We Make Your Cake Dreams Come True!

If you can dream it, Cakes by Gina can make it! From the moment you visit our bakery to the drop off and setup of your wedding cake, you will experience exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on our collaborative process with our clients because we feel every event is special and unique! If you are looking to create a work of edible art, look no further than award-winning Cakes by Gina. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary cake tasting and private consultation and experience the design and expertise that has made Cakes by Gina one of the most sought-after cake bakers in the greater Houston area.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

14165 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX (281) 495-9400
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Michelle M

Cakes by Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with in picking out my husband and my wedding cakes. We went into the process expecting to have a good time choosing designs and flavors for our cakes, but Gina went above and beyond in making our experience even better. My parents... Read More joined us for cake tasting, and all of us looking back would say it was one of our favorite moments in wedding planning. We all loved the experience not just because the cake was delicious but because Gina and her team are a blast to be around. Gina also drew a design of both of our cakes right in front of us, which has turned out to be one of our favorite keepsakes from wedding planning. And lastly, while we expected the cake to be tasty, I had no idea that our wedding cake for 300 people would be one of the most delicious desserts I have ever tasted. Our guests gave rave reviews as well. Thanks to Gina and her team for an amazing experience leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We highly recommend Cakes by Gin to any couple getting married in Houston!

2017-05-02T10:34:12 Response from the vendor

Wow! What an incredible review. You have blown us away with your kind words! We love to have fun here at Cakes by Gina! We hope that we have created a relationship with you that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Lauren A

WOW!!! Where to start.... our cakes were gorgeous and exceeded our expectations!!! We did a UT tower for our grooms cake and it looked REAL! Every detail from the clock, swirls, lines were absolutely perfect and looked like the real thing!! If not better! It was a photo location... Read More the whole night!! Our wedding cake... oh my goshhhhh! Gina is so creative and used my wedding dress as the inspiration for the cake! Each layer was based on something different from my dress. She used the detail of the lace, my belt, the buttons on the back of my dress and the ruffle bottom to create a beautiful representation of my dress. I thought this was absolutely amazing and so artistic! We had so many comments on how unique and beautiful it was! Not to mention... her cakes taste AMAZING. We also got cookies are our favor from here. They were so detailed and beautiful! Here attention to detail is unmatched! Absolute best cake vendor there is!!!!

2016-07-26T12:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed both your wedding cake and grooms cake. The team really enjoyed working on them with you! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Lucy Z

Gina's cakes are absolutely amazing. We had a huge wedding cake for 400+ guests and Gina's crew definitely delivered. The cake looked exactly like how we had planned it and incorporated our dream for what we wanted. We had multiple flavors for each tier, and it was absolutely... Read More delicious. Thank you!

2017-05-25T09:15:57 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun creating your cake and we do appreciate your amazing review! Congratulations and we hope to work with you on other special events in the future!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Rima C

Amazing cakes! The best ever! Worth every penny. Once you have tasted their cakes, you wont go anywhere else. Fantastic ladies also. Great service.

2017-05-25T09:16:22 Response from the vendor

YOU are amazing for giving us a 5 star review! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Leah S

Our cake turned out beautifully! They were responsive and flexible with changes.

2017-05-25T09:16:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your review and we hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Teal C

Great cake and flavors! If you want a incredible cake you must go to Gina!

2017-05-23T09:52:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Daniel L

Gina did an incredible job with our wedding cake. Her proposal on the cake design was wonderful and the final result surpassed what we envisioned. The cake flavors (as we had 4 tiers) were incredible and our guests were elated with the tres leches tier (from what I understand,... Read More she is the only place in town that can do a tres leches). Above all, she made us feel special and felt that our cake was made with care and love. I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Gina. Mind you, we tried many other well-known places (River Oaks area) and they couldn't compare to the taste or cost.

2017-05-10T10:56:04 Response from the vendor

We are so humbled by your review. We appreciate you taking the time to not only taste our cakes but to post such amazing words! We hope to work with you again for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Vivian B

We loved the cakes the moment we did the tasting! There were so many good flavors that it was difficult to choose the best one. The cake looked exactly how I envisioned it, and we got many compliments from our guests about how delicious it was! Can't wait to have it again at our... Read More first anniversary!

2017-05-10T10:56:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We look forward to working with you again!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Krista R

Cakes by Gina gave me exactly what I originally wanted. My one complaint is that I called after the first meeting and wanted my flowers on the cake switched to roses, but they went with original, which wasn't a deal breaker at all. The cake still looked amazing and tasted great!... Read More We also did cake balls as our wedding favor which were a major hit! They really made the cake testing fun and made me really involved in every decision. They have a large variety of flavors and we were able to have tres leches as our top layer (my california family didn't even know what that was). Overall was very happy with the cake and cake balls. Everyone said it tasted great!

