Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008
Bow2007

14165 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Melissa S

Cakes by Gina is AMAZING! They are professional, kind, accommodating, and have delicious cakes! I am gluten free and didn't mention it when I called to book the tasting because I assumed they would not have anything gluten free. When they called to confirm my appointment I... Read More mentioned that I would not be tasting but that my fiancee would because i was GF. She told me they do GF cakes and they would have a vanilla and chocolate one for me to taste. The tasting was perfect! My husband got to taste several different flavors of cake and he loved every single one of them. The gluten free cakes that I tasted were the best I have ever had. During our tasting they drew out our ideas and what our cakes would look like. Of course, we ended up booking Cakes by Gina. Our wedding was a couple of months ago and everyone has been telling us how wonderful the cakes were at the wedding. Mine was beautiful and my husbands was awesome exactly what he wanted. Thanks Cakes by Gina for the best Wedding and Grooms Cake!

2016-08-11T10:29:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the cakes, and I hope you and your husband are enjoying married life! Have a great day! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Lauren A

WOW!!! Where to start.... our cakes were gorgeous and exceeded our expectations!!! We did a UT tower for our grooms cake and it looked REAL! Every detail from the clock, swirls, lines were absolutely perfect and looked like the real thing!! If not better! It was a photo location... Read More the whole night!! Our wedding cake... oh my goshhhhh! Gina is so creative and used my wedding dress as the inspiration for the cake! Each layer was based on something different from my dress. She used the detail of the lace, my belt, the buttons on the back of my dress and the ruffle bottom to create a beautiful representation of my dress. I thought this was absolutely amazing and so artistic! We had so many comments on how unique and beautiful it was! Not to mention... her cakes taste AMAZING. We also got cookies are our favor from here. They were so detailed and beautiful! Here attention to detail is unmatched! Absolute best cake vendor there is!!!!

2016-07-26T12:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed both your wedding cake and grooms cake. The team really enjoyed working on them with you! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jennifer E

Declicious and beautiful cake!!! We got so many compliments on it. Thanks so much!!!

2016-12-01T11:50:46 Response from the vendor

Aw, thank you! We are glad you (and your guests) loved it!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Catherine S

AMAZING!!! Staff was the best. Her cakes are just as beautiful as they are delicious. We couldn't have been more pleased.

2016-11-29T11:46:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5 star review!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Natasha G

Cakes by Gina is an absolute delight to work with. We worked with Delores and she made sure nothing fell through the cracks. She was very prompt in follow-up. Their cake is so tasty! We got so many compliments on how good our cake was. 100% recommmend, it will be a great... Read More selection!

2016-11-18T07:57:24 Response from the vendor

Dolores is AWESOME and we are so lucky to have her! Thank you for your sweet words and amazing review. We truly appreciate it and hope to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 John K

No need to go anywhere else. Cakes by Gina is not only the best tasting, they are simply the best. They designed and created the cakes we envisioned. Reliable set-up. We would rec0mmend them highly.

2016-11-18T07:56:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you so much and hope we will be able to work with you again in the future for other special occasions!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Sara B

My husband and I had the most wonderful experience with Cakes by Gina! The tasting was so fun, everyone we met with was kind, professional, and really knowledgeable. We felt comfortable asking questions, making changes, and they were really honest and up front about pricing. We... Read More showed them a picture of what we wanted and were able to make the photo come to life! We would use them again for other events as well :)

2016-11-16T09:13:28 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience in our shop and we are so appreciative of the great review! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Olivia B

They were awesome!! We would like to immediately point out that the groom is gluten intolerant, and they accommodated us where many bakeries could not. We had tiers that were gluten free, and tiers of regular style cake. They have so many delicious flavors of cake and filling to... Read More choose from. Our cake was beautiful and delicious!! Everyone loved the cake, including the groom. They were a pleasure to work with and accommodating. If you want a beautiful, delicious, fresh (never frozen) cake, Cakes by Gina is the place to go!

2016-11-15T13:36:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this amazing review! We are happy that we were able to accommodate your husband and we look forward to working with you in the future for all of life's special moments that deserve celebrating with cake!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kate G

Cakes by Gina did a fantastic job!!!! I was my own wedding planner and they were easy to work with, recommended the right amount and were on time on the big day = no stress for me. The cake was gorgeous and as designed. I highly recommend Gina's. We really enjoyed the cake... Read More tasting - so many great flavors to choose from and the price was well within our budget.

