Creating the Perfect Tone for Your Wedding.

An experienced DJ, musician, and self-confessed audio addict, Byrne Rock knows music. Whether itโ€™s packing the dance floor at your reception, accompanying you down the aisle with the perfect song or keeping dinner conversation lively, Byrne will create the perfect tone for your wedding!

$$ โ€“ Affordable

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Austin & Central Texas (512) 736-6172

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Tov P

We just got married last night and were so happy with DJ Byrne Rock that we just had to write this review today! Byrne kept the music flowing all night and there was never a moment where the dance floor was empty. He totally felt out the mood of the crowd and catered to it -... Read More and it paid off because we got a ton of compliments on the music and the DJ! Booking: We met with Byrne nearly a year ago to discuss hiring him. We got coffee at Austin Java and had a laid back conversation where we got a feel for his methods. We liked that his style was to pay attention to what the attendees were liking and to make music selections organically. We also liked that he was super affordable! Song selection: Byrne sent us an extensive list of songs broken down by genre, including a "most frequently requested" and "most frequently requested do not play list." We picked some songs we wanted played and some we really didn't want. We also gave him our favorite genres. The wedding: Byrne followed our lists and played every song we requested. He also filled in with a bunch of songs that fell within the genres we liked. When I asked him to play "Return of the Mack" he told me he planned to play it a bit later when the crowd was ready for it - and he was totally right. He picked the perfect time. When my friend requested a song, he actually played it - which I have found rarely happens at weddings. Everybody had an awesome time dancing! Other stuff: We had some friends and family perform music and speak during the ceremony. Byrne provided the extra mics and speakers necessary for a reasonable rate and made sure it was all set up ahead of time We can't say enough good things about DJ Byrne Rock and highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Gracie R

Our daughter and Son-In-Law,, were married at Barton Creek Resort and Spa this July. Their wedding was a destination wedding and we had no contacts or knew what vendors to use for photographery, DJ, etc... We saw a good review on The Knot.Com about Bryne Rock DJ. We cannot say... Read More enough wonderful things about Eddie our DJ. He went above and beyond meeting with us and then again testing out the sound equipment at the rehearsal the Friday night before the wedding, a true spirit of excellence and professionalism. Being that we were out of town it made us feel very confident and worry free! Thank you Eddie for helping us achieve the feel we wanted for the wedding and getting everyone on the dance floor and celebrating Gracie & Bryce!

So.much.fun!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Beth K

Jesse, a DJ with Byrne Rock, recently killed it at our wedding. He was laid-back, professional, and intuitively knew how to work the crowd. Both Jesse and Byrne were incredibly accommodating, fun, and friendly during the entire pre-wedding/planning process. We knew immediately... Read More upon meeting with them that Jesse was the perfect fit for our day. For those that are concerned about expenses (we were!), stop searching right now - these guys are it! Byrne is affordable and reliable and includes items in his overall fee that would be charged separately elsewhere. The cost was not the most important factor to us, but to find an incredible DJ for a reasonable price was oh so sweet. About a month before the wedding, Byrne contacted us to ask about music choices for the ceremony, reception, etc. I wanted to surprise my husband with an obscure song and Byrne assured me that they would find a way to play it, even though I didn't even request it until a week or so before our wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive/communicative DJ. During the reception, Jesse had EVERYONE out on the dance floor (even my husband's 85 year old grandfather!). He knew exactly what style of music to play and seamlessly blended Top 40 hits with some of our more obscure requests. To me, a DJ is hugely important to the overall atmosphere of a wedding and Jesse ensured that ours was absolutely fantastic - from the song I talked about in my vows that he later played to the ode to the Longhorns' win over West Virginia - everything was perfect! He was not in the least overbearing or cheesy (which I've experienced at friends' weddings) and ensured that the overall mood of the celebration was relaxed, fun, and just a little bit crazy (though that last part is due in large part to my insane family). Jesse - thank you so much for making our day wonderful. We couldn't have found a better or more talented person for our day.

