We Make Your Cake Dreams Come True.

Welcome to Cakes by Gina! From the moment you visit our facility until the delivery of your wedding cake, you will experience exceptional service. We will work with you to create an exquisitely designed cake to bring elegance to your reception. CELEBRATING 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY IN 2013!!!

Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010
Bow2008
Bow2007

14165 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX

Delicious Wedding Cakes and Wonderful Team

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Casey W

Cakes by Gina did a phenomonal job bringing our vision to life! We used this great team to make our wedding and groom's cake. It only took one meeting of going over likes, dislikes and vision and they nailed our vision entirely on the head! Even better, the cake is wonderful;... Read More very moist and the icing and fillings were the perfect amount of sweet. Many of our wedding guests asked for second servings. One of our favorite steps of the wedding planning process was the cake tasting. There are so many options and flavoring combinations- Gina really has perfected the art of a great tasting and great looking cake. And I highly recommend the lemon with lemon ganache!! So good! Our groom's cake was quite the show stopper. They can make almost anything! You will not be disappointed with Gina and her crew!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Latosha M

My wedding was on 1/17/2016 and my cake was flawless. Gina designed my cake just as I envisioned. Not only that, it was delicious and everyone commented on how good the cake was-both amaretto/raspberry & red velvet. After going through 3 other cake tastings, Gina was the 4th and... Read More last one and it was worth the wait. She not only makes beautiful cakes, but she is transparent and honest during her consultations. Her staff was courteous and friendly from the first time I walked through the doors. I could not have expected more.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Danielle C

When you walk in, you'll see one wall entirely of windows looking into the kitchen at workers busy making the cakes. That was interesting. There are example of cakes throughout the shop that are updated regularly. It's obvious Gina takes great pride in showing her customers... Read More the process and the end result. We checked out a popular baker in Sugar Land for my daughter's wedding a few days before. My daughter decided to go with Cakes by Gina because Gina actually listened to my daughter's ideas. Gina gave her opinion without trying to change my daughter's mind. The tasting went very well and we were able to try several flavors of my daughter's choosing. Here's a tip. When tasting cake, taste the cake itself, then taste the icing, and finally taste them together. This gives you a better idea on the taste of the entire cake. I had called them a few days before to confirm everything. The employee I talked to was very nice and gave me the info I wanted. On the wedding day, they delivered the cake and it looked fantastic. My daughter had a four layer cake and it was perfectly level and exactly what she requested. Guests really raved about the looks and taste of the cake. I wouldn't hesitate to use Cakes by Gina again.

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Meghann S

YUMMY!!!! Our cakes were top notch and far better than any other wedding I have been to. The consultation and tastings were flawless (and free, which is surprising). She let us try any and all cake and even helped with small details that I didn't think were important. I cannot... Read More give Gina and her team enough praise, and only wish there was a 10-star rating option! THANK YOU GINA :)

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Alexa K

I highly recommend Cakes by Gina! Her cakes are absolutely delicious! And she was able to bring our vision to life. We wanted a complex Batman groom cake and she was able to replicate it with a picture we provided. And not only did our wedding cakes look great, they also... Read More tasted amazing!

2016-04-27T13:17:54 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you enjoyed your wedding cakes, and I hope you are enjoying this new chapter in your life! Thank you for the kind words! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Nathalie

We ordered both our bride's cake and groom's cake from Gina after tasting her many flavors. She sat down with us to discuss our vision of what we were looking for and sketched them out as we sat at our tasting. She definitely lived up to all of our expectations - the cakes were... Read More phenomenal!!! Our bride's cake was tiered Tres Leches with buttercream, and the groom's cake was a strawberry with buttercream. We've had nothing but glowing compliments from our guests about the taste and quality of the cakes. Absolutely amazing experience - I definitely recommend her.

2016-04-27T13:18:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am happy to hear everything turned out amazing, and that you were happy! Please let me know if you ever need anything else! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Timothy S

Cakes by Gina are amazing. Delicious cake, phenomenal presentation, and excellent customer service.

2016-04-27T13:19:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! -Gina

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Janine O

LOVE HER!!!! Gina is amazing! Her cake was so incredible that people are still talking about how good it was! We had her make each level different and people just couldn't get enough! The cake was moist and so beautiful that it was the a moment I'll never forget! Thank you... Read More GINA!!

