Creating the Perfect Tone for Your Wedding.

An experienced DJ, musician, and self-confessed audio addict, Byrne Rock knows music. Whether it’s packing the dance floor at your reception, accompanying you down the aisle with the perfect song or keeping dinner conversation lively, Byrne will create the perfect tone for your wedding!

Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indian, Jazz, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Austin & Central Texas (512) 736-6172

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Andrea L

We HIGHLY recommend Byrne. He intuitively discerned our musical preferences based on initial conversations and communicated well to collaborate throughout the wedding planning process. He even spent close to an hour on the phone with me the week of the wedding to finalize our... Read More timeline and musical selection for the reception. We provided him with a short list of artists and specific songs on a do/do not play list, and he curated an amazing set that aligned with our tastes (while never once veering into the “do not playlist” territory). Furthermore, he read the crowd beautifully during the reception, used seamless transitions, and attracted almost all of our guests (including my teen cousin and grandmother) to the dance floor for the entire evening! As bride and groom, our foremost desire was to honor the friends and family who support us and to create an experience where all guests felt welcome. Byrne was integral in realizing this vision for the reception. Personally and professionally, Byrne is responsible, organized, kind, and easy going. We have the sweetest memories of dancing to our favorite songs with our favorite people on our wedding night. We only wish we could offer Byrne a residency at our house for a weekly block party!

Reviewed on 2/22/2018 Nicole T

Byrne was so incredibly easy to work with! He gave us a guideline to go by for any help that we may have needed and stayed in contact with us checking in to see if we needed help or anything at all from him. He was so understanding of my "I really want these songs played but... Read More really don't want any of these" and was more than happy to help with all of that. He did our ceremony music too and just made it all so easy for us! He was awesome to work with!

2018-02-22T20:49:22 Response from the vendor

It was awesome to help bring your vision to life! :)

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Jennifer T

We got married on 8/12/17 and Byrne was our DJ at the Horshoe Bay Resort Yacht Club. Byrne is so easy to get along with and so much fun to work with! He made us a customized first dance song that was a mashup of different songs and it came out PERFECTLY. He is seriously so... Read More talented and I have had MULTIPLE friends say to me that it was the best wedding playlist they'd ever heard, not even exaggerating. He is very talented at reading the crowd and seeing what would go great next in the moment for all ages. Everything ran so smoothly and it was perfect. I requested several things that weren't on his sample list and he was able to play anything we wanted. We asked for contemporary Christian music at dinner, and he connected to a Spotify playlist I had and played that which was perfect. My husband's family is from Portugal and he played several Portuguese songs for us that were a hit for all the guests! If I could give Byrne 1000 stars I seriously would. He ROCKS! pun intended :)

Reviewed on 3/21/2018 Hope B

We appreciated Byrne’s services at my daughter’s wedding so much! He arrived on time and was set and ready to go. I always love when you have a vendor, that you don’t have to hold by the hand the whole time. He got right in there without hesitation and played everything we ask,... Read More and didn’t play the things we asked that he not. We are grateful for his knowledge and people skills and his talent! If we ever have need to have another DJ we would not hesitate in hiring him again!

2018-03-21T13:41:55 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! It was a beautiful day and I'm grateful you chose me to be a part of it. Best wishes to the happy couple!

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Lauren C

Byrne did a great job during our November wedding. We had him DJ our reception. He was very personable and responsive, provided a great list to get us started with our song list, was flexible when we were deciding on a mic for the ceremony and the guests loved him. I would... Read More definitely recommend working with him.

Reviewed on 2/07/2018 MOLLY L

Byrne was referred to my now-husband and I through my wedding planner, Callie and we couldn't have been happier with our choice in hiring him as our DJ. He was communicative and easy-going throughout the process and made it clear that we had full reign to make the music what we... Read More wanted. And in the event that you're not picky, he can come up with his own mixture of tunes. He also provides couples with lists of "Most Requested", "Least Requested" and various chart toppers for inspiration. Byrne kept us dancing and at one point we even spotted our catering team busting out some moves, but then again Selena was playing and who can't resists Selenas? Perhaps my favorite thing about Rock is that he wasn't cheesy. We've all experienced those weddings where the DJ is just a little bit extra, either because they're dripping in corny jokes or wearing costumes...or both. Byrne is professional and personable and he makes sure to keep the party moving. Some other tidbits: I don't know the term for these, but he provided "dance lights" for the party as well as mics for the ceremony and speeches. I also found his service to be incredibly affordable - though I know that can be a relative term when planning a wedding. Many of the DJ places we looked at were around $1200 for the same package of services and we paid Rock less than $1000.

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Erin B

Byrne did such a great job at our wedding! We told him what kind of music we liked and a few songs that we wanted to hear, and he did the rest! We had so many compliments from family and friends on our music selection and it was all thanks to Byrne. He was great to work with... Read More beforehand; he was timely and made sure to understand our vision for the reception; and was overall a great MC and DJ.

