Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Service Staff

912 Royal St, New Orleans, LA (504) 412-8965

unbelievable

Reviewed on 4/16/2013 ivy c

Cafe Amelie Team: Thank you so much for your thoughtfulness, patience and attention to detail throughout the planning process. Your experience and expertise in events, particularly weddings, was obvious from the very beginning, and was comforting as I knew that all details... Read More would be addressed with quality, class and a high level of service. Thank you for the time, attention and dedication of the entire staff. The level of service at every juncture, and most importantly on the wedding day, truly exceeded our expectations. Of course guests comment on how beautiful everything was, but I continue to hear just how impressed they were with the high level of service. So thank you for taking such good care of us. Thank you for special extra touches such as setting our sweetheart table in the midst of the garden where we could enjoy the festivities around us while we feasted on amazing shrimp and grits. Thank you for providing us with an affair we will forever treasure, and a place where we can come and reminisce on how special our wedding was right where it took place. I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

September 22, 2012 WEDDING

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Ashley C

My daughter was married at Cafe Amelie last Saturday night, and I cannot speak more highly about Danny Akers, the manager of Cafe Amelie, and his staff. I live in CA, and my daughter lives on the east coast so most of the planning had been done through the internet. We had... Read More eaten at Cafe Amelie in the past so we knew that the food would be excellent (which it was!), but we had not met Danny in person. Our first meeting with Danny in person was 3 days before the wedding. After our meeting, I felt confident that all would go as planned, and it certainly did. Danny was totally in charge, he was at the ceremony and reception the entire time, overseeing the event and every detail. His staff are all highly professional also. I highly receommend Cafe Amelie and Danny Akers. It was a beautiful setting also. The courtyard was lovely, the band was outstanding, and the food was excellent!!! Annie Coleman, mother of the bride

Delicious and Quaint

Reviewed on 7/31/2012 Jessica H

Had my bridesmaids brunch here on the morning of my wedding. Their private parties person was very accomadating and greeted our group. He was able to find a menue in my budget and everyone had big portions. The only place they can fit a larger party inside is in their upstairs... Read More room - it was adorable with local art, nice wallpaper and a view of the courtyard. very cozy and cute!

Exquisite

Reviewed on 7/16/2012 Mandy L

Truly an amazing experience! I don't know where to begin so I will begin with Danny Akers, the manager of events at Cafe Amelie. Danny exemplifies professionalism, he is detail oriented, passionate, and seeks perfection. Danny will help arrange your whole affair to your style... Read More and specifications and he is there to help uncover that if needed! If I fell short on anything, Danny had me covered without hesitation in a flawless manner without my even knowing anything was possibly missing. What more could you ask for?! The grounds at Cafe Amelie are stunning and provide the most spectacular background for a wedding or any party. There is plenty of space for everything though it may not look like it, it all comes together like magic. Cafe Amelie has become my favorite restaurant. I had foodies at my wedding from large metropolitan areas, Louisiana natives, Northerners, and people who had a limited palate; they all raved about the food! I recommend the shrimp and grits! I was extremely proud of the food that we decided on. There is a huge selection to choose from but you are not limited to their choices either. The staff that worked our wedding were superior. They were very attentive and accommodating to the wedding party and family and every single guest as well. Such personal service, my guests were impressed! I highly recommend Cafe Amelie, what a special place filled with special people, thank you!

Perfect!

Reviewed on 4/23/2012 Cindy V

I chose Cafe Amelie for my bridal luncheon. It was perfect weather and the courtyard was so nice and relaxing. Danny and his staff were great! They were very accommodating~setting up everything before we got there. Danny printed menus just for our event and let me pick what... Read More I wanted on the menu. I had a cake delivered and Danny took care of accepting that and setting it up before we arrived. Everyone at the luncheon really enjoyed the food too! It was a perfect place for the Bridal Luncheon.

After Wedding Brunch!

Reviewed on 11/13/2011 Kim d

Had our Sunday Brunch in the courtyard at Cafe Amelie and it was perfect! Danny made everything so very special.... Would 100% recommend!

2011-11-25T20:02:49 Response from the vendor

Hi Kim,Thank you for the nice posting on the knot. Hope the three of you are doing well and enjoying the holidays. Look forward to seeing you again soon.Danny

Restaurant in the french quarter

Reviewed on 10/18/2010 Siobain F

This restaurant is great. I have been numerous times. There is a lovely courtyard and fountain to sit outside and the food is spectacular!