Congratulations on your engagement!

As a photographer, my main goal is to document your wedding in a beautiful and elegant way, creating a story that is unique to you as a couple. I love to capture every look, laugh, and detail of your entire wedding experience so that your photos bring you right back to each moment every time you look at them! My second goal is to make sure that your photography experience is FUN, and that you are comfortable, laughing, and enjoying the time we spend together! Please head over to my website to view my blog and portfolio, and feel free to reach out to me with more information about your wedding... I would love to hear all of the details and am happy to provide you with more information about my photography packages. I look forward to hearing from you!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Proofs, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

Chicagoland, Destination (312) 320-5114

Reviewed on 8/16/2016

My wife and I are so happy we decided to have Caitlin as our wedding photographer! She was awesome to work with and her photos were truly amazing and captured the day perfectly. Looking through all of the photos Caitlin (and her wonderful assistant Steve) took allowed us to... Read More completely re-live the day as if it were just happening. Throughout the process, Caitlin was a joy to work with. She met with my wife and I on several occasions (even at our home) to talk about the wedding day and what we wanted to accomplish. She was extremely prepared, knowledgeable and put us at ease knowing she would capture everything we wanted (and then some)! She was instrumental in figuring out awesome locations to take pictures with our wedding party on the Chicago Riverwalk that turned out beautifully. Caitlin has a truly awesome eye for color and composition, and she captured the spirit and emotion of little moments with true aplomb. There were no cheesy, posey shots except for those family photos that we wanted to take. She does amazing black and white shots as well as color. Above all else, Caitlin is also just a great person, and when you’re spending hours with someone on your wedding day, that matters a lot. She made us feel completely comfortable and enjoy the picture taking process—which is not easy for two people who are not in love with being the center of attention. All in all, Caitlin captured every detail my wife and I worked so hard to put together when planning out our big day. Our wedding day went by so fast and we were so busy... it has been so wonderful to see these details and to have memories we would have missed otherwise. I cannot recommend Caitlin highly enough!

Reviewed on 4/09/2016 Bridget S

If I could give more than five stars for Caitlin, I would in a heart beat. I have said many times since our wedding day that (hands down) the best decision we made was to hire Caitlin as our photographer. Caitlin made the entire process feel seamless. From the details we... Read More would have never thought to photograph to the 'must have' shots--she didn't miss a beat. The images she captured of our wedding are beyond what we could have ever imagined. Caitlin was tremendous that whole day as well. She had everyone laughing and made everyone feel extremely comfortable. And as the bride, she took so much stress off of my shoulders. The ideas she had of where to shoot ended up being just magical when they came back to us in the prints. My sister was married at the same church as we were and it was just surreal to see how Caitlin took shots that made it look so unique to us while still capturing the essence of the church that drew us there in the first place. The details of her service from beginning to end were always above and beyond--from the efforts she made to meet with us throughout the process, to her packaging, and delivery of our amazing pictures...words really don't do it all justice. True excellence.

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Justine M

Where to even begin with Caitlin?? First, she is an amazing photographer. Second, from the moment you meet/talk with her she puts you at ease. My husband and I hired Caitlin for our engagement and wedding photos. My husband was a little nervous about the engagement shoot, but... Read More Caitlin showed up, ready to go (with fun props and great ideas) and just made the whole shoot easy. And our comfort really came through in the photos. She captured some really special moments with us and our pup Lizzie. I also loved that she was open to our ideas as well. We really wanted our dog to be in some of the pictures, honestly a little worried how she would do because she can be a bit hyper, but Caitlin took great pictures with her in them. So great, that we used one for our save the date. When it came to our wedding day, Caitlin was on top of every detail. She provided us with a detailed timeline, we discussed what shots were must haves and talked about spots to shoot after the ceremony. I loved how organized she was, for example, when discussing places to take pictures after the ceremony, she came prepared with Google map images of spots around the church that she thought would work well. And on the day of, there was no guess work, it was easy and fun! Aside from putting us at ease and her organization, she is so incredibly talented. Our photos turned out beautifully. In fact, they turned out so wonderful that we are having a hard time not choosing the majority of them to purchase. Everyone who sees them talks about how she truly captured our big day. It was very important to us that our photographer be able to capture the entire day, from getting ready to the reception, because we decided not to have a videographer. And honestly, it was one of the best decisions we made. I look at our pictures all the time, can’t wait to make keepsake books and finish our picture wall to show off our amazing pictures. These are memories that we will be able to relive and cherish forever and I cannot thank Caitlin enough for giving that to us.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Paul D

