Cakes by Tammy

Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Northeast Ohio

Cakes by Tammy

Elegant or fun- I can create it! Known for having a "smaller" bakery, I’m able to focus more time on each cake I create. One on one service from beginning to end! Cakes from scratch. Wonderful homemade buttercream icing. Schedule your free consultation/tasting today!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free

Cake Stands, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes

Pittsburgh, PA Pittsburgh, Youngstown, Northeast Ohio (234) 244-4690

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Samantha O

One word... unreal. Our cake looked like something straight from a magazine and tasted even better! It was absolutely gorgeous and by far the most complimented thing at our reception. Tammy was so incredibly kind and went the extra mile for any questions or requests we had. She... Read More had BY FAR the best tasting cake out of any bakeries we tried (and believe me, we tried a few.) Not to mention, she was by far the most reasonably priced baker as well. You could tell she just absolutely loves her job and is such a people person. I could not recommend Cakes by Tammy enough.

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Brianna P

Tammy was great to work with from the very beginning. She had no problem meeting us at a hotel in our hometown and she brought two 6-inch cakes for us to take home and try! The two cakes were delicious and the generous sample allowed us to share it with the groom's family. After... Read More a couple weeks of not being able to decide on which flavors to get, Tammy offered to make us THREE more sample cakes for a small price. After we finally made our decision, I sent Tammy a couple of pictures of cakes that I saw from Pinterest. The cakes that I sent her were very different from the beautiful sample cakes she showed us, but I had total faith in Tammy and knew that her creativity and talent would shine through..and boy was I right! When I saw the cake for the first time on our wedding day, I was completely blown away! I requested an "ombré"-style cake that went from teal at the top to purple at the bottom...it was more beautiful than I even imagined and looked INCREDIBLE with the acrylic cake topper I picked out. I felt bad cutting it! I could not recommend Tammy enough for any upcoming brides and grooms...she was so easy to work with and our cake was beautiful and delicious. I already can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Tori c

I can not even begin to tell you how AMAZING Tammy from Cakes by Tammy is to work with. I looked at many different cake places and had high expectations for the cake I wanted. I wanted a truly custom cake with intricate designs. I went to a couple bakeries that wanted to charge... Read More insane amounts of money or just told me they could not do the cake I envisioned. When I met with Tammy she said she was excited to make the cake and hoped I chose the one I showed her. She was up for the challenge. The cake was the most BEAUTIFUL thing I have ever seen! I did not want to cut it! It was a 6 tier cake with a detailed silver dragee design and edible pearls. She had to apply the design with tweezers (I now feel bad about that). My reception venue second my opinions on the cake and said it was the best one they had seen. Not only was it the most beautiful cake ever but it also tasted delicious! You will not regret going with Tammy, she was amazing!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Jessica B

Tammy is an absolutely lovely lady to work with and her cakes are divine. My main concern with cake was I wanted a cake that tasted amazing and decorations were not as big of a concern to me. That being said, Tammy's cakes taste incredible and her designs are marvelous. She will... Read More also go out of her way to help you find the perfect cake. We wanted a fall flavor for our fall wedding and my husband isn't a fan of pumpkins spice, so despite the fact that it's not listed on her website, she still baked us an incredible apple spice cake that everyone loved. She also met with us multiple times to make sure everything was just right. At our first meeting, we were surprised to find that instead of bringing us a small sample slice of cake or a cupcake like most bakers, she brought us 2 full 6 inch cakes at no charge. When we wanted to taste a different flavor months later, she more than happily baked us another full 6 inch cake for free, and then surprised us with a ton of free cupcakes for my husband's Birthday. In addition to her generosity and her excellent cakes, Tammy is extremely personable, fun to talk to, and our meetings felt more like a meeting with a friend than a meeting with a wedding vendor, which made the entire process even more amazing.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Abigail H

