Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008
Bow2007

14165 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Melissa S

Cakes by Gina is AMAZING! They are professional, kind, accommodating, and have delicious cakes! I am gluten free and didn't mention it when I called to book the tasting because I assumed they would not have anything gluten free. When they called to confirm my appointment I... Read More mentioned that I would not be tasting but that my fiancee would because i was GF. She told me they do GF cakes and they would have a vanilla and chocolate one for me to taste. The tasting was perfect! My husband got to taste several different flavors of cake and he loved every single one of them. The gluten free cakes that I tasted were the best I have ever had. During our tasting they drew out our ideas and what our cakes would look like. Of course, we ended up booking Cakes by Gina. Our wedding was a couple of months ago and everyone has been telling us how wonderful the cakes were at the wedding. Mine was beautiful and my husbands was awesome exactly what he wanted. Thanks Cakes by Gina for the best Wedding and Grooms Cake!

2016-08-11T10:29:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the cakes, and I hope you and your husband are enjoying married life! Have a great day! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Lauren A

WOW!!! Where to start.... our cakes were gorgeous and exceeded our expectations!!! We did a UT tower for our grooms cake and it looked REAL! Every detail from the clock, swirls, lines were absolutely perfect and looked like the real thing!! If not better! It was a photo location... Read More the whole night!! Our wedding cake... oh my goshhhhh! Gina is so creative and used my wedding dress as the inspiration for the cake! Each layer was based on something different from my dress. She used the detail of the lace, my belt, the buttons on the back of my dress and the ruffle bottom to create a beautiful representation of my dress. I thought this was absolutely amazing and so artistic! We had so many comments on how unique and beautiful it was! Not to mention... her cakes taste AMAZING. We also got cookies are our favor from here. They were so detailed and beautiful! Here attention to detail is unmatched! Absolute best cake vendor there is!!!!

2016-07-26T12:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed both your wedding cake and grooms cake. The team really enjoyed working on them with you! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Shelby R

Gina did our wedding cake for our wedding back in June and let me tell you, she did an AMAZING job! My husband and I heard about Cakes by Gina from a friend and these people are nothing but professional. I called on a whim for a cake tasting and they were able to get us in. Me,... Read More my mom, and my husband were BLOW AWAY by the quality of the cakes and the delicious flavors they had. We had a vision and a budget in mind and Gina worked with us. On the day of the wedding, she delivered a high quality cake that was a show stopper. I could not believe my eyes on how gorgeous my cake was! Not to mention, every slice of cake was eaten. We originally had a grooms cake but decided at the last minute to just go with a brides cake because we were afraid that not all the cake would be eaten. My husband and I both had a bite and were so tempted to eat our topper when we got home the next day. Gina, thank you so much for service, we will gladly use you again!

2016-09-07T15:34:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad everyone enjoyed the cake! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Monica P

Absolutely delicious! I am so glad my planner referred us here as I wouldn't have come across this little shop otherwise. From the tasting, to the understanding and drawing of what I wanted, to the presentation, and last the taste of the cake made for a great treat. The ideas... Read More they have come up with are quite amazing. So glad the taste matches how great the cake decorations look!

2016-08-31T14:44:13 Response from the vendor

I'm glad you enjoyed your experience with us. Thank you for the great review! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Ashley M

Our bridal and grooms cakes from Cakes by Gina were amazing! Gina was so easy to work with and everything was handled promptly and professionally. Delivery was on time and everything looked great!

2016-08-31T14:43:37 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your cakes! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Lyndee R

Loved my cake, tasted great, looked amazing, and they were so eas you to work with and can't beat the price.

2016-07-26T12:40:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the nice review, I'm glad you enjoyed it! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Denissia G

I was blown away by the service we received! Coming in I had a very picky vision for my cake and we sat for an hour planning and drawing until I fell in love with the design! On top of that, all of the cakes we tried we unbelievably tasty! You will not be disappointed! We... Read More purchased my bridal shower cake and my wedding cake from Gina! Both blew me away and it was everything I have ever wanted in a wedding cake! Thank you again for being apart of my special day!

2016-07-18T10:34:49 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you enjoyed your cakes! Thank you for the review, and for being such a great customer! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Meghan G

Amazing CAKE! Our first meeting with Gina was so much fun. We were able to taste as many falovrs of cake as we wanted & cake balls too. I showed her a picture of what I wanted and she delivered. Gina and her team are extremly talented. The goom's cake was a Harley Davidson F250... Read More truck with dogs riding in the bed of the truck. The details were adorable. My husband and I are excited to share the top tier on our anniversary.

