Cakes by Tammy

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes

Pittsburgh, PA
Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Northeast Ohio

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Marie P

“DID YOU SEE THE CAKE?” That is the first thing our DJ said to us before we walked into the ballroom. I said not yet and he goes… it is amazing and HUGE! Then- when everyone was eating cake--- they commented on how moist and delicious it was! People ate a second piece- there... Read More was no left overs! Lets just say it is not the standard, boring wedding cake! The cake was PERFECT! The detail Tammy put into the cake was amazing – she is a great decorator. What else could you ask for – a gorgeous cake that tastes delicious! She is simply the BEST!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Brianna P

Tammy was great to work with from the very beginning. She had no problem meeting us at a hotel in our hometown and she brought two 6-inch cakes for us to take home and try! The two cakes were delicious and the generous sample allowed us to share it with the groom's family. After... Read More a couple weeks of not being able to decide on which flavors to get, Tammy offered to make us THREE more sample cakes for a small price. After we finally made our decision, I sent Tammy a couple of pictures of cakes that I saw from Pinterest. The cakes that I sent her were very different from the beautiful sample cakes she showed us, but I had total faith in Tammy and knew that her creativity and talent would shine through..and boy was I right! When I saw the cake for the first time on our wedding day, I was completely blown away! I requested an "ombré"-style cake that went from teal at the top to purple at the bottom...it was more beautiful than I even imagined and looked INCREDIBLE with the acrylic cake topper I picked out. I felt bad cutting it! I could not recommend Tammy enough for any upcoming brides and grooms...she was so easy to work with and our cake was beautiful and delicious. I already can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Tori c

I can not even begin to tell you how AMAZING Tammy from Cakes by Tammy is to work with. I looked at many different cake places and had high expectations for the cake I wanted. I wanted a truly custom cake with intricate designs. I went to a couple bakeries that wanted to charge... Read More insane amounts of money or just told me they could not do the cake I envisioned. When I met with Tammy she said she was excited to make the cake and hoped I chose the one I showed her. She was up for the challenge. The cake was the most BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever seen! I did not want to cut it! It was a 6 tier cake with a detailed silver dragee design and edible pearls. She had to apply the design with tweezers (I now feel bad about that). My reception venue second my opinions on the cake and said it was the best one they had seen. Not only was it the most beautiful cake ever but it also tasted delicious! You will not regret going with Tammy, she was amazing!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Angeleah G

Continuous communication and effortless ease. Tammy was amazing. Everything was thought-out and beautiful. She has amazing options to fit every budget!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Cori H

Cakes by Tammy is great! We got married on 10/8 and had a small cake along with a bunch of cupcakes and let me just say they were amazing! The two tier cake looked amazing along side with the cupcakes. She even put together a small cake for my in laws to cut since we got... Read More married on their anniversary. She was a pleasure to work with her cakes/cupcakes are so fantastic as well!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelly P

Tammy made us the perfect wedding cake!!! She took a picture I had and turned it into my dream cake!! And her cakes are also DELICIOUS!! I loved everything about the way our cake look and tasted!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Karah B

Tammy exceeded our expectations in what we wanted for a wedding cake! It was EXACTLY if not more than I could of dreamed of a wedding cake! It was beautiful, AND it tasted great too!!! Communication with Tammy was very easy! the cake was also affordable for what you get! First... Read More off, at your first meeting she gives you sample cakes to try, well of course after we tried our first bite we knew she was a shoe in! Would highly recommend for any special event!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Shannon V

Tammy was my favorite vendor of my entire wedding and I cannot sing her praises enough!! As an out of town bride, Tammy worked with me to allow me to taste some of her cakes, even meeting me at night at a random hotel in Robinson to drop them off to me. We had a separate wedding... Read More cake from Prantl's for a morning brunch on the wedding day (Tammy's was for our evening reception) that I expected to be my favorite. However, at the evening reception, I was blown away!! We had the marble cake with oreo buttercream, which I expected to be good but it was by far my favorite cake I've ever had. I was also incredibly indecisive about how I wanted it decorated and what color I wanted it. She really helped me come up with a design and color scheme and I can't thank her enough. Her cake was gorgeous. I give her my highest recommendation - Tammy is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Stephanie M

Cakes by Tammy are awesome!! The taste is amazing as is the design. She was so easy to work with and accommodating. Our cake was perfect for our big day!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Tammy did an amazing job on our 4 tiered wedding cake! We couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. It looked beautiful and tasted excellent!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Breanne S

We could not have been happier with our cake from cakes by Tammy. She was so great to work with and very helpful. She was willing to make any sample flavor combination we wanted and was very flexible. She combined the ideas from the pictures we sent her and made our dream... Read More cake. The cake was delicious as well as beautiful.

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Sarah B

Tammy was wonderful to work with. She has many different cake, filling, and icing combinations to suit any tastes. Our guests thought the cake was beautiful and delicious.

DELICIOUS!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Grace Y

This was one of the two choices we had with our package for our wedding and it was the best choice we made with the cake. Tammy was super energetic and she was one that seemed to have a passion for what she does. When we met with her she made us so many choices that we ended... Read More up with layers of different flavors. She does an amazing job with making sure the flavors of cake and icing are exactly to your liking. I love that she makes a separate cake for the anniversary cake. She is very good with details and we couldn't have asked for anything better. All of our guests complimented how amazing the cake was and a portion of it even when back with a friend to Ohio whose parents also raved how good the cake was. So kudos to Tammy and if you're looking for someone with passion on details and flavor, she's the one for you.