2016-11-10T13:19:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you!

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Lisa D

Cakes by Gina did a fantastic job on both the cakes, Paul was very happy with all the detail that went into his cake and I was amazed that Gina was able to get the cake exactly how I wanted it. I will definitely recommend Cakes by Gina.

2016-11-10T13:19:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback and 5 star review. We really appreciate it and hope you see you again for the next special occasion!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Janet P

Absolutely love the cake she made for my wedding! It looks exactly like how we discussed. The taste of the cake was great.

2016-11-10T13:18:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the 5 star review!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Tammy C

We are so happy we chose Cakes by Gina for our wedding cake. We opted to have several flavors but the peanut butter filling with marble cake was such a hit with our guests. The staff is professional and responsive.

2016-11-10T13:18:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you! The peanut butter buttercream is amazing! So glad you chose it and that it was a hit!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Holly F

Cakes by Gina did a fabulous job with my wedding cake. Every aspect was professionally handled and the cake was beautiful and delicious. I would recommend her to anyone!

2016-11-10T13:18:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you! We appreciate your referrals! We hope to see you for future special moments!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 David N

After a successful wedding with only a few bumps I wanted to back and thank all of the vendors who helped make the day go by smoothly. Cake tasting is one of those things if everything goes well (fingers crossed), you only get to do ONCE in your life. I mean when else can you... Read More call up places and set up appointments for you to get FREE cake?! The team at Cakes by Gina was one of the few vendors that had the styrofoam cake layers. It seems so simple but it goes a long ways to visualize how big your cake will be when stacked up. They also, have pages upon pages of past cakes they have designed so you can pick what you want. Their staff actually takes the time to draw you a representation of what they will create and the results are on point! Once, we decided on how big and the design, the most important part, the cake taste and flavor! We had done some individual research and scheduled other vendors, but almost all of my friend's got their wedding cakes here so we waited to try them last. The location is a bit far out, and the strip center is not what you would expect, but the results are in that first bite. After tasting their amaretto we were sold! This is one of their signature flavors and it's so good! We had tasted a lot of other places' strawberry filling and knew we also wanted that. Their strawberry rendition was up there with the others so we knew which 2 flavors we wanted. And when I say that their cake is delicious, let me dare say it's up there with Whole Food's Berry Chantilly! And if anyone knows me, that is the Mt. Everest of cakes in my opinion. The day of the wedding, the cake arrived and it was simple beautiful, a piece of edible art! The cake was so darn delicious, that I actually ate leftover cake as one of my first meals together as a couple. If you want a cake vendor that will deliver on their promises as far as taste and execution this is your place!

2016-11-10T13:17:42 Response from the vendor

We LOVE to do cake tastings and think it is an important part of the process. We are so happy that you had an amazing experience with us at Cakes by Gina. Thank you for the amazing review!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Rachel W

We ordered both our wedding and groom's cakes from Cakes by Gina for our wedding last month, and I have to say they did an excellent job. During our wedding cake hunt, we went to several well known cake shops/boutiques around town but were either let down by the service or the... Read More cake quality (or in a few instances both). Our wedding planner recommended Cakes by Gina to us. Everything about our experience with them from start to finish was excellent. They take the time to get to know your style and will work with you to make something completely custom. They also let you try as many cake flavors/combos as you want, all with complimentary coffee :) All of their flavors are great and their cake is super moist. Both of our cakes were beautiful and tasted amazing - we got so many compliments on them. To make our great customer experience even better, Gina also sent a surprise "cupcake" (quotations because it was the largest cupcake I've ever seen) for my now-husband when she learned his birthday overlapped with the wedding. They care about their customers and deliver an amazing product. I would not necessary call this a budget shop per say, but certainly not overpriced either - it is a good price for the quality of product and service you are getting. I would definitely recommend them.

2016-11-10T13:14:05 Response from the vendor

We are so happy that he enjoyed his special surprise cupcake! Thank you so much for the amazing review! We appreciate you and hope to see you for future special moments!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Monika W

This is by far the best cake you will ever have in your life. I don't even like cake, and both my cake and the groom's cake blew me away. I literally would daydream about getting to eat this cake again on my wedding day after our tasting - super moist and amazing flavors. My... Read More cake was absolutely beautiful (I opted for a naked cake with fresh flowers and it turned out exactly how I wanted it to), and my husband's cake was in the shape of his dog's face and it was hilarious/amazing. Gina and her staff were easy to work with and extremely helpful - zero issues on my wedding day, both cakes were perfect :) I will definitely be calling her up around our anniversary and ordering a small cake to celebrate.

