We Make Your Cake Dreams Come True!

If you can dream it, Cakes by Gina can make it! From the moment you visit our bakery to the drop off and setup of your wedding cake, you will experience exceptional customer service. We pride ourselves on our collaborative process with our clients because we feel every event is special and unique! If you are looking to create a work of edible art, look no further than award-winning Cakes by Gina. Contact us today to schedule a complimentary cake tasting and private consultation and experience the design and expertise that has made Cakes by Gina one of the most sought-after cake bakers in the greater Houston area.

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2010
Bow2008 09
Bow2008
Bow2007

14165 Bissonnet Street, Houston, TX (281) 495-9400
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Daniella D

Our wedding cake was so delicious, the photographer had to stop me from saying "Ohhh my goodness," and smile normally when she was taking our "cake cutting" photos. Gina's cakes are out of this world delicious. My husband and I couldn't agree on flavors during our tasting, so we... Read More went with alternating tier flavors. He had the white cake with raspberry filling, and I had the tres leches (which is AMAZING) with pineapple filling. We had buttercream frosting for all of the tiers. The cake was so fresh and moist! The buttercream work was GORGEOUS! Gina nailed the color of the bottom tier to match my accent color of light lilac. It perfectly matched my bridesmaids dresses and napkins. My guests raved about how delicious the cake was and were shocked at how amazing it looked and tasted since they were so used to dry wedding cakes. And to top it off, Gina's team was so amazing at setting up all the appointments and confirming our details. Thank you so much, Gina! You and your team are so talented. I can't wait to design another cake together!

2017-06-08T08:56:51 Response from the vendor

Thank YOU so much for this incredible review! We work so hard for the experience to be amazing from start to finish and we are happy we have accomplished that! We hope to work with you in the future for other special occasions!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Lauren A

WOW!!! Where to start.... our cakes were gorgeous and exceeded our expectations!!! We did a UT tower for our grooms cake and it looked REAL! Every detail from the clock, swirls, lines were absolutely perfect and looked like the real thing!! If not better! It was a photo location... Read More the whole night!! Our wedding cake... oh my goshhhhh! Gina is so creative and used my wedding dress as the inspiration for the cake! Each layer was based on something different from my dress. She used the detail of the lace, my belt, the buttons on the back of my dress and the ruffle bottom to create a beautiful representation of my dress. I thought this was absolutely amazing and so artistic! We had so many comments on how unique and beautiful it was! Not to mention... her cakes taste AMAZING. We also got cookies are our favor from here. They were so detailed and beautiful! Here attention to detail is unmatched! Absolute best cake vendor there is!!!!

2016-07-26T12:42:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed both your wedding cake and grooms cake. The team really enjoyed working on them with you! -Sincerely, Gina

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Cecilia A

When I walked in Cakes by Gina I was impressed with the attractive and clean store front. My wedding cake quest ended the moment that I tasted her delicious and moist cakes. Outstanding!! Working with Alex, Gina’s sister, and Gina herself was a pleasure. They are personable,... Read More professional and have a keen eye for detail. Cake tasting was a stress free and joyful experience. Gina, I want to thank you and your great team for my beautiful and delicious wedding cake, a dream come true in such a short notice. My guests were delighted, raving about the cake, telling me that it was the best wedding cake that they have ever had. All of them wanted to know who made it! Cakes by Gina is the place to get your cake, I highly recommend it. You won’t be disappointed. Cuando entre a Cakes by Gina, me impresionó ver su salón de entrada lleno de hermosos pasteles, y la limpieza del lugar. En el momento en que probé los deliciosos y esponjosos pasteles de Gina, mi búsqueda por el pastel de bodas termino. Que delicia!! Difícil de escoger porque todos son deliciosos. Trabajando con Alex, la hermana de Gina, y con Gina fue algo especial. Ellas son unas personas muy amables, profesionales y se fijan en los mínimos detalles. La prueba del pastel de bodas fue una experiencia sin estrés y muy agradable. Gina, quiero agradecerte a ti y a tu equipo por el hermoso y delicioso pastel de bodas, un sueño hecho realidad y en muy corto tiempo. Mis invitados estaban encantados hablando del pastel, diciéndome q era el mejor pastel de boda que habían comido. Todos querían saber quién lo había hecho. Cakes by Gina es el lugar para pedir su pastel, lo recomiendo altamente, no se decepcionaran.

