Caitlin Thomas Photography

Artistic, Classic

Digital Files, Second Shooter Available

Pittsburgh, PA

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Caitlin was to work with for our engagement and wedding photos. Caitlin is cheerful, exceptionally responsive and a calming presence in the most whirlwind of times. She never made us feel like a burden when we changed schedules or changed... Read More our minds on the pictures we wanted, but was also assertive enough to provide her professional opinion when necessary (like making us take a few engagement shots outside on the street when rain derailed initial plans – shots that became some of our favorites). She and her assistant Sam have a style that is both beautiful and photojournalistic, capturing amazing candid moments in secret throughout the wedding day. Caitlin then went above and beyond the call of duty to take pictures of our venue after the day, including one amazing (but somewhat harrowing) pic from a rooftop ladder, because we had mentioned we wanted some venue pics. A good photographer is essential to your wedding experience, both in capturing the day and making you feel comfortable with being thrown into the center of attention, and Caitlin knocked both out of the park. Thank you for everything Caitlin (and Sam)!

Caitlin and the girls are AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 8/06/2015 Emilie H

Caitlin and her group of girls are SO talented! Caitlin shot our wedding, and engagement photos. She also provided an open-air photo booth at the reception. We got a TON of photos. All of the girls are extremely professional. You will never see them in anything but all... Read More black at your wedding. -Which I love! I've gone to a few weddings where the photographer(s) clothing really stood out. The girls are also really good at making you feel comfortable. My husband and I both hate having our pictures taken, but Caitlin made it a smooth process. We also got our photos back really quickly.

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Carey R

Caitlin is fantastic! My husband and I loved going through all of her gorgeous photos online and we were absolutely sold after meeting with her. We loved her energy and enthusiasm. We knew she was the perfect person to have with us day of! On top of being incredibly talented,... Read More Caitlin is unbelievably sweet. During our engagement session, she was phenomenal at putting us at ease and coaching us. The photos turned out amazing and we were much more prepared for the day of! During our wedding, I loved how she was able to capture so many special moments organically. I am so thrilled to have so many gorgeous memories that I can look back on. Her combination of amazing talent and fun, energetic personality was so perfect. I could not have asked for a more perfect person! I know we will be working with her again! Would highly recommend!!

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Erin S

Amazing photos! Caitlin and her assistant for our wedding (Samantha) were fantastic to work with! Caitlin had scoped out our venue in advance and found all of the best places to take pictures. Some of our favorite photos were taken in spots we never would have thought... Read More of. We absolutely love her fresh style and artistry and are so happy that we will have her works of art in our home as a memento of one of the best days of our lives. Thank you Caitlin!! (and Sam!)

Don't get me started on my love for Caitlin!

Reviewed on 6/12/2014 Sade M

I have been looking at Caitlin Thomas' blog for the last 5 years. When my husband and I got engaged, I literally jumped on the opportunity to work with her. I am such a fan of her laid back personally and attention to detail. She was absolutely an angel to work with and I am so... Read More so so so pleased with every one of our photos! I could never thank her enough for capturing the best day ever!!

Creative, Talented, and Beyond Amazing!

Reviewed on 8/04/2013 Diane S

We absolutely loved having Caitlin as our photographer! She is not only talented and creative, but was extremely supportive throughout the entire process. Caitlin and her husband Jim (second shooter) spent the entire day and evening with us capturing every special moment.... Read More They were both very supportive and made us feel comfortable during the transitions in the timeline. Our wedding pictures are beyond amazing! Caitlin has a great eye, and a creative photo journalistic approach. You would be absolutely crazy not to book her now!!!! Thanks Caitlin for capturing our day in a way we will never forget!!!!!!

Creative and Fun

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Mackenzie M

Following a previous recommendation from another friend whom had used Caitlin, I went with what was recommended and was not disappointed. Caitlin is a professional, fun, creative, and responsible vendor that I was able to rely upon throughout the engagement period up through... Read More the end of my wedding day. She is an excellent communicator, easy to work with, and plans well in preparation for the wedding day. Spending the day with her and her husband, Jim, was stress free and fun! Following the wedding, the photos were ready in only a few weeks and very easy to view, order, and share with friends and family.

Fantastic Photographer, and Person.