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Liz P

The biggest fear I had going into my wedding was that no one would get up to dance. Fortunately with Byrne's help, my friends and family were on the dance floor the entire night. He did a great job and was so easy to work with. Book him!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Laura G

Perfect dj! Great to work with and just the right amount of personality. Did a wonderful job.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Robin O

Byrne was incredible to work with. From our first call with him, we knew we were dealing with a genuinely caring person who wanted to make our wedding day a memorable occasion. Beside the obvious things you need from a DJ (punctual, attentive, functioning equipment, etc.) he was... Read More easy to work with and flexible in regards to customizing our playlists, etc. We would recommend him to anyone in Austin looking for a great wedding and event DJ.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Dani L

Byrne is an amazing DJ! He had our December wedding at Hummingbird House dancing all night! Byrne is very easy to work with and definitely knows how to keep the wedding guests happy! Our wedding timeline was way ahead of schedule, but he and the day of coordinator kept... Read More everything flowing flawlessly! I would recommend Byrne Rock to anyone looking to get married in the Austin or surrounding area!

2018-01-16T16:59:08 Response from the vendor

Thanks for the kudos and again, Congrats! It was incredible from start to finish. :)

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Andrea C

Byrne Rock was really amazing to work with. We decided late in the game that we needed a DJ (you know how it is, you start out thinking that you'll have a small wedding and then things sort of blow up). Bryne himself wasn't available, but he immediately offered to see if Michael... Read More (DJ In The Mood), another DJ he works with was and got us in contact. Michael was the best, he kept the party on track, adjusted to changes as needed and played music we and our guests really loved. The billing process was so simple and they provided great tools for getting a framework of music in place. I am absolutely a fan!

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Meagan R

I worked with Fernando Carlos and he went above and beyond to make our reception truly memorable. I sent him a list of songs that span a lot of genres and he read the crowd perfectly that night. The dance floor stayed packed. He was very nice a personable when i talked with him... Read More and he was great with the crowd. I worked with Byrne on the contract and pricing and it was easy and simple. When you are in the middle of planning a wedding you REALLY appreciate easy and simple. I've never had to hire a DJ before so I didn't know what to expect but the service I got was amazing ! I highly recommend Byrne Rock and Fernando Carlos!

Reviewed on 12/11/2017 Shannon F

5 STARS! We had a great experience with Byrne, he was referred to us by someone and we are glad we went with him. His prices were reasonable especially with how great his reputation is. We didn't have a lot of time to get a song list together because we were so busy with other... Read More wedding things but luckily he was able to read the crowd as well as pick songs that fit our personalities and personal style. He made it a stress free experience for us and we couldn't be happier. Thank you Byrne!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Geno G

DJ Byrne is a fantastic DJ and I highly recommend him. We had been working with a different DJ who completely ghosted us 3 weeks before the wedding. In a panic we found Byrne on the knot who was luckily still available. He was very professional and had a contract drawn up within... Read More a day or two, giving us peace of mind. From there on he was great to work with. He had no qualms about doing our entire wedding (ceremony, dinner, and reception) which were in 3 different buildings, and pulled it off invisibly to us. Further, he had a great list of songs commonly requested that we went through so he could get the feel of what we were expecting. Finally, the night of he did a great job reading the crowd and really made the evening by getting lots of people out on the dance floor. All in all I would highly recommend DJ Byrne for your wedding.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Adam R

From the moment my wife and I met DJ ED, from Byrne Rock, I knew he was the guy. He was incredibly professional, and helped us with everything from coordinating events during the reception, to recommending killer songs for the big day. His music selection and timing was awesome,... Read More and he knows how to read a crowd! There is no one else I'd rather have had rockin' the mic on my wedding day. Five stars and two thumbs up!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Lauren W

DJ Byrne Rock is the way to go for your Big Day! We had an outdoor ceremony and an indoor reception, all at the same venue. This didn't seem to be a challenge at all for Byrne Rock. He did an amazing job with our ceremony music, looping it as needed and fading it in and out for... Read More a nice effect. He also kept everyone having fun on the dance floor at the reception. We scheduled a call with him the week before the wedding and ran through our tentative schedule of events and our ideas about the music for our wedding (I can't emphasize enough how important and helpful this is!). When the Big Day came, he showed up early to make sure he was all set up at both the ceremony site and in the reception hall. Then he helped to coordinate everyone else so things stayed on schedule and ran smoothly. I guess you could say that aside from music, Byrne really doubled as our wedding coordinator! My husband and I loved what a nice, chill vibe Byrne Rock brought to our wedding too. As beautiful and fun and wonderful as a wedding is, it is an overwhelming experience with a lot of moving pieces. Byrne Rock did a great job keeping all the pieces moving in the right direction while exuding a calm, peaceful vibe. We were so grateful to him for that! 100% recommend him for your special day.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Christian N