2017-07-19T13:04:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you for this amazing review! We so appreciate your kind words! We hope to work with you again for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Kathryn S

Oh. My. Cakes By Gina was hands down one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Almost a month later, guests are still commenting how amazing our cake & cake balls were... The cake was SO good - as in we might not be able to wait an entire year to crack into our top... Read More layer, level good. Not to mention, our entire experience with Gina and her team from start to finish was A+. Her friendliness, creativeness, attention to detail, and commitment to client service ensured the final product was exactly what we had envisioned! When we walked in the door for our tasting, I had no idea what a treat the visit would be. She stopped at nothing to ensure we left there knowing they could create the cake(s) of our dreams. From having a cake ball flavor they ran out of whipped up to getting additional foam layer models cut (to help conceptualize the tier sizes and heights) on the spot, I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Gina. Moral of the story: Cakes by Gina will be sure you are take care of as if you are their only client - and you will have a great (and tasty) time in the process.

2017-07-06T11:25:19 Response from the vendor

We strive for all of our client to have this type of experience at Cakes by Gina and we are so humbled that you took time to write a review stating the above. Thank you so much! We hope to have the opportunity to make... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Carol S

Cakes b Gina did an AWESOME job on our wedding cakes. The brides was a tres leches and was perfect! But it was the grooms cake that got the most raves!! It was Bear Brent's Alabama hat!! Thank your Gina and staff!!! Don't look anywhere else!!!

2017-07-06T11:23:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you thank you! That Tres Leches is a force isn't it? We are SO THRILLED that you and your guests were raving about the cakes. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Ruth R

The grooms cake you did for my nephews wedding was PERFECT. I was truly amazed at how you mastered it. And all the delicious desserts for the rehearsal dinner were fantastic. Thank you so much for your excellence!

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Ruth R

2017-07-06T11:22:54 Response from the vendor

Wow! We really appreciate your 5 star review! Thank you!!! We hope to work with your family again in the future!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Victoria G

We had such an amazing experience with Cakes by Gina. From our initial in house taste testing, Gina was so kind and accommodating. I wanted something simple but beautiful and by showing just a few photos of ideas Gina hand drew exactly what I had envisioned. She is so proud of... Read More her work and her store and you can taste it in the cake. Highly recommend!!

2017-06-08T08:55:29 Response from the vendor

Wow! What a fantastic review. Thank you so much! We do take a lot of pride in what we do and we are so happy it shines through in our cakes! We hope to work with you in the future for special occasions!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Lucy Z

Gina's cakes are absolutely amazing. We had a huge wedding cake for 400+ guests and Gina's crew definitely delivered. The cake looked exactly like how we had planned it and incorporated our dream for what we wanted. We had multiple flavors for each tier, and it was absolutely... Read More delicious. Thank you!

2017-05-25T09:15:57 Response from the vendor

We had so much fun creating your cake and we do appreciate your amazing review! Congratulations and we hope to work with you on other special events in the future!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Rima C

Amazing cakes! The best ever! Worth every penny. Once you have tasted their cakes, you wont go anywhere else. Fantastic ladies also. Great service.

2017-05-25T09:16:22 Response from the vendor

YOU are amazing for giving us a 5 star review! Thank you so much and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Leah S

Our cake turned out beautifully! They were responsive and flexible with changes.

2017-05-25T09:16:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your review and we hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Teal C

Great cake and flavors! If you want a incredible cake you must go to Gina!

2017-05-23T09:52:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Daniel L

Gina did an incredible job with our wedding cake. Her proposal on the cake design was wonderful and the final result surpassed what we envisioned. The cake flavors (as we had 4 tiers) were incredible and our guests were elated with the tres leches tier (from what I understand,... Read More she is the only place in town that can do a tres leches). Above all, she made us feel special and felt that our cake was made with care and love. I wouldn't hesitate in choosing Gina. Mind you, we tried many other well-known places (River Oaks area) and they couldn't compare to the taste or cost.