2016-07-18T10:33:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for leaving such a great review! Those cakes were a lot of fun to work on and I'm glad you enjoyed them! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Katie L

My fiancé and I went to a cake tasting prior to “Cakes By Gina” that we were really excited about, but the cakes were SO dry! We were so sad and running out of time to save the date for our cake that when we returned home from the first failed cake tasting we immediately went... Read More back online to look for another. I found “Cakes by Gina on the knot.com. They had so many great reviews. The lady on the phone was super sweet and set us up with an appointment the Friday after Thanksgiving. We met with a consultant and with Gina, the owner, and were amazed at all the creations that had in their showcase. Our consultant let us pick as many different flavor cakes and icings that we wanted and OMG they were all so good. We ended up getting the Amarretto flavor with raspberry filling for 2 layers and a tres leches for the middle. The tres leches was so unique and moist but not drowning in milk as you would expect. YUM! The price per slice was a little bit over our price range but they worked with us to get the design we wanted with still staying in budget. Another cool thing about the tasting was that they have foam cut outs of different sizes and shapes so you could design the shape of your cake with them right there with them and kind of see what the final outcome would look like. They did a fantastic job and the cake was delivered on time. We're still getting compliments about our cake :)

2016-07-01T10:22:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the great review Katie! I'm so happy you enjoyed your cake! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Jaecel S

Gina's cakes were one of the hits on the night! Our guest were raving about how here cakes were the best they had ever had. The cakes were well made and looked beautiful. We will definitely use her again for other events!

2016-06-01T14:04:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope married life is treating you well! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 5/23/2016

Cakes by Gina make my daughter and her husbands wedding and grooms cake. OMG they were so moist and good. The white cake in the wedding cake was extremely delicious. I received so many compliments on the cakes. The groom wanted German Chocolate cake, which I had never seen... Read More in a wedding cake, but Gina did it and it was very good. Thanks Gina

2016-06-01T14:04:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/17/2016 brittany f

OMG...I can't say enough great things about Cakes by Gina. Gina's cakes are hands down the BEST cakes in Houston! I'm a baker myself and the cake was the most important part of my wedding for me. I went in 2 weeks before my wedding with a very detailed topsy turvy cake in mind... Read More and Gina sat down and drew it out perfectly! My cake ended up being my gift from my sweet hubby and he surprised me with it at the reception. I won't lie...I cried my eyes out for the first time on my wedding day when seeing this cake!! Everyone that worked at my venue came out to take pictures of my wedding cake. No one had ever seen such an exquisite display of craftsmanship blended with tastiness! Not only are these cakes beautiful, they are delicious. Gina has found a way to make fondant taste good!! We went with the marble cake with alternating vanilla and chocolate creme. I had more compliments on my cake than anything else at my wedding! Go with Gina!! You won't regret it!! Your cake will be the star of the reception! Just WOW...thanks Gina! I am a customer for life!

2016-05-18T10:30:29 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you enjoyed your cake! It was awesome getting to create your surprise wedding cake! Don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything else! Best wishes to you on this new chapter in your life! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Alyssa C

SO DELICIOUS AND BEAUTIFUL! My wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted amazing! All my guests complimented us on the cake. I even had a soon to be bride text me after the wedding and ask who made my cake so she could use Gina. The whole process leading up to the day was... Read More seamless. Gina met with us twice to build our cake. I would highly recommend her for your wedding cake!

2016-05-18T10:28:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us! I'm happy to hear that you and your guests enjoyed our cake! I wish you all the best in this new chapter in your life, and don't hesitate to contact us... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Latosha M

My wedding was on 1/17/2016 and my cake was flawless. Gina designed my cake just as I envisioned. Not only that, it was delicious and everyone commented on how good the cake was-both amaretto/raspberry & red velvet. After going through 3 other cake tastings, Gina was the 4th and... Read More last one and it was worth the wait. She not only makes beautiful cakes, but she is transparent and honest during her consultations. Her staff was courteous and friendly from the first time I walked through the doors. I could not have expected more.

2016-05-07T11:46:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us! I'm glad my team and I were able to create your vision, and please let us know if we can ever help with anything else! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Danielle C

When you walk in, you'll see one wall entirely of windows looking into the kitchen at workers busy making the cakes. That was interesting. There are example of cakes throughout the shop that are updated regularly. It's obvious Gina takes great pride in showing her customers... Read More the process and the end result. We checked out a popular baker in Sugar Land for my daughter's wedding a few days before. My daughter decided to go with Cakes by Gina because Gina actually listened to my daughter's ideas. Gina gave her opinion without trying to change my daughter's mind. The tasting went very well and we were able to try several flavors of my daughter's choosing. Here's a tip. When tasting cake, taste the cake itself, then taste the icing, and finally taste them together. This gives you a better idea on the taste of the entire cake. I had called them a few days before to confirm everything. The employee I talked to was very nice and gave me the info I wanted. On the wedding day, they delivered the cake and it looked fantastic. My daughter had a four layer cake and it was perfectly level and exactly what she requested. Guests really raved about the looks and taste of the cake. I wouldn't hesitate to use Cakes by Gina again.