Reviewed on 4/23/2017 Kelsey M

Byrne was the DJ for my wedding and he did a fabulous job. He was very helpful with figuring out a timeline of events for the reception and was able to get all the music I requested for the special dances and walking down the aisle. He answered all emails in a timely manner and... Read More was great to work with!!!

2017-04-24T11:24:02 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for allowing me to be part of your big day!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Giuliana C

Byrne was an amazing Dj for our wedding! He came highly recommended by our wedding planner, and I know why. He worked so well with us and was so flexible throughout the planning process, always quick to answer any of my questions. Half way through wedding planning, we had to... Read More move to Minnesota, so I was very nervous not getting to meet any of my vendors in person until the day of my wedding. Byrne was SO helpful, had a wonderful song list already composed which helped me narrow down our choices so much quicker. To top it off, my husband and I could not agree on a song for our first dance, and Byrne worked to combine the two songs we wanted into one custom song. It turned out perfect, and now we can say that our first dance was unique to us, which makes it even more special. I had COUNTLESS compliments on the music and how fun the reception was. I even had another friend of my who is getting married in December ask for the playlist. Byrne did an amazing job MCing the night. He was noticeable without being the center of attention. He kept all of the attention on us and the events taking place throughout the reception, and kept the evening flowing perfectly. Thank you so much Byrne for making our reception so much fun and a night to remember!

2017-04-22T14:47:15 Response from the vendor

So great to hear you had as much fun as I did! We more than made up for the wet weather. :)

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Lori C

My husband and I hired Byrne to DJ our wedding in March. We decided to hire him because he was very knowledgeable about dj-ing weddings in Austin and music in general. He is great at communication and will get back to you quickly if you e-mail him with questions or concerns,... Read More which is definitely something you want when planning a big event. And the best part is that he is super chill and keeps the party going without being over the top. Actually, the best part is that he is all of those things while being reasonably priced! We are huge music lovers/snobs and the music at our reception was really important to us. During our initial meeting, we mentioned a specific song that we loved. We didn't bring it up again or make any special note about it on the list of songs we sent in, but Byrne remembered and played it for us as we were leaving the reception. We also sent Byrne a list of songs that would fill 6 hours, even though the reception only lasted 3 1/2, but he knew exactly what songs to play to put people in the right mood and keep everything upbeat. We had multiple guests mention that the DJ was killing it and that the music was giving them life! We were really happy with our choice to hire Byrne and wouldn't hesitate to hire him again!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Cara W

Byrne not only has the best name ever, but he is an amazing DJ! From day one of meeting him, he was very polite, humble, and a great listener. He was great about listening to our VERY different taste in music and, with a few examples of songs and artists that we like, was able... Read More to come up with a dynamic and lively playlist. Byrne was great at communicating, and we always felt like a priority to him. During the wedding and reception, he ran everything smoothly, and we never had to worry about what songs were being played, songs starting on time, or how loud the music was, everything was perfect. Choosing Byrne as our wedding DJ proved to be one of the best decisions we made, and we couldnโ€™t have been happier.

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Katie S

We used Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service for our wedding in October. Byrne was able to put us in touch with a DJ that was a great fit for our event. Our DJ, Chris Cortinas was great to work with. He was personable and accommodating. The playlist he curated for our event was a... Read More perfect fit for our personality. After one meeting with him, he was able to get a feel for the type of music we wanted at our reception (and more importantly, the music we didn't want). In a day full of chaos, it was helpful to not need to give the music a second thought. Chris was there when we needed him and kept the party moving all night. Everything we asked for was right on queue. I would recommend using Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service and Chris Cortinas for any event.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Sev T

We had a great experience with DJ Byrne! Byrne did a great job figuring out the right vibe for our wedding and made great selections for the pre-ceremony, dinner, and dancing music. He was prompt and meticulous about having everything set up correctly for our space and... Read More needs.