2017-05-10T10:56:04 Response from the vendor

We are so humbled by your review. We appreciate you taking the time to not only taste our cakes but to post such amazing words! We hope to work with you again for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Vivian B

We loved the cakes the moment we did the tasting! There were so many good flavors that it was difficult to choose the best one. The cake looked exactly how I envisioned it, and we got many compliments from our guests about how delicious it was! Can't wait to have it again at our... Read More first anniversary!

2017-05-10T10:56:30 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your 5 star review! We look forward to working with you again!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Michelle M

Cakes by Gina was an absolute pleasure to work with in picking out my husband and my wedding cakes. We went into the process expecting to have a good time choosing designs and flavors for our cakes, but Gina went above and beyond in making our experience even better. My parents... Read More joined us for cake tasting, and all of us looking back would say it was one of our favorite moments in wedding planning. We all loved the experience not just because the cake was delicious but because Gina and her team are a blast to be around. Gina also drew a design of both of our cakes right in front of us, which has turned out to be one of our favorite keepsakes from wedding planning. And lastly, while we expected the cake to be tasty, I had no idea that our wedding cake for 300 people would be one of the most delicious desserts I have ever tasted. Our guests gave rave reviews as well. Thanks to Gina and her team for an amazing experience leading up to and on the day of our wedding. We highly recommend Cakes by Gin to any couple getting married in Houston!

2017-05-02T10:34:12 Response from the vendor

Wow! What an incredible review. You have blown us away with your kind words! We love to have fun here at Cakes by Gina! We hope that we have created a relationship with you that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Krista R

Cakes by Gina gave me exactly what I originally wanted. My one complaint is that I called after the first meeting and wanted my flowers on the cake switched to roses, but they went with original, which wasn't a deal breaker at all. The cake still looked amazing and tasted great!... Read More We also did cake balls as our wedding favor which were a major hit! They really made the cake testing fun and made me really involved in every decision. They have a large variety of flavors and we were able to have tres leches as our top layer (my california family didn't even know what that was). Overall was very happy with the cake and cake balls. Everyone said it tasted great!

2017-05-10T10:57:50 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you fantastic review of your experience with us. We are so sorry for the miscommunication. We put a Peony Rose on your cake, thinking this was what you wanted, based on the photos and notes we had. We will be sure to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Michelle G

Cakes by Gina was awesome! From the very 1st cake tasting, to the day of! They brought my vision to life on paper during our 1st visit, and it turned out just like we pictured. Our guests loved the delicious flavors and gave many compliments about the look of it. I would... Read More definitely recommend Cakes by Gina :)

2017-04-27T09:40:44 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate you. Thank you so much for the amazing review and we hope to work with you again!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Blanca G

We cannot thank you enough for our beautiful wedding cake!! Everyone was so in love with it and asking where we got it, especially once they got to taste it. I highly recommend this place, they will not let you down!!!

2017-04-27T09:40:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you, thank you for the kind words and 5 star review! :)

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Sharna C

Gina's Cakes was a wonderful experience. The cake tasting was professional and had so many delicious choices. The young lady who helped us took copious notes and had excellent attention to detail. She offered grate suggestions to enhance the elegance of our ideas. We had a fun... Read More mix of elegance and night at the movies. They did a wonderful job of creating detailed fondant creations to represent several of our favorite films. Including a wand from Harry Potter and the Rapier from princess bride. Each layer was a scrumptious delicious different flavor. The cake was moist and elegant. The colors were a spot on match for our wedding colors. My husbands grooms cake was an ode to Dr who and they created a galaxy sky that had depth and dimension and so much flavor. It was a vision to see on the wedding day and tasted wonderful for days after with yummy left overs. They are a creative and unique cake shop and really delivered on the vision we had for the wedding day. We highly recommend them for any fun occasion especially a wedding that wants creative flare.