My fiancé and I attempted to schedule a tasting with Tammy, it took her 2 days to respond. After scheduling a tasting she told us a few days before the meeting day that she had forgotten that she had plans on that day and couldn’t make it. Then during our second attempt we had a... Read More family emergency and emailed to say we needed to reschedule, and it took her 4 days to respond. Then on our third attempt we drove 40 minutes away to the meeting spot and waited 30 minutes and she never showed up nor gave us a phone call or email alerting us to the fact that she would be be missing our meeting, at least not until the next day giving excuses as to why she could not meet with us and wanted our time. In the month that we “corresponded” with her she never once responded to our emails or calls until more than 24 hours after or longer. We completely wasted our time with her and do not recommended her to anyone and we are glad we are not using her because we could be assured that she would have failed to actually bring a cake to our wedding day.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Sarah S

Our cake was absolutely incredible! It was, hands down, my favorite part of the reception! Tammy created exactly what I envisioned and requested, and it was absolutely beautiful. The detail execution - gorgeous. Tammy was also very receptive whenever I thought about changing my... Read More design, and offered her expertise opinion in which I trusted and was not let down. If you are looking for something classy, timeless, elegant - this is your bakery!

Reviewed on 7/23/2017 Clare T

So, I'm not going to lie, I tried a lot of cake (A LOT). Many bakeries had spectacular presentation, but the cake itself was bland or even greasy. With Tammy, there was no sacrifice on the part of flavor for a beautiful cake, though her artistry is also amazing. Tammy's cake is... Read More not only delicious, but she also was incredibly thoughtful about letting us try multiple options and discuss with her what we wanted. She was phenomenal! (And the cake was too :) )

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Yvette R

Our wedding cake, for our wedding May 6, 2017 was absolutely gorgeous. Tammy is so creative and passionate about her work and it definitely shows in her product. Everyone loved the cake and even grabbed seconds. I love that the top of the cake is able to be used because she... Read More makes a separate anniversary cake for us. Tammy is easy to communicate with and and her cake is delicious .

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Christine J

I cannot recommend Tammy enough. I had originally dreamed of a Bethel Bakery cake, that is until I tasted Tammy's cake. Every single person at our (large) wedding went on and on about how good our cake was- "the best they've ever had!" Not only do her cakes taste amazing, they... Read More look amazing too. She even gives you sample cakes to take home and try, not tiny bites!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Stan M

It was perfect!! everyone loved it and it tasted fantastic! Thank you for working so hard on it especially after your accident. We appreciate it and everyone had nothing but good things to say about it. Thank you for making our day special!

Reviewed on 11/09/2016 Angeleah G

Continuous communication and effortless ease. Tammy was amazing. Everything was thought-out and beautiful. She has amazing options to fit every budget!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Cori H

Cakes by Tammy is great! We got married on 10/8 and had a small cake along with a bunch of cupcakes and let me just say they were amazing! The two tier cake looked amazing along side with the cupcakes. She even put together a small cake for my in laws to cut since we got... Read More married on their anniversary. She was a pleasure to work with her cakes/cupcakes are so fantastic as well!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kelly P

Tammy made us the perfect wedding cake!!! She took a picture I had and turned it into my dream cake!! And her cakes are also DELICIOUS!! I loved everything about the way our cake look and tasted!!!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Karah B

Tammy exceeded our expectations in what we wanted for a wedding cake! It was EXACTLY if not more than I could of dreamed of a wedding cake! It was beautiful, AND it tasted great too!!! Communication with Tammy was very easy! the cake was also affordable for what you get! First... Read More off, at your first meeting she gives you sample cakes to try, well of course after we tried our first bite we knew she was a shoe in! Would highly recommend for any special event!!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Shannon V

Tammy was my favorite vendor of my entire wedding and I cannot sing her praises enough!! As an out of town bride, Tammy worked with me to allow me to taste some of her cakes, even meeting me at night at a random hotel in Robinson to drop them off to me. We had a separate wedding... Read More cake from Prantl's for a morning brunch on the wedding day (Tammy's was for our evening reception) that I expected to be my favorite. However, at the evening reception, I was blown away!! We had the marble cake with oreo buttercream, which I expected to be good but it was by far my favorite cake I've ever had. I was also incredibly indecisive about how I wanted it decorated and what color I wanted it. She really helped me come up with a design and color scheme and I can't thank her enough. Her cake was gorgeous. I give her my highest recommendation - Tammy is AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Stephanie M

Cakes by Tammy are awesome!! The taste is amazing as is the design. She was so easy to work with and accommodating. Our cake was perfect for our big day!

