Book Your Wedding with Butternut Farm Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN STOW, MA

The Green. Should couples choose to hold the ceremony on site, it can be flawlessly arranged on The Green. The couple is surrounded by natural beauty and has ample spots for one-of-a-kind, first-look photographs.

Heritage Room. Welcoming as many as 250 friends and family members, the Heritage Room is the ideal spot for hosting a reception. The gorgeous, vaulted ceilings make the room seem even more spacious, and the many windows offer a view of Wheeler Pond. This space is also equipped with a large dance floor for the end of the evening.

Octagonal Cocktail Lounge and Terrace. Couples that are interested in adding a cocktail hour can make use of the Octagonal Cocktail Lounge and Terrace. From this location, guests gaze over the pond, the covered bridge and ficus trees decorated with twinkling white lights. There's also ample space to mingle and watch the sunset.

The Butternut Farm Golf Club has several wedding packages from which to choose. All of the packages include free cake-cutting services, a complimentary food tasting for two and a choice of a champagne or white wine toast. The tables and chivalry chairs are also provided, along with ivory chair pads, floor-length linens and napkins in the color of your choice. Framed table numbers, glass hurricane lamps and white candles make for romantic centerpieces that all your guests will love. All staff adheres to a black-tie dress code.

After the food tasting, couples can select items from their traditional menu and seasonal menu to create a customized menu reflective of their family traditions and time of the year. All ideas are welcome, as the staff takes pleasure in making a wedding unique to each couple. A few of the popular hors d'oeuvres include spinach and feta triangles, scallops wrapped in bacon and petite filet on garlic toast. For the entree, you'll want to consider stuffed filet mignon, citrus grilled swordfish and chicken Florentine.

Two extra perks really put this venue at the top of the list. To start, the ladies of the wedding party are given access to a bridal suite, which can be used for photos, retouching makeup and taking a few minutes to just breathe. Later, the happy couple is treated to a complimentary round of golf so they can spend some time bonding and unwinding from their wedding day. Additional perks include:

• Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance
  • Wireless Internet service
  • No room or rental fee

The Heritage Room-NOW Available -Saturday 9-23-17!

Our award winning Heritage Room has been recognized year after year for our outstanding commitment to making our couples’ day the best it can be! We offer scenic views for you and up to 250 of your guests overlooking Wheeler Pond- where sunset pictures are amazing! You will fall in love with our vaulted ceiling ballroom, Octagonal Cocktail Lounge, Covered Bridge, raved about food & the warm, caring, above and beyond service from our family- The Pages! We host one event per day with onsite ceremonies for any weather. Our couples have the choice of selecting items from our seasonal menu & traditional menu to create a customized menu that is reflective of them and their time of the year! We offer cocktail wedding receptions too.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Country Club

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

115 Wheeler Road, Stow, MA (978) 897-3400

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Michael P

When Nicole and I looked for a wedding reception venue, we only had a few feelings of what we thought we wanted, not a detailed list. We visited hotels, golf clubs, rental halls and caterers. But it wasn't until we visited Butternut until we felt like we found the right place,... Read More the right people, and the right package to entrust our wedding celebration to. Hope and Erin made us feel like honored guests at our visit. There was never any pressure. It was clear what they offered and the combination of interior and exterior spaces, along with numerous customization options for everything from food to decor that were included made our choice that much easier. The main room is the ideal vaulted ceiling with beautiful lighting. The flow of the venue continues as a fireplace separates the space for perfect set up of a few fun activities (kids tables and photo booth). Beyond that the flow moves to the bar and the octagonal room with a second floor deck and view for all of our guests to watch formal pictures. The space was unmatched and met the needs of our guests perfectly by allowing people to spread out and enjoy the evening the way they wanted, while still being close enough to take in all we planned. As for the day itself, Erin and Hope worked with our vendors and took on all the responsibility. Nicole and I were able to step back, take in our wedding day, and take time with all our family and friends without worrying about any of the planned details. The staff made sure all of our little touches were set up and the presentation of the dining room, reception area, and activity corners were just as we hoped. Finally, the flexibility of the staff made our wedding day just what it needed to be. When we were a little early, we still got to see our space and our guests were accommodated in the lower bar and restaurant. When the time came, there was still plenty of food and drinks passed around including for our wedding party who was with us outside! This is a great place for a wedding celebration, day, evening and night. We would gladly trust our day to their very capable hands again. Thank you again Hope, Erin and all the staff! Michael and Nicole 9/25/2016