Hi, I am Paul of the "Paul and Danielle Wedding." I feel like I need to share my experience for my sake and for future couples' sakes. I gave 2 stars because "I'd pass" given the choice again. As a preface, yes, we were given a partial refund. Yes, there are important... Read More photographs that were never taken. Yes, my wife cried because she was so disappointed. No, I would not recommend her. I will try to be as objective as possible going forward. Planning a wedding is stressful and my wife wanted to pick most of the details herself and then have me give the stamp of approval. We were both involved picking Caitlin. Dani conversed with her directly, I met her on the day of the wedding. Dani had provided a list of required wedding photos to her. The morning of the wedding Caitlin came to the hotel, took still photos of the dress, rings, etc. 20 shots total. I asked for a goofy picture of my brothers and me. I don't think she understood, we got 2 shots in total that were close. Zoom ahead, we did our first look at Union Station. She was pretty inefficient and did not give very clear instructions or poses. We had to skip a set of photographs to be taken outside the Board of Trade. Notably, all the photographs taken leaning by the pillars outside Union Station, I had positioned everyone for. At this point, I recognized that someone needed be giving directions because there was a serious time crunch and Caitlin was not leading. We took photos on the river walk after. I literally said, "Can you take more photos?" to which she replied, " Oh, all the husbands say that." We were outside in downtown Chicago. There are no shots of us with any skyline. I asked specifically for the Carbon and Carbide building to be in the background. It is completely blurred. However, I can point out the neon signs from Dick's Last Resort. There were only 30 shots taken here. The next set of shots were at the venue (ceremony/dinner/dancing all at the same place). The City View Lofts have the Chicago skyline in the background, a major reason we chose the location. There are zero photos where you can clearly buildings outside. By the end of there ceremony there were 334 shots taken total. The next 56 of 57 shots are of place settings and the venue with no people. The next group of shots are of Dani and myself outside by ourselves, again with very little direction. The formal wedding photos were next. There are no photos of our entire wedding party (2 brothers, 2 sisters, flower girl, ring bearer, and the newly weds). There no photos of my side of the family (I OK'd not having formal photos with my aunts and uncles). There are no photos of both sides of the family or with both sets of grandparents. There are people walking and eating at tables in the back ground. There were about 100 guests, and we are missing photos (formal and any other informal shots) of multiple family members, including my wife's great aunt who passed away about 2 months later. We asked Caitlin to stay 2 extra hours to take more shots (we paid extra and were refunded). There were 715 shots total. I estimate we are missing photos of about 1/3 of our guests. I would argue even the formal photos (many of which we are missing) really were not a very high professional standard for reasons I don't have space to elaborate. Now to the photographs. The hard copies were delayed. They are very matted and not glossy making them very blurry and unusable for us. Many are highly edited/washed out and cropped.

2017-07-14T16:18:43 Response from the vendor

Paul, I am so sorry to hear that my wedding photography services did not meet your expectations. I appreciate your feedback, as I always strive to make real connections with my clients, to ensure a fun and enjoyable experience, and to provide beautiful images that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Christine Y

Caitlin...WOW. We are so happy we chose Caitlin Lisa as our wedding photographer! She was a pleasure to work with and captured us perfectly. Our wedding was very intimate and a bit "atypical" for a downtown Chicago wedding, and Caitlin did an outstanding job working with us... Read More to ensure that we got a ton of shots of us as a couple. (She and Sebastian captured our First Look *perfectly* - my husband was so blown away!) I would definitely recommend Caitlin, particularly for Chicago city weddings. She knows Chicago - the best angles for all of the "expected" shots, as well as cool nooks and crannies you might never consider for photos. \ (Of note: Caitlin also did our Engagement Shoot at our home, and those turned out beautifully as well!)

