day!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Genevieve C

I am SO happy my sister in law recommended Butternut Farm to us as a venue. We fell in love with Butternut during our first visit. The grounds and building are obviously beautiful, but the staff is what makes Butternut a step above the rest. Hope was fantastic and Denise was... Read More simply a rock star on my wedding day. She made sure that all of my wedding day requests were taken care of and every detail was perfect. She was always available via email or cell during the time leading up to our wedding to answer questions and help with the planning. Incredibly organized and thorough. One of my favorites memories from our wedding was after our church ceremony when Denise brought us upstairs to see the room before the guests came up. I broke down in tears seeing how she had totally captured my vision and everything looked even BETTER than I could have ever imagined. I already had complete confidence and peace of mind going into my wedding day because everyone at Butternut was just so professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process, and you could tell they were "invested" in their couples as people. The entire staff was friendly and efficient, too. Their recommended vendors did not disappoint either. My guests are still raving about the whole wedding experience at Butternut. If you decide to have your wedding at Butternut, you will not be disappointed. Couldn't have asked for more!! I will be forever grateful for our amazing wedding memories.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Samantha Z

I can't put into words how AMAZING this venue is!!! From the start to the finish, this amazing staff was hands down the best to work with! Erin and Hope are the kindest, most caring, most organized wedding planners you could ever ask for! They are prompt in responding to emails,... Read More flexible, cooperative, understanding, fun and all around excellent!! The place is gorgeous, food is tremendous! I can't rave about this place enough!! It was the best night of our lives! Everything ran smooth, we can't thank you and your team enough for a job well done!! What an amazing night we had at Butternut Farms!! It is truly spectacular! My dreams came true, and we owe you the biggest thank you ever!

Reviewed on 3/08/2018 Christina S

The people at Butternut Farm were truly amazing! They helped us along every step of the way to make our day exactly what we wanted it to be, and they did it with true joy and love for their jobs. I wish for everyone that they could have their special day at this beautiful... Read More place with these wonderful people.

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 L O

From the day we first toured Butternut to our wedding day, Hope and Erin were fantastic. They were extremely responsive, professional, detail-oriented, and above all, passionate about what they do. They made us feel like we were their only clients. Our wedding day was the best... Read More day of our lives thanks in part to Hope and Erin’s dedication and diligence. The day and evening could not have been more magical. Hope and Erin are also very easy to work with and have a wealth of knowledge on wedding planning and logistics, which is such a wonderful resource to have. We can’t thank Hope and Erin enough for their time, attention, and dedication to our special day.

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Erika K

My husband and I are so happy we had our reception at Butternut Farm golf club!! Hope & Erin were so kind, thorough, thoughtful and helpful during our several meetings and the countless emails we sent to them. Our reception was gorgeous in the heritage room! We were able to... Read More have a jazz band for our cocktail hour which our guests loved, a photo booth tucked behind the fireplace which added so much fun for us and our guests and ample space after dinner in the octagonal room for the platters of Greek desserts as well as three flavors of delicious cake we had. Erin made sure that everything went off without a hitch, kept everything organized and on time and made sure my husband and I wanted for nothing all evening. We are so thankful and appreciative for our wedding experience at Butternut and we have gorgeous photos we took on the grounds that we will treasure forever to remind us of the wonderful start of our life together.

Reviewed on 1/24/2018 Shauna D

Butternut Farm Golf Club, exceeded any expectation both myself and my husband could have imagined. From the help both Hope and Erin provided us from the beginning, and the day of our wedding, everything was perfect. The staff was fantastic and very attentive, and the venue was... Read More gorgeous. Everything went as planned and couldn't have asked for a better venue to work with. Thank you to everyone involved from Butternut Farm, and to those looking there-- you won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Amanda C

I cannot even begin to express how amazing my wedding day was. From the first time we saw Butternut Farm on The Knot while looking for venues to getting in our bus after the wedding, everything was so easy! Hope and Faith were absolutely amazing to work with! We got lucky and... Read More had one of the most beautiful days in October ever, but besides the weather everything and I mean EVERYTHING was perfect and beautiful. I did not feel any need to worry or be anxious the day of because I knew everything was taken care of. The food... people still tell me how amazing the food was! I cannot thank everyone at Butternut Farm enough for making our day amazing!