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Samantha Z

I can't put into words how AMAZING this venue is!!! From the start to the finish, this amazing staff was hands down the best to work with! Erin and Hope are the kindest, most caring, most organized wedding planners you could ever ask for! They are prompt in responding to emails,... Read More flexible, cooperative, understanding, fun and all around excellent!! The place is gorgeous, food is tremendous! I can't rave about this place enough!! It was the best night of our lives! Everything ran smooth, we can't thank you and your team enough for a job well done!! What an amazing night we had at Butternut Farms!! It is truly spectacular! My dreams came true, and we owe you the biggest thank you ever!

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Erica R

From the moment my fiance and I walked in to Butternut Farm, we KNEW this was the place for us. The venue and the grounds are absolutely beautiful but the staff are truly what sets this venue apart from the others. Butternut is a family owned and operated business and the pride... Read More and passion they have made us 1000% confident that they would do everything they could to make our day magical, which is really was. Hope Page (Sales) is one of the sweetest women I've ever met. She was so helpful as well as patient and accommodating during the entire process. She just put us at ease with everything so when it was time for her to turn things over to Erin Page (Coordinator), I was sad! Then Erin just BLEW ME AWAY. She and her staff were absolutely amazing and did everything they could to make our day absolutely perfect and we just can't say enough about them. We were married on May 21st and the weather allowed for us to hold our ceremony outside which was so, so beautiful. Our guests loved the hexagon room for cocktail hour and the gorgeous reception room and are still raving about how beautiful and seamless everything was. Choosing a venue can be extremely stressful...until you meet with the Page family at Butternut and all your worries are gone. I would HIGHLY recommend choosing Butternut as the place to start the rest of your lives together. The Page family will forever hold a special place in our hearts and we will be visiting them soon for lunch and some golf! :)

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Genevieve C

I am SO happy my sister in law recommended Butternut Farm to us as a venue. We fell in love with Butternut during our first visit. The grounds and building are obviously beautiful, but the staff is what makes Butternut a step above the rest. Hope was fantastic and Denise was... Read More simply a rock star on my wedding day. She made sure that all of my wedding day requests were taken care of and every detail was perfect. She was always available via email or cell during the time leading up to our wedding to answer questions and help with the planning. Incredibly organized and thorough. One of my favorites memories from our wedding was after our church ceremony when Denise brought us upstairs to see the room before the guests came up. I broke down in tears seeing how she had totally captured my vision and everything looked even BETTER than I could have ever imagined. I already had complete confidence and peace of mind going into my wedding day because everyone at Butternut was just so professional and helpful throughout the entire planning process, and you could tell they were "invested" in their couples as people. The entire staff was friendly and efficient, too. Their recommended vendors did not disappoint either. My guests are still raving about the whole wedding experience at Butternut. If you decide to have your wedding at Butternut, you will not be disappointed. Couldn't have asked for more!! I will be forever grateful for our amazing wedding memories.

Reviewed on 9/22/2017 Laura W

I don't even know where to begin! EVERYTHING about our 09/09/17 wedding at Butternut was absolutely amazing! Right from the first time we met with Hope, Rob and I knew we had to book our wedding here. Hope was so inviting and so friendly, she put all of our worries about... Read More planning a wedding at ease! She was incredibly responsive to any questions we had and always got back to us within minutes of sending emails. Once we booked our wedding and started the actual planning process, we started working with Erin who is equally amazing. She was also incredibly responsive to emails and put our minds at ease with any questions we had. This woman knows what she is doing! The venue is absolutely beautiful and very well maintained. The food is incredible - we had filet mignon and stuffed chicken for our meals at the wedding and both were so delicious. The filet was cooked perfectly which can be hard to do with a large crowd. So many guests came up and told me how delicious the hors d'oeuvres and all of the main meals were. The staff was super friendly. The bartenders were great. Erin kept everything on schedule the night of the wedding and was there for our every need. I can't recommend Butternut enough! There is no way I could have gotten married anywhere else!