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Hailey B

I would give 10 stars if I could! Caitlin is an absolute DREAM to work with. She is SO detailed and on top of things from start to finish. I was so impressed with her pre-wedding questionnaire because it covered things that I would have never thought about. She arrived early... Read More with a smile from ear to ear {despite the rainy, nasty weather outside} and was ready to tackle 9 hours of straight photography! She is so calm, collected, and a natural at styling photos, pose coaching, etc. I can't even explain the looks on our faces when the photos started coming in {she gave sneak peeks on social media in the weeks following the wedding and it was so fun!}. We literally love them all, she is SO talented and we couldn't have dreamed of a better photographer to capture our special day. Her attention to detail, natural light, and candids is just the best. By looking at her photos, you would not have even known it was rainy and gloomy outside. She absolutely captured the love + light of our wedding day! We can't thank her enough!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Natalie S

One of the harder decisions throughout the wedding planning process is choosing a good photographer to document all the important moments. Should you find yourself in such a dilemma, you can't go wrong choosing Caitlin Lisa Photography. In my exchanges with Caitlin before the... Read More big day, I felt like I was talking with a friend. She was caring, genuine, and very pragmatic. It was apparent that she wanted to give me a great experience that I needn't worry about during the stress of wedding planning. On my big day, I couldn't have asked for a better person to be there. Caitlin arrived whilst my bridesmaids and I were still having our hair and makeup done, and I was worried about the timing. She quickly put my immediate worries about timing to rest as she took pictures of the rings, my shoes, and my dress while the bridal party finished getting ready. Throughout the entire day, Caitlin made my job easier, capturing all the moments that I wanted documented and an embarrassing gaffe (just in case I did want pictures of that - when I told her that I didn't need reminders, all evidence was quickly deleted). Caitlin was quick and efficient, making the most of our time. While some might think that she was too rapid with her photo shoots, the pictures that I have seen of my day have been nothing less than exquisite. She is truly a master of her craft. If that was the only thing about Caitlin, you would be so fortunate to have her photograph your wedding. But, the most wonderful thing about her is her exuberance. I honestly felt like I had a close friend with me throughout the day, helping me here and there, and reminding me to relax and enjoy the moment.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Hillary K

Caitlin was fantastic to work with! We wanted natural looking (not overly posed) classic photos so she was perfect! She paid close attention to what we wanted. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Matthew Z

Caitlin was an amazing photographer! She made the day of run as smooth as possible and captured all the amazing moments so they can live forever in the photos. As an architect I can be pretty stubborn with views and locations and she knew all the right spots to capture the... Read More essence of our wedding! Great turnaround on getting the photos as well, she even gave us snap shots and previews as she was editing, including a couple edited photos the following day before we left for our honeymoon!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Christine P

Caitlin is truly gifted! Not only is she an amazing photographer but her personality is just so fun to work with! My husband and I booked her for both our engagement photos and our wedding and we could not be happier! She was flexible, go with the flow and so easy to talk to.... Read More She took the time to get to know us and our story, using that to tell it through her photos. Even when things don't always go to plan, she makes it work. Beautiful portfolio with an eye for detail and her associate photographer Sebastian was awesome too. Wouldn't have gone with anyone else!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Cate B

Caitlin was recommend to me by my sister, as Caitlin had photographed her friend’s wedding. I’d remembered seeing those photos on facebook and booked Caitlin immediately without even meeting her. I knew she would capture the day perfectly and in a unique way. When I did meet... Read More her, I knew instantly that I had made the best decision. Caitlin was down to earth, super easy to work with and I felt like we were immediate friends. She kept our wedding day fun, calm and running smoothly despite all the family opinions/personalities. Hunter and I were so happy to have Caitlin capture our day and I would definitely recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Lauren S

Caitlin was such a pleasure to work with. Her portfolio speaks for itself, but I felt like we had a friend capturing our big and small moments throughout the day. She put everyone at ease, was very flexible, extremely positive and just all around awesome.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Kerri E

