Acoustic fingerstyle guitar and vocals

A guitarist for 30 years, Brian performs a combination of contemporary, classical and jazz music. He will also sing at your wedding in any style: Rock, Pop, R&B/Soul, Motown, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Country. You can request the songs. Sound Clips, Testimonials and Repertoire at www.CallaghanMusic.com

Instruments

Guitar, Vocals

Classical, Country, Folk, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock

After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Wedding

Live Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100

18 Amherst St. Portland, ME, Maine and New England, ME (207) 400-9467

Beautiful Ceremony Music!!

Reviewed on 12/30/2014 Meghan V

My new husband and I got married last month in a little chapel, and hadn't even considered ceremony music until about 30 days before the wedding (oops!). We found Brian by doing a quick internet search, and we're SO HAPPY that we did! Brian responded immediately to my email,... Read More told me that he was available for our wedding day, and had us over to his house to meet and even played a bunch of songs for us. I only had a couple of songs in mind for the ceremony, and Brian was so helpful with giving us more ideas. The music Brian played at the ceremony was BEAUTIFUL!! (Jesu..., La Vie en Rose, Canon in D, Can't Help Falling in Love, Cheek to Cheek, and a mix of whatever he wanted - as instructed by us - for the prelude and postlude). I haven't seen the professional video yet, but I've heard some friends' cell phone videos and it was beautiful! (Of course I can't actually remember anything from when I started walking down the aisle!). Our friends and family loved the guitar!! Brian showed up early to start playing while the guests arrived, and stayed until all of the guests had left. He was super professional, friendly, pleasant, talented, and affordable! We would recommend Brian to anyone looking for guitar ceremony music!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Ror O

My wife and I had the absolute pleasure of Brian’s music as the backdrop for our ceremony and cocktail reception. The moment we heard Brian’s samples we knew that we wanted him to be a part of our day, and I cannot tell you how many people complimented the ambience Brian’s... Read More guitar during the cocktail reception and ceremony. Brian is a fantastically talented musician and he delivered so much more than we expected.

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Carolyn M

Brian played the music for our wedding ceremony and our cocktail hour in September. He was amazing and worked with us to make the playlists for both events. He was very professional and our guests came to us during and after the wedding raving about how beautiful our guitarist’s... Read More music was!! We are so happy we had Brian there for our special day! We highly recommend him!!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Breanne H

I am so glad we had Brian as part of our day! My planner recommended him and I absolutely see why. Working with him is seamless and worry-free, and his music is perfection! He learned two songs for our ceremony and they were beautiful. He is talented, responsive, reliable and... Read More very kind. You won't regret working with him!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Kathleen B

Brian was amazing! I didn’t have a lot of time planning my wedding and found him about 3 months prior and he was so helpful picking out music and very quick to respond to my questions and sending me samples of songs. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Daniel D

Brian was very helpful and professional and wanting to accommodate in every way we asked. We had him perform before and during our ceremony, as well as during cocktail hour. He was a wonderful addition to our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Donna S

We highly recommend Brian. He was a pleasure to work with. So talented! We hope to hire him again for other events.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Devin P

We had Brian in to play our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour and he was absolutely fantastic! Firstly, he is an extremely talented musician. We received so many compliments about the music during the ceremony and happy hour, so that should say it all. Secondly, Brian was such... Read More a pleasure to correspond and organize details with. His responses were prompt, courteous, and he answered all questions we asked of him. If you're in Maine and looking for a live performer for your event, look no further than Brian, you will not be disappointed. Thank you Brian for making our wedding all the more memorable!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Dorothy M

Brian played for our wedding ceremony on 9/16. He was professional, timely, learned a new song beautifully, and in general was probably the easiest part of my wedding planning process! A+!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Gina L

Brian did an excellent job and was very professional and personable.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Erin A

Brian was wonderful. He played during our ceremony and cocktail hour and we couldn't have asked for a better performer. He played exactly what we wanted for the ceremony and his selection for the cocktail hour was spot on. You can't go wrong with Brian!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Emily H

Brian played for our wedding ceremony and cocktail hour, and even my not easily impressed relatives had high praise for his music. He has an extensive repertoire and is willing to learn new songs for a small fee. He's super friendly and easy to work with- we live out of state... Read More but connected a few times via phone and email. Brian also agreed to accompany my sister for a song during the ceremony, and he was really helpful in arranging the piece and finding a time for them to practice. He also showed up hours early to make sure his battery (which lets him play outside without running electrical cords) and speakers were set up properly and discretely. My husband's a productions guru and was really impressed by the quality of Brian's gear and set up. Brian does charge a fee to come to a dress rehearsal, which I passed on and in hindsight wish I'd done as I think that would have made the transitions during our wedding a little smoother. But I cannot overstate how beautiful he sounded - really the perfect sound for an outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 8/27/2017