Reviewed on 9/07/2017 Carla C

I cannot say enough wonderful things about butternut farm. From my first visit with Hope I knew this place was the one. Hope and Carol are two of the kindest most patient people you'll ever meet. They helped me out with all sorts of questions and details and made the whole... Read More experience wonderful. The day of our wedding everything was perfect!!! Our guests all talked about how much they loved the food and how beautiful the venue was. My wedding was everything I hoped it would be and more !!

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Courtney F

So beautiful!!! What a great golf course! Hope and Erin were amazing and answered all of my silly questions!! They were always available and helped to make the wedding reception a dream come true! The food was out of this world and the staff so good!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Angela B

I am speechless when thinking about how amazing the wedding night was at Butternut! From the beginning of all the planning Hope and Erin made the experience easy and enjoyable. I fell in love with the family business and the character of the venue. Leading up to the day, Erin... Read More and Hope were very responsive to all our questions. I loved that the morning of setting up, Erin was there to help out and give suggestions and also peace of mind that the day would go smoothly. And boy did it go smoothly. Erin checked on my in the bridal sweet and even arranged for me to see the beautiful room before all the guests. After the ceremony Erin and her wait staff treated us like royalty, from holding my bouquet to delivering drinks they went above and beyond. All the guests commented on how great the service was and how delicious the apps and entrees were! The entire night was amazing and would not have been possible if it was not for the people at Butternut Farm! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Lauren L

We are so happy we chose Butternut Farm as our wedding venue! Everything was so beautiful and all of our guests loved the grounds and everything about the location. We got lucky with the weather and had a gorgeous day which allowed us to have our ceremony outside and get some... Read More amazing photos on the greens with the scenery behind us. This is a really great venue for an outdoor wedding with so many photo spots. We got many compliments from our guests on the food (hors d'oeuvres especially!), the bartender Sarah, our day of wedding coordinator Carol, and just the whole place and the staff in general. Both Hope and Carol were excellent to work with throughout the whole planning process. Hope was very informative since day one when she showed us the venue and Carol was great at helping us out with every last minute detail up until the day before the wedding. They were both very responsive to emails and always sent back quick replies. We also felt very comfortable having Carol be in charge of the wedding day as she knew what she was doing and had everything under control, including taking care of the coordinating between all of our different vendors. Butternut Farm really made wedding planning a lot less stressful than it could have been and we highly recommend it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Bill K

We could not have asked for a better venue to host our Wedding Day! There are beautiful locations all over Massachusetts, but the value of what Butternut Farm brings to the table far exceeds anything we found.... and we scouted over 30 locations! From the moment we sat down... Read More with Hope and Erin (event planners), they made us feel so welcome. We even felt that they truly wanted to be part of our special day, which became even more evident when shortly after leaving our initial meeting, we received an email where Hope thanked us for coming and told us how much she would be honored to hose our wedding. Many of the tours we took were informative, but just factual and impersonal, talking about cost options, where you stand, where you eat, and generally what to expect. Hope and Erin took the time to hear about who we were, when we met, what we envisioned for our day... it was so much more meaningful from the very beginning. Butternut Farm was actually the first place we looked at... every other tour only made it more clear that BF was the only place for us. We married on a beautiful fall day in October, and everything was as perfect as we could have expected. I could go on and on about how wonderful the atmosphere, food, service, bartenders, golf course, and everything were... but you have to see for yourself! If you are thinking of getting married here, look no further. I promise you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Bill K