2017-04-27T09:39:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We had so much fun creating your cakes!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Heather M

Cakes by Gina is definitely the place to go for your wedding cake. They have so many flavor/filling combinations to offer. The cake is absolutely delicious. I had so many compliments at my wedding about how amazing the cake was. They were friendly and helpful throughout the... Read More whole process. Community was great. If you have a specific design in mind they can do it. I should them a picture of my dress and Gina was able to replicate details of my dress on the cake. I had many people tell me it was the most beautiful wedding cake they had ever seen. Seeing the cake for the first time brought me to tears. Thank you Cakes by Gina for making my wedding day so special.

2017-04-27T09:37:54 Response from the vendor

Tears of joy! We are so happy that you were so thrilled with your cake and we appreciate the 5 star review! We can't wait to work with you for future special occasions!

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Jacqueline P

Cakes by Gina was fabulous for my wedding! I looked at quite a few bakeries in Houston and Cakes by Gina definitely had the best flavors, along with the best customer service. I will definitely be using them again!

2017-03-21T11:05:03 Response from the vendor

We so appreciate this 5 star review and are thrilled that you had a wonderful experience! We hope to work with you again soon!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Alison C

I fell in love with Cakes by Gina when I first moved to Houston. I tried their cake balls during a fashion week event in the Galleria, and it was then and there that I decided to go with them for my wedding cake if I could! (This was before I even met my husband) Fast forward... Read More a couple years...my fiance (now husband) and I started looking for a wedding cake, but I couldn't remember the name of the bakery I fell in love with before. Luckily, we went to Cakes by Gina for a cake tasting because they were recommended by our vendor. My eyes lit up when I recognized their postcard/flyer from couple years back in the Galleria. Their cakes were just as amazing as the cake balls I remembered. We booked our cake with them at the end of the tasting and canceled all our other cake tastings (because it was love at first bite!) Cakes by Gina did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake. It looked absolutely beautiful. If there was one thing I could change about the cake...it would be to get a bigger cake! We thought we would have a lot of cake leftover (our cake more than covered the headcount we had), but we actually didn't have enough. Maybe Cakes by Gina will invite us back for another cake tasting since we didn't get to enjoy our cake at the reception...? If you're looking for a delicious and beautiful cake, I highly recommend checking them out!

2017-03-09T08:57:40 Response from the vendor

We are so appreciative of your great review. Thank you! Please give us a call and we will get you set up with a slice of cake for you to enjoy! We would love to see you again!

Reviewed on 2/15/2017 Maegan R

The cakes Gina made were absolutely beautiful, and tasted great. So much hard work went into these cakes. The groom's cake was possibly the coolest I have ever seen. HOWEVER, we were shorted an entire cake in my 4 tier wedding cake, and many guests, including my parents, never... Read More got to eat any. When we called Gina about the issue right after the wedding, she acted as if we were lying about the missing cake. Later on, she found the missing cake at her bakery, and called to correct her error and apologize, but the fact remained that we didn't have enough cake at the wedding, and she made us feel like we were lying when she was confronted about the mistake. We were compensated for the missing cake, but when paying so much for cakes, we expected each guest at the wedding to be able to have a piece.

2017-02-21T10:26:17 Response from the vendor

Hi, Maegan. We do appreciate your positive account of the look of your cakes and you noting that we did indeed reimburse you for the missing 9" tier that would have served 26 guests. While this has not ever happened to us before, it did... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Robert M

Cakes by Gina made our dream wedding cake! All of our guest couldn't stop raving about the tres leches inspired flavor. The hand painting was gorgeous and looked exactly like we had envisioned! I would highly recommend Cakes by Gina. We met with many other vendors before we made... Read More our choice. Cakes by Gina was the only one with great customer service and beautiful cakes! They can do anything!

2017-01-31T11:26:31 Response from the vendor

Aw wow! You are so awesome for saying such great things! We appreciate the 5 star review and we hope we get to work with you again in the future!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Jessica M

Gina made exactly what we were wanting. My 4 tier bridal cake was gorgeous, and my husbands A&M bonfire groomsman cake was everything we wanted. Not to mention, these cakes were absolutely delicious!!

2017-01-26T09:51:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the 5 star review! We hope to see you again for future special occasions!