Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

3005 Cajuiles Dr, Pflugerville, TX (512) 670-2105

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Melissa D

Kathy did a great job on our cakes. They were delicious and elegant and she is so easy to work with. Her prices are reasonable and she was timely and stress free on wedding day.

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Janna P

I can only start by saying Kathy makes the BEST cakes I have ever tasted! I went to the Bridal Extravaganza and tasted about 7 cakes. Hers was the best by a mile! Kathy works out of an industrial kitchen in her own home. She hosted us for a tasting and helped us pick our designs... Read More and flavors. The only difficulty was choosing because everything tasted so good. We ended up with a 3-tier cake with two tiers of chocolate Andes mint and one of white cake and white frosting. So so so good! Everyone loved the cake -- even my husband, who got some up his nose ;)

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 lisa a

Kathy had the most delicious cake you could imagine and this is coming from a former baker. Everyone loved the unique flavor options she had available, it was difficult to pick just three. We had no left overs whatsoever. My husband and I will be returning in a year to have... Read More a fresh top tier made for our anniversary. Thank you Kathy!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Krystyn B

Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but it was by far the BEST cake I've ever eaten! Still enjoying it weeks after my wedding! Kathy is very personable and easy to work with. You won't regret booking her!

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Kailey H

Kathy made the most beautiful and delicious cakes for me and my husband. The groom's cake was devoured so quickly and the bride's cake only didn't go as fast because there was just so much of it! Kathy helped us design the perfect cakes to represent each of us and even... Read More accommodated a special request to make the groom's cake represent the Air Force for my husband. Both turned out so amazing!

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Chelsea W

This lady seriously makes the most delicious cakes ever. I was 110% satisfied with our wedding cake. I got white cake with vanilla buttercream icing and my husband got a marble with chocolate buttercream for the grooms cake. We got so many compliments how good our cakes were.... Read More You will not be dissapointed if you choose her. ❤️

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Brooke D

I found Cakes by Kathy at one of the bridal extravaganzas in Austin. I noticed that many of the other vendors there had beautiful cakes, but they were all very dry. Then I found Cakes by Kathy, and her cakes were the most moist and delicious cake I have ever tasted. My fiance... Read More and I met with her in her home and we both knew right away that she was perfect. She even had a picture of a cake that was similar to the one I had imagined. The only problem, was that at the wedding we discovered that the bottom layer was white and I had asked for it to be light pink, so I would recommend that you make sure to communicate details a 2nd time before the wedding. Other than that, we were very pleased with the appearance of the cakes and the taste was superb.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Kayla Q

Cakes by Kathy has literally THE BEST cake ever! I live out of town so I didn't end up getting to do a tasting but it didn't matter because it was amazing. I had people commenting how good it was all night. Thank you Kathy for an amazing wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Melinda F

OMG, this was this BEST wedding cake I've ever tasted. My guest all raved about it, thank goodness, the top tier was removed immediately. Our cake disappeared so fast, family and friends are still talking about it. Thank you so much Cathy for your talented hands and delicious... Read More cake.

Reviewed on 8/03/2016 Melissa R

Our cake was delicious! The beat wedding cake I have ever tasted! I was a little bit nervous, because we did not have a chance to do a cake tasting, but I could not have been more pleased. I sent a picture of what I wanted and she was able to do intricate work that was shown... Read More using fondant with buttercream which was my preference. I can't wait to get another cake from Kathy for our 1 year anniversary.

