Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service

Austin & Central Texas

Creating the Perfect Tone for Your Wedding.

An experienced DJ, musician, and self-confessed audio addict, Byrne Rock knows music. Whether it’s packing the dance floor at your reception, accompanying you down the aisle with the perfect song or keeping dinner conversation lively, Byrne will create the perfect tone for your wedding!

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Latin

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Austin, TX
Austin & Central Texas

Very Pleased!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 Laura D

After reading reviews about Byrne, we decided to use him for our September wedding. He did music for both our outdoor ceremony and indoor reception. He did a wonderful job at the ceremony. We had mostly non-traditional music for the ceremony and he did a good job picking out... Read More additional songs for the prelude. For the reception, we provided Byrne a list of songs, but also allowed room for his "creativity" of picking the songs, based on how it was going. He did a fabulous job! We were very impressed with his talent and professionalism. We would hands down suggest Byrne to any (and all) of our closest friends!

So.much.fun!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Beth K

Jesse, a DJ with Byrne Rock, recently killed it at our wedding. He was laid-back, professional, and intuitively knew how to work the crowd. Both Jesse and Byrne were incredibly accommodating, fun, and friendly during the entire pre-wedding/planning process. We knew immediately... Read More upon meeting with them that Jesse was the perfect fit for our day. For those that are concerned about expenses (we were!), stop searching right now - these guys are it! Byrne is affordable and reliable and includes items in his overall fee that would be charged separately elsewhere. The cost was not the most important factor to us, but to find an incredible DJ for a reasonable price was oh so sweet. About a month before the wedding, Byrne contacted us to ask about music choices for the ceremony, reception, etc. I wanted to surprise my husband with an obscure song and Byrne assured me that they would find a way to play it, even though I didn't even request it until a week or so before our wedding day. I couldn't have asked for a more supportive/communicative DJ. During the reception, Jesse had EVERYONE out on the dance floor (even my husband's 85 year old grandfather!). He knew exactly what style of music to play and seamlessly blended Top 40 hits with some of our more obscure requests. To me, a DJ is hugely important to the overall atmosphere of a wedding and Jesse ensured that ours was absolutely fantastic - from the song I talked about in my vows that he later played to the ode to the Longhorns' win over West Virginia - everything was perfect! He was not in the least overbearing or cheesy (which I've experienced at friends' weddings) and ensured that the overall mood of the celebration was relaxed, fun, and just a little bit crazy (though that last part is due in large part to my insane family). Jesse - thank you so much for making our day wonderful. We couldn't have found a better or more talented person for our day.

Wedding Score!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Kim E

A true professional, Byrne created the prefect soundtrack for our wedding. From cocktail hour to dinner to dancing Byrne played our "must plays" and improvised perfectly from there. Top notch all the way!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

I cannot say enough great things about Byrne Rock! He provided his services for a Special Olympics soccer tournament. He created such a fun and happy environment for our athletes. He was incredibly professional, responsive, punctual, reliable, and so easy to work with! I... Read More would wholeheartedly recommend Byrne to friends and family without reservation.

Reviewed on 4/10/2016

Byrne Rock was awesome from start to finish! Cooper was our DJ and from day one he was professional and attentive to exactly what we wanted for our reception. Played everything on our list, plus we asked for songs throughout the night that he queued up immediately. I got... Read More compliments on him all night long. Ask for COOPER. He was truly great. I'd hire Byrne Rock again in a heartbeat. 5 stars. Period.

2016-04-19T16:49:37 Response from the vendor

So glad to hear that. Cooper really knows how to put down a mix!

Reviewed on 4/09/2016

We loved Jesse! We had DJ Jesse at our fully outdoor wedding this past weekend and he did a great job with the music at the cocktail hour, dinner and reception! we gave him a few ideas and he ran with it and kept the dance floor packed! He downloaded special Scottish dance... Read More songs to play for us at the end and was so helpful and open and honest with us throughout planning on the whole process. He was so laid back and completely appropriate on the mic (we have seen some cringe weddings!) We recommend DJ Jesse!