Reviewed on 7/05/2016

Tammy did an amazing job on our 4 tiered wedding cake! We couldn't have been happier with how it turned out. It looked beautiful and tasted excellent!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Breanne S

We could not have been happier with our cake from cakes by Tammy. She was so great to work with and very helpful. She was willing to make any sample flavor combination we wanted and was very flexible. She combined the ideas from the pictures we sent her and made our dream... Read More cake. The cake was delicious as well as beautiful.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Marie P

“DID YOU SEE THE CAKE?” That is the first thing our DJ said to us before we walked into the ballroom. I said not yet and he goes… it is amazing and HUGE! Then- when everyone was eating cake--- they commented on how moist and delicious it was! People ate a second piece- there... Read More was no left overs! Lets just say it is not the standard, boring wedding cake! The cake was PERFECT! The detail Tammy put into the cake was amazing – she is a great decorator. What else could you ask for – a gorgeous cake that tastes delicious! She is simply the BEST!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Sarah B

Tammy was wonderful to work with. She has many different cake, filling, and icing combinations to suit any tastes. Our guests thought the cake was beautiful and delicious.

DELICIOUS!!!

Reviewed on 3/31/2015 Grace Y

This was one of the two choices we had with our package for our wedding and it was the best choice we made with the cake. Tammy was super energetic and she was one that seemed to have a passion for what she does. When we met with her she made us so many choices that we ended... Read More up with layers of different flavors. She does an amazing job with making sure the flavors of cake and icing are exactly to your liking. I love that she makes a separate cake for the anniversary cake. She is very good with details and we couldn't have asked for anything better. All of our guests complimented how amazing the cake was and a portion of it even when back with a friend to Ohio whose parents also raved how good the cake was. So kudos to Tammy and if you're looking for someone with passion on details and flavor, she's the one for you.

She's Amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/22/2014 Emily B

Cakes by Tammy is amazing and I would definitely recommend her for anyone's wedding! Tammy was great to deal with and always responded quickly to my e-mails. She can do ANY design on a cake. She'll show you a lot she has done in the past, but if you like a particular design,... Read More just show her a picture and she can have it done! Her cakes are DELICIOUS! Everyone at our wedding said how wonderful our cake was! I love Cakes by Tammy and will definitely be making my sister use her for her wedding! She's great!

Thank you!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2014 Lisa A

I can not thank Tammy enough for creating the wedding cake of my dreams! Not only did she make a gorgeous wedding cake but it was absolutely delicious. After tasting several of her cakes, my husband and I chose the white chocolate swirl batter with strawberry filling. My... Read More wedding guests are still talking about how amazing the cake was! I would recommend her to any bride as she takes the time to listen and is willing to create anything you want for a very reasonable price! She is the best :-)

Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/15/2014 Brandi B

Our wedding cake was included in our wedding package from our venue, but we had a choice between two bakers. We chose Cakes by Tammy and we couldn't have been happier with our choice. Tammy is such a pleasant person to work with! She listens to exactly what you want and gives... Read More it to you. Our cake was EXACTLY what we wanted! My husband doesn't even like cake, but he looooved Tammy's french vanilla cake with chocolate mousse filling which we used in each tier of our wedding cake. I would definitely recommend Tammy to all my friends and family. Such a great person!

Fixed my cake disaster!

Reviewed on 11/04/2013 Amanda C

We had orginally booked with another baker who called me and said they could no longer do my cake. That was the best thing that could have ever happened. Tammy saved the day! She met with us at an agreed upon location and built the cake I had designed to the tee. It looked... Read More exactly like my picture. Not only that, she was much more affordable than any other baker I could find!