Is this your business? claim it now

Cakabakery

Grand Rapids, MI

Cakes + Desserts

1436 Wealthy St SE, Grand Rapids, MI

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 8/26/2015 Elizabeth W

If you have any event in the West Michigan area, I cannot recommend The Cakabakery enough! Jason is an absolute gem, and will help you realize all of your confectionary dreams! Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but tasted extraordinary! We also had 7 dozen cupcakes for... Read More only 75 people, and not a single crumb was left! A joy to work with, and beautiful, tasty results, win win win!

Cake was Amazing, service was not.

Reviewed on 2/19/2015 Brittany L

Let me start out with, the cake, cupcakes and cake pops tasted amazing. So as far as the baked goods, perfect! The flavors are so good here and there is such a variaty! But the one thing I found rather annoying was the lack of respect I got from the workers here. I went in with... Read More my husband (fiance at the time) to do a taste test and get a quote for our cake (and cakepops and cupcakes) and after the meeting we didn't ever recieve a quote. I emailed and called a few times and finally 4 weeks later I got my price. But I can forgive a business for being busy and I had given myself plenty of time so a couple of weeks wasn't going to kill me and I really loved their cakes! After I recieved the quote I told the owner I wanted to put the deposit down and reserve my cake. He told me I needed to send a check, which I did maybe 2 days later. A month before my wedding the owner emailed me and asked if I was still insterested in getting my cake from them, I reponded politely, yes I already sent in the deposit, a check which you guys already cashed. He responded with a 'lol looks like I'm more orginized than I though' I was starting to get a little worried. About a week before my wedding I called to ask when my final payment was due and the women on the phone was rather rude and told me I had one more day before my order would be dropped. I will admit it was probably my fault for not listen in the begining because I'm sure they told me when final payment was due but I'm pretty sure they weren't even planning on calling me to make sure I didn't forget about it before they cancelled my order. But alas, I made it in time and paid the remaining amount via credit card over the phone. Finally the big day was here and everything was going perfect, when the cake arrived I didn't even see the people come and set the cake up. They didn't talk to anyone to say your cake is here or to let anyone know what things needed to be returned, etc (we had started pictures already but I had lots of helpers hanging around). But that didn't really matter, except the only decorations I wanted on my cake were one ribbon around each tier with the top tier having a little flower shaped bow and guess what? They didn't do that it was a plain white cake... Like I said it was a delicious cake and everyone there thought it looked great but I was very dissapointed with how I was treated throughout the whole process of ordering and I gave them the easiest cake in the world to make and they couldn't even do it right. I am a little younger than their average bride (if I had to guess) and I think they didn't really take me seriously. I was pretty dissapointed with them but a good cake is a good cake so if you are willing to deal with some not so perfect customer service and you don't mind if your cake doesn't look like what you asked for you will not be dissapointed in the taste!

Beautiful & Delicious Cake, Nice People--Book them now!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lauren D

I asked Cakabakery to make cupcake favors for my wedding (the strawberry champagne--wow! It kills me that I cannot have one more often.) and they did a beautiful job. They made everything so easy and lovely--we were thrilled. Then--10 days before my wedding--my original cake... Read More plans fell apart. I booked someone else, there were personal issues that arose--no one's fault, but I had no one to make my cake a week out. Cakabakery swooped in magically and made me the wedding cake of my dreams. This cake was beautiful and delicious. It looked exactly the way I always hoped my wedding cake would & it was so good--the best wedding cake I've ever eaten! Did I mention it was vegan? This place is great. I'd highly advise going to try lots of cupcakes--even if you didn't book them for some reason (do it, they're the best in town) you would get to eat lots of yummy cake.

The Best

Reviewed on 9/24/2014 Alicia F

Jason is awesome! He took my ideas and made them a reality. My cake was fabulous and the cupcakes were divine. He uses fresh ingredients and the resulting flavors are mouth watering. He delivered my cake and cupcakes over 40 minutes away and everything arrived in perfect... Read More condition.

Cake was delicious, looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/15/2014 Kaela S

Jason was very easy to work with. We LOVE the Cakabakery & haven't tried a cupcake we didn't like yet :) choosing flavors was the most difficult part The cake was exactly as I'd imagined and tasted delicious. It was delivered promptly and part of my deposit was refunded... Read More when I returned the cake stand. I would definitely recommend.

Awesome desserts!

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Ashley B

My mother-in-law introduced us to the Cakabakery and their desserts are seriously to die for! We loved our small wedding cake and our dessert table had cupcakes, cake pops, and caramel corn. Jason came in and set everything up for us and it was beyond perfect!! He did an... Read More awesome job displaying our desserts and they tasted as good as they looked-we had very many compliments from guests about the desserts!! Would definitely recommend the Cakabakery to any bride!

So cute and delicious!

Reviewed on 5/23/2014 Kendra W

The Cakabakery did an amazing job with our wedding cake-pops! From the moment we did our initial tasting in his local bakery, I knew we were in good hands. We chose the classic flavors... chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry champagne and they were all soooo good. They... Read More displayed one pop at each plate setting (with very simple but elegant wrapping) and created a great display on our candy bar! It was very easy to work with Jason (and his team) and I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Get the carrot cake!

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Nicole B

I knew that I wanted a naked cake for our wedding (a cake without frosting). This kind of cake is just becomming popular so some bakeries hadn't even heard of it yet. Another bakery tried to talk me out of it saying it would dry out too much (this bakery was also very pricey and... Read More arrogant...wouldn't even think about working with them!). When I talked to Jason at Cakabakery he said he had done naked cakes and assured me that if it is made correctly that it wouldn't dry out. Our cake turned out wonderful and was delicious! My only disappointment was that one of the sheet cakes we ordered (we had a small tiered cake and 2 sheet cakes) had the wrong frosting on it. Other than that, I was very happy. Jason is extremely personable and great to work with. They also have really good cookies!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Alicia M

The Cakabakery is outstanding! Jason and team offer wonderful service and make the best cakes and cupcakes in town! I highly recommend them for your wedding. They are worth every penny. Jason caught my vision for the wedding, customized the cupcakes to meet our needs and even... Read More made a birthday cake for my special day. He rocks!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/09/2013 Kelli C

Jason does a great job! We had cupcakes at our wedding and they were a hit! Guests loved them, and many took home extras at the end of the night. The Cakabakery is still fairly new, but they have been incredibly busy... because of this, it was initially a little tough to... Read More get in touch with Jason to look into availability. My advice is to go in person to the Cakabakery and try to talk to Jason in person about setting up a cake tasting time since he could be slow to respond via phone/email (b/c he's been bombarded with so many requests)... Plus since you're there in person, you can buy a few of his cupcakes and try out a few flavors outside of the tasting! Overall, great local business... Jason really cares about putting out a great product! Highly recommended!

Do not go anywhere else for your cake!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Bethany K

Jason is a doll to work with. His flavors are amazing, and his quality of work is like none other. I still crave his cake daily.

Delicious Cake!

Reviewed on 9/27/2012 Kelli P

The Cakabakery was amazing to work with. So easy going and eager to meet all of our needs! We had three delicious flavors of cupcakes and our guests all raved about them! Everything was delivered on time and displayed perfectly. Truly a great bakery!

So tasty!

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Magdalyn V

I found Jason Kakabaker at the GR Unveiled bridal show. He was so friendly and so easy to work with. We had a tasting with him and were blown away by his carrot cake - and neither one of us really even like carrot cake!! He made our cupcakes and our anniversary cake. He's new,... Read More fresh, local and SO talented. The only bad thing - a few cupcakes were burnt.

TO Cakabakery