2016-04-10T09:31:42 Response from the vendor

Jesse's the best! I only wish we could have gotten him to wear a kilt. :)

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Claire R

A coordinator at the Hummingbird House recommended Byrne to our friend/wedding planner, and he knocked it out of the park. We interviewed a few DJs, and Byrne had that great balance of professionalism and know-how. As a musician himself, he understood what we'd need for my... Read More husband's brothers to play our first dance song and also knew how to make his system sound awesome in our space (the Fed). All of his communication leading up to our big day was responsive and detailed. On the day of our wedding, he totally nailed our song selections, hitting all of our cocktail hour/dinner must-plays and ramping things up perfectly when it came time to dance. (Fun aside, having worked in our space before, Byrne was able to help one of our elderly guests and her son-in-law troubleshoot why they were stuck on the wheelchair lift. Lots of laughs when they realized it was because her foot was covering the sensor...too good). Anyway, Byrne really did a fantastic job. He played all of the songs that were super important to us and added a mix that blended wonderfully with our must-plays. The dance floor was packed the entire night, from the YMCA (hey, we asked for it!) to George Strait to a few cumbias. Thanks again, Byrne!

2016-04-01T14:22:48 Response from the vendor

Yeah, gotta watch out for that chair-lift! :) Really glad you all had as much fun as I did!!!

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Jessica R

Bryne did an awesome job. He made sure to play every song we requested, was very helpful in suggesting songs when we asked for help and his initial list of songs is really helpful for thinking about the themes and music we wanted played at different times. We booked him... Read More because we heard he'd be amazing and he definitely delivered.

Reviewed on 3/18/2016 Madeline G

Byrne was the prefect DJ for our wedding. He really listened to us when we talked about the type of music we wanted him to play, he gave us direction on when we didn't know about something, and he was able to take the ball and roll with it when he didn't have a lot of direction.... Read More He made the whole evening run smoothly and we danced the night away! I couldn't recommend him more!

Highly recommended!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2016 Maegan Q

DJ Byrne was awesome as our Wedding DJ! He was very easy to work with, and did a great job with music from the cocktail hour through the end of the night. All we had to do is give him an idea of what we wanted, pick a few songs, and give him our Do-not-play list - and he took... Read More care of the rest. My wife and I love a wide range of music, and he was able to incorporate it all to bring about the feel that we told him we wanted - relaxed and classy for the cocktail hour and dinner, then a dance party for the rest of the night! He even found some OPM (original Pilipino Music) for my Filipina wife (and her family). Thanks, Byrne!

Top of the Charts!

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Alison N

I contacted Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service to perform at my wedding reception and Jesse Jones rocked!!! They helped me pick out songs prior to the big day AND they didn't mind me suggesting some of our personal favorites to be added to the list. They meshed well with the live band... Read More and there was a constant flow of music. On time, didn't miss a beat, professional, reliable, and affordable. Use this DJ service and you won't regret it one bit! Thanks Guys- you were awesome!

Byrne Rock DJ

Reviewed on 1/05/2016 Nora G

Byrne was super cool and laid back which is exactly what we needed on such a stressful day. The uplighting that he provided was perfect. We provided a short list of the types of songs that we liked. Byrne's playlist from that was perfect. We had a great time and didn't worry... Read More about a thing with Byrne there. We highly recommend his services.

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 1/04/2016 Janelle H

Not only is Byrne a super cool guy, he is a fantastic DJ! I am so happy he was at our wedding. I thought he did a good job of "feeling" the crowd and getting people up dancing and having fun. He was also able to provide audio/microphones during the ceremony. From a business... Read More perspective, he was really nice and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Byrne Rock DJ!

THE BEST! Byrne Rock DJ Review

Reviewed on 11/13/2015 Ginger H

We chose Byrne Rock based on other good reviews for him and totally agree with all of the positive reviews. Byrne is professional, responsive, and EXACTLY what the bride and groom wanted at the wedding. He isn't intrusive but comfortable with taking charge when needed. The... Read More guitar soloist had a glitch that could have been disastrous at the outdoor ceremony but Byrne is tech savvy and had all of the appropriate and modern equipment to save the day. We wanted a lot from our DJ; an outdoor ceremony with good sound quality, outdoor music, reception music, sound system for other reception activities, and a karaoke set-up. He did it all and did it well. We would use him again without question. Top shelf, 5 stars, excellent service!

Wedding DJ

Reviewed on 10/12/2015 Taylor M

Byrne threw a great party! From the beginning to the end Byrne was attentive to all the little details and played a key role in the success of our wedding. He arrived right on time and was setting up before I even had a chance to say hello. He went out of his way to help my... Read More ceremony musician and officiant get their sound systems set up. Byrne played songs directly from the song list we worked on together and threw in other songs as the crowed was feeling them. He listened to my numerous requests and played them instantly (for example my sorority sisters wanted to hear some Britney..and he played her the very next song.) Highly recommend contacting Byrne for your big day! He will make the party happen!