2016-04-27T13:19:42 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU for being an incredible client! I'm happy to read that everything turned out great for your wedding! Have a great day! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Samantha P

Our cake was absolutely perfect. It is exactly what I imagined. I wanted it to be very modern looking to fit with my black tie affair wedding. Gina did not disappoint. The cake was also delicious! In fact we had people ask the following day if there was any left over cake... Read More because they wanted more! I also heard of people taking multiple pieces during the wedding it was THAT good. Can't wait to have it on my one year anniversary!

2016-04-27T13:20:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! I'm happy that you and your guests enjoyed the cake! Let me know if there's ever anything else you need from us. Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Jessica C

IF I COULD GIVE CAKES BY GINA 10 STARS, I WOULD. I don't have one single negative thing to say about them. My husband and I only went to one place to try cakes, and we knew IMMEDIATELY that Cakes by Gina was the way to go. Seriously the best cake ever. It doesn't look like much... Read More from the outside, but don't be fooled. I sent them photos of exactly what I wanted, and that's exactly what we got! Seriously dream cakes. My cake was white and my husband's was red velvet. Our wedding night, we sat in bed and ate our pieces of cake. That's how good it was. If they weren't so far away from our new place, I would use them for every special occasion of the year!

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Cindy L

Cakes by Gina was one of the two preferred cake vendors at my venue. I read different reviews of vendors online and decided to try out their cake samples. They were friendly and courteous and the cake samples were delicious. We decided to order 2 flavors in our cake - amaretto... Read More with raspberry filling and Italian cream. Our guests loved the cake! Like most things wedding-related, the cake is quite expensive but within the budget we set aside for it. They may not respond to emails promptly so a phone call is probably best if you have questions.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Caroline f

Tasted Gina's cakes at an open house recently, Yum!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Bonnie P

I knew when we visited Gina's showroom for our tasting that I had found a great baker. Gina and her staff can do all of the wished for wedding cake tricks, AND her cakes taste wonderful. The hardest part of the whole process was deciding the flavor. Our cake was absolutely... Read More beautiful, exactly what I had envisioned and our guests raved about how good the cake was. I was lucky enough to have some to take home and several days later it was still amazing. I also had large sugar cookies that mirrored the look of our wedding cake make as wedding favors. They were beautifully packaged and our guests were looking to see if there were any unclaimed cookies on tables at the end of the evening! I would highly recommend Gina and her staff.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 John H

Yum! Yum! Yum!

Delicious and Pretty

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittany H

Gina took our order despite being full for the day and delivered an amazingly beautiful and delicious cake! She was such a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Lauren G

Cakes By Gina did an amazing job at my wedding. I had a white cake with raspberry and amaretto filling and my husband a burnt orange longhorn cake that was a yellow butter cake with chocolate icing. I loved how she drew out our cakes on graph paper in the tasting. She is an... Read More architect as well. She also incorporated part of my wedding dress design in my cake. Our cakes looked beautiful and tasted great- super happy!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Kathy C

You can get beautiful cakes many places in Houston, but you won’t find one that is both beautiful and tastes as fabulous as Gina’s cakes. At our tasting, we were literally scraping the plate – the cake is that good. At the reception, my guests could not get enough of our... Read More beautiful cake. we first met with Gina, she quickly realized what we were looking for and sketched out a cake that was exactly what we envisioned – it was quite amazing to see that exact sketch on the table at the wedding. She is an architect by training, and it shows in her phenomenal creations. Her groom’s cakes are often astounding – everything from stadiums to buildings to beers on ice. What really sets her apart though, is that her cakes TASTE so good!

Best Cakes Ever!

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Courtney

I truly believe my wedding cakes were the best I'd ever had! Not only were they beautiful, but they tasted SO good! My cake was a 3 tiered tres leches cake and my groom's cake was a chocolate and peanut butter TARDIS (from Doctor Who). Gina did an amazing job! If I ever need... Read More another cake for a different event, I'm going to her first!

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Elise J

I had an awesome experience working with Gina. We had a really enjoyable consultation and she offered up really creative ideas to meet our needs like adding fake tiers in the cake to make it bigger. They let me come in on a day they were closed to drop off my cake topper because... Read More I live in a different city. I was totally blown away when I saw my cake at my wedding. It was absolutely everything I wanted but even better. I got the classic wedding cake flavor and got SO many compliments on the cake. It was the only thing we ate after the wedding at the hotel even though our venue sent us with a ton of food. It is obvious Gina has a lot of pride when it comes to her cakes and it really shows. I would recommend her to anyone.

