Custom designed wedding cakes

Allow Cakes by Stephanie to create a wedding cake that will be the talk of the town! Specializing in custom wedding cakes, pastries and desserts created with only the finest ingredients for a mouthwatering experience. Call us for a complimentary tasting!

$ – Inexpensive

Dietary Options

Kosher

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

Bow2008

118 N. Monroe Street, Monroe, MI (734) 240-2253

Reviewed on 12/17/2015 Chelsea M

Tom and Steph are truly remarkable; best in the business! Not only was our wedding cake beautiful, but it was so incredibly delicious! We had cake centerpieces and an assortment of cheesecakes, and not a crumb was left! We could not be more blessed to have such a wonderful and... Read More kind family a part of our lives. They go above and beyond to make sure you are happy. Tommy even got ordained to marry us, now it that's not love and commitment, I don't what is. If you are looking for a good-hearted family with a passion for what they do, you picked the right bakery! If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would! Love you guys!

Reviewed on 5/25/2015 Jenna W

Besides the fact that the cake was gorgeous, and looked exactly how I wanted it to, I cannot exaggerate how delicious the Oreo/Cookies n Cream cake is. I can't wait to order an anniversary cake so I can eat it again. At most weddings, a lot of people don't bother eating the... Read More cake, but every guest at our wedding had a slice. And back to how gorgeous it was-- some of our guests thought it was a fake cake that was just there for decoration and were surprised when we cut into it!

Delicious and Beautiful!

Reviewed on 11/26/2013 Melissa P

We had a four tier cake and they pretty much did whatever we wanted. Each tier was a different shape, flavor and different frosting. I wanted a design on the outside so I chose one from one of their other cake display pictures and they put it on my cake no problem. I also got my... Read More husbands grooms cake from Cakes by Stephanie, it was a giant Pepsi can with a satellite dish on the top of it. It looked great! They do an amazing job and the cake is delectable.

Reviewed on 3/08/2017 Brooke S

Cakes by Stephanie was so easy to work with! They made the whole process a breeze. I just brought in a picture of what I wanted our wedding cake to look like and they made it happen! We had three different flavors of cake and they all tasted equally amazing! So delicious! We... Read More will definitely be recommending Cakes by Stephanie to all our friends and family!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Carolynn H

The cake was beautiful, delicious, and everyone loved it! Highly recommend Cakes by Stephanie. :D

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Megan

Our wedding cake was four different flavors and each were perfection. All was done professionally and we loved the experience.

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Angela B

I cannot say enough good things about Cakes by Stephanie. From our cake tasting to the final execution, everything about our "wedding cake experience" was excellent! You will not find better tasting cake, filling or frosting flavors anywhere, and certainly not for the... Read More outstanding price. We had multiple people at our wedding tell us that they usually never eat the cake at a wedding, but this time they went back for seconds! (Tip: Try the cannoli filling and the popular cookies & cream cake/filling combo!) We could not have been more pleased with Cakes by Stephanie and only wish we lived closer so we could enjoy their delicious treats more often!

Reviewed on 11/28/2016 Dana S

My wedding was November 12, 2016, and I got my groom's cake (A Game of Thrones cake for my wonderful groom), and my wedding cake (Steampunk themed) through Cakes by Stephanie and it was beyond delicious and so amazing!!!! The cake is SO DELICIOUS, and the designs on both cakes... Read More were absolutely immaculate and wonderful!! They were super easy to work with and accommodating, and delivered EXACTLY what I had requested for both cakes!!! Superb!!!! If I could give them 8 stars I would!! Thanks again :)

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Rebecca B

LOVE THIS PLACE!! Out side of my wedding cake I have gotten some special event cakes and deserts from Cakes by Stephanie. I was very excited to see (and taste) my cake and they did not disappoint. We went with Lemon Cake with Raspberry filling, Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter... Read More filling, and White Cake with Chocolate Mousse. It was amazing! The cake design looked perfect. Best part is we get a fresh cake for our 1 year anniversary !!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Brandi R

Absolutely LOVE Cakes by Stephanie. From the moment we went in for our tasting and booked them for our wedding to finally eating the cake at our wedding-every interaction has been positive. They give you generous sized portions at your wedding cake tasting and they're all so... Read More delicious it's hard to choose. We used them for my bridal shower cupcakes also, and they gave me an additional FREE cupcake tasting of like 6 full sized cupcakes. They're always friendly and helpful via phone and email. My work friends even used them for my work bridal shower because of how highly I talked about them. Their prices seem reasonable. They do make you pay a deposit for the cake board and maybe some other items, which I told them to mark so the venue knew what to save. Not sure who dropped the ball, but we have nothing to return and we are out $100. Bummer. Highly recommend though!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Alexis P

My family has been buying from Cakes by Stephanie for years and I am so glad I used them for the cupcake order for our wedding celebration. They gave us lots of options for flavors and let us taste all of the specialty cupcakes complimentary. They delivered on-time and the... Read More cupcakes were delicious! Not to mention they looked spectacular! This is a great family-run business and I would recommend Cakes by Stephanie to any of my friends! Thank you for making our wedding celebration memorable and delicious!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Lauren W

Our wedding cake was a simple white 3 tier square cake, exactly what I had imagined. The price was very reasonable and the cake is outstanding, the best we have ever had! We chose the white cake with fresh strawberry filling for our bottom layer, oreo with oreo mousse for the... Read More second layer, and carrot cake with cream cheese filling for the top. We loved them all and so did our guests!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Tara P