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Courtney M

We absolutely loved our wedding cake and the grooms cake Kathy created for us! We met Kathy at a bridal expo and were loved her cake samples. They were our favorite of the whole show, so we were super excited when we learned how affordable she was. This was one of the areas... Read More we came in under budget thanks to Kathy. Our cakes we beautiful and our guests raved about how delicious they are. We would recommend Kathy to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Holly M

Kathy is super-nice, the price is great, the cake is delicious, and it turned out gorgeous. The only reason it's not five stars is that she doesn't appear to take good notes re things discussed over the phone. She left without putting the fresh flowers on, even though she had... Read More told me from the beginning she could do them if my florist didn't and to just let her know if I needed her to - which I did. And she didn't bring the cake stand, which I had called her on the phone regarding and sent her a deposit for. She called the next week to say the check had just arrived and she doesn't make a note of it till it does. Well, that's all fine and dandy, except she didn't tell me that when I called and I put it in the mail that very day and I haven't the foggiest idea how it took 2 weeks to get there from Austin. If she had warned me and made a note, she could have easily called to say it hadn't arrived and I would have figured something out, including driving up there to give it to her. But if you're forewarned re those things, I'd say call her!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kelsey N

Kathy takes pride in her moist cakes, and she rightfully should! Our wedding cake was classic, beautiful, and absolutely delicious.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kalyn M

BEST CAKE IN AUSTIN!! Cakes by Kathy is THE BEST cake I have ever eaten. My husband and I saved our top tier for our one year anniversary but I am not sure we will be able to wait that long to eat it. Every single piece of cake for our wedding was eaten (luckily our venue saved... Read More us several pieces to eat later that night). We had multiple guests go back for seconds and so many of our guests came up to our parents at the end of the night and told them that our cake was the best wedding cake they have ever had! The pricing for the cake was extremely reasonable, especially compared to other cake vendors we interviewed. In fact, it was the cheapest quote we got! The cake design was more beautiful that I could have imagined! I was so impressed with Kathy's design. It was exactly what I wanted, and more. She can be a little hard to get a hold of sometimes. I did have to call multiple times to get my final cake design set as well as the final payment completed, but in the end, we were nothing but happy with our cake!

Reviewed on 4/23/2016 Stephen E

We hired Kathy fairly last minute after another baker fell through and could not be happier with the cake we got for our wedding. We ordered a simple but decorative three-tiered cake with a layer of the vanilla bean with buttercream frosting, a layer of red velvet with cream... Read More cheese frosting and a layer of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. They were all amazing. We were so happy with how it turned out and Kathy was super sweet and easy to work with.

Reviewed on 7/25/2015

Cake tasting was definitely a day to look forward to in our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding planning journey. They had five appointments in one weekend, and Kathy’s cakes and pricing were by far the best quality. Even five days after the wedding, the left-overs taste as moist... Read More as they did the day the cake was served. And, all the details our daughter dreamed to make her cake special – different flavors for every layer, the lyrics to her wedding dance song written in icing, placing flowers on each layer – were done at no additional cost! These details were all an extra expense at other bakeries. Virtually any flavor we could imagine was among Kathy’s offerings, and it was hard to narrow our favorites down to the five we selected. Kathy was delightful to work with, and one of the few vendors who called us to confirm her delivery, rather than waiting for us to check in the week of the wedding. The next time I need a cake for a special occasion, I will go straight to Kathy – going anywhere else would be a waste of time and money.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Megan C

If you are looking for a cake with quality taste and priced just right! Look no further! We went to three different Bridal Extravaganzas to pick up cake vendors while planning our wedding throught 1 year and my goodness. We looked forward to going back to Kathys booth. So it was... Read More a no brainier when it came time to choose to have her in the running. After going to a couple of tastings with other cake vendors and comparing Kathys less expensive and moist texture to other vendors' top dollar yet dry cakes-we had our winner! Plus she is so sweet! We chose a 3 tier 125 person cake. It was soft blush pink ombré cake, white vanilla cake with strawberry filling and buttercream frosting and it was absolutely gorgeous! We originally planned to add a flower lining down the cake but after not fining te right flowers we decided to leave it plain with the love birdie cake topper. It was gorgeous! It looked Simple yet elegant and went beautifully with our theme. and everyone of our guests raved over the deliciously moist cake and excellent flavor. I hope to order many anniversary and birthday cakes from Kathy of our chosen flavors. We love that she is local and really is super sweet and charming! We thank you so much Kathy for taking us in so close to our date. We can't wait to dig into our top piece for our anniversary! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/06/2015 Candice T