Awesome DJ!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Emily A

Byrne was great to work with throughout the entire process. He made everything so easy for my husband and me, even when we had special requests or unique traditions. I would recommend Byrne Rock to any bride who is looking for a budget-friendly DJ to liven up your wedding.

Byrne Rock

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

We used Jesse with Byrne Rock's company for our reception. He did a fantastic job for at a very reasonable price. Jesse met with us for an hour or so a couple of months before the wedding, and was very helpful in lining up our music. Byrne Rock was very responsive to our... Read More needs in the weeks leading up to the ceremony.

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Stacey S

He's the best. Such a rad guy who is down for whatever you want as a couple and is so kind and knowledgable. He is a gem of a person as well as a complete pro. Go, B! You live up to your name because you do rock!

Byrne Rocks!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

Leading up to our wedding, I kept telling my fiance, "All I want is a giant dance party with all of our family and friends out on the dance floor." Thanks to Jesse and Byrne, my dreams came true! Jesse found a way to play the perfect mix of music that would get everyone from... Read More our 2-year-old niece to our 90-year-old granny out on the dance floor. His ability to "read the crowd" and manage the flow of the evening was astounding! We booked him for both the ceremony and the reception. During the ceremony, we had not accounted for how long it would take the wedding party to walk down the aisle. Luckily we had Jesse there to loop the song seamlessly so nobody picked up on that little hiccup. Leading up to the event they were responsive, professional, and organized. Prior to the wedding I sent them a list of songs that we love so they could get an idea of the "vibe" we were going for. Jesse picked up our taste in music and ran with it. Not for a second did we have to worry about the quality of the music coming out of those speakers! I cannot recommend these dudes more highly.

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Witt L

Jesse (from Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service) DJ'ed our wedding back in April, and man...what a great time. He helped out with our ceremony music and hooked up the mics for our wedding party toasts, and everything was amazingly smooth from start to finish. As far as specifics, we... Read More provided a loose playlist of stuff we liked, but Jesse was great at reading the crowd and made sure we had a great dance party (which was all we'd hoped for.) He intuitively knew when to speed things up and slow things down, and I had so many people come up to me the day after and ask who was doing our music the night before. He's a really laid back guy but don't let that fool you - he's a consummate professional and *very* good at what he does. I would hire him again in a second, and absolutely recommend him (and Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service) for any event that involves having a great time and dancing until you're sore. 5 stars, I would give more if I could.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Christi B

After interviewing many many DJ's we came across Byrne Rock Mobile DJ Service. We absolutely loved our DJ Jessee he was so pleasant and just overall excellent DJ! Byrne and Jessee are amazing to work with and highly recommend using them!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Margaret N

Jesse was the DJ for my April 5, 2015 wedding. We booked him in December & couldn't be happier!! He was professional, always responded quickly to my emails and did such a great job DJing. Had a lot of music to choose from and every moment (walking down the aisle, our... Read More recessional, cocktail hour, cake cutting, last dance) was the music we requested!! He made sure to ask us if we wanted to play specific music that my guests were asking & everyone had a great time dancing!!! Thank you for making my Persian Mexican Vintage Wedding a big success!!!

Amazing DJ

Reviewed on 6/18/2015 Tiffany S

I found Brock through the knot. I had a destination wedding in Austin. He was more than happy to FaceTime with me and communicated very well via e-mail. The first time meeting him in person was at my wedding which was a smashing success! I highly recommend him! Very personal,... Read More professional and kept the crowed entertained!

Reviewed on 6/14/2015 Megan W

Byrne is awesome. His price was amazing and he kept everyone entertained all night. Byrne was a wonderful DJ and was great at keeping things moving (while eating, doing cake, etc) and judging the mood of the dancers and switching things up as needed. Everyone had a great time on... Read More the dance floor with Byrne. Throughout the whole process he was very professional, fun, and approachable. We would highly recommend Byrne!

Super fun and professional DJ!

Reviewed on 4/10/2015 Casey H

Byrne was a delight to work with. He was great about learning about us and our music style before the wedding so everything was seamless on the day. He read the crowd and kept the party moving like a pro. Many of our guests commented on how fun the music was. He was an amazing... Read More find, I highly recommend!