2017-05-10T10:57:50 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you fantastic review of your experience with us. We are so sorry for the miscommunication. We put a Peony Rose on your cake, thinking this was what you wanted, based on the photos and notes we had. We will be sure to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michelle G

Cakes by Gina was awesome! From the very 1st cake tasting, to the day of! They brought my vision to life on paper during our 1st visit, and it turned out just like we pictured. Our guests loved the delicious flavors and gave many compliments about the look of it. I would... Read More definitely recommend Cakes by Gina :)

2017-04-27T09:40:44 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you. Thank you so much for the amazing review and we hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Blanca G

We cannot thank you enough for our beautiful wedding cake!! Everyone was so in love with it and asking where we got it, especially once they got to taste it. I highly recommend this place, they will not let you down!!!

2017-04-27T09:40:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you for the kind words and 5 star review! :)

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Sharna C

Gina's Cakes was a wonderful experience. The cake tasting was professional and had so many delicious choices. The young lady who helped us took copious notes and had excellent attention to detail. She offered grate suggestions to enhance the elegance of our ideas. We had a fun... Read More mix of elegance and night at the movies. They did a wonderful job of creating detailed fondant creations to represent several of our favorite films. Including a wand from Harry Potter and the Rapier from princess bride. Each layer was a scrumptious delicious different flavor. The cake was moist and elegant. The colors were a spot on match for our wedding colors. My husbands grooms cake was an ode to Dr who and they created a galaxy sky that had depth and dimension and so much flavor. It was a vision to see on the wedding day and tasted wonderful for days after with yummy left overs. They are a creative and unique cake shop and really delivered on the vision we had for the wedding day. We highly recommend them for any fun occasion especially a wedding that wants creative flare.

2017-04-27T09:39:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We had so much fun creating your cakes!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Heather M

Cakes by Gina is definitely the place to go for your wedding cake. They have so many flavor/filling combinations to offer. The cake is absolutely delicious. I had so many compliments at my wedding about how amazing the cake was. They were friendly and helpful throughout the... Read More whole process. Community was great. If you have a specific design in mind they can do it. I should them a picture of my dress and Gina was able to replicate details of my dress on the cake. I had many people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding cake they had ever seen. Seeing the cake for the first time brought me to tears. Thank you Cakes by Gina for making my wedding day so special.

2017-04-27T09:37:54 Response from the vendor

Tears of joy! We are so happy that you were so thrilled with your cake and we appreciate the 5 star review! We can't wait to work with you for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jacqueline P

Cakes by Gina was fabulous for my wedding! I looked at quite a few bakeries in Houston and Cakes by Gina definitely had the best flavors, along with the best customer service. I will definitely be using them again!

2017-03-21T11:05:03 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate this 5 star review and are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience! We hope to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Alison C

I fell in love with Cakes by Gina when I first moved to Houston. I tried their cake balls during a fashion week event in the Galleria, and it was then and there that I decided to go with them for my wedding cake if I could! (This was before I even met my husband) Fast forward... Read More a couple years...my fiance (now husband) and I started looking for a wedding cake, but I couldn't remember the name of the bakery I fell in love with before. Luckily, we went to Cakes by Gina for a cake tasting because they were recommended by our vendor. My eyes lit up when I recognized their postcard/flyer from couple years back in the Galleria. Their cakes were just as amazing as the cake balls I remembered. We booked our cake with them at the end of the tasting and canceled all our other cake tastings (because it was love at first bite!) Cakes by Gina did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake. It looked absolutely beautiful. If there was one thing I could change about the cake...it would be to get a bigger cake! We thought we would have a lot of cake leftover (our cake more than covered the headcount we had), but we actually didn't have enough. Maybe Cakes by Gina will invite us back for another cake tasting since we didn't get to enjoy our cake at the reception...? If you're looking for a delicious and beautiful cake, I highly recommend checking them out!

2017-03-09T08:57:40 Response from the vendor

We are so appreciative of your great review. Thank you! Please give us a call and we will get you set up with a slice of cake for you to enjoy! We would love to see you again!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Maegan R

The cakes Gina made were absolutely beautiful, and tasted great. So much hard work went into these cakes. The groom's cake was possibly the coolest I have ever seen. HOWEVER, we were shorted an entire cake in my 4 tier wedding cake, and many guests, including my parents, never... Read More got to eat any. When we called Gina about the issue right after the wedding, she acted as if we were lying about the missing cake. Later on, she found the missing cake at her bakery, and called to correct her error and apologize, but the fact remained that we didn't have enough cake at the wedding, and she made us feel like we were lying when she was confronted about the mistake. We were compensated for the missing cake, but when paying so much for cakes, we expected each guest at the wedding to be able to have a piece.