She's Amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Emily B

Cakes by Tammy is amazing and I would definitely recommend her for anyone's wedding! Tammy was great to deal with and always responded quickly to my e-mails. She can do ANY design on a cake. She'll show you a lot she has done in the past, but if you like a particular design,... Read More just show her a picture and she can have it done! Her cakes are DELICIOUS! Everyone at our wedding said how wonderful our cake was! I love Cakes by Tammy and will definitely be making my sister use her for her wedding! She's great!

Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Lisa A

I can not thank Tammy enough for creating the wedding cake of my dreams! Not only did she make a gorgeous wedding cake but it was absolutely delicious. After tasting several of her cakes, my husband and I chose the white chocolate swirl batter with strawberry filling. My... Read More wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the cake was! I would recommend her to any bride as she takes the time to listen and is willing to create anything you want for a very reasonable price! She is the best :-)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Brandi B

Our wedding cake was included in our wedding package from our venue, but we had a choice between two bakers. We chose Cakes by Tammy and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Tammy is such a pleasant person to work with! She listens to exactly what you want and gives... Read More it to you. Our cake was EXACTLY what we wanted! My husband doesn't even like cake, but he looooved Tammy's french vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling which we used in each tier of our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend Tammy to all my friends and family. Such a great person!

Fixed my cake disaster!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Amanda C

We had orginally booked with another baker who called me and said they could no longer do my cake. That was the best thing that could have ever happened. Tammy saved the day! She met with us at an agreed upon location and built the cake I had designed to the tee. It looked... Read More exactly like my picture. Not only that, she was much more affordable than any other baker I could find!

Beautiful and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/30/2013 Courtney C

Thank you Tammy for making such a delicious wedding cake that my husband ate my piece while I wasn't looking!! When I met with Tammy she was friendly and fun to talk to. She was open to all of our ideas and answered a lot of our questions about what was or wasn't possible. When... Read More we showed her some inspiration photos, she immediately understood our vision. When we ran into a road block with the particular color we wanted, she went above and beyond to try and match it. She kept in contact with us and provided us with updates on her progress. When she wasn't able to match the color (it was truly just an odd color), she provided us with many options (even though it was only a week before the big day). Her efforts to make us happy were much appreciated. In the end, she created a beautiful cake that fit what we pictured in our minds AND tasted so very delicious! I can't wait to chow down on that anniversary cake (which she baked and boxed separately for us).

Delicious and Beautiful Cake

Reviewed on 10/29/2013 Jennifer

Tammy was wonderful to work with! I brought her multiple pictures of cakes I liked and she was able to design a custom cake from them! It was the cake of my dreams! The cake itself was moist and delicious! I have received so many compliments on the cake, it was definitely a... Read More hit! I would highly suggest using Cakes by Tammy!

Tastes as good as it looks!!

Reviewed on 10/17/2013 Erin

This was one of my husbands only stern requests. He liked her cakes so much that he said he didn't even care what it looked like, because it tastes amazing. Thankfully, Tammy is amazingly talented and it looked beautiful as well. She was so accommodating and let us choose... Read More different fillings AND cake flavors for each of our 4 tiers. We showed her photos of colors and styles of decorating and she put them all together and made the most gorgeous ombre buttercream cake. She's a dream!

Tammy was great!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 Tia C

Beautiful cake that tasted sooooo good!!! Love Tammy!

Simply Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Janet W

We used Cakes by Tammy for our wedding. Tammy is very easy to work with, she realizes it's your day and she will work with you so you get that perfect cake you've been dreaming of. our cake was delicious, and just beautiful! I would highly recommend using her.

Do yourself a favor and hire Tammy!

Reviewed on 9/23/2013 Victoria B

I love cake. I could admittedly eat cake for every meal of the day and not get bored of it. Chocolate, white, red velvet, I don't care...put some icing on it and I'll eat it. Cake = life. Good cake = happiness :) So I know bad cake when I taste it. Tammy's cake is out of... Read More this world, insanely good! The father of one of our wedding guests is a baker and she RAVED about our cake from Tammy, so that is saying something! We opted for 2 tiers of chocolate and 2 tiers of white, both with regular buttercream. The chocolate was perfect! Not too rich but just the right chocolate flavor! The buttercream isn't too sugary or grainy like some can be. The design and the artistry was beautiful!!!! Tammy was incredibly easy to work with and super nice! She put my fiance and I at ease and I felt like we were friends, instead of bride and vendor. Her prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of work! Stop looking at other bakers right now and do yourself a favor and hire Tammy! You will not be disappointed!!!!

THANK YOU!!!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013 Tammy B

I'm sure there is a way to reply to reviews my brides have left me, but as most of you know, Im not very computer savvy! :) I just wanted to THANK all of you for such awesome reviews and tell you how much I appreciate them! On days I question why I do this for a living (you... Read More know, the one's where I added too much vanilla to the icing, or doubled the eggs in the cake mix on accident kind'a days), all I have to do is read some reviews from my former clients and I remember EXACTLY why!! Thank you all for making me a part of one of the most special day's of your life!

WOW! Most beautiful wedding cake!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 kristi k

Tammy is by far the best wedding cake vendor in Pittsburgh! Even so, that I decided against our normal "go to" bakery and chose her. She was very pleasant and easy to work with. She will even provide you with 2 large cake samples to take home and taste with your family. No job... Read More is too difficult to her. I had a very elaborate 5 tier cake and it turned out just as the picture I showed her. I am beyond satisfied with her service. She is also very reliable and talented! Go Tammy!

Start a Conversation!