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Kristen S

We chose Butternut because we instantly just connected to it and it's a small family owned operation. The venue is not only beautiful but their staff is amazing. Hope and Erin made the entire experience easy, fun and worry free. I truly enjoyed working with them and everyone... Read More raved about how great of a venue it is! Thank you Butternut for making our day amazing!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2017 Brian L

Butternut Farm is a great venue for a wedding. Hope and Erin were a pleasure to work with. They respond to emails almost immediately and were very organized with their planning. Many of the guests raved about how beautiful the venue was and how much fun they had. We highly... Read More recommend Butternut Farm for a wedding.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Laura W

I don't even know where to begin! EVERYTHING about our 09/09/17 wedding at Butternut was absolutely amazing! Right from the first time we met with Hope, Rob and I knew we had to book our wedding here. Hope was so inviting and so friendly, she put all of our worries about... Read More planning a wedding at ease! She was incredibly responsive to any questions we had and always got back to us within minutes of sending emails. Once we booked our wedding and started the actual planning process, we started working with Erin who is equally amazing. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and put our minds at ease with any questions we had. This woman knows what she is doing! The venue is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. The food is incredible - we had filet mignon and stuffed chicken for our meals at the wedding and both were so delicious. The filet was cooked perfectly which can be hard to do with a large crowd. So many guests came up and told me how delicious the hors d'oeuvres and all of the main meals were. The staff was super friendly. The bartenders were great. Erin kept everything on schedule the night of the wedding and was there for our every need. I can't recommend Butternut enough! There is no way I could have gotten married anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Carla C

I cannot say enough wonderful things about butternut farm. From my first visit with Hope I knew this place was the one. Hope and Carol are two of the kindest most patient people you'll ever meet. They helped me out with all sorts of questions and details and made the whole... Read More experience wonderful. The day of our wedding everything was perfect!!! Our guests all talked about how much they loved the food and how beautiful the venue was. My wedding was everything I hoped it would be and more !!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Courtney F

So beautiful!!! What a great golf course! Hope and Erin were amazing and answered all of my silly questions!! They were always available and helped to make the wedding reception a dream come true! The food was out of this world and the staff so good!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Angela B

I am speechless when thinking about how amazing the wedding night was at Butternut! From the beginning of all the planning Hope and Erin made the experience easy and enjoyable. I fell in love with the family business and the character of the venue. Leading up to the day, Erin... Read More and Hope were very responsive to all our questions. I loved that the morning of setting up, Erin was there to help out and give suggestions and also peace of mind that the day would go smoothly. And boy did it go smoothly. Erin checked on my in the bridal sweet and even arranged for me to see the beautiful room before all the guests. After the ceremony Erin and her wait staff treated us like royalty, from holding my bouquet to delivering drinks they went above and beyond. All the guests commented on how great the service was and how delicious the apps and entrees were! The entire night was amazing and would not have been possible if it was not for the people at Butternut Farm! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lauren L

We are so happy we chose Butternut Farm as our wedding venue! Everything was so beautiful and all of our guests loved the grounds and everything about the location. We got lucky with the weather and had a gorgeous day which allowed us to have our ceremony outside and get some... Read More amazing photos on the greens with the scenery behind us. This is a really great venue for an outdoor wedding with so many photo spots. We got many compliments from our guests on the food (hors d'oeuvres especially!), the bartender Sarah, our day of wedding coordinator Carol, and just the whole place and the staff in general. Both Hope and Carol were excellent to work with throughout the whole planning process. Hope was very informative since day one when she showed us the venue and Carol was great at helping us out with every last minute detail up until the day before the wedding. They were both very responsive to emails and always sent back quick replies. We also felt very comfortable having Carol be in charge of the wedding day as she knew what she was doing and had everything under control, including taking care of the coordinating between all of our different vendors. Butternut Farm really made wedding planning a lot less stressful than it could have been and we highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Bill K