2017-02-21T10:26:17 Response from the vendor

Hi, Maegan. We do appreciate your positive account of the look of your cakes and you noting that we did indeed reimburse you for the missing 9" tier that would have served 26 guests. While this has not ever happened to us before, it did... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Robert M

Cakes by Gina made our dream wedding cake! All of our guest couldn't stop raving about the tres leches inspired flavor. The hand painting was gorgeous and looked exactly like we had envisioned! I would highly recommend Cakes by Gina. We met with many other vendors before we made... Read More our choice. Cakes by Gina was the only one with great customer service and beautiful cakes! They can do anything!

2017-01-31T11:26:31 Response from the vendor

Aw wow! You are so awesome for saying such great things! We appreciate the 5 star review and we hope we get to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Jessica M

Gina made exactly what we were wanting. My 4 tier bridal cake was gorgeous, and my husbands A&M bonfire groomsman cake was everything we wanted. Not to mention, these cakes were absolutely delicious!!

2017-01-26T09:51:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope to see you again for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 1/19/2017 Rachel A

Cakes by Gina was incredible from start to finish! Their cakes taste amazing. We chose vanilla with white icing, lemon with raspberry, and chocolate with chocolate ganache for our wedding cake. For the grooms cake we chose Tres Leches (delicious!!). You will not be disappointed... Read More if you choose Cakes by Gina. They are extremely easy to communicate with and their quality of work is impeccable. Not to mention they are well priced for what you get. Thank you Cakes by Gina for making our day so special!! :)

2017-01-27T12:17:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5-star review and kind words. We hope to work with you in the future!!!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Hillary R

There is a reason that Cakes by Gina is one of the premiere Cake bakers in Houston, is because they rock! They facilities are professional and their employees are too. I have ZERO concerns that the cake would be fantastic. They were not pushy with what to have and really let me... Read More choose. As my mom wrote "My daughters cake was both perfectly beautiful and delicious. My only complaint is that it was so good, my guests ate it all. Good job Gina!" We literally had no cake left at the end of the night!!! People were going crazy over it. Can't wait to use them again

2017-01-26T09:44:08 Response from the vendor

So incredibly sweet! Thank you for the amazing review! We can't wait to work with you again!

Reviewed on 1/09/2017 Elisabeth M

Cakes by Gina took our picture perfect wedding cake and made it a reality! Not only did it look beautiful but it also tasted great. It was certainly a hit with all the guests!

2017-01-17T10:59:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled you and your guests were pleased with your cakes. Please consider us for your next special event!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Kaile R

Our wedding cake was delicious and our guests loved it too!!! Our cake was simple but BEAUTIFUL! When we did out tasting with them we were sold right away. I had other tastings that day but I canceled as soon as we started our tasting experience.

2016-12-27T09:51:04 Response from the vendor

We LOVE hearing that! Ha! Thank you so much for the great review and we hope to create amazing cakes for you in the future! Remember to think of us for all of life's special moments that need cake!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Virginia

Cakes by Gina was GREAT! They were so easy to work with and communicate. They were organized from day one. The cake taste testing was so fun and personal. The cake was a huge hit at my wedding. Everyone raved about how delicious it was! Definitely get the marble flavor :-)... Read More Highly recommend using them for wedding, birthday, or any special event.

2016-12-26T11:07:05 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you had such a wonderful experience with us! It was an honor and pleasure to be a part of your special day! We hope to see you again in the future for other special moments! :)

Reviewed on 12/11/2016 Madisyn A

I loved their customer service! The cakes were AMAZING and very yummy!! I am so happy we used Cakes by Gina!!

2016-12-12T10:03:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5-star review and kind words. We appreciate you and hope to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Michelle D

One of the most fun parts of the entire wedding planning process was our cake tasting at Cakes by Gina. They knew exactly what we were looking for and were not pushy sales people. Plus, the cake is delicious and they let you taste so many flavors. Our cake was beautiful and... Read More everyone raved about it!

2016-12-12T10:02:38 Response from the vendor

We think cake tastings are the best part of the wedding planning process too and we work hard to make it a fun experience! Thank you for acknowledging that part and we hope to work with you again for future milestone moments!