Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service

Austin & Central Texas

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Latin, Mariachi, Polka

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment

Austin, TX
Austin & Central Texas

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Laura D

After reading reviews about Byrne, we decided to use him for our September wedding. He did music for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. He did a wonderful job at the ceremony. We had mostly non-traditional music for the ceremony and he did a good job picking out... Read More additional songs for the prelude. For the reception, we provided Byrne a list of songs, but also allowed room for his "creativity" of picking the songs, based on how it was going. He did a fabulous job! We were very impressed with his talent and professionalism. We would hands down suggest Byrne to any (and all) of our closest friends!

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Byrne Rock was awesome from start to finish! Cooper was our DJ and from day one he was professional and attentive to exactly what we wanted for our reception. Played everything on our list, plus we asked for songs throughout the night that he queued up immediately. I got... Read More compliments on him all night long. Ask for COOPER. He was truly great. I'd hire Byrne Rock again in a heartbeat. 5 stars. Period.

2016-04-19T16:49:37 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear that. Cooper really knows how to put down a mix!!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Beth K

Jesse, a DJ with Byrne Rock, recently killed it at our wedding. He was laid-back, professional, and intuitively knew how to work the crowd. Both Jesse and Byrne were incredibly accommodating, fun, and friendly during the entire pre-wedding/planning process. We knew immediately... Read More upon meeting with them that Jesse was the perfect fit for our day. For those that are concerned about expenses (we were!), stop searching right now - these guys are it! Byrne is affordable and reliable and includes items in his overall fee that would be charged separately elsewhere. The cost was not the most important factor to us, but to find an incredible DJ for a reasonable price was oh so sweet. About a month before the wedding, Byrne contacted us to ask about music choices for the ceremony, reception, etc. I wanted to surprise my husband with an obscure song and Byrne assured me that they would find a way to play it, even though I didn't even request it until a week or so before our wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive/communicative DJ. During the reception, Jesse had EVERYONE out on the dance floor (even my husband's 85 year old grandfather!). He knew exactly what style of music to play and seamlessly blended Top 40 hits with some of our more obscure requests. To me, a DJ is hugely important to the overall atmosphere of a wedding and Jesse ensured that ours was absolutely fantastic - from the song I talked about in my vows that he later played to the ode to the Longhorns' win over West Virginia - everything was perfect! He was not in the least overbearing or cheesy (which I've experienced at friends' weddings) and ensured that the overall mood of the celebration was relaxed, fun, and just a little bit crazy (though that last part is due in large part to my insane family). Jesse - thank you so much for making our day wonderful. We couldn't have found a better or more talented person for our day.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Chelsey S

Byrne DJ'ed for our wedding this past weekend (Sunday October 9th), and he was amazing!! He was very easy to communicate with while preparing. I gave him a pretty expansive song list and a specific set of announcements because we wanted to do a variety of special dances... Read More (including the Aggie War Hymn, a Pacific Island Mwaie, and the Horrah) and he executed them flawlessly. Also, our dance party was amazing! Byrne brought and set up extra lighting and it was great! I would definitely recommend him as a DJ for any type of event!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Susan J

DJ Byrne Rock was very laid back and cool to work with! He is professional and experienced so we didn't have to spend a lot of time to explain what type of music we wanted for our big day. He also helped our wedding day run smoothly even with some last minute changes in our... Read More schedule! Thanks for being part of our big day Byrne!

Reviewed on 8/01/2016

Byrne was an absolute pro. Easy to deal with from start to finish. He had answers to all of our questions and suggestions on how to make our wedding day the best day it could be. Music selection and sound quality was fantastic. He was great at working with us on our ceremony... Read More music and reception. Playing a perfect mix of stuff we requested and adding some great choices to the mix. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Alexi B

So glad we had Byrne as our DJ for our wedding! He kept everyone on the dance floor all night! Byrne was easy to work with and quick to reply to any questions. We would highly recommend Byrne Rock to anyone!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Jena S

DJ Byrne did a wonderful job at our wedding. We had a day wedding so we weren't looking to provide a rambunctious party and Byrne was able to match the music with the exact atmosphere of the day. Thank you Byrne!