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our Wedding Day! There are beautiful locations all over Massachusetts, but the value of what Butternut Farm brings to the table far exceeds anything we found.... and we scouted over 30 locations! From the moment we sat down... Read More with Hope and Erin (event planners), they made us feel so welcome. We even felt that they truly wanted to be part of our special day, which became even more evident when shortly after leaving our initial meeting, we received an email where Hope thanked us for coming and told us how much she would be honored to hose our wedding. Many of the tours we took were informative, but just factual and impersonal, talking about cost options, where you stand, where you eat, and generally what to expect. Hope and Erin took the time to hear about who we were, when we met, what we envisioned for our day... it was so much more meaningful from the very beginning. Butternut Farm was actually the first place we looked at... every other tour only made it more clear that BF was the only place for us. We married on a beautiful fall day in October, and everything was as perfect as we could have expected. I could go on and on about how wonderful the atmosphere, food, service, bartenders, golf course, and everything were... but you have to see for yourself! If you are thinking of getting married here, look no further. I promise you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Janell L

Butternut Farm exceeded our expectations as our wedding venue! The wedding coordinators (Hope & Erin) are two of the kindest women who helped me so much along the way as well as the wedding day/night! The grounds were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was amazing!... Read More We had the best day and our guests could not stop raving about how amazing the venue was! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for the BEST day ever!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Winnie L

We got married this past April and it was absolutely wonderful. Hope and Erin exceeded our expectations. From the very first meeting when we first toured the venue we absolutely fell in love with not only the venue itself, but with the warmth that Hope welcomed us with. In the... Read More months leading up to the wedding any questions we had were answered via email very quickly, and working closely with Erin we created a day that turned out even better than we could've expected. We went ahead with our menu without doing any tastings because of all the great reviews, and the food was delicious! The whole team at Butternut Farm really made us feel extra special that day, and helped us truly create a memory that we will never forget. I would definitely not hesitate to book with them. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the people you will be working with are even better.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Amanda S

Butternut Farms Golf Club is by far the best place to get married. From start to finish Hope and Erin made everything so easy and handled everything for me. Hope was great in getting us started with pricing and viewing the ceremony/reception space, she answered all our questions... Read More within 24 hours or less. She is amazing. Once, we switched from Hope to Erin for the wedding coordination everything was just as amazing. Erin took care of all our requests, helped us set up the ceremony/reception space and made sure everything went perfectly. I'll never forget after our first dance I mentioned that my feet were killing me and I needed to get out of my 4 in heels. Once I sat down Erin came over took off my heels and replaced them with my sandals. To me that is going above and beyond. Everyone is still raving about our wedding, the venue, and how amazing the staff and food was. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you all so much for making my wedding day even more special.

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Michael P

When Nicole and I looked for a wedding reception venue, we only had a few feelings of what we thought we wanted, not a detailed list. We visited hotels, golf clubs, rental halls and caterers. But it wasn't until we visited Butternut until we felt like we found the right place,... Read More the right people, and the right package to entrust our wedding celebration to. Hope and Erin made us feel like honored guests at our visit. There was never any pressure. It was clear what they offered and the combination of interior and exterior spaces, along with numerous customization options for everything from food to decor that were included made our choice that much easier. The main room is the ideal vaulted ceiling with beautiful lighting. The flow of the venue continues as a fireplace separates the space for perfect set up of a few fun activities (kids tables and photo booth). Beyond that the flow moves to the bar and the octagonal room with a second floor deck and view for all of our guests to watch formal pictures. The space was unmatched and met the needs of our guests perfectly by allowing people to spread out and enjoy the evening the way they wanted, while still being close enough to take in all we planned. As for the day itself, Erin and Hope worked with our vendors and took on all the responsibility. Nicole and I were able to step back, take in our wedding day, and take time with all our family and friends without worrying about any of the planned details. The staff made sure all of our little touches were set up and the presentation of the dining room, reception area, and activity corners were just as we hoped. Finally, the flexibility of the staff made our wedding day just what it needed to be. When we were a little early, we still got to see our space and our guests were accommodated in the lower bar and restaurant. When the time came, there was still plenty of food and drinks passed around including for our wedding party who was with us outside! This is a great place for a wedding celebration, day, evening and night. We would gladly trust our day to their very capable hands again. Thank you again Hope, Erin and all the staff! Michael and Nicole 9/25/2016

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Mike S

We still have people telling us how much they enjoyed our wedding at Butternut Farm Golf Club. From the grounds to the ballroom, this place was absolutely an amazing pick for us. More special than the actual venue though were the people we worked with. When you meet them, you'll... Read More instantly realize that Hope & Erin truly love what they do and appreciate every chance they get to provide a special day for couples that come their way. Our day was as special as could be and there is no doubt in my mind that we owe it all to the team here. It's hard to put into words, but we feel beyond lucky to have had our wedding here and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Melissa W

Seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Butternut Farm! They helped to make our wedding reception one of the best nights of our lives. From the very beginning, Hope and Erin made my husband and I feel so welcome and at ease throughout the planning... Read More process. They listen to our feedback, gave advice/insight based on their experience, but always made it clear that our wedding day was OUR day and they wanted to make our day as seamless, stress-free, and special as possible. It was easy to see that they both love what they do and really care about their clients. My guests raved about the venue and the food (the food is incredible) - but, more importantly to me, they talked about how wonderful and attentive the staff were to each of them. For example, I had a loved one who is confined to a wheelchair attending the reception. We had talked with Erin, who takes care of the logistics for the actual reception, about this when we put together our seating chart. I later learned that, during our reception, Erin continually checked in with her throughout the night to make sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed. For me, that extra care meant so much. As the event planner, Erin was extremely organized and super responsive, particularly with many jittery questions that I emailed in the days leading up to our wedding. She greeted us when we arrived and was on top of everything throughout the night without us even realizing it. I would highly recommend Butternut - we are so happy that we found them!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Christina C

I got married in October 2016 at Butternut Farm Golf Club and I can't recommend this venue enough. Not only is it a gorgeous location, Hope and Erin are incredible and will do everything possible to make sure your wedding is truly a dream come true. I had planned an outdoor... Read More ceremony and unfortunately, it poured the day of my wedding and we had to move the ceremony inside. I was worried the day wouldn't be what I imagined, but it was so much better. Erin put my fears to rest and I had a blast. I received so many compliments from friends and family on how friendly every member of the staff was and how delicious the meals were. Our wedding day could not have been any better and that is in large part due to Hope, Erin and the entire Butternut staff.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 courtney s

Butternut Farm is simply outstanding at what they do! My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding day went, all thanks to the amazing staff at Butternut! From our first visit with Hope, we knew this was our venue. Hope was warm, friendly and informative... Read More during our tour. She answered all of our questions that day, and all of our emails during the planning process too! Erin was also incredible during the planning, and the day of! From giving us plenty of time to set up our handmade ceremony arbor the day before, to unexpected changes to the ceremony due to weather, to requests during the reception, she was on top of every little thing that was asked of her. She and the day-of staff went absolutely above and beyond my expectations, making sure the chairs under the porch were still dry prior to our rainy ceremony under the octagonal room, to friendly service during all aspects of cocktail hour and dinner. They also took care of every other vendor drop-off/set up that day - I hardly spoke to the cake delivery, florist or DJ because Erin had it all under control! I truly can't say enough about their professionalism and how welcome they made all of our friends and family feel! The food and drinks were also amazing!! Our guests loved the fall menu inspired items like pretzels with beer dip, and fall crostinis, and the dessert apple crisp. The filet mignon was also a favorite entree item! We loved the fact that there were no hidden fees or surprise charges - linens, table numbers, the champagne toast, cake cutting - all of that was included in the cost we were told about upfront. There's also no "room rental fee" like you find with other venues. We really appreciated the transparency and honesty we found at Butternut Farm. The decor everywhere is beautiful - don't feel like you need to do much of anything to "dress it up".. the grille/bar, octagonal room and dining room are all very well-kept and photograph beautifully!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Anna M

Where do I even begin with describing how much I LOVE Butternut Farm and the amazing Hope, Erin and staff. I am an absolute control freak so the thought of letting someone who I didn't know in charge of the most important day of my life was a bit terrifying, however that... Read More changed when I met Hope. She was kind, attentive, so sweet and made me feel so comfortable that this would be the best day ever and they would all take care of it, and she was right. Erin is as detail oriented as I am and I knew that she would not let anything go wrong, and it didn't. My new husband and I, our guests were blown away by the food, the staff and how absolutely gorgeous everything was. I can't recommend this place enough. You won't regret having your best day ever at Butternut!!!

Meet The Director of Marketing

Hope Page

I am so happy to be the Director of Sales and Marketing for my Family's business since we started hosting weddings over twelve years ago. I love that we work together as a family to care for our couples to make their day the best it can be. I have my MBA from Babson College and undergraduate degree from Boston College. I spent a number of years working in marketing and sales for large corporations such as EMC and AT&T Capital. I really enjoy working with my family and knowing that we all care at the same high level.