2016-05-07T11:45:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your experience at Cakes By Gina, and everything turned out the way you wanted. Please let me know if my team and I can ever help you with anything else. Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Meghann S

YUMMY!!!! Our cakes were top notch and far better than any other wedding I have been to. The consultation and tastings were flawless (and free, which is surprising). She let us try any and all cake and even helped with small details that I didn't think were important. I cannot... Read More give Gina and her team enough praise, and only wish there was a 10-star rating option! THANK YOU GINA :)

2016-05-07T11:45:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed your cake and your experience! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/24/2016 Alexa K

I highly recommend Cakes by Gina! Her cakes are absolutely delicious! And she was able to bring our vision to life. We wanted a complex Batman groom cake and she was able to replicate it with a picture we provided. And not only did our wedding cakes look great, they also... Read More tasted amazing!

2016-04-27T13:17:54 Response from the vendor

I'm so happy you enjoyed your wedding cakes, and I hope you are enjoying this new chapter in your life! Thank you for the kind words! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Nathalie

We ordered both our bride's cake and groom's cake from Gina after tasting her many flavors. She sat down with us to discuss our vision of what we were looking for and sketched them out as we sat at our tasting. She definitely lived up to all of our expectations - the cakes were... Read More phenomenal!!! Our bride's cake was tiered Tres Leches with buttercream, and the groom's cake was a strawberry with buttercream. We've had nothing but glowing compliments from our guests about the taste and quality of the cakes. Absolutely amazing experience - I definitely recommend her.

2016-04-27T13:18:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with us. I am happy to hear everything turned out amazing, and that you were happy! Please let me know if you ever need anything else! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/13/2016 Timothy S

Cakes by Gina are amazing. Delicious cake, phenomenal presentation, and excellent customer service.

2016-04-27T13:19:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! -Gina

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Janine O

LOVE HER!!!! Gina is amazing! Her cake was so incredible that people are still talking about how good it was! We had her make each level different and people just couldn't get enough! The cake was moist and so beautiful that it was the a moment I'll never forget! Thank you... Read More GINA!!

2016-04-27T13:19:42 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU for being an incredible client! I'm happy to read that everything turned out great for your wedding! Have a great day! Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Samantha P

Our cake was absolutely perfect. It is exactly what I imagined. I wanted it to be very modern looking to fit with my black tie affair wedding. Gina did not disappoint. The cake was also delicious! In fact we had people ask the following day if there was any left over cake... Read More because they wanted more! I also heard of people taking multiple pieces during the wedding it was THAT good. Can't wait to have it on my one year anniversary!

2016-04-27T13:20:49 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review! I'm happy that you and your guests enjoyed the cake! Let me know if there's ever anything else you need from us. Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 3/30/2016 Jessica C

IF I COULD GIVE CAKES BY GINA 10 STARS, I WOULD. I don't have one single negative thing to say about them. My husband and I only went to one place to try cakes, and we knew IMMEDIATELY that Cakes by Gina was the way to go. Seriously the best cake ever. It doesn't look like much... Read More from the outside, but don't be fooled. I sent them photos of exactly what I wanted, and that's exactly what we got! Seriously dream cakes. My cake was white and my husband's was red velvet. Our wedding night, we sat in bed and ate our pieces of cake. That's how good it was. If they weren't so far away from our new place, I would use them for every special occasion of the year!

Delicious cake

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Cindy L

Cakes by Gina was one of the two preferred cake vendors at my venue. I read different reviews of vendors online and decided to try out their cake samples. They were friendly and courteous and the cake samples were delicious. We decided to order 2 flavors in our cake - amaretto... Read More with raspberry filling and Italian cream. Our guests loved the cake! Like most things wedding-related, the cake is quite expensive but within the budget we set aside for it. They may not respond to emails promptly so a phone call is probably best if you have questions.

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Caroline f

Tasted Gina's cakes at an open house recently, Yum!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 11/26/2015 Bonnie P

I knew when we visited Gina's showroom for our tasting that I had found a great baker. Gina and her staff can do all of the wished for wedding cake tricks, AND her cakes taste wonderful. The hardest part of the whole process was deciding the flavor. Our cake was absolutely... Read More beautiful, exactly what I had envisioned and our guests raved about how good the cake was. I was lucky enough to have some to take home and several days later it was still amazing. I also had large sugar cookies that mirrored the look of our wedding cake make as wedding favors. They were beautifully packaged and our guests were looking to see if there were any unclaimed cookies on tables at the end of the evening! I would highly recommend Gina and her staff.