Brian played acoustic guitar and sang for our beach wedding ceremony. His repertoire and style suited us perfectly and his performance was fantastic! We, and our guests, loved hearing him play ... Brian was a pleasure to work with, very helpful, and totally understood the mood... Read More we were trying to capture at our ceremony. It would not have been the same without him there! We recommend him with the greatest enthusiasm. Thank you, Brian, for being a part of our more special day.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 elizabeth o

Brian's music was wonderful and added much to the atmosphere of the ceremony. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Monica J

Brian played music for our ceremony for our barn wedding in Maine and it was great!! He was super easy to work with and learned a couple of songs for us, both of which turned out great. Everyone said they liked his music as well. He was very responsive over email before the... Read More wedding.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Katelyn P

Brian was such a great addition to our ceremony. His passion and skill were evident and when he played during the ceremony and as the guests showed up, it really created the ambiance we wanted. Working with him was very easy and I love how his website has samples and a list of... Read More songs to choose from, we were able to choose songs that we loved and that fit the excitement and emotions of the day. I highly recommend working with Brian. Thank you Brian for helping to make our day so special!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Erick T

A true professional in his craft... we had Brian join us on our maiden voyage aboard the schooner, Wendameen. He was spectacular. From our requests to the musical arrangements we asked him to choose on his own, he rocked them all! Every step of the way, Brian was wonderful to... Read More work with. Communications were prompt, detailed and sincere. With a soulful voice paired with impeccable guitar playing, he helped make our wedding day everything we hoped it would be. What a talent!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Samantha W

Brian was fantastic!! We got so many compliments about how wonderful and talented was. He has such a wide variety of songs on his repertoire and I appreciated how easy he made the process from start to wedding day. I would very highly recommend him to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tara C

Brian has a great and diverse selection of music that made it easy for us to choose songs for our ceremony and reception. We received multiple compliments from our guests on Brian's performance! Thanks again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Hannah W

Brian did a great job at our wedding. We reached out to him somewhat last minute and he was so patient and helpful. The music was a wonderful added touch for our ceremony and cocktail hour, and he was so easy to work with. We didn't do any custom music, but we found a lot of... Read More songs we liked in his existing category. He has a lot to choose from that would fit most musical tastes. I'd highly recommend Brian for a stress-free, music experience at your event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Chantal D

He played beautiful music at my wedding! I certainly recommend him!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Tai D

Brian played acoustic guitar during our ceremony and then play guitar and sang during our cocktail hour. Everyone loved him and we were so thrilled with his sound and professionalism. Brian arrived early and set everything up. We even needed a microphone for the ceremony and... Read More Brian provided that at very little extra cost to us. We could not be more pleased with him!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jessica S

Brian is the best! If you are looking for a beautiful and classy musical experience coupled with outstanding vendor communication, look no further! We planned our Maine wedding from Seattle and Brian was our favorite of our vendors to work with. He made himself available,... Read More followed through on all of our questions and made us feel very comfortable with planning our music selections from cross country. We loved that Brian played beautifully and also had such an amazing voice! I loved his rendition of "Somewhere over the Rainbow," my absolute favorite. Several guests commented on what a great addition he was. Our only regret is that we didn't get to enjoy more of his music during our cocktail hour, since we were getting pictures taken during that time!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Gillian G

As the mother of the bride, we were looking for music that was classy and elegant, and Brian provided that for us. His playing was so wonderful, it added something unique to our daughters' wedding day. Our guests, wedding party and even other vendors were raving about him.... Read More HIGHLY recommend!!! Thanks Brian for helping to make the day unforgettable!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2016 Catherine B

Brian played beautifully at our wedding! He helped us through the process of selecting music and was extremely responsive to email (much faster than we were in getting back!). I particularly appreciated his insight to which songs might be best for certain parts of the... Read More ceremony, and as we made last minute tiny changes, he easily rolled with it and seemed completely genuine in his commitment to making the experience be what we wanted. He also provided a custom song request on pretty late notice for part of our ceremony, which was totally above and beyond. I'd recommend Brian highly for your wedding!