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Janell L

Butternut Farm exceeded our expectations as our wedding venue! The wedding coordinators (Hope & Erin) are two of the kindest women who helped me so much along the way as well as the wedding day/night! The grounds were beautiful, the food was delicious, and the staff was amazing!... Read More We had the best day and our guests could not stop raving about how amazing the venue was! I would recommend this venue to anyone looking for the BEST day ever!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Winnie T

We got married this past April and it was absolutely wonderful. Hope and Erin exceeded our expectations. From the very first meeting when we first toured the venue we absolutely fell in love with not only the venue itself, but with the warmth that Hope welcomed us with. In the... Read More months leading up to the wedding any questions we had were answered via email very quickly, and working closely with Erin we created a day that turned out even better than we could've expected. We went ahead with our menu without doing any tastings because of all the great reviews, and the food was delicious! The whole team at Butternut Farm really made us feel extra special that day, and helped us truly create a memory that we will never forget. I would definitely not hesitate to book with them. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the people you will be working with are even better.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Amanda S

Butternut Farms Golf Club is by far the best place to get married. From start to finish Hope and Erin made everything so easy and handled everything for me. Hope was great in getting us started with pricing and viewing the ceremony/reception space, she answered all our questions... Read More within 24 hours or less. She is amazing. Once, we switched from Hope to Erin for the wedding coordination everything was just as amazing. Erin took care of all our requests, helped us set up the ceremony/reception space and made sure everything went perfectly. I'll never forget after our first dance I mentioned that my feet were killing me and I needed to get out of my 4 in heels. Once I sat down Erin came over took off my heels and replaced them with my sandals. To me that is going above and beyond. Everyone is still raving about our wedding, the venue, and how amazing the staff and food was. I couldn't have asked for a better day. Thank you all so much for making my wedding day even more special.

Reviewed on 1/30/2017 Mike S

We still have people telling us how much they enjoyed our wedding at Butternut Farm Golf Club. From the grounds to the ballroom, this place was absolutely an amazing pick for us. More special than the actual venue though were the people we worked with. When you meet them, you'll... Read More instantly realize that Hope & Erin truly love what they do and appreciate every chance they get to provide a special day for couples that come their way. Our day was as special as could be and there is no doubt in my mind that we owe it all to the team here. It's hard to put into words, but we feel beyond lucky to have had our wedding here and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Melissa W

Seriously cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff at Butternut Farm! They helped to make our wedding reception one of the best nights of our lives. From the very beginning, Hope and Erin made my husband and I feel so welcome and at ease throughout the planning... Read More process. They listen to our feedback, gave advice/insight based on their experience, but always made it clear that our wedding day was OUR day and they wanted to make our day as seamless, stress-free, and special as possible. It was easy to see that they both love what they do and really care about their clients. My guests raved about the venue and the food (the food is incredible) - but, more importantly to me, they talked about how wonderful and attentive the staff were to each of them. For example, I had a loved one who is confined to a wheelchair attending the reception. We had talked with Erin, who takes care of the logistics for the actual reception, about this when we put together our seating chart. I later learned that, during our reception, Erin continually checked in with her throughout the night to make sure she was comfortable and had everything she needed. For me, that extra care meant so much. As the event planner, Erin was extremely organized and super responsive, particularly with many jittery questions that I emailed in the days leading up to our wedding. She greeted us when we arrived and was on top of everything throughout the night without us even realizing it. I would highly recommend Butternut - we are so happy that we found them!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Christina C

I got married in October 2016 at Butternut Farm Golf Club and I can't recommend this venue enough. Not only is it a gorgeous location, Hope and Erin are incredible and will do everything possible to make sure your wedding is truly a dream come true. I had planned an outdoor... Read More ceremony and unfortunately, it poured the day of my wedding and we had to move the ceremony inside. I was worried the day wouldn't be what I imagined, but it was so much better. Erin put my fears to rest and I had a blast. I received so many compliments from friends and family on how friendly every member of the staff was and how delicious the meals were. Our wedding day could not have been any better and that is in large part due to Hope, Erin and the entire Butternut staff.