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Kellie C

Byrne was exactly what my husband and I were looking for in a DJ. He was interested in who we were as a couple and how we wanted our night to be. He never tried to sell us on anything extra, nor did he veer off from our agreed upon plan for the night. Our guests loved the music... Read More at our wedding and still mention how great our DJ was!!

Reviewed on 12/21/2016 Abby W

With a God given name like Byrne Rock, you know this guy is following his destiny. He was DJ for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. He was professional, easy to work with and most of all FUN! I even overheard some of the waitstaff at our wedding saying he had one... Read More of the best playlists they had ever heard at a wedding. I would definitely recommend Byrne for any event and especially a wedding.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Alice Y

We were so fortunate to have Byrne Rock DJ our wedding. He was incredibly courteous, kind, and professional during the entire planning process and listened patiently to all of our ideas. We gave him a playlist with freedom to be creative throughout the evening and he nailed it.... Read More Byrne did an amazing job adjusting the playlist and reading the crowd. I felt at ease during our entire wedding knowing that we were in good hands. We received many compliments on the great song selections throughout the evening. We couldn't have asked for a better, more talented DJ. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsey S

Byrne DJ'ed for our wedding this past weekend (Sunday October 9th), and he was amazing!! He was very easy to communicate with while preparing. I gave him a pretty expansive song list and a specific set of announcements because we wanted to do a variety of special dances... Read More (including the Aggie War Hymn, a Pacific Island Mwaie, and the Horrah) and he executed them flawlessly. Also, our dance party was amazing! Byrne brought and set up extra lighting and it was great! I would definitely recommend him as a DJ for any type of event!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

DJ Byrne Rock was very laid back and cool to work with! He is professional and experienced so we didn't have to spend a lot of time to explain what type of music we wanted for our big day. He also helped our wedding day run smoothly even with some last minute changes in our... Read More schedule! Thanks for being part of our big day Byrne!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

Byrne was an absolute pro. Easy to deal with from start to finish. He had answers to all of our questions and suggestions on how to make our wedding day the best day it could be. Music selection and sound quality was fantastic. He was great at working with us on our ceremony... Read More music and reception. Playing a perfect mix of stuff we requested and adding some great choices to the mix. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Alexi B

So glad we had Byrne as our DJ for our wedding! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Byrne was easy to work with and quick to reply to any questions. We would highly recommend Byrne Rock to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jena S

DJ Byrne did a wonderful job at our wedding. We had a day wedding so we weren't looking to provide a rambunctious party and Byrne was able to match the music with the exact atmosphere of the day. Thank you Byrne!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Lauren L

My husband and I had Cooper DJ at our wedding reception in April. The music flow was awesome and he managed to get just about everyone on the dance floor (even my grandmother!) . We continue to get compliments on how great he was, even months later! Good, consistent... Read More communication with him and Byrne leading up to the event as well. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Audrey W