Our cake was absolutely amazing! The cake on the outside looked great and it was exactly what we wanted! Also, the taste of the cake was delicious! We got so many compliments on the taste. We will definitely be using this vendor for other important events in our lives as well as... Read More just driving down there to get some cookies! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 7/24/2016 Stephanie W

We are very happy with our wedding cake by Cakes By Stephanie. We loved our tasting. They made the typical cakes plus a few that I specifically asked for. We ended up taking home a bunch of leftover cake in a to-go container and it still tasted good throughout the next week. We... Read More decided on a cookie themed cake: chocolate chip themed layer (marble cake with chocolate chips and a chocolate chip cookie dough mousse layer) and an oreo themed layer (oreo cake with an oreo mousse layer). We were very happy with the cake on the day of the wedding. All of our guests loved the flavor and taste. We love that they offer to make an anniversary cake free of charge. We would absolutely recommend them as a wedding bakery.

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Leah J

We're so happy we chose Cakes by Stephanie to make our wedding cake! We first sampled their cake at a bridal show and we knew right away that it was what we wanted. They did not disappoint us! The cake was absolutely beautiful and tasted wonderful! Everyone has been telling us... Read More how great our cake looked and tasted! They were also so easy to work with and very reasonably priced. I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Katelyn M

We got a cake from Cakes by Stephanie for a wedding (through Laurel Manor). My wife had sent a photo she had found online of what she wanted our wedding cake to look like and Cakes by Stephanie recreated it perfectly. I can't speak too much to the cake as I did not eat any... Read More that not and the top is still sitting in my fridge but I know our guests LOVED the oreo with oreo filling. I also really like that we get an anniversary cake in a year!

Reviewed on 6/01/2016 Kate J

We used Cakes by Stephanie for all of our wedding shower needs on 3/12/2016 from cookies to cupcakes and they made my Pinterest dreams a reality. Everyone I spoke to was so nice and helpful and the treats were tasty. Our wedding cake on 5/21/2016 was perfection. Their largest... Read More 4 tier round cake with plain, smooth white buttercream was exactly what I asked for while our florist created a whimsical cascade of flowers down the sides. Price is good and the flavors are even better! I would definitely recommend Stephanie to anyone local for all their bakery needs.

Reviewed on 5/31/2016 Jessica L

This is a MUST use vendor!! We ordered two flavors of cake (oreo and oreo mousse / white with canoli cream) and they were AMAZING! We received so many compliments from our guests wanting to have more cake and where we purchased the cake from so they could order theirs through... Read More the same company. There were on time and the cake was exactly how we wanted it. It is a little over a week past our wedding and the cake is still just as good. HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. Worth every penny.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Ruthanne P

Cakes by Stephanie made us the perfect wedding cake!! It was beautiful, and tasted DELICIOUS!! I can't wait for our first anniversary to get another one!! Thank you so much cakes by Stephanie!!

Best Tasting Cake!

Reviewed on 11/23/2015 Shannon K

We had our wedding cake made by Cakes by Stephanie. Staff is very friendly and helpful. They gave a lot of excellent suggestions which was awesome because we didn't really know what we wanted. On our wedding day, the cake was beautiful, moist, and delicious. It was delivered... Read More several hours before the ceremony/reception (we had both in the same place), so there was no worrying from this bride. :-) Our guests still talk about how tasty our cake was. I would highly recommended them!

YUM!

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 Katie E

Thank you for our awesome wedding cake! It was delicious - the guests all raved about it and looked identical to the picture we provided to you. Hubby and I could not be happier with how it turned out :)

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Sarah D

The store is not well organized, the staff seems to be mostly teenagers. The cake itself is good. However I did NOT get what I ordered, for the design. I also requested several times prior to the wedding that they place the flowers on the cake for us, and the wedding topper.... Read More They said they made a note of it, I confirmed 3x. When it was delivered the design was NOT complete and they just delivered it. They did NOT put the topper on or the flowers. I have called several times to speak to someone about it and NO EVER returned my calls.

Gorgeous Show Stopper! On budget! On point!

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Lisa-Marie H

It was a bit of a drive for us to make the consultation appointment but it was ABSOLUTELY worth it! The talented staff were all very friendly and our wedding cake came out absolutely gorgeous! Because they offer many different creative ways to help brides-to-be stay on budget we... Read More were able to have a stunning 4-tier "blinged out" wedding cake that was within our budget. Each tier was a different flavor with different fillings made from high quality ingredients. Their beautiful creation was a show stopper and the topic of conversation all night, we had a large wedding and I can't even count how many of our guests complimented our cake. Also, as a complimentary service on our 1 yr anniversary they will bake us a fresh new cake at no additional charge. Professional, people friendly, budget friendly, stunning and Delicious!! Thank you Cakes by Stephanie! I absolutely recommend this cake baker to all brides! A++

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Kristin C

What a gorgeous cake! I can honestly say tha they captured the picture in my mind more perfectly than I was imaging it! This team was professional, easy to work with, and exceptionally focused on detail. Thank you for your kindness and simplicity and for making the most... Read More perfect and delicious cake while supporting my planning efforts from the other side of the country. Sephanie's is top notch and gets my highest recommendation - simply perfection! Thank you!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Samantha N

Cakes by Stephanie did a wonderful job with our wedding cake. It turned out beautifully and all 3 flavors we chose were absolutely delicious! I love that we do not need to freeze our top tier, Cakes by Stephanie recreates the top tier for our 1 year anniversary. What a great... Read More idea!