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Gracie R

Our daughter and Son-In-Law,, were married at Barton Creek Resort and Spa this July. Their wedding was a destination wedding and we had no contacts or knew what vendors to use for photographery, DJ, etc... We saw a good review on The Knot.Com about Bryne Rock DJ. We cannot say... Read More enough wonderful things about Eddie our DJ. He went above and beyond meeting with us and then again testing out the sound equipment at the rehearsal the Friday night before the wedding, a true spirit of excellence and professionalism. Being that we were out of town it made us feel very confident and worry free! Thank you Eddie for helping us achieve the feel we wanted for the wedding and getting everyone on the dance floor and celebrating Gracie & Bryce!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Lauren L

My husband and I had Cooper DJ at our wedding reception in April. The music flow was awesome and he managed to get just about everyone on the dance floor (even my grandmother!) . We continue to get compliments on how great he was, even months later! Good, consistent... Read More communication with him and Byrne leading up to the event as well. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Audrey W

We recently had our wedding in April and were recommended to Byrne Rock DJ Service by our wedding coordinator and we couldn't have been any happier with their service. Jessie was our DJ and he was super helpful throughout the entire process- he stayed in touch with me leading up... Read More to the wedding and was absolutely fantastic at our wedding. We received lots of compliments with his music choices and he made sure everyone was having a great time and staying on the dance floor. He helped make our wedding reception perfect and I would highly recommend Byrne Rock if you are looking for a DJ in the area :)

Reviewed on 6/04/2016

Hiring DJ Byrne Rock for our wedding was one of the best decisions we made throughout the entire planning process. I consider myself somewhat of a dunce when it comes to music, but Byrne was so easy to work with that it didn't seem to matter! His communication leading up to... Read More the big day was always prompt, gracious, and informative. He answered all of my questions thoroughly and helped me figure out some of the timeline logistics when other vendors seemed unwilling to give me guidance. Byrne was able to put together all of the different moods of the evening perfectly. Our ceremony music was just what we wanted, when we wanted it (he took initiative to speak to our minister beforehand so that the cues were right). We had a small, outdoor wedding and the music during cocktail hour and dinner was exactly what I had requested: background music that could easily be talked over while providing a "garden party" feeling. For dancing, my husband wanted '80s pop and I wanted some old crooner standards from the '40s and '50s. I couldn't really imagine how those two styles could be mixed, but DJ Byrne Rock knocked it out of the park! He played every song that we had specifically asked for (and somehow played them at times when we were able to get out and dance) and he mixed everything together perfectly. There were always people on the dance floor and I don't think he ever resorted to using any of the top 40s pop that I was dreading. I really can't imagine the music being any better. We have all been to those weddings where the DJ seems intent on up-staging the bride and groom and I am so happy to say that I never felt that way at my wedding! Byrne's announcements were informative, jovial, and BRIEF! In my opinion, that is exactly what one wants out of a wedding DJ! The best thing that Byrne did for our wedding (and me!), came about half-way through the night. We were running WAY behind our timeline for the evening (totally our own fault) and I was starting to freak out a bit. Byrne caught my eye and came over to chat. I started to apologize, ready to spin out with anxiety, but he answered me with the most gentle, calming voice and immediately put me at ease. He gave me two options for how we could structure the rest of the night and then gave me his opinion of which he thought would be better. I went with his preferred plan (which worked out perfectly - always take Byrne's opinion!) and I never felt that he was in any way anxious or annoyed. He calmed me down so much that I was able to move on to the next part of the night without any more anxiety at all. If I ever need a DJ again, I won't even consider anyone else! DJ Byrne Rock is the best!

Reviewed on 5/15/2016 Megan C

We were beyond please with Byrne Rock! He came highly recommended by our wedding planner, Byrne was the only DJ we met with! We had a very specific vision of what we wanted and what we didn't want in a DJ for our wedding! We wanted great music with out the cheesy DJ... Read More announcements, when I said this to my wedding planner she immediate said Byrne Rock is your guy! He provided music for our outdoor ceremony/drink and dinner reception and indoor dancing. Byrne was wonderful, extremely professional and provided a great soundtrack to our wedding day! We gave him some genres we like and he did the rest of the work and we were very pleased! Working with Byrne was seamless, stress free and a lot of fun! He knows what he is doing, you can't go wrong with hiring him!

Reviewed on 5/13/2016 Bryanna B

DJ Byrne was so fricken awesome. The wedding was so much fun and people were constantly dancing thanks to him. He made the day a great party and I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. Byrne rocks, and I definitely recommend his work .

2016-05-13T19:40:01 Response from the vendor

Love it! Thanks so much for the kind words. πŸ˜€

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Byrne Rock! He provided his services for a Special Olympics soccer tournament. He created such a fun and happy environment for our athletes. He was incredibly professional, responsive, punctual, reliable, and so easy to work with! I... Read More would wholeheartedly recommend Byrne to friends and family without reservation.

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

We loved Jesse! We had DJ Jesse at our fully outdoor wedding this past weekend and he did a great job with the music at the cocktail hour, dinner and reception! we gave him a few ideas and he ran with it and kept the dance floor packed! He downloaded special Scottish dance... Read More songs to play for us at the end and was so helpful and open and honest with us throughout planning on the whole process. He was so laid back and completely appropriate on the mic (we have seen some cringe weddings!) We recommend DJ Jesse!