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 courtney s

Butternut Farm is simply outstanding at what they do! My husband and I could not have been happier with how our wedding day went, all thanks to the amazing staff at Butternut! From our first visit with Hope, we knew this was our venue. Hope was warm, friendly and informative... Read More during our tour. She answered all of our questions that day, and all of our emails during the planning process too! Erin was also incredible during the planning, and the day of! From giving us plenty of time to set up our handmade ceremony arbor the day before, to unexpected changes to the ceremony due to weather, to requests during the reception, she was on top of every little thing that was asked of her. She and the day-of staff went absolutely above and beyond my expectations, making sure the chairs under the porch were still dry prior to our rainy ceremony under the octagonal room, to friendly service during all aspects of cocktail hour and dinner. They also took care of every other vendor drop-off/set up that day - I hardly spoke to the cake delivery, florist or DJ because Erin had it all under control! I truly can't say enough about their professionalism and how welcome they made all of our friends and family feel! The food and drinks were also amazing!! Our guests loved the fall menu inspired items like pretzels with beer dip, and fall crostinis, and the dessert apple crisp. The filet mignon was also a favorite entree item! We loved the fact that there were no hidden fees or surprise charges - linens, table numbers, the champagne toast, cake cutting - all of that was included in the cost we were told about upfront. There's also no "room rental fee" like you find with other venues. We really appreciated the transparency and honesty we found at Butternut Farm. The decor everywhere is beautiful - don't feel like you need to do much of anything to "dress it up".. the grille/bar, octagonal room and dining room are all very well-kept and photograph beautifully!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Anna M

Where do I even begin with describing how much I LOVE Butternut Farm and the amazing Hope, Erin and staff. I am an absolute control freak so the thought of letting someone who I didn't know in charge of the most important day of my life was a bit terrifying, however that... Read More changed when I met Hope. She was kind, attentive, so sweet and made me feel so comfortable that this would be the best day ever and they would all take care of it, and she was right. Erin is as detail oriented as I am and I knew that she would not let anything go wrong, and it didn't. My new husband and I, our guests were blown away by the food, the staff and how absolutely gorgeous everything was. I can't recommend this place enough. You won't regret having your best day ever at Butternut!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Katie P

Butternut Farm Golf Club was a dream venue come true. They pay attention to every little detail in helping make your day perfect. Wedding planning is a very chaotic time and Erin and Hope are so responsive to any questions you have. They're true professionals. The food was... Read More excellent, service was excellent, and they accommodated to any need we had. If we were to do this again, we would chose Butternut. They're truly the best.

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Stephanie D

I am so happy and grateful to the staff at Butternut for helping my wedding day run so smoothly! As someone who never put much thought into how many details went into a wedding, I was pretty much clueless at the initial stages of wedding planning. Our first meeting was with... Read More Hope, who kindly walked us through the venue. She was very friendly and genuinely excited about our big day! Both the inside cocktail and reception area and outside ceremony grounds were so beautiful and barely needed decorations! Since our wedding date was November 19th, we learned that the venue could be used no matter the weather as they had a ceremony area we could use inside as well. After deciding on Butternut for our venue, we worked with Erin who was the best coordinator we could have asked for! We met with her to go over a wedding detailing sheet and timeline which were so helpful to get me thinking of every detail and setting deadlines for final lists and decisions. The day of the wedding, we were so lucky to have an almost 60 degree day and have the ceremony outdoors! :) I basically just showed up. The staff set up the tables, Erin communicated with the vendors as flowers and cake were delivered and made sure everything was on schedule so I was able to enjoy my day! All of my family and friends loved the venue and the food! We will never forget what magical day it was!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Catelyn S

From the first time I saw Butternut I knew that I wanted to get married there and we could not have been happier with our choice! Hope and Erin made planning a wedding so easy. I never felt like I was alone in the process of planning. Our wedding day was perfect! From the time... Read More we arrived at the venue Erin was there to handle everything. I have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. The food was not your typical wedding food, it was hot and cooked perfectly. We had the chicken saltimboca and the prime rib and it was amazing! The wait staff was pleasant and attentive. My husband and I could have not asked for a better day! You will not go wrong with choosing Butternut Farm Golf Club as your wedding venue!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Christina P