Caitlin was amazing. She was fun, down to earth, very easy to work with and good at getting the attention of a large, crazy wedding party and family in order to stay on schedule and get all of the shots we wanted. On our wedding day the location we chose to do our first look... Read More at had construction equipment in front of it. Caitlin noticed this before arriving and scoped out other locations for the first look so that when she delivered us the news about our first location she was able to offer solutions and other locations for us to use. She was thoughtful enough to ask what time we were leaving for our honeymoon the next day so that she could make sure to send some sneak peak photos before we got on the plane.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015

Caitlin was a blast to work with and totally made our wedding day. She has an amazing eye for finding and capturing unique opportunities. She was very accommodating with our requests, especially dealing with our two playful pups! She understands how important your day is and... Read More makes everything super easy so you have nothing to worry about. I would definitely recommend her to my dearest friends and family. We could not be happier with her work!

Reviewed on 12/04/2015 Sylvia C

Working with you was one of the best parts of our wedding process! From the initial meetings, to the engagement shoot, to the wedding day, Caitlin was extremely supportive, fun and professional. You were so easy to work with and you definitely surpassed our expectations! Andrew... Read More and I can’t thank you enough for being there to capture our wedding day. The photos are absolutely amazing. Each and every image is filled with emotion and love- which really shows your incredible talent! You captured such beautiful moments from our wedding and in doing so preserved beautiful memories! There were so many shots that I looked back at and never realized you had caught. My wedding day was everything I could have ever hoped for and I am so very thankful that you were there. You were much more than a photographer, you were also our friend. Thank you so much for everything! :)

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Margaret L

Caitlin will turn your wedding into a work of art. She is skilled at capturing the essence of the occasion. I was anxious that I would appear fake, or just have a bad picture day. However, I did not pose once, Caitlin some how just captured a beautiful side of everyone that day.... Read More My only regret was not hiring her for longer and not asking for more pictures with my friends. Every minute she is on the clock is worth it! Do not skimp and miss out on memories. As one of my friends said about the photos: "Seriously how much do you just want to upload all these pics to Facebook and be like in YOOOOOO FACE!!! " "So flippin' happy the photog got the essence and massive scale your wedding was... the lighting, the colors, and honestly, everyone just looking so happy." I had the most gorgeous wedding in the world, and I'd have no proof for my friends and family back in CA who missed it without Caitlin! Caitlin is a true professional and somehow managed to work with my chaotic family... so thankful she was the one to document this day!

Best Wedding Decision I Made!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Sarah A

Caitlin Lisa has a tremendous talent and creative eye. She photographed both our engagement and wedding photos and we could not be more pleased with our galleries! Her communication throughout the process was excellent and alleviated a lot of stress during the wedding... Read More planning. She met with us to discuss the look and feel we wanted, paying special attention to our most important details we were hoping to capture, and helped me craft a descriptive shot list. She also had great ideas for posing the wedding party that gave our photos a unique look and made the most of the setting we chose. When I received our wedding photo gallery I cried! It was amazing, above and beyond what I was hoping for. The images are stunning and she captured our special day better than I could have imagined. Our family and friends loved them as well, and told us they were the most beautiful (and creative) wedding photos they'd ever seen. She also gave us a special wedding keepsake afterwards, which was a nice surprise. Would strongly recommend!

Beautifully captured our special day

Reviewed on 9/18/2014 Alyssa D

Caitlin has a great eye for what backgrounds work and how to capture that special moment. We couldn't have asked for a better service. She was patient and listened to exactly what we wanted and encouraged us to try other ideas as well, many of which were our favorite photos... Read More after the fact! Both our engagement photos and our wedding photos were exactly what we wanted and we were excited to be able to include our dogs in our engagement shoot as well. Everyone loved our photos and we will cherish these photos for the rest of our lives.

Caitlin Lisa Bosch

After photographing my first wedding, I realized how incredible and unique each one is. I aim to tell your wedding story an elegant yet modern way that identifies with you as a couple! A bit about me: I am originally from Arizona, but absolutely love calling Chicago home. • I just got married in Chicago this past July and loved every minute of the wedding planning process. • I am obsessed with my golden retriever, Charlie. • I love food and exploring new restaurants—Let's meet for lunch or a drink! • I also love to travel and am happy to come to your destination to document your day!