2016-04-10T09:31:42 Response from the vendor

Jesse's the best! I only wish we could have gotten him to wear a kilt. :)

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Claire R

A coordinator at the Hummingbird House recommended Byrne to our friend/wedding planner, and he knocked it out of the park. We interviewed a few DJs, and Byrne had that great balance of professionalism and know-how. As a musician himself, he understood what we'd need for my... Read More husband's brothers to play our first dance song and also knew how to make his system sound awesome in our space (the Fed). All of his communication leading up to our big day was responsive and detailed. On the day of our wedding, he totally nailed our song selections, hitting all of our cocktail hour/dinner must-plays and ramping things up perfectly when it came time to dance. (Fun aside, having worked in our space before, Byrne was able to help one of our elderly guests and her son-in-law troubleshoot why they were stuck on the wheelchair lift. Lots of laughs when they realized it was because her foot was covering the sensor...too good). Anyway, Byrne really did a fantastic job. He played all of the songs that were super important to us and added a mix that blended wonderfully with our must-plays. The dance floor was packed the entire night, from the YMCA (hey, we asked for it!) to George Strait to a few cumbias. Thanks again, Byrne!

2016-04-01T14:22:48 Response from the vendor

Yeah, gotta watch out for that chair-lift! :) Really glad you all had as much fun as I did!!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Jessica R

Bryne did an awesome job. He made sure to play every song we requested, was very helpful in suggesting songs when we asked for help and his initial list of songs is really helpful for thinking about the themes and music we wanted played at different times. We booked him... Read More because we heard he'd be amazing and he definitely delivered.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Madeline G

Byrne was the prefect DJ for our wedding. He really listened to us when we talked about the type of music we wanted him to play, he gave us direction on when we didn't know about something, and he was able to take the ball and roll with it when he didn't have a lot of direction.... Read More He made the whole evening run smoothly and we danced the night away! I couldn't recommend him more!

Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Maegan Q

DJ Byrne was awesome as our Wedding DJ! He was very easy to work with, and did a great job with music from the cocktail hour through the end of the night. All we had to do is give him an idea of what we wanted, pick a few songs, and give him our Do-not-play list - and he took... Read More care of the rest. My wife and I love a wide range of music, and he was able to incorporate it all to bring about the feel that we told him we wanted - relaxed and classy for the cocktail hour and dinner, then a dance party for the rest of the night! He even found some OPM (original Pilipino Music) for my Filipina wife (and her family). Thanks, Byrne!

Top of the Charts!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Alison N

I contacted Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service to perform at my wedding reception and Jesse Jones rocked!!! They helped me pick out songs prior to the big day AND they didn't mind me suggesting some of our personal favorites to be added to the list. They meshed well with the live band... Read More and there was a constant flow of music. On time, didn't miss a beat, professional, reliable, and affordable. Use this DJ service and you won't regret it one bit! Thanks Guys- you were awesome!

Byrne Rock DJ

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Nora G

Byrne was super cool and laid back which is exactly what we needed on such a stressful day. The uplighting that he provided was perfect. We provided a short list of the types of songs that we liked. Byrne's playlist from that was perfect. We had a great time and didn't worry... Read More about a thing with Byrne there. We highly recommend his services.

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Janelle H

Not only is Byrne a super cool guy, he is a fantastic DJ! I am so happy he was at our wedding. I thought he did a good job of "feeling" the crowd and getting people up dancing and having fun. He was also able to provide audio/microphones during the ceremony. From a business... Read More perspective, he was really nice and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Byrne Rock DJ!

THE BEST! Byrne Rock DJ Review

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Ginger H

We chose Byrne Rock based on other good reviews for him and totally agree with all of the positive reviews. Byrne is professional, responsive, and EXACTLY what the bride and groom wanted at the wedding. He isn't intrusive but comfortable with taking charge when needed. The... Read More guitar soloist had a glitch that could have been disastrous at the outdoor ceremony but Byrne is tech savvy and had all of the appropriate and modern equipment to save the day. We wanted a lot from our DJ; an outdoor ceremony with good sound quality, outdoor music, reception music, sound system for other reception activities, and a karaoke set-up. He did it all and did it well. We would use him again without question. Top shelf, 5 stars, excellent service!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Taylor M

Byrne threw a great party! From the beginning to the end Byrne was attentive to all the little details and played a key role in the success of our wedding. He arrived right on time and was setting up before I even had a chance to say hello. He went out of his way to help my... Read More ceremony musician and officiant get their sound systems set up. Byrne played songs directly from the song list we worked on together and threw in other songs as the crowed was feeling them. He listened to my numerous requests and played them instantly (for example my sorority sisters wanted to hear some Britney..and he played her the very next song.) Highly recommend contacting Byrne for your big day! He will make the party happen!

Start a Conversation!