The venue at Butternut Farm is amazing! The golf club itself is so gorgeous and quaint, in the beautiful town of Stow, MA. It's especially beautiful in the fall. It's not your average country club- it feels so much more personal. The reception room is not only beautiful itself ,... Read More but also has an amazing view of the grounds behind it (including a lake surrounded by trees.) Butternut has three options for ceremony locations, so you can't go wrong if it rains. But the venue itself would be nothing without the amazing staff who run it. We went to look at Butternut and loved it. Hope greeted us immediately. She was so informative, kind, and personable. She answered literally every question we had before we had the chance to ask it. She let us put a hold on the venue for our date and would let us know if anyone else became interested before we officially booked it. She was so responsive, honest, and helpful throughout the entire planning process. We then met Erin, Hope's sister-in-law, who is the function manager. She is equally as kind, personable, responsive, etc. She was present throughout the wedding and was by our sides whenever we needed her. She went above and beyond her job description to help make sure the day went by smoothly! She made sure the timeline went correctly , and always gave us the choice if we wanted her to stick to it or not. For example- I did not want our pictures to take longer than 1 hour. She made sure to keep us and the photographer on track. She did things I've never seen another wedding planner do. She pinned the boutonnieres (probably when she realized no one knew what they were doing) , and she even made me a "throw bouquet" last minute during the wedding. I heard many comments saying how well organized the wedding was and how efficient Erin and the rest of the staff was. And the best part of Butternut and it's staff.. They make getting married a breeze. They are exceptional, and experts in what they do. Our day was perfect, thanks to them!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Marissa B

If I could give this place 100 stars I would. Erin and Hope and the whole staff was just amazing to work with, this was the only venue we looked at and right off we knew we didn't have to look anywhere else. Our outside ceremony was beautiful and you could definitely tell that... Read More the whole staff was professionals and have done this several times before, they knew what they were doing. The food was fantastic, the drinks were delicious and the service was fantastic. I could talk on and on about how great this place is but I don't have that much room. I would DEFINITELY recommend this venue to any couple looking for the perfect place to have their wedding. Even if it rains (which it didn't on my wedding day THANK GOD!) they are extremely accommodating and the best part is they are 100% committed into making sure that your day is the best ever! They made it all about you and even if there is something you want that they can't do, they will do everything in their power to make sure to do it in some way! I am absolutely thrilled with how our day went - make sure to check out their Facebook page for other GREAT reviews.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jill T

In our search for our wedding venue, the last place we expected to select for our special day was a country club but we are very glad that we chose Butternut Farm. They were the only place we visited that gave the option of "reserving" a specific date without any immediate... Read More obligations. Hope was great giving us a tour and informing us of all the choices we would have and how the wedding could be setup throughout the venue. The outside grounds, although covered with snow at the time, were beautiful on our wedding. The ceremony and reception space were tastefully decorated and only needed small touches to personalize the space. Butternut was very accommodating with the food selections and even granted our special request for a personal pizza for the bride. Erin was super helpful throughout the planning process. She answered all my emails in a timely manner and beyond helpful the day of the rehearsal and especially on our wedding day. All of the staff were great and very attentive. They say you don't get a chance to eat on your wedding day but the staff at Butternut made sure that we and our bridal party were well fed and adequately hydrated! We have heard so many good things from many guests about how great the wedding was and how nice the venue was too. If we had to do it all over again we wouldn't think of doing it anywhere else but Butternut Farm!!

Meet The Director of Marketing

Hope Page

I am so happy to be the Director of Sales and Marketing for my Family's business since we started hosting weddings over eleven years ago. I love that we work together as a family to care for our couples to make their day the best it can be. I have my MBA from Babson College and undergraduate degree from Boston College. I spent a number of years working in marketing and sales for large corporations such as EMC and AT&T Capital. I really enjoy working with my family and knowing that we all care at the same high level.