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Kelly W

Cakes by Gina made the best cake I've ever eaten. She made a beautiful R2D2 with a light up eye for the groom's cake that guests just can't stop talking about and her lemon cake is amazing! Everyone loved it so much and I will be recommending her to everyone.

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Tram H

No, no, all of the noes! I originally wrote a glowing review, but after the experience I just had, I'm going to have to change it...drastically. The cakes are pretty good, and the prices are decent, but the customer service is TERRIBLE! It took them three weeks to get back... Read More to me on an estimate for a cake top. Ours was ruined during the recent flooding, and we figured we just needed to order a new one. Let me break this down by explaining each interaction I had with them. The first week I called, the lady said she could possibly get us a discount (really? yay!) and they'd get back to me the follow business day. Nothing all week. Called the next week, person said they needed to talk to someone else, and that they would call me back. No returned call. By Monday on week three, I thought I'd email them. Emails are easier to answer than phone calls, right? No reply. On Friday, I called them for the third time, and the girl didn't seem to want to help me. I explained what the original person I spoke with said, and she said she couldn't honor that. It's this with no other options. No sympathy, empathy, remorse, anything. At this point, I was done with them. I wrote one final email to let them know how disappointed I was. Wasn't rude (not my style) but basically pointing out how I felt. Kept it clean. Wouldn't you know it, the owner emailed me back within the hour to say this: " I am sorry that you don't have the patient for us to figure out to call you back." Me not have patience? I waited three weeks for you guys to get back to me! I was even kind and said I understood they were busy. Wasn't expecting a giant cake on my doorstep but merely a reply or a simple phone call. But hey, she wasn't busy enough to read my email and send me a reply within the hour and to also insult me! It wouldn't surprise me if she read my review and commented with her own outrage. Not going to lie, this whole experience broke my heart a bit and left a sour taste in my mouth. So no, no, all of the noes.

STUNNING AND DELICIOUS

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Mary T

The wedding cake and groom's cake were stunning. We are still receiving compliments on how beautiful they were to this day. Not only were they gorgeous to look at, but they were absolutely delicious. People were asking for seconds! Gina is great to work with. She made the... Read More entire process a piece of cake :-). From beginning to end, it was a fantastic. I will continue to use Gina for all my special occasions.

Delicious and beautiful!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Morgan G

Delicious! Working with Gina during the tasting to sketch out our ideas for our wedding cake and groom’s cake was a lot of fun. She is super creative. The cakes are all delicious! When we arrived at the reception and saw the cakes we couldn’t have been happier. She made little... Read More sugar statues of our dog and my husband’s favorite beer that we get to keep forever as souvenirs. Everyone enjoyed the cakes. Can’t wait to get into our top tier on our one-year anniversary!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Allie N

Our wedding cakes were so beautiful and very delicious! We tasted cake at several bakeries before Gina's and we knew immediately that she is who we wanted to make our wedding cake and groom's cake. We loved that we could select a variety of flavors for the two cakes. They turned... Read More out beautifully! We had just a vague description of what we wanted the groom's cake to look like and it far exceeded our expectations!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 katie m

Not only were our wedding and groom's cake beyond delicious, but they were also beautiful to look at!!! They were moist and absolutely perfect! We met directly with Gina to discuss our plans for the cakes, which was great - she helped us brainstorm and come up with our final... Read More decisions. My now-husband and I were not 100% sure as to what we wanted, but she helped guide us by asking questions and having an open conversation during our whole appointment. I shared just a few small ideas that I liked, then next thing I knew, Gina drew my dream cake right before my eyes! She even used our monogram from our wedding stationary on the cake to bring everything together. She was very patient with the groom's cake as well since he had no idea what we wanted, but again, she had lots of great ideas and insight to help! All the samples were delicious, so it was hard to decide, but we went with chocolate-chocolate for the groom and vanilla and amaretto with raspberry filling with buttercream for our wedding cake. They were both SO good - seriously so delicious! We even saw Gina inspect every cake that went out the door the day of our tasting which made me feel comfortable and confident in her work.