Reviewed on 5/29/2013 Jennifer G

Caitlin was the first "vendor" that I booked for our entire wedding. I have admired her work for years and watched her only get better and better. She is such a lovely woman and an amazing photographer. I try to emphasize to all of my friends how important it is to not only have... Read More a good photographer, but have someone you feel comfortable with. Caitlin is not only crazy talented, but just like one of your best friends. She is photographing you on the most important day of your life. Not to mention, some of the most romantic and intimate photos that anyone will ever take of you. My fiance and I were 100% comfortable in front of her lens and I recommend her to everyone I know. Book her immediately!

SO many beautiful photos!

Reviewed on 4/07/2013 Cait M

Caitlin and her husband were great to work with! She is SO talented and made everything so easy for us on the day of the wedding. Our engagement photos went great and she got them posted for us to see very quickly. For the wedding, I had gone over some specific photos I wanted... Read More to get and they made sure we didn’t miss any of them, including all of the family formal shots we requested. We asked her to give us a little direction so we were able to get some posed shots but she also got so many beautiful candid shots, many of which were little moments that we didn’t see on the big day. She even helped with my dress bustle and had safety pins on hand when we had trouble with it! We are having the hardest time deciding what pictures to enlarge and put in an album because there are so many beautiful options. Caitlin’s photography is a great value for her level of professionalism and talent, we couldn’t be happier with our decision to work with her!

My favorite vendor- amazing pictures!

Reviewed on 12/30/2011 Lindsey F

Caitlin was awesome! Everyone that looked at our photos said they were the best wedding pictures they had ever seen! Her photo jounalistic style captured not only beautiful still shots but the real emotion and memories of the evening! From the first meeting i knew she would... Read More be perfect- personable, interested, creative, and reasonably priced! She blended right in during the couse of the evening- as if we had been friends forever- but the most talented friend you have! An extra bonus is she blogs your wedding which is a great way for friends and families to scroll through pictures without the annoying slideshow. My wedding was made even more perfect knowing that the night would be captured with amazing pictures!

Captured our special moments perfectly

Reviewed on 10/29/2011 Lori

caitlin is an amazing photographer! our engagement pictures and wedding pictures turned out better than expected. she has a great modern yet classic style and records your day in a photojournalist way. she was very open to locations for our engagement pictures and was willing to... Read More go to 3 different sites to shoot. she is very easy to work with and contact. she also has reasonable pricing. i highly recommend her and tell my friends getting married about her!

Lucky to have her!

Reviewed on 10/04/2011 Gina C

Caitlin is AMAZING! If you are looking to relive your wedding through your photos, hire Caitlin Thomas Photography. Her ability to capture candid moments is exceptional and even the posed family photos went quickly and smoothly. I can't say enough good things about her - we... Read More were so lucky to have found her for our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 Sarah s

Caity was easy to communicate with, she was punctual for the event itself, and she went virtually unnoticed during our reception while still getting some amazing pictures. And she was able to send us proofs of all our photos as well as a draft of our official album within one... Read More month of the event. I would definitely recommend Caitlin Thomas to everyone.

Loved Her and our Pictures!

Reviewed on 8/16/2011 Dominique C

Caity did an amazing job! Everyone loves her and the pictures that she captured! I recommend her to EVERYONE!

Best Photographer Ever!!

Reviewed on 9/30/2010 Laura P

Caitlin is the most amazing photographer ever! I heard about her through some friends so I checked out her website. She had a contest going on at the time so I decided to enter and I ended up winning an engagement session at a deeply discounted price. We met her a few weeks... Read More later for our engagement session and we just fell in love with her! She made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera (which isn't easy since I have always been so self conscience of my appearance). She is so easy to talk to and has a wonderful personality. We immediately booked her for our wedding. I just got back my wedding proofs a few weeks ago and she did an outstanding job! Her work is very modern and beautiful. She captured every little detail of our wedding day. Choosing Caitlin was the best decision I ever made. She is now our photographer for life!

Caitlin Thomas Photography - AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/26/2010 Andrea M

Of all my wedding vendors, Caitlin Thomas Photography was the BEST choice I made. Caitlin was easy going, friendly and professional from the initial meeting and throughout the whole process. She and Jimmy (her assistant) had great ideas for pictures, and were a delight to have... Read More with us on our wedding day. Our pictures are GORGEOUS - amazing and artistic and better than we ever expected. Caitlin truly has a gift for photography and we are SO extremely pleased that she was the one to photograph our wedding day!!

TO Caitlin Thomas Photography