The best cake you will ever have! Seriously, we tried every cake at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza, and kept going back to Kathy's booth to try more. Kathy may not have the typical "fondent" design, but seriously, those cakes just look cool, they never taste good. And... Read More actually, our cakes looked awesome! I come from a family of 8 aunts, who are all very picky and they approved of the cakes beauty. We had the vanilla with butter cream and the chocolate with chocolate icing. We had some leftovers and warmed them up a week later and it was still delicious, I can't wait for our anniversary cake! Also, Kathy's cakes are a great rate if you are a bride on a budget.

Cake was Delicious

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Jacob W

Kathy was great to work with. We had both a bride and groom cake. Both were amazing! The cake was so moist it melted in your mouth and the butter cream icing was great. Everyone raved about the cake. We had some leftovers and the cake was just as good a week later as it was on... Read More the wedding day. I look forward to having our top layer for our anniversary.

Very tasty, good value

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Taylor B

Kathy's cake was so delicious! We had a vanilla cake with fudge filling. Some of our wedding guests said it was the best cake they've ever had! We went with a more simple design, just a smooth, white, 3-layer cake with some beading between the layers. I thought the simplicity... Read More was the best match for Kathy's decorating skills. Her cakes may not be the most extravagant out there, but they taste good and they're one of the better values out there. Kathy was a little hard to get in touch with, but she definitely delivered on the wedding day. If you're looking for a good value and a good, standard wedding cake, I recommend Cakes by Kathy!

Great wedding cake!

Reviewed on 6/02/2014 Lauren W

My husband, Brian, and I got married on March 22nd at Kindred Oaks in Georgetown, Texas. At one of Kindred Oaks’ open houses, we met Cathy and tasted some of her cakes! They were so moist and delicious. They tasted very fresh! I decorate cakes (mostly as a hobby, sometimes I... Read More sell them) on the side and know how much work goes into a wedding cake! Her rates are VERY reasonable because she works out of her home in Pflugerville. We went to her house to do an official tasting and to pick out a design. Her cake tasted much better than many of the more expensive bakery cakes we tasted and they looked great! We chose a simple rosette design and our cake was vanilla with fresh strawberries and cream in between the layers, and a cream cheese icing. Our guests were very happy with the cake and it was all gone at the end of the evening! I will definitely use her in the future for my cake needs!

Delicious wedding cakes!

Reviewed on 4/22/2014 Carly G

Wedding cakes can be beautiful but sometimes they don't taste as good as they look - NOT the case with Kathy's! They are moist and the flavors and fillings are delicious! It was so good that we actually ran a little bit short - my husband and I actually didn't get any other than... Read More the small bites we fed each other! But everyone else raved about how good it was! Kathy was easy and flexible to work with and did a great job.

Excellent and Beautiful

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Megan S

I can't rave enough about Cakes By Kathy. She made the cake for my brother's wedding as well. This cake was not only beautiful but so good. Rich in flavor, moist, and the frosting was delicious. We were excited to have some left over to bring on our honeymoon with us! Thanks,... Read More Kathy! I would recommend these cakes to everyone!!!

Delicious cakes

Reviewed on 7/28/2013 maria elena O

My cake was delicious and I'm not a big fan of cakes. Everyone loved it and there was no left overs after the wedding!

Delicious! Best prices!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Kirsten H

Absolutely delicious!!! Kathy is wonderful at what she does! She works in house, and makes the BEST cakes. We tasted other cakes at the Austin Bridal Extravaganza, and hers was top notch. The funny thing, she has the BEST prices! She was great to work with, and even set the... Read More flowers on the cake for us! We can't wait to eat out top tier next year!!