2016-10-12T10:23:19 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We hope to work with you again in the future for other special milestones in your life!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Yue Z

Gina makes the best cake in Houston! Everyone at our wedding was so happy with the cake. Both the wedding cake and groom's cake turned out beyond our expectations. Especially the groom's cake, which featured the Doctor's TARDIS and Harry Porter book, look fantastic. We have... Read More received so many compliments on those cake and people asked about the vendor a lot.. We were really happy and satisfied that we chose Cake by Gina. The entire team were extremely nice and professional. They were responsive and communicative to all my questions and concerns. They paid attention to details and fulfilled my vision for my big day. I'd highly recommend Gina if you are searching for a bakery in Houston area for your wedding.

2016-10-10T09:29:32 Response from the vendor

We loved creating these cakes for your wedding. Thank you so much for the amazing review and for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Yue Z

2016-10-12T10:24:00 Response from the vendor

You are too kind. Thank you so much for your amazing review! We hope you will consider us for other special moments in your life that deserve cake!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Blanca A

We had our wedding day cake made by Cakes by Gina. It was delicious & beautiful!! They captured exactly the look I wanted for our perfect day and once the florists brought the flowers it was perfect! From the very beginning of this process to the end it was easy and I felt... Read More comfortable with my choice. Thank you SO MUCH!! (:

2016-10-12T10:24:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Shelby R

Gina did our wedding cake for our wedding back in June and let me tell you, she did an AMAZING job! My husband and I heard about Cakes by Gina from a friend and these people are nothing but professional. I called on a whim for a cake tasting and they were able to get us in. Me,... Read More my mom, and my husband were BLOW AWAY by the quality of the cakes and the delicious flavors they had. We had a vision and a budget in mind and Gina worked with us. On the day of the wedding, she delivered a high quality cake that was a show stopper. I could not believe my eyes on how gorgeous my cake was! Not to mention, every slice of cake was eaten. We originally had a grooms cake but decided at the last minute to just go with a brides cake because we were afraid that not all the cake would be eaten. My husband and I both had a bite and were so tempted to eat our topper when we got home the next day. Gina, thank you so much for service, we will gladly use you again!

2016-09-07T15:34:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the cake! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Monica P

Absolutely delicious! I am so glad my planner referred us here as I wouldn't have come across this little shop otherwise. From the tasting, to the understanding and drawing of what I wanted, to the presentation, and last the taste of the cake made for a great treat. The ideas... Read More they have come up with are quite amazing. So glad the taste matches how great the cake decorations look!

2016-08-31T14:44:13 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the great review! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Ashley M

Our bridal and grooms cakes from Cakes by Gina were amazing! Gina was so easy to work with and everything was handled promptly and professionally. Delivery was on time and everything looked great!

2016-08-31T14:43:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your cakes! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Lyndee R

Loved my cake, tasted great, looked amazing, and they were so eas you to work with and can't beat the price.

2016-07-26T12:40:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed it! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Denissia G

I was blown away by the service we received! Coming in I had a very picky vision for my cake and we sat for an hour planning and drawing until I fell in love with the design! On top of that, all of the cakes we tried we unbelievably tasty! You will not be disappointed! We... Read More purchased my bridal shower cake and my wedding cake from Gina! Both blew me away and it was everything I have ever wanted in a wedding cake! Thank you again for being apart of my special day!

2016-07-18T10:34:49 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you enjoyed your cakes! Thank you for the review, and for being such a great customer! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Meghan G

Amazing CAKE! Our first meeting with Gina was so much fun. We were able to taste as many falovrs of cake as we wanted & cake balls too. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she delivered. Gina and her team are extremly talented. The goom's cake was a Harley Davidson F250... Read More truck with dogs riding in the bed of the truck. The details were adorable. My husband and I are excited to share the top tier on our anniversary.

2016-07-18T10:33:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review! Those cakes were a lot of fun to work on and I'm glad you enjoyed them! Sincerely, Gina

Start a Conversation!