We recently had our wedding in April and were recommended to Byrne Rock DJ Service by our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have been any happier with their service. Jessie was our DJ and he was super helpful throughout the entire process- he stayed in touch with me leading up... Read More to the wedding and was absolutely fantastic at our wedding. We received lots of compliments with his music choices and he made sure everyone was having a great time and staying on the dance floor. He helped make our wedding reception perfect and I would highly recommend Byrne Rock if you are looking for a DJ in the area :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Hiring DJ Byrne Rock for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire planning process. I consider myself somewhat of a dunce when it comes to music, but Byrne was so easy to work with that it didn't seem to matter! His communication leading up to... Read More the big day was always prompt, gracious, and informative. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and helped me figure out some of the timeline logistics when other vendors seemed unwilling to give me guidance. Byrne was able to put together all of the different moods of the evening perfectly. Our ceremony music was just what we wanted, when we wanted it (he took initiative to speak to our minister beforehand so that the cues were right). We had a small, outdoor wedding and the music during cocktail hour and dinner was exactly what I had requested: background music that could easily be talked over while providing a "garden party" feeling. For dancing, my husband wanted '80s pop and I wanted some old crooner standards from the '40s and '50s. I couldn't really imagine how those two styles could be mixed, but DJ Byrne Rock knocked it out of the park! He played every song that we had specifically asked for (and somehow played them at times when we were able to get out and dance) and he mixed everything together perfectly. There were always people on the dance floor and I don't think he ever resorted to using any of the top 40s pop that I was dreading. I really can't imagine the music being any better. We have all been to those weddings where the DJ seems intent on up-staging the bride and groom and I am so happy to say that I never felt that way at my wedding! Byrne's announcements were informative, jovial, and BRIEF! In my opinion, that is exactly what one wants out of a wedding DJ! The best thing that Byrne did for our wedding (and me!), came about half-way through the night. We were running WAY behind our timeline for the evening (totally our own fault) and I was starting to freak out a bit. Byrne caught my eye and came over to chat. I started to apologize, ready to spin out with anxiety, but he answered me with the most gentle, calming voice and immediately put me at ease. He gave me two options for how we could structure the rest of the night and then gave me his opinion of which he thought would be better. I went with his preferred plan (which worked out perfectly - always take Byrne's opinion!) and I never felt that he was in any way anxious or annoyed. He calmed me down so much that I was able to move on to the next part of the night without any more anxiety at all. If I ever need a DJ again, I won't even consider anyone else! DJ Byrne Rock is the best!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Megan C

We were beyond please with Byrne Rock! He came highly recommended by our wedding planner, Byrne was the only DJ we met with! We had a very specific vision of what we wanted and what we didn't want in a DJ for our wedding! We wanted great music with out the cheesy DJ... Read More announcements, when I said this to my wedding planner she immediate said Byrne Rock is your guy! He provided music for our outdoor ceremony/drink and dinner reception and indoor dancing. Byrne was wonderful, extremely professional and provided a great soundtrack to our wedding day! We gave him some genres we like and he did the rest of the work and we were very pleased! Working with Byrne was seamless, stress free and a lot of fun! He knows what he is doing, you can't go wrong with hiring him!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Bryanna B

DJ Byrne was so fricken awesome. The wedding was so much fun and people were constantly dancing thanks to him. He made the day a great party and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Byrne rocks, and I definitely recommend his work .

2016-05-13T19:40:01 Response from the vendor

Love it! Thanks so much for the kind words. ๐Ÿ˜€

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Byrne Rock! He provided his services for a Special Olympics soccer tournament. He created such a fun and happy environment for our athletes. He was incredibly professional, responsive, punctual, reliable, and so easy to work with! I... Read More would wholeheartedly recommend Byrne to friends and family without reservation.

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Byrne Rock was awesome from start to finish! Cooper was our DJ and from day one he was professional and attentive to exactly what we wanted for our reception. Played everything on our list, plus we asked for songs throughout the night that he queued up immediately. I got... Read More compliments on him all night long. Ask for COOPER. He was truly great. I'd hire Byrne Rock again in a heartbeat. 5 stars. Period.

2016-04-19T16:49:37 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear that. Cooper really knows how to put down a mix!

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

We loved Jesse! We had DJ Jesse at our fully outdoor wedding this past weekend and he did a great job with the music at the cocktail hour, dinner and reception! we gave him a few ideas and he ran with it and kept the dance floor packed! He downloaded special Scottish dance... Read More songs to play for us at the end and was so helpful and open and honest with us throughout planning on the whole process. He was so laid back and completely appropriate on the mic (we have seen some cringe weddings!) We recommend DJ Jesse!

2016-04-10T09:31:42 Response from the vendor

Jesse's the best! I only wish we could have gotten him to wear a kilt. :)

Byrne Rock

Byrne Rock DJ Service has been rocking parties in Central Texas for over 10 years! Byrne Rock's experience as a musician and DJ has given him a keen sense for how people react to music.