Byrne was recommended to us by our wedding planner, and what a great recommendation it was! Byrne was super! A pleasure to work with, he was helpful and discreet - he set the tone for the reception exactly as we hoped with great background music that fit the bride and groom's... Read More musical tastes, and the volume was perfect. The dance music was spot on as well. He had good suggestions and really listened to and respected their likes and dislikes. He provided the sound equipment for the wedding ceremony, too, and it was just perfect. If we ever have the need for a DJ for another event, we will seek Byrne Rock. Highly recommend his service!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Samantha G

Byrne did an excellent job DJing our wedding! We are Jews and had some wedding traditions, such as the Horah, that he easily rallied everyone for. I have been to some weddings with a cheesy or awkward DJs, Byrne is none of that! He played music from 2pm to 10pm for us and kept... Read More people on the dance floor the entire night. Seriously, he had to tell our crowd 'this is the last song and then the wedding ends' before people left the dance floor. I created a playlist for him but I recommend letting him decide what to play when and even encouraging him to go off the playlist when needed. He had a mic for the Rabbi and wireless mics for the toasts. I could not more highly recommend this DJ!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Emily F

DJ Byrne was amazing! We talked on the phone when I first started looking into DJs and he was willing to answer any questions I had and talked me through his experience. He was very easy to work with and was a breeze to communicate with throughout our planning process. The night... Read More of the wedding, he emcee'd well and played all the different types of songs we had asked for. He worked very well with our wedding coordinator and everything worked out perfectly. At the end of the night, we decided to have him stay another hour, very short notice, and he did so very willingly and the crowd was very pleased! Would definitely recommend DJ Byrne for anyone looking for an Austin DJ.

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Courtney M

We booked Byrne Rock after a short telephone conversation because he seemed so down to earth and understanding of what it takes to make a fun wedding reception, and I am so happy we did!! He has an extensive list of songs for you to look over, and allows you to customize it to... Read More your liking. He also knows how to create the most epic dance party ever! I did NOT want my reception to end. We continued to dance and have a good time song after song. He really knew how to read the crowd and keep everyone engaged. It was definitely the best dance party I have ever been a part of. You will not regret booking Byne Rock!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Charles A

My friend a former DJ guided me on my search and with his guidance I was able to find Byrne and it was it was a wonderful experience. Not going to lie, but picking a DJ for our wedding was the most difficult decision I had to make. And I am glad Byrne was there to help us... Read More celebrate the night away! Byrne was very professional and the party/ dancing did not stop all night long. We initially met with Byrne and a few others and my wife had a good feeling and she was right! Byrne was great and touched base with us every step of the way. The prep was on point, the sound was great, the transitions were great, and the music and dancing was fabulous. Just as requested we had music for many of our guests from 20-80+. Many of our guests told us thanks for the fun as they have not danced that much in 20+ years. I highly recommend Byrne for any event. Thank you Byrne! Charles & Kristine Ago Wedding JW Marriott San Antonio May 20, 2017

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Evan C

We decided to go with Byrne after a couple of interviews with other DJs. After talking to Jesse Jones, this decision was a no-brainer. Jesse was focused on what my wife and I wanted, and nothing else. He flawlessly executed everything during the ceremony, along with the first... Read More dance and parent dances, even with very short notice. I had multiple friends and family members comment on how great Jesse was throughout the day. On top of that, the price was very fair. I would hire Jesse again in a heartbeat for any future events.

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Shannon T

DJ Ed was fantastic! He made Sarah and Drew's wedding!

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 David G

Out of all the vendors we had to hire for our wedding, we found hiring a DJ to be the most perplexing. It is hard to see samples of their work unless you have already attended one of their events. You basically have to rely on the recommendations of strangers on the internet.... Read More Well internet, let me be that stranger to highly recommend Byrne Rock! Byrne killed the music for our entire wedding from pre-ceremony to cocktail hour to a non-stop dance party at the reception. He was able to weave in our different tastes/song preferences/requests throughout the night while also balancing the feel of the crowd. One of the most common questions we got from our guests was, "Where did you get this playlist?" Answer: Byrne Rock. As a professional, Byrne is extremely kind, responsive, and well-priced. Byrne has a sincere passion for music that was evident just from our first meeting with him and was really understanding and responsive to our vision for how music would play into our wedding. I cannot recommend him highly enough and secretly hope all of my friends book him for their weddings so we can enjoy his masterful work again!

2017-05-01T11:28:52 Response from the vendor

It was such a great evening & I was glad to play a part!

Byrne Rock

Byrne Rock DJ Service has been rocking parties in Central Texas for over 10 years! Byrne Rock's experience as a musician and DJ